DS characters are making the game looks SOULLESS compared to Kojima's previous games

I can't be the only one who doesn't like the fact that Kojima is using real people faces to make all the Death Stranding characters right Yea Forums?
I mean, one of the best things about the Metal Gear series were the cool and unique character designs made by Shinkawa.
When you plays Metal Gear Solid 3, you can always recognize Snake, Ocelot or The Boss, but when see Death Stranding trailers, you are not able to recognize Sam Bridges or Deadman as original and unique characters, because they are just Norman Reedus and Guillermo Del Toro scanned faces.

Attached: Cast posters.jpg (739x415, 58K)

Too bad he already gave away the ending by copying the book he stole everything from so hard.

Capcom is also using this type of tecnology with the RE Engine, but they are doing it right because despite the fact that there actors playing characters on games like DMC5, they still have unique designs just they had on the PS2 days.

Attached: Dante.jpg (714x430, 21K)

> unique character designs made by Shinkawa
They aren't designed by Shinkawa. He literally goes off real life models even back then. For exmaple Snake is based off Kurt Russell.

DMC5 was worse than DS character wise.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 03.03.32.82.jpg (1920x1200, 463K)

What’s the book?

Yeah I know, but Snake still looks like a unique character even when compared to its original inspiration, Sam Bridges on the other hand is literally just Norman Redus.

Yes you are the only one

it's like when george lucas got access to unlimited cgi

My point was that has nothing to do with Shinkawa and everything to do with the limitations of the technology at the time. Shinkawa has done character art for Death Stranding that looks exactly like his old MGS stuff. If the game was being made on old PS2 hardware then you'd look like the stuff you're talking about.

Fuck off. I hope this kino game sells well to warrant a second entry. Would love to see everyone in this shithole buttblasted.

They all look super weird because they each lack distinct wrinkles. Even MGS4 Snake looks more appealing.

Attached: Sneigs.jpg (748x753, 64K)

why do anons on this board always run their mouths with woefully uninformed comments?

Attached: Death-Stranding-WTF-3.jpg (640x360, 33K)

That guy's not momma, Norman Reedus, or the euro girl with the weird nose.

Look up pictures of Margaret Qualley, Norman Reedus and lea seydoux. The wrinkles they have in real life are just as distinct or "lacking distinction" as in the game.

MGSV used photoscanned faces as well. But they mixed together a bunch of different faces for certain characters like Big Boss and Miller to get them closer to their old faces.

Huey and obviously Quiet were both based on real people.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

>If the game was being made on old PS2 hardware then you'd look like the stuff you're talking about.
It's not the same thing, even if MG characters were based on real people back then, KojiPro still made them different enough to be unique and easily recognizable.
Just look at this , when you see this picture you don't see Kurt Russel, you see Snake.
The same can't be said of all the characters of Death Stranding so far, because they are just some actors or directors that are Kojima friends, they are not unique in any way.

>Real actors are soulless
>When people immediately associate Snake with David Hayter
Also Yoji Shinkawa still designs everything about the characters apart from their facial features.

MGS2 and MGS3 are literally as close to looking like Kurt Russel without getting slapped with a lawsuit from him. And again the console limitations contributed to that as well. By MGS4 they'd already had an established Snake look due to the reasons I stated above so went with that. Same with MGSV, Kojima literally stated this almost verbatim.
But regardless. I'm not arguing that Death Stranding characters aren't more photorealistic. They are. Of course they are. I'm saying that has nothing to do with Shinkawa.

user get over it. This is the style kojima chose. It is cool if you dont like it but youre coming off as someone trying convert people to a religion. Move on with your life

>hurrr durrr only I'm allowed to have an opinion on things and state it. If you do the same your obsessed and have no life. move on and never question my retarded opinions
you're a proper faggot. bet you've got a cock in your asshole and another one in your mouth right now.

Time Wanderers

Isn't that by the guys who wrote Roadside Picnic?