Now let's discuss the best versus game.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (353x500, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hBHDfm2wzG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is TvC better than CvS2?

WHOAWHOAWHOA YEAAAAAH
DEEEEEEEEEEEAD RISING

I loved this game so much. I just read the other day that they wanted to put the samurai pizza cats in because they were so requested but they couldn’t come to a deal. It could’ve been so much more.

Remaster or sequel with proper online when?

It's got the best roster of the bunch. Gameplay is completely subjective since not everyone's a fan of MAHVEL 2 combos but with balance and thought put into it.

Could've sworn I read somewhere that they'd have to remake it from the ground up because they built it exclusively around the Wii's hardware.

The definitive answer by miles is MvC2.
"But only 4 characters" This statement is an indicator you've never put effort in the game, as those 4 characters have more depth than most rosters of characters combined, but that is also the case for most characters. It's why players like VDO can win tourneys stacked with MSS/MSP using Rogue/Ken/Colossus, the level of nuance in the game is truly lightning in a bottle, discovery science at its finest.

Attached: 965982_10151438686949677_1835897419_o.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

God, the Yami boss is fucking horrid though. I like everything else though. I don't even know anything about Tatsunoko aside from Casshern.

TvC is definitely one of the best "hype fighters" (big combos with simple chains, lots of hangtime, over-the-top supers, etc.) but it's also not really my kind of fighting game since it requires a lot of twitch reflexes and the ability to consistently nail conversions off of pokes.

CvS2 is the worst crossover game, it's the unholy combination of capcom pacing with SNK teams to create the most boring sleep inducing fighting game possible. Even SFxT has more action.

Games with assists are trash

>SFxT not dead last
TvC is overrated could of used another iteration with some more fine tuning, characters, etc
SvC although a broken mess is fun to mess around with
MvC2 remains the GOAT

SFxT was a lot more enjoyable than SvC.

Watch Tekkaman Blade, shit's cash

There's a TvC machine at the gameworks in northfield shopping center in Denver, CO.

>SFxT
>equal to CvS2
>better than UMvC3
I've been into Tekken even longer than I've been into the Vs series. I was hype as fuck for that game and think that it has some of the best trailers any fighting game has ever gotten. The game was trash at launch and even if you ignored TWELVE COMPLETE CHARACTERS on the disc sold as DLC and the pointlessness of Gems, the 2013 update at best made it a solid, playable game, but it still had fucking awful decisions like standardized normal damage. SFxT was the game that made me swear off of pre-ordering games for the better part of this decade.

UMvC3 = TvC:UAS > CvS2 = TvC > MvC2 = MSH > SFxT (v2013) > MvC1 = CvS1 = CotA > MvC3 = XMvSF >= MvCi > SvC > SFxT (launch) > MSHvsSF

Attached: MvC3 4.jpg (900x1188, 348K)

The arcade version is missing some characters.

If I had a shitton of money remastering TvC would probably be my first project.

I won't say anything about UMvC3's gameplay, but I've always thought that visually it was ugly as sin. Great roster though.

Did they ever release UAS in arcade? Both of my favorite characters (Yatter-2 and Frank West) were added in UAS.

They did not. UAS was purely a console release.

what the fuck is nintendo doing, how is this shit not remastered yet
easiest and fastest money grab

I appreciated the commitment to looking like a comic, but I think the shadows they went with were too harsh. I really love Shinkiro's posters for the game over the course of its life, if I haven't made that obvious.

Attached: UMvC3 4.jpg (2692x3807, 2.51M)

Yeah I fucking love Shinkiro's work. I really haven't seen anything recent from him though aside from that piece he did for DMC5.

Attached: DE5G2moVwAAo2BH.jpg (982x1200, 166K)

Why is it SFIV players can let Vanilla go but SFxT embitters thousands when most of the problems were addressed in the '13 update?

Daily reminder that Zero is top tier in every game he's in since SvC.

Attached: 218ac51c26a2f5281b4142ca66b7be5d.jpg (874x1240, 114K)

4 has the advantage of being the big "revival" of fighting games, even though vanilla kind of sucks. Both SFxT and SFV are miles ahead of where they launched but their initial impressions still color their online discourse.

Probably a licensing nightmare on Tatsunoko's end.

Launch SFxT was worse mechanically than Vanilla SFIV while SFxTv2013 was still worse than AE2012 & USFIV.

I give Capcom a lot of props for parts of that game though. The translation of the Tekken cast to 2D was perfect; all of their most important moves fit into a digestible movelist. Steve, King, Marduk, & Yoshi in particular were a ton of fun to play if you ignored a lot of the bullshit like standardized normals and gems. It also brought back Hugo and added Poison, who were both a lot of fun in SFxT and USFIV alike. Also it had fucking baller music; Jurassic Era Research Facility is arguably the best stage theme out of Capcom this decade (and that says a lot given how good some of V's stage themes are).

That's a damn shame. SFxT still see tons of play and the people on the Discord have even more fun with events. I suppose all the other vs. games had the advantage of good first impressions.

Look at this tryhard faggot.
Your game failed because no one could recognize a single Tatsunoko character.
You can't fill up a crossover game with literally who's and expect people to enjoy it.

When are we getting a sequel
:'(

>But only 4 characters
Are these Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, and Cable?

They never intended it to appeal to the west, judging by the roster on Capcom's end.

>The translation of the Tekken cast to 2D was perfect
I dunno, the best characters were the ones who played most like SF characters, the more Tekken-y feeling characters were on the weaker end

It's recognisable to the Japs. The game wasn't initially planned to be released in the west at all.

Even as somebody that has a lot of fun in the lab figuring out characters and combo routes, I can't really get a lot out of MvC2 when I go into Training. Maybe it's because all the characters I actually like to play as in that game are pretty simple and don't have much in the way of combos, and none are fliers or airdashers. The characters I actually like are Colossus, Iceman, Juggernaut, Ruby Heart, CapCom, Cable, & Hayato.

Marvel 3 gave some of the veterans a makeover that made them way more fun to play as; for example I really hate playing as Hulk in not just MvC2 but in all the previous Marvel games, but I love Hulk in 3. Swapping the inputs for Gamma Charge & Gamma Wave alone did a lot honestly.

Attached: 1532132089898.jpg (624x448, 54K)

My favorite was Steve, and his whole gimmick of not actually having kicks moved into a game where there are three dedicated kick buttons transitioned beautifully with how all his standing kicks were dodges. Honestly, SFxT is my favorite boxer in the genre. I like him more than Dudley, Vanessa, Ed, even Steve in Tekken proper. He just "clicked" with me in a way no other boxer has. His unique Ducking followups, projectile, and stances were a lot of why. I loved learning Flicker loops.

Imagine the kind of god you'd have to be to master a Boxer / Steve team. Rushdown with some i-frames mixed in and poke master extraordinaire with even more i-frames.

I just like 3v3, it is usually a clusterfuck but once it clicks with you other types of fighters just don't satisfy anymore.

I actually mained Steve/Poison, with a side of King/Marduk and Yoshimitsu/Cole

Totally understand, I really LOVE MvC3 as well, it's unfortunate that X factor exists, but god damn is Dante fun, and all characters are fun to lab.

The issue with a lot of the mid/low tiers as you've listed is that a lot of their Juicy stuff is incredibly difficult to execute or requires very specific team compositions to shine.
For example if you ran Rogue with your colossus you'd gain access to one of the most deadliest left right mixups with colossus dive bomb assist for dumb damage, really fun watching your opponent life bar just Chunk.

You really play the TEAM and not the characters in 2.

Of those characters, pick Jugg/Cable/Capcom
Do juggernaught dmg boost glitch, swap to cable and zone and watch as Juggernaught assist deals 30% life smash that you can combo into hyper vipers and dhc into Glitched Juggernaut crush converting your opponent into a pillar of salt instantaneously.

Attached: 17966320_1571328356243185_5709586147165343772_o.jpg (1440x1440, 154K)

The game just sold enough to break even. I don’t see a remake happening anytime soon.

I completely forgot about Megaman, Pacman, Kuro, Toro, and Cole. With people having cracked the game open you'd think the first thing someone would have done is port them over to the PC version.

This. It's a miracle UAS even got an international release, albeit losing a character and all the character themes.

>You really play the TEAM and not the characters in 2.
I do like that a lot. I just think that being sort of locked into certain team builds hurts that. I want a game where you can build a team that functions as a full character and have that be unique to you and your playstyle/preferences. That's why I like Marvel 3 so much. You can put in the work and get any character working with almost any other character in the game. Sometimes they gel naturally and other times they just need a certain type of assist to function as a machine (and 3 assists per character generally means there's multiple options). It helps that 3's mid tier is like 30-35 characters.

For example, Spider-Man is one of the neediest characters in 3; his effectiveness beyond fast movement and Ultimate Web Throw resets relies on Web Throw loops, and those require an assist that hits OTG from fullscreen on a slight delay from the call, and yet he has multiple options to cover that in Doom Missiles, Shuma Ray, and Hawkeye Poison Arrow. Then he can choose another character, almost any really, with a good assist for neutral/pressure and he's golden. It's shit like that that pushed me to lab that game nonstop; 1100+ hours in Training alone since Vanilla 3 came out. I built super-synergistic teams and shells that I never saw anybody use in tournament or online; Nova/Haggar/Akuma is potent as fuck; Haggar can pull off NASTY resets with Nova's H Grav Pulse assist (the multi-hit shield that floats in place) while also using it as filler in his Dropkick xx Pipe BnBs. Thor/Ghost Rider/Arthur also has a ton of synergy with each other's assists and supers; you did see some Blaze/Arthur stuff out of Sacktap eventually though, good on him for getting his GR team to Grand Finals at this year's EVO side tourney.

My #1 problem with FighterZ is mostly that team-building is way more rigid than Marvel. 1 assist per character hurts way more in a 3v3 game than it did in TvC.

Attached: 1437349456555.gif (393x235, 1.64M)

TvC assists are extremely flexible and not needed for a majority of resets. That said, the neutral is completely dependent on them at the beginning of the match. You trap someone with Chun's kicks and they're going to be eating 30 billion+ damage unless they've got a burst or if you drop the reset.
Fighter Z assists are pretty much built to answer to everything and rewards predictions with outlandish damage and half the required effort on setup.

UMvC3 is hard as hell to master because it strikes that balance perfectly where you actually have to work for those setups and tight loops. It makes pressuring an art.

>TvC2 never
>Best Gatchaman girl will never be in
>Samurai Pizza Cats will never be in
Fuck everything

Attached: 20168-1621528572.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>Fighter Z assists are pretty much built to answer to everything and rewards predictions with outlandish damage and half the required effort on setup.
This is mostly true but at the same time there's huge gaps between meta assists, good assists, and bad assists. Beams are absolutely incredible due to their use in neutral, pressure, and combos; the only assists that come close are Wolf Fang Fist (but Yamcha is a bit of risky anchor compared to SS Goku or GT Goku) & Galactic Donuts which doesn't benefit the entire cast like a blanket in the same way beams do (although it's way more optimal for some characters than beams, Zamasu & Nappa most notably in my experience). The mid-tier assists are all solid but mostly just one-hit moves with different knockback/damage/hitstun/blockstun values, and yet some of the stronger ones are on characters that don't need them (Bardock's lariat is such a versatile assist when he's already the game's best point by a mile). Most of the worst characters in the game have the lower-end of these mid-tier assists or even worse the gimmicky assists. Krillin's rock is so situational, telegraphed, and hard to work off of without a carefully planned setup that there's no reason to play him Mid/Anchor and yet his kit on point is so fragmented and splits the difference between ambiguous mixup character and zoner awkwardly. The only Low-Tier character with a great assist is Base Goku (Jiren & Cooler have a better-than-average assists but I consider them mid-tier).

Attached: 1551325831481.gif (540x310, 393K)

MvCI is the best versus game in terms of pure gameplay.

Kodansha X Capcom never

>Approaches you, covered by a large projectile my partner did that I Active Tag'd during the startup of and/or Reality Stone Surge
>Starts a standard blockstring
>Cancels into super
>Active Tag again
>Do 5 consecutive 50/50 mixups while you're in blockstun from the super
>On hit I do my BnB, pop my Infinity Storm, do a quick combo extension (or not), and end with my free Level 3
nothin' personnel

>Crowds
No thank you, even loli Doronjo was better

that would imply that capcom would do all the art design and character modeling in japan with Shinkiro supervising, but NOPE, blame Capcom USA and UDON for pushing he new hideous cartoony art-style you see in SFIV and V, and even SamSho2019, and Capcom still cannot not outsource to american hipster artists who think they can ''re-imagine'' the characters.

Just play that shitty PSP game fuckboi

and yet it sold more then it did in japan, but just enough to survive in a era when if you didnt hit the fanboy happy accident known as the 4M numbers sold by Halo and Gears and COD, you are a flop!

not wanting this

Attached: 1558759030213.png (1600x1300, 2.12M)

In this game's case it probably was just not worth all the hassle regarding licencing and shit though

Actually svc is unironically better than sf x tekken on release.

Only for having some based roster choices like Mars People & Demitri & Red Arremer. And yet they still fucked up by having Genjuro & Earthquake rep SamSho with no Haohmaru at all.

Genjuro was a good pick. If you want a better snk crossover game though, see Neo-Geo Battle Colosseum. This was literally sf x tekken and blazblue crosstag before they were a thing.

And done better. Except Tag Specials did no damage.

It had the worst variety in roster, especially on Capcom's side.

>9 SF2 reps
>2 SF3 reps
>1 SFA rep
>1 Red Earth rep
>Zero
>Arremer
>1 VS rep

People praise the new sprites, but SNK just traced over most of them.

Thats because you were doing them wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=hBHDfm2wzG8

Genjuro was fine, but over Haohmaru, no; Earthquake was the bigger offender. NGBC is based though; I haven't played it as much as I feel like I should, but I ran with Haohmaru & Marco.

Team supers ate up red life better than any other move in the game, and NGBC was pretty aggressive with leaving you red life when you were hit. They existed to lock out opponents of healing potential.

wrong quoting

SvC Chaos seems like SNK's Capcom Fighting Jam. Funny how Max Mode from that game found it's way to KOF.

Bullshit that MvC1 is worse than SFxT

Capcom fighting jam is WAY more of an asset flip than SvC where they literally drew entire characters over again just for it. The hardware just held it back. It literally ran on neo geo instead of the newer neowave stuff for some ODD reason.
This is correct.

Marvel 1 gameplay-wise is an absolute fucking mess. Its visuals and music and fanservice are top-notch but above a casual level it's a clusterfuck. Maybe I overrated SFxT 2013 a little but at worst they're on par; Gems & Normalized Damage aren't game-breaking, just incredibly stupid.

the sprites of the capcom characters were the best thing but their dimensions and fluidity made the old KOF sprites look out of place in comparison

They redid some snk sprites but the snk sprites were already pretty nice by the time svc came around. Not NEARLY as out of place as the cvs ones in comparison to old alpha 1 sprites