What do you think of the Super Mario RPGs?

What do you think of the Super Mario RPGs?
Which one is your favorite?
Why do you think they are so different from regular RPGs?

Attached: 1549110605485.png (1080x720, 294K)

>God tier: Bowser's Inside Story, Thousand-Year Door
>Great tier: Superstar Saga, SPM, Paper Mario
>Okay tier: Dream Team, Partners in Time
>Bad tier: Paper Jam, Color Splash
>Dogshit: Sticker Star
I also think both 3DS remakes are better than the originals.

no super mario rpg?
but yeah the 3ds remakes are literally the only way to play those games

I never played SMRPG actually. Is it any good? How does Smithy compare to other villains like Fawful or Bleck?

SMRPG is probably up there with BiS and Thousand Year Door, Smithy is just a plain villain but his gang and other people in the game are fun.

Paper Mario > RPG > TTYD > M&L

Only ones I've played and they're all excellent.

Overall, RPGHigh: Bowsers Inside Story, Super Paper Mario
>Mid: Paper Mario, Dream Team
>Okay: Color Splash, Mario RPG
>Bad: Paper Jam
>Why: Sticker Star

Good taste but I'm confused as to why you placed Partners in Time so far up.

>PM that low
No.

>Bowser's Inside Story = God tier.
Well, you got me, BIS Is by far my fav, but I'm surprised cause no SMRPG.
Super Mario RPG is not my favorite, but it's a good game, the soundtrack is amazing, the only thing bad is the attacks the enemies make, they are super flashy and too exaggerated, they feel out of place most of the time.
Why do you have M&L so low? It's a super original RPG imo.

What's your take on the soundtrack of these games?
I'll start, what's your favorite town song and why is it Marrymore?

Super Mario RPG is the only good one, the rest are too dependent on their own quirks and tedious platforming mechanics.

That's kind of close minded, Every other game has their own SPARK, M&L has interesting combat and Paper Mario has the best Mario World.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little goomba? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in Koopa jumping and I've been involved in several secret raids on Bowser's Castle, and I have over 300 confirmed rescues of Peach. I am trained in Donkey Kong warfare and I am the top plumber in the entire Mushroom Kingdom armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another coin. I will jump you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this world, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Warp Zone? Think again, fucker. As we speak, I am contacting my secret network of Toads across the Mushroom Kingdom and your level is being tracked right now so you better prepare for the storm, cheep cheep. The storm that wipes out the pathetic thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, Koopa. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can crush you in over seven hundred different ways, and that's just with my bare feet. Not only am I extensively trained in Goomba combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Comet Observatory, and I will use it to wipe your miserable ass off the face of this world, you little shit. If only you had known what unholy retribution your "clever" comment was about to bring down on you, you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fire flowers all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

I love Super Mario RPG. My favorite game of all time. Paper Mario is absolutely awesome, but not on the same level as SMRPG. Mario & Luigi, I've only played a little of each game. Never finished them.

I made this in Oculus Medium the other day. Trying to come up with a base model to make all kinds of chibi characters from, sorta like Pop! figures or Nendoroids.

Attached: geno.png (1819x1820, 1.94M)

Paper Mario has been dead for over a decade.
M&L is stagnant and the last original game was 6 years ago.

I dunno about that person, but PiT was my first M&L game so it's got a special place in my heart. BiS and SSS were both better, but they're all fun

Out of the games I've played, I like the early Paper Mario games the best. Superstar Saga was fun, but I never bothered with the sequels and just picked up Dream Team on a whim.

Dare I say... lol.

>Holy Trinity Tier:
Super Mario RPG
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Paper Mario

>Superb Tier
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

>Great Tier
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

>Good Tier
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Super Paper Mario

>Alright Tier
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

>Low Tier
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Paper Mario: Color Splash

>Bottom Tier
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Attached: 25984287_p0.jpg (800x600, 284K)

>How does Smithy compare to other villains like Fawful or Bleck?
You're not supposed to know about him going into the game. He's a different kind of villain altogether. He's a mysterious larger-than-life obstacle waiting for you at the end of the game, like the a classic vidya end boss, and throughout most of the game you're lead to believe Exor is Smithy. Instead of goofing off throughout most the game like those other villains, Smithy instead has a large cast of goofy subordinates and henchman that do his bidding. His thing is removing wishes from the world and flooding the world with his living weapons.