Layoffs at Game Informer

GET WOKE....

Attached: ECcR8u_XUAE620M.png (542x767, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxEQOv2g0JA
gameinformer.com/2019/08/19/after-transphobic-comments-spark-controversy-ion-fury-developers-apologize-for-employee
youtube.com/watch?v=sllvCPKDVZM
archive.fo/Kb2EO
youtube.com/watch?v=_Lcnvd8BNFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would you feel if you lost a job you loved

I have no empathy for useless game journalists. They can learn to code.

I would simply find a new job

I'd learn to code!

I did. Because and SJW cunt who didn't like me complained to HR and lied about me. I want all this scum to die painfully

only works for niggers who are willing to fill diversity quotas

Game journalism is cancer. They're literally paid to shill for large corporations while pretending to be a fair third party.

LEARN

TO

CODE

I did and I learned to code, it's easy

good thing I'm not white

Attached: 1541673124409.gif (400x208, 131K)

They had it coming. Spend years shilling and pushing political propaganda on video games while trying to ruin lives of those who don't agree with their ideas only to get fired by the very company that used you. GET WOKE GO BROKE.

I'd learn to code

>THIS IS BECAUSE THEY WENT WOKE HAHA THEY WENT BROKE
Imagine being this retarded and delusional. Game Stop owns Game Informer. Is Game Stop woke? Are they going broke because they're going woke? Fucking moronic incels.

Attached: 1545174514016.png (1341x675, 386K)

Good thing I'm a nigger then.
Game Informer can get fucked, like all gaming "journalists."

i would go down the street to one of the other 12 machine shops and get a job there. everyone wants skilled labour these days

that's what happens when you call coworkers cunts, user

Attached: 1542408148752.jpg (1024x960, 158K)

The old guard journalists are finished we are winning the war and youtube journalists are overtaking them, gamegate was their downfall.

> Is Game Stop woke? Are they going broke because they're going woke?
Actually they are going broke.

This doesn't have shit to do with being "woke" you fucking retards, it's because GameStop owns them and they're going under.

If i'd gotten woke then i'd deserved it.

I have no fucking empathy for these FAGGOTS ever since Driv3rgate
youtube.com/watch?v=gxEQOv2g0JA

Ad this is Why you shouldn't trust them, mainly when they are receiving bonuses from scummy gaming companies.

>tfw both Game stop and Game Informer die in your lifetime

Attached: 1565213492752.jpg (1218x880, 340K)

Exactly. But its not because of wokeness, its because they ran their business like shit.

Masterful bait.
So many (You)'s while not even being obnoxious or sarcastic.

Boy you sure are stupid.

L2Code

Explain to me how Game Informer and Game Stop are going broke because of wokeness, retard.

Angry leftcucks ITT

>But its not because of wokeness, its because they ran their business like shit.
They were pushing the wokeness while practicing bad business.

Game journalists are garbage people, I don't compare myself with them.

Does Tim Turi, the reviewer who gave Sonic Generations a bad review because it had levels (BASED ON) Sonic 06 and Sonic Colors, fired yet?

……………………„„-~^^~„-„„_
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
…/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
'| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

>NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELP ME, WE NEED TO UNIONIZE
Feels good that surrogate friend streamers are killing so many redundant job markets full of useless people. Shroud and TimTheTatman are directly responsible for this.

Attached: 1560843388125.png (1319x879, 668K)

>Don't have to hear Imran sound like his nose is full of snot while trying to be the smartest guy in the show through skype audio on the GI podcast anymore.
Fucking what a great day.

>NONONONNO YOU CANT JUST FIRE US FUCKING GAMEEEERRSSS!!!

And nothing of value was lost

>diversity hires
they should not of had them in the first place

It keeps happening

>Complain about lack of unions
Why don’t they just create their own then?

>listening to the GI podcast
What the fuck, dude

Women get diversity quota jobs too

Oh he left years ago. Now im not as happy about people getting laid off.

can i save this?

No idea, I never had a job I loved so that's a big tough shit at least they had one from me.

Because
>get woke
>go broke

I don't know most of those guys, but Imran Khan is a fuckboi and will not be missed. Lots of the pronoun brigade hate their jobs, hate games, and hate the people who play them. I don't feel sorry for any of them desu. They worked at Game Informer for fuck sake. Gamestop is circling the drain and games media is as well. This was 100% bound to happen at some point soon and they knew it. They should have been starting Youtube/Twitch channels if they cared about staying in the industry talking about games. Since they don't actually give much of a shit about them, they didn't.

I don't remember GameInformer being particularly "woke," any examples?

I think I might be too autistic to ever hold a job.

Attached: 1 C6nE0xYAfE_EILweimv8hw.jpg (720x720, 221K)

Attached: 1552632339798.png (637x431, 171K)

All you need nowadays is 2-4 people to run a twitter account 24/7.

>loved
More like
>couldn't hack it in real journalism
>have to settle for a video game pawn shop's shit rag

One of the few okay gaming podcasts. They also talk about whatever the magazine is about for the month.

You have low fucking standards.

>Imran Khan
OH NONONONONONONONONO

gameinformer.com/2019/08/19/after-transphobic-comments-spark-controversy-ion-fury-developers-apologize-for-employee

I'm glad Imran Khan is gone.
Fucking dumb Sonyfag.

>Create unions of unskilled shit talkers
>Actual unions of skilled workers (mainly corrupt and connected) see this
>Ay Tony, me an' da guys are going pay these guys a visit
There's a reason why not every profession can unionize and those that do they realize its not what it seems.

I note most of the folks fired all have their pronouns in their bio, so no great loss IMO.

Enrich me

With what, a gaming podcast recommendation?

Why would I fucking listen to a gaming podcast? Get some fucking taste.

not how it works but ok
you sound 12

She was in a different department, barely even spoke to her.
I wish I had the chance to call her a cunt to her face.

>Imran Khan

Get fucked sand slime.

Attached: 1565208840690.webm (568x320, 2.99M)

I would probably suicide if my business fails that badly

lol is this you

Attached: 1555821239946.png (449x175, 44K)

My entire life.

The business you currently own or the hypothetical one you're totally gonna start when you grow up

Just learn to code bro :)

If you absolutely need audio noise about entertainment mediums at least just throw on a Redlettermedia video.

What the fuck did they even write?

More like Imran Gone

>twitter screencap thread

Attached: twitterscreencap.png (580x124, 12K)

Own. I would be pretty fucked one way or another by how bankruptcy works on my country

I have not loved a job but I have stockpiled more than 2+ years worth of rent

Attached: zcps9vs0rgc21.png (579x946, 558K)

What kind of business is it?

Do you even know what unions are retard? No new group of workers can simply unionize and be done with. There are set rules and unspoken bylaws that dictate what a union is and how its formed. Assuming this is North America, every unions from skilled trades and service-based industry are connected and each one has to be given approval or some tribute in order to exist. If a new trade union are formed then one group will extort them for "assistance" while another will demand membership dues. They will most likely be forced to pay political donations or some charity fees for another large union. Its a mafia organization.

Gameinformer was an actual "journalism" magazine with actual good reporting. Of course this is Yea Forums so every journalist is Kotaku tier to them so why even mention it.

Imran Khan is a massive faggot

Attached: ECcYmDWXUAAPiZt.jpg (758x440, 47K)

I'm competent in what I like to do, getting a job is not a big deal when you are good. Even easier if you already worked once

Do we need to post articles by the three people in the OP to prove you wrong?
Or can you just admit that this was a stupid post?

>won't you think of the poor corporate drones

Your next step is defending Jason Schreier

>just learn to code bro
>requires 3-4 year university degree that puts you in massive amounts of debt
>need the mathetical and logical ability to code in the first place
>even then you need to actually like doing it, huge time investment to even begin to start coding professionally.
>Nepotism in the workforce coupled with diversity quotas means you're not even likely to get a job

JUST LEARN TO CODE DOOOD

Fucking kill yourselves incels.

The funniest part are the opened tabs :)

I see no flaw in this argument.

I agree with the fifth one.
White male aged 24 here. Learning to code would make me a statistic.

r/woosh

The job I love would not involve writing intellectually dishonest vitriol and ruining an entire entertainment medium.

Who fucking care who they are. Read the fucking magazine and you'll see some great, multi-page articles that would NEVER find online by these shit 500 words or less publications. Just saying with gameinformer gone you're just not going to get that shit ever again.

I lost my job once but I knew how to code and now I'm a manager for coders! Click here to find out more.

I hope this is just a post-ironic shitpost and not what you seriously think about this thread

Which part isnt true

Gameinformer was and still is a shitty rag used to sell preorders to gamestop clients

selling cocoa beans and products. The jump from local to international was challenging to say the least. A lot of communities depend on us.

All I see is multi-page SJW PROPAGANDA PIECES

>games journalism becomes bloated and filled with glorified guerrila marketing wings for AAA publishers
>WTF BROS WHY ARE ALL THE GAMING JOURNALISTS BEING FIRED AHHHHHH UNIONS HELP ME!

the part of you missing why people tell them to learn to code in the first place

Why don't these fucking morons realise that even if they unionised, if there's no fucking money to pay them they're going to get shit canned

Attached: tenor.png (348x208, 141K)

I doubt you'd love your job if all you ever did was bitching how bad everything is and how everything needs to change.

They should learn to code

This, I didn't know what the fuck to do with this massive pile of shit I got delivered to me for months. Maybe I'll make a bonfire or something out of it all, would serve a better purpose.

Yeah people lost their jobs that will teach them for not thinking like me and dare liking the DMC reboot. Hail the hivemind that is V.

It would suck. But then again I'm a software engineer so I'll find another place to work at.

I'd still laugh at you retards.

based

Muh magazine job oh noooo. Lmao

So rather than offering sympathy, empathy or realistic advice you're just shitting on them maliciously, and then you're surprised when they write shit about you incels.

Okay,

I certainly wouldn't virtue signal at people I'd never see again

Want a tissue?

>unironically calling others incels on 4channel.org
This site isn't for you, you should do us and yourself a favor and leave permanently

>So rather than offering sympathy, empathy or realistic advice you're just shitting on them maliciously
You continue to be ignorant of why people are replying "learn to code". Quit posting.

Hahahaha cry more faggot, I hope they cant find work and lose everything they have by the grace of allah

>Laid off at a days notice

Do these people have contracts? Is the games media made up of independent contractors?

>>requires 3-4 year university degree that puts you in massive amounts of debt
that's why you get a job with said degree and pay them back

Yea Forums mocks unions and then questions why these workers dont have union-like benefits

>do these people have contracts

Hahahahaha giving employment contracts to bloggers? Yeah right

The "learn to code" isn't meant seriously, it's poking fun at the fact the media has constantly been pushing the "outsourcing and automation are no big deal because people will just get skilled jobs like programming."
It's throwing what journalists have been pushing back at them.

These people don't love their job, or at least they don't love the "gaming" part of their job. They love to shit out their personal opinions and get paid for it, so they can do that for free and fuck off somewhere else to do real work. It's telling that the ones that ate their market are streamers who are actually fucking playing the games. That's literally what everyone asked from these journos.

Wait, Game Informer still exists?

Makes sense. Who's even subscribed to Game Informer anymore?
To be honest I kinda miss it.

Attached: 1493441530721.png (463x533, 259K)

>>need the mathetical and logical ability to code in the first place
So you're admitting journalists are fucking retarded?

Coasties all sign at-will contracts that are basically slave labor. You're salaried, expecting to work unpaid overtime, can be laid off with no notice, severance, or benefits, Democrat local government made it legal, and they can't unionize because there's a miles-long line of scabs dying to take any position at any of these companies so workers have no bargaining power, work conditioners and job security are shit, and if you step out of line, they'll toss you out like yesterday's garbage and have a replacement lined up before you hit the ground.

A union wouldn't have saved their jobs you retard, they weren't contracted employees. They were glorified temp workers and were dropped because game informer couldnt afford them anymore. If anything a union would have prevented their stupid jobs from existing in the first place because no company is going to spend huge amounts of money on writers nobody even reads.

Learn to code

>Muh union
Having a contract with your employer is shit all to do with being in a Union, why the fuck are these people gambling with their future? I have a real job and I negotiated my contract very fucking carefully, why on earth would these journalists throw effort in to a job that can drop them on a days notice? Is this common in America?

You can learn how to do web development in a few months and get a decently paid job. Even better if you get the fuck out of California since you can actually use that money on yourself.

>So rather than offering sympathy, empathy or realistic advice
You mean those things modern witchhunt organizers, I mean "journalists", refuse to offer when they make a career out of ruining lives?

Not every single person in the world is a math genius you spastic, you think you can train every single human being to program?

No sympathy for journalist filth

I know people do what they have to do to pay the bills but journalism is one of those jobs I simply can not respect. They make their living pushing propaganda for rich people. At best they're making people waste their money on shitty products, and at worst theyre often trying to brainwash people with pro-globalist ideologies.

>subscribe to game informer as a kid
>get two issues before they just stopped sending them
>no notice that the subscription ran out
>no bill
>just nothing
that was like 15 years ago too
I'm shocked it took this long

Exactly, good riddance

I genuinely thought this was a sad dog shown from behind at first

You don't have to be a fucking genius to put some code together so it looks pretty on a browser or a phone screen. You just need to not be retarded.

>Imran Khan
How do you go from the leader of Pakistan to this?

>Magazine
Welcome to CY+...6? whatever print is dead hipster trash.

>math genius
>to code
ahahahahaha

Attached: 1497296700356.gif (260x291, 2.6M)

Wow never realized I was a math genius, good for me!

to be fair, front end work is a soulless nightmare

>implying that 'game journalism is a real job

Attached: faggottt.gif (500x327, 935K)

people should spam "good" to his tweet

Learn to code

You can easily jump to other stuff if you keep learning. A lot of front end jobs have middleware and back components you can get in if you're motivated enough. Front end is just the easy job if you want to get into tech and you won't go hungry at least.

What is the context of his tweet? Were those devs on the wrong side of history?

I didn't go to college and I have a job in data structures and server management for 60k a year

College for basic ass tech jobs is a meme

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PRESS S TO SPIT ON GI'S GRAVE

Attached: 1565429003989.jpg (682x545, 59K)

But Twitter took that meme to be targetted harassment so they banned everyone who posted it.

No, this was me.

Attached: krispy kreme.jpg (634x493, 92K)

>They can learn to code.
LOL
do you really think code monkeys are anywhere near less disposable and unnecessary in the long term or something? you have 10 years at best

Damn she's a real porker

KEK

There probably would be some pushback from publishers (and it's something they could have negotiated with them if they cared), but they could have streamed themselves playing and then released the written reviews. It's not like actual streamers get most of their money from playing the games on release day.

kek that's not even bad
bitches can't bant

Don't be upset, you asked.

That's a retarded thing to say at a white collar company unless you know for sure people wont get offended. You are a retard.

> Can't be assed to do a reverse image search

My office is the same way. Women and HR can bully anyone they want with no consequences, but do anything resembling banter or standing your ground and HR puts a mark on your record. It's ridiculous.
Fuck HR. Fuck journalists. Fuck women. Fuck jannies.

What was his game?

Hmm lies sure

“Hey you’re kinda cute, HEY WAIT DONT GO TELL HR YOU CUNT”

You missed the joke and that's ok

>Reddit letter media

Dragon Dildo Big Adventure

Fucking lol

It's interesting all three use the same phrasing, just slightly different wording.

Changed.

absolute legend

Attached: 1331989486586.gif (250x198, 1.28M)

Wow why did I get fired it’s her fault she can’t take a joke cunt

i really don't get it what did he mean by this

>learn to code was said ironically to make fun of journalists who thought it was the easiest solution for out of work coal miners
>now its said unironically by weeb neets

Attached: 1565168785869.png (680x680, 430K)

yeah that was the game where retardera got upset that a guy working on it was pro-gamergate years before talking about his game, he apologized for wrongthink at E3 but you know, no one's really satisfied by that

last time i opened one to read they were complaining about gamer entitlement and toxicity so i don't open them anymore

Cum on your bum hole

I am irreplaceable.

i get it for having powerup rewards pro, but i don't read it and i buy from gamestop once or twice a year

>kyle hilliard
good. huge fucking soiboy. good riddance

Do you pay for that? What's even the point?

Attached: 1559708552391.png (649x739, 355K)

This tbqhfamalamwhoablackbetty

Attached: 1558451682599.png (702x1138, 1023K)

Suriel always interrupted everyone and had the worst most uninformed takes
Imran was always pushing for woke shit and fagtaku tier articles
it's pretty shocking that kyle was taken out after so many years, he was always the milktoast nintendo drone with middle of the road opinions but he was still an entertaining part of the team, at least back when I stopped watching their stuff when they started going woke. Man, Tim dodge a bullet big time, he hoped on Capcom and skipped that trainwreck.

Aprende a codificar

i get it as a gift every year, i've had it several years. it was nice when it saved me a little on used vidya but i barely buy anything any more, i can pirate for most consoles i have and if i want to collect i don't buy from gamestop.
the gameinformer made it seem worthwhile but i didn't read it much even before it was pozzed.

>they shot down south park because it made a rape joke
>they said that Toy story 3 aged poorly because of the "Ken wearing high heels joke"

How woke can you get?

based and most likely redpilled

Attached: 1542846947528.png (572x572, 336K)

L e a r n t o C o d e
or start workin that street corner... ;)

Is there a conspiracy against quality journalism?
There have been a lot of layoffs this year.

youtube.com/watch?v=sllvCPKDVZM
Remember to drinkle the calcium, anons. If you drinkle the calcium, you will grow big and strong.

Attached: Blank+_4c6073908439a22397b39faf5829586a.gif (326x244, 608K)

yeah, i'd say he's based

>Read the fucking magazine and you'll see some great, multi-page articles that would NEVER find online by these shit 500 words or less publications. Just saying with gameinformer gone you're just not going to get that shit ever again.
You're high. Gaming publications haven't been worth reading since the early to mid 00's. Woke Informer has always been trash.

This has literally nothing to do with 'going woke'

Why do people cry online that they were fired for being incompetent all the time?

You're 100 percent a creep irl

/thread
fuck them all

Magazines are obsolete, it's all about clickbait now.

Attached: you.png (262x438, 71K)

>Get woke go broke
Was game informer “woke”? I haven’t really seen any of that garbage from them

I'm a weeb neet and I know how to code.

Based. Women cant take banter for shit

Game Informer is a GameStop run publication. I'm just hoping they don't go bankrupt for another month so I can get the Switch Lite I ordered cleaning out games I hadn't touched in years and wanted the shelf space for other things.

These "people" literally love sucking cocks covered in their own shit lmfao I hope they all starve to death

Attached: 1566247973959.gif (400x273, 477K)

You say that as if ANYONE on this board is 100% white.

I used to open the game magazines in the grocery store, read them while my Mom shopped then stole the demo discs for good measure.

PSM, PC Gamer and uh GamePro, I think.

Alas, winter has come.

Attached: hyMSv_d.jpg (640x466, 36K)

Journalists become jannies.

Attached: 1559707163341.png (1345x904, 122K)

get a job

Jokes on you. Sucking dick will never get out of style

>faggot appropriating the punished meme
This guy should be killed in a gas chamber

Do you make money with it?

Look at this faggot and laugh

Attached: 1566242000129.png (295x310, 110K)

I'd offer empathy if they were living creatures with souls and not zomboid bugmen polyps.

How did GI get woke?

Don't think about it, just repeat the meme like you're supposed to.

Based

Attached: EBy62i7XoAAudX3.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>wahhh hard work is scary

bamalam

>working for a magazine in 2019

You're just sitting on a timebomb really.

why is this so funny

remember when all those coal miners got laid off and smug journos were posting about how they should learn to code?
I guess the useless societal parasites we call "journalists" should take their own advice now lol

Attached: __koshimizu_sachiko_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_starlight_stage_and_etc_drawn_by_mattaku_mousuke__39 (586x950, 99K)

Journalists have recyclable skills though.

>Learn to code by himself, and little help of Yea Forums launches minecraft - Notch
>Learn to code in less then one year, after been homeless. Sell his app for millions of dollars - Leo Grande
>Learn to code from his house launches Yea Forums
>Me learn to code by myself, get job, go to uni after been employed for 3 years and determinate to get promotion. Now I'm an IT manager.

GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP SPREADING LIES

nice bait

Attached: omm.png (369x331, 260K)

Isn't the first one part of that pedo discord? lmao

Attached: 140goeriut5oi4eutoiueroiutjoieruy and nothing of value was lost.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

I subscribe to the paper version of this for bathroom reading. It's really not woke. PC Gamer is worse. And even PC Gamer isn't that bad. The thing is in order to fill up a website they have to put a lot of fluff. They don't do that with paper magazines because there's only so much space.

S

imagine having empathy for game """"""""""""journalists""""""""""""""

>not how it works but ok
>you sound 12
Oh the irony.

Not bait, journos have degrees and writing experience, they're objectively in a better position than coal miners.

Kike stop employee here

I'm looking at my internal forum right now and corporate says this was a necessary sacrifice to reduce costs and ensure investments continue. This was the "final step" in their reorganizational initiative designed to keep them from closing.

No further large scale firings are planned I should add

The game was largely about the massive flaws found in socialism, And how in an automated society all creativity is destroyed and people suffer from an existential crisis.
So typical that journos hunted the devs down and even got some of the game to be defunded because they didn't agree with it.

yeah, but what about games journos?

trying to get somebody fired on their birthday over mild bantz? what an absolute cunt.

lmao

Attached: 1563354511252.png (273x360, 141K)

It's okay they can learn to code

Yeah, because topical opinion pieces that can typed up in 15 minutes by college kiddies is the same as heavy equipment training, excavation and aspects of labor safety.

Totally.

And friendly reminder that twitter started banning anyone who said it when journos started bitching.

Has any profession suffered worse on Twitter more than journalism? They always cultivated this image of being hard charging truth seekers like it’s 1953. They still do. But thanks to Twitter we see they are a pathetic group of losers obsessed with their reputation in their own circles and maintaining a tyrannical grip on discourse.

>implying
Those who can't do, Teach.
Those who can't teach, teach gym.
Those who can't teach gym, are journos.

"Hello, my name is Soraya Faoussi and I get people fired because I'm French and can't take a joke!!"

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-101021_LinkedIn.jpg (1440x2960, 608K)

I'm sorry that man called you a nigger, fellow GAMER

Journalism isn't a job its societal parasitism, “entertainment” journalism isn't even parasitism it's bottom feeding

Tim is now with Sony, he was smart

as funny as it is, you cant really be surprised that he got in shit for this

Thank god these people are losing thier jobs. The whole fucking consumer journalism industry is nothing but subtle advertising. They have the arrogance to act like thier opinions matter when in reality they say whatever they are told to.

>let me know if you have leads on potential work
>unionize your workplace
kek. Does she realize that her employers will just Google her, find this tweet, and then throw her resume in the trash?

Attached: 1476485549980.webm (1920x816, 1.91M)

I thought Imran Khan was a part of the wack pack or something

These are glorious times for karmic vengeance.

Attached: 1565226774675.jpg (500x500, 77K)

good riddance for imran, he was too much of a snob, suriel didn't have rapport with the crew. Kyle was surprising, he was usually one of the people that had the tough assignsments and seemed close to Andrew Reiner and Andy Mac

Savage. I mean you fucked up by insulting the resident office cunt, but damn.

archive.fo/Kb2EO

>requires 3-4 year university degree that puts you in massive amounts of debt
"massive"
>need the mathetical and logical ability to code in the first place
no
>even then you need to actually like doing it, huge time investment to even begin to start coding professionally.
no
>Nepotism in the workforce coupled with diversity quotas means you're not even likely to get a job
no

Any retarded company around a metropolitan area will hire you directly from school. Even if you forget everything you ever learned as long as you know the generic, practically useless interview questions about bubble sort and for loops you will get the job. I know multiple people who hardly know how to code yet make 6 figures because the US government and its contractors are full of incomps making software that's akin to monkeys on typewriters.

Twitter is just the vehicle, not the problem. These days everyone is fighting to get the story out as fast as possible and with as much sensationalism as possible for the sweet, sweet ad rev and page views. Nobody cares about the truth anymore.

Fake and gay.

I'd simply learn to code desu

I'm in a profession where I can get another position with the snap of my finger. Would take it a blessing for having a few weeks of time off.

>Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard. Have sex incel.

oh shit kyle hilliard has been there a long time

Kyle can 100% get a better job, anyway.
Don’t know the lady well.
Imran would be happier somewhere else where he can be even more of an entitled cunt.

>games journos
>degrees
>writing experience beyond shitty opinion blogging

I’ve never been so erect in my life

>even nu/v/ hates khan
I'll be damned.

Attached: 1430750221039.gif (355x210, 1.74M)

>But thanks to Twitter we see they are a pathetic group of losers obsessed with their reputation in their own circles and maintaining a tyrannical grip on discourse.
They have always been like this. It's just that twitter and social media as a whole has allowed them to let it all out in the open.

Coincedentally threw out a stack of game informers i had laying around. Too much focus on western games.

Its probably better you dont work there. Your only fault was not getting her fired first

>GI Layoffs
>Joe Juba still has a job
God damnit why is that corporate whore still employed

Attached: 85208994.png (369x374, 47K)

he's mocking how journalists have been telling people getting laid off, like goddamn truckers and factory workers, to LEARN TO CODE for years, dude
now they see how stupid and snide that 'advice' is

If the "job you loved" is feeding false video game news, corrupting shit in return of stuff catering to you, and having a disdain for video games and its players, its time to find a new job

Game Informer was of the few news sources who steered clear of falseflag gate in 2014. Genuinely don't understand the hate the mag gets because GameStop is so hands-off and how they still write about what they want to. I guess game journo equals automatic hate.

Most of the thread are gg retards who should have left for hotwheels Chan.

Anything that isn't aligned with the right is automatically leftist?

Why would I compare myself to an insect?

What's to gain from being an entertainment snob? A fleeting feeling of self-righteousness?

user, remember steps 1 and 2

It's an office and you cc'd everyone like a tard. What did you expect?

They seemed fine by the screencap.

>So rather than offering sympathy, empathy or realistic advice you're just shitting on them maliciously
Are you talking about the gamers in regards to journalists or the journalists in regards to coal miners.
Getting lost in the context here.

Yeah everyone hates game journos by association now. Kinda like lawyers

Retire early and go skateboarding

Holy shit I'm a math genius... But I dropped down to the lowest level of math in high school...
How does this work?

They deserved it, no sympathy here.

Joe Juba lubba is that true

Fucking cringing at the Twitter weeb.

Tangently-related but my Southern Baptist grandmother had a saying of "woe into doctors and lawyers."

IS DARTH CLARK OKAY

Attached: 1555775883728.gif (400x316, 1.01M)

>worked in lumber industry, got laid off when Obama started attacking that sort of business
>was at the bar in Austin, Texas and some young jackass told me that I should've learned to code
>suddenly remembered my days as a 12 year old script kiddie tearing ass across IRC and uploading viruses to to file sharers
It was a weird feeling. I was embarrassed to have been a script kiddie but I also remembered my antics warmly.

>degrees and writing experience
user, this is the best post I've seen in a while. Top fucking kek.
I really hope you weren't being serious, because these people are objectively dumber than fucking pigeons.

Last I checked they just published articles saying that they're getting harrassed :(

based

>How would you feel if you lost a job you loved

hahaha. Those faggots hated their jobs. They Hate games and gamers. Half of them can't even pass the tutorial in Cup Head.

Take polygon for example.

> gets invited to a preview of a new Rockband game
> talks about fizzy drinks and food
> says he hates rock music
> bitches about having to do his job
> thinks all video games are stupid
> hates his life and job
> not a single sentence about what's new in the new Rockband game, nothing about the new music or gameplay

THIS is gaming journalism today. They have no love for this job, games or gamers. They just use this as a way to pander their bullshit ideology.

Attached: polygon hates their job.jpg (1488x4352, 1.01M)

learn to code faggot nigger

I wonder if you'd extend the same courtesy to shut-ins who spend their entire day bitching about blacks and women on Yea Forums

>incels laughing at innocent people with valued skills who got fired because they're "ess jay dubbyas"

yikes

>gamers: fuck niggers fuck faggots fuck kikes
>journos: gamers are toxic
>gamers: surprisedpikachu.jpg

>actually learned to code
>get paid $100k/year to code

It's pretty okay, but I guess I'm just lucky that it happens to be a job that can't reasonably be outsourced to people who don't physically work in the building (i.e. they're not sending my job to India).

>liberals laughing at innocent people with valued skills who got fired because they're "incels"

yikes

Why didn't you #learntocode though?

I did script kiddie shit when I was younger, and it just prepped me for doing more comp sci stuff down the line.

You forgot the mouth.

Attached: MaraSMT.jpg (2056x1956, 677K)

>valued skills

Attached: game informer protip.png (636x190, 15K)

Attached: game informer.png (628x1024, 471K)

Journo status: thrown in bog. Weighed down with stones epic style

Attached: 1562281825305m.jpg (1024x576, 101K)

Journalists are subhumans who need to euthanized.

>"General Gameplay Tips"
>getting mad that it's advice for beginners

How about you extend your fucking neck onto some train tracks, you faggot pussy lmao

Attached: 1565012151501.jpg (210x240, 11K)

Because I have a MS in something else and I was out of work for a grand total of 27 days.17 of them were by choice, I told my new employer I needed two weeks before I could start. I went to Ireland. All I did was drink and fuck whores.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Lcnvd8BNFE

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 26K)

>journalists
>"innocent people"
>"""valued skills""""

Attached: 1494633446240.gif (239x277, 278K)

>pic of his filthy screen
Dumb incel

wasn't the government offering free retraining classes for said coding? The journos were still total assholes about it though.

>just play on easy mode bro
>"gameplay tips"

Oh I read into that as you being a logger and thought "Fuck me mate he really didn't do anything with that background."

it was Rock band 4 what do you want? It was literally just another rock band game.

You don't remember all the scams?
>In yet another demonstration that the learn-to-code debacle in Appalachia is far from over, a new profile in the New York Times takes on a venture called Mined Minds, which promised to give laid off miners high paying tech jobs and revolutionize coal towns, and ended up making wild accusations about the people it initially hired after failing to live up to its promises. On the surface, it’s a story of a pretty obvious scam in which a tech education company behaved more like a Fyre Festival type scam without the wire fraud, funneling public funds into a seemingly never-ending party, then blaming the culture of rural Pennsylvania and West Virginia when local governments caught off and closed the cash spigot.

>But it’s also a story that shows some of the reasons why teaching miners to code was always going to be problematic. It’s not that laid off miners or anyone else can’t learn how to code. It’s true that writing code isn’t for everyone, but your previous career is irrelevant in the realm of math and logic. No, the problem was that there was no plan beyond teaching miners the basics of coding and a trendy web development language, then something, something jobs. No one was able to answer the question of why any tech company should relocate from an urban hub to Appalachia other than cost and the promise of generous tax cuts that both companies and local governments know the community cannot really afford.

I started as a logger and moved up. It was the best employer where I grew up and I went to school part time five hours away once I started making money. Took me 8 years to get a BS and 3 to get a MS. I do training and development shit now.

Hella based.

I honestly had not heard that.

Attached: 17433175.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Agreed. This is why I don't banter with anybody at my corporate job. I got /fit/ halfway into my tenure there and half of my female coworkers would say the most inappropriate shit to me, but the moment the office nerd would say anything even remotely inappropriate they'd lose their shit. I made the mistake of trying to build camaraderie with the nerd and I found out he'd just be throwing me under the bus to try to get in with the office sluts. I fucking hated corporate environments so much I ended up changing career paths and became a cop, we can basically say whatever the fuck we want to eachother and it's all in good fun.

Attached: 1562186258504.png (497x479, 221K)

its more like "just go broke" because gamestop is fucking collapsing lol

Their layoffs had nothing to do with diversity hires or wokeness or whatever, it's because their parent company (Gamestop) is circling the drain.

a badge might get you laid but youll still be an incel forever thanks to that attitude, senpai.

Nice blog, cunt.

Shh, never throw facts against the Narrative.

i know how i'd feel because I've been laid off from good jobs before. I doubt these people would feel anything for me. they can find new jobs just like the rest of us peasants.

Why literallywhos have blue check marks?

>leading game magazine
>started as an insert in the Funcoland catalog
>still owned by Funcoland, who changed their name to GameStop
yeah don't tell me this is real journalism. say what you will about Kotaku, at least they don't have a monetary stake in selling you Cis Het White Men Are All Hitler 2020 or whatever

It was hilarious. When one of the ringleaders got shut down she blamed the failure on the miners being addicts.

Attached: D6ZLjWeW4AYBw-e.jpg (750x752, 107K)

Thanks for reading

Attached: 1565390839197.jpg (419x600, 34K)

>was having a bad day
>found out imran khan got fired

Attached: d86.jpg (286x323, 19K)

But you don't gut a division because it's turning profit. ESPECIALLY if your primary business is losing money. Ipso facto Game Informer were losing money and had to be culled because the parent couldn't subsidise their shitty "journalism" anymore.

I think that you underestimate how bad the situation with Gamestop is. It's not just having a bad year, it's gonna be fucking gone within the next year or two.

haha, get fucked muslims

Damn that sucks I like those guys on the podcast. I started randomly getting sent game informer in the mall again in the past three months and it is printed on toilet paper now

i wonder what this vultures vagina smells like

Can anyone spoonfeed me about this?

Used to love these guys back in the days of Tim turi and Dan but lately they have just gone off the deep end with the social justice. Still all the best to them

>Woman gets mad because a guy doesn't know what kind of donut she likes
>Or she gets mad because he does know and tells the office about it
??????
If it's the wrong donut she could just say "Uhhhhm no sweaty, it's actually a bearclaw" and either way all the guys would buy her her favorite donut

journalism is a shrinking field in general due to the rise of social and decentralized media. review journalism is especially on the decline. there is a lot of schadenfreude being directed at journalists losing their jobs because of some journalists years ago exhibiting dismissive behavior towards other fields, in one notable example coal miners. "learn to code" is a phrase associated with some publications like the New York Times saying that middle aged coal miners could simply enter fields that they had no experience in if they were downtrodden for losing their outdated jobs, as though 55 year old coal miners are suddenly going to learn java and become web developers.

the point is, a lot of industries go out of date and have worked get laid of. journalism claimed this years ago and said everything was okay and that's how things go, yet when it happens to them they act like it's some sort of crime. they're not special.

Attached: somebody in this thread will fap to this.gif (320x334, 2.99M)

Based and breadpilled

Woke woke woke Woke!
Woke woke wo ke
Wo woke

GameInformer is owned by Gamestop, this has nothing to do with Woke and everything to do with Gamestop being a train crash

I thought coding did take a really good math brain. I couldn't keep up with it and ended up memeing in IT. I can barely write scripts. You programmers are fucking geniuses imo

>2-4 shitposters to run a Twitter account
Fixed for you

Coal mining is dying even faster than news media, though.

>post yfw gamestop will die in your lifetime

of course it is, but they're both dying. and the one that's doing better is acting like it's somehow worse that some of them are losing their jobs than the coal miners. "learn to code" is just a way of telling them their own words. if coal miners losing their job isn't cause for concern because they can just change their fields then it's not some sort of crime against humanity that we all need to stop and show concern for a few video game reviewers getting laid off from their dying publications.

>unionize your workplace
Who's going to hire a unionized blogger? They're not a draw. They're not bringing anything to the table that can't be filled by any English Speaker with low standards for life.

What a farce.
Game Informer wasn't particularly woke, though (at least not here), it was just a boring, cheapo rag being funded by Gamestop and was probably a loss-leader to incentivize memberships, I doubt it's got much to do with anything beyond that.

All the wagie slaves you won't be so brave better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the wagie slaves gonna see some graves
You better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

I wouldn't be in such position as I have contingency plans. I'm not a fucking retard.

>just a boring, cheapo rag being funded by Gamestop and was probably a loss-leader to incentivize memberships, I doubt it's got much to do with anything beyond that.
ding ding ding, correct
though they did have decent coverage sometimes.

Math is required but a lot of it can be done through logical thinking and while innefficient you can do complex mathematic formulas in the most direct way possible(adding/subtracting or multiplying/dividing one step at a time). You just need to be able to think logically.
The only math you need to be genuinely good at for games is coordinate geometry, the rest can be cheesed to varying degrees and then improved as you get better at thinking. CG is one of my best math subjects. Can't do Trig or more complex formulas to save my life but I've been able to do plenty just by thinking about how things really work in the world of the game.

Most people can't think logically like that though. Like 90% of people would never be able to learn to program professionally.

Video game magazines are an obsolete relic and serve no purpose due to the internet being widespread. The fact they survived this long is a miracle.

It's seriously not that complex it's shit like
>I want to go up and then down
>that means I use the y axis
>To go up I make a negative value
>To go down I need to make the y value 0 again
>I need it to go down over time so I'll make it drop by a relative value instead of solid instantaneous value
That's how you jump.
It's literally being aware of up, down, left and right. If you can do that, you can program to some degree.

Why is it that programming so in demand? It's one of the only professions that will actually relocate new grads or people for internships. Not even IT does that. The only other things I can think of are certain engineering and nursing disciplines. Programming just seems hugely valued and most people seem to drop off like flies after trying to get into it. I think it requires a very specific kind of person to be able to do that work.

>t.colion Campbell

Imagine working for other people.

>Why is it that programming so in demand?
it's a skill that will be good for the coming "gig" economy. many small and medium sized companies who won't be able to afford automated basic programming systems will need temporary low level developers for small scale projects. it's sort of like a trade.

Good. Fuck journalists

They seem to take it the worst way too, always begging for a job online.
It happened when TellTale Games folded, bunch of whining on their account, then asking if anyone is hiring.

I mean it's tedious as fuck and there's a good amount of trial and error involved. Most people can't stand seeing nothing progress for days on end before finally hitting the answer and everything just bursts forwards out of nowhere and progress is mad in droves. You need to patient as fuck or incredibly autistic to want to do it because things will break often when you get deeper into it.
Programming is like the antithesis to loot boxes or gacha or other skinner box things.

Can you get me a job please, I'm in a shit rut of my life.

Attached: 64b.gif (500x639, 1.83M)

imagine getting laid off and the first thing you do is go on twitter and attention whore for sympathy from strangers instead of manning the fuck up looking for a job.

When the FUCK are politicians going to step in and stop this gig economy bullshit. It's so hard to find consistent work for a living wage it's beyond frustrating.

t. security developer

I like game informer, I don't know what they did to make idiots on here hate them but I'm sure it's not important.

Unbiased reviews. GI has actively trashed GameStop and major game franchises.

LEARN

>now they see how stupid and snide that 'advice' is
They don't

they never loved it, they are parasites.

go steam go broke

Attached: 1564840169970.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

Might as well ask.

>tfw you unironically learned how to code and got the best job you ever had as a security analyst, spending 2 hours a day reviewing code and the rest bullshitting with your coworkers (and getting paid fat stacks of cash the whole time)

Attached: 1547864253632.png (600x600, 166K)

They were paid to review games. If they're getting compensated, it matters to someone.

>Game journalism not only becomes just glorified marketing firms for all AAA studios giving them guaranteed 7s or higher, but also start pissing off their reader base by constantly moaning about how much they hate gamers
>Surprised when layoffs start to happen when readership plummets
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

Question. How much do you need to learn programming to do security work? And any specific certs to get? What was your path?

I'm a Systems Intern right now looking for a security internship and want to do blue team stuff. I'd love to code audit or do risk analysis type work!

Attached: 834.png (680x760, 191K)

Silence the masses, he says

how will they stop it? most not-massive companies can't afford to keep people on their payroll. it'd be like a company hiring on a full time permanent HVAC technician when their AC quit working.

But I do feel you man, I hope you find something permanent. Constantly looking for work is fucking stressful, and I think all the stress our future workforce is going to be under in this type of economy is going to have tons of negative effects on it.

Attached: saad maan.jpg (599x400, 27K)

you're conflating people saying that with articles written about actual coding camps or whatever you want to call them, it was never snide and i have no idea why a dude who works for game informer would be writing those articles anyway
not that me telling you this shit matters since that's been lodged in the boomer internet for years now and it's never getting out but still

I'd be too afraid of getting shot to become a cop. It's scary how nogs just target cops out of the blue

I see no problem. Fuck, i'd be like: "blahblahblah got laid off, a shame but that's how it goes. Guess i'm looking for a new career now, here's a link to my portfolio and linkdin drop me a line if you're interested"

Unfortunately, this is how people get hired. It's not about a process where the best candidate is selected. It's pure networking

gamestop is woke now, actually
no i will not explain further

What had he done?

TO

Step one: Learn how data flows from your PC to the Interwebz
Step two: Learn how to navigate NSM packages

99% of cyber security is network infrastructure. Coding is only useful to the 1% who aren't retarded and can juggle programming and networking simultaneously for stupid large salaries.

COAT

Literally anything would be better than his "review"
>Rockband isn't typically my kind of game, but I cannot deny it's popularity. New features in the latest installment include x, and some big name songs in this one are y.
>this is when the game is coming out
That's the bare minimum effort required to pretend you give a shit about this review. But instead he just ranted about how he doesn't actually like video games at all and instead talked about how he's paid to go to these parties and events to get better insight into reviewing these games, and instead spends that time in the corner of the room discussing another countries politics like it makes him smart

A bunch of basement dwelling virgin NEETs laughing at people losing their jobs. Misery loves company I guess.

You can get paid pretty decent in security without having to program right? I'm learning Python just to have some extra scripting knowledge but I don't wanna be a full blown programmer. I was thinking more toward the blue team side, like compliance or something. Not sure if that would be boring though but it does seem more chill.

oh wow. i'm a long time GI fan since early days of Replay show

imran was a recent hire and an SJW
suriel was a recent hire, and while to my knowledge not an SJW, he could be
kyle is a long time hire, he's a really awkward dude

maybe now replay can get back to glory days since they still kept jeff cork and joe juba

he works for capcom as a community manager type

Neck yourself Gameinformer employee #1627

If you apply for a security position that needs scripting knowledge you're going to be tested and (if hired) put to work writing scripts. This shouldn't need to be explained, yet here we are. Business management is more compliance/auditing focused.

I'm not a shitty unprofessional person trying to shoehorn my religion into my work.

I get it for being some l33t pro member or some shit that I got for free. I never read it, but I had them send a physical copy so it actually costs them money.

wow bertz got fired as well, he's old school GI. also javy and elise. it's back to the core crew now, this is actually getting me interested to listen to GI again

the used to make real comfy playthroughs of games around 2010 to 2014. I think they still do, but all the good ones where made earlier on
Overblood 2 and illbleed are unironically very entertaining playthroughs. Most of the cast had already left GI before this though.

Attached: 1514625823244.gif (300x167, 1.71M)

will gamestop make it to launch of next gen consoles? i have a gift card i got a few years ago and never used it. prob gonna get modern warfare with it as my final gamestop purchase

>talking about donuts
>I'M GETTING ATTACKED AAAAAA
He just said that he knows she likes the original glazed donuts at Krispy Kreme. What was so extremely rude and offensive about that? I'd say she's the one with the problem if her mind goes directly to perversion when talking about donuts.

Attached: 643799529FBCA71DF6AB5B7D49CE2F61888BA4F1[1].jpg (243x207, 7K)

nooo marchiafava fired rip

Is there any specific job titles I should be preparing for? I would like to focus on hardening systems, doing vulnerability scans, IDS/IPS stuff, etc...Information Security Analyst maybe? Would you recommend getting CISSP or should I just get Security+ for entry level?

Thanks btw bro.

Gamestop is restructuring (downsizing) as part of an initiative to save the company, the final phase was today and involved laying off a lot of game informer staff

Man the YouTube losers aren't journalists at all, they're shills down to the fucking bone. I could give a shit about Game Informer but my vote against them is not a vote for YT faggots.

>Tfw in a dead end job
>No special skills or degrees
How do I turn this around bros? Any decent looking job wants either years of experience or degrees, or both.

Attached: 1499369718398.jpg (1024x1024, 70K)

ya the golden age of replay is long over, anyone who hasn't seen it should go watch the old super replays from 2011-2015ish, overblood 1+2, cyberia 1+2, ill bleed, blue stinger, tail of the sun, martian gothic. before tim turi and dan ryckert left the show was soooo fucking good

>should I get an entry level security cert for entry level security work?

Attached: 1423988572331.png (255x219, 52K)

>mfw decided to finish my uni just to get my degree even though the area sucked so I could at least have the diploma
>joined in second uni so I could work in a nice area
>too old for part time job and every single job offer requires years of experience

Attached: jjjoj.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

>too old for part time job
says who? I see old fucks working part time jobs all the time. Part time shit jobs aren't "jobs for kids" anymore you boomer fooled sap, they're "fuck I need money to survive better work 3-4 jobs I can get" jobs

i mean all i can say is i personally stopped purchasing the mag after it became apparent they had hired a bunch of sjw's like david milner, because i don't fund sjw projects.

i dont know much about modern game informer but you can rest assured any modern game journos are all sjw cancer. the sooner they all go extinct the better. youtubers are cleaning them out and people can choose their reviewers with youtube instead of sjws hijacking companies.

I've seen on Reddit that security+ is a meme but CISSP is only for advanced management shit. So I don't know what the actual entry level cert is for blue team security junk. I only see shit about pen testing like CEH and OSCP

it's a legitimate question considering most education and training is a scam

No. I'm about to get cut again and, since I've been jetting around as a consultant, I haven't gotten picked up anywhere else yet.
>oh, you've been a consultant for the past how long? wow, that's a nice gig
And then nothing. No one wants to hire a guy like me to sit in an office and I don't have the required years in the field to get another cushy job like this one.

glad jeff cork is still there, he's my favourite

Shill cult-of-personality shit-tubers aren't any better. Solicit no opinions but your own.

Let me reiterate that:
>should I get a cert that the DoD requires for contract work which comprises 90% of the current cyber security market?
Gosh oh golly, that's one heck of a question user. I'll get back to you on that, this is going to take some digging around.

Attached: 1551163049005.jpg (293x339, 17K)

i know for a fact Dan Tack isn't an sjw, there are non sjw's there they just can't speak up since minnesota is a pretty cucked state, andy reiner is a hardcore nevertrumper unfortunately also

Okay I'll be waiting :)

Attached: 19073879_1918625745018270_1731647437_n.gif (226x224, 176K)

Not him, but people discriminate based on age all the time for jobs, especially shitty part time ones.
At my shitty part time retail job every time we've had an older person come in asking about a job and leaving an application, the boss never even considers hiring them

I don't factor politics in when I enjoy something

>solicit no opinions but your own on hundreds of games at $60 a pop each
shut up you "enlightened" retard

Jesus, you’re dumb

Of all the shit games journalism sources game informer is probably one of the less shitty
I wish this was kotaku

>Unionize

You can't unionize if you're as replacable as a fucking video game blogger. There's a massive pool of people that can do your job. You have no leverage.

that's cause old fucks are trouble
>always have kids and families and shit
>usually have health problems so they can't stand and lift for 12 hours a day
>expect to get paid an actual wage
>narc on me to the gubment over stupid safety violations

give me a highschooler I can work for less than min wage and call it an internship for "experience" any day. Then I pretend I might hire them full time but I never do

i'll never forgive those fucking mexicans for saving Kotaku and Splinter etc after Hogan went Hulkamania all over them brother

>You can't unionize if you're as replacable as a fucking factory worker. There's a massive pool of people that can do your job. You have no leverage.

Attached: 1462036637326.png (500x371, 214K)

I would ask my parents or friends to get me another. If are grown up and you haven't acquired connections then you already failed in life.

Good riddance you SJW faggots, don't let the door trigger you on the way out LOL

Attached: bgdsdoiwe.png (586x647, 48K)

How do you just "get" a job for a friend? Do you really think well paying gigs are given to random nobodies?
>hey Bill, we need a new full stack developer on the Zulu project, got any leads?
>yeah, my friend :-)

That's how bethesda got their lead animator.

Based James Conmy, you are not a faggot today

And look how shitty their games are. Great example retard.

These people are traitors and trash. They deserve death, nothing less.

Of course they're trouble. I was just letting that guy know that old people are definitely discriminated against when it comes to employment.
That and if the entire staff is fairly young they'll most likely not want an older person working with them since they just want someone they can talk freely in front of without worrying about them reporting it to the boss

Its happens all the time:
>hey user we are low on staff, do you know anyone?
Or If you climb enough the corporate ladder you can step in and suggest the empty job for a friend before the company starts looking publicly outside for workforce.

My boss has asked me several times if I know anyone reliable who needs a job.
If you're a competent worker and say that your friend is one too, they're at least getting an interview

shut it down!!

get fucked. kek

Attached: video game journalists.png (1021x267, 200K)

I was fired too because some one went to HR and told them some bullshit.
they went to HR and told them that they heard me saying I was going to bring a gun and shoot up the place.
and they believed her over me, despite my 5 year tenure and multiple awards.
i obviously fought it and they resorted to just giving me a misconduct write up, making me illegible to transfer and making the promotion I was about to receive null.
what shouldn't have come to a surprise was how much HR just didnt give two shits about what I said in my defense, I was for all intents and purpose, the Evil White Man.

I'd learn to code better.

Underrated post

>valued skills
If they had those, they wouldn't be in games journalism

unless you want to create new tech then any idiot could learn to code since anything you'll ever need someone else has already made it. So all you need is basic logic and know how to copy and paste. That's how you code in 2019. Yes, you don't do shit but look for what you need then you just copy and paste it.

Attached: 1540665499236.jpg (256x245, 9K)

>"most people are racist anyways"
Having that assumption is one flaw. People are naturally prejudice, but barely anyone is proudly actively racist except sociopaths.

record everything, lawyer up.

most states let employers "fire at will" but you never know if there's a discrimination or slander case that can be proven.

lmao get fucked, I hope every game journo is forced to work at McDonald's

OWNED LMAO

Attached: 1520296275818.jpg (179x282, 8K)

>stopped watching anime after playing Doki Doki Literature Club
>start learning how to code because of Monika
>now earning 144k USD/year
>meanwhile, Sayori fans are still crying on r/depression and r/SuicideWatch
There's literally guides on how to get into a top-tier company on Google
It's their own fault they're starving in the Garden of Eden

>There's literally guides on how to get into a top-tier company on Google
link?

> Massive amounts of debt that get paid off in two years because of 6-figures and stock
> Fair enough
> Get hired after 2 paid summer internships, and only code 9-5
> Get on the boat before the niggers and women keep you off

Seethe more journoshit

> All of this typed on 3k gaming rig hooked up to 2.5k TV

Attached: Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg (500x333, 24K)

>Hey you’re kinda cute
How is this a bad thing to say to someone?
why even HR would care that someone were called "kinda cute" by anyone?

Yeah. But it's only the lesser reason why I stopped subscribing to them, but that was 8 years ago. Who knows how far they progressed since then.

Now, have sex.

It used to be funny

Not because they ran their business like shit but because their service became obsolete. They would need radical change of the entire structure to survive. Basically become gaming antiquarian shops or something.

Its a bit misleading phrase. Often virtue signaling companies going woke to a point of retardation has failure following them. That doesnt mean the wokeness itself ruined it, it means its often a symptom of bigger problems in the company.

Game journalism was nothing but advertising since the days the reviews were printed in magazines. I mean some journalist dude who worked in the industry back then called it out as shilling even back then, and why "fair and honest" review sites like Metacritic came to be (and then sold out for $$$)
But, those guys writing shill pieces for Nintendo Power! or XBOX magazine at least weren't such dimwits that they actively sought to antagonize and piss on the people who paid their wages.
The weblogger marketing generation seem to intentionally go out on the offense and attack the people they're trying to sell stuff to. It's baffling, is it some kind of sex fetish thing? "FUCK YOU, PROSPECTIVE BUYER! BUY MY SHIT! BUY IT, YEEEEEEAH! TAKE MY ABUSE LIKE A GOOD LITTLE PAYPIGGY, WHORE!"

Attached: 1563122733938.jpg (653x477, 102K)

whats this guy's name again?

Dunno, does such a thing even exist?

Does this mean I will no longer get them with my pro membership?

THE REAL QUESTION IS:
When it will happen to K*taku?

Attached: Watching the world burn.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

>job you loved

No such thing I'm afraid.

>The Game Journalists Union

Just imagine, also how entitled & dumb do you have to be thinking it'd actually be beneficial to unionise when working in the private sector, especially when you're blogging for a living.