Looking back, was it really that bad?

Looking back, was it really that bad?

Attached: 220px-Resident_Evil_5_Box_Artwork.jpg (220x270, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_uxkuFL5QA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IT'S JUST NOT SCARY

Yes.

No. It was almost a carbon copy of RE4 but with co-op and some changes to the inventory system to account for the fact that there's two characters. Anyone who claims they love RE4 but think RE5 is crap is objectively a fucking retard who is completely full of shit.

No game in the series is scary. If le spooky zombies scares you you should be ashamed of yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=t_uxkuFL5QA

What about the opposite theres a lot of people who love 5 but absolutely despise 4.

I loved it. And this is coming from a guy who platinumed the game solo.

THE BEST SELLING RE BAD?
ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS?

Wasn't as good as 4 but way better than the pile of shit that is 6

They are also retards full of shit. They are the same fucking game. It the same beats with the same set pieces and the same gameplay. They basically took RE4, replaced the art assets and then patched in co-op support.

I like it, I like Sheva

It was boring and didn't grab you near as much as RE4 did. I remember being super excited for it and playing for about an hour only to quit and move on to something else, and that was at the peak of my RE fanboy phase.

I replayed it years later in coop and realized its quite possibly the best coop game ever made, but that has nothing to do with RE. Coincidentally, capcom didn't understand why RE5 was so great for coop and took away all the good elements when making RE6 which was shit in every level.

It's better than 7

Sheva was only put there to prevent the game from becoming /pol/ tier

RE4 did manage to have a decent tension throughout until you reach the island, RE5 never had that. I do still like both for different reasons.

Also I don't know why quoting RE5 has fallen out of favor, but even outside of basically every Wesker line being entertainingly absurd, there's tons of great cheese lines.

amazing co-op. one of the only games i ever got my normie ass gf to enjoy playing with me

Still one of the best co-op games ever released

It’s mediocre aside from Wesker and some good coop

Co-op was pretty comfy, basically the only reason I stuck through the whole thing

>RE4 did manage to have a decent tension throughout until you reach the island, RE5 never had that
I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. The only tense part in RE4 is the first five minutes with the village attack sequence. After that the game is a dumb action feast starring a guy laden with more weapons and ammunition than he'll ever need. RE5 has the exact same sequence in it's first five minutes.

>forced coop

Yes

It plays well, the campaign in particular just isn't very good. Mercenaries was and still is kino.

lol not at all 7 is the best game in the series
7 > 4 > RE2make >> 5 >> 6

>7 is the best game in the series

Attached: 1554011620898.gif (480x270, 2.32M)

Nice argument

>spent the night at my friends house when this game out
>played through the whole campaign with my bro up until the early hours of the morning
One of my best memories. No, it wasn't that bad.

Attached: 1546492648829.png (400x397, 244K)

It’s still the best buddy coop experience around.