Best racing game

Just saw some gameplay from the new nfs, and it got me wondering, what is the best and most fun racing game as of right now?

Attached: nsfh-hero-medium-nfs-studio-7x2-xl.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.320w.jpg (767x431, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xhRIneQFmHA
amistech.com/msc/
youtube.com/watch?v=slb8ShkUnSE
youtube.com/watch?v=4wBx_2dluD4
youtube.com/watch?v=wig-XT8Rbiw
acstuff.ru/patch/
discordapp.com/invite/JydhbJG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

assetto corsa

>racing sim
no thanks. i said fun

Blur is top 10 material.

Dirt Rally 2.0.....or if you want real racing, try iRacing

sim racing is fun though.

Attached: Assetto Corsa 2019.07.06 - 16.02.43.01.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Each to their own I guess. I enjoy arcady racing games, but I haven't played one in years. I think the last one I played was nfs hot pursuit, and it was pretty meh.

Only if you have the appropriate gear

Listen pal, you wanted recommendations and you got a recommendation. Don't be the cunt who starts flame wars about racing sims vs arcade racers. They're all fun and they all have their place. If you have a preference, please make it known politely instead of being a retard who wants "fun"; your idea of fun might not be fun at all.

Okay sorry dad

Forza Horizon 4 is the best, if you're a ps4 cuck you are seriously missing out.

A FUCKING VOLVO??

Depends who you ask. Ask Yea Forums shills on jew payroll and they'll tell you to buy Forza/latest Codemasters shit (F1, Dirt, Grid) and start pissing away money on dab emotes and microtransactions.

The best racing games ever made are as follows
>Burnout 3, Paradise
>Midnight Club 2, 3, LA
>Gran Turismo 3, 4, 6
>ID Arcade Stage 7

There are plenty of good ones, but those listed above are the best.
inb4
>b-b-but what about X game
No. I've already played whatever "X game" you want to come up with, and it isn't listed so deal with it faggot

Forza Horizon 3, 4 hands down.

Forza Horizon 4

Good blend between sim and arcade, lots of gamemodes, lots of vehicles, gorgeous graphics.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

Thanks!

Trackmania Nations

>Burnout 3, Paradise
Why does no one ever include Dominator?
I like Burnout Boost Chaining more than 3's "hold R1 to go faster" and the lack of traffic-checking makes driving skill matter a little more.
Burnout 3 is fun and chaotic but Dominator just adds that little bit finesse that makes it feel awesome to get good at, to the point where you can hold a Boost Chain for an entire lap.

I'm with you senpai, I love Dominator. It also looked gorgeous for a PS2 game.

how do you guys feel about burnout revenge? i had it as a kid and loved it.

>>Midnight Club 2, 3, LA
Based. Finally someone that isn't a NFStard.

4 is mediocre as fuck, only decent addition was Forzathons. 3 was better. Shame there's no FM8 this year, so Wreckfest is on the list. I dont trust NFS, but always wanted to get back into it.

Have a FH4 screenshot to ease your faggotry.

Attached: 8p50jrfij3121.png (1920x1080, 3.04M)

How is 3 better?

OLD THING GOOD
NEW THING BAD!

Around the same as Burnout 3. Fun and chaotic.
Maybe a bit more chaotic because I remember traffic-checking an entire highway at one point.
Crash mode in that game was also amped up to 11.

More fun atmosphere, no Seasons bullshit, better DLC, better locations.

I played FH3 to death, it was always fun. FH4 was just a grind, felt far less fun sp drifted away, and only returned for those week/month rewards. Not played in months, unlike FH3 which I played til the next games launch.

Attached: TnpnHrZ.jpg (1280x720, 341K)

Driveclub is excellent AND your chance of experiencing all of its content ends in about 10 days so hurry up

lmao fuck off

iRacing

Still the king

Attached: 20190711033751_1.jpg (1888x1008, 344K)

original nfs most wanted

I'm serious though.

They unfucked the game and basically turned it into PGR5

Are you after an arcade racer with take downs, stunts and co op? Onrush is amazingly fun and cheap as fuck.

I honestly played Most Wanted because I liked the story.
Clawing your way through a blacklist to get revenge on the guy on top? Hell yeah.
Plus they gave each Blacklist member enough personality to make them interesting and getting their pink slips after you beat them is always satisfying.
I could say the same for Carbon but I loved that game more for its drifting.

Attached: need-for-speed-most-wanted-cover.jpg (264x341, 28K)

are criterion nfs worth checking out?

F1 and Dirt rally are great
>initial d
HAHAHAHAHA

burnout 3 was insanely good arcade, no online though. Forza 4 for something more modern. (pay 1 dollar and you get it for free for a month to try it)

yes HP2010 is good shit

They will tell you Hot Pursuit 2010. Don't listen to them.

>no offline play/bots
>subscription
>have to buy cars individually ($12 ea) and tracks each ($15 ea.)

King of being Jewshit, sure

OutRun Coast 2 Coast

youtu.be/xhRIneQFmHA

F1 2019 if you want an actual motorsports game and not just a driving game
the first dirt rally is great and cheap now, 2.0 isn't worth it imo
GT Sport is the best online racer after iracing
pcars2 is decent ON PC if you have a wheel, if anything it has the most real world tracks than every game
Assetto Corsa with mods is great too if you have a wheel

>2.0 isn't worth it imo

Whats wrong with 2.0? Loved the first Dirt Rally and was thinking of getting 2.0

but it's your only chance in life to race against irl pros like verstappen

>atmosphere
Based, I still play both weekly. Basically when I'm driving around in FH3 I'm having fun, when I'm driving in FH4's world I feel fucking miserable.

it's not worth it if you have to choose between the two since it's a game people often drop after 10 minutes
2.0 has dirt content repackaged as DLC tho

>Split/Second
>Burnout 3 & Revenge
>Blur (Out of the market. You are missed)

Attached: 1537268273906.gif (500x540, 520K)

>literally soul soulless buzzword nonarguments
Embarrassing.

There really is a lack of good fun arcade racing games. But Burnout Paradise is indeed still a great game. Wreckfest looks interesting.

My Summer Car

Attached: mysummercar.jpg (1000x779, 173K)

>Have to wait 2 more years for Horizon 5

Attached: ;ozgih.jpg (1029x1029, 166K)

It's Dirt Rally 1 with full price and half of the stages sold as DLCs. Not worth it when DR1 is $10.

spend 20 hours building the car, buying the parts, getting it to pass inspection
>finally enter it in a Rally
>wipe out on the first turn into a tree, destroying the entire car and everything I worked on

MSC is an absolute godlike experience but holy shit I'm never playing that game ever again.

Only HP2010

Split/second

Attached: diesel.jpg (477x210, 51K)

BASED

>google my summer car
>get this
amistech.com/msc/
What the absolute fuck

The first Grid game is fantastic. Burnout 3, Midnight Club 3, Flatout 1 and 2 are all great too. Forza Horizon 4 has a lot of zoomer shit in it, but its core driving feel and world are both good enough to make up for that.

I liked how there weren't so many cars locked behind RNG and weekly rewards. It also had a way better map.

Forza Horizon 4 it unironically taught me to drive.

>I am making this game because this game needs to be made. This is not made because this is fun game, but because it is NOT!
Absolutely based

10/10 bait

How fucking new are you

But it's true, FH4 has no energy in it. The crowd feels dead, the dev team is overburdened with the live service model and delivers disappointing or broken features (which to their credit are eventually fixed). Every week the Forzathon shop is a disappointment for months now. I had more fun with both FH3's dlcs than 4's. I would even say I prefer 3's Forzathon system than 4's mmo-lite dailies and weeklies. Souless is a pretty accurate word for the game, not in a meme way, but in that literally there's no passion, no life, no energy to the game at all. It's still the best arcade racer of 2018 compared to the competition though.

Winter is maximum comfy though

Attached: hbd8phza6ao11.jpg (3834x2022, 1.52M)

I like 2015 just because of muh rain and always nighttime. Have to fiddle around with the handling a lot tu get that satisfying feeling. At least I can just chill in that game.

I'm one of those retards who thinks drifting is neat. Any games that are fun to drift in, or highlight drifting specifically?

Project Gotham Racing

Xbox exclusive though
PGR5 NEVER FUCKING EVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That would be rF2

>Sim
Assetto corsa as a touge hotlap simulator
>Simcade
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2
>Arcade
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5.

I really with the Initial D series was better. Hakone in WMMT is nice, but i want akagi and myougi.

Attached: D2YfH64WwAAF4_n.jpg (2048x996, 515K)

F-ZERO GX

You want to go fast don't you user?

Attached: 5372499-captain falcon.jpg (800x450, 33K)

>Speedo says 20,000KMPH
>Actually going 250KMPH at best

Attached: 1526057737214.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

I remember PGR4's big thing was cars vs motorbikes. Always thought that was cool as fuck (even though the cars completely owned the bikes every time).

youtube.com/watch?v=slb8ShkUnSE

>bing bing wahoo racing
Nah I'll stick to wipeout.

Redout

It's not as soul as three but still much better than two

>bing bing wahoo racing

Attached: 1565667851834.jpg (250x296, 18K)

That's another dead franchise I enjoy

is FURIDASHI any good?

Why can't someone rip a sim physics engine (doesn't even have to be perfect, anything PCars1 or better, just something that could be theoretically considered "sim"), even from previous generations bought cheap from an existing dev etc..

AND ADD CAR CUSTOMIZATION AND A STORY?

Make fake cars GTA style to keep the costs down if they want. I miss being able to upgrade shit. Anyone play 4x4 Evo back in the day? Making brodozers and shit? We have nothing like that anymore, except NFS which has comically bad gameplay. Forza isn't much better, not sim enough.

I don't care if my faux-Porsche doesn't handle exactly correct. Make it "good enough". Even something as arcade as GRID would be acceptable, just give me the ability to rice my shit up.

What's the point of a wing like that?
Does it even work?

play tokyo xtreme racer drift 2

because people who are into sims and motorsports usually don't overlap with ricers
it's totally possible anyway, the rfactor and madness engine can be licensed for third party use

Actually I just remembered BeamNG exists. But it needs a less clunky upgrade interface, and a more polished and complete story. And better ai. It's still very much a tech demo not a game. Hopefully they get there, it'll be perfect.

>Blur
The beautiful love child of NFS and Mario Kart.
In fact, I don't think there's been a semi-realistic racer with power-ups after that.

>what is the best and most fun racing game as of right now?
People are gonna say Horizon 4 and it isn't. It's good for cruising around in free roam, despite the good handling model the racing itself is terrible.

Interesting to hear. I have not played FH2 since I don't own an Xbox but what did you dislike about it?

nope

no it's jut more retarded instagram influencer fashion, like stretched tires with rims that jut out, or visible wood screws on fender arches.

gta v

OP stop listening to shitheads ITT, here's what you gotta do

>download GRID2
>set up a gamepad
>put on the most sick eurobeat playlist on youtube you can find
>play GRID2

It's super easy to get into and has really satisfying power sliding and isn't a sim at all

Is GTAV racing actually good or is it just meme?

nah,. they're SUPER stiff, not fun feeling like burnout. It feels like your steering wheel is broken.

but Yea Forums told me Grid 1 is better

please respond

I love the sim gameplay, but it always feels boring to progress for some reason. You're just doing the same shit over and over, changing cars every 10 races. Very little replay value Imo. I loved the NFSU feeling of losing a race, upgrading a part of my car and coming back. Also the visual stuff was just fun.

Wreckfest is another example on top of BeamNG, but lack of open world limits that one in 2019. Maybe I'm just looking for an open world sim that isn't Euro Truck.

>GRID2
Retard

It's pretty good, they add a ton of cars, but the people you're forced to play with are what kill it.

also it's worse than most mobile games with microtransactions.

GRID1 is better if you want a simcade where everything is oversteering and you need a wheel to get good.

GRID2 is simplified and arcadey by nature.

Grid 1 has more sim like driving physics Imo. Somehow grid 2 went backwards, and didn't do a good enough job on the arcade mechanics to justify it.

>Grid 2

It is, don't listen to that retard. Grid 2 *objectively* has less features and content than Grid 1. Grid 2 was a HUGE step backwards.

Not really. The closest you have is the new Carmageddon. And that one is quite disappointing.

Attached: 1552885293757.gif (636x299, 56K)

>op clearly states that he doesnt want to play a sim
>"HURR DURR WHY ARE YOU RECOMMENDING THE LESS SIM ENTRY IN THE SERIES WOW"

you dudes need to learn how to fucking read

This, hell even FH3 is still worth playing

Need for speed carbon and blur. fuck you

Attached: Komi cars.jpg (960x950, 165K)

this
was trying to race one time but some fucker kept trying to do pit maneuvers on me

>cars are no faster than 130mph
>somehow more crashing than any burnout game combined thanks to the retarded children that play it

I can't think of a more terrible racing game to play.

Revenge is flawed from its traffic checking system. It's a good game, it's just not up there with the best.

Dominator is a good game, there's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't as good as 3 and Paradise. Sorry.

Fuck winter.
>enter race
>required to have either AWD or snow tires to be competitive, and at least several other players will have both and dominate
>cars that suck shit normally can become gods on snow tires for no reason and vice versa
>sometimes can't categorize cars by have/don't have snows, off road tires are a crapshoot
>hypercars on drag slicks still have more grip lol

Who the fuck recommends Grid? People recommend the first one that you can't even buy digitally anymore and regularly and rightfully shit on 2 and AS.

Once in a blue moon you'll get a really good race online; the rest of the time it's just awful, rammers and retards that the new anti grief system largely ignores, and one or two people in the massively overpowered, under PI rated meta cars miles out in front becauae there's 700 cars and only a handful are really viable.

>GRID2
>satisfying

I heard about the new anti grief system but haven't played since the first expansion came. Also heard they finally got rid of the team bullshit and free run races or whatever they were called but that's still not enough to get me back into it. I'm also so sick of the map. Seasons don't add shit for replayability, it's still largely empty and generic looking.

God I fucking want a new TXR so bad

Attached: 1566242487441.png (270x270, 156K)

The closest I can think of would be NFS Shift 2 Unleashed.
The physics are around Forza/GT level or thereabouts, more realistic in some aspects but less in others. Definitely not "sim" level but "good enough" to the point where driving skill is at least slightly transferable from sims.

And you can then rice your shit up as much as you want. There's no story though, it's just standard "go through these events in faster and faster cars until we decide it's time to show the credits".

Idk, I really liked Autosport's physics as I think they're a much better mix between sim and arcade than GRID 1 which is just a train simulator because every car is on rails.

Autosport is decent as "babby's first simcade" if you want to lure someone into proper simracing, there's no endless faffing about with components and car purchases either.

GRID 2 would also make for a pretty decent NFS game if they slapped on a better story.

BeamNG has a story?

Best Burnout 3 song: youtube.com/watch?v=4wBx_2dluD4

god you're such a bitter faggot

>GRID 1 which is just a train simulator because every car is on rails.
Did you turn the assists on or off? If I remember right, traction control is actually backwards- turn it off and your car grips like a motherfucker but understeers so hard that Le Mans becomes basically impossible at the Porsche curves; turn it on and the rear end will slide for days and you can turn and have the car actually respond instead of tracking straight. I haven't played much Autosport but I do really like it so far, even just things like finally adding qualifying laps so Rick Motherfucking Scott doesn't get pole position every single race. Shame you can tell there's still corners cut though, like all your teammates being anonymous names and any communication going through the bored-sounding pit crew guy instead of the multitude of radio chatter in Grid 1.

Grid 2 might make a decent NFS game but I still fucking hate it. It's not just a bad racing game, it's a bad game period. It's the worst kind of grind, vehicle classes are nonsensical, the physics are completely ass-fucked, the courses are either lined with invisible walls to ride or spikes that will fucking flip you if you graze them, progression feels like replaying the same race over and over, I could go on all day. They couldn't even make the fucking music play properly.

i can go back to nfs underground 2 almost any day of the week... they need to reboot the underground series instead of making a pretty current gen pro street

Assits were off, naturally. If you need to turn assists ON to have power oversteer in cars with 600 hp that's just fucked up. The only time they actually spin their wheels is at the start.

Autosport is pretty nice, I especially like how they made "Very Hard" AI properly fast, simcades usually just don't give you actually fast AI, in GRID 1 you can just shit on everyone even on "Ninja" difficulty.

And the fact that you have to start off in less upgraded cars and aim for 3rd makes winning constantly less tiring. But yeah, they clearly cut some corners and pushed it out only a year after GRID 2, the very limited cockpit views are another example of that. And it's annoying that you have to mess with ini files to actually change the FOV, even simcades should offer you an easy way to set up a mathematically accurate FOV.

>no thanks
says the woman

I don't understand the endless wanking over underground 2. The physics aren't that great, the car selection is just JDM, the story is just there, not that you'd expect anything amazing in a racing game, and there's a fuckton of pointless bullshit like the SUV races, photo shoots, and all the required ricing.

Just because you played it when you were 12 and a happier person doesn't mean it's the best game ever.

>If you need to turn assists ON to have power oversteer in cars with 600 hp that's just fucked up.
It might've just been me, but I had to turn it on to finish the game. Maybe I was using the wrong LMP2 car or something but shit was impossible for a handful of races, yet the rest of the game was just fine with all assists off.
> I especially like how they made "Very Hard" AI properly fast,
I noticed that too, I only set it to a step less than that because I'm not too great at vidya games expecting to still win easy and instead barely wound up getting better times than the Ravenwest duo in the very first race of the game's qualifying. So far teammates seem to be totally useless though, dumb assholes always end up in dead last regardless of what you tell them to do, unlike Grid 1 where a number of possible teammates would regularly even beat the player to the podium.

One thing I really wish they'd bring back in the new one (which I doubt) is manually controlled Flashbacks. They were manual rewind/pause/continue in the first game, then Forza did press-button-jump-back-ten-seconds-at-a-time replays, and then Grid went to one-shot 'auto rewind for a few seconds and tap button again before it reaches the end if you want it to stop.' It's such a small thing but it was neat being able to fast forward and rewind the race in slow-mo to find the exact spot you wanted to reset to.

1. You can finish the game with your starting car if you want.
2. The reason so many people like ricing is because you can create a unique car.

Carbon had better customisation with the autosculpt system. Tons of other games offer car customisation as well, UG2 is in no way unique, it's just forced on everyone.

What exactly makes UG2 so much better than Carbon, Most Wanted, or any street racing game with car customisation of that era like Juiced and Midnight club. If you just want to create a "unique" car NFS 2015 is even better for that.

I want u2 with u1 physics. U2 feels so fucking boring and slow compared to u1 it's not even funny

There's also the appeal of shitboxes. What other racing games feature shitboxes EXCLUSIVELY? There's the Genki games sure, but those didn't penetrate the western market.

UG2 cars can hardly be called "shitboxes" asides from the starters, which MW and Carbon also feature.

Supras and GTRs aren't really shitboxes.

I want U2 with non-rechargeable N2O and the possibility to turn off rubberbanding, that's what I miss from U1. Also U1 had better lighting.

They're shitbox enough in comparison to the commonplace roster of supercars of the vast majority of games released during that period.

>likes GRID
>doesn't like Forza
>wants a sim
Are you retarded or just plain stupid?

BallisticNG and the Wipeout games in general, theyre a perfect balance of simplified arcade racing that's still challenging enough to be really fun. I also love Richard Burns Rally but my autistic hotlapping loving playstyle is incompatible with rally games so I can't play them for long sessions because the frustration builds big time. If you can enjoy simply beating AI times and finishing seasons then rally sims are the best shit ever though.

Who cares about that gay shit. You know what actually needs to happen? Realistic, complex physics combined with over the top arcadey courses with all kinds of jumps and fantastical settings. Seeing the same courses over and over gets tiresome, and arcade racer physics are boring for the most part.

>commonplace roster of supercars of the vast majority of games released during that period

Blatantly false. Juiced doesn't have a single supercar or hypercar in it. The Corvette Z06 definitely doesn't count. Same for Midnight club 1 and 2, which didn't have licensed cars but it was mostly just sportscars and sports saloons with nothing like a Mclaren F1 or Ferrari.

rf2
Also, none of you faggots care about actual racing, all you want is to rice shit and look good doing it

not true
I want to wreck shit

Attached: watch out for those barriers, they'll only slow you down!.webm (720x405, 2.84M)

>Realistic, complex physics combined with over the top arcadey courses with all kinds of jumps and fantastical settings

It would be fucking undrivable, your suspension would collapse on the third lap from all the jumps and it would be as insane as racing on a rally stage. There's a reason cars go out 1 by 1 in rally and rallycross doesn't really have jumps, it's just asking for a shitshow.

>They're shitbox enough in comparison to the commonplace roster of supercars of the vast majority of games released during that period
Not even that user but what the fuck are you on about? That's not even true for NFS itself. Not even U1 had exclusively shitboxes. They were always just the beginner cars, everything after that was hardly a shitbox. Does shitbox just mean not-supercar to you? If yes then there's far more "shitboxes" in MW and carbon as in UG2. If not, there were still enough shitboxes in those 2. You wanna tell me just because those had a handful of supercars in them triggered you enough to completely ignore them? It's not like you had to use any of them since performance upgrades were still a thing. Also you might want to replay U1 because there was clearly rubberbanding in it.

What the fuck is that wing

The new NFS looks like pure distilled Cancer.

>Realistic, complex physics combined with over the top arcadey courses with all kinds of jumps and fantastical settings.
"So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth racing game... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic jumps?"

What's wrong with it?

>Also you might want to replay U1 because there was clearly rubberbanding in it.
Which can be turned off in settings unlike U2.

What is the point of two tiny little wings broken up in the middle?? You just have a shit load of air not being used.

how can these games claim to be sims without realistic car destruction, shameful

Why'd Ferrari do it on the FXX?

I just started the game to check and found nothing and google doesn't seem to find anything either. Mind telling me where exactly that option is?

Ferrari is quite literally a meme in car form, for exotic looks over functionality most of the time.

The way it's designed means that even road vibration would cause it to break off eventually.
t. builder

It's called "Catch Up".

I found it and it's only for quick races? Am i missing something here or is that really it?

I love that game, but the servers are fucked and it's pretty much dead. All but two people got fired from the team as well.

Obviously you'd need to make some adjustments such as changing the damage model, which is a feature in most racers already. Pure racing also isn't necessary, Trackmania also already does side by side time trials

So you want time trials or "crazy" tracks with lots of jumps. Literally pick up any rally game that has Finald in it and play that.

I want an unrealistic over the top racing game with believable and deep physics instead of being overly simplified and arcadey like most racers in this vein are. Even just thematically speaking, having a sim with more interesting arcadey courses would be a breath of fresh air, it's something not even mods can provide atm.

I paraphrased a Simpsons quote. Straight over your head it seems.

>Okay, how many of you kids would like Itchy & Scratchy to deal with real-life problems, like the ones you face every day? (the kids all cheer and agree) And who would like to see them do just the opposite - getting into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers? (more cheering) So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? (The kids agree)

It looks better than all of the NFS games post-Carbon.

I don't get why people kept shitting up Grid 2. I got it for free and after seeing people badmouthing it, I had a genuine blast from it. The handling is great, it's arcadey sure but it's not a bad thing at all. It has this loose and light feeling which is quite of fresh air to most simcades and it reminded me a lot to Driver SF. The damage models are fucking stellar. And the game looks pretty decent too, despite a shitty bloom. I do notice that the game lacks content, most of the stuff I do are the same shit over and over again. Overall it's a pretty solid 7/10 game.

>NFS Heat
So how do you think they're going to fuck it up?

It's Ghost. When didn't they fucked up?

He wants sim racing controls with trackmania courses.
Not impossible but car damage would have to be disabled to allow for big jumps, and stunt portions would have to be designed with real physics in mind.
Think GTA V but with more realistic driving.

Seems like they're covering most bases. Maybe they fuck up the PC port.

Attached: 1566338391484.png (590x370, 43K)

I don't know about the game but their twitter guy is okay in my book

Attached: 1558759940643.png (1229x871, 456K)

do a flip

Never gets old

Straight over your head as well, apparently.

No hope for Toyota in a Japan Forza Horizon it seems.
Maybe they can put them under a different name. Is there a tuning company that works exclusively on Toyotas?

The updates over the last year have added little tiny "story-ettes". Just a series of missions, with some 2D art in between. It's the makings of a campaign, the framework is there, but the gameplay isn't. User mods have done some campaigns in a similar fashion. It s a weak framework desu.

man I wish to play these games but I dont wanna install that piece of shit windows 10

Forza is far more arcade than the first grid, at least Horizon which is the only one that satisfies the other desires (open world, some customs)

Open world is another thing I want to see in it which reduces that "same shit over and over" factor. Also BeamNG is what you're looking for, with some user mods. Or monster truck madness 2.

Burnout Paradise. All other answers are fucking wrong.

You're gonna have to do it eventually as more games switch to DX12 only. The new GRID is also DX12 only.

Your only hope is that devs somehow all suddenly start using Vulkan instead of DX12 but it seems they can't be arsed to learn Vulkan and don't even use it with UE4 even though UE4 supports it.

nein

DX12 works on W7

When'd microsoft do that? Must be at least somewhat recent since I remember them claiming it would always be Win10+ exclusive.

>DX12 works on W7
how nigger how,I wanna play forza too

Even if DX12 does work on W7 Forza Horizon games won't because the PC versions of both FH3 and FH4 are UWP games and there's 0 chance of that working on systems not designed around the Microsoft store.

because you keep implying that it's impossible when it isn't

Mario Kart w/e is current

Assetto Corsa Competizione

Just because you said that I bring Gran Turismo 4

But if you wanna play the faggot, Burnout Revenge.

>The new GRID is also DX12 only.
You say that like that's a good reason to go W10. It's not.

Just because you said that I bring Gran Turismo 4

But if you wanna play the faggot, Burnout Revenge.

No it's just a grim inevitability, sooner or later you will have to switch.

I haven’t played a single need for speed this entire gen because of gay always online shit. Does heat have it?

It might not be a game you want to play but there's a definite trend of games switching to DX12 way more than Vulkan. DX11 is basically obsolete now.

Not even the best kart racing we currently have.

No

gta:o

Only 2015 is always online. And it's trash anyway.

BASED

Attached: 9F0D500F-56AE-4074-88AC-83877EF6C177.png (590x370, 49K)

Saying that you enjoy driving in jungles, tropical beaches, and outback desert more than shitty UK in different weather shouldn't be controversial

>Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2
That's that good shit.

Attached: 1538243594645.gif (500x364, 983K)

Is there an arcade type playstyle that also lets you customize your cars in awesome ways?

well fuck,what about the cracked versions

Those are extremely finnicky and only work on specific versions of Win 10 with developer mode enabled and some other hacky stuff. So windows 7 is completely impossible, you need a very specific win10 update.

Very far away from those "just copy and paste the contents of the crack folder" cracks for your basic steamworks ones.

Pirated windows store are a pain and never truly ridden of the RDM, they either just work around or play pretend.
Regardless, you usually need 10 for them.

Attached: 1560639731600.jpg (600x800, 66K)

Which side were you on?

Attached: 1558907742585.png (894x430, 407K)

I have no idea why I should take a side.

NFS games always have toyota cars anyway.

Hell Carbon even had Trueno as bonus car.

Attached: 1548429793447.png (409x445, 231K)

And there hasn't been a toyota in any NFS game since Carbon.

Split/Second, but Blur is a far better game. I don't know why I picked it over Blur at launch.

Alright just saw the new NFS Heat gameplay. Here's some info for those who don't want to bother watching the entire thing
>car customization just like the last games but this time without the terrible speed card system, can change stuff like exhaust sounds now
>character customization because that's something you need in a racing game nowadays
>handling looks alright but the drifting is definitely assisted
>obstacles seem like they're made out of cardboard like in Horizon 4
>cops might be a challenge again, they can randomly enter the races as a pack of 5-6 cars, rhinos are back but for some reason you get a warning 5 seconds before you approach one which kinda misses the point of them, also the framerate dropped so fucking bad when the cop pack entered the race
>game looks good visually but like i said performance will probably be ass
>the map looks pretty nice, the docks shown in the first races seems like a fun playground
Shame the car list sucks ass. It already looks better than payback though but not good enough to actually buy.

blur wasn't locked to 30 FPS so it wins by default.

Pro street had GTS.

Attached: 1539966310010.png (2400x3200, 1.75M)

Wasn't the toyobaru and Supra in 2015?

Pro Street, Shift, The Run, and Shift 2 all had Toyotas.

forza horizon 4 was terrible compared to horizon 3 such a downgrade

It's not.

the forza 3 map had near perfect variety whereas forza 4 is just hills, forest and a little bit of beach

>Burnout Paradise
>Gran Turismo "Practically all of them but the first (and best) two"
Here. I'm not a faggot and I'm someone who's actually played these games. Let me fix your list by providing some additions.
>Gran Turismo 1 and 2 (+Tourist Trophy)
>Burnout Revenge and Dominator
>Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, High Stakes, Underground, and Pro Street
>ID Arcade Stage v3
>Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune (Any of them)
>Ridge Racer 1, type 4, and PSP
>Enthusia Professional Racing
>Forza Motorsport 2
>Forza Horizon 1 and 4
>Project Gotham Racing (Any of them)
>Dirt (Any of them)
>Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero, Drift, and Drift 2
>Sega Rally Championship

Attached: a1jcvx4ci3b11.jpg (750x856, 97K)

I wonder if we ever going have another game great as this.

Carbon was okay but felt quite dull compared to MW. On top of that soundtrack was disabled during most races. Which is a fucking crime.

Attached: 01ed.png (495x357, 140K)

I swear there were a couple in NFS2015. The GT86, AE86, and Supra, iirc.

>he didn't make a drag Supra in ProStreet

Attached: NFS2015ToyotaSupraSZR.jpg (930x523, 440K)

Should i even bother with FH3 when i already played FH4? The map in 3 looks much better than 4's but that's it. Is it worth 30 bucks? What about the Hot wheels expansion?

Pro Street was trash.

no

>tfw I'll never get to drive a LFA in forza horizon 5.

Attached: 1503828283072.png (311x827, 48K)

Pro street had some really interesting stuff around and great custom system.

Only reason that I didn't got arsed to finish was because sim gameplay, which i hate.

it is

>Pro Street
>sim gameplay

Nice joke, user. Even GRID is far more realistic. Fuck, even NFS: The Run has more realistic handling than ProStreet. Pro Street is just a train simulator.

I think it's more simcade than full sim but i understand your opinion, which is rare because most of the time it's just nostalgiafags shitting on it because it's not another UG or MW.

>14 second wheelies.

Attached: 1558199648886.gif (300x300, 649K)

Behold, the greatest racing game you will never play. To this day it blows my mind that there are tons of arcade racing fans who would love this game that will never even entertain the idea of playing it. It's dirt cheap, free if you modded your Wii/WiiU. If you try it and still hate it, then fair enough. It's not my favorite NFS game by far, but it's still a fantastic installment in the series that I've played and enjoyed for many dozens of hours. More than worthy of the Need For Speed name.

Attached: Need For Speed Nitro.jpg (766x1076, 290K)

Don't shift on PS2/Wii reuses Rockport/Palmont map from world?

I still play this game. I love the aggressive ai on the hard difficulty, and also the sequential gearbox whine.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

>shift
>PS2/Wii
wot?

The whine comes from straight-cut gears, not the fact that they're sequential. Almost all racing gearboxes are straight-cut.

But the straight cut gears are used for a sequential gearbox, no? One comes with the other

Nobody here likes Gran Turismo series?

GT5 is hella fun

I never bothered with 2 since 1 was so terrible. Every car just drifted all over the place even worse than in GRID 2 and changing assists didn't fix anything. Does 2 suffer from this?

I probably had over 1,000 hours in txr3, and at least 500 in the extreme racer drift games. They were so fucking good

Attached: 1525295210483.jpg (640x539, 80K)

It was one of downgraded ports. I don't really remember which game.

Dude, I'm GLAD they're skipping a year, FM games have been missing 360-generation BASIC USER INTERFACE FEATURES since FM5.

Or just use the Dolphin emulator like a normal person.

I do. GT1 was my first video game. Loved everyone of them but haven't played 6 or Sport and probably won't.

1 wasn't really terrible in my opinion, but 2 out of the box was bad. The trick is to change an ini setting, and tuning your cars since the default settings are abhorrent. Check out the pc gaming wiki for fixes, it's all written there.
I don't know why but no game gives me the feeling of speed this game does.

I'm the boomer who always recommends Gran Turismo 1 and 2. Some of the greatest racing games ever made. 3 is okay and 4 has a lot of content, but very stiff physics. 5 and 6 were alright, too.
Sport is insulting, but I'm glad people like the online aspect of it.

Attached: GT1 003.png (1000x778, 196K)

Im probably just a fag who liked big explosions but the motorstorm series was pretty good. Wish it was more popular.

Attached: MotorStorm_crash.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

>finished the entire fucking game byt simply using the blacklist members cars i got for free.

this shit was great

To add to that,
>beat porsche cayman guy with stock fiat punto because the ai is that bad.
Honestly this game had no sense of challenge at all.

Nevermind him, zoomers think it must be simcade/arcade if it isn't b2d.

Because AI scale with cars and upgrades you use since underground.Carbon fix this a bit with tier system by forcing you to buy t2/3 cars.

Attached: 3.jpg (2560x1440, 323K)

No, I meant the fact that they more than often collided with traffic, each other and such, giving you an easy win.

AC is pretty good even if it is a spaghetti made mess
Based Russian magic making the game have night time has improved things a lot

Attached: comfeee.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

Literally the most boring webm i've seen on Yea Forums this month. Good job proving his point you JDM loving double nigger.

Attached: 1563029527106.jpg (600x800, 84K)

Underrated post

>JDM loving double nigger.
Where the fuck?

Attached: 1544444467350.jpg (450x511, 42K)

grid autosport still worth picking up? redpill me

Only WoW works in DX12 on Win7, its not full DX12 its weird

Isn't he driving a BMW...

Since Microsoft is skipping a year with Forza, is Horizon 4 getting another expansion or prolonged support?

Attached: 1557400690052.jpg (480x640, 55K)

Oh yeah, it's pretty exploitable, in U2 you could just throw them away with hydraulics.

But don't really matter when they come at you faster than you fully pimped lambo soon as are on last leg of race.

I'm a Forza fan but H4 was definitely not on H3's level overall.

Fh4's graphics, stories, gameworld - great.

However, progression is terrible, there's a large amount less races per category, so showcases & special races are so front loaded, giving no sense of achievement or longevity like h3.

The whole rewards & clothing items thing is embarrassingly bad.

Only timed season championships.

No sense of over-arching story or motivation so it all feels pointless. At least h3 had the unlock & build up festivals thing. It gave a purpose.

Rubbish dlc's & all the shitty times exclusive crap.

>in U2 you could just throw them away with hydraulics.
Wait, what?

Oh yeah, rubberbanding. I remember it was literally more sensible to stay 2nd until near the end then use the nitro and pass.

youtube.com/watch?v=wig-XT8Rbiw

Attached: kinostorm.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>bounce the car like a retard on starting line.
>Watch AI sperg because it's out of the usual pathfind.

Nothing out of ordinary just physics working right. MW and Carbon make AI cars solid bricks against player, so you can't push them around that easy anymore.

why

see

Not really, no. The vast majority of road cars whether they have sequential, automatic, or manual gearboxes use helical gears.

The vast majority of race cars, even those with manual gearboxes use straight-cut gears.

I love 2.
Best camera in any car game.
Great fun playing too, the ideal blend of arcade and sim

Most wanted AI were terrified of crashing IIRC.
You could probably knock a traffic car in their path and watch them slam on the brakes.

>Russian magic making the game have night time
WHAT

as someone who really loves off roading and rally racing the forza hoizon series really scratched that itch.

Attached: GC 4x4 Evo 2.jpg (640x908, 124K)

They've gave the game better smoke and AO and other shit too:
acstuff.ru/patch/
Its worth giving them a small amount of shekels for the AC Content Manager as well as it makes installing all this shit easier
Check out the Shutoko Revival Project too if you want to drive around that at night:
discordapp.com/invite/JydhbJG

>Finish Carbon
>You don't get the fucking Audi.

Attached: 1548046506969.jpg (319x316, 36K)

Oh ok, but still, sequential gearboxes almost always have straight cut gears, don't they? I get your point though.

wait didnt they just release a new game, competizione?

After reading most of this thread I've reached the conclusion that only 4chins thinks Forza Horizon 3 is better than 4.
Forza Horizon 3 is full of bugs, the online is a fucking nightmare (WHEN it decides to work), and poorly optimized. It looks worse than 4 and runs worse than 4.
The only thing 3 is better than 4 is the scenery. Australia looks way more interesting than fucking Scotland. I couldn't care less about winter races, so it didn't make a difference to me.
Anyway, you have no fucking excuse to not try 4. It's already cracked. Or if you want to play it online, you can even have 1 month free of Xbox Game pass and try it.

Oh nice, ll be checking this shit out

yeah but its shit and only has GT3 cars
they also mislead evert one saying it would have matchmaking and rating, people thought it would be like iracing but its literally just a server browser
never trust Italians to do anything

Attached: 1545065084200.jpg (784x365, 86K)

>There's no music playing during the race.
Heat will bomb.

>Australia looks way more interesting than fucking Scotland
this is the main reason why I like fh3 more than fh4. Scotland is so boring it's the same thing over and over while fh4 has beaches, deserts, forest, city, valleys, and a fucking jungle. i hope horizon 5 has map with terrain like australia

Not in road cars they don't. There's just no point in doing it over helical if you're not desperate to lose every single kilogram of weight.

There are road cars with sequential gearboxes? Where?
Manumatic/tiptronic is infinitely more convenient thus much more commonplace for day to day drivers.

>Pro street have tier system ala carbon.
>But custom system is quite fucking meaning that you can make that shitty honda civic go faster than Veyron or any Lambo.

Bless those bugs.

Attached: 1548353660927.jpg (651x552, 43K)

400 kph limit on the speedo tho

I think it's same cap as Carbon and MW, even then drafting on carbon breaks the cap.