Death Stranding """gameplay"""

Behold, your Game of the Yearâ„¢ featuring absolutely thrilling and unique gameplay.

Attached: Death Stranding Gameplay Demo With Hideo Kojima (Geoff Keighly + Peeing) - Gamescom 2019.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RH9TLBGcnhE
youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8
youtube.com/watch?v=QPWXf0wJIaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wasn't a gameplay demo you spastic it. It was a character spotlight for Geoff. The video uploaded on KojimaPro and Playstation YT states this. Kojima also said it wasn't, he said he's saving that for TGS.

If that isn't gameplay then what is it?

so the webm is a cutscene?!

honestly seems kinda neat. like a game with heavy moment where you can really feel the different elevations you walk on and the weight of your character. i mean why does every game need "intense" gameplay? it seems like something really cool and new. i am very curious to play it.

pure ludo

>NOOO WHY ISNT IT GENERIC NINTENDO OR WESTERN AAA SHIT

Read the post again you spastic.
>It was a character spotlight for Geoff
It was a shot goofy snippet to show off Geoff
>hurrr durr you eat stew in RDR2 so if I show a clip of me doing that it means that all the entire gameplay the game has ever.
maggot

This.

Advanced Walking Simulator actually sounds like a novel concept.

its literally botw with ladders

>It was a shot goofy snippet to show off Geoff
So when I play that game I won't see that shit myself?

No you wont

>it seems like something really cool and new.

Attached: 1538311766163.jpg (456x384, 24K)

>it's only a part of gameplay so it isn't really gameplay

He's not wrong.

Not everything has to be rooty shooty speedy spooty cawadooty

Woah it's like i can feel my character walking
Woah why not actually go outside and walk lardass

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GAME EVEN FOR
WHO THE FUCK IS THEIR TARGET AUDIENCE, AMAZON/USPS EMPLOYEES?
WHY DID THEY EVEN MAKE THIS GAME, THESE ANIMATIONS, THESE ASSETS, FOR THE MOST VOID AND EMPTY FUCKING BLACK HOLE OF A VIDEO GAME EVER CONCIEVED
HOLY SHIT

Why do americans play FPS games when they can just go outside and get shot?

There's walking in almost every single game in the world, you know how it is.

>no real explanation on mechanics or general gameplay
>only basic shit like walking, punching, and shooting has been seen but not showcased
>trailers only focus on the celebrities and the story
>Death Stranding threads only ever talk about the story and celebrities
>game is supposedly coming out in a few months

why the fuck isn't all of this considered a redflag? why is less video game now a good thing? if the gameplay really does exist, then why are they holding it for last minute? i don't care about the movie actors or story i want to see a fucking video game.

Attached: aabe6275de10fb2032e271fd.jpg (250x230, 7K)

Never said that you retard. Read the post again.
>Wasn't a gameplay demo you spastic it
The video principle aim was not to show off gameplay. That was secondary to the actually point which was to show off Geoff, hence why they didn't show off anything substantial. Engage your brain fucktard.

NOOOO WHY ISN'T IT GENERIC TPS SHIT NOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

those are some petty good walking physics. Many games you would have had to jump spam up that incline at the end. If your going to make and advertise a walking simulator the fucking walking has to work.

kojima is just trolling. real gameplay will be shown at TGS.

Attached: 1563813841557.png (647x740, 167K)

>le scanning the environment
>markers
>mushroom glowing
Aaand dropped

>Walking around boring open empty world
>Not generic as fuck

Attached: Hideo Kojima makes a Pokemon game.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Kojima dick riders have no shame. Or brains apparently.

read your own post again

Kojima fans are borderline cultists. These same retards think he invented stealth games.

I wish it was even that, now it's nothing. Go farming simulator, don't do anything but walk around, there you go.

AAHAHAHAHAaaa I'm JIZZING in mah pants I can't wait!!!

Attached: 1553723958112.png (573x346, 355K)

The biggest redflag should be all the Silent Hills assets in this game including Normus Cleetus and Guillermo del Taco. My bet is that this game is a write off, that they had all these assets and could no longer use the Silent Hill name probably because Kojima being Kojima was blowing too much money on celebrity voice actors and so they decided to just stitch them together into a game to not go bankrupt. Kojima is an idiot.

There's also shooting in almost every game in the world, so I don't see your point.

that bacjpack tho

Attached: 1527261297711.jpg (171x176, 6K)

>NEW GAME BAD
>OLD GAME GOOD
>MODERN GAMING SUCKS
>TAKE ME BAAAAAACK TO GOOD OLD DAYS
>BUT I ALSO WANT MODERN CONVENTIONS OF SHOWING OFF THE ENTIRE GAME BEFORE IT RELEASES
retard.

>kojima himself says he saves the gameplay for TGS
>"LOOK HERE IS THE GAMEPLAY XD"

I fucking hate you people so much, I hope everyone in your family, including your mothers, dies from testicular cancer.

Point is that you want to see something different and new, not a pew pew shooting game, but you think walking around is new even though it's the most basic thing in any game. If you don't want the same old shit over and over again, then you shouldn't be excited about a fucking walking game.

Looks amazing. Cant wait. Thanks OP.

>mountain hiking doesnt look fun for Yea Forums
Not surprised. You are all basement dwellers.

what is the purpose of saving the gameplay and showing this garbage """gameplay""" instead?

It's a new spin on walking.

You take a very old, basic mechanic which nobody has done anything interesting with and you put it in the centre of your game. You do something new with it.

>event hosted by geoff keighley
>"why would you show a trailer of geoff keighley?"

Are you mentally disabled? Probably to show people that the game is not 100% seriousness. Kinda like they showed how you can have a fucking box with an anime girl on it in MGSV. It's quirky japanese humor. Have I explained enough for you or were some of the words too hard? You seem to have a learning disability so I'll make double sure.

knowing Kojima the development has probably been extremely fluid and I suspect there have been major changes over the course of the last few years. I personally suspect that major gameplay changes have occurred as the game was fleshed out, and that exactly what this was to development was not clear until late in production.

*was to develop into

damn nigga you angry, I'm just saying the gameplay they showed looked awful. Sure, they may show something that looks far better at TGS, but this was abysmal and they honestly should not have bothered showing gameplay at all if this is all they're going to show off. It was embarrassing.

this. people ride kojima's dick no matter what he does. I was interested, now I am wary

Daily reminder that the only people frothing at the mouth over the "muh walking simulator" shit are literal retards who have no clue on the subject and cant assess basic game design elements on their own since they started gaming in 2015. Watch as not a single one of them refutes this post (which is why you should copypaste this in every Death Stranding thread on loop)

>the game is a survival game, the world and its challenges (not scripted) are the obstacle, you aren't walking "to the content", the content is the traversal
>the game has multiple types of survival mechanics that play into the traversal
>the game has stealth and a combat system that plays into the obstacles you face
>the game has elements of permadeath and roguelites, the slow movement and harsh traversal is a nonscripted challenge with a permanent failstate in the form of the voidout craters and being forced into Hades
>the game has online mechanics and all of what was listed is only what is currently known about the game

what you said may be true but that does not make for an engaging gameplay experience, it looks boring and shallow.

Not every game needs gameplay.

>damn nigga you angry
That comes with being stuck here for 10+ years and having to read garbage like yours constantly.
>I'm just saying the gameplay they showed looked awful
No, that's just this echo chamber. People took it as a leighthearted scene. That's all it was. It wasn't supposed to be an impressive showcase of something like you wanted it to be.

Nah, Kojima said in 2017 that the gameplay mechanics were set. Shaw Layden saw a build before E3 2017 and Cerny saw a build in late 2017.

>walking around big empty fields? Walking simulator!
>omg nintendo yes shit on my mouth please!

Attached: Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Review-Shot-(32).jpg (1920x1090, 498K)

Attached: 1531873480730.png (1431x863, 1.33M)

actually that was just my opinion, as imo it looked awful.

Is there any gameplay footage to back this up? Even if this is true, I need to see how it's implemented. I'm not going to buy a game on face value desu. Especially after the mess MGSV was.

Name one single game, no in fact, one single product that any business has been discrete about this close to release that didn't turn out to be a scam or massively disappointing.

obsessed and seething

At least BOTW had shrines.

Articulate your opinion better instead of throwing out pointless words without expanding or justifying them.

>skipped ahead cuz was bored of watching walking simulator
ITS STILL A WALKING SIMULATOR

but its not discrete, look at the fucking trailers and try to piece together the core gameloop. The only thing the game is discreet about is its world, lore and how the story itself progresses. Its pretty fucking obvious how the game plays

>enter gigantic landscape with your destination very far away
>try to get to that location while managing the survival mechanics, not getting your cargo stolen/ broken, not dying let alone causing a voidout because of BT's, and if you do you end up in Hades which is a much more active warzone of stealth and combat

alright, I don't like that use of motion controls to "calm" the baby (kojima's words) is a thing, that in itself already sounds like it'll be a tedious chore where you have to sway your controller side-to-side whenever you slip off a rock. Also, in general, I don't think traversing some rocky terrain is engaging enough to carry the gameplay, even in the gameplay teaser they showed at gamescom they skipped ahead significantly as they knew how boring it is just walking around. On top of this, the movement animations don't look good, it's rigid and very stiff.

Show gameplay and we will all shut up.

It's a game, show me game play. After Kingdom Hearts 3 I am never buying a game with cut scenes longer than 60 seconds again.

shrines all blended together and the only interesting ones were the darkness and island ones

and enemy outposts
and dungeons
and mazes
and towns and cities
and tamable horses
and different biomes
and secret areas
and overworld obstacles
and overworld bosses
and an overworld completely dependent on the physics engine which can be exploited

this looks like a good game to get for $15 sometime next year

looks amzing you retard, the map looks insane

Are you fucking braindead? Go watch the trailers, im not here to spoonfeed autists. Every single thing in the post has been shown in terms of what the gameplay for those looks, just not in a braindead linear sequence because the game isnt pandering to brainless redditors with its marketing

Post them.

>s-spo-spoonfeed me

nope, get your own brain retard. Literally every clip on youtube that isnt exclusively a cinematic trailer demonstrates aspects of the game and all of those aspects that were listed have appeared in at least some capacity in gameplay clips within trailers

>do you see that?
>you can put a ladder & climb it

It's cool.

I've watched the trailers and they are devoid of game play, calling me braindead is an admittance of defeat. You have nothing to back up your claims. I don't care about Normus Cleetus and his foetus, I want to know what I can do in this game that will make it worth buying. If I want to watch a bad Guillermo del Toro movie I'll watch his massive catalogue of already existing shitty movies.

>I've watched the trailers and they are devoid of game play,
thanks for confirming youre a literally retarded liar, last reply youre getting

>I have to do the motions to sooth the discomfort

I do this also & I am a guy.

Attached: 7ce.jpg (960x960, 224K)

Burden of proof. Don't make claims you can't support.

>witcher senses shit
into the trash

Attached: cat.jpg (504x468, 52K)

Good then I can have the last say, the trailers are devoid of game play and the game play we have seen so far that isn't cut scenes starring celebrities looks boring. The only game play element we have seen so far that is remotely new and original is baby shaking and that is not a compliment.

If it is so self evident any video will be good enough. Otherwise you're full of shit and seething because no one buys your bullshit.

These people can't understand the concept of irony, stop trying to argue with them. Let the brainlets think that this was legitimately trying to show off SICK AWESOME WALKING GAMEPLAY. It just makes Kojimas dab on them even harder.

Attached: 1566243018300.png (1280x892, 398K)

Death Stranding? More like dead in the water.

Are you fucking retarded? I literally said every single trailer that has released for the game that isnt exclusively a CQI cutscene is the proof, youre a fucking retarded clown if youre """arguing""" about the subject if you

A: havent already seen them to look at the gameplay clips that were just described
B: are too retarded to watch the 3 or 4 few minute long videos with said clips in them

Aka either youre suddenly pretending to be retarded or youre a retarded liar who doesnt know anything about the subject, pick whichever happened here

It is self evident, read the post and go through the trailers or admit to your clueless retardation

>Losing millions of dollars salvaging a game you were kicked off of is dabbing on your clientele

Attached: 1561924878385.png (662x478, 22K)

calming that baby is such a inconsequential part of the game I have no idea why you'd bring it up. It'd be like saying you're dropping RDR2 because it has a mechanic where you need to calm and break in horses. It's such a tiny element of with countless other gameplay mechanics.
>Also, in general, I don't think traversing some rocky terrain is engaging enough to carry the gameplay
The game has:
Melee
gun combat
stealth
vehicles
survival elements
inventory management
swimming
uptop of the traversal mechanics you mentioned which are actually:
repelling
ladders
balancing
climbing
If YOU don't like any of that then fine. That's your opinion man, go for it. But to say it's "shallow" isn't accurate at all.
>the movement animations don't look good, it's rigid and very stiff.
Don't know about that, movement animations and the weight in this game looks fantastic to me.

Imagine I'm arguing in good faith and all I'm asking you is one video and if it has gameplay I will with no problem admit I was wrong.

he is going to dab in all the retards that spent full price for this bare bones game.

Any proof of this?

>and all I'm asking you is one video
and I gave you multiple, youre retarded if the guidance of "all the trailers for the game that arent just a full cutscene" wasnt enough direction, aka youre a retarded troll or just retarded

Woah dude are you saying in this very game I get to articulate my limbs in almost as many ways as Zelda from the Legend of Zelda????

Attached: aah.png (738x684, 61K)

>and I gave you multiple
No you didn't, and no amount of name calling is going to make them materialize.

This is going to be just like P.T. , retards will worship it and make exceptions just to suck Kojimas dick
>"Jumpscares are lazy bullshit!"
>"OMG DID YOU SEE THE GENERIC JAPANESE GHOST GIRL JUMP OUT OF NOWHERE WITH A LOUD NOISE EPIC KOJIMA DOES IT AGAIN!"

Attached: Alien Farm.webm (480x600, 1.79M)

>calming that baby is such a inconsequential part of the game
are you sure? that baby is with you all the time judging by how kojima worded it and what's been shown off, it's an integral part of the whole game and is featured in numerous cutscenes already.
Also, as asked - do you have any proof the game has all the things listed? Especially swimming, which I am certain has not been seen or mentioned anywhere.

Including the E3 2018 trailer and everything after it has the stuff I mentioned here. Also forget to mention boss fights, they showed that off and teased 2 other ones.

Could have just admitted right out of the gate that youre some kiddo phoneposter, its no big deal for anyone on a computer to type death stranding trailer in the youtube search bar

>crowd loses their shit over a prompt for Norman Reedus to take a piss
>losing millions of dollars
Despite what you might thing, the real world doesn't function the same way your containment board does.

Attached: 1555625029785.jpg (500x375, 43K)

If that's your source then back to square one we go, I'm right and Death Stranding is a bad movie made from Silent Hills assets because Kojima was fired.

show me the swimming nigger

It looks comfy desu, also those BT things seem pretty spooky so it’ll be interesting to see how they are handled

Its ironic how everything you say reveals more about your clueless brainlet nature. If there are any fucking "assets" for silent hills they would be konami's property fucking braindead kiddo

……………………„„-~^^~„-„„_
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
…/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
'| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

Okay well then where's the fucking game play Kojima?

Attached: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.png (589x480, 28K)

Knowing this is a survival horror game, seeing the baby mechanic instantly made me realize there's going to be some tense moments where you're going to have to calm the fuck out of the baby before some BT's show up to take you to hell.

Attached: 1556581806981.jpg (2852x2852, 1.67M)

I suppose I'm just guessing in regards to the baby. I honestly can't see a situation where it's that pronounced because like you said it'd just become a piss take. Think it's just a "funny" little additional thing to add a layers of connection with the BB.
>do you have any proof the game has all the things listed? Especially swimming
Like i said, look at everything shown off including and after E3 2018.
E3 2018 trailer showed Sam swimming against a strong current and struggling before having his inflatable around his neck deploy as he and his packages are swept away.

looks comfy af
can't wait to play it on PC

Is there a full gameplay video up yet? I wanna watch

youtube.com/watch?v=RH9TLBGcnhE
at 2:46 you mouthbreather. Why are you critiquing a game you've barely paid attention to?

>E3 2018 trailer showed Sam swimming
that was a cutscene you muppet

He should have picked up the mushroom, it would be the only interesting thing in the next 3 minutes.

I tried to warn you they were brainlets

Attached: 1557560560858.gif (300x169, 2.66M)

>this level of cope
Kojimbo got u gud.

Attached: kojima.jpg (800x563, 47K)

Attached: 1556985849472.gif (320x244, 1.9M)

Why does neo-Yea Forums unironically think ANYONE outside of Yea Forums agrees with Yea Forums?
Remember that Yea Forums has spent 4 years whining about MGSV not being a movie, and in fact, that is the reason they shit on DS, and yet MGSV was the most sold MGS game of them all?

Everytime Yea Forums pretends their worthless opinions are relevant is just pathetic.
What the hell happens to millennials that they think their opinion is supreme?
You are a nobody.

Honestly on this board it's hard to tell when someone is a genuine braindead spastic, just willfully refuses to acknowledge to being wrong so acts like a braindead spastic or is being sarcastic. Which are you being here?

>Why are you critiquing a game you've barely paid attention to?
Welcome to Yea Forums newfriend

Woah holy shit dude are you telling me in this game I can walk AND watch cutscenes? Woah, just woah.

>baby starts crying when BTs are near

Looks like it’ll have some pretty tense moments desu

This is going to be one of the biggest jokes in gaming history, guaranteed.

Attached: 01c.png (600x400, 261K)

Daily reminder to just mass report all the shitposters, I can guarantee you that when you start reporting youll find at least one type of report that describes their post every single time. Redditors are too retarded to skip the bans either so it will actually contain and scare them to behave

it sounds like the baby is a major part of the game, it's featured prominently in promotional material and was in 50% of kojima's speech at gamescom, it's what has me most concerned about the gameplay as I don't want to have to literally babysit the entire time.

>You take a very old, basic mechanic which nobody has done anything interesting with and you put it in the center of your game. You do something new with it.
>You do something new with it.

And what would that be?

People are willfully obtuse over Death Stranding because they are still mad about MGSV.
That's it, this isn't about Death Stranding, the hate in Yea Forums towards DS is just the residual anger over MGSV not paying too much attention to the plot when Yea Forums was going on and on about it.
Which is ironic, considering they now keep saying that DS is a movie and asking for gameplay even though we all know they don't care about it.
Remember when they were calling DS vaporware until the release date was announced, even though the game had been in development not even 3 years?

People here are desperate to shit on it, and they are getting increasingly mad at it because the trailers are very vague, so they just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, like calling it a walking simulator, even though we've already seen vehicles, teases of boss fights, enemy bases and that other dimension that is constantly at war.
Hell, back in December 2015 I was already seeing people complaining they didn't show gameplay, even though back then they didn't even have a studio.

And seeing how these MGS redditors are so desperate for content that they unironically believed that "Demon Edition" bullshit, I bet they would all be drooling over DS if it was called MGS6.

or maybe
just hear me out here
maybe the game just looks like shit?

Attached: 1553445412682.jpg (253x322, 17K)

It reminds me so much of the hype leading up to No Man's Sky.
>Interesting, but what do you do in the game?
>"NO SHUTUP THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO SPOIL THAT STUFF"

This shit looks even worse than a generic open world ubisoft game. WHERES THE GAME KOJIMA

And since when have you MGS fags ever cared about your games looking like shit?
MGS1, 2 and 3 have some of the worst gameplay in the stealth genre and you ate that shit up.
You are not fooling anyone, you only care about movies.
You weren't discussing gameplay mechanics when MGSV was being shown, you were discussing
>DUDE LE KAZELOT, QUIET IS CHICO LMAO
You weren't discussing gameplay mechanics when MGR came out, you were discussing
>DUDE RULES OF NATURE LMAO

Hell, you shat on MGSV for having no story. If MGSV was exactly the same shit but about Big Boss killing countless of African kids, you would have loved it.
MGS fags pretending to care about gameplay is one of the most laughable things i've ever seen.

I didn't play MGSV, this game looks boring and I'm still waiting for somebody to show me some aspect of it that looks fun. I'm not interested in watching cut scenes no matter how engaging the story is or how famous the voice actors are. If the game play is boring but the story is good I can just watch the inevitable cut scene compilation on Youtube without having to slog through literal miles of wasteland for hours on end with a screaming baby. Call me entitled if you want Anita, but my money my vote.

>Jump on your shield, surf down the hill right off into that ravine, deploying your paraglider and either crossing the ravine or gently drifting to its bottom
God BOTW was kino. Can't wait for the sequel.

Attached: 1545290495691.jpg (1920x1090, 593K)

If it's so clearly shit then why is no one providing articulate reasons as to why it's shit? It's all low effort shitposting like yours or outright lies that when disproven morons just double down and cope post with
>IT'S A CUTSCENE

both the gameplay and story of DS have been awful so far, my hopes are extremely low.

If they wanted to show off Keighley then the whole pissing, scanning, climbing and del toro shit would be pointless. Now shut the fuck up you mouth breather and deal with the concept that this game is nothing new and Kojimbo is a hack that wants to make movies and not games for fuck sake yet as someone who got his career boosted by working at Konami and creating MGS made him an "icon" for spastics like yourself and this shit will influence the game industry in a terrible way like most of these shit games did which were just based on some gimmicks but done by "famous" people or large companies introducing nothing new or interesting to the industry but praised because "lol Famous" or "every zoomer does it so should I".

You don't know shit about the story of DS, nobody knows, but I bet you care a lot about it because that's all you MGS redditors care about, le epic plot.
This is why i'm glad that MGS died, and that it also ended with MGSV, it was the best possible ending to the franchise, finally getting an actual videogame that pushed MGS' garbage plot to the side and focused on gameplay.
Of course, the MGS redditors hated it because having to hold a controller for more than 5 minutes is too much effort for them.

I don't even play MGS games

Not him but tell me what it is you actually do in this game

If I remember "The Pilgrim's Progress" correctly, he's going to find a giant cross on the hill and the backpack will disappear forever after he finds Christ.

Buddy, I don't give a single solitary shit about Metal Gear Solid. I never fucking played 'em. I don't even own a fucking Playstation. I'm here because I used to be extremely interested in Death Stranding when the trailer first released, and now I'm extremely disappointed. I was expecting some surrealist Freudian nightmare hellscape, and instead we got Baby Simulator 2: Electric Boogaloo.

This game is just walking.
That's it.
That's all there is to it.
There's absolutely fucking nothing left to show. You've seen everything this game has to offer.
All they've shown in this game is fucking walking and basic combat. All they've shown off is just the FUCKING BASIC THINGS YOU NEED FOR A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. Why would I play this? Why would I pick this TPS game over ANY other TPS game? What's so special about it? Why should I give money to Kojima when there are countless other TPS games I could be playing?

Attached: 1552164473864.jpg (640x640, 48K)

>If they wanted to show off Keighley then the whole pissing, scanning, climbing and del toro shit would be pointless.
B R A I N L E T

Attached: 1565843496744.gif (320x294, 1.7M)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Death Stranding. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of biological science most of the mechanics will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Kojima's Jewish outlook, which is deftly woven into his greed - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Torah literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the walking segments, to realize that they're not just mechanically interesting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kojima truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kojima's existencial catchphrase "The human body is considered 70% water. I consider myself to be 70% film," which itself is a cryptic reference to his impossibly high amounts of low testosterone energy. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion Kojima's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Senator Armstrong tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Who do you think you are fooling?
Everyone in these threads are all the people who made
>DUDE IM LE NUCLEAR LMAO
threads about MGSV, those cringeworthy, fat fucking neckbeards who only want plots out of videogames, shitty plots like the ones from MGS in fact.

Otherwise why would you be here?
Why would you have any interest at all in Kojima or DS?
Yea Forums is the most predictable place ever because everyone here behaves like a bunch of hormonal teenage women.

This massive larping campaign MGS redditors are making of being true gamers who care about gameplay is the most laughable and dishonest thing i've ever seen.
You are mad because MGS is dead, it's over, it's not going to get any other entry, your le epic Bad Boss and le epic Solid Snake with le epic bandana and eye patch are gone forever, so you are throwing a childish fit of rage about it.

Attached: 1565538122423.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

>walking simulator
I expected nothing less from the master Kojima-san.

>Death Stranding is literally the Rick and Morty of video games
pretty accurate honestly

>PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES!

Dont downplay BOTW. Breath had monolith soft's help, they are probably the best open world game developers in the industry. While kojima has a bad record with open world game design (MGSV). Imagine MGSV with even less gameplay systems and a more pretentious story.

Attached: 1545923861321.jpg (640x478, 208K)

Already stated that here >This game is just walking.
Just listen to yourself you moron. EVERY FUCKING GAME HAS WALKING. EVERY GAME. Climbing is not walking, repelling is not walking, swimming is not walking, riding motor bikes is not walking, melee combat is not walking, gun combat is not walking, stealth is not walking. Obviously you need to be walking to do most of these things but acting like walking is the sole or main action involved is beyond retarded.
>brb RE4 is just walking
>yeah you shoot things but it's mostly walking and you need to walk all the time
>walking simulator!!!

>Why would I pick this TPS game over ANY other TPS game? What's so special about it? Why should I give money to Kojima when there are countless other TPS games I could be playing?
What a poor fag cringe tier way of thinking.

So, how will the damage control on Yea Forums be when it sells a fuckload?
Classic "lets pretend the game doesn't exist" or insist that the game totally flopped like people did with MGSV?

>"STOP CRITICIZING THE GAME, IF YOU CRITICIZE IT YOU ARE FROM REDDIT/ NU Yea Forums"

>"BUY THE GAME THERE IS MORE TO DO THAN WALKING JUST TRUST ME YOU DUMB FUCKS"
-nu-Yea Forums 2019

Kek

Open world games are an automatic failure, they are a declaration of
>I can't design an engaging level, so maybe a lot of mindless freedom will change your idea

I haven't found a single open world game that managed to have level design even close to a linear one.

>tfw kojima managed to make a worse "game" then fucking CDPR's trannypunk
Oh no no no no no no...

Attached: 1565009587552.gif (242x191, 696K)

>Why would you have any interest at all in Kojima or DS?

I'm going to make this very clear to you, dipshit:

I saw a weird surreal trailer with a bunch of umbilical cords connecting to a bunch of sea creatures, and Norman Reedus being stalked by invisible creatures. I was expecting something surreal and horrific. That's fucking all. I know literally nothing about Metal Gear aside from the fact that it's some stupid Japanese stealth game with occasional competent writing. You realize this is the main sentiment that most normies feel, right? Most people don't give a single fuck about Metal Gear or Kojima. They just saw a weird trailer and they wanted to know more. It was an attention grabber.

Now where the fuck are we? We're watching Norman Reedus walking and pissing. That's it. That's all we've fucking seen.

Press L to laugh at Kojimafags.

Attached: 1553793790454.gif (285x200, 938K)

Please stop, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Attached: 1566171871705.png (188x100, 7K)

Talk all you want, it's a fact the only people who care about DS in Yea Forums are redditors assblasted because MGSV wasn't a movie.

Not that guy but fucking cope harder, the fact you can climb, swim and ride motorbikes in a boring, empty world is the same as walking in a boring empty world.

Proper response from a subhuman, no point in arguing so take this (you) and be on your way out.

>Kojima scammed Sony probably more than Star Citizen and No Mans Sky
Konami dodged a bullet there.

The latter. Yea Forums literally can't shut the fuck up about Kojima for five minutes so just pretending it doesn't exist isn't possible.

Ah yes, now it's when Yea Forums proudly claims that everyone totally thinks like Yea Forums
If you want to know what normalfags think, check Yea Forums and think the opposite.
There's a reason MGSV is the most sold MGS ever, the fact that it's the very best probably has a lot to do with it.

Sorry snoygoy that botw still lives rent free in your head

Okay nu-Yea Forums, enjoy your baby shaking simulator.

including yourself?

No, I was glad, MGSV is the only MGS game that I managed to end.
MGSV is just yet more proof that videogames always improve when you remove the plot from them.
Nobody wants stories in videogames, they are poorly written, they are nothing special, nothing new, nobody wants to hear whatever ramblings some videogame developer made up.
Make videogames and that's it.

>it's JUST WALKING
>ONLY WALKING
>NOTHING ELSE
prove other stuff is in the game
>ok, BUT THAT'S BORING
move those goalposts a little further you coping queer.

>fucking cope harder
Do we need to teach Americanoids how to speak english again?
It seems you've forgotten that the word "cope" must be used like
>you cope with X
Cope by itself means nothing, despite what your beloved nigger twitter accounts might say about it.

Its literally a walking simulator with shitty combat

DS doesn't appear to have any of the interactivity that MGSV has, though. The gameplay in DS unironically looks shit from what they've shown so far.

looks like the majority of this thread don't like the game

>I'LL KEEP CUMMING

>please kojima go back to linear games like MGS1 so I can then post that epic ebin of the straight line level and call you shit for creating linear levels even though I asked for linear levels.

Konami was right about kojimbo, no idea how they tolerated him for as long as they did.

The apologists for this game deserve this game, because it is going to be shit and I absolutely cannot wait to see people like this trying to justify it being good on release.

>and focused on gameplay.
arent you getting tired of getting blown the fuck out every time you post this cringe? the gameplay was even worse than the story

Game selling well doesn't make it good retard. See botw or rdr2.

Because his games make money, which is the only thing that matters in videogame development.
It's just Konami wanted to focus on phone games, which are far more profitable than console games.

and you're literally a queer.
and you're mum is literally a whore.
and you're dad is literally a cuckold

It's fun to use the word "literally" to make up unsubstantiated claims.

Literally no one is doubting the game will sell a shit ton.
Everyone is just doubting the quality.

It was the best ever seen in MGS, mainly because the controls didn't feel like they were programmed by a bunch of monkeys with down syndrome lead by someone who has never played videogames before, you know, like MGS1, 2 and 3 did, terrible videogames that had an awful influence on this industry and which, despite having fun with MGSV, i'd be glad if they had never existed in the first place.

>you post this cringe
Can someone translate from millennial to English?

Lmao. It's going to win a shit tonne of GOTY awards, it's going to sell millions and make Kojima and Sony and rich tonne richer and a lot of people are going to enjoy it and praise it. And while all the enjoyment is happening you're going to be on here cope posting like a sad bitter faggot.

>Game selling well doesn't make it good retard
>See these two critically acclaimed games that sold well

Stay mad that your bloodborne machine is cursed to have shit games

What interactivity?
Fultoning?
The meat of MGSV was simply being an operator simulator that didn't go to extreme lengths like ArmA.
I didn't care about interacting with the open world, in fact, I almost never went into free roam mode.
If I played the game, I would go play a mission.

In fact, if it was up to me I would have scrapped the free roam mode, it's pointless, the open world is clearly designed to have missions happen in them, not to have you run around it.

>m-muh controls
keep exposing your retardation and ill just open up the threads from earlier today and never stop reposting the replies that I already wrote up that nobody can refute. In short TPP is irredeemable dogshit and even the other MGS games have more and better gameplay because they have actual level design, encounter design, bosses, unique gameplay scenarios and deeper interactions with the enemies

>It's going to win a shit tonne of GOTY awards
>it's going to sell millions and make Kojima and Sony and rich tonne richer
>a lot of people are going to enjoy it and praise it
Pic related, it's you when this game bombs critically and commercially and Kojima gets arrested for tax fraud.

Attached: 1561495303322.png (967x954, 560K)

>unironically using metacritic and journo reviews as a sign if a game is good or bad
When will resetera tards like you go back?

The giant glowing mushroom looks really fucking bad, but the animation transitions are pretty good. Here's hoping the gameplay isn't dumbed down too much.

I never mentioned any critics, but if you think literally everybody on the internet shitting on a game, especially meta critic isn't a red flag you are a contrarian.

All of previous MGS games suffer from having the worst controls in the stealth genre.
The boss fights are complete drivel, they are just a completely random interruption that almost never has anything to do with sneaking around, in fact, they focus on combat, which in previous MGS games is a complete embarassment.

For MGS1, 2 and 3 it's obvious the focus is cutscenes and that gameplay was a hastily put together afterthought, considering how little those "games" care about interrupting the gameplay every 5 minutes to deliver to you hours and hours of exposition that I couldn't care less about.

If a videogame focuses on the narrative, it's already a failure, but when that narrative is garbage?
It's an even bigger embarassment, it becomes a massive waste of time.

I'll just appreciate that they put an option to skip cutscenes.

Go outside. Read a book.

>reveals his true colors as a brand loyalty obsessed faggot
Glad I can ignore now you freak. I don't care what company or developer makes a game, whether it's Sony, Nintendo or Steam, Kojima, miyamoto or Gab. I just want games I enjoy and Death Stranding looks like that.
>needing to live in a fanfic created reality to cope
seek help.

>>needing to live in a fanfic created reality to cope
>seek help.
Literally schizophrenia.

>kojima being arrested for tax fraud is a totally legit reality!!!!
seek help

The game looks like shit, they keep showing it off every year but wtf is it about? Like is it pissing and sleeping sim?

And the MGS redditors expose themselves.
They can't help but defend their beloved movies when they get called out for the garbage non-games they are.
Nice larp back there with the
>N-NO, I TOTALLY HAVEN'T PLAYED MGS BEFORE

Sure, open world games are a different beast of their own. You will not find the level design you like from them. The open world games that are good don't focus on level design. They have to make the whole map appealing, which depends on atmosphere, content density and variety. In breath of the wild, you rarely are walking around in an open field doing nothing. The game does a great job putting you into gameplay situations, or pointing you towards it. Western open world games like crackdown and assassins creed just put strongholds and towers everywhere making it boring, because its all the same content. You could complain that shrines are lazy, but most of them are pretty unique and are worth completing. Death stranding has no impressive showing of gameplay yet, and its only a couple months away. Walking endlessly, pissing a mushroom into existence and shaking a crying baby is not real gameplay. That is like saying cleaning your guns in read dead 2 is real gameplay.

Now everyone will see that without the necessary counterpushes by Konami his games will just be a disjointed pseudo-intellectual soapbox instead of a game.

What a fucking retarded brainlet post. MGS1-3 were a blend of multiple genres that mastered none of them but made up for it with gimmicks, presentation and the bossfights which are easily the best from any even remotely similar genre, the only one that comes even close is Mr. freeze from arkham city. The controls of TPP are just a casualized version of MGS4 controls, it didnt get any "better", just lost important functionality to make room for epic mobile game mechanics

>If a videogame focuses on the narrative, it's already a failure
retarded brainlet "point" that you couldnt possibly even hope to argue the case for

Youre literally retarded if youre going around trying to act like some harbinger of "i care about da gameplay" while even bringing up TPP at all let alone as a positive example of anything. Its """gameplay""" ranges from 100% casual mind numbing mobile game dogshit to practically nonexistent drivel. Play an actual fucking stealth game, milsim, immersive sim or tps for once and never mention your zoomer ubishit cringe again

So what I said, it's what you do when you don't know how to do proper level design, you just put a sandbox, different gameplay situations randomly and hope the players have fun with it.

I think it's about time the open world subgenre just dies out.

Yes they are. There are delusional fucks here who actually believe it's going to get some disastrous reception and flop so hard that Kojima's career will be over.

You thinking this game is going to be Citizen Kane is schizophrenia.

Attached: 1562184710608.gif (320x240, 2.3M)

Thanks for the delivery Sam! I don't want to sound creepy but you're kinda cute when you're peeing.

Attached: dorito.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Who the fuck can I compare Kojima to? He's not the George Lucas of video games. At least George actively contributed to the first three movies and is responsible for a lot of their content. Even if people had to keep him in line. MGSV and this "game" have made me realize that Kojima has never done anything good. It was all everyone else and he merely took credit for everyone's work.

Calm down Kojidrone. Your idol is not a genius. Merely an idea thief and hollywood ballwasher extraordinaire.

Holy shit, that image could un-ironically be mistaken for Death Stranding.

How fucking illiterate are you? Are you genuinely retarded? the first metal gear I played was GZ, coincidentally enough something infinitely better in terms of story and gameplay than TPP which is one of the biggest embarrassments ive ever seen. TPP might have better gameplay than the old MGS games if it had any gameplay but it doesnt, it has less gameplay than games that had a few hours of gameplay. Talk about fucking cringe. TPP has no level design, no encounter design, no varied gameplay scenarios, no bosses, no significant enemy variety and even its one gimmick (le enemy interaction) is casualized and less technologically deep than in the past MGS games. Only actual redditor zoomers are retarded enough to defend TPP over anything. Either you pay zero attention to it or you shit on it, there are no other options unless you want to reveal how underage you are. Make another completely empty post that cries about "muh movies" though because you cant actually argue

>MGS1-3 were a blend of multiple genres that mastered none of them but made up for it with gimmicks, presentation and the bossfights which are easily the best from any even remotely similar genre
No, they weren't, they were clunky, half assed stealth games, they had nothing from other genres except MGS3, with it's laughable version of survival mechanics which consisted of constant menu crawling.

>retarded brainlet "point" that you couldnt possibly even hope to argue the case for
Simple, videogames are not a proper storytelling medium, no one knows how to tell stories properly without interrupting the gameplay, and on top of that, decent writers avoid this industry like a plague since this is the industry where where drivel like TLOU or MGS2 are considered masterpieces.
You want to tell a story?
Go write a book and stop ruining videogames.

>"i care about da gameplay" while even bringing up TPP at all let alone as a positive example of anything.
It ended MGS in a hopeful note, that Kojima is finally understanding that plot has no place in videogames and, at best, it should be something completely secondary, something pushed into a menu for the idiots who unironically play videogames for the story to have.

Dark Souls and MGSV have the best implementation of story i've ever seen in videogames because you can easily complete the games without even knowing what they are about, although MGSV still commits the mistakes of having cutscenes.

>no bosses
YOU are the boss!
The Big Boss!

>i don't care about the movie actors OR STORY

ME JUST WANTS TO SHOOT STUFF

You sound like my dumb boomer uncle who trash talked Silent Hill 2 when he saw me playing it because there was not enough monsters to kill and too many cutscenes.

The sad thing is that people like you are rampant on this board, and act all smart about it. There's nothing to be proud about, you're just a bunch of kids.

By the way Death Stranding looks like shit.

Attached: 1556013235-idiot12.png (704x528, 68K)

GZ is worse because of the obnoxious gameplay to story ratio.
Half of it are cutscenes.

>Talk about fucking cringe
You call others "zoomers" when you talk like some tumblrina?

That's pretty funny because Silent Hill 2 at no point could be mistaken for Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Kojima bad!

Attached: npc.png (1006x813, 73K)

I thought that this was a screenshot of Death Stranding by the thumbnail.
God help us all.

KOJIMA GOOD!

Attached: 1566339709739.png (1006x813, 71K)

>Simple, videogames are not a proper storytelling medium
not an argument
>no one knows how to tell stories properly without interrupting the gameplay,
not an argument, multiple games use a multitude of different methods of telling their story and lore, some completely optional like in soulsborne
>and on top of that, decent writers avoid this industry like a plague
not an argument, great writers in any medium are an extreme minority
>You want to tell a story?
>Go write a book and stop ruining videogames.
I am a novelist, im simply laughing at you since youre a close minded brainlet who claims to champion for exclusively gameplay focused games but defends the vapid dogshit that TPP is in the same posts

>that Kojima is finally understanding that plot has no place in videogames and, at best, it should be something completely secondary,
I couldnt care less when the gameplay is still less deep than in the past MGS games let alone any other game of remotely similar genres

I played GZ for 70 hours, the only mission that even has cutscenes is the main mission, youre genuinely retarded if you think instantly skippable cutscenes affect the quality of the game at all when its not even trying to be an immersive sim

Ok, I gotta give you a (You) for that one

>Yeah, it's a new spin on walking!
>Seriously it's like walking, but REALLY realistic!
>It's groundbreaking that they put walking at the cent-
>please stop laughing
>please

Attached: 1565471261970.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>coincidentally enough something infinitely better in terms of story
The fact that it has story is a negative.
I don't care about these horribly designed caricatures that look like walking parodies of Call of Duty characters, the fact that someone could take seriously the story of a man called "Big Boss" is simply baffling.

>it has less gameplay than games that had a few hours of gameplay.
Not really, it took me 25 hours to complete it.

>no bosses
There are, although looking at the boss fights it has, and the boss fights in previous MGS games, i'd say it would be better if they removed them.

MGS is a completely pointless franchise driven by its narrative, the worst mistake a videogame could ever commit.
MGSV at least shows Kojima is learning about how to develop actual videogames, instead of pointless, bankrupt and soulless movies where the main attraction are endless cutscenes telling a terrible story.

>omg he's walking that's all the game is
if you're this butthurt about (yet another) good ps4 exclusive you really just need to buy one at this point, it's getting pathetic

>pointless, bankrupt and soulless
sums up TPP

and it took me 249 hours to complete MGS2, what now retard?

>w-well b-bu-but i-it shows
I couldnt give a lesser fuck about your pretentious shit, youre a zoomer who likes TPP, hates the metal gears that came out before you were born and has never played anything actually good from the genres and series TPP desperately apes from, while failing horribly

>not an argument
If it was, i'm sure someone would have managed to find a proper way to tell a story without ruining the game, or simply using tactics from other medium like just shoving cutscenes.

>some completely optional like in soulsborne
I know, I love it and that should be the only option for storytelling in videogames, make it optional and skippable, like easter eggs.

>great writers in any medium are an extreme minority
And i'm sure all great writers stick to either literature or cinema.

>I am a novelist
Then please, avoid the videogame industry, we already have enough storytellers doing their best to ruin it.

>defends the vapid dogshit that TPP is in the same posts
It's a ray of hope in the sea of cancer that MGS is.

>It's a ray of hope in the sea of cancer that MGS is.

if youre a retarded toddler with no ability to assess basic game design. it removed the story and the gameplay, you literally have an alpha stage asset flip with one mission and that one mission takes place in a completely barren map with one soldier model walking around

>I played GZ for 70 hours
I can also replay a COD campaign plenty of times and claim it's 80 hours long.

>its not even trying to be an immersive sim
Actually, that's exactly what MGSV should have been, forget about plot, about the franchise itself, just focus on being a realistic military simulator.
Remove Motherbase, remove recruiting and developing, remove the plot missions and just make main missions happening in the map, and make the entire game one big continuous map instead of being split into two different ones.
It would make for a much better MGS than even V.

>it removed the story
About time.

>the gameplay
There is plenty of gameplay, there are about 30 missions in it, removing the repeated ones (who's difficulty settings should have been the default) and the pointless story related ones like that eternal opening mission.

MGS is a pioneer in cinematic storytelling in video games. If you're too dumb to enjoy a good storyline because you just want to kill stuff like a dumb boomer or a dude bro, that`s your problem.

>I can also replay a COD campaign plenty of times and claim it's 80 hours long.
if youre fucking retarded I guess? I said I played GZ for 70 hours, the game has maybe 3 cutscenes and all of those are in the main mission which is also the longest and most complex one in terms of objectives and side objectives

>Actually, that's exactly what MGSV should have been,
okay? its not, its fucking dogshit and it was never going to be an immersive sim in its braindead open world

> there are about 30 missions in it, removing the repeated ones

every single mission is a repeated one, you have one objective in the game and thats to travel through the empty open world to get to X thing which you need to fulton or destroy, fulton in every single case where it can be fultoned and thats the majority of the missions

All those points and it's still gonna be goty

I can enjoy a good storyline, but I'm not interested in it from videogames, and MGS certainly has nothing to do with good storytelling.
Let me remind you that the motivation of the villain from MGS1 is that he lacks Common Core knowledge about how DNA works.

Attached: death stranding.png (1252x1402, 152K)

kids will never understand what gamers want.

>every single mission is a repeated one
By that logic we can also say that previous MGS games are just the same thing over and over.
Crawling around corridors full of guards to get to the next cutscene.
Except MGSV actually feels good to play, instead of feeling like the controls themselves are made to be distracting in how awful they are.
Like the camera, I still can't believe anyone actually thought that a top down camera fits a stealth game.
This kind of camera is meant to restrict vision, to create tension over not knowing what lies ahead, perfect for horror videogames.
Thing is, this is a stealth game, you can't sneak around if you can't even see what's 10 feet ahead of you, and the games themselves admit this mistake with the introduction of the Soliton radar.

MGS1, 2 and 3's gameplay is nothing but a hastily stiched together mess that feels like it was being designed for a videogame from an entirely different genre.

lmao at the celeb-fascinated People magazine reader thinking he's better than ANYONE

What if, during TGS. Kojima shows off the real gameplay, featuring firefights, blowing up mountains to reveal secret underground bases, travel down secret gaps to get a sub-level facility that's seen its fair share of toil and fighting, what if there are monsters down there just waiting to gobble you up, what if you have to proceed deeper to find clues on what happened or to find a vital piece to your solution. What if cities and small settlements happen?
I want to believe, no matter how small it is. I want this game to be a success.

>okay? its not, its fucking dogshit and it was never going to be an immersive sim in its braindead open world
I'm saying, because if it was up to you, you'd probably make it a terrible, plot focused mess full of cutscenes and codec calls.
MGSV should have gone full gameplay, like STALKER games or ArmA.
It's still attached and restricted by it's plot, and it has stupidity from MGS "signature silliness" like everything about the fulton system, things that should be removed and don't fit in this game.

Trust.

why is pissing a recuring theme in Kojima games?

You are a pleb. Fuck your shortsighted mind.

>By that logic we can also say that previous MGS games are just the same thing over and over.
if youre an autist pretending to be retarded, or actually retarded. MGS2 switches your core gameplay scenario so consistently that most people complain the game doesnt let them just stagnate with sneaking around. Defusing and finding bombs goes into a setpiece where you avoid a railgun, into a proper bossfight where you have to quickly look for hidden bombs again and defuse them while fighting fatman, into infiltrating a place while in disguise, into finding a specific heartbeat, into diving, into escort mission, into sniping segment etc etc. Youre not only a disingenuous retard but an actually brain damaged piece of shit if you think TPP has more gameplay than any other MGS game when every single mission is some variety of "make your way across the empty land to destroy or fulton this"

>Except MGSV actually feels good to play,
not an argument, I think it feels like dogshit to play, I like maximalism that doesnt pander to casuals with no dexterity and weak hands, every game should control like MGS2 or the original system shock

>Like the camera, I still can't believe anyone actually thought that a top down camera fits a stealth game.
I dont care what you think or believe, not an objective argument that has anything to do with the quality of anything

>This kind of camera is meant to restrict vision, to create tension over not knowing what lies ahead,
yes, sounds like a good balancing factor for actually consciously designed gameplay scenarios, something that TPP doesnt have because its homogenized ubishit in the alpha stage of development

>Thing is, this is a stealth game
TPP certainly isnt

>if it was up to you,
didnt read further and since youre clearly a retarded toddler who cant argue, this is the last reply youre getting, ill cook up a pasta or two to shut down your autistic TPP zoomer defense whenever I see them around and thats it

waaaah NO SHOOTING OR ACTION?!

BAD GAME BADDD 0/10 NO ACTION SO BORING ALL YOU DO IS WALK

GAME MUST HAVE ACTION

MUST HAVE SHOOTING

OR ELSE BORING!!!

Attached: 1447470825917.png (200x200, 44K)

The game looks like shit and I won't be buying it.
I will watch it on youtube and if it is good then I will buy it used.

Game looks like a blast

Attached: Kojimbo.jpg (782x641, 149K)

>Defusing and finding bombs
The whole bomb subplot was nothing but a way to pad out time by making you backtrack all the zones you visited up until then.

>goes into a setpiece where you avoid a railgun
Which you can do by sitting still.

>into infiltrating a place while in disguise
You mean just running around as if you had no clip on?

>defuse them while fighting fatman
Which isn't engaging at all because the combat system of MGS2 is terrible, shooting is an embarassment in that game, and in MGS1 and 3.

> into escort mission
Infamous for how terrible it is, sure.

>TPP has more gameplay than any other MGS game when every single mission is some variety of "make your way across the empty land to destroy or fulton this"
You can turn those missions into whatever you want, you can turn them into running guns blazing, or destroying something far away and driving them all from the place, or just ghosting.
That's up to you, and not up to what the game tells you to.

> sounds like a good balancing factor for actually consciously designed gameplay scenarios
It would be if it didn't requiere the introduction of the Soliton radar which simply tells you where everyone is.
I honestly believe MGS original gameplay is nothing but leftovers from another different videogame, it makes no sense that anyone would make a stealth game like this.

>TPP certainly isnt
It's whatever you want it to be.

so you like your games like you like your girls. got it

>ill cook up a pasta or two to shut down your autistic TPP zoomer defense whenever I see them around and thats it
You will because you are just another assblasted MGS redditor who needs to protect his beloved movie games.
One of the good things about MGS being dead and it's reputation pissed on.

This franchise should never again be remembered or taken as the basics of anything.
MGS' entire legacy is one of cancer.

>y-you can decide to kill everyone instead of ignoring everyone so it has gameplay variety1!!

what a fucking retarded piece of shit, the exact same choice as in the past games except with less npc interaction and less unique scenarios around that interaction. its fucking hilarious that this TPP zoomer is going around frothing at the mouth over redditors when that game is literally the definition of retarded zoomercore on the level of something like the division, either completely ignored or laughed at by anyone who knows anything about videogames

>It's whatever you want it to be.
no it isnt you fucking retarded piece of shit, there is no design of any kind there and "le make your own fun" doesnt mean anything in an empty asset flip sandbox. Did you consider that everyone isnt autistic and retarded and that I have the choice of booting up an actual game instead of this dogshit?

>h-haha w-well u-uhh YOU LIKE MGS!!11

yeah this is probably the part where I urge everyone to hit that report button, im pretty sure the mods are pretty active at axing retardation on Yea Forums and trolling is actually against the rules

>h-haha w-well u-uhh YOU LIKE MGS!!11
That was the whole thing.
Death Stranding is hated by Yea Forums entirely because of MGSV not being a movie like previous MGS games, not because of what DS does.
You can always bait them out of the woodworks and call out their
>I TOTALLY CARE ABOUT GAMEPLAY
larp, even though they unironically defend MGS1, 2 and 3, some of the worst stealth games in the genre, inferior to pretty much all it's competitors like Thief, Splinter Cell, and in most aspects, even Deus Ex.

The only reason fags follow this franchise is because they actually, unironically like the shitty plot, and shit on DS because they wish MGSV was DS, a narrative focused game.
Well, MGS is dead, and nobody misses it save for a handful of idiots in Yea Forums
Rest in Piss, MGS, and thanks for making people believe they should make story focused games.

youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8

Attached: 1560065179813.png (1903x997, 2.81M)

> the exact same choice as in the past games
Not really, going guns blazing is almost a death sentence due to how terrible the gunplay mechanics are, even worse than the sneaking mechanics.

>either completely ignored or laughed at by anyone who knows anything about videogames
Funny, aren't you the one defending movies and the presence of plot and cutscenes in videogames?

>I played GZ for 70 hours
And I played MGSV for almost 700.
Meanwhile, the other MGS games I played them once and didn't even feel like replaying them.
The idea of having to deal with the constant cutscene and codec interruptions is unbearable.
Sorry Kojima, but I just don't care about Big Boss or Solid Snake, let me play, thank you.

Attached: Untitled.png (517x127, 81K)

Okay? How fucking retarded are you? My first post in the thread is
>defend MGS1, 2 and 3, some of the worst stealth games in the genre, inferior to pretty much all it's competitors like Thief, Splinter Cell, and in most aspects, even Deus Ex.

inferior to those games in multiple ways, yet superior to TPP in every way

death stranding is more gameplay focused than TPP because death stranding is the complete antithesis to what makes TPP complete dogshit. the gameplay itself in DS is to traverse the overworld and whatever survival/ obstacles that includes, the "gameplay" in TPP happens at tiny intervals after traversing the empty overworld and that gameplay is always the exact same shitty repetitive thing that pales in comparison to every game from its own franchise let alone others

>And I played MGSV for almost 700.
because youre fucking retarded, TPP has less game in it than the demo did, youre just a sonichu tier autistic mouthbreather who should instead look into candy crush since at least thats honest about what it is

>every game should play like the original System Shock.
No.
Not even close.

>woooah, walking, pretty Kino
I'm interested in the story, but you drones need to get a grip and realize that this as a game isn't impressive in the least

Yea Forums used to love Kojima, faggot, even if just for his stories. It's the influx of newfag normies that need instant gratification from games who are outraged by Death Stranding.

>Not really, going guns blazing is almost a death sentence due to how terrible the gunplay mechanics are
I mean thanks for confirming how fucking retarded you are? maybe on the highest difficulties, an option that doesnt exist in TPP

>Funny, aren't you the one defending movies and the presence of plot and cutscenes in videogames?
point out every post where ive said anything remotely similar, and if you manage to do that, refute it before expecting me to take your autistic whining seriously

>TPP has less game in it than the demo did
Not really, I just replayed the missions in different ways.

> the "gameplay" in TPP happens at tiny intervals after traversing the empty overworld
Not really, you don't have to, just stick to the main missions, those happen in small, limited areas.

the coolest bit is what kojima hinted at with the pissing mechanic. he said if lots of people piss in the same place something good will happen. so the world is going to be dynamic, respond to player interaction, meaning the world will grow and change organically based on the will of the player collective.

the real ruse of death stranding is that this game is a real test on how they can guide peoples' actions in an augmented reality situation, doing simulated tests before they really start to integrate the augmented/gamified reality with the social credit systems that are being rolled out across the globe. we are homo ludens, man the player. not man the thinker. not man the builder.

>those happen in small, limited areas.

list the amount of missions in TPP that dont start you kilometers away from where the (first) point of actually doing something is

>inferior to those games in multiple ways
In every single way, MGS has always failed at everything it tried to do because it's developers simply do not have experience in videogame development, they only know how to make cutscenes, and i'm glad they ended up paying for it.

Kojima spent all the money hiring the celebs he wants to fuck and then forgot the game needs gameplay.
This stupid fuck really wants to make movies instead.

based cuckjima hater

>IT'S NEW PEOPLE
>THING WAS DIFFERENT WHEN LONG, THINGS WERE GOOD
>OLD PEOPLE WEREN'T FAGGOTS BUT BASED
>IT'S NEW PEOPLE
Yea Forums isn't and has never been one person you FUCKING spacker. If "Yea Forums likes thing" is ever the opinion you have gotten you are a hug boxing redditor that literally developed that opinion by huddling together in a safespace.

Attached: cute puppo.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

Attached: 1554270869614.jpg (491x680, 156K)

list all the bossfights in western games let alone thief, deus ex or splinter cell that are more mechanically complex than even the boss roster from MGS1

Kilometers?
I think only the mission where you rescue Kaz.

But everything Kojima's done over the years is move from the cancerous movie games that earlier MGS "games" were to actual videogames.

Complex?
MGS boss fights are always bullet sponges unless they have some stupid gimmick like The Sorrow or Psycho Mantis.
The actual boss fight is dealing with the terrible controls in non-sneaking enviroments.
Seriously, all difficulty from the first three MGS games would be removed if the games played like MGS4 or V, instead of that clusterfuck made up by some senile fart, probably Kojima himself in his disinterest to make a proper videogame.

now go ahead and tell everyone how the controls of REmake are an accidental design flaw in the game

>multiple people piss in the same place
>in game, the grass gradually turns from green to yellow over time
>TECHNOLOGY.

In Remake they make sense because it's a horror game, it's supposed to cause tension with claustrophobic camera angles and making encounters tense.
MGS actually feels like some idiot reused RE assets and had the genius idea of using them for a stealth game.
Of course, literally no one tried to imitate this clusterfuck and even Kojima admitted the inherent flaw in the gameplay design of these games in future entries.

No wonder the only thing people remember about these games is the story and never the gameplay, although I do wonder what kind of person unironically likes the plot of MGS games.

>hurr Witcher senses
Fucking MGSV did it Sonar you absolute nigger. I didn’t it even use it once.

>It's a new spin on walking.

not an argument, youll grow up one day and realize that not every game needs to fit into the homogenized ubishit mold even if you dont like X game as a result. Most adults would move on without batting an eye but youre unironically a TPP zoomer with an inferiority complex (well deserved) so you lash out in desperate autism rage while trying to hide behind the veil of better series and games that a retarded redditor like you shouldnt even be allowed to mention when everyone knows you have more hours clocked in on TPP than all of the others like thief 2 and chaos theory combined

I wouldn't mind a nonviolent journey, stealthing through hostile territory, but this looks like a grind.

no don't put the tinfoil on! it acts as an antenna, they'll control you easier! but they are already are doing real world tests, and the antenna is already connected to you, through your phone/smart device. pokemon go was made by a military offshoot company. elon musk is right in that we are already cyborgs, but he's wrong and evil for pushing forward the neural interface

fuck off, Elon is Lain but with more autism and no superpowers

>character spotlight for Geoff
hahahahhahahaHAHAHHA
OMG THE APOLOGIZERS HAHAHA

I hope you are backpacking it up whenever you can

No one said Citizen Kane you nigger, but it ain’t going to be shit, that I can guarantee. So seethe harder while you write fanfics of your beloved chinkman, maybe it’ll come true.

Attached: F408CC91-74B8-4A9F-8A75-F563FAF73C23.jpg (1024x575, 70K)

this game is going to be as bad as the Lost finale, but let me explain why
retards have invested so much time into shlling this garbage, that no matter how bad the game is, they are going to love it
it's like applefags when they invest thousands in a fisherprice-tier laptop
they need to justify their purchase in some way
this game looks horrible
ho
rri
blu

>pleb filtered by Lost finale
>cant into Death Stranding
its like poetry

Attached: 1564720624983.jpg (694x516, 81K)

It's a hugbox now for people that want to hop on the latest hate bandwagon because they're edgy, sad people that only found out about Yea Forums during GG and the 2016 election. I don't need to hear every rando's 2 cents on why the game's a flop, I just want to discuss with people that actually like vidya.

>pleb filtered by Lost finale
I didn't even watch a single episode, but I was well aware of the scam after watching Twin Peaks for years
get ready for the blunder of the century

based troglodyte

Attached: lynched.jpg (284x423, 21K)

Kojimbo is debuting a new genre: the lynch scam, this time in vidya
it's going to be the biggest interactive turd ever

When I saw this I lost hope, it's MGSV all over again.

>it's MGSV all over again.
good, MGSV was great

Attached: phantom pain.jpg (1639x922, 98K)

It really wasn't. Core gameplay was dull and they just add a shitton of useless gadgets to fill the void.

Yes it was, no amount of seething can change that

Attached: 12bb01599a2a46cb5b1d0d202aef27ac.jpg (645x338, 70K)

yes, im sure thats why its either completely forgotten or ignored by everyone in 2019 sans 10 brony tier redditors who dont know anything about games and are the exact target audience for this ubishit

based test

>yes, im sure thats why its either completely forgotten or ignored by everyone in 2019
the levels of cope are unreal, its very far from forgotten or ignored, just the fact we are talking about it now proves you wrong. There are often multiple threads about MGSV up every single day on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1565852388387.jpg (480x360, 20K)

people are talking about it because youre in a fucking kojima thread autist, the only threads anyone makes about TPP otherwise are either fake leaks or begging related to a version of the game that isnt dogshit

completely false, plenty of people love MGSV and its objectively one of the best games ever made, cope and seethe my friend while your warped bubble lasts

Attached: 1548277599688.jpg (975x720, 386K)

thanks for showing everyone that youre an actual kid who doesnt know anything about videogames. Yes, im sure some autistic fortniter would think TPP is the deepest stealth and milsim ever. However, you can spend 10 minutes searching up anything from the game on youtube or elsewhere only to discover that literally everyone shunned the piece of shit that it was and the only thing left for anyone to discuss is to take apart just how laughably bad it is

educate yourself dicklet
youtube.com/watch?v=QPWXf0wJIaI

this all you need to see

Attached: 1559149313121.webm (640x360, 2.1M)

>eceleb told me its bad
and you call me a kid, how embarassing

>TPP
>milsim
You're literally braindead

Attached: 1547226464957.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

>p-plenty of people like it haha its the best game ever made!!1
>heres an analysis of why the gameplay is terrible
>u-uhh h-haha i dont need anyone to tell me what to think!11

retarded, actual npc with no critical thinking skills confirmed

you mean you are, if youre actually illiterate enough to think that I was implying that it is

There are 3 hours long essays on youtube why MGS4 is the worst game ever made, doesnt mean its true. Calling me an NPC when you parrot ecelebs is rich. Its just sad the delusional state of you.

It just exposes that there is no ruse and Kojima used P.T. to bypass the NDA he had to sign before leaving Konami also low-key callout their shit.

NO
RUSE
U
S
E

Fuck your trust, I ain't risking $60 for potential disappointment and Kojima isn't a god.

>Calling me an NPC when you parrot ecelebs is rich.
Are you fucking retarded? If you werent a fortniter phoneposter you would have read the multiple large posts in this very thread about why TPP is dogshit from me but since youre exactly what I said you are, you didnt and went to the end of the thread to post your own retarded reddit shit. I gave you one final act of mercy and went to youtube to find you an 50 minute educational video to repeat the exact same things but in even more detail and your autistic response is to cover your ears and scream how it doesnt count because youre, like I said, actually retarded. It doesnt even matter how hard you scream and cry, the entire hardcore gaymen audience is laughing at TPP kids let alone the core metal gear audience. Youre the cerebral palsy cousin of the metal gear audience

Because he thinks it's funny, no other possible reason.

He also likes showing off women's bewbs no matter the context or seriousness of the situation.

Remember "words and deeds"?

keep going, this is some good stuff

Attached: AHAHAHAHA.jpg (367x451, 29K)

enjoy your ban redditor, isnt summer over already or why the fuck arent you asleep?

Looks comfy to be honest.

holy shit, you are in shambles I broke you

>"Welp. Better get goin."
Hup!
>walking sounds
>heavy breathing
>"Hey! You there! I have a quest!"
>more walking sounds
>Hey. Here's a quest. Good luck!
>walking sounds
>heavy breathing
>ambient music
>"Life sure is hard..."

Now this is kino.

Hell, he got a cameo in one of his hired celebrity's actual movie. The guy says he is 70% movies.

Kojima literally wants to be movies.

Man, I can't fucking wait. Only game that I'm really excited for. But in a cautious post-MGSV way, like I know it won't be as good as the hype makes it out to be but it'll be a fucking blast anyway.

yes, you won the epic youtube comments battle by ignoring the arguments, desperately backing away while pulling out epic cope ad hominems and excuses and eventually completely breaking down and doing nothing but posting facebook reaction images to prove how totally in control you are right now

thats some serious deduction skills you have there, did you get that from your analysis videos? I tremble in the presence of your superior intellect and argument...

retort the arguments

funny how they had to cut at 0:42 just not to show that much walking lol

Why are all the non courier humans holograms? Is there something about the couriers that people can't be in the same place as them?

Attached: 1501884654097.png (500x500, 7K)

ooh retort... what a fancy word, well my friend, there is nothing to retort as I enjoyed the game immensely and have nothing to gain from your analysis, my good sir

Had a song made for this milestone of life

file:///D:/(%201%20My%20Music/MP3's/ROW_ROW_FIGHT_THA_POWAH_fixed.mp3

>get (You)
>it's from a mass replying turbo nerd

every time

very based mass replying chad

>uwhahaha i enjoy eating shit so its the best thing ever many people agree haha seething cope with that

thanks for confirming just how actually fucking underage and retarded you are, reply to me again once you take apart these

To be honest, a run of the mill TPS/Beat 'em Up game where you explore a bunch of areas that look like Iceland, Norway, Alaska, Canada, etc. is actually more appealing to me than what people were probably hoping for.

My ideal game would basically just be Breath of the Wild in a permanently late autumn-early winter area like northern Skyrim.

Looking at these posts I see you already got taken apart by someone else

Where exactly are these tpp zoomers crawling out from? Is it still summer vacation? The game was universally laughed at here still just a few weeks ago and for good reason

I fucking wish it emphasizes a lot on survival during your deliveries, like eating, drinking, shitting, pissing, fighting the cold, etc....
Kinda like a more ''mature'' BotW. I love survival but sadly most survival games are made by early access cashgrabers

Now, if Kojimbo were to make a Pokemon game, it'd probably be the most cancerous thing ever produced in this industry.

>"Drowning in Danger" Complete.

Is universally laughed your ultimate cope phrase? MGSV chads always BTFO the seething anons. As I you can see it in this thread of course.

Attached: 1553564699772.gif (500x281, 1021K)

tpp is a good game, relax bro lol

can't wait until this flops and people finally realize konami were right to let him go

lmao game propably made all of its budget back by the merch alone, he cant be defeated

Attached: Hideo-Kojima-Pilot-Episodes-Next-Gen-Development.jpg (400x427, 20K)

It's not like they released anything good lately. Also they make shitty decisions, who the fuck gives a shit about Contra anymore. It was good on NES, doesn't mean it's bound to be good now, it was a product of its time.

>MGSV chads always BTFO the seething anons.

not a single person on this board has ever been able to defend TPP from criticism, its all just retarded kids shoving their hands over their ears and screaming just like they did back in special ED. You dont know anything about games, you arent over 18 and you should be glad that you arent banned already for being blatantly underage

not only is TPP not good, it's actually worse than Ground Zeroes by a significant margin

>its all just retarded kids shoving their hands over their ears and screaming just like they did back in special ED.
Seems to me like thats the exact same thing you did, so we have cope, seethe and projection. Keep going, janny wont help you.

We literally cannot talk about this game without schoolyard arguments
>I-It's bad!
>No it's good!
>Fuck you!
>No U!

fucking kill me

first day on 4channel?

>K-Kojima will show us actual gameplay soon!
>He's not one to lie and deceive consumers!

No, I just wish we could actually talk about the fucking game since it's the only game that makes me curious and can contain a certain amount of mystery for us to talk about in this shitty industry

Yeah, but you know that wont happen here. Especially when its a Kojima PS4 exclusive that produces unholy amount of seethe.

WHERE ARE THE GUNS!? WHY DOESN"T IT HAVE A GENERIC FP GUNFIGHT LIKE EVRY OTHER VIDEO GAME THIS IS BAD GAMEPLAY REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1564804549146.png (542x508, 97K)

You're a fucking retard.

You will be totally able to use those guys car right also I hope you can use those guys weapons too.

This but unironically.

Attached: hideo_kojima_beard.0.0.jpg (1400x1400, 120K)

No game can be defended from criticism but pretending MGSV was in any form a flop is completely retarded.

Is DSP about to outlast his greatest detractor?

Attached: EBQTKLMXoAIJ_y6.jpg (1155x817, 60K)

He will show actual gameplay in the TGS, just remember that the japanese trailer of this game showed the battle with the Oil slug or whatever the fuck that was, the english trailer didn't have it, why? Because Kojima obvious think western players don't want to be spoiled at all and japanese players don't give a fuck about spoilers.

>It's a new spin on walking

Attached: lol5.gif (182x182, 760K)

Cope

Name 1 time Kojima has lied or deceived anyone

-ing

Yes, the post I was replying to was a cope. Why are you replying to me?

oof

Attached: 1566284801340.webm (720x404, 2.8M)

All of the lead-up to MGSV. Not only did he cut out all the interesting bits of cutscene and put them out of context, but he even created a fake company.

It's a different engine you retard.

I like it, looks videogamey

Attached: mpreg_on_the_beach.jpg (500x300, 32K)

it's really neat how the backpack shifts.

>ctrl+f cope
>18 results
cope

Attached: raughs.jpg (1022x547, 57K)

He revealed what the Moby Dick trailer was you retard long before anyone could purchase the game.
>Not only did he cut out all the interesting bits of cutscene and put them out of context
He didn't even provide any context to put take the cutscenes out of, people just got mad the game didn't follow their retarded headcanon.

i mean it was hilarious to see walking reedus and pissing reedus but you have to be retarded to think that's the whole gameplay

Stupid American not every video game needs to have guns FUCK

It has guns you brainlet.

Then shut the fuck up about it, what more do you need to know about guns in a video game? You aim and shoot

honestly user you're fucking amazing, i don't get the hate, there's tons of other games that do the same shit every year, this one looks really calming most of the time when just out and about combined with all the navigation and getting around stuff

That is a "fracture" of the gameplay that will be shown on TGS, that is what Kojima said.

Cope and dilate, Xtranny.

Well, I like playing musou shit so if people want to play advanced walking simulators who am I to spoil the fun

Attached: 1262.jpg (580x300, 12K)

>peeing will be a critical gameplay mechanic at some point when you probably use it to extinguish a fire or short-circuit a computer or make a floor electrically conductive or some such
>not gameplay