This is going to suck and let me tell you why...

This is going to suck and let me tell you why. First of all you’re all probably fortnite playing zoomers in your early 20s or younger who can’t go 10 seconds without a dopamine rush and if you played wow at all it would have been starting after wow became shit (cataclysm). Have fun leveling anything other than a hunter or warlock, not having gold for repairs, buying ammo, making water for 30 minutes before the raid (who am I kidding you zoomies won’t even hit 60), or having 5 soul bags as a warlock. For the 1% of people reading this who actually played vanilla, it’s not going to be the same. You aren’t 13 again playing this for the first time, you are in your late 20s. Youtube is now a thing, the general internet is much more accessible and the gaming mindset even for casuals is now min/max everything. The average player now in 2019 is probably as good as the top 10% of players in 2005. They will have to tune everything up or else it will be killed on the first week by half the server (unless it’s impossible like pre patch yogg). The rotations were 2 buttons maximum so skill won’t get you anywhere in pvp and there is no room for outplaying in pvp. The streamers will literally have unlimited gold and fanboys giving them free crafted shit and mats and they will be the ones getting all of the high ranked pvp titles. And last but not least, most of us don’t have time to play 12 hours a day like we did in school so it’s going to be the turboneets assraping you in pvp while living off benefits. All in all, the average player is so much better and older as well as just better at video games in general. It’s going to be a shitshow and the only people still left playing after a month will be the ones who actually played vanilla and all the zoomies will go back to fortnite and aderall.

Attached: EF21803B-952F-4284-83CA-2F66E4A87646.jpg (1920x1080, 804K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CYkqw6BjPcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm 20 now, am I still a zoomer?

You were 6 when vanilla came out.

Only if you behave like one. If you're into old-school stuff, you're a boomer.

But WoW was Fortnite for boomers, so lilzooms will fit just right in this meme game of the past.

Zoomers literally don’t have the attention span to level to 60 in classic.

fuck of boomer

>unless it’s impossible like pre patch yogg
Pre-nerf Yoggy+0 was well possible. There was a hotfix that prevented Psychosis from targeting Immortal Guardians don't heal themselves with Drain Life -> easier soft enrage and ability to stack more affliction locks due to fewer AoE DPS being required).

If you're confusing Yogg with the other Old God C'thun, I'm similarly confident that even the most original bugged version would have been possible or even easy. You have to remember even world first guilds were shit at the game. According to Nihilum retrospective blogs C'thun was the first time it even occurred for them to flask the entire raid, and that's just the preparation aspect. Hell, I recall reading some retail guilds getting the pre-nerf version down to 10% something.

Didn’t the world first yogg 0 include hunters kiting and like 7 aff locks? It was some chinks.

Yup, even the best guilds in the world were trash at the game. Human skill creep is a real thing for sure. Go look at lol pros back in say 2011, I haven’t played in two years and my highest rank ever is diamond 5 in season 5 and I’m sure I could curbstomp them. The average current expansion wow player would be a god in the simple game that is 2005 vanilla wow.

It was done by Stars, a Taiwanese guild.

Hunters were used to taunt Immortal Guardians that had received Shadow Beacon buff that heals nearby targets after some time. The thing about Yogg+0 is that you don't have Thorim killing 0% health guardians, so by the end of the fight you have a few dozen of them. Because their damage is based on current HP, failure to taunt the mobs away would have healed the entire pack, causing them to global tanks instantly. This is a legit and presumably intended tactic. Classes other than hunters can also be used, in this case tanks just have to taunt the mobs back while hunters could just feign. Affliction locks were used because they could keep soul draining (which is the premier execute phase ability as it is, P3 Yogg starts at 35% health) while turning away.

The primary complication here was coordination of finding the guardians with Beacon. When you have less than 10 seconds to shuffle through two a maximum of dozen clumped targets and two kiters taunting the same target is instant wipe, it can certainly get troublesome. Nowdays you'd have your guild's addon developer fix up something to make it a tad easier, although modern veteran players simply being far more experienced at interacting with the game would have made it more manageable than it was for players in 2009.

>Human skill creep is a real thing for sure
You zoomers are the most retarded generation in last 100 years.

>can’t go 10 seconds without a dopamine rush
not wrong, a lot of players are going to learn to endure or quit
>leveling anything other than a hunter or warlock
warrior is the real game, everything else is cheating
>You aren’t 13 again
i'm pretty sure i am still emotionally 13 years old
>internet is much more accessible
>now min/max everything
no way fag. i'm going to play undead warrior cuz they look sick
>average player now in 2019 is probably as good as the top 10% of players in 2005
that just means i gotta play at a 2039 level
>They will have to tune everything up or else
or else what. getting 40+ people together is the rewarding experience. i don't care about server first, i care about my experience
> 2 buttons
>there is no room for outplaying in pvp
what is vurtne; and apparently that's going to be the avg skill level now. classic is going to be amazing
>streamers will literally have unlimited
thou shalt not covet
>don’t have time to play 12 hours a day like we did in school so it’s going to be the turboneets assraping you in pvp
get into a good guild, running dungeons and raid logging isn't hard as you said
>They will have to tune everything up
as for ranking... you play hard on weekends with bonus honor to make up for it
for the final push to rank 13
in vanilla i played during week vacation and while sick
in classic i take a week or two off and get forever BiS as a warrior
>only people still left playing after a month will be the ones who actually played vanilla and all the zoomies will go back to fortnite and aderall
good

Do you really not believe that communities as a whole get much better at things over time? There is definitely human skill creep in video games.

>from q3 to halo to fortnite
More like increased human waste in video games.

>this comment
Are you American?

Attached: 1565222255645.gif (498x498, 207K)

I'll bite.

MMORPGs are (well, were) about social interaction. Now, after WoW, a MMORPG for people that doesn't like MMORPGs killed the genre, the shallow husk of a game is about some "Simon says" autistic rotations and following some addon instructions. Braindead gameplay for autistic and retarded children. That's your "human powercreep".

Take me back to 2011 and I would be the best LoL player on planet earth.

you sound like a fag you got mad when he could not beat taurus demon in dark souls kill yourself you fucking loser when did this fucking shit tier board became such a casual mobile loving cancerous shit board fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1530133707809.jpg (1024x1024, 71K)

Another Dunning–Kruger retard episode? Yea Forums sucks today.

Post highest arena rating.

>arena rating
lmao fuck off bc baby post your old pvp rank you small dick faggot, oh wait you can't because you never played vanilla.

He's not wrong. Top guilds didn't even think to use flasks for C'Thun until after dozens of attempts. Modern day raid finder bosses have more and more complex mechanics (but not necessarily as punishing) than Ulduar bosses. Mythic+ bosses are as complex as raid fights. The average player is used to keeping track of half a dozen things in a boss fight, even if they're slow to react to them. A fight where the mechanics are "every 30 seconds he curses 10 people, and they need to be decursed, other than that just heal the tank" are going to be so stupid easy even the retards can do it.

>discussion about skill in video games
>wow arena rating
Oh no, it's retarded.

Don’t listen to them, they are zoomers who think diablo 3 is a good game.

>Top guilds didn't even think to use flasks for C'Thun
Why do you guys keep parroting this? I've read it on plenty of WoW threads. Is embarrassing at this point.

Damn we already got 2 glads in the thread? Didn’t know Yea Forums was so based.

because they have to shit talk classic and say it's super easy compared to retail meanwhile the only mechanic you have in retail is don't stand there with a huge red circle showing.

Private servers have been out for over a decade so your entire argument is invalid, sorry.

Attached: 1489031395396.jpg (804x768, 128K)

The rotations were objectively easier and the boss fights were objectively easier. It was an objectively easier game.

alright user I'm sure they will add more store mounts and stuff in time and people will notice your newly bought mount :)

Yeah, but what's the point of pretending they playing vanilla and then basically confirm they never did it?

>playing a MMORPG for the challenge
Guess they are retarded. That's the most probable answer.

>played vanilla WoW almost every day as a kid
>somehow never made a single gold or made it to level 20
I'm not really sure what the fuck I was doing. I think I never picked up vendor trash and the first time I saw an elite enemy I'd get scared and make a new character.

Q: Will the Skeletons that appear when someone dies be the same as it was originally? Right now they disappear after you die again, they used to stay longer than that. 9

>A: While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic.

I hate nu-wow and quit in cata but you’re just wrong. The rotations and boss fights were piss easy.

Attached: BnUUh5KE_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>Stopping to adjust your camera when you can just write someone a letter saying NIGGER a thousand times

Great news. I was afraid I could read the N-word written with corpses. Now I can subscribe to based BfA and also play Classic!

If you see anyone bragging about how WoW's raids were super difficulty and how good this was, that person is a poser. WoW was good for stuff outside of raids. Raids themselves were simple but made difficult by the circumstances of the era: having to wrangle 40 retards, people mostly being clueless, less information being widely available like it is now, shittier PCs and internet connections, etc. Probably people caring less too although this is a hard call. Raid's difficulty didn't play at all into why the game was good.

It's an illustrative claim of how hardcore (or not) even top guilds were back in the day and, if pressed, could be easily sourced to Nihilum retrospective blogs (where this particular fact is brought up) and verified by looking at videos from the period. Take a look at this video of pre-nerf C'thun attempt by Death and Taxes for example: youtube.com/watch?v=CYkqw6BjPcw - from contemporary perspective you might ask if they're even trying.

Conversely, more vague claim like "people barely even used consumables" (basically makes the same point, but what counts as "barely using consumables", and what's the source for that claim? you'd go back to the same soruces anyway) or "top guilds were effectively groups of friends and barely organized", never mind ones relating to personal skill, can be more easily argued. Say, even if you point out that world first kill videos show backpeddling keyboard turners, how exactly does that relate to whether a boss like pre-nerf C'thun would be possible or even easy? How much DPS do you lose from keyboard turning? Does it actually truly matter in PVE? Converselym when you point out the absence of even high-priority consumables, it's easy to see exactly how much stats and potential throughput these players are missing: a fuckton, this factor alone being enough to make a difference.

Game is finished.

Attached: 1539851134366.jpg (532x528, 87K)

Stopped reading at zoomers, stop projecting your faggotry everywhere like a woman

Attached: boomerwow.png (678x791, 425K)

Gonna be great to do some dungeons with my favorite real celebrity and dab on all the e-celebs

Attached: 1566237691179m.jpg (576x1024, 99K)

You don't member-berry a goddamn thing about vanilla and that's because your member is poor or you never played it.

When you go on with 'not having gold for repairs, buying ammo, making water for 30 minutes before the raid', you miss why all that was necessary. There was a fight for the soul of this game inside of Blizzard and the wrong side won, but that doesn't mean they got everything they wanted all at once. They couldn't undo what was sown into the fabric of the game before they took hold of it. They had to slowly pull each stitch of that spirit over years whilst replacing it with the Skinner-boxes that would turn self-actualising players into pliable rodents running for treats.

People will find a game next week where they realise it has many things missing, but they don't miss them. They will instead find things they missed and never realised.

stuff like this makes me consider just staying on Pserver

But when skeleton is still there right? I ask because if they removed them I would be 100% sure it would be to please China.

>removing stuff on the version chinese players don't use
>must be cause le evil chinks!
This is your brain on /pol/.

Yeah a lot of things we take for granted with raiding or pvp today are things that would have been seen as extraordinary back in the day. Like even flasking was seen as something done only if you wanted to be top of the line, which most people didn't care that much about most of the time. Now you'd be seen as a loser if you didn't get all the potions and flasks you could use, which is part of why Blizz put limits on potion uses in battles.

It'll be interesting seeing what happens with Classic when you have average raiders feeling they need every potion they can get their hands on for fights and everyone and their mother wanting to do engineering for pvp.

>zoomer who's never played classic WoW trying to call other people zoomers who've never played classic WoW
Nostalrius was huge and this will be huge too
No amount of crying and delusion will change reality

Also bigger realms with the same supply of herbs, at least once layering is turned off.

what do you mean still?
you never stop. it's the same as Boomer, or Millenial. They're just generations, you're born in a generation, and you don't change it.

tl;dr but classic 2.0 will be glorious.

Boomer and Zoomer are mentalities.
If you're 35 but play Fortnite and love Bieber, you're a zoomer.

HUMAN WARLOCK OR GNOME WARLOCK WHICH IS BETTER FUCK

Attached: 1539310199776.png (158x179, 43K)

faggot i was playing dark orbit in those glory days. I just play to laugh on the little ships
>me a zoomer

suck a dick

Human for aethstetics and cozy hidden enclave in the park.
Gnome for a minor stat increase and escape artist.

See that 5% does make a difference in vanilla when most gear is dog shit and escape artist is fresh af, but Humans grind less and still get slightly better regen.

Not sure yet

I think what happened to WoW is related to how they did expansions, like after Vanilla dropped they fired most the staff, then for TBC hired new people, then let most of them go, then hired new staff for WoTLK and so on. There were entirely different groups helping craft the various dungeons, quests, and abilities and so on to help make the game what it was for each expansion.

When a new group came in they probably saw what was popular with other games they'd probably feel the need to try and copy it, like with FF14 getting popular resulting in WoW trying for more cut scenes since FF14 styles its scenes for quests as being like cut scenes.

Though that's something I feel can get adjusted by Blizz just increasing the spawn rate or having it be that when an herb is picked another spawns or whatever.

What server are you playing on, Anonymous?

Most gear also looks kinda shit on a gnome since it's just downscaled to fit the model.
Just ask yourself if the benefits of playing gnome are worth looking at it for your entire leveling and end game.

>paid server transfers
>Xrealm battlegrounds
>No more skeletons left behind when you die
>Layering
>1.12
It's fucked, blizzard couldn't help themselves, they deliberately ruined this to spite the people who wanted vanilla servers in the first place. They know zoomers and fanboys will flock to it anyway.

Having a small ass collision box is also a good perk for a gnome, being able to bob and weave though the nooks and crannies of the environment that tallfags like Nelf and Tauren get stuck on is very satisfying.

should i run a gnome or dwarf warrior with my slut paladin that will be with me 24/7

Attached: 1530301020829.jpg (598x662, 85K)

Whats better for PVE as a Rogue, Undead or Orc? Cannibalize looks convenient for leveling but the Orc racial CD looks like it's a fantastic dps buff.

Attached: f38-1.png (177x235, 93K)

rogue or huntard
Whitemane or Bleumaux

didn't read lol

Attached: 1380124817657.jpg (800x600, 38K)

I’m buying a T1 geared character from a NEET. I’ll still be able to gank zoomers and poopsockers while having a life and gainful employment.

Attached: EE436F0C-F6B8-42DC-910C-3EC818615EF6.png (888x894, 520K)

>convenient for levelling
nigger get first aid and stop fucking around

This reminds me, what professions were worth it? I know Engineering was pretty much mandatory, but what about for the other slot? Would you want Mining to get the mats for all your engineering shit?

engineering is a level60 profession and if you're asking these questions you don't need to worry about it
get to 60 and in the meantime take a crafting prof that will help your class and the fitting gathering prof

retard

Just take herb/mining/skinning to supply me with the materials I need to make bank pleb.

TAUREN.
FERAL.
DRUCHAD.

[Spoiler] And you can't stop me. [/Spoiler]

Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

Attached: 1542821046665.png (293x364, 59K)

I don't mind how gnomes look, I like dun morogh and being small is gay for hiding behind trees and bushes and shit

So you completely missed the point of the meme? Do you think 30 year olds are literally baby boomers?

Making ALOT of assumptions in this post.

The board went to shit as soon as homefags posted 20 threads a day. Classic wow is fortnite for reddit neckbeards you fucking zoomie

wow was always the instant gratification mmo with quest rewards every two minutes you dumb retard.
I cant believe that idiots actually somehow believe that vanilla WoW is hardcore in any sort of way when it has not a single properly punishing mechanic in it.

warlock or priest alt

It’s not hardcore it’s just simple and tedious compared to current mmos.

whenever I try some of those oldfag mmos that are supposedly so much better they are all infinitely simpler and easier than WoW endgame lmao.

oh god I'd love to see retards like you do some modern mythic fights.

I am pretty sure this is for old vanilla players. Everyone else will finish everything in a month, get burned out and leave when they think there is nothing left to do. Vanilla players will instead be enjoying the ride to 60 then setting up vanilla groups.

>playing a MMORPG for "the endgame"
>playing a themepark "M""M"O"RPG" at all
Retarded zoomer, retarded and zoomer.

the raids were fine for the time. they evolved with time, even in vanilla itself there's a huge difference between molten bore, ZG and Naxx mechanically.
its retarded to claim they were the somehow the peak though.

I like to believe that tbc brought out peak raiding enjoyment, but it was probably just me.

For me too, TBC is peak PvE content. They ruined PvP with flying mounts, resilience and arenas, dug their own grave since later people moved to ASSFAGGOTS (same lame instanced combat with few players without the MMO "tedium").

>We have contingency plans in place to bring up additional realms quickly if needed. We may also integrate character transfers (this ultimately became a service in original WoW.)

Attached: 1566177882599.jpg (1025x1080, 342K)

im not reading that shit
fuck u faggot

buff buff buff buff cleanse cleanse buff cleanse buff cleanse buff buff cleanse buff buff buff buff cleanse cleanse buff cleanse buff cleanse buff buff cleanse buff buff buff buff cleanse cleanse buff cleanse buff cleanse buff buff cleanse buff buff buff buff cleanse cleanse buff cleanse buff cleanse buff buff cleanse buff buff buff buff cleanse cleanse buff cleanse buff cleanse buff buff cleanse

Attached: sugar-glider.jpg (1152x980, 160K)