WoW: Classic

Paid character transfers will be in Classic.

Hope you enjoy the eventual race change, faction change, and cash shop!

Attached: MTX.png (888x240, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.gamepedia.com/Obsidian_statue
wow.gamepedia.com/Crusader_Strike
strawpoll.me/18513188
strawpoll.me/18513192
youtube.com/watch?v=OhYeAfo1mWE
classic.wowhead.com/quest=5047/finkle-einhorn-at-your-service
vocaroo.com/i/s19WEofzT7DG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was already in the game so who cares

They'll make millions when phase 2 comes and herold fags are stuck on on 3 hours queue every single day.

Pretty smart from Blizzard.

What is it about Classic that causes Yea Forums to rage so hard?

Attached: 1558845689581.jpg (831x639, 124K)

Better than having to reroll an identical character that starts with no gold and no items if a server turns into a ghost town or something like that. I'll fully support that, regardless of any autistic screeching from nochanges faggots.

>buy tokens with RL money
>sell for gold
>sell BfA gold for Classic gold

Attached: f57.jpg (640x640, 79K)

I main'd an UD warlock, what are the pros and cons to making a Human warlock this time round?

Attached: Warlock 3a9cc731a008d422735ac8a1d874ed2a.jpg (633x950, 88K)

>pros
>better racials and faction
>are cooler looking

>cons
>n/a

Everyone knows that Actiblizzion will fuck up classic just like they fucked up retail. I would not be surprised at all if they are spending the majority of WoW Classic's dev time on implementing a cash shop.

1. People don't like blizzard
2. Constant threads annoy people and push them to shit on it
3. FF trannies
4. Genuinely think classic is overhyped garbage

I like WOTF and Cannibalize though, Human racials dont mean much for Locks

Retail fags are the ultimate blizzard fanboys. They all have massive anal injury over the fact that their friends who quit years ago were right all along about Blizzard.

Gnomes have better caster racials than humans, and things like spirit and weapon specialization won't do much for you, even if you wind up with a spellsword. Still, some people really hate the idea of playing a small character, so I'll just say there's no particular downside to human warlocks, they're just mediocre but they at least have their +10% reputation racial for those who will be doing a lot of that sort of thing in endgame.

If I remember right race doesn't matter much in general for warlocks in Vanilla unless you're willing to roll a gnome for Expansive Mind or an orc for the pet racial. I can't remember how Berserking for trolls works right now, but maybe include them in that too if it works with spellcasting decently.

Fears not as useful when half the enemy faction are undead, but it's okay because you generally have a bunch of other tools to deal with them anyways.

Attached: Undead tongue.gif (234x300, 1.52M)

No picture can express the vindication I feel but this one comes close. Get fucked classic fags.

Attached: DE4C9F3B-0BC1-4710-A1D7-242B000210A4.png (305x259, 132K)

>This was available in the original WoW.

Yeah.

MONTHS BEFORE BURNING CRUSADE.

>During our launch week, as the players spread out across the world, we’ll monitor activity and reduce layers as necessary, so the world continues to feel full.

>I’ll fully support the practices that killed WoW in the first place just to stick it to no changes

Attached: 5F9973F0-7B00-4679-A038-0B985AA6DEF8.jpg (268x284, 10K)

same logic they used for xrealm bgs and nuwow av lol

NO GUYS REALLY IT’S A GOOD THING! GOD I HOPE THEY ADD FLYING NEXT AFTER I GET BORED FARMING BEAR ASSHOLES

It might have been a 'we want this in at launch but we'll delay it for a few patch cycles while tending to bigger problems' kind of deal that they intended to have in WoW much sooner than they managed to get it in. Still, no idea, I'm just playing devil's advocate and saying that for all we know they were really fucking mad that server transfers weren't available for most of Vanilla and only were added in as the base version of the game was ending to start the first expansion.

imagine hating classic wow so much you post on cooldown from the start of a thread to the end of it just to show everyone how butt frustrated you are

big yikes

You shouldn't make either, because Green Nigga from Space is best Warlock Race.

Attached: Orc Warlock.jpg (443x615, 46K)

not just the pet racial, but if he's going to be pvping a lot/ on a pvp server then it's worth going orc for the stun resistance alone since warlocks are way more vulnerable to that in vanilla than fear, with rogues everywhere and all

Playing devil’s advocate even further, this may be the first step into easing a cash shop into Classic.

Ah yes, being able to pack my shit up and leave for $25 if I hate my server/ it died is evil. Good to know. God, the nochange faggots are idiots, just like the streamers they claim to hate.

Careful with that slippery slope, you might break your back.

Do you believe Blizzard saying that the layering bugs are fixed and won't happen post-launch?

?
This literally is not a change though. They were in the game as of 1.12.1.

>Wasting money to just up and leave instead of playing the game again from the beginning because “that’s what Classic was about!”
Yeah, get fucked. Enjoy what’s coming
I’m riding it all the way down to the bottom

Paid transfers were a thing in Vanilla WoW, as were forced name changes by reserving your old name when your character was off server.

>It’s just character transfers bro
You are here
>It’s just companions bro
>it’s just mounts bro
>It’s just level boosts bro

This one is worse:

A question from the AMA:

"Will the Skeletons that appear when someone dies be the same as it was originally? Right now they disappear after you die again, they used to stay longer than that.

It’s kinda important because it used to indicate dangerous areas, when there were a lot of Skeletons on the floor."

Bliz response:

“While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic.”

And when did 1.12.1 release? September 26th 2006. Like 3 1/2 months before tbc release.

Will EU get a new PvE server before launch?

AKA
>We want the Chinese audience because skeletons in video games offend them

Pros: Character doesn't look like dogshit. Ironforge > Orgrimmar. Literally every alliance zone > horde zone
Cons: Will of the forsaken

He doesn't know he joined in legion

The Chinese farmers were the ones leaving them in Stormwind to spell out their website address.

Pro: racials
Con: you’re an alliancefag

>autistic screeching from nochanges faggots.
These updates are interesting because it really shows who never played vanilla

Guys Classic is eventually screwed no matter what they do. If they don’t make changes/add anything, eventually people will get bored and leave. If they do make changes, people who don’t like changes will leave.

They’ll retain a certain number in both scenarios but they’ll always choose whichever path gives them more players/money

no pallies in bgs with their cheap cleanse so you can dot freely usually
get in raids easier

Please respond, both are currently high and I want to play on low pop.

Farmers, yes. I’m talking actual paid subs

>play the game from the beginning
>go regrind your epic mounts, your reputations, your inventory items, your weapons, and your armor, investing hundeds and hundreds of hours into gearing up a clone alt of your main on a new server
>Or be an adult and hand over $25 considering that's less than two hours of work for anyone in the first world with a job more ritzy than 'cashier' or 'burger flipper'.
I get the feeling you waste a lot of your time for arbitrary reasons. That's your choice, but I'm not going to do something as autistic as gearing up clone alts instead of transferring once every few years if I feel like it. My time is literally worth more than that.

All they have to do is NOT add paid services on top of the sub. That’s seriously it

Chinese players don't pay subs.

>My time is literally worth more than that.
>So I’ll spend it playing classic
Man just admit that I’m right and leave the thread already

Attached: 1D9F3E51-C9C0-4B21-A5FF-5C4CD8D7F035.png (493x276, 37K)

>slippery slope

Attached: 1519980210183.png (645x729, 63K)

wow, this AMA is absolutely fucking retarded, as expected of people in reddit, the devs only ask questions that have an already easy answer and that has been answered thousand of fucking times

Attached: 1547972087897.jpg (1024x756, 45K)

Stop it. You never played vanilla. I'm not even going to play classic but the amount of retards shitposting about a game they never experienced is a little boggling.

Keep telling yourself that.

>Paid character transfers will be in Classic.
And that's a good thing. Then I can roll on whatever shit pvp that isn't full and then once it dies I can transfer to Shazzrah, thus being able to play without queue the first week.

But they'll still be in the game so clearly it's not about them.

>open a new server for TBC
>open a new server for Classic+
>keep Classic intact
>profit

And then people bitch/leave when their server becomes emptier and are looking at another reroll if they want an active community

They’re damned if they do and damned if they dont

I'm as bummed out as you are, but it isn't because of skeletons themselves. The game's works off the BfA client, which uses tombstones in place of skeletons. It's probably just because they're scared of some guy spelling out 'NIGGER' or 'SUSANEXPRESS' in stormwind and that's it, which sucks.

Is this your first ama?

>Just ignore the past 12 years of Blizzard jewing out bro. They won’t do it this time!
Man I don’t give a fuck if you do or don’t play classic, just stop trying to defend a money hungry company that obviously can’t help itself

If it were that easy/if Blizzard weren’t so lazy we probably would already have that

of course not, I just expected something more, I guess I'm still too optimistic

I'll keep telling myself the truth, sure.
Genuinely hope we get servers that allow you to experience the game one xpac at a time.

Your proposal was
>Go spend hundreds of hours doing something for no good reason
>Or hand over less than two hours worth of pay, then go spend those hundreds of hours doing literally anything else
I'm happy to play a game, but I'm sure as shit not wasting hundreds of hours just because some dipshit doesn't want server transfers, lol. When they discuss faction changes I'll humor you, but for server-transfers within the same faction? Jesus fucking christ I needed this laugh

Attached: 1436936698418.jpg (450x355, 11K)

You think I wasn't around for all the nonsense? I'm sure well get a tbc if it's popular enough, and I bet you'll cry about flying judt like faggots did back in the day.
That said transfers were available pretty early and if you're going to bitch about them your obviousnewfriend is showing.

>which uses tombstones in place of skeletons.
What the fuck though? Also it’s the legion client isn’t it?

AMAs are never anything more than what they've always been you silly.

>You think I wasn't around for all the nonsense?
Obviously not if you’re calling what I’m saying “shitposting.”

>Go spend hundreds of hours doing something for no good reason
>No good reason
I guess you don’t like playing the game then
>Or hand over less than two hours worth of pay, then go spend those hundreds of hours doing literally anything else
That gets the ball rolling into the cash shop you absolute whale.

I don't know, doesn't bother me at all if they're telling the truth.

Attached: layers.png (1064x1005, 136K)

Is there a reason to want more dead bodies other than “it was in classic, stop changing things?”

>Blizzard going through the motions of something they already did
>DAH BLIZZARDJEWS
What, exactly, is your enlightening point? I remember way too much about this game , from when thunder clap became usable in defense stance to the painful beginning of homogenization of classes with shit like Shams losing lust. You're complaining about them doing exactly what they should be, kys.

I don't remember when they got rid of it, but Chinks spelling out SUSANEXPRESS with bodies was VERY much a thing back then.

Sorry, wasn't clear - I'm probably wrong and it's the legion client (they're very similar anyway), but either way, China's client uses a tombstone model in place of the skeleton. A modelswap would be extremely easy to do for Classic, but they aren't.
In a lot of ways, Blizzard is catering to cash cows and overseas audiences, but this is probably actually just a stupid move to combat gold sellers. That, or there's some spaghetti code they can't undo and they're making an excuse.

>I'll keep telling myself the truth
>Everyone who disagrees with me MUST not have played Vanilla
Holy fuck, the delusion on some people. Sure thing, Gatekeeper-senpai, I have zero memories of grinding Deadmines for a full day to earn gold for my first level 40 mount. You have convinced me, I never played in Vanilla, even though I still have the goddamn box I got from before Molten Core was hastily slapped together, when Onixia was the true raid and if you didn't like it, tough.

Attached: 1291323528708.jpg (300x300, 69K)

I'm concerned about them manually adjusting layers during launch, what happens to people playing when their layer gets deleted?

>You're complaining about them doing exactly what they should be
They should be adding in a cash shop and level boosts?

Yeah I know but that would strike me as a reason to get rid of it.

I’m looking for reasons why they should keep the ‘pile o’ bodies’

Enjoy getting like 100g in Classic for 1000000g in BfA

>We've done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We'll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.
OHNONONO

It helped you know how fucked STV was at the current moment. Other than thst idk desu

Because how else would you know a big battle is taking/took place? Global chat can only ring out so many “X is under attack!” messages

Oh, I agree with you. It's such a non issue to me I can't be bothered to care. There just won't be a Shaman death pile to protest nerfs this time; that's all

>Gatekeeping
okay reddit. Post it, timestamp and all.
Regardless you're acting like a huge baby. Transfers aren't a change, they were there.

Most likely excuse is they were spectacularly lazy

Level boosts will be the biggest seller by far. Zoomers finding the grind too tedious are the biggest threat. They will float Classic's success a year longer than it deserves to be.

Enjoyment is a good reason to play a game in one's leisure time, or to partake in other pointless hobbies like whittling and playing music. I would get no enjoyment out of arbitrarily leveling a clone of something I have already leveled recently just to satisfy autists like yourself, as that would truly be a waste of my leisure time.
>That gets the ball rolling into the cash shop you absolute whale.
And if they ever propose faction changes, character recustomization, and all that other stuff that predated even the very first cash shop mount/ pets, then I will oppose those. But I will not oppose same-faction server transfers, and if you don't like it, I don't care. Neither one of us has any decision-making power here anyway. My time, my life, my money, and I will decide how I spend them all. Choke on it.

>And if they ever propose faction changes, character recustomization, and all that other stuff that predated even the very first cash shop mount/ pets, then I will oppose those.
Oppose it now, user. Don’t wait until the fire is right under your feet

you know they're going to. just like how activision snuck microtransactions into crash team racing when people stopped paying attention.

You do realize after Classic launches, BfA gold will be worth as much as Venezuelan bolivars.

Of course they are. However as history has shown us all, nobody ever listens until it’s way too late

Attached: 237625A4-CE19-40DC-A175-1BD0E24301FF.jpg (807x654, 84K)

>realm transfers, name changes, instant level 60, mount store
>sharting

I'll play this actiblizz classic frankenturd once it goes f2p

>f2p
Lol you wish. The sub is tied to retail

More like oh yes fagggot

People talking over chat is usually how I found the action. And who cares about the aftermath?

How did they do it? Hacking?

> tfw still not sure if human or dwarf warrior alt to play with friends
> dwarf looks based but human has better frame for armors
Is it viable to roll 2 of the same classes on the same server or is it a completely retarded idea

Pros
Looks good in armor
No paladin in horde side to dispel your shit
Paladin in your side

Cons:
I guess ud racials are better

What do you mean viable?

No one’s king to stop you but it seems like a waste

No troll warlocks in vanilla

You could spell out nigger with tombstones tough

I do oppose those things now. I will oppose them quite loudly if they ever start discussing it like they did in the OP image. But I am in favor of server transfers within the same faction, plain and simple. They save time, but they don't skip anything, they just keep the player from having to redo their entire journey on the way to being a raid-geared level 60. I feel the need to say that I would never support leveling boosts like an instant 50 or 60. I am opposed to that, as it's nothing but fast-tracking people without them learning the ropes properly, where I feel every single person needs to level and figure out their class properly. But, if I've already put in the work, I'm not going to do it again without a damn good reason. Just let me pack up and move my guy to a different home if I decide I hate my current neighborhood, AKA server.

Do you even realize who you're talking to? I'm arguing in FAVOR of server transfers, not against. I'm well aware that they were in Vanilla, and I want them to be in Classic. Other people in this thread are acting like it's basically a TBC feature that has nothing to do with Vanilla, all because transfers were introduced a few scant months before TBC launched.

Yeah, wrong wording
Just wondering if it was a tremendous waste or if there were any benefits at all like gearing 2 different specs or something

>horde is murdered by belfs twice
Greek mythology tier tragic

>wait 2-3 years
>open a TBC Classic server
>let players move their character from Classic to TBC Classic
>players that want to stay in Classic can
>players that want something new can play TBC
>wait 2-3 years
>open WotLK Classic
etc.
Alternatively
>wait 2-3 years
>open "seasonal" Classic server that will progress through the patches again, then at the end the character is moved to a static Classic server and the server resets
>players that want to keep playing through Classic, including patches and progression, get their treadmill for the rest of their lives
The is enough content in WoW Blizzard could unironically keep selling it for decades before they need to come up with something new.

Should I make a warrior or warlock?

>completely retarded idea
Complete retard here, I'm probably going to end up with multiple priests. As long as you diversify their professions you will at least always have "hey more gold making ability" as an excuse.

There weren't? Did I blank on that? I don't understand. What about witch doctors? Or are they just considered weird variant shadow priests? Were troll warlocks added in Cata or something and I totally forgot, because I was too busy being excited for gnome priests at the time?

Warlock

you could do this in classic wow though, they even opened up free server transfers from time to time

Yeah i remember when the game was great, then they added character transfers and made it literally unplayable.

Cata I think. Troll priests and shamans were witch doctor/shadow hunter fill ins

They get merged down into another layer.

>weird variant shadow priests
Pretty much any race/class combo that didn't exactly line up with what is depicted in game is assumed to be some stretch of a more believable RTS unit. I always wished they used glyphs to add more "racial" flavor to certain spells and animations, but the time for that has long passed.

Do you want to tank and get into groups a bit more frequently or do you want to enjoy the edge and spam shadowbolt for your entire endgame life? They're both fun options if you ask me, though I will say that Fear is stupid strong in Vanilla and if you want to go the warlock route you're best off doing so as an orc, at least from a PvP standpoint. Stun resistant to fuck over rogues, one of your biggest problems in Vanilla, a buff to your pet's damage as well, and there are no Forsaken on the Alliance side that can pop Will of the Forsaken to break your fear. Every Man for Himself doesn't exist as a human equivalent yet, either.

You can sort of do that in Retail for some classes, like how you're more than welcome to take some lightning-themed glyphs for things like Thunder Clap to really rock some Mountain King flare on a dwarf. That kind of thing is fun. I always love it when I see something like an orc that's transmogged its weapon to a big stupid katana, thrown on some puffy pants, transmogged off his shirt, and is now rocking the full Blademaster look because fuck it, Samuro is cool. Tastuh mai bladeuh.

But, either way, I actually fully agree with you in an odd sense. I don't roleplay, but as an example, I consider my void elf shadow priest to be a High Elf Mage-Priest from WC3 and maybe WC2 (I forget the elven unit names from that one), it's just that a lot has happened since WC3 and while I have a headcanon for her backstory the TL;DR is that she never joined the Horde, hated a lot of what Lor'themar did, clung to her high elven identity while slowly losing her mind to her magic addiction since she never visited the rekindled Sunwell, and eventually when Alleria came back to Azeroth my void elf saught her out and effectively traded her arcane and holy skills for void magic to help with her mana starvation problems.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I sorta wish they used the newer models but I don’t care strongly enough about it to fight the NO CHANGES REEEEE! Crowd

PotM was my favorite WC3 unit and I've been assblasted for over a decade now that they never added a "your hands glow with moonlight" or "turn wand into a bow" glyphs for NE priests. I don't RP as much anymore, but like you I also have canon for my characters. Kind of looking forward to getting back into it on Grob.

So since I don't want to have to pay for a fucking server transfer, what is the OFFICIAL Yea Forums server?

Whitemane?
Grobbulus?

Attached: 1566257259604.jpg (1072x1204, 98K)

>WE'RE GOING HOME BOYS!

Attached: 1565990416473.png (644x800, 125K)

We are though

There are only /vg/ discord guilds. I'm making a horde guild on Thalnos though and am only advertising on Yea Forums.

There were paid server transfers and even free transfers aiming to counter faction/population imbalance up to the end of WotLK.

Attached: 1537765590333.jpg (260x273, 61K)

>human racials
>better than wotf
>for a class that already has strong stealth detection
How stupid are you?

It's kind of unrelated to the class-based discussion we're having, but in regards to WC3 unit representation type stuff, I wish we had some of these guys hanging around Acherus and just inanimate in Northrend and scattered around the Plaguelands from previous battles held in WC3. These guys were cool and I don't like them as much now that they're depicted as benevolent titan constructs (albeit often corrupted and led by Old Gods now), where before they were just mysterious death god statues made of obsidian that obviously reminds real world humans of Anubis.

wow.gamepedia.com/Obsidian_statue

Attached: Obsidian_Statue_HS.jpg (780x1040, 285K)

>Hope you enjoy the eventual race change, faction change, and cash shop!
I won't enjoy shit, I'm not buying that game.

>Fears not as useful when half the enemy faction are undead
Now that the cat's out of the bag about how good the orc stun racial is, I feel like there will be noticeably fewer UD than expected.

I have no problems with paid transfers if there's a cooldown on how often you can do it.

Every time I see one of these I get mad about Uldum. Having saronite ones in WotLK getting oopsie'd into servants of Yogg would have been cool.

That's why crusader strike should be in vanilla, I mean everyone acts like it was a TBC change but it was put in the game scant months before :)

>This was available in the original WoW

Is there an actual to take them out other then nonsense about idiots spelling nigger?

Yeah, I wish they did more shit with this sort of thing in general. Gimme glyph options like Dark Shell for a shadowy Power Word: Shield that doesn't violently clash with Shadowform. Give them moon and star-themed glyphs too, I don't care if there's visual overlap with Balance druid attacks, that's never stopped holy paladins and holy priests from coexisting. There should be all sorts of stuff like this in my mind, like how I adamantly feel that Forsaken and Undead in general should not use the Light for thematic reasons and should only heal with spells like Shadowmend, so I would want glyph options to turn their heals darker. I realize I'm fixating on priest examples here, but as Vanilla's racials for them make clear, priests have a LOT of thematic variation between races, given their different beliefs, gods, etc.

I will say though, some classes that I absolutely love are kind of spoiled in this way, like warlock and death knight. I absolutely adore all the different things I can turn my ghoul into, and I love Unholy Menagerie for Army of the Dead. Junk like that makes me unreasonably happy, and to a lesser extent, so does customizing my demons a bit and deciding on a visual graphic for my soul shards around my shoulders like pic related (not my character, just some random example of such a glyph via google.)

Attached: nbjn0a4qm8r21.jpg (1102x1557, 125K)

Eh, honestly, I wouldn't be terribly against that considering how rough that spec had it in Vanilla. Crusader Strike probably wouldn't even manage to make it viable with how shitty, clumsy, and awkward Vanilla Ret was, even if that button does okay damage.

That’s the only argument I can see other than them saving on rendering more stuff or something like that.

I’m more given to sympathize with Blizzard’s argument as I do remember Chinese bots spelling shit out more than I ever remember being helped out by seeing more dead bodies

You could server transfer in vanilla anyway I think. Or was it BC? Pretty sure it could be done in vanilla however, like people who ninja looted a raid boss or something might start over somewhere else. Or people looking to join a better raid guild might server transfer.

Transferring always seemed like such a shutter thing to do though, abandoning AL your old friends and so on. If you never had friends on a server in the first place I guess no harm no foul, but most people were in guilds ergo had a community to hang with.

They really needed to put money into a "fluff" team to occasionally add stuff like this. I feel like if they really had the balls they'd take classic as an opportunity to polish certain things that Warcraft fans would appreciate. Things that would strengthen the bond a lot of people had toward WC3 while weakening the one we have with how we know the game ends up in BfA.
A lot of people would server transfer as a group. During the transition of BC to WotLK I saw tons of guilds on my dying realm get chunked down as people would leave and take their ~3-5 core buddies with them.

Attached: discipline priest.jpg (1000x768, 53K)

The 2.0 patch doesn't count as Vanilla, anymore than the 3.0 patch counted as BC. The "new expansion talents but current expansion still" time period is always a weird meta state and not an intended part of the expansion.

Crusader Strike WAS ingame, but at the last fucking minute when blizzard shipped the game, they removed it.
it was that hard to make a lvl 55-60 quest which paladins has to learn how 2 crusader strike?
this could had been the lifesaver for prot(Threat increased thanks to Righteous fury and such) and ret getting a proc damage boost

How much would a taunt and crusader strike break the game’s balance
Same goes for some way for moonkins to not be complete ass

Is there diminishing returns on resistance in Vanilla? I was 14 in Vanilla and never cared to learn shit

If I know what I’m doing, how long will it take to get to 60?

I’m not planning on rushing it but I don’t know if I want to take another year to reach the level cap like I did when I was a dumb kid

It wouldn't break, Paladins STILL need holy shield charges and keep an eye on threat, also mana cost.
Beta Paladins didn't had problems with that
>wow.gamepedia.com/Crusader_Strike

a week or so, it doesnt take too Long DEPENDING of the class.
Shamans from 1-40 are literal pain in the ass to lvl.

>Shamans from 1-40 are literal pain in the ass to lvl.
Why? It’s funny you should say that as I was planning on that exact class

People just want WOW with all the modern day bullshit.

>Classic WoW
>Old models
>Except Horde arent hunched over
PERFECT GAME

It'd be interesting to know what that version of Vanilla would have been like, if two tanks could've potentially been viable. Druid sort of was in some instances but they were almost never the main tank, and for good reason.

Why not just have Classic WoW with a ‘new model’ coat of paint?

I’m fine with the old models but a lot of the new models do improve them

I dont like a lot of the new models

The best solution would be to just have the newer models as a client-side graphics setting

I fucking hate the newer Male Human and both genders of Tauren. They look stupid to me, plain and simple, but they look stoic and strong in Classic.

Most of the new models are trash. Orcs look like slack-jawed apes. Trolls and dwarves are ok.

I dono, the old Tauren models looks pretty janky

Granted the new ones are pretty goofy but I kinda like them a little better

Human warlocks are worse than gnomes in almost every possible way

I prefer janky but stoic for them to goofy and genuinely stupid-looking. That's my preference, personally, but I know some people prefer the higher fidelity models across the board, and I have no animosity towards those people even if I disagree with them and like the old models more with few notable exceptions, like how female gnomes got better and are cuter now.

Gnomes look like shit

Agreed, this would be the best. If people want newer models, they'll see only newer models. if they like the Classic versions, toggle that on instead and it'll be 2004 in terms of graphical quality all over again.

Yeah maybe a better way to put my opinion is that I like the newer models overall better even if some are a little odd. It’d be a little odd to have some and not all

>he can't appreciate the fun contrast of a cute little girl with giant pigtails raining down fire and demon brimstone on the innocent

Attached: 1554727819016.jpg (894x894, 368K)

Oh, yeah, I figured we were discussing all or nothing, toggle on new models or don't. I don't imagine there's any possible future where you can have Retail night elves standing beside Classic humans. Update the whole batch of models for the world or don't, no picking and choosing, it gets too granular.

Horde > Alliance
Shaman > Paladin
Tanks play fury spec in fury gear
Mana tide is bad

Fuck off Staysafe

Attached: esmario.png (251x300, 87K)

NOBODY WANTS 1.12 WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH BLIZZARD

literally fucking who, eceleb-poster?

Hope you guys didn't want to leave multiple corpses behind

>he isn't on the secret best server
I'll be having the time of my life in Azeroth™ while you're in position 7734 in the queue.

Attached: 1516306397367.gif (260x146, 2.29M)

Based and cutepilled, those types of characters are always great

Attached: 142e1.jpg (1192x670, 110K)

doing it wrong
you sell tokens for classic gold

>mods deleting video game discussion threads

Attached: 1566341050813.png (1001x920, 375K)

im sorry you're not gonna be able to spam le epic racial slur in orgrimmar bro, yikes!

Attached: 1422250448416.png (500x382, 213K)

You don't even care about any of this, do you?

You and I will not be on the same server, but I share your enthusiasm and candor. Here's to not playing on the streamercuck server that makes goddamn Blighttown look non-toxic by comparison.

Attached: 1485533977649.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

Yeah I remember asshat goldsellers doing that, that's fair.

On that note, I wonder if goldseller bots will still be able to do that thing where they glitch out and manage to sit in the middle of the air on top of one another to make more vertical versions of spam adverts.

Attached: ZKdIDii.jpg (1920x1200, 610K)

As long as they don't allow PvE players to transfer to PvP realms that's fine with me.
t. pve player

But why does it matter?

I’m having a hard time seeing this as anything but a nonissue

>that reasoning for not doing something
then why would anyone do anything ever at all?
This is some Michael Scott retardation.

Those aren't skeletons, those are bodies.

Hi blizzard shill, did you report that other thread?

I hope everybody who is against this ends up on a server that dies.

It matters for one thing that probably won't even be recreated in Classic: the Hakkar Blood Plague. Looking for clusters of skeletons helped you avoid catching the fuckflu, but I got pozzed pretty often when this was going on, so maybe it wasn't so helpful after all.

Attached: 563.jpg (800x450, 107K)

Give me literally any reason to think you aren’t some butthurt faggot upset that you won’t be able to corpse spell incendiary words

Do bodies have different despawn timers than skeletons? If so, didn't know.

>rebbit screenshot
>screencaps his downvote
neck yourself OP

Attached: 1539178311833.png (763x629, 36K)

any white people want to make a whites only guild?
comprehensive checks in order to get in

>mods deleting the 10th thread about the same topic in the same hour
Despise the lack of economic compensation, sometime they do their job.

It looked nice seeing the aftermath of a huge battle. Hundreds of corpses littered around the landscape signaling what just went down. It also put you on guard if you came across one in the wilderness since it could mean whoever left that corpse is still nearby and might belong to the other faction.

>you can only discuss an emergent video game topic once
>except we allow unlimited reruns of softcore porn waifu dumps

>Asking for tit pics to verify whiteness
Genius

How many people play wow that aren't white?

>I'm too retarded to use the catalog
OK retard.

If it’s a massive battle, there’s still going to be bodies. And if it’s a player camping a bunch of people, you’re still going to see multiple skeletons

I can’t see it making the difference in living or dying but whatever

Yea Forums is split into two kind of posters, the people who enjoy things and post about them, and the people that are obsessed with the previous kind and spend every day seething about them

why is that the assumption? how does adding a system that existed in classic indicate that they will also add cash shop/level boosts etc to classic?
all this shows is that 4-12 years from now they will do it again. not now

Honestly I enjoy raging and I'll rage over pretty much anything.

this should only be enabled in capitals and maybe 1-10 zones only

What would it feel like to spread your paladin seed in some forsaken wench?

Cold?

clammy and horrible for you, then like molten slag for her, searing her from the inside out

>leddit
>leddit spacing
>downvote
everything you posted is shit and doesnt matter.
also since you can't read properly, this was in vanilla.

Nobody cares about your shit arguments drone, now go pay for your gay unicorn mount

Proven right in real time

classic wont have that shit, faggot

>Friend is rolling Alch
>Gonna have him make some of these and keep a stack or two on me at all times explicitly to cuck UD rogues when they pop WotF
Can't wait lads

Attached: ENZYd4Z[1].png (396x147, 18K)

Bodies means each of those corpses is a separate character, where as before you could make that entire formation with just one character dying repeatedly.

It's true though, Activision is going to sell mounts and transmogs for classic. Getting a mount in classic is a big investment and status symbol, so people will trade real money for it. And the ability to xmog between BfA and classic is a feature a lot of customers want to pay for.

>Enjoyment is a good reason to play a game
Peak funbrain.
Enjoying something is not a valid excuse for having shit taste.
WoW classic is a good game so it's okay to enjoy it, but you should at least fucking check if a game is good before enjoying it. Don't be a slave to your own bad taste.

Half your shit is insta cast and your only using one spell anyway so eh.
I played pally in vanilla ret in BC and Id like to walk down nostalgia lane but god damn I dont have the time and to many min maxxing autists will be on it. Plus WOW is beyond dated and its not worth it. I know I should... god damnit no I wont play.

Paid transfers were avaliable pretty quickly. Blizz straight up did free transfers from Hyjal and lots of other old realms during times of high pop when WOW was growing in subs those were for free until the transfer limit was reached per realm.
Paid transfers were in existence from mid late vanilla if I remember correctly.

xD I joined about 2 months after that really wished I wouldnt of missed it. I hope they bring that back as a gag during certain times of play would be fun.

You just said WoW Classic is a good game and that's the only one we've discussed, so what point are you trying to make? If a game is shit I don't buy it.

Yeah that was already in vanilla, zoomer.

>implying that enjoying a game isn't enough reason to play it
>a game
>enjoying your time spent with the product isn't enough reason to keep using said project
Holy fuck, sometimes I forget how intense the contrarian doublethink gets around here.

Attached: 1529519983178 (1).gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Orc and undead are the most rolled races of the Horde, just as Human and night elf are for the alliance.

>hate speech

if some autist is willing to put in the 3 hours it takes to corpse run 50 characters out to org so he can spell fag then who can really be mad at that

Attached: 1540334620986.png (500x332, 189K)

>My time, my life, my money
How would you like it if the doctor who was going to treat your illness said that he didn't feel like it because it's not fun?
What about your spouse, electric company, bank, place of employment, or the police?
You benefit from the work of other people. It'd be a real shame if those people decided that you don't deserve the effort.
Convenience enables casuals.
Casuals oppose the idea of earning rewards through dedication and sacrifice.
Without that idea, the playerbase as a whole becomes lazy and entitled.
This means that the players you group with will get comfortable being low skill, and will act like it's your fault when you criticize their attitude.
The group's mentality will be a race to the bottom.
Groups will no longer be good. In an MMO.

That's all an extreme case, but is that really the attitude you want to promote?
I for one don't want the game's players to have the scrub-enabling mentality.

>call other guy "funbrain"
>thinks that wow was a good game
Oh no, it's retarded.

they die irl

False equivalence dipshit, stopped reading after >if the doctor who was going to treat your illness said that he didn't feel like it because it's not fun?
I took no hypocratic oath or anything even remotely resembling one, never swore to protect any of you, and never promised you fucking anything. I want what I want, you want what you want, now fuck yourself and get off your high horse.

So why are so many shitposters so fucking upset about Classic?

If Final Fantasy online is better, play Final Fantasy online. If BfA is more engaging, play BfA. What harm does Vanilla WoW Only This Time With Slightly More Protection From Chinks do?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

classic posters seem to be the most butthurt some how.

The only really butthurt guy I've seen is some dude who spams about a streamer named Asmongold

I wouldn't know the streamer's name if the guy didn't complain about him so much.

Oh no no no, DEFEND THIS

Attached: 1566352702262.png (1258x408, 107K)

>WoW ruined MMOs
>Blizzard is shit with no redeeming factors anymore
>the Classic fanbase
>Constant shilling for nostalgia bait that's not even out
It's basically going to follow suit with OSRS and going to be ruined in a couple of updates.

OSRS died with the GE update. What inevitable update do you think will ruin Classic?

They were in Vanilla

Dumb as fuck reason but if persistent skeletons were actually a dealbreaker for anybody they'd have jumped ship a long time ago.

paid character transfers were in late classic, nostbaby

>black ops 4 a dead game made 800 million from MTX
>people in this thread think they wont add MTX to classic
how fucking stupid are you people?

Attached: green girl.png (500x500, 101K)

There's still persistent skeletons, they're just limiting to 1 per player at a time. Previously if you died 5 times you'd leave 5 skeletons, now your old one despawns when you spawn a new one.
It's literally just to stop bot farms being able to write shit on the group easily.

>NOBODY WANTS 1.12 WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH BLIZZARD

spotted the bfa shill

Attached: unknown.png (374x326, 94K)

For me, it's the gnome mage

Attached: 1241144.jpg (410x407, 21K)

are there going to be more servers? Cause I remember the half hour queues back in 2005. Its one of the things I was hoping wouldn't come back.

They just released 2 more today

oh thats good.

Attached: 1484154568258.jpg (600x992, 72K)

>OSRS died with the GE update
Lol

OSRS is more popular than RS, and is more alive than most MMOs.

gnomepilled

WoW appeals to lots of people with lots of different interests, just to name the most common ones
>Leveling
>Raiding
>Dungeons
>PvP
>World PvP
>RP

Now whenever you touch something, for example balance a skill which might be broken in PvP, you touch all the rest. It gets annoying when you feel like your clan is getting attacked. For Retail, the only group which got its way was raiders because Blizzard was filled with raiders from the old EQ days, and not just average ones, but the top really autistic literal poopsocking kind. Fast forward a decade and WoW is a mess of convenience features for raiders and everyone else got fucked.

It makes you salty. You see the potential in WoW for your interest, and get pissed when Blizzard appeal to someone else and ruin your fun. I get pissed at it all the time. I just want them to expand the 1 to 60 leveling experience, and dont give a fuck about raiding. So when I see people demanding something like respecs so that their raiding experience is easier it makes me salty.

This is the problem with WoW as I see it, it's too many things to too many people and over time at least someone (and probably everyone) is going to get fucked over because of it

Fuck off you retarded /pol/tards

Skeletons are still in the game. You just cant spawn multiple from a single character to stop gold farmers spelling out websites.

>I stopped playing a game so it's dead now
It has more people playing than ever before

>didn't really care about queues but now my connection is dropping constantly so far this week
This shit better be resolved before launch, fucking c*mcast.

The first step is recognizing everyone wants something different. The second is only making changes that work within the entire game. Does it mean they can only do less major changes? Yeah, but that's probably a good thing.

And there are still some other ideas people have thrown around which can be added for certain groups without affecting everyone else, like EvE-style PvP land control, or new raids, or new leveling zones/re-using old leveling zone with new content.

>muh hates peach
It's all so tiresome.

Okay

/pol/tards are morons and literally the same as the tumblr tier retards they complain about.

Red pilled enough yet?

Such an awful excuse. The only reason anyone hates goldfarmers is because of chat spam.

you retards never learn, do you?

Attached: 1494419482757.jpg (712x1024, 211K)

Attached: 1547216234718.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>he doesn't like product
>better call him /pol/ and reddit
You should probably call him an incel and a schizo too!

The funny thing is if you were not newfags here before the fappening and the shittid incursion you would know /pol/ was the laughing stock of Yea Forums.

Hell, it still is. Everyone against you is not some secret mind controlling jew or a tranny. They are just rational people who know you're all a bunch of wanna-be whites who cant get laid and blame it on society.

Its just sad how depressed and angry you all are.

>they are all just rational people
Ehhhhh

>/pol/ the laughingstock
>not Yea Forums and Yea Forums
Get off my lawn, cancer

within the context of averages

still better than being either a left or right wing nutjob

The big thing is that people know exactly what they are getting this time, and those who like what they will get can't be easily swayed to "lose their hype" with shitposting so to speak. So shitposters have to REALLY grasp at straws to make the usual "shitposting about a game that's about to release" tactic work. There won't be any buyer's remorse or "OH NO NO" this time, and that's basically the shitposters nightmare.

THE FINAL POLL

>HORDE POLL
strawpoll.me/18513188
strawpoll.me/18513188
strawpoll.me/18513188

>ALLIANCE POLL
strawpoll.me/18513192
strawpoll.me/18513192
strawpoll.me/18513192

I will be playing classic as well after being on many private servers, but everyone should be realistic and expect most players to quit before phase 2 even begins.

Yes but what does that have to do with Hillsbrad, Blackrock Mountain and Camp Nesingwary turning into a bonefield?

>Oceanic only has 1 PvP world
Fuck me is this perfect, everyone has to stick to alliance or horde forever.

Going to be some mad bants

Its almost like shitposting gets you banned

But you could do that in vanilla. Are you just trying to be pissed off?

It doesn't you're just asshurt as fuck they were right

I don't see how this is a bad thing when it will help keep the game alive if people start leaving.

A shitposters nightmare would be no (You)s. All we had to do was imply their were shitposters and it's shaking the thread around.

>the best they can do is layering, which is temporary and skeletons, which no one cares about
They're getting desperate. They know its going to happen, people are actually going to have fun on launch playing an old MMO and no amount of shitposting will change that.

>There won't be any buyer's remorse or "OH NO NO" this time,
They'll patch some in! Just you wait.

Wait what did they change about AV from classic?

AV had an earlier version that had more objectives and was thiccer.
It was changed before BC into the sticc version.

now this green nigga from space is certainly based

There are always shitposters though

if blizzard launches too many servers they will be fucked too.
thats what they did back then and even in vanilla many were dead as hell.

>I'm a leveling only casual and I get upset over things that do not concern me
mentally ill

>Im a raiding only casual and I get upset over things that do not concern me
mentall ill

>thinks WoW raids are hardcore
>spends forever crying about no LFR, expensive respecs, gear drops and every other convenience thing ever until he gets retail made again
Lol, you're more casual than levelers by miles kiddo.

Also true. But with almost half saying FULL and the majority being HIGH or higher says they might want more.

No one knows if anyone is going to stick around after launch though

thats the thing. if you launch too many servers early people will suffer down the line unless they got mergers planned but those are always messy.
if they dont have enough servers people will struggle at launch before the tourists fuck off.

the way WoW servers work is shitty like that.

tough talk from someone who cant cut it in raids.

I think I would rather have a week or two of queues and shitshow servers but fewer servers than inevitable death

Although I cant talk, Oceanic has 1 PvP server which is only high so we're set for life.

Tough talk coming from someone who had over a decade of updates making raiding more accessible for him because he couldn't handle vanilla leveling.

Also I raided and it was easy and boring as shit. Making your content time consuming does not make it hard.

>couldnt handle vanilla leveling
lmao
any braindead retard made it to 60. even melee hunters.
gotta be pretty damn delusional to believe that somehow vanilla leveling was too much for anybody.

>getting this salty over the truth
Back to retail you go kiddo

nice mental illness

>ONE (1) PVP server soon to be locked
>will still be high which is considerably larger pop than a classic server after the 1 month quitters
>no poopsocks xferring off or faction changing to make faction dominant servers
>near perfect 50/50 split based on census
Bless Arugal

Attached: 1565685873057.jpg (1024x1365, 593K)

No paid transfers please.
Really...it costs absolutely nothing to copy a few kb of data from one server to another

Cool, Archeage is back with a buy to play server with all bullshit striped out. WoW looks good. I can play both.

Attached: 56436482_269669127312670_5130803807663423488_n.jpg (460x497, 16K)

>Months before

It was.made available before 90% of realms had the AQ gates opened. Transferring and stealing Scarab Lord on backwater servers was a problem because of it.

Cons: Fear not as good
Pros: Dont have to deal with paladin cleanse spam, less reapplying dots in pvp

Why would server merges be messy but layering not? Its the same shit

What should i main Yea Forums?
>dwarfpaladin
prot spec for leveling then switch to heal for eventual raiding.
>nelfwarrior
Tank spec all the way through.
Honestly im having trouble deciding.

Attached: 1563396339810.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

Its entirely different.
Server merges makes multiple servers collide community and economy wise and you have ugly concessions like having characters like Steve-ServernameA and Steve-ServernameB because they dont want to force people to rename.

Layers are more like channels you see in other mmos.

Weren't server transfers free, if you were on either a dead or overcrowded server?
I'm probably misremembering, i doubt blizz was ever based enough to offer free transfer, but just wondering

Attached: Sp6W7C7_d.jpg (640x320, 19K)

FYI Nelf warrior is the worst alliance warrior (but if you're not a minmaxer it doesn't matter) and leveling as tank spec sucks and basically unnecessary for that level of tanking. Dwarf paladin are best for pvp though. Stoneform/bubble through rogue shit and cleanse their poisons off your friends/stun them and they will kill themselves.

crowded to new low server was free.
but thats a fucking shit deal new/dead servers suck.

What? Realm transfer is LITERALLY in the patch classic launches with you fucking nigger.

purity spiralling posers expose themselves in these threads all the time.

you don't need to go full tank spec, just equip a shield and 1h (and keep those trained)
there are important talents in the other trees like Anger Management which you don't want to miss

How the fuck is that any different to phasing or xrealm battlegrounds?

1% dodge ain't nothing to scoff at user. They're also the only tank that can drop threat without dying

the nelf stances are all stupid as fuck though, especially male sword and board

you're legitimately braindead.

So you think having server suffixes is bad, except in xrealm BG's, which will be in classic, and except in phasing, which exists in retail? Having some shit after their name is much preferable to layering.

Are you aware of how much of a pain in the ass it is to get the ingredients for this

No price is too heavy to pay for cucking UD rogues

>In mid 2006, Blizzard Entertainment began the Paid Character Transfer Service, which is sometimes referred to as PCT.
>mid 2006

dumbass.

does anyone have the screenshot of the twitch poster who donated 100 bucks and then said he was gonna donate another 20 cuz the streamer didnt say his name?

BC came out in 2007 user, unless you were trying to imply that Character Transfers came really late in Vanilla.

They really aren't, my alch friend is a druid so they can easily grab the 4 nodes in the Hinterlands caves

Dodge is nice but human warrior is better for PvE both tanking and DPS. Weapon skill is completely broken for aggro generation (more important than damage mitigation) and DPS. Gnome and Dwarf get more useful PvP skills than 1% dodge. Shadowmeld is cool though, if you know how to use in pvp it can be dope occasionally. Ultimately most people play night elves because they look cool, which is absolutely a valid reason to do so. None of the racials matter quite as much as minmaxers imply them to.

not implying anything, character transfers came with the naxx patch in vanilla and i used it on my rogue

If Blizzard have to meld servers together because of autistic complaining
Would that be a Spergermerger?
:D

Man how long did it take you to look that up?

I'd be seething like then as well, if i had spent 10000s of hours farming for a mountain of worthless virtual nothing that's about to become even more worthless
Some of those shitposters even bought cash shop mounts, just watch as a coping paypig furiously gives me (you) in a couple minutes

Shadowmeld is great for "shenanigans" if you at all plan to PvP. It's an unquantifiable usefulness, but something to think about.

>watching videos of people talking about their raiding experiences in vanilla
>it sounds 100% dogshit awful with endless wipes, hours grinding just to enter them and entire months wasted throwing yourself at the same boss over and over
>the only fun they had was playing dungeons and leveling with their friends
Remind me again why anyone gives a shit about raids

Yeah like it isnt something you will use every round or as a core strategy. Every now and then you will pull off a funny set up with it usually against weaker enemies anyway. Honestly warrior is the hardest class to do that with too. It's way easier to pull off as a Hunter or a priest using it to Mind Control gank.

I'm anxious about the community aspect of classic. Yea Forums is fine because it's all user and mostly shitposts, but every server already has its own discord and so much of the discussion that should "rightfully" be on the official forums are on third party sites away from Blizzard moderation. I wish I could hold a gun to everybody's head to keep them on the official forums and make sure the community doesn't fragment before it even has a chance to be something. There should be an active push to only use the realm forums or in-game chat if you want to talk to other players about WoW stuff. Thanks for reading my blog.
I like it for flag defense. It's also a valuable /afk tool.

Attached: the frosty keychain.jpg (680x834, 168K)

Where are my Skeram brethren at?

Attached: 1565438221647.jpg (1290x2075, 542K)

you're no different from reddit, other than you think you're cooler. which means you're an even bigger faggot

THE FINAL POLL

>HORDE POLL
strawpoll.me/18513188
strawpoll.me/18513188
strawpoll.me/18513188

>ALLIANCE POLL
strawpoll.me/18513192
strawpoll.me/18513192
strawpoll.me/18513192

Shadowmeld charging people was always a blast.

>When you see the NE War shadowmeld from 50y+ away
>And there's not a god damn thing you can do about it

Attached: 1487809493326.gif (351x251, 40K)

should i roll alliance or horde?

i pretty much only played ally in the old days and i think it would be interesting to go horde for an alternate experience but their capital cities fucking suck balls

Tauren or Orc Shaman? Mainly for Resto PvP/PvE with maybe some LeLemental one day or Dark Edge of Insanity enhance.

horde has superior flightpath placement for dungeons, with only Deadmines actually being easier for alliance to get to. Not that Stockades was good for anything but farming wool, and Gnomer was very rare.

You're closer to BRS, Scarlet Monastery, Maraduon and have a much easier time getting to the plaguelands.

I think the only exception is that you have to go very close to Lakeshire to get to Searing Gorge as horde from the south

You can go aaaaaaall the way around Lakeridge if you're scared of going across the bridge, but a possible corpse run + the bridge is still faster.

I seriously don't understand why all these normie streamers told their zoomer audience to roll Warlock. Warlock has the most spells and abilities out of any class by a huge margin. It's a control heavy style of PVP, keeping your opponent constantly locked through fear and seduction, while slowly DoT'ing them to death. It's a totally different style of PVP than what most people expect.

Rogue, Mage, Warrior, Hunter, even SPriest are way more fun to PVP with.

Warlock is actually hard to recruit for early raids. You're a summon bitch for lazy raiders and you don't get hit gear until ZG is out. Mages get a free 6% from talents and you get jack shit. So through MC you're going to get cucked in damage by most classes.

Also in pvp you're pretty good 1v1 if you're skilled. But in all reality when warriors and rogues start getting good gear they're going to just fucking steamroll you.

>But in all reality when warriors and rogues start getting good gear they're going to just fucking steamroll you.

Warlocks shit on literally everyone once they have gear, class doesn't even matter. It's just that if you're the typical part of the heart in a mix of pre-raid and MC gear you're a free HK to most classes because lmao half your pre-raid bis is level 40 greens and you have 2k HP.

>It's also a valuable /afk tool.
Unironically a huge value. The ability to AFK in important parts of zones and not get ganked without being a rogue is kind of fucking cool.

Oh you guys won me over on shadowmeld See this is why I loved vanilla, there are so many little wrinkles you don't think about

I played warlock in vanilla and I intend to play it in classic. I picked warlock because I checked my server's statistics, (Sargeras - US PVP), at the time in 2006, warlocks were the least played class on my server, except for druids. So I rolled a warlock.

I love the class but I will also have a rogue alt. Warlocks are fun for me personally but I'm not delusional, it's a very awkward class and it's very obvious this class was designed last, confirmed by vanilla devs like Jordan.

I just think a lot of Zoomers are in for a rude awakening. They kept hearing how warlocks 'get a free mount' but they don't really understand what that free mount entails: playing a warlock to 40.

Shadowmeld and wisp form makes leveling a night elf so convenient, especially on pvp servers

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but your Perception racial stacks with your Felhunter's Paranoia.

Makes you extra good at finding Rogues and Druids and fucking them in the ass, so there is at least one positive that comes out of it compared to Gnome, however minimal it is.

Isnt PvP gear dank for warlocks too because its ultra high stam and that scales really well for them?

Wisp Form also has uses in AV for graveyard hopping

Also the Menethil run, or did they nerf the ghost run in vanilla?

Major issue I have with Nelf is that teldrassil and darkshore aren't great starting areas compared to elwynn and dun morogh. And as my only night elf ever was a hunter, I had to go to Ironforge to get a gun

It's only dank in the sense that if you have soul link and a void walker with you, you are literally an unkillable turtle

Classic has what a year of life before it goes shit? When they release tbc it is no longer classic. They need to go the osrs route

>I just think a lot of Zoomers are in for a rude awakening
Zoomers are in for a rude awakening on warriors too. People like tips out have zooms thinking that it's easy to get warrior to 60 and easy to get 8 of them to near enough gear when they have to compete with rogues.

I am already predicting we will see the same collapse in warriors by Naxx as we did in vanilla other than for the people who intentionally work to prepare for it.

I'm predicting a shitload of warriors and warlocks early (relatively) and by end game they will be much more normalized

considering rolling lock, mage, rogue, or hunter first
my main interest is levelling and PvP, not so much raiding
rogue is pretty much only in consideration because of how easy it makes it to fuck with people, the others because they have good utility and interesting abilities

Well then they stick you on defense with a BM hunter and everyone just looks at the two of you and says "nope"

>when they have to compete with rogues.
Jokes on you losers, I'm seal fate/daggers spec

They're not adding tbc to this fren, they're most likely going to add fresh servers so people can go for new speed runs then. This game actually has a potential for a speed running community because it won't ever change much.

I rerolled to DW fury before AQ (hugely controversial at the time, total no brainer now). Rogues like you were my buds because instead of making our lives harder you guys stopped competing over the same loot and in exchange you got to get better for PvP weapons from raids anyway.

Shadowmeld has plenty of uses outside of just gimmicks or getting the jump on someone.

My prediction: Blizz will add TBClassic, after Classic WoW is a roaring success. But TBClassic will be the definition of 'you think you do but you don't'. And all the 25 year olds who played arena and raided in welfare gear at age 12, will finally realize that TBC is actually a totally garbage xpac and ruined the based and redpilled adventure game that is and was, vanilla WoW.

Yeah I was corrected in this thread. I never played night elf so cheers this is why vanilla was good

Join a decent fucking guild and raiding will never be shitty. You understand that WoW's strong point is the social aspect but can't figure out why people like raiding? OK.

Should I roll on Blaumeux or Skeram? Everything else is high or full. What communities are settling there?

Yeah what people are you guys watching where they shit on raids. I remember seeing the Nightmares Asylum Domo and Rag videos and how it made me want to play the game harder when I was thinking about quitting. The feel of 40+ people exploding in vent after a first kill was amazing, it was absolutely what solidified the game for me.

Besides what was already mentioned, it drops your opponent's target.

If they open up with a cast on you, you can shadowmeld to cancel their cast and charge them immediately.

But if you're not 60 yet you'll probably lose anyway because they're a caster.

Same kind of communities that are already on Herod and Whitemane. They'll be normal servers, just for spillover population.

Can confirm, the guild I raided with in vanilla was full of great, hilarious people and we always had a blast. Many hijinx were had.

fuck about levelling and shit, how do you farm gold!
50g respec and shit. ill have to level an alt just to farm gold for the pvp,tanking(if i go war), pve, and farming specs

just run dungeons lmao

I remade characters on Blaumeux. Not going to deal with several hour queues on Whitemane.

>checking the oceanic discords
Amusingly these basically act like polls

Looks like Alliance is royally boned in Australia. Makes sense we're basically barrens anyway.

Attached: 456456456.png (1118x694, 80K)

At first I was kind of sad it wouldn't be the same but then I realized it could a whole world of new friends, new experiences. I want to be a leader this time so badly.

horde seems fun but i don't want to look at unga bunga mud huts everywhere i go

pick a profession and its gathering equivalent. mind you Enchanting Vellum isn't a thing in vanilla so you'll have to socialize to make money off of that

Horde is pain.

On one hand they have the best races and Shaman > Paladin. But on the other the leveling is desert, desert everywhere.

They could make a completely new lvl 70 expansion that isn’t TBC.

Yeah be prepared if you go warrior its THE most expensive class with the WORST farming ability.

What is the account login info for the in game menu? Battlenet doesn't work

>not wanting to play hardmode
naw little baby needs his heals and pets to save him

>leveling is desert, desert everywhere.
I tried several times during Vanilla-Cata to reroll Horde. I never could play for very long. I hate the hunched over models. I hate the cities. I hate the leveling zones.

I'd rather have a bunch of trannies and kids and boomers, who all suck at PVP, on my faction than put up with those god awful cities and scoliosis models, and boring flat nothingness while questing.

kek will of the warrior brother no fear

>Shaman > Paladin

Attached: 19294763.png (499x498, 291K)

>Shaman > Paladin

Attached: 1565128383290.jpg (676x698, 160K)

As much as I want to play Orc Shaman the zones and leveling as horde is just absolute balls. Like you said the zones and cities look awful.

Also the cardinal sin horde music is awful.

You've been watching this too many times haven't you

youtube.com/watch?v=OhYeAfo1mWE

>both WoW and its clone have cash shops
>both are sub based
God damn MMOs are in a sad state

Attached: 1565683572441.jpg (9999x3216, 3.72M)

nilla pallies are the second only to warriors in how boring and painful they are to level
their tank spec can't main tank, their dps spec can't top dps, only the healer is viable, and even then the gameplay loop is just casting buffs every 5 minutes or so

>hate speech, and other negative messages
Blizzard? Sweetie? Your transphobic ass is showing

classic.wowhead.com/quest=5047/finkle-einhorn-at-your-service

>boring and painful they are to level
Leveling Warrior is THE only way to play Vanilla.

Everyone else is just there to support the real heroes.

>horde music is awful.
HRAH.... HOOO... RAH.... (repeat times infinity)

Attached: 1566072467768.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

Attached: 1503272358671.jpg (640x640, 62K)

He's obviously talking about dying in terms of soul/good game design

My friend when played very well they are absolute game changers in PvP, especially when paired with warriors.

They are boring, they are indeed the class you might play while jerking off sometimes, but if you know what you are doing, you are INSANELY valuable in both PvP and PvE, people will practically compete over you.

>Can't have persistent corpses and skeletons because someone might make a swastika with them

Attached: 1301425039609.jpg (400x330, 11K)

I love you didnt even have to (You) anyone here the gif just says everything

Have you actually played the game? The chinese just multicliented like 60 chars at once and formed the website name like that, this doesn't stop it. I'd post screenshots I took in vanilla and TBC but gookmoot has blocked imageposting for my entire ISP so I'd buy a pass.

More like someone will constantly have ads in the major cities.

Fuck it, I'm going to make a Rogue and go Daggers at 30 and gank my way to 60. I was going to go Warrior for the PvE shit but I really want to play Prep/Cold Blood.

Why are we pretending like there won't be constant ads in trade, general, and whispers anyway?

Literally every MMO suffers from gold seller advertisement. And also "hate speech". You can't get rid of it. You can't police it to extinction.

Attached: 1565990295469.jpg (728x483, 31K)

>You've been watching this too many times haven't you
Never seen that or any promo junk for retail

Am I the only one who quit after vanilla ended at early TBC and never came back until right-fucking-now?

>We can't stop it completely so we should just let it happen
Eat a dick, chink.

Attached: brainscan.jpg (251x201, 11K)

No one is pretending that, it's just a measure to cut down on them.
People would have a shit fit if they actually banned people for using "Hate speech", but the idea that they couldn't is laughable at best. The idea that they wouldn't because of the backlash it quite telling tho.

I did one better I never even played retail just nost

Only got to 24 before the server got KO'ed by Blizzard. So I get to have a whole new experience.

Obviously gold seller advertisement should be policed. But hard limiting corpses for everyone, instead of just a select-few accounts after they are reported for gold selling advertising, is stupid.

This is a stupid preventative measure that just screams 'laziness'. People smarter than me have already brought up solutions for this. But sadly I doubt Blizz will listen. God forbid someone has to write 3 lines of code.

nah we'll be fine lad

People have brought up solutions without knowing anything about the coding for the gamne, so sure, they're solutions, but it's silly to think some basic shit like >Durr just auto move the corpse on death. Wasn't thought up in the office and talked about. It's the easiest solution without having to make something that would need constant watching after.

Please explain how you'd move a corpse with 3 lines.

so does this mean I won't be able to do the traditional Mailboxcow run?

>drop threat without dying
This is the old Shadowmeld, not the vanish one

it won't fully drop it, but it will take you off the aggro list for a bit

You say that, but clearly you weren't around for people jumping ship to shit servers to get easy scarab lord title and mount.

No it won't, it's literally unusable in combat catabab

how many warriors are needed for raids again? I know its somewhere around 3 tanks or so for mc/bwl

im not sure I wanna rerun 200 times the same instances for that 1 drop for gear or roll ally and get it stolen by stupid paladins

If someone is reported for gold selling, hard limit their skeletons account-wide to 1

As many as you can while bringing all the necessary raid debuffs, they are the best DPS too. Generally you'll have about 8

>After X seconds, transfer corpse X meters below the surface of the world.

theres pretty much no point in using fear
because of this people dont roll ally lock generally
so if you roll ally lock you will always be in demand if you arent garbo

Gnomes lose line of sight if a pebble is in front of them

there's also hiding inside your voidwalker. engy spec is also great as it helps you skip a certain stretch of mats and allows you to reach thorium without making relatively expensive mithril shit

Gnomes are good for melee classes but I'd hate playing them as a caster, stumps and rocks literally block your LoS and their vanilla camera is retarded.

>god tier paladin
>can't really play anything else well
>saved multiple raids and AV's by just lay on handsing the MT
>your class is a joke even though you do a shit ton of dps with the right build

Attached: 1566011918983.jpg (1000x963, 86K)

vocaroo.com/i/s19WEofzT7DG
Oh shit, how long till Gaming Media labels Classic a hotbed of the Alt-right?

Attached: Peterson_is_going_Home.jpg (1692x2374, 386K)

>Blizzard contacts streamer for a free server transfer.
>Encourages hundreds of orbiters to pay for transfers.
EZ money.

>shit ton of dps

with an investment of gear. lucky you that Hand of Rag will likely go to holy paladins as they're the only dps that use 2 handed maces effectively

>your class is a joke even though you do a shit ton of dps with the right build
This is false though, even with the best gear possible you're only competing vs shadow priests while not providing a valuable debuff like they do. Ret paladins are garbage and you will never raid.

Did you even read the comment before autistically screencapping it and bringing it here redditfag?

Trans rights.

Once they get gear yes, in all honesty if people bring 8 warriors in shit gear to MC the first time they might be a little surprised by how it goes

We are talking about ideal circumstances. Gear and consumables are a huge part of everyone's DPS. You don't plan around Timmy who runs around with no consumables and green gear.

I tried to tell them about the slippery slope but they wouldn't listen. They said it was a fallacy. NuBlizz keeps adding new shit or taking away from what Classic originally was. They still won't listen. Why anyone have faith in Nublizz is beyond me. When will you WoWfags ever learn?

Attached: 1563990225086.jpg (798x1024, 111K)

>Paying to change server
It's literally an automatic process, just put a week/month cooldown on the process, but I guess people who still play WoW is willing to pay for literally anything.

Most players are going to be Timmy that runs around with no consumables and green gear.

Classic being a "solved" game isn't going to change that. People are just as retarded and low effort as they were back in the day, they just have less excuses for it now.

>No FR
>no DEF+
>no stam or str in gear
>leather or mail
fuck I can't wait to see the noobs play

spoken like a true retarded boomer drug addict who doesn't know that some greens are way better then some epics

i got this green level 50 world drop roll with 50 attack power on it but GREEEEEEEEEN BAAAAAD

that thing easily outclasses everything until bwl

Attached: 1498045647486.jpg (640x360, 34K)

>wow classic
is this an out of season april fool's joke?

Warriors are regardless the highest DPS in every raid tier in Vanilla, and with them being the most played class there won't be a shortage of decent to good geared ones either. The casuals won't even raid just like in real vanilla.

onyxia

Actually it's possible for paladins to get right up there but it takes a consumable weapon from gnomeregan so it's an unreal amount of work.

somebody's out of the loop

I dont really. I just do raids to get items so i can shit on people in pvp.

I was generalizing, and it really depends on the gear. Like some +healing green items are BiS too but they are completely random world drops, and +weaponskill is perhaps the best stat for melee DPS. The main point was that Timmy who doesn't put in the work shouldn't be considered as an option to begin with when it comes to raiding.

>Gear and consumables are a huge part of everyone's DPS
For the people going for rag on week 1-2(3even) and shit you're going to need A LOT of luck to have that much loot. You will see. If you have 8 warriors and 6 rogues and you're doing content as quickly as possible you will run into situations where you are praying to God for another weapon and will cry when you get caster loot. Gear is not always optimal in vanilla it's very difficult. You will not have time in 1 week to farm everyone a fucking iron foe and double rend swords, people are going to learn this the hard way apparently. Reminder the first rag kill back in the day when everyone was being gear checked came from stacking frost mages into the teens.

>Easy pvp targets: Nelves and Trolls

Is this true?

you're an idiot

you can dps heal or tank as paladin all in one spec while leveling if you holy/prot hybrid. You kill like 15% slower than full ret? Paladins are boring to level solo but pretty good in dungeons.

but of course then when you get to Naxx you fucking need 8 warriors basically or its ultra hard mode at 4H but by then you have ZG and AQ which help ease warrior gearing a lot

Why are we talking about first week rag? I'm saying the ideal raid comp has like 6-8 warriors. This is a fairly good guideline through the entire Classic. First week(s) you bring whoever the fuck has reached 60 and alliance up with another guild since you probably won't even have enough people who hit 60 yet. I don't see how this relates to user's question about how many warriors should generally be in a raid. You're not wrong though, don't get me wrong. Warrs have some of the toughest time of farming pre-raid BiS items, and R14 weapons are BiS till Naxx or so I recall.
Troll shadowpriests are fucking annoying, as are nelf hunters. Maybe outside of that you're right.

ONLY GOT TO CTHUN LAST TIME
THIS TIME IM GONNA CLEAR NAXX

>their friends who quit years ago were right all along about Blizzard
And yet you want to crawl back to Blizzard on your fucking knees, you cuck

my "friends" from wow
>brother became so old he doesnt game anymore or falls asleep playing like a granpa
>family member went ahead and got his gf preggers. so no WoW for at least a decade or so
>the rest lost touch once I stopped playing wow in wotlk
>most of my irl friends who played still play wow but I doubt they will play classic

if its not hardcore I want none of it and anything after BC is softcore

are you saying that the ones in Classic are the "NEW" models?

>Why are we talking about first week rag?
Well one minute you're talking hardcores with consumables and next minute its Timmy doesnt-raid. 6-8 warriors is ideal but it's more ideal for tryhards under overly-theoretical to the point of impossible at phase content. More than likely timmy guilds are going to have assloads of mages and rogues who wanted to pvp and still do good damage in less than ideal conditions and they will probably end up running with that.

You're right it is ideal under a "no expense spared it has to be perfect" possible scenario, I'll give you that.

he main'd UD, now he's going human. There's prolly a reason for this.
>it's worth going orc

To add I mean impossible from a recruitment standpoint i.e. everyone is not gonna have 8 dedicated warriors most likely. But I agree they should.

Because it's a lazy cash grab but blizzard fanboys don't shut up about it.

No changes they said.

Layering will stay forever and cash shop shit is coming.

Remains to be seen I guess, I just feel these days we know so much about the game and people are fucking sheep who roll based on tierlists they see. I don't think you'll have a shortage of geared warriors for most guilds, but on the bright side the vanilla raids aren't so tough that you need to run optimal raid setups, our guild had a fucking boomkin and 2 ret palas just for laughs really. Things get a bit more serious in AQ and Naxx, but till then even a casual guild will be able to clear all the content. I imagine first few weeks will be caster (mage) heavy.
Paid transfer was in Vanilla.

Y’know, why don’t Blizzard program it so that your skeleton shows up in a random position within a few feet of where you died? That way nobody can reasonably write shit and the autists get their skeletons

There already is code to place the skeleton.
There already is code for random number generation.

Instead of the skeleton being placed at (x,y,z), it's placed at (x*rand, y*rand, z*rand).
There would be limits placed on "rand" so the corpse wouldn't be moved too far away.

It may take more than 3 lines of code, but not much more.

They aren't even removing skeletons. They're just making it so that each player can only have one skeleton present in the world at a time so that you need a large number of accounts in order to write out messages. it is much easier to detect a large number of accounts than it is to detect a single bot dying repeatedly to write out the message.

What sort of items would you like to see in the cash shop, bros?

>he fell for their lies
It is obviously a performance concern, Nost did the same thing (well, actually they removed skellys completely) when they hit 11k simultaneous online to ease the load on the hardware. But they can't say that because they will drown in "small indie studio" comments. So they made up a retarded reason for retards to fall for.

Feels more like a China problem, they censored all the HS cards just for China too. How much can a few skeletons really affect performance? The layering / phasing shit eats into it way more, entire retail zones lag when worldbosses are up.

Ask Nost, it wasn't insignificant because once they removed them the lag went down. Didn't disappear completely though. Layers are it's own instances, we are talking about how much each one instance eats up and skeletons add to that load.

Also, chinks have their own client with gravestones instead of skeletons. So it's not that.

>Remains to be seen I guess, I just feel these days we know so much about the game and people are fucking sheep who roll based on tierlists they see
Yeah and when they see how hard leveling as a warrior is solo and they get rekt by everyone and their mom in wpvp trying to level all kinds of people will quit warrior. That aussie server poll had warriors almost 1:1 with rogues and mages as it is, if enough people dropped out it starts becoming really hard to piece 8 serious warriors out for everybody unless other people roll warrior twink alts

>Things get a bit more serious in AQ and Naxx, but till then even a casual guild will be able to clear all the content. I imagine first few weeks will be caster (mage) heavy.
Agree with this. Basically I'm wondering if the ideal week 1 rag attempt is to stack the FUCK out of mages so I'm tempted to run mage until BWL and then reroll to a twink warrior alt when warrior gets hardcore necessary

I played on nost, there was just way too many fucking people online. Vanilla had a 2.5k to 3k playercap for a reason. I know how layers work but I fear it will still strain the server hard just like phasing does. We have realms that are going to have 10k+ ques alone, that's 3-4 full vanilla servers from back in the day and that's only the people in que. Perma layering is a big fear
Chinese have had the universal client for a while now I believe? You could be right though, it'd be the only blizzard game to still do that though, they censored the global HS release because there is no China client.

the fuck is NOST?

Nostalrius one of the biggest more successful private servers

I wouldn't bother just for that, do it if you feel like you want a mage alt though as it's one of the better gold farming classes so might be good at the start.

1. Trannoid freakazoids
2. Jewish goylems
3. Subhumans of any shape and skin color(mostly poop brown)

Well that's the thing I do want to roll mage but I'm concerned that people will end up needing warriors later so it's either Warrior - Mage alt or Mage - Warrior alt unless I get proven wrong and I'm magically the leader of a guild with 8 good as fuck warriors like I was back in the day

And I went warrior alt back in the day it was fun because twink pvp is way more enjoyable as a warrior when you can buy yourself shit from a main (especially a rich mage main)

You should pick what sounds fun, people need to stop making their decisions on what they want to do in classic based on hypothetical "will it be viable" scenarios, believe it or not whether you can actually play the game well is important.

Good (geared) warriors are always in demand no matter what anyone says, if you are willing to put in the work and gear up there's always a spot for a DPS warrior generally. Getting into an MT spot is practically impossible unless you start your own guild or are literally the first geared tank in your guild. Mages are just solid overall and you need quite a few, but you have more to pick from kinda like with Rogue so it's important to establish yourself fairly early on I feel like. There are no free raid spots really, just go with what you feel like and put in the work, you'll always be in demand.

And this affects the game how?

Pros: general pros with being alliance. Nothing human specific.

Cons: wotf wotf wotf

I'm planning on starting my own guild so that's part of where my having a decision comes from. I'm basically willing to be MT but would much prefer not to be but you never want your MT to leave so it's tough. I know warriors are in demand so basically I'm wondering if its selfish to play anything else in that position especially considering I have solid experience with the class.

Healers obviously have it harder to farm. Additionally Warriors can always just go tank dungeons and reserve 90% of valuable drops.

Yeah I suppose dungeon farming works out but if you dont always have a party (and for that kind of farming) it isnt as consistent. Does add up though, cant deny that. Healer depends on class/spec technically

>Will the Skeletons that appear when someone dies be the same as it was originally? Right now they disappear after you die again, they used to stay longer than that.

>Hi EversorA, thanks for the great question.
>While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic.

sorry bigots, no skeletons for you

There won't ever be a Classic + faggot. Stop with that bullshit.

redpill me on Squido

Why do you care if Blizzard is going to do paid server xfers? They were literally there in Vanilla. If you don't want to move your toon don't, but in the event I want to pay a tiny amount to move mine you shit the fuck up and go on about your business.

You know we are going to get BC and Wrath servers before too long. There will never be a Classic + faggot. God I can't wait for Wrath servers. Best time ever for WoW.

There isn't going to be a cash shop. There aren't going to be level boosts. They aren't going to sell gold in Classic. Grow up.

I'm totally not Ion Hazakostas guys, but if I were I would ask why all the vitriolic anger at the possibility of cash shop enhancements to Classic? Knowing the core audience is former Vanilla players and that they will have far less time to play WoW, level boosts and mounts could be of a big help to balance out their experience with those who no life the game. Should they be penalized just because they have jobs and families? Where is the harm in selling a small boost to level 60 and epic riding as a cash transaction? Sure, those weren't in Vanilla but they could be in Classic! Aren't you guys excited for it! Who knows w... I mean they may even add cash shop Draeani and Blood Elf racial unlocks and FLYING MOUNTS to the theoretical cash shops too! Imagine getting to use exclusive flying mounts in Classic!

-Totally not Ion Hazakostas

ah yes the classic argument
if something isnt the best its not viable.
never change retards

>wrath servers
yeah see you in a minimum of 4 years

at least have some idea of who you're pretending to be when you shitpost idiot

who the fuck is timmy? is it some asmongold tier streamer I missed

First day on the internet? "Timmy" is common concept in most hobbies / games and generally refers to a bottom feeder of some sort.

Why don't zoomers know that this happened back in vanilla?

Because most people on this board don't play the games they complain about.

Go back to tumblr you subhuman tumor
Oh wait...

Alliance warlocks can reach higher dps in raids since you’ve got paladins to give you threat reduction aura. Horde locks are always being cucked by threat until an AQ 40 trinket.