It's been like over 30 years since FE was born and the AI design hasn't changed

It's been like over 30 years since FE was born and the AI design hasn't changed.

The bosses will not fucking move. This is why I hate FE. All the tactical value falls down to 0 because missions are basically just "advance to aggro the random rooks, wait until they all approach you, kill them then just regroup and send units 1 by 1 to calmly fight the boss".

Who thought this was good design? Imagine if the bosses actually left their initial position, you'd be hard pressed juggling characters to prevent them from getting killed

Attached: Three_Houses_cover_art.png (926x1500, 2.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HlwxV4_fYpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If they leave their spot and come to you, then 'kill the boss' mission would be over in 2 turns, no?

Bosses leave their position in this game though, some even wander the map before you are in range. There's still a few classic FE boss doesn't come after you bosses but they are few and far in between.

>Imagine if the bosses actually left their initial position
Yeah, imagine them doing something they've been doing for decades. Kill yourself.

>The bosses will not fucking move.
Imagine outing yourself as playing on Easy

>it uses a grid like chess so it's strategic!!!
SRPGs are all shitty board game simulators. Regular turn based combat is superior and more efficient.

No because you'd be scrambling characters to avoid getting them killed.

3H literally has no easy mode

Lucky for you, apparently bosses will move in the Lunatic Mode free DLC whenever we get it.

It's called Normal to not offend the feelings of shitters such as yourself

>3H literally has no easy mode
So, you looked. Was that the first thing you noticed?

I have never played FE before. I chose normal because all my friends kept saying how hardcore the game was yadda yadda but then I realized my friends barely play games.

Can I change the difficulty? What changes in hard mode? I don't like hard modes like the ones in SMT where they even reduce the amount of xp/resources you get from fights because it basically forces you to grind more.

Awakening bosses moved on Lunatic and datamines already showed this will happen for 3H once Lunatic gets patched in.

Just be patient.

They'll move in Lunatic and Infernal, but at that point you better start praying because DK will hunt you down and Lys might not be able to ohko him anymore.

>play lunatic new mystery
>cant even bait wyverns anymore unless you enter the range of 2 of them
>wyverns on lunatic get 2 range fire breath for no reason on lunatic
>lunatic removes the ai logic of going for the highest crit chance target if a crit will kill so you cant spread out the damage anymore like you could on the lower difficulties
christ that game was obnoxious on lunatic.

I'm wondering how that'll work in the earliest chapter you fight him because he starts right there in front of you.

>Imagine the game doing something the game does
What did he mean by this?

Attached: nagatoro confused.png (465x429, 213K)

How do you know the AI design hasn't changed if this is your first one?

Attached: 5BlvM1c.png (500x379, 255K)

Play Echoes.

I am not op

It depends on how the bosses before him will react. If 1st and 2nd boss are still, you can use the broken weapon trick. Aka, make your weapon of choice lose all durability, hit the boss for minimun damage, he will counter, you get EXP, his HP is restored via tile he's sitting on, your healer heals you and gets EXP.
I'm pretty sure 1 overleveled unit will be enough to kill DK on 1st encounter, but I may be wrong.

You can only go down in difficulty midgame (Hard to Normal or Classic to Casual), you'll have to restart to go up

There's a bit more aggressiveness from enemies, higher stats, more skills on enemies and more battalion enemies, on top of some bosses now roaming for you i.e. Death Knight and his crew charging you in Remire

Divine Pulse makes any mistake trivial anyway

>remake of the worst game
>lol you should play it
Presentationfags need to be fucking shot

Always pick hard/classic in FE fag

hard in 3 houses limits the amount of grinding you can do so you have to be smart about who gets what xp.

But bosses move.

You pretty much need to get rid of him right off the bat, but that's easier said than done. You'll have to get good enough roles to not get doubled AND enough Def. He also has a good Crit chance. But that being said, he might only chase you done once you're in range.

There were missions where bosses came to you. There were missions where the enemies swarmed you. There were missions with time sensitive aspects that forced you to not play the slow aggro, kill, regroup game. Fire Emblem AI is fine.

Of course you're not

Attached: 1562344849887.png (722x525, 523K)

Can you do Sylvain's paralogue and get Lance of Ruin and use Knightkneeler by then?

Which is the best house and why?

Attached: fanc.png (602x378, 200K)

Just started this game, Dorthea sounds like a knockoff Grey DeLisle and I like it.

I played a couple other games in the series, and I was wondering how many of them end with super retarded maps where you have to just sprint to boss and kill it before 5 million enemies spawn in turn 3?

Can I bang the teacher who literally begs for a dick all the time?

Not many.

Yes

I was thinking of Awakening. Can't remember the end of the GBA one I played.

Golden deer because memes. And the most noble unit.

Attached: 7b8c5m9u3c531.png (884x722, 497K)

Blue Lions because you dunk on the main villains unintentionally

>Eagles are a bunch of magic users so the game is piss easy
>almost no one in lions is a magic user so the game is boring
>deers have the best balance but their minor role in the conflict makes the story boring

The one where he doesn't move at all? Or the next one where he doesn't move at all.

On the third map where he chases you you just have to kill the boss before he reaches you.

We're talking about Lunatic Mode where they said he will move.

the 3ds games had moving bosses

Bitch don't agro Nemesis until you know you can kill him.

>Annette is a magic crit machine
>Mercedes is amazing at white magic and decent at black
>Flayn is present and offers a bit of versatility
>Manuela and Hanneman are just as available as other routes

Literally not a problem

RECRUIT LYSITHEA.

Bosses do move though

Nemesis chased me all across the map

I mean, that's without recruiting from other houses, including that removes any need for comparing houses. The only house with an exclusive mage is Beagles and Hubert

Sometimes I just get lucky. This guy is a fucking beast... Barehanded.

Attached: IMG_20190820_215455.jpg (3264x1840, 1.47M)

Warmaster doesn't count for crits, want a real crit monster?

Ignatz and Bernie are always +35 by endgame, if assassinate doesn't trigger it is because the other unit is already dead.

Blue lions smash the main villains and Dimitri is the best Lord in a couple fire emblems, golden deers are the most goody good boys morally and get all the answers. Take your pick.

Is there any reason I shouldn't switch my crew to their budding talents immediately?
Just starting the game.

don't set their focus to their budding talent. Only the 1 to 1 tuition thing counts towards unlocking that

Blue Lions if you're a man of culture

As much as blue lions shows Dimitri I have to go with Golden Deers for the balanced cast, unironically some units from other houses get some of their best dialogue with them.

I think only Felix has great dialogue in all houses but almost all units have great dialogue in Golden Deer.

BTW, aftee one story event you will get a Dancer class, for 1 char only. Use it. Dance (ability) gives another turn to unit who already acted.

No, Most budding talents suck balls. Some characters like felix, marianne, and Bernadette get good skills. The rest kinda blow.

What are good recruits if I'm playing blue lions?

>the game is too easy
>btw recruit the magic nuke with the fuck horses button
No

You could do a full fortress run if you want difficulty.

Most suck outside of Dex monsters if you unlock paladin and assassin masteries.

Dorothea is the easiest to recruit imo (Byleth excels in both Cha and Authority)
Lysithea is everyone's favorite mage
Leonie can replace Ashe if he's not pulling his weight but she doesn't have Deadeye

I bought the Limited Edition on impulse, did I get scammed?

Attached: fire-emblem-three-houses-limited-edition.jpg (580x326, 28K)

Marianne and Raphael are nearly mandatory because hey have supports with Dimitri that you can only unlock there.
Recruit Caspar so you're not locked out of a paralogue that should be done on a BL run.
Recruit Lysithea for warp.

What are you talking about? The soundtrack on USB is awesome and the artbook is like 100 pages. Well worth the €90, not to mention the resale value is crazy.

I had to go digital because all pre-orders were filled in my town.

I swear to God Mexicans are the biggest fire emblem market.

So I should leave them as defaults, or whatever the next class I want them to be needs?
I'm asking because I saw Bernadette has one for riding and that seems useful.

Yeah, right now it has two easy modes

Will the DLC be another path. Also is it true Death Knight is Mercedes half brother?

Yes
>The soundtrack on USB is awesome

Pointless since the ENTIRE ost is available on youtube.
I think the USB doesn't even have the entire OST, it's only 30 songs.

>the artbook is like 100 pages

You can't really do much with an artbook though.

The rest of the shit in it are 3 cheap pins and the steelbook, which is pointless since it's a mobile game, you'll never store the cartridge there.

Budding talents are garbage for the most part unless they happen to be for ranks in a class you want to promote into down the line.

Does it include DLC?

>Will the DLC be another path
Probably not, but who knows.
>Also is it true Death Knight is Mercedes half brother?
Yes.

what difficulty were you playing it on?

>bosses move
Why do you want games to be even easier?
The point of bosses not moving is so they sit their ass on the tile that gives them healing, avoid, defense, etc

youtube.com/watch?v=HlwxV4_fYpg

How is it possible that this entire thread isn’t calling out OP for his bullshit? I didn’t even know normal mode had bosses not move

Golden deer.
Because best character, top tier, good spirit, lore, the actual final boss, and your leader don't feel retarded.

>The bosses will not fucking move.
Which is standard for most tactics games. Not to mention it would be way easier if they could move on their own because you could take out units one at a time.

i was on hard before then i jumped to lunatic

>almost no one in lions is a magic user so the game is boring
>Annette "Crit Happy" Dominic
>Mercedes "No one dies on my watch" von Matritz
>Not recruiting Lysithea "The Nuke" von Ordelia
>Not making Felix "Nothing personell kid" Fraldarius a Mortal Savant
I also tried to make Byleth a magic user but he turned pretty bad overall and didn't bother with Sylvain's reason but my playthrough has been pretty magic so far

but bro it's not about the shitty gameplay, it's about the shitty story and characters!

Attached: 1565564423699.jpg (741x741, 59K)

Deer if you want to learn about the world with the loveable losers
Lions if you want to truly dunk on Edelgard

Has someone uploaded artbook scans yet?

I can do it for the right price. DIdn't even know this shit was valuable

Nah I was just curious to see how it looked, since the game doesn't do the artstyle any favors

Alright fuckers. I just need you to answer me a simple question:

DO BOSSES MOVE IN NORMAL MODE YES OR NO?

People here are giving contradictory answers. Some are saying they don't move, others say they totally do move. I just started the game a few hours ago and I need to know if I should go back and switch to hard mode because the game is piss easy if the bosses don't move

It's honestly pretty cheap. First 10 pages or so are actually deadass stills from the game's cutscenes.

The character's art itself isn't even conceptual, they literally just throw you a drawing of the same art you see in game but in full body

Imagine being so casual that you play 3H on Easy Mode.

Bernie's one for Riding gives her Pass as an equippable skill.

As for the skills, yeah, whatever class you need. Authority is always a good shout (other than for Felix) and put either Flying or Riding onto a unit as some point, all but 3 Master classes are mounted

play on hard because the game is piss easy either way

Bosses have agro conditions.

Pre time skip you mostly get the death knight and some paralogues along with Miklain.

Post time skip stuff like Pavardo does a fake out death summons 3 units and chases you with high crit weapon on units that already made their moves, more death knight chicanery and the windbeast with 9 shields to break, perfect magical counters that chases you around and talks to flayn in a polite voice before almost murdering her.

Church/Golden Deer has a lot of Generals that move or protect a reinforcement beacon.

Then you get Nemesis and the 10 elites, do not agro Nemesis.

that doesn't answer my question.

Do bosses move in normal mode or not? If the game is piss easy anyway, IDGAF about staying in normal if the bosses also move in normal

>3H literally has no easy mode
It has 2 easy modes while we wait for lunatic/maddening. Not even trying to be elitist.

Attached: if only.png (1366x768, 813K)

One user said he beat hard mode with only 3 chars. Byleth, Claude and some chick. Is that even possible?

Fleche did nothing wrong

while i didn't play 3h yet, in earlier fe's it wasn't that hard to beat the game with fewer characters (even to solo it), because of the amount of xp you got