The Outer Worlds

Thoughts?

Attached: tow-splash-100799083-large.jpg (1200x675, 144K)

I'll check it out. Cain and Boyarsky have yet to fail me.

Gameplay actually looks pretty solid, and the RPG mechanics look to be way more in-depth than any other first person RPG released nowadays. The writing is sharp and the world building is very good.

With that said, the visuals look very uneven, every woman having "2000s boy band" hair is retarded and the companion cutscene special attacks are really annoying

I'm buying it day 1, ready to be disappointed

Attached: 1.png (940x1023, 1.01M)

Yawn. I'm getting sleepy.

Durr

Looking forward to it!

Wildly uninspired game that looks like it is from 2006. Amazed it's not a 2019 Bethesda title.

shame the PC release got delayed by a year but what can you do

do we hate windows store now too?

Im hype, fuck Yea Forums

Yes, that's Steamdrones for you.

Attached: 2.png (813x885, 1.23M)

Facial expressions, animations and models straight outta 2010.

Yet another failure by the makers of the dullest game of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

utterly based

Looks like shit, but I'll play it

>but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement
Larianigger opinion disregarded

Neat

This Looks like Trash. I literally laughed out loud when i saw the Gameplay Trailer because it looked so Bad.
The Graphics and Animation are literally Fallout new Vegas tier .
Its Not 2009 anymore and yet we see this outdated crap

Can't wait. Seems neat. Wish you could romance though because I'm lonely and horny.

yeah I can understand why you'd think this if you had brain damage

Why do you capitalize every other word? It makes you look stupid.

Can't wait to play New Vegas 2!

Attached: outer worlds more like dyke world.jpg (3200x1600, 707K)

Makes Bethesda's animators look like R* in comparison.

Wiser words were never spoken based architect-sama!

the fact that you use rockstar as the good animations example speaks volumes

The more I see of it, the less interested I become.

This new Vegas was their one hit wonder. Poe was generic dnd. After years of playing the victim card oooo booo hoooo wah big aaa publishers don’t let us make our own unique game and rushes us crap on ks.

Game comes out and it’s generic d&d setting for retards lol. That is the exact moment I knew they were hacks and deserved all the shit the aaa dumped on them. New Vegas was lightning striking in a bottle rare.

Attached: 7B5EE9DA-8570-4F92-A5E1-C7077FF10365.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Game didn't look great, but I would've tried it out due to the pedigree. It's a shame they decided to hitch their wagon to the fucking Chinese.

What little gameplay they've shown makes it seem like shittier Borderlands with skill checks tacked on

There hasn't been a good RPG released in a few years so I will pirate it first then buy if it's good.

>yet to fail me
>Wildshit
>Diablo 3
Turn your blinders off you fanboy.

is this a game or a No Man's Sky update?

Animations looked worse than an indie game despite being in UE4 engine. No mods to fix Obsidishits fucking mess as usual, Obsidian as a company has gone straight downhill. The writers are all females, reddit tier humor.

Honest and true except that they've never made a single good game, regardless of the IP.

Attached: 1550922893031.gif (270x203, 476K)

I have never seen an Obsidian game that was complete and unbuggy out of the box.

I'll wait a year or two for them to patch it to something reasonable. Again.

>*BUURP*
>I turned myself into Borderlands, Morty

Attached: 1546460282803.png (923x674, 1.13M)

Game of the century.

Get punched /pol/! This game is going to be based!

Attached: obsidian2.jpg (1200x675, 206K)

>Comparing an actual RPG to Borderlands Diablo bullshit

Neither of those were Cain + Boyarsky together.

Imagine that this comes out few months before Cyberpunk 2077 and a year after Red Dead Redemption 2 and it looks worse in every regard.
What is the point of this Game?

I was drawn in by who is making it and the art style. Nothing else has really impressed me though, at least with how it's been presented.

Attached: 1565169756676.jpg (900x900, 1.13M)

Poor man's Fallout.

Both those games are open world trash. This fortunately isn't.

damn they got Patton Oswalt AND Anita Sarkeesian?? I take back what I said, this is gonna be a good game.

Too Bad its Trash overall

you need windows 10 to use it so yes

I'll pirate it and if it's too my liking I'll even play it.

>it's not even open world
lmao what a joke

>female writers
Dead on arrival

>"No!"

It looks pretty awful. I don't mind the outdated tech. It's everything else that looks bad. I have no interest in that world. The characters are cringe and the art style is all over the place. If it's actually good i'll be surprised.

the girl in the trailer seemed really qt

>No romanceable NPC's

That's actually a good thing.

Kek

Sweeny spent good yuans on my copy. May as well use it at some point.

>Seeing open world as a positive
Brainlets out

>Thoughts?
Outer Wilds > Outer Worlds

The mindless legion have it in their heads that games "have no excuse to not be open world" nowadays.

The whole writing staff is made up of women with multiple hair colors and facial piercings, enjoy your fucking tranny dick sucker storylines

I fucking love this pasta

What's going to be the obsidrone narrative when it sucks?

The people that made my favorite game made another extremely similar game. I can't wait to play it.

>no sex
>no romance
>protagonist is a fucking beta male cuck
how is that a good thing lmao another fucking obsidian gane with pathetic cuck protagonist bet the npcs all fuck each other the bitch protagonist fucking town virgin lmao

It's an RPG copying fallout NV/4 and borderlands, if it's not open world it's because of low budget, laziness and lack of proper programmers for the job, only a retard would see this as a good sign

All good things except for mod support, and the devs said they'll look into it after the game releases.

Again "no excuse not to be open world". Thanks for proving me right.

>durrr i weant to hab virtual sex in my bideogaem!!!!

Attached: 1535003077090.gif (500x222, 1.52M)

Attached: TimCain.png (1372x1744, 1.3M)

>Obsidrone watches kiddie cartoons
checks out.

>durrr i weant to be a fuckin beta male virgin in my bideogaem!!!!

I literally just mentioned 3 excuses you mongoloid

I'll give it a pirate (if it does get cracked, haven't really paid any attention to EGS/Microsoft Store games and DRM) since the setting doesn't quite grab me, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

>Thoughts?
about what? is it out yet? can I play it? no? then what thoughts am I supposed to have?

Fallout 1 and 2 are the best Fallout games and neither of them were actual open world. They used a map system with random encounters. Checkmate.

And your reasons were "they're lazy, incompetent and low budget". Complete dismissals to any legitimate reasons to not do open world because "there's no excuse to not have open world in 2019".

He's right. The player doesn't need to see the intricate systems behind the RPG mechanics anymore than they need to see the intricate systems behind the physics simulation.

Seems like a lot of this was more theoretical than anything considering the game still seems to have some sort of point-buy for skills and Stats are basically a 5-point variation system with descriptive words attached.

You should go check out the stat system for this game. There's hours of footage out.

It's more complex than New Vegas. It's the most complex modern FPS RPG system there is.

Attached: file.png (1580x966, 1.3M)

>no budget
>no romances
>no unarmed combat
>garbage unbalanced melee
>add pointless "retard" dialogue
fucking priorities lmao

Yeah? What's wrong with not having sex faggot?

It's all that matters to shitposters, apparently.

hahaha guess you wouldn't know you fucking beta male virgin cuck lmao

Roleplaying a dumb character is more worthwhile than roleplaying muh romance
I agree with you that no monk style is lame, though. There's melee, but not unnarmed.

>Dialogue Skills can have an effect on combat
Nice. I'm not sure I can recall many RPGs off the top of my head that do that.

>option to play a retard
>no option to lose fucking virginity
>forced to play a fucking beta male virgin
fucking pathetic hahaha obsidian protagonists are worthless fucking numales lmao

There are many reasons not to go open world for many types of games, but considering how much it looks like modern fallout, it's doubtful that they could go open world properly and simply chose not to

based cain delivers

They'll try too hard to outdone Bethesda and will stumble themselves.

Attached: 1352359885180.jpg (1000x776, 60K)

Cain and Boyarsky have never made an open world game by the shit modern standards of garbage open world games (Aka the Bethesda/Rockstar standards)

The Outer Worlds is more open world than Fallout 1 and 2.

There is a big fucking line between being "more complex than New Vegas" and "being the most complex ever done".

"based cain" forcing the protagonist be a fucking pathetic virgin lmao "based cain" selling his ass to epic game store hahaha

It ain’t looking good

Attached: E7D622FA-B822-4767-983D-36CED5334FEF.jpg (1024x512, 79K)

I said it's the most complex modern FPS RPG. By which I mean the most modern RPG in first person released in the past 5 years. Care to correct me? I'm pretty sure I'm right.

jizzskull

Why do they all look like Russian men?

>let me just drop that unfounded claim on your ass
>also, you have to prove me wrong
fuck off, pal.

I know I'm supposed to be pissy about the short hair but they've all got the same face too. Did they hire a Japanese person to do the character modelling or something?

You do have to prove me wrong, though. Name one first person RPG released in the past 5 years that is more complex.

Which game?

lmao, no, you dicknob, burden of proof lies on your sorry ass.

The Outer Worlds

Nice

>mfw I can actually play the game day1 because of ultimate pass

Attached: 1564267591743.png (972x992, 339K)

based and same

These are all pictures of one male dude right?

>most complex FPS RPG released in the past 5 years
Did that sound impressive in your head? No one makes FPS RPGs anymore besides Bethesda lol.

All the more reason for me to be excited for Outer Worlds.

I hope they putting a lynching mechanic into the game. A lot of degenerates that belong on a cross.

second from the left in the bottom is mommy material.

I was interested but then when it got announced as an epic games store exclusive I subconsciously lost all interest. The same thing happened with Borderlands 3 and Metro Exodus.

It's on the Microsoft store and Chadpass as well, Steam drone.

Lmao the Microsoft store is even worse, downloading games rarely fucking works on it. I brought the stupid gamepass and got a refund on it, that store is fucked.

How convenient, everything but Steam sucks. I'm on to you, Valve kike.

>windows and epic games store
>everything
You listed the two worst stores and you assume that I use steam because I hate them, you're a fucking retard cunt.

I doubt it. The fact they didn't go for the open world meme gives me confidence.

you want to have video game sex? fucking virgin child over here jesus

Characters look bland and forgettable.

They certainly don't look forgettable. They look unforgettable, but not in a good way.

It's jizzskulls all the way down

for you to be disappointed it needs to look worse than what we've seen so far
hard to imagine

It just needs to not deliver on the promising world building. Have all characters be shit. Stuff like that.

if it's not as convoluted as e.y.e it's not worth playing

E.Y..E was released a decade ago

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A FUCKING PLANET RANGER MORTY!!!!

Oh baby

Attached: towwepinspect.jpg (1600x900, 137K)

I don't think you know how the burden of proof works.