Game has a choice that deviates the storyline

>game has a choice that deviates the storyline
>you have to replay the game multiple times to get the full story/full gameplay
why do devs still do this?

Attached: 1566270669891.jpg (685x684, 76K)

You don't have to, just pick what interests you most. Replay it only if you feel like it.

How is this a bad system?

>game has a choice that deviates the storyline
>choices don't matter, and the story stays the same regardless

Attached: 1150607864672.jpg (1257x1535, 413K)

What's wrong with your Kumiko?

>why do devs still do this?
It gives the game a bigger gameplay volume for very little added content. You write one story, split it into two playthroughs, you now got twice the gameplay for the same story.

>game has choices
>player wants all outcomes to be accessible with no drawbacks, so that no decisions have any weight
why do players still do this?

honk honk dx dx

just look them up online if you don’t want to replay

cute animu girl

Attached: snapshot_15.22.001.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

>Game has stuff for multiple playthroughs
>they all require you to play the same 15 hour beginning

Attached: 1550983174700.jpg (891x987, 215K)

Umm excuse me, that's a rude way to talk about Honk-Chan

That rarely happens out the gate, often times there is usually a fork in the road that you can save scum at and play from there. Otherwise the multiple playthroughs are short because the dev's are self aware.

FE:Three Houses is the only game recently that does this to an extreme degree.

Not OP but god damn you guys can't be this retarded.
>I, for one, enjoy wasting my time doing the same thing again with absolutely no changes until that one point where things slightly change. It's not obvious padding, it's called a CHALLENGE and MEANING!!!
>I also enjoy getting fucked in the ass and say "thank you," how did you know?

This. This is the sole reason. There are games that do make it worth your time to play through certain longer parts again because you get a new angle on the whole situation or whatever, but even then that's just an excuse.

>player wants all outcomes to be accessible with no drawbacks, so that no decisions have any weight
That really hasn't much to do with what OP is complaining about, has it?

Attached: 69FrX.jpg (1214x683, 37K)

this one is the absolute worst one

Good question, Kumiklown poster. They should offer up to 100 save slots, because if you want to start the game over, you have the option to do that
Honk!

Because it's part of the plot.

t. 999

Why even have a choice if it makes no difference? You are literally defending Telltale's illusion of choice bullshit.

But you can make a save before the diverging point. No padding at that point.

If there's a golden/canon ending that encompasses all the other endings in it, isn't there only still one ending?

Stuff like VLR where the ending continues from every ending except the true ones isn't it cheating to say it has multiple endings?

Attached: Delta.png (400x240, 106K)

If I pay £40 for a game, I want to get my fucking moneys worth.

you are literally a retard

Attached: 1468531855677.jpg (629x596, 153K)

>Why even have a choice if it makes no difference?

user he asked about choices that DO make a difference are you stroking out

Being this triggered over how other people choose to play vidya.

So why don't you just reload older savefiles to play the same portion again?

Are you actually mentally challenged? He's complaining that a choice has an impact therefore he has to replay and pick another choice to see the different outcome.

Why do developers still hire gender freak psychos when they're only ever there to subvert and destroy?

Attached: 1892_12-05-41PM_08-20-2019.png (918x182, 45K)

Maybe we both are. Were you implying that OP basically said "Choices shouldn't make a difference, I want the whole shit in one go?" Because I don't think that was it at all. If it's not, I really have no idea what you're on about.

>Were you implying that OP basically said "Choices shouldn't make a difference, I want the whole shit in one go?" Because I don't think that was it at all.
Not him, but I don't see how OP's statement could be interpreted any other way.

seconding this

Oh. I understood it as
>Let me skip the shit I've already seen, just let me get to the choice-part. I don't need to play the exact same thing twice.
I don't think he was complaining about choices in general, maybe not even about alternate (but equal) endings, because he also mentioned
>full story/full gameplay
Which I think Nier 1 and 999 did that? The endings weren't really endings, just a handful of dead ends that you have to go back to over and over again. Might be remembering wrong.

Because people complain when games are too linear and have no replay value. It's easier to go with what a majority of people would like instead of what some random tranny anime poster wants.

>I cannot be sated until I get ALL the content no matter how miniscule and irrelevant it is

what if you just enjoyed the experience you had?

>like game enough to want to replay it
>now not only will I enjoy it again but I'll enjoy it with some slight differences to make for a different experience
>these slight differences might even give you more information on story, characters or the setting
Woah

Attached: 1560780595113.jpg (848x865, 131K)

im complaining that games have choices instead of being a flat package so i have to play the game multiple times to get all the main game content/story. three houses is the perfect example. you cant recruit house leaders and their retainers so you have to play the game multiple times. edelgards route is 5 fucking chapters or something and then i have to restart the entire game to pick another route. its obscene

>beat type-0
>Yeah now play the whole game again to get the REAL story
How about fucking not, game was only decent to begin with. I have no idea why they hide information behind multiple playthroughs, it so bizarre.

>like game
>want to play different games and dont neccessarily want to play this game again rn because im gonna burn out on it if i do
>haha fuck you gamer, you have to play again because the story and gameplay is incomplete/locked behind choices for no reason!
woah

>want to play different games and dont neccessarily want to play this game again rn because im gonna burn out on it if i do
Then don't? Just wait for some time and then do play it when you want to, no one is holding you at gun point. There's still options in New Vegas that I haven't picked for example, if you're too autistic to enjoy games at your own pace then you might as well neck yourself I guess

By the way, if you were wondering why this debate isn't going anywhere, it's both because this is Yea Forums and also because everyone is speaking in hypotheticals and compares apples and oranges. Nothing really means anything because you're starting this race from different points.

>just wait and completely fall out of the immersion and the mood of playing and come back two months later to a game you barely even know anymore
>just wait bro!!!

Attached: 1536748134949.jpg (560x720, 55K)

If you were immersed and in the mood to play more you'd have no problems playing it nigger-kun

>game has multiple endings
>best route is convoluted and absolutely requires a walkthrough to figure out

Attached: 1566168493872.png (540x537, 428K)

>Playing games that don't have multiple save slots
Spot the pleb

Does Fire Emblem Three Houses not have a save system where you can just load right before making your decision? If so lol at you wasting your time with that game.

This is why to be suspicious of anything with "replayability". Trying to replay a game for a different ending is not "replayability". Replaying levels because they are fun IS replayability. Likewise, even though I play through EarthBound every five years or so I wouldn't say it's "replayable".

>game has 4 endings
>only 2 save files
why

>You can get on the true route on your first playthrough
>Route is blocked just before the ending because you haven't seen another ending
>Restart the game from the beginning, bitch

hello three houses. although it's more like a 30 hours beginning.

you make your house choice at the beginning of the game

Why did you put a clown wig on my wife?

>Not just saving before that choice.
It's on you, man.

Attached: file.png (900x810, 696K)

I love it, more games should do this
if you don't think a game is worth replaying then it's a shitty fucking game

>i want choices but i don't want my choices to actually have lasting impact

Attached: 1528402134595.jpg (850x693, 113K)

>make a choice in a game
>get a new character/item
>doesnt affect the story and doesnt make me have to replay the game
the only correct choices games should put in

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

THESE NIGGAS SAY THEY HEARD OF ME, I AINT HEARD OF YOU, GET THE FUCK UP OUT MY FUCKIN FACE BEFORE I MURDER YOU

I want to cum inside rainbow dash

>game is full of plot twists and turns
>two character routes
>playing one character's route spoils the plot of the second character's route
>you need to play both routes to get to the secret third route that's the real story behind what's happening

thats not rainbow dosh

dang

>the third route is really bad gameplaywise and its story is the reason the other 2 stories are bad.
whats her name Yea Forums?

automata