youtu.be/VNoCDrDMnyc
youtu.be/jYM1lkmgIV4
youtu.be/MmlLbf_LmYc
businessinsider.com/microsoft-minecraft-100-year-brand-2016-9
youtube.com/watch?v=sHN7SrzE0vc
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Saturation
i.imgur.com/YMpNaqF.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why couldnt they just make the flying controls make sense. Why do they have to make it as complicated as possible

Ruins how?

It's not flying, it's gliding.

you mean falling with style, right?

REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Phantom.gif (296x271, 860K)

I didn't think this was complicated back in 1996

Attached: WingMario64.gif (207x226, 11K)

THE
OLDEST
ANARCHY
SERVER
IN
MINECRAFT

the man who came up with this needs to be beheaded

Attached: 7e7.jpg (600x516, 65K)

fuck this addition
literally why

>just read up on this
>literally just a time sink there to be annoying when doing large scale building projects or long distance exploration
Why would this be added?

crng

POPBOB

it's fun though, with firework rockets it's really fun to fly around

I fucking hate YouTube recommendations and I hate myself for clicking them.

But that's the most fun part of being in end game. It makes mobility a lot faster and fun, plus I like to use it to fly around and take a look at my in-progress builds from different angles, and quickly get to the top of taller ones without needing to climb a ladder or scaffold.

I don't know what game this is from. But with a graphic style like that, I just know the game was bad to begin with.

>added a fun, intuitive way to traverse the world in a fast and efficient way
>is also completely optional
dumb boomer
can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy

Attached: 1562385297991.jpg (908x345, 61K)

How would you fix minecraft in one update?

FitMc makes videos covering 2b2t, an anarchy Minecraft server

rollback to 1.9

guy is the biggest 2b2t youtube, and has become the very thing he has sworn to destroy

Attached: fitfag.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Thats not the hunger system

but elytra is great

i know who he is, just not why he's so awful. i tried to watch one of his videos but i couldn't fucking stomach his tone and voice

>zoomer pretending to be born pre-2000

He is that one guy you let into the 'no girls allowed' club and about a week later he brings his girlfriend.

dunno I find his voice bearable, he isn't overly loud and wacky like other youtubers

He purposely makes is voice sound dramatic in every video to hyper inflate the importance of whatever he is talking about

>Retards ITT complaining about hunger system

Elytra are the most mechanically enjoyable item in minecraft as far as equipment goes
it's the one time mojang made something that felt fun.

If you are made that it makes minecarts and horses useless, I would say minecarts aren't great for what they try to do in the first place. it's too much of a pain setting them up to go anywhere, too resource intensive, you can't link carts and they break going into unloaded chunks. Minecarts need a LOT of love

Elytra are basically the diamond tier of transport, horses are iron tier (gets the job done if it's all you have) and minecarts are gold tier (flashy and cool, but useless and the resources are probably better spent in other ways)

>Retards
>Only one guy complaining.

should have made a coal-fueled steampunk suit. Then balance it by deciding how much coal it needs.

you can use rockets to fly forever

because the developers are clearly retarded

makes some shitty 10:05 video about some shit he found on 2b2t or some long drawn out story about some other non interesting shit on 2b2t hes so scummy the trouble with these fuck head youtubers who make these videos is yeah i know you have to make you 10mins vids to get the money but dont drag out 2 mins worth of content for 10 mins make 10 mins worth of fucking conent you fucking cunt cock sucking faggot fuicking retarde4d twat cunt fucking SHIT EATING FDAGGOT ASS RETARDED CUM EATING CUUUUNT!!!!!!!!

what about boats on ice

That's goddamn autistic doesnt fit in with the feel of the game

>ruins every body of water

Attached: Drowned.png (150x256, 27K)

Boats on ice are also fun.
Unless you get ultra autistic and make an ice path machine, it might be hard to get use out of them outside of frozen rivers though.
I'd put this in redstone tier, a thing people can dick around with but only the true redstone autist will fully appreciate it.

Steampunk fits right in. In fact, it's perfect. These wings feel way more "fantasy" related, while steampunk is being used in both fantasy settings AND more modern settings.

No it fucking doesnt. Theres no steampunk shit in minecraft. theres way more light fantasy shit

How do the wings feel like fantasy when it is just insect wings with a different name?

just fucking make them drop useful shit like emeralds or an ass-ton of XP and it wouldn't be so fucking absurd to include

as they currently exist they are just a fucking nuisance

>you need membranes to fix the elytra
fucking retarded but thank god for mending.

>According to the illustrations in Mobestiary, the Iron Golem may in fact be a machine.
This is interesting to note, as the original inspiration for the Iron Golem were machines.

That wouldn't work because most intractable objects in Minecraft have a sorta minimalist approach (exept maybe for some redstone objects)
>crafting table you can make things with
>furnace you can smelt/cook things
>shulker box is a portable chest
>Elytra is a gliding tool

>A steam punk suit that you can fly around in but in needs coal.

The last one just doesn't fit

rollback to 1.7, remove hunger, make some of the mods official

That's not really much of an issue. What is an issue is that you can only repair a finite amount of times, yet the supply of elytra is so small compared to most other equipment.

When did you join minecraft Yea Forums?

Attached: fz2lgt15czc21.png (764x1230, 289K)

They feel fantasy and that doesn't fit in to you?
In a game with zombies, giant spiders, magic potions, enchantments, exploding shrubbery-creatures and tall teleporting things from another dimension that you get to by jumping through a portal you open by stuffing eyeballs into reticles?

Minecraft is light fantasy as fuck. Nothing in the game feels steampunky mechanical, even things that ARE mechanical. Pistons are chunks of rock with wood being pushed by magic red dust. Hoppers are just funnels. there's no pipes. wires are more of that red dust.

Its the ones with tridents that suck

Right here if I recall.

Attached: file.png (53x88, 2K)

one of the later alphas or first beta

Trains

How about all the coal? It's practically useless but made to accomidate future steampunk stuff

Beta 1.5-1.6

Indev. Maybe earlier, I remember the in-browser Survival Test and creative multiplayer that was 10fps and foggier than Silent Hill but those were up for a while afterward

>practically useless
it's used for smelting, crafting for lighting, and can be made into an aesthetic block.
There are many things in minecraft that don't have as many uses.

They could have given us shit like hot air balloons, flying airships or other similar shit, but nah.

>wanting "it's a boat but now it's in the air" over the ability to fly and dive and swoop
>wanting more serverside reliant riding entities

>Coal is practically useless
It's used for lighting and smelting, never anything with steam power. The closest thing to what you're talking about are Furnace Minecarts which suck ass and have always been outclassed by either glitched minecart "trains" or redstone rails.
You get more coal than you'll never need but it's still easily one of the most practical resources in the game. Nobody's doing all their lighting with glowstone or smelting with lava or kelp unless they're doing some autistic challenge run.

Elytras are based, they make building and transport so much easier

Wow, they really don't add much considering it's the most popular game ever made.

Most of the appeal has been there from the first year or two
The last two updates have been pretty substantial though and the next one should be too, I think they're supposed to be revamping combat again to be more like it used to be.

survival test back in high school

>ANOTHER update wasted on fucking combat mechanics
fuck off

But we've moved beyond the shitstorm that is Java. Isn't the code base in C++ now for bedrock edition?

Fuck the combat. I'm also mad as fuck they specifically said 1.15 won't be a cave update even though they've been neglected for years

beta 1.3 for me, still play to this day.

Attached: 7purax4j9f631.png (792x767, 441K)

>bedrock
hehehe

Am I missing something?

alpha 1.0

this

we don't need more fucking combat updates, it's minecraft the combat should stay simple. What we need is a god damn cave update.

bedrock version has c++ us Pc players have to stick with javshit

5 year old bugs unpached to this day
the very same piston+chest still works

Windows 10 edition is bedrock edition you mongoloid

1.2.5, 2012.

Anyone know what changes to combat they are doing?
I was actually in favor of the last combat change. It's not ideal by a longshot, it's better than the spamclick garbage it was before where even hoards of enemies coming after you posed no threat because you could just wiggle the cursor and slap them all for full damage while backpedalling.
Also offhand is a legitimately good addition, especially for things outside of combat, like cave diving and building.

There was a mod called Mo Bends that gave minecraft better animations, paired with the shoulder surfing mod, it actually made combat have a fun feel to it compared to minecraft's spasmodic arm flail attacks.

Yes but both editions behave differently and honestly I prefer Java edition even if the engine is shit

The only people that want the spamfest pre 1.9 combat back are the same people that play minecraft competitively. Pre 1.9 was boring spam clicks. The new combat snapshot released on reddit by jeb's seems interesting.

Some time after the nether and before Beta. But I've played classic for a while before that.

If it wasnt for lack of modding and inconsistent redstone I would probably play windows 10 edition.

explain to me how this ruins the game.

I seriously hate this mob, and think there should be a menu option specifically to disable this mob

>today
>January 2019
WHY DOES THIS FEEL LIKE FOREVER AGO FUCK TIME STOP ALREADY

I really don't miss that. The meta with fishing rod switching was especially garbage.

They need to back patch the game so fishing rods cant hook players that shit is the worst fucking addition made to this game.

>1.15 is an upcoming major update with no set release date. The theme for this update is currently unknown and will be announced at MINECON Live 2019 (September 28, 2019). It will not focus on caves. This update will add functionality to smithing tables and fletching tables, though the exact usage of these blocks has not been announced. It will also focus on quality and performance improvements.
>The combat system is planned to be reworked in a future update, keeping the cooldown but only allowing the player to attack when fully charged. It is not known yet when those changes will be made, as they are developed in parallel to other features and will make it into the game "when they're good enough". The update in which they are included will also not be a combat-themed update.
They're not going to waste a whole update on combat again, and there are plans for a cave update in the future, it's just not going to be 1.15.

There's a "changelog" on the wiki but none of it is final yet, they're definitely moving in the right direction. No more spamclicking or needing to jump-attack, you can just hold M1 down and two-shot most mobs before they can fight back with an enchanted diamond sword.
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_Combat_Tests
If you want to get the best feel for it look up videos or download a snapshot yourself.

>being an adult playing minecraft when wurm exists
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=r3hDIajW_WA

this shit looks and plays like a bad mod
fuck microsoft

Attached: PL9[1].jpg (748x421, 297K)

Alpha 1.1

I wish literally anyone else was still developing this Minecraft. There's no way these updates should take this long for how little content is provided in them.

>over 10 years ago already...

Attached: TooOldForThis.png (1108x384, 76K)

Alpha 1.1
I don't play anything after Beta 1.7

Attached: 1544202880734.png (443x455, 129K)

>one of the best selling games of all time
>a singular update that adds 3 things per year
Meanwhile Wurm is still regularly updated with more frequency and content. LOL.

Attached: de19838facd9a69ba3258f3019ee3f86911b7ffbd1fce40f0b7aadf96564265e.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

I will never understand why people have so much trouble figuring out the elytra every time.

alpha 1.1
It's been quite a ride.

>try to be a badass
>end up embarrassing yourself with your hot opinions

why is 1.14 so SOULFUL bros? I played it after having not played since 1.12, and it's was so much fun just to explore and find new things. It's a shame that it seems there are problems with mods and forge on 1.14

Begone microshit shill.

Whoever voted for this fucking thing in the contest can fuck right off

I'm not talking about the shitty bedrock edition, I'm talking about the java one. It had been so long since it was fun just to wander the world in vanilla. And things like treasure maps and shipwrecks make it actually worth it to wander off

Beta 1.2, I remember when beds seemed new and weird. God, was that really 8 years ago?

The Elytra was so bad some guy felt the need to create his own mod so the game could have a proper, functioning glider. I like to complain about Gamefreak's laziness but Mojang takes things to a completely different level.

how do I get better at building?
I've already done a lot of stuff in the game like villages, mansions, etc but I kind of suck at making interesting looking stuff
pic related is my shit looking base

Attached: 1552738893579.png (1366x705, 533K)

Too bad everything in wurm still looks like shit

Early Beta. I distinctly remember when Wolves came out. I thought it was awesome how they had an animation for drying their fur.
I think I remember the Nether update, but I can't be sure.

steampunk is such a dumbass setting i dont even know how it started
>hey what if steam technology was expanded upon?
then it would be just what we have now. everything still fucking runs off steam. how do you think nuclear power plants work?

1.3 I think, because I remember a time when anvils were new. I played mostly on the Xbox first though.

As opposed to minecraft? Compared to the shit show that is minecraft, wurm looks incredible. Only people who disagree are paid shills and children.

Attached: e37657abbcc75f9ef1b85d92e87b88681ce699e0e4d088e6a0cf9617435dd6b0.jpg (1920x1080, 573K)

Attached: when did you join.png (154x69, 3K)

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/2wVP0goJQqPEJX1tiOUnqQ/

>Use slabs and stairs and use different type of stone like Smooth and granite diorite andesite

ALPHA 1.0 REPORTING FOR DUTY

the beauty of minecraft is that everyone has their own unique designs, no matter how simple or detailed. your design is beautiful

Holy shit bros!!!! Someone likes a game!!!! Call the police!!!!!!!!

Attached: 2e99623f35f258370b5f9cea0c78d3e56b6f06da5ad10b63aa876594a38feb83.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

WHEN IS MY FUCKING CAVE UPDATE HOLY SHIT LITERALLY NOBODY CARED ABOUT VILLAGES, YET CAVES ARE A MAJOR PART OF THE GAME AND HAVE BEEN THE FUCKING SAME BORING SHIT SINCE DAY 1.

Attached: spongebob screaming.jpg (480x360, 16K)

I keep getting roped into increasingly difficult raids because I get cursed with another from killing the first.

beta 1.3
I remember being super hyped for beta 1.5 because the weather made the game look 100x more comfier

I can't help but cringe whenever I see a youtuber use one

Either 0.31 or alpha 1.1

Vary your building material, accent stone with wood, have more than one layer to your exterior.
If you want a nice-looking base but aren't confident you can make a nice big thing, just have a smaller one-story thing above ground and carve out the rest of it underneath. Interior design is easier, since your scope is more limited and you have to consider your practical space to work with.

>He doesn't play on servers with flying granted to long-term players

>watching youtubers play minecraft
begone microshit shill. This is an over 18 board.

you need more block variety user, and fun building shapes. add towers on either side, or the corners, and make each floor a different size. at the very least, frame your rectangles in a different block than the walls, and make slanted roofs. those are just the basic tips, I'm still a bit of a buildlet even after 7 years.

Attached: Sources.png (500x488, 16K)

drink milk

The survival test got posted up on here but I literally can't remember anything from it, I basically forgot it existed until threads started cropping up again for the actual alpha.

This. Powered Rails were a mistake, takes all the fun out of building minecart tracks. They should have instead added a high-speed train which can link up to around 8 minecarts, the more furnace minecarts attached, the higher top speed.

Okay thanks, so I'll add small towers on the corners and try to make the edges out of a wood material? Do I use planks or try to use logs?

Why did they have to add these fuckers again? They just seem like a cheap enemy to fuck with the player. Literally most other mobs are more balanced than this piece of shit.

Attached: stop spamming awww man.png (150x306, 40K)

awww man

fuck off back to where you came from

im from here!

Read file name

Creeper?
awww man

>Remove Hunger
Why would you make the game worse?

I only posted it because of your filename

you're not if you're spamming reddit memes

Typically you'd use logs for something like the corners of a building or highlighting a section of wall, like around a window opening. For most other things you'd use planks, or specifically the blocks you can make from them, like slabs and stairs.

lungs? wtf am i looking at?

BIOME

Gosh, the modern era of Minecraft sure has a good amount of gaps. Why DOES it take such a considerable amount of time for updates, anyway?

Who'd win a fight in the "Worst enemy in the game" award?
Phantoms, or these annoying fuckers?

Attached: Skeleton.png (574x1024, 66K)

There's a gorillion mods that do flight better. OpenBlocks has the hang glider and (if you like being assraped to death constantly by bullshit enemies that spawn in for literally anything you do) the lycanite mobs has mounts that can fly, hover, or jump like Yao Ming, and both of those are way better than OP's gay item.

Beta 1.5

>Mob variety
>Bad

Just use a shield

Minecarts need to be able to be used in resource transport chains, and need to be able to deploy their own carts even if at a slower pace. We need auto-mining contraptions or some shit.

mojang confirmed an option to disable individual mob spawning in 1.15

How many wood pillars should I put around the top layer on my tower? The bottom layer is 15 blocks across, while the top is 23.
I would have liked to do 12 pillars but that would be uneven at 23 blocks. I like how the walls on the lower layer look but I'm not sure how to scale it up here.

Attached: 35.png (2498x1417, 1.43M)

Probably multiplayer test, back when the game was a bunch of small worlds you couldn't move further away from than a small box.

I remember vertical shaft servers. They were amazing... and also soon after gone.

Phantoms by far
>phantoms spend most of their time unable to be hit
>spawn as a punishment mechanic
>their drop's main purpose is repairing elytra, something anyone semicompetant doesn't need since mending exists
>alternatively used for a slow fall potion. Dubious use at best

Baby zombies

>eats steak every 10 minutes
Wow an engaging mechanic truly hunger isn't gay

Attached: file.png (418x68, 4K)

Slow fall is great for the first Ender Dragon but it's also pretty worthless once you have an Elytra

I've removed this guys workstation days ago and he's still selling this shit. I've tried everything from moving him to placing another workbench but nothing is working. Any advice?

Attached: 1538591691207.png (1366x705, 164K)

God I hate the fuckers with fishing rods

But honestly I wish they wouldn't just act like zombies and instead just sneak up to you from the depths of the seas and just drag you under like the opposite of that one enemy in half life.

>I been with minecraft for 9 years

Attached: 108510851085.jpg (933x715, 86K)

Combat update is the only thing that irritates me. Swinging mechanic never needed to be added, spam attacking was just fine.
CaveFag btw, Older than 90% of the idiots ITT. Still don’t know why I was so interested in that damn demo... Glad I stuck around, even to this day.
Elytras are nice.

Attached: 8877DCEB-6232-44DA-AF53-D6F1E095044D.jpg (820x917, 223K)

Shield and/or a dog makes them trivial. Free fertilizer and ammo.

>just not why he's so awful
It's 2b2t, people are gonna see him as a shitbag regardless of whatever from that community. You could argue he's making monetization money off of other people's work in an old ass minecraft server, but that's about the only reasonable hate you could make towards the guy. Everything else is typical 2b2t/youtuber hatred.

This is why you don't let your community run your game.

>have the chance to make some under water sea monster
>lets just re-skin zombies

holy fuck they're lazy.

>NEW BAD OLD GOOD

I actually think the swing mechanic is interesting.
but it really needs to be explained more, took me forever to figure out the sword icon indicated range.

I would put pillars in every other edge

>ends a 7 year long minecraft campaign

This. baby zombies are text book artificial difficulty.

Just use ticon katana if you want proper spam attack back

what

Combat in Minecraft is fucking shit. It needs to be reworked or done away with entirely.

>Doesn't want to survive in a survival game with survival mechanics on survival mode
>Prefers a shitty broken healing system

A reminder that a baby zombie is the reason why this happened

if you drink milk the pillagers won't attack the village

drinking milk from buckets removes status effects

Joined back when MC was browser only with very few mechanics and any donation was accepted. I had been playing with Notch on infiniminer and when he was posting in DF threads and on Yea Forums
>donated five bucks and got the game

youtube.com/watch?v=ejyHKroxLTk

Multiplayer test.
I was around to witness infinitely-filling water that would utterly wreck anything built below the waterline.

>breed cows
>64 steaks to last forever
>grow wheat
>64 bread to last forever
You started after 1.0 release.

How do you all feel about mods? What kind are your favorite and why? How do you keep from feeling overwhelmed with particularly large/complex mods?

Attached: 1545262239438.jpg (1248x902, 271K)

How wise is it to let a friend of a friend into your minecraft realm?

whys he look so laggy lol.

>Building structures to facilitate progress and to help survival
And yeah i'm not the kinda faggot who buys games that aren't released

Attached: 53FC9919-3879-4471-8FF5-84D8AFB1BC8C.jpg (121x50, 5K)

The bad luck is insane, but holy shit that's just absolute bullshit.

Why is there always a wurm nigger in these threads

Fucking this
>YouTube recommends me a Minecraft news update video
>"HHEEEEEEYYYYY YOU EPIC G-G-GUYS"
>*camera shake*
>*toggles rapidly between 1st and 3rd pov*
>*more camera shake*
>"AND TODAY WERE GOING TO BE LOOKING AT-"
So fucking obnoxious
FitMC may be a little overdramatic but it could be a lot worse.

Redstone

It's one guy

Thanks, 1994 Animated Series "Gargoyles"

I feel like mods are potentially really cool, but so far I haven't found much I like.
>most modpacks have tinker's, which is maximum cancer for multiplayer since it's hilariously unbalanced
>thaumcraft 6 is cool as fuck and also pretty balanced, but also unfinished with no dev
>astral sorcery is cool conceptually, but unbalanced, unfinished and all the particle effects are generally ugly
>touhou mods were cool, but are all dead
>crucial is a modpack full of really cool vanilla+ stuff, but the creator is an autist and disabled half the things in it, not to mention that botania is maybe the grindiest shitfest in any mod ever
Like, fuck, I just want some relatively balanced, cool looking Vanilla+++ shit.

Biggest problem I have with the elytra is that my computer can't generate the chunks fast enough when going long distances

Beta 1.0

Yo, it didn't look this bad on paper.
Flying mosters are a cool idea. Nobody knew it was gonna be this shit.

Zoomer le boomer

Rollback to 0.0.17
Last good version, literally everything went downhill from there

Beta 1.3, played until 1.2 and just came back last week

>we need a water mob...
>ZOMBIES!

Where is my boat biting megaladon? Or ink shooting giant squid that blinds you?

Farming and armor

I wish we could have proper trains in Minecraft.

Attached: MineTrain.png (800x400, 105K)

>just wanna look up Minecraft mods to add more content to my game and see whats right for me
>every single fucking YouTuber who does mod reviews is like this
>they don’t even leave the mod in the fucking description
YOU MOTHER FUCKERS

>2014 nothing happens sept one update
>2015 nothing happens
>sporadic updates

So was microsoft buyout good or bad?

this and for boats.

everything about the villages feels retarded, not only do they spoil the lonely feeling Minecraft used to have but they look and sound retarded

>0.30
Seeing how little there are others like me makes me a bit sad given it was Yea Forums related threads server shenanigans back then, all those people have moved on save for few stragglers.
This glass tower holds a special memory in my heart since I actually showed it to my mom thinking it was impressive back then, and being one of the few last things I did manage to show her before she died few years later.

Attached: glass down view - Copy.png (1280x1024, 826K)

Hardcore Darkness is gutter trash, nobody should ever have it enabled
Ticon is pretty much essential at this point, armor add-on too but the designs are bad
Lycanite Mobs is very divisive because enemies will pop up for anything you do (chop a tree, mine, break tall grass) and most of them just completely destroy you if you didnt rush a full diamond set but the mounts and pets it adds is pretty fun
Twilight Forest is still not finished despite being one of my favorites

The real problem with mods is that rarely are they compatible with the latest version, usually never backports new features to earlier versions, and wanting to make a decent modpack is gonna be a long week of compromises and manual editing of individual mod settings. The biggest issue is doing a modpack for a server, if you don't just run your own the majority of third party hosts don't allow custom packs and when you start putting huge modpacks up they tend to fuck up your server's stability as well as increase bandwidth demands, and Minecraft is extremely shitty when it comes to those last two points.

1.7 2011 and proud

Why are people so mad that they made an enemy that you can't just build away from?

Attached: 8f3e537a5091d04fb9e79b478d32b081646b7c98_hq.jpg (1024x1023, 92K)

Aw, I'm sorry user. I'm glad that made you happy.

would be cool if the chunks actually loaded

Alpha 1.1

I remember looting a zombie dungeon in the desert, and then creating a castle that aggro'd mobs into a death moat. For some reason it felt like the mobs were actually dangerous, coming from far away, trying to kill me.

>using ticon
>literally "go to the nether to active creative mode: the mod"
fuck no

But you can, like an Enderman you can just walk under a 2 block tall overhang and they don't know what to do. They're even easier to kill because if they dive you anyway they'll get trapped.

Because the game is about building.
its like making an enemy in a shooter that you can't just shoot, and actually punishes you for shooting. (phantoms punish you for spending a long time building)

Should have used the water.

In 1.13, Mojang decided keeping up singleplayer was too hard, so now singleplayer just hosts a server internally that you connect to.
The internal server was easily one of the worst decisions ever made from a player experience perspective, because now you get all the fun of extreme rubberbanding and entity prediction errors without actually being on a multiplayer server.
Let this clip also be a lesson as to why you never put fire aspect on a sword.

>Lycanite Mobs
I honestly want to download it it but holy fuck I hate how all the enemies don’t look blocky enough, like they were ripped from a different game.
My autism wouldn’t allow me to enjoy that shit.

>In 1.13, Mojang decided keeping up singleplayer was too hard, so now singleplayer just hosts a server internally that you connect to.

I....
don't understand.

>1.14 adds grindstones to remove enchantments
>can't pick and choose which enchantments to remove if you get shit like fire/knockback/bane of arthropods, it's all or nothing
>can't remove Curses
What's the fucking point

When you start a minecraft singleplayer world, you're actually starting a private server hosted on your computer, that the game then communicates with. Because of this, the server and client may come into conflict like a regular multiplayer server. This leads to lag behavior like rubber-banding, server hangups, etc that are reminiscent of an actual multiplayer server.

>Because the game is about building.
So should they also remove creepers because they can blow up your buildings? Who builds for 3 whole minecraft days anyway?

Kinda his fault when you re-watch the footage.

at :20 you can see that he has a totem and decides not to equip it.He also has Elytra equipped underground for some reason. He knew a spider was chasing him (which is one of the fastest mobs) so he decides to stand still and eat.

sucks that he died but he was too cocky

Attached: why.png (723x670, 526K)

Creepers destroy and force you to rebuild. Which circles around building.
Same with enderbro.

I think you missed the point entirely.
Creepers are like enemies that shoot you in an FPS, and force you to shoot them back.

Singleplayer was written in a way that made it difficult to port feature additions/bug fixes to, so they shitcanned it entirely. It was basically a whole different game compared to MPcraft.

wasn't that in 1.3?

Is this what they refer to in regards to Notch's spaghetti code?

Beta 1.5
8 years of friends and fun
the dude who got me into Minecraft is a tranny now.... it hurts what’s happening in this world

I first got it when the halloween update came out. I think I stopped sometime keeping up with it completely after 1.8. I don't recognize anything in this thread

Attached: 1470366157606.jpg (189x189, 32K)

The same could be said for phantoms.

You can use light and build a contained safe area to deal with most hostile mob spawns indefinitely.
You can't ever make an area safe from phantoms. They actively force the player to keep devoting attention to them indefinitely. Even if it's a relatively minor inconvenience to keep a bed on you, it's bad design. If you don't WANT to sleep a night away while you're outside (like if you're fishing during a thunderstorm) you're just forced to waste a few minutes a night dealing with swarms of the assholes since they don't even have the decency to only spawn once a night. If you're working on an autistic megaproject like that Japanese guy who's building a million-block bridge I'd imagine it's even more obnoxious.

Just before the Halloween update. Man, it was so long ago. Then it didn't take long for mods to start coming out. I remember manually creating packs and trying to shove as many as possible, since certain ones would overright other classes. Piston mod became a must have.

You're right, finger slipped. Too used to complaining about all the server lag in 1.13/1.14.

The first post lists problems that are always present in any server/client communication, only now it's more noticeable than ever since the recent versions introduced extreme chunk loading problems, random server hangs, and a memory leak. The original singleplayer was all Notch's spaghetti though.

Here, have a timeline of when minecraft was good and when it went to shit. I started playing in 0.31

Attached: minecraft.png (764x1230, 268K)

Creepers don't actually prevent you from building for long periods of time. They just require you to build again.

Phantoms PUNISH you for building.

One encourages building
The other prevents building.

I joined during Beta 1.6
>The adventure update was 8 years ago
damn

Skeletons are the only remotely challenging mob in the game besides blazes and the dragon. They all force you to actually dodge attacks you can see coming at you. Meanwhile the zombie and its clones just lurch forward slowly at you and you spam LMB until they die. And the creeper either dies like a bitch or blows you up, no in between.

Shields made skeles a joke though sadly.

Just carrying a bed with you dude. Phantoms aren't even that hard to kill, especially since they add crossbows.

I love the concept of mods but making your own modpack takes out of lot of the fun, and most modpacks are garbage autism factory shit

Mods with exploration and magic are my favorites, but modpacks based around these seem to be the least stable and run extremely poor

It was beaten out because fans thought phantoms were a good idea

>tfw made a Pillager raid farm
>tfw get so rich that you just use Totems of Undying to get down from high places

That's not the problem. Annoying problems with simple solutions shouldn't exist. They serve no purpose. If you say they're an enemy that makes things challenging, their existance is countered by you ignoring content.

>mob reskin good
Look up the other mobs that lost to the phantoms then you’ll see good mob variant concepts

>yeah fuck you for staying up haha

>just skip night bro
>just carry food bro
or, or... You could not add pointless tedium mechanics to what was already a good game.

NEW DIMENSION FUCKING WHEN? I JUST WANT A NEW FUCKING DIMENSION TO EXPLORE MOJANG YOU FUCKING NIGGERS!

Xbox 360 Edition TU1

update the fucking nether first

Attached: 1562945618819.jpg (624x642, 62K)

Wait you said about Mine carts shows you’re retarded

If you are a dwarfy asshole, they aren't a problem

But it's another chore mechanic like eating.
Don't eat steak every 5 minutes? enjoy being slow
Don't sleep every 3 days? Enjoy hearing annoying gasping sounds while you do shit until you either sleep or go upstairs/outside and kill some annoying cunts that kite you for minutes on end

They are REALLY boring to fight, and if you are exploring outside at night for a long time, unless you bring a bed, you are just going ot have this annoying "i'm not touching you :) i'm not touching you :))))" mob swooping in at you every 5 minutes after you've forgotten about them pushing you off a cliff or some shit

There were mob concepts they had that sounded WAY better that didn't get added because people voted or this cliff racer tier mob, too.

Give the Nether more content and make the End look less hideous first

>Foodnigger
Aw so you are retarded

very early alpha, redstone was new and the halloween update was the beginning of the end

Why doesn't Yea Forums just make a modpack that fixes Minecraft? Design it after 1.7 beta and just keep the good features from later like hoppers and enchanting. Just splice the End with some other mod to make it actually good, give it more blocks and make it more alien. Slap in some other mods that don't feel completely out of place in vanilla, like adding copper/tin and other ores. Maybe a cave dimension between the overworld and the nether. Yea Forumscraft when? The vanilla game is a lost cause. It started here, we can fix it here.

Attached: thkingen.png (680x680, 59K)

Literally all I want from phantoms is to have their purpose inverted. You get phantoms who interrupt your ability to sleep when you sleep too much, they're "nightmares", not symptoms of sleep deprivation..

I'm convinced people who think hunger is that debilitating have not actually played the game since beta 1.7 (or sprint jump everywhere when they don't have the food to sustain it like retards)

>There were mob concepts they had that sounded WAY better that didn't get added because people voted or this cliff racer tier mob

Don't put blame on the people who voted for it, it won because it was a flying mob, something the game had a lack of. No one was told about the stupid insomnia mechanic and there's no reason why Mojang couldn't have implemented the other three mobs eventually either.

>Yea Forums
>creating anything besides wojak edits

this holy fucking shit its so obvious.
>get punished for skipping the game

Hell make it so they only appear during daytime.

the purposes of minecarts:
>fast travel
First this was nerfed when boosters were removed. Then Horses were introduced which are faster and require no effort, so no need for minecarts.
>moving chests
shulker boxes invalidate this
>automated/movable storage
Invalidated by pistons etc.

The only actual use for minecarts right now is a glitch that lets you use them as an elevator. Actually I don't know if even that is still in, I don't play meme versions
It's fucking sad considering they were such a big part of minecraft when it was good.

Why even have mobs then? they just become irrelevant when you build a base.

Hunger is a non issue which is why its retarded. Once you start a farm you will never go hungry. It basically just fills your backpack with extra food.

>Why doesn't Yea Forums just
Nobody on this god awful board can agree on what exactly went wrong, let alone make a pack to fix it. I guarantee not a single person knows how to make mods either.

Because that's the entire point?

honestly though, I think zombies should wack doors and there should be more sentry like stuff and traps you can build.

Dont forget
>Yea Forums
>created minecraft

Uh, sorry bro, but you don't know who you're talking to. I once edited two lines in a java class to make two mods compatible, so... you'd better watch yourself faggot.

I made a texture pack for this game when I was in high school :) it was bad

You have literal brain damage if you think flying mobs in Minecraft are good
Before this update we had many examples where they’re just shit to deal with
>ghast
>blazes
>the enderdragon
>the wither
>vexes or hexes?
Especially for loot drops
My blocky boy lost

honestly just let minecarts connect and make em go way faster
easy fix if you also add a few more minecarts and some new rail types

Alpha 1.2, bitches.
No, they're definitely a "night" mob. They fit the night aesthetic very well. Plus, having them interrupt sleep rather than just spawn in the morning when you sleep feels incongruous. They shouldn't happen every time you sleep, only if you sleep, say, three nights out of ten or some other ratio, and every time afterward. The night-skip gets aborted halfway through by phantoms- "nightmares"- and maybe they crank up regular mob spawns in a radius around them too.

Why is shit like this still popular?

I thought the hub server fad would die years ago but they're still the top visited servers rather than actual good servers

Attached: 2014-10-27_1456598272399.jpg (640x339, 60K)

Holy shit man you are a real faggot
Have you even played the game since 1.5?

its kind of funny in retrospect.

>No one was told about the stupid insomnia mechanic
Yes they fucking did you retard
youtu.be/VNoCDrDMnyc

because there are millions of literal children, like ages 4 and up, who only have Minecraft and just play on the first and most colorful server they can find.

people love minigames in any game
at least until the autistic sperglord has a meltdown and permanently shuts down the server, never to arise again

The phantom was clearly designed to be a gliding melee mob as opposed to:
> giant floaty shooty cube
> small shooty floaty cube
> big boss that's impractical to engage in melee
> big boss that's impractical to engage in melee
Most peoples' issues with Minecraft's flying mob suite was that none of them actually felt like they were "flying", they all just felt like they were sometimes out of reach arbitrarily because of what amounted to levitation. Phantoms looked like the fix.

yeah modded 1.8 is probably my favorite version. But as far as the vanilla game goes its soul died in 2012. I always play the new update when it comes out, but it's really like watching an old friend grow up and get hooked on opioids and ruin their life. I don't even know what this game is anymore

Instant gratification is like crack for the 10 year olds that play public servers.

> he's salty about wolves
Hey, don't you have to go bitch about Forge or something?

maybe. Actually would be neet if you just wake up and only phantoms appear. Then if they touch you you get transported to some nightmare bullshit. Could have the nightmares give you immediate gear and teach you how to fight mobs.

but that's a little crazy.

>EATING BAD INFINITE HEALTH AND SPRINT GOOD
fuck off retard

I wish they could go faster but then you run into the problem with the world loading fast enough to keep up a problem made worse on multiplayer. Railcraft does cart linking well, would be nice to see it in vanilla.

>You should vote for B because there are no flying monsters

I WONDER WHY

>INFINITE HEALTH AND SPRINT GOOD

Who said infinite health is good?
>being able to run around quickly is bad
?

>I wanna build without monsters bothering me!

Attached: hqdefault (3).png (479x359, 137K)

Maybe have them inflict blindness and slow time while they're alive. You have to kill them or they'll not only keep bothering you, but the night will take forever to end so you can't skip night the old fashioned way by hiding either.

So then build a phantom proof base or do as suggests

(you) did
and infinite sprint is shit because it ruins any threat mobs could actually have

>C actually adds a useful feature

I wrote the second post you linked
It's not debilitating, it's a chore
Food is literally everywhere, there is no problem having unlimited food. You can make a chicken cooker on day one i'm assuming.

So what does it mean when you have a survival mechanic that is a non issue? it becomes something you just have to do as upkeep. It's the same as someone unplugging your controller when playing something like mario because "mario has to catch his breath every so often. don't worry, you die while this happens, all the enemies stop moving when mario's relaxing, but you have to do it"

I don't mind the concept of hunger, it's just done really poorly right now.

Also

The game's hunger system right now is basically infinite health. You regenerate quick, and a steak farm keeps you at maximum saturation as long as you wait to eat, plus with diamond armor, HP is almost never an issue.

Minecraft being survival is a joke, it's almost impossible to die after a while.

What are those white blocks? Just snow? I don't use the new textures.

could be iron or quartz

Blocks of iron, it's hard to tell since it's blurry

nigger opinion, I shouldn't have to turn off half of the game because there is 1 (ONE) shit enemy that will fucking plow you off your towers while you build them

Those are blocks of iron, they've had that texture for years.

>build a base that ignores content, or go to sleep and ignore the content
>basically just don't play with the content in the game

sounds like they should just remove it.

>mob A a unique mob that could make traveling in the ocean depths more interesting than zombie reskins that may have retarded items
>mob C could changed the way you re-enchant things and be a cool block mimic
>mob D could have gave more reason to travel the nether and was also a cool flying mob

BUT DUDE FLYING ENEMIES INNTHE OVERWORLD THAT ARE HUGE MOTIVATIONS TO NOT TRAVEL OR BUILD FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME IS A GREAT IDEA FORGET ABOUT INSOMNIA HUNTERS LOK

>that's a nice strip mine you got there\
>would be a shame of somebody fucked that up

Attached: Gravel.png (300x300, 12K)

Now I see it

Attached: hqdefault (4).png (480x360, 118K)

Skeletons can aim and hit you even if you sprint.
Zombies swarm you when you get in tight areas.
Creepers get you when you focus on something

I don't listen to people that cheat on their wife.

>playing multiplayer
>building my shit
>these things spawn
>tell friend to sleep
>"can't man I'm fucking miles away from anything"
>have to deal with this
shit
tier
enemy
remove
it
niggers

Needs a loli edit.

>if you don’t want to clean your fingernails just cut off your hands bro

>oh what's that you were playing the game?
>yeah sorry you gotta go back to your bed and skip night now
>yeaaah sorry about that yeah see you were having too much fun for too long, it would be unbalanced if we didn't interrupt that
>yeah fuck you by the way the other 3 mobs are dead forever

I pretty much only ever played during 1.2

I only remember to era because I remember 1.3 was when they merged the singleplayer and multiplayer code.

He didn’t though
youtu.be/jYM1lkmgIV4

YOU JUST HAVE TO BE IN BED FOR A SECOND AND IT TURNS OFF PHANTOMS
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO ACTUALLY SKIP THE NIGHT, EVEN IF YOU'RE IN SINGLEPLAYER

It's still a shit mechanic, why even have them in the first place?

If they're that easy to skip why introduce the tedium at all
just make them a normal flying enemy not a punishment for playing the game

>dude just reset your spawn every hour
good game design thanks

>want to play Beta 1.7.3 again
>there are literally no working FoV mods
>find one version of optifine that supposedly has an FoV slider
>it only works in multiplayer for some reason
Fuck sake lads I just want to revisit the glory days without tunnel vision. Best I could find was a modpack called New Frontier Craft which actually adds some cool shit to 1.7.3

Incorrect, in fact even if you're playing with 4 people and 1 person leaves the server because they can't sleep at that moment and 3 people sleep, the little fuckers will still spawn the next night because of the one person who didn't sleep even when they were not in the server.

>introduce a mechanic where an annoying bee will chase you and make REALLY loud noises if you're carrying a flower
>doesn't hurt you its just really loud
>stops chasing you if you drop all flowers in your inventory
>Lol bro just turn off your sound / drop the flowers

Hire me microsoft.

Making something annoying easy to deal with just makes them more annoying. Phantoms were a fucking mind boggling stupid idea.

WTF GUYS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO FIND MATERIALS AND MAKE A SWORD TO KILL A CREEPER! THATS TEDIOUS! THEY SHOULD JUST REMOVE CREEPERS!

Attached: 5a52ff3119925dd5a84c2be04924d18bf69eeecc_hq.gif (500x282, 289K)

>point of the game is to build in the morning defend against mobs at night
>lol playing the game is just like avoiding 50% of the content

unless this is hunger user.
In that case
>lol filling up an inventory slot with food is really fun and interesting

fuck

Attached: 1542195714240.png (612x808, 770K)

I agree hunger (Like most of the games mechanics) needs to be heavily refined, but having hunger in the game isn't some cardinal sin like a lot of anons seem to suggest

I'm gonna go be nice to my mom now.

Having food is fine, having hunger is not. Eating food to replenish health was fine. You'd only be punished if you get hurt which makes sense. Hunger punishes exploring, jumping, moving, playing the game in general. It's a constant ticking bar reminding you to do your chores.

>Yea Forums - The Vidya
it's been ten thousand years

>add tonnes of shitty new blocks that you literally cannot avoid while mining
>haven't increased the inventory capacity since fucking alpha
Why do they do this? I'm fucking sick of having to make holes to drop my diorite, granite etc into every time I fucking strip mine

Do you complain about needing to have lots of potions or doing lots of grinding in mmo games too? Maybe you should find another game.

>writing down how many years ago it was
not necessary
really really not necessary

Attached: 1530502682327.jpg (462x630, 65K)

Yes? Those games are trash. Why would you want Minecraft, a game about building, creating and exploring, to become more like a grindy korean mmo?

CREEPER

The beta 1.8 adventure update ruined terrain generation forever and it's never been as good as pre 1.8 since.

Phantom aren’t just tedious it adds greasy penalties and risk to the game and limits reasons to do certain things in single player and multiplayer.
To deal with them when you want to explore you have to constantly reset your spawn which can penalize you even more when you die because your base isn’t at spawn.
If one player doesn’t sleep for 3 days on a server they will spawn and while they may not attack you they are loud as fuck and are annoying. Not to mention lag Makes it difficult to deal with them.
Not to mention if you’re building and lose track of time or how long you’ve been awake they can strike you down from very high places

Late indev, early infdev. Infinite world in itself was mindblowing to me, and I remember making threads/posts on Yea Forums about just exploring. I never stayed in one place more than a night, we called it nomad runs or something.

>or doing lots of grinding in mmo games too?

u funny

Jinkies!

Minecraft is a VERY grindy game. I suggest you play something else.

>literally the rarest mineral in the game
>can only trade for shitty deals with it

Explain why they don't add emerald again?

Attached: New_EmeraldB.png (160x160, 311)

>game still has no built-in waypoint system like those minimap mods had back in 2011
Why do they bother adding all this extremely rare shit like wood mansions and then add the phantoms which force you to reset your spawnpoint every hour if they're not going to give us a reasonable solution to finding our way back home? I'm sick of having to autistically spam a breadcrumb trail of blocks every time I want to do some exploring.

you can mine emerald user

meant to say add emerald tools

You can use maps but they're shit compared to mods. only saving grace of vanilla maps is you can put them on a wall to make one big map which is pretty cool.

You can get better deals by leveling up the boys you sell to or making them re-spec their shit, some villagers trade paper for emeralds real cheap and it makes them pretty trivial to get

Beacons fastest way to get max tier is via trading

literally everyone just looks at their F3 coordinates
if you think that's too "gamey" then you can easily make maps which cover thousands of blocks at full size

Because then you could just farm wheat and buy top tier tools through trading with villagers. Not that diamond is really hard to get but whatever. I guess there should at least be a little bit of mining in minecraft.

>Because then you could just farm wheat and buy top tier tools through trading with villagers
Don't they already sell diamond equipment in top tier trades?

>F3 coordinates
I usually use this but I've been playing the shitty win10 edition lately so I can play cross platform with my friends. You can't fucking display coordinates unless the owner of the realm logs out, enables coordinates and then restarts the realm, forcing the coordinates to stay on everyone's screens until they disable it again.

Its because of those fags that need to jump in bed every night and cant handle the dark outside

Then make the deals based around what emeralds are actually worth. Instead of " I give you 10 wheat for 1 emerald" make it "I give you 10 diamonds for 1 emerald"

>Re-Skin the worst mob and put it underwater
>Good.

>you can mine emerald user

where the fuck do you mine emerald

yeah but then they'd be useless as currency. You'd need to farm 10 bajillion wheat or whatever to make a single trade. And if you go mining in a mountain biome you'd be able to buy stacks of diamonds at a time.

Look for green ore and mine that

like 32-10

Don't use them.

Emeralds are completely worthless except as a fiat currency and packing into one of the ugliest blocks in the game, trading even one diamond for one would be insane unless you could turn them into tools that were somehow even more overpowered than diamond.
The fact that you can get an infinite supply of them from any village automatically devalues them massively, in most cases I would rather have a stack of lapis than a stack of emeralds.

Right before the nether came out
I played it without a gpu on a pentium 4 at sub 15fps with lowest graphics. But still had fun.

>8 years later and mojang/microsoft STILL can't come close to matching a mod made by some frenchies

Attached: 1510182744_1.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

Only in the mountains biome (new name for extreme hills), they spawn from 4-32 in veins of ~1.

What I'm saying is that they should make emerald tools, but also make it much harder to trade for emeralds.

only in extreme hills

good
they just fucked over java so mojang could focus on bedrock and get it up to speed with java

Monsters should raid like once every 4 nights or so.

Zombies should knock down doors, and if no doors are present, creepers should come in and make holes.
Skeletons should gather in large numbers and shoot in arcs over walls.

Phantoms shouldn't exist

creepers should not just blow my shit up if I am not present you blithering fucking retard

Should I put this in my modpack? I think the buildings are kinda ugly though.

haha kiwis

Attached: file.png (700x398, 439K)

I've yet to start using them since they can break and I'm not fucking going back to the fucking end for another pair if I end up really liking them. Though since the changes to trading made mending trivial to get, I'll probably give it a try soon

Attached: 1566206929107.webm (1274x720, 2.97M)

I haven't played it since the original version but it looks like they've added a lot more to it since then, definitely still better than the shitty excuse for villages Mojang made

that'll be 20 diamonds plus tip

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 199K)

I don't know why these niggers even complain bout it, I've only seen like three and they've all be pretty cool to fight with
interesting sounds desu

Ancient Warfare is better

>go to an ocean to farm these fuckers for a trident or two
>spend 2 days and 3 nights, find like 8 of them in total
I *wish* they'd ruin every body of water. Fuckers apparently refuse to spawn when I'm around. I still need those fucking shells as well for my conduit

Even when you get Mending you get at least one more to keep on you or in a Shulker/Ender Chest for long-distance trips.

>hit
>flies around, jacks off, finally comes down
>hit
>repeat
pretty cool to fight, I sure love playing baseball in my building game

Because mini-games are fun as fuck and a nice break from normal Minecraft gameplay

Creepers are fine as long as Java doesn't lock up and freeze all enemies for just long enough for you to miss your swing

>being a sword cuck
>not loading several crossbows to unload on one phantom like an officer in Compton

I've been playing in a server with a few people and if even one person doesn't sleep or leaves the game so the rest of us can sleep the fucks still come back the next night to fuck our shit up, they're fucking and annoying. If I die to a creeper or it breaks my build that's my fault, when I'm building high up I've had these retards spawn inches above my head and knock me down to my death.

Put him in a boat and move him away from points of interest (other workstations, beds, villagers, etc.). If he's alone and without distractions he should instantly switch jobs when you put down or remove a workstation, as long as it's day. He won't do shit during the night

The idea of another flying enemy was cool. The way they implemented it is fucking awful

It's a good shakeup from minecraft's slow, grindy, creative driven gameplay.
Play some quick minigames in the same game you love, check out some cool looking builds in the maps they have, maybe bring those same ideas back to your world.

I spent like 2 hours in the end and got one elytra in four cities. I really, really, really don't want to go back. It's so fucking boring

HOUSEMASTER

looks fine to me
>the virgin pretentious home with trivial design and useless space vs the CHAD effortless cube home made in a single day

What's your guys favorite mod?

Attached: boss.webm (1268x694, 2.97M)

They only raid if you're in your building .

>minecraft ghost mansion
>minecraft hide-and seek

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 11K)

>it took him that long just to get one hit in

unironically think it would be better if it was smaller so it could move around more and you could get actually get behind it.

hide and seek is just prophunt but in minecraft

Nigger, have you ever played Garry's Mod?
A chill hangout server where you can choose to play a minigame that you wouldn't otherwise actively seek out is as soulful as multiplayer gets.

Attached: 142293541257.jpg (548x668, 46K)

It's easy as piss to get behind it, what're you talking about? Just dash jump after it swings and stab it in the ass. The only thing hard about that boss is his groundquake swing.

QUICK ANONS PITCH IDEAS FOR HOW TO MAKE THE GAME WAY FUCKING COOLER AND DANGEROUS
>NIGHTS CAN HAVE A SPECIAL EVENT HAPPEN DURING THEM TO HAVE UNIQUE MOBS SPAWN DURING THE DURATION OF THE NIGHT (BLOOD MOONS AND SHIT)
>NETHER AND END OVERHAUL, THEY HAVE THEIR OWN BIOMES NOW. NETHER NO LONGER HAS A BEDROCK CEILING BUT INSTEAD A THICK SURFACE OF DAMAGING "FUCK YOU" BLOCKS TO KEEP PLAYERS FROM WALKING AROUND UP THERE YET ALLOWING THE SKY TO BE SEEN.
>SPEAKING OF WHICH I REALLY WANT TO ELABORATE ON THE NETHER A LOT ITS LITERALLY THE WORST HELL DIMENSION IN THE HISTORY OF VIDYA AND I FUCKING HATE IT MAKE THE BIOMES BASED ON OTHER HELLS AND NIGHTMARE DIMENSIONS IN MYTHOLOGY AND RELIGION GOD DAMN MAYBE ADD SOME PIGMAN CITIES IN THERE
>MORE FUCKING MOBS, MORE HOSTILE MOBS WITH COOL MECHANICS LIKE A FUCKING LICH SKELETON WITH A PHYLACTERY ORBITING IT THAT CONSTANTLY HEALS THEM THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOOT DOWN HOLY SHIT

Attached: 1558315602310.gif (512x512, 716K)

sauce?

Villages can actually progress and defend themsleves better but have a literal 00.01% CHANCE OF SPAWNING
ALSO OCLOETS AND MORE REDSTONE TOOLS FOR MY AUTISM

Also, considering he was on fire and had several mobs chasing him in a small space, the water bucket in his hotbar would've likely helped quite a bit.

yeah I know
that sounds great.

>dig straight down and put dirt above you
>random dirt block

>mind games where you put a bunch of dirt down so people think you digged underneath

Underrated tbqh

I'm curious to know how the fuck these assholes function on a server where sleeping is almost impossible. Is everyone just plagued by floating assholes constantly?

Night time turns into tower defense.

yes.
I had a minecraft purest friend that defended them turn around in a few hours and 100% hates them.

Be glad the mob that eats your stuff was picked instead

Attached: 5WXdF3LZ3Z3pIaqB9_zcakDarhQOaXJlJq5oihm3qUY.jpg (2560x2880, 1.24M)

already has that with Zombie sieges, it just needs more attention by Jeb!

more towards the player and his home.

I really hope the rest of these mobs get implemented at some point, Especially the blaze master.

>shitty deals
>only guaranteed way to obtain mending books

it also removes enchantments.

"Vote for this because a part of the game doesn't have any content"
THEN WHY NOT ADD THEM ALL DUMBFUCKS?

there is literally no reason for them to not have implemented all four

Honestly, the Nether being a clusterfuck of mythological hells sounds like a good time.

Literally all 3 of these are more interesting and less hateable than the manta bullshit. Even the eater dude has some use if used properly.

>ruins your game

Attached: ruins your game.png (369x123, 21K)

> didn't vote for underwater content
> got underwater update
Are we looking at desert and nether updates next, boys?

youtu.be/MmlLbf_LmYc

my theory is that Mojang is deliberately forced by Microsoft to keep updates for Minecraft slow and sparse so as to maintain its longevity

businessinsider.com/microsoft-minecraft-100-year-brand-2016-9

The only solution to this nightmare is to add actual modding API so we can get decent content and real things to do in the game

No, if you just hop in a bed a couple seconds they're prevented, even if the night isn't actually skipped.

Please understand

Now vote which biome needs to be fixed next instead of all them. Oh taiga won? Expect in in the near* future*.
And don't you dare think about getting a cave update that's not happening

Attached: fan ice cave.png (1920x1018, 699K)

Fantastic implementation. I'm positive everyone looked at this and thought well on it even though no one sleeps on a server because you need to synchronize sleep and there's always 1 dwarf that cares not for the outside world.

kill yourself incel, flying mounts are the only thing that made me fall in love with wow back on the day.

>updates next
>laughs in ded development
Modpacks add more complex and interesting shit in less time than it's taken these "professional" mojang & microsoft faggots to add useless fluff shit that servers no purpose or purely annoys players.

deserts almost got new stuff, but they did the voting bullshit again and the majority picked a taiga overhaul with foxes and campfires.

Oh. Never mind then, that's still annoying but passable I guess.

small indie studio please understand

remove content. a lot of it. i want build block on block, brick wood spong and stone only :D no hunger! haha i hate content i my game! :D

Honestly, the faggots who say "but notch didn't do any of the actual work, it was jeb!!!1!" baffle me.
Literally look at the update schedule. Look at how much content was added while Notch was present and had his inspiration, then watch update speed plummet the second he got bored. He was clearly either doing most of the legwork or a major inspiring force, and Jeb can't keep that energy up. To deny this is to ignore a long-term pattern.
> taiga overhaul
Are there any new blocks other than berries??? What the fuck? You'd expect them to at least change the generation, but no
And they had the fucking nerve to pick the "cold" biome that cucks you out of actual snow, dumb retard voters

probably should have been more specific. Not all Minigame servers are trash, some are all right. However most of the top ones are pure fucking trash meant to suck money out of children.

Attached: high pixel degeneracy.jpg (432x117, 12K)

Anyone tried out any of the ray tracing shader mods? what kind of graphics card do you need to run them?

Attached: 1526447844873.jpg (250x250, 55K)

>Foxes, berries and campfires counts as an overhaul
??

We could have had palm trees and new wood instead. Termites sounds aids and would ruin it for anyone living there

Attached: biome.png (1243x326, 64K)

Make an option to turn on or off hunger

>all I wanted was palm trees
>only like two other guys voted for deserts so we won't see them until 2025 if we see them at all
fucking kill me

I don't understand these votes in the first place. All it's adding is useless and passive shit or rare events like invasions. Where's more random shit to find in the wild? Where's enemy variety? Where the fuck is having new tiers of tools and armor instead of the same old 4-step-max progression we've had for a decade? Where's content to make the nether worth more than 1 trip ever? Even mods barely add anything to make it worth going to.
They should treat it like Ark and eventually progress the Ages to make your way towards vehicles, machines, jetpacks, etc; most mods already -do- this and it's clear that people like, enjoy, and want it, so why the fuck not?

But no. Niggas keep adding furry critters and mobs that are more annoying than Gregtech recipes and more useless food when Baked Potatoes are all you need.

Pretty much what said

Why add meaningful updates when you can drip feed it instead and ensure longevity?

just seems like the voting system is just an excuse for them being lazy faggots while and barely add anything while also being able to say "hey we added what the community wanted, what more do you want"

also they purposefully make some things sound better than others just to skew the votes.

Attached: gross.jpg (600x800, 64K)

post your base

Attached: 2019-08-17_21.07.15.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

See, for instance, if they overhauled a few biomes at a time with 3-4x the content they're promising, maybe one structure correlating to one of those biomes per update, I could get updates that mainly added blocks and changed generation.
For instance, with a Taiga overhaul, we'd get:
> foxes
> evergreen trees
> campsites- small structures with barrels and a central campfire, non-hostile, aesthetic and cozy
> a few new unique but small touches to the terrain along the lines of those boulders in giant taigas
But we'd also get a small spread of other biomes touched up about that much thrown in with it.
This is a pace that I know Mojang was once capable of keeping, but now they clearly aren't.

Also, I feel like hierarchy of tool tiers is sort of embedded in Minecraft at this point. Upsetting it would be potentially dangerous and alienate returning players. But I could definitely go with tool sidegrades, like sandstone or diorite being stone alternatives with slightly changed stats, maybe biome-dependent versions of iron and gold with different impurities.

Using biome bundle makes me feel like I'm playing a 3D terraria.

Attached: 7wTeEI8.jpg (4096x2160, 1.36M)

Early classic

damn this looks good w/ better foliage

>not getting the grappling hooks and gliders mod and flying around like it's just cause
vanillafags lmao

it's awful considering that the Tektopia mod does Villages+ easily 10x better than this.

I'm not sure, but it was somewhere around the adventure update.

I hate whats its become I first played like 9 or 10 years ago

Attached: 1500009349516.png (400x416, 41K)

I want mods that give the player unique new gameplay mechanics that complement the base experience. For example, it'd be cool if you had an armor slot for some kind of magic barrier/shield like Absorption gives you, but had some other unique properties depending on what kind of shield it is.

Or maybe an MP bar to cast learnable spells or something.

Or maybe even the ability to properly summon allied mobs like a necromancer.

Just, nothing obtrusive like hunger is.

>muh muh not muh fault
retard the leviathan was so much cooler

Attached: 1564167759124.png (360x320, 122K)

GENTLEMEN, I HAVE FOUND, MY BETA SCREENSHOTS FOLDER

Attached: 2011-02-28_06.52.56.png (1615x1028, 889K)

>not carrying around a book and quill that you write your F3 coordinates in

sup TB

post more.

What are some mods that add great and plenty of stuff to caves and mining?

Attached: _saitou_pokemon_game_and_etc_drawn_by_bkub_33f47d338d8fd1dc91d5000186b89ab5.jpg (1188x1000, 114K)

IT IS RAINING, INSIDE THE MOUNTAIN

Attached: 2011-09-22_23.11.51.png (1613x1028, 776K)

Trains and options for ore spawn. Give me a vien of 5000 coal blocks to find and load into a train.

Attached: 2011-09-27_12.09.34.png (1613x1028, 663K)

What patch was it where you could try out minecraft in a creative server covered by bedrock by building stuff with only a hotbar of blocks? This was 2012 if not before but I can't remember or find anything on it online about it

I made better houses

Attached: 2011-12-11_14.03.32.png (1613x1028, 992K)

getting animals into pens was annoying

Attached: 2011-09-28_02.18.15.png (1613x1028, 1.47M)

add more stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=sHN7SrzE0vc

I found out about 2b2t from a channel called Barrendome, who portrayed the server as this lonely, desolate world with lots of ruins to discover. Then I watched some FitMC and his portrayal of 2b was this kind of cringey circlejerk with enough nonsense to fill a history documentary.

snow golems were new, and didn't yet look retarded

Attached: 2011-11-20_01.52.30.png (1613x1028, 621K)

Slabs that can be put on different slabs, so I can have a birch ceiling and dark oak floor without having to use two full blocks

I dont hate hunger but i do not like that it drains so fast what they should do is just make the drain much slower so you dont have to eat every 30 seconds

sometimes it snowed in the desert

Attached: 2012-07-13_07.31.05.png (1680x1028, 374K)

that's what makes it fun
he takes it too seriously and I love it
THE RUSHERS

caves were more epic in scope

Attached: 2011-10-18_19.31.38.png (1613x1028, 546K)

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Saturation
there is, it's just not really well known
golden carrots fill that shit fast

The Betweenlands. It always feels to me like a better minecraft, like somebody actually put thought into it or something.

Attached: between.png (1280x720, 385K)

chunks loaded as they pleased

Attached: 2011-09-29_22.24.19.png (1613x1028, 1.46M)

Yeah there is a sort of charm to that aspect, I suppose.
>It turned out he was one of hausemaster's alts...
>GEORGEBUSH420

I prefer barrendome, though. I've never heard of 2b2t until either of them and I like the idea of a world forgotten by time with lots of shit to find that people left behind. But knowing the backstory is interesting as well.

November 2010, so Alpha 1.2. I was told I'd get all future versions of Minecraft for free

bedrock gave off a fog

Attached: 2011-10-20_18.32.11.png (1613x1028, 1.61M)

2010.. crazy shit. Still the greatest game of all time in my opinion. I can't believe the impact the game has had on my life.

How is this gif 60fps but less than a megabyte large

>lol filling up an inventory slot with food is really fun and interesting

You obviously don't remember how food worked pre-beta 1.8

MP is filled with stone skyscrapers

Attached: 2011-09-08_04.03.45.png (1618x1028, 625K)

holyshit nigger you suck

>You can't ever make an area safe from phantoms
Just make a glass dome, bro :^)

good stuff my man, keep them coming

Attached: download (5).jpg (257x196, 9K)

Fog should really just be a weather type like rain or snow. It would be cool if it was foggy in the early mornings of minecraft.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (500x357, 672K)

various texture packs were tried

Attached: 2011-01-22_12.39.12.png (1615x1028, 1.37M)

Has there ever been a bigger pleb filter in the history of video games?

Your a pleb if you complain about hunger.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

MP was filled with honest mining, and people that don't record their coords

Attached: 2011-12-11_16.13.55.png (1613x1028, 688K)

chickens could be found in the bowels of the earth, only they know why

Attached: 2012-10-04_15.27.22.png (1680x1028, 660K)

suddenly, mine shafts appeared ad infinitum at a certain block level

Attached: 2011-09-16_12.03.37.png (1613x1028, 667K)

BASED dwarf bro

lava and water lived together in those days

Attached: 2012-01-12_22.33.35.png (1680x1028, 332K)

I wish I had all my MCPE 0.5.0 screenshots, but unfortunately I factory reset my old ipad a bunch of times.

before long adventure maps became a trend

Attached: 2012-06-30_13.13.36.png (1680x1028, 1.67M)

a very welcome and atmospheric departure from aimless mining

Attached: 2012-06-30_15.29.37.png (1680x1028, 826K)

discovering secrets, with every instruction written on a sign as books had not been invented yet

Attached: 2012-06-30_13.53.05.png (1680x1028, 1.56M)

in the end it all fell to ruin

Attached: 2012-06-30_18.06.20.png (1680x1028, 1.76M)

it was time for new horizons

Attached: 2012-07-05_01.20.11.png (1680x1028, 1.74M)

Finite repairs? How many? I've never hit the limit before

and new mysteries

Attached: 2012-07-06_12.15.06.png (1680x1028, 2.01M)

from towering peaks

Attached: 2012-07-21_11.48.26.png (1680x1028, 2.51M)

lone buttes

Attached: 2012-07-20_15.31.02.png (1680x1028, 828K)

and maddening jungle

Attached: 2012-10-10_17.17.46.png (1680x1028, 2.14M)

yes, the fog they gave bedrock was overkill, but some kind of temporary fog effect to the landscape would be pretty aesthetic

God its so fucking beautiful

we have come a long way

Attached: 2012-10-18_21.03.42.png (1680x1028, 1.93M)

haha butte

>You could argue he's making monetization money off of other people's work
at least he's writing a script and recording his voiceover so he's a step the scumbags monetizing /tg/ storytiem run through text to speech

those were simpler times

Attached: 2011-09-08_04.03.33.png (1618x1028, 584K)

I would kill to have void fog back, and to have the end portal effect restored to the 3d effect it used to be. Why does Minecraft keep getting visually downgraded?
i.imgur.com/YMpNaqF.gif

Somewhere between beta 1.0 and 1.2, after I watched SeaNanners' videos on it. Seeing the burst of updates from 1.2 to 1.8 and release was great, that time was Minecraft's peak desu

Attached: 1ewcwz.jpg (900x900, 95K)

>white bed
>not mustard rice Blue Bed or Gray Bed

a little before 1.2, i remember when note blocks were added in.

agreed

Attached: 2011-01-21_21.42.23.png (1615x1028, 848K)

Alpha 1.1

Cozy.

Attached: survivalcraft.webm (952x708, 2.81M)

I wish it were possible to play minecraft with load distance like this.
I wish they would make a Minecraft 2 except not on Java but with mod support.

oh god i remember seananners. now im sad

I used a mod at the time that increased it

bedrock edition is truly one of the most tragic monkey's paws to ever occur in gaming

what happened to seananners

Attached: 1542116250914.jpg (338x676, 20K)

properly invested his youtube money and retired