That one multiplayer game you loved is dead forever

>that one multiplayer game you loved is dead forever

What's her name, Yea Forums?

Attached: tribes ascend.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4xSbMo5n3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Tachikoma.png (1280x720, 1.39M)

Attached: tactical-ops.gif (512x205, 19K)

Yours is a big one too, OP.
Goddammit, pic related was kinda fucked over by just getting older and the sequel being terrible, but how does a game like Tribes even die? Nothing else presently fills that niche.

Attached: 6931984-lost-planet-2-wallpaper-high-resolution.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

Savage 2

dunno how's ut2k4
but seems et is still alive

It's still alive though...

natural selection

It has a few people still playing. I played last week and there were a handful of servers with human players on them. The rest were full of bots.

Gunz: The Duel

Attached: GunZ-The-Duel-620x350.jpg (620x350, 68K)

It's not dead forever because it runs on dedicated servers.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Best modern Warfare style shooter to date

this shit was so fucking fun with the massive battles, I liked the objective based maps too

Attached: M-A-G.jpg (1280x1280, 180K)

S4 League.

Evolve, killed by gaming justice warriors.

Company of Heroes blitzkrieg mod

MGO

Attached: Metal_gear_online.jpg (220x257, 16K)

NS2

Attached: rape cave.webm (1152x720, 2.87M)

Quake Wars

Attached: strogg quake wars.jpg (337x244, 52K)

MAG
Warhawk
Chromehounds
UO:T2A

It hurts bros

I loved Lost Planet 1 MP so much, i was in the top 10 leaderboard of my country, though most of the people above would abuse/farm points and didn't even play properly... I was so good at it... god i miss it.

But lost planet 2? I didn't think anything of it really, lots of fun shit from 1 was gone too like being able to do crazy swings, being able to solo the super VS 1v1 with a sniper and good aim (hitting the knee joints and the back) and rolls was hilarious. My ping was high though which probably made me hard to kill, just spam rolls in a zig-zag and people couldn't snipe you for shit.

>can literally never play warhawk again
consoles suck

Attached: 1555477806890.png (400x400, 129K)

rtcw on the xbox huge.

crysis 2 Multiplayer. It was the only multiplayer game where I was top 10 in the world. God it was so easy, people were so bad at the game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

A man of culture

Pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies.
NS2 is still alive though. Unless something happened this Summer to kill it?

Attached: concerned ui.png (616x616, 405K)

>Drift City
>Exteel
>S4 League
>Gunz: The duel
>Strike Vector
>AVA
>Need for Speed World
>Trackmania
>Second Life
>Habbo

This.

It used to be a very good FPS back in 2009-2012 when ijji owned it. The GM's would often make in game events and would interact with the community on daily basis. Then one day CS:GO was teased and the game was sold to Aeria games and the numbers started dwindling down. Aeria games added micro-transactions, made certain guns time based instead of permanent and basically ruined the game, added slutty female character models you could only use if you spent real money, etc.

I still look back on those days, everything was perfect. I remember they even hosted IeSF tournaments. The best team at the time was called DefkoN. Good times.. good times.

Attached: 5435433.jpg (1920x1200, 1.45M)

I wish I were a mid-tier streamer for the sole purpose of having people to revive old games with.

>Exteel
MY
NIGGA

Max Payne 3 Multiplayer was fantastic.

Attached: max-payne-3-multiplayer-guide-1-800x449.jpg (800x449, 62K)

Pass the whisky..

Attached: Fistful-of-Frags-Dual-Revolver.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

paragon

Attached: samanthawright.jpg (736x538, 57K)

I still hurts bro

Muuh graphics tho.. anyway, i wholeheartedly agree. Shinbi, my favorite waifu, will be missed in all her former glory.

Throwing something thread related, Vietcong.
It was good. Dead because of gamespy.

Based, came here to say this

Is there any hope that the developers remaking Paragon will succeed?

A.V.A.

>Tribes Ascend
it hurts bros

Attached: 1532193773734.jpg (256x256, 15K)

It's not completely dead but the friends I played with abandoned it :C

Attached: t5nUa.jpg (1024x768, 203K)

Team Fortress Classic
>putting a price tag on a free mod
Fuck you Valve

Doubt it. The original paragon had that professional epic games treatment, And while these guys night remake it, Its not going to ve the same. Se will probably see Its successor, but not the exact relplica. Still, holding out hope.

Scbw custom games and AOE2 will never die

Unreal tournament 3. Still love this game, And the engine Is just so amazing for sci fi FPS. I wish, that epic resumes its UT4 efforts.

Halo 2

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Nothing in FPS genre comes close to this gem. Maybe Battlefield, with Its Rush mode, but Its very barebones of what ET used to be. The maps were like campaigns in Its own sense. Speaking of Battlefield, i miss Battlefield Heroes. I have a troubling feeling that Battlefield Bad Company 2 will suffer the same fate very close.

her name is Space Cowboy Online!

youtube.com/watch?v=K4xSbMo5n3A
That was great, playing with Yea Forums.
We were younger, we still dreamed.

Attached: 1478438090004.jpg (243x207, 27K)

Quake Wars, BRINK and that Dirty Bomb game failed for a reason.

Paragon. I don't understand why Epic killed it. It was a fun game and it had actual graphics.

Attached: 1486284404011.jpg (3277x1942, 1.33M)

Evolve

Not even shitposting, playing as monster was fuckin fun.

Ass creed multiplayer and Arkham Origins MP mode

I miss it too user.
I miss her even more.

Attached: 5901e15593587572b4b21cdf.png (1024x1024, 340K)

I'm pc, there's not a single dead mp game

diablo 2

City of heroes

Attached: gayspytoday.png (1366x768, 492K)

Shazbot.

Wraith was good fun. I still miss Behemoth more. No game has made me laugh as hard as when I used to hide at the top of hills with him, wait for the huntards to come charging up then playing some impromptu bowling.

It hurts...

Attached: bop.jpg (342x427, 32K)

That hurts fucking god damn.
Wish the game wasn't filled with fucktards with cheats that spams aerial strikes
Why did the developpers leave this gem to develop some fucked up moba

i'm still fucking mad they killed my son sevarog for fortnite

Monsters were the best part, when I wasn't being a wraithfag, I'd go full unga bunga with Goliath and land every rock throw on flying huntards. Great times, hope it'll come back in some capacity. Hell, even a spiritual successor might do it at this point.

Attached: 49159623_p15.png (1500x2000, 2.74M)

Only thing to come close has been dead by daylight, which ironically does DLC in an even more wallet-rape fashion than evolve ever did yet is massively successful.

Random hick with a knife can't compare to being a 50 foot tall monstrosity knocking over trees and fucking up the little ants swarming around your feet.

A few friends told me to never get into it, shared some horror stories about balance and what have you. Sounds like the survivors are the real fucking terrors instead of the killers.
But yeah, the scale has to be there for me, leatherface is cool but behemoth was cooler.

I still miss her bros

Attached: exteel.jpg (750x403, 74K)

>Dat feel when you don't bother hiding as a stage 1 Goliath and just knock the fuckers out of the sky with a rock before they even land for the first time.

DBD is pretty fun for killers up to middle ranks (8-12) then it's just a massive clusterfuck of asshole survivors using all their OP shit and raging in post game chat if you dare to use anything even vaguely high tier yourself. It's maybe worth it for 10 hours of fun if you see it deeply discounted.

>which ironically does DLC in an even more wallet-rape fashion than evolve ever did yet is massively successful.
As a local DBDfag, it didn't launch with almost 2x the price of the original game in DLC, and the new content is $7 for a killer and survivor included while I believe evolve sold hunters for $7 each and monsters for $15 yea?

who said you could post my wife?

Attached: THIGH2.jpg (635x722, 49K)

Me too.

user, let's be civil about this. Wraith's a big gal.

Attached: 821408f290f6129e4d44c43fc7366a42.jpg (635x722, 56K)

Blacklight Retribution

Attached: blacklight-retribution-listing-thumb-02-ps4-us-03sep14.png (1368x768, 1.34M)

Some of my favorite TF2 community servers

Attached: 1541974024146.gif (480x270, 123K)

That's a lie perpetuated by shitty reporting. Every article I ever saw on it included every individual piece of DLC as well as every bundle containing those individual pieces combined.

The actual total cost of the DLC was less than half of what everywhere reported. Not defending it in any way but people were so upset about dropping like $5 on a single monster yet nobody bats an eye at over $10 for a shitty outfit in DBD.

Evolve launched too soon. Today it'd be seen as a bargain.

unreal tournament 2004 and serious sam first/second encounter.
fuck i miss them playing online.

There are a few private servers still around my man.

Attached: 91nnpz2vgtd31.jpg (1125x1112, 194K)

First game I played when I got a PC that wasn't just an office box, still miss deleting people and calling in my big stompy.

Wasn't a money printer like Fortnite, and likely unsustainable. In Epics words, not mine.

same, the sad thing is the reason it failed isn't anything to do with the game-play itself but retarded publisher decisions. You could probably bring back the literal 2012 launch version today and do some minor tweaking and I'd think it'd be fairly popular, HRV by itself made the game really stand out versus other competition.

Call in a UAV. Map just shows a massive red doughnut around the centre objective.
Good times

>no one has posted gigantic
humongous faggots, the lot of you

Attached: goodgame.png (1200x800, 1.6M)

War For Cybertron was the fucking shit when it was active.

I don't know this game but I wanna fuck that dragon

I forgot when I last played it, but it was a shadow of its former self. Just couldn't get back into it for the life of me. Fuck publishers that do this.

People like are why nobody mentioned it

Blame Parity Patch. PC version was essentially abandoned for years while a PS4 version was worked on, then they decided to make a large update that would bring all the PS4 content to PC. The problem is that what they did just port the fucking PS4 version entirely which had a shit tier console UI, removed balancing attributes like sprint timer dependent on armor, removed basically any recoil guns had, removed entire maps, removed custom servers, and removed entire gamemodes.

I got into it kind of late but there was an arena fighter type game called Secret Ponchos that I really liked and was basically dead after it's free weekend.

>those fond memories of squeezing out a win when down a man

Charnok bros ww@

The Culling was way ahead of the curve on the battle royale craze, and had a serious chance of competing with games like Fortnite and PUBG. Combat being primarily melee and skill based meant you could have really fun RNG without throwing off game balance. Game was so goddamn intense at times that my hands would shake. Dumped way too much time into it for the first 2 or 3 months it was out. Devs killed it shortly after. Too many bad changes ruined the flow of the game. They didn't understand why their game was fun, and instead tried to force their own vision of "fun" onto it.

I'll never not be mad

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

soldier of fortune 2 had the best communities of any games i've ever played. and thanks to modders the gameplay was fun due to the custom servers. it was literally quake (same engine) with ak's and shotguns. there are still servers running but they are filled with bots and every player is using wallhack or some sort.
then other one i miss a lot is the unreal tournament, real shame that's dead too, only some brazilian servers where your ping is 9999

i miss those two so much, especially sof2. the games with friends and among familiar faces were really great.

Fuck you.

Attached: 814687260aa90d655d69263a43ef333d.png (400x435, 221K)

Lasted only 4 years, nobody played that

Habbo is still active. What are you talking about

Titanfall 2 deserved so much better

Attached: payne.jpg (422x422, 48K)

Agreed. The running man style gameshow theme was fantastic, the announcer was great, even the little touches like the scoreboard being integrated as part of the sky just showed how much thought they put into it.

Wasn't a massive fan of the rock, paper, scissors melee but I loved everything else. Devs needed to listen to the community more. The F2P re-release was too little, too late.

imagine a world where Titanfall 2 had just
not been sandwiched between 2 other major releases at the time

absolute God tier taste here user.
People only talk about savage 1, but imo Savage 2 is a superior game.

tribes ascend

the original Unreal Tournament. been dead forever though, was great in its hayday

I am still mad

Attached: War-of-the-Roses-72361-5172083.jpg (1612x2256, 963K)

Not exactly dead but last year was it's golden age

Attached: 1519376559192.webm (800x450, 1.52M)

never trust fartshart

Attached: Inselkampf.png (239x211, 3K)

I'LL TAKE ANY TRIBES GAME TO BE ALIVE AGAIN. I DON'T CARE. EVEN VENGEANCE.

There's still some kind of community for this, but it's too much of a headache to set up.

This game literally got me through a very depressing summer back in 2005. I miss it.

Attached: Socom_2_Box_Art.jpg (220x312, 27K)

I'm a sucker for asymmetrical multiplayer and I really enjoyed this. The only Legacy of Kain I've finished is Soul Reaver, but I really can't understand why people had to shit on this so much, now we don't have any LoC at all instead.

And while there is a small revival community server Discord for this game, it's too autistic for me to be a part of. They literally don't want the private server to get too much attention because they're afraid that it'll get shut down. Being a part of a secret club like that isn't something I'm interested in, but the game deserved better than it got.

Attached: announcement.jpg (1600x850, 243K)

a little while ago some anons came together to relive the magic for a night. Dboys never die, they just get lost in the shadow realm

Go play mgo2r

Attached: Marvel Heroes.jpg (1280x720, 1015K)

Holy fucking shit, I was just thinking of this last week. What ever happened to the developers? I figured they're making mobile games now or something.

Probably. It was basically one of those idle mobile games like Clash of Clans before smartphones were even a thing.

I played Shattered Horizon over a free weekend on steam years ago and ended up buying it. Little did I know literally everyone stopped playing immediately after. A zero g FPS hasn't been done, otherwise, as fair as I know and it was a very cool concept.

Attached: 2220841-shattered_horizon_keyart.jpg (677x960, 266K)

Dystopia. I loved to powerfist. Allahu akbaring an entire spawn wave using a self-triggered cortex bomb was also good fun.

Attached: Corp_heavy.jpg (264x450, 23K)

i was literally about to post that one, to bad i never got to play it, and all multiplayer fps are boring now

I remember how much this raped my CPU. It was a pretty good game, though.

You should probably check out Boundary.

Paragon died because of the graphics, a toaster could run dota/lol.
Also the card system sucked.

This and S4 League will never come back to their former glory.
>tfw you somehow managed to miss that TWO MONTH LONG PERIOD where some oldfags anons were dedicated enough to try and make S4 League alive on Yea Forums once again
>due to uni no less

I saw the threads but glanced over them as I thought they were a mere temporary fad

Attached: 161128-drinking-alcw.jpg (760x507, 64K)

SHAZBOT
SHAZBOT
SHAZBOT
I AM THE SHAZBOT

Enemy Territory was the alpha and omega of fps games, and quite possibly the peak of online Vidya.

Idtech 3 engine 4k remaster when?

>They don't make em like this anymore.

I would buy a ps4/5 if they announced a remaster of Socom 2.

Attached: 1534025160551.png (413x414, 464K)

Damn I was playing RP for a long ass time in this game when I was younger. Good times.

If I remember that one PC-gamer issue am I a boomer guys?

FUCKING REDDIT KILLING TRIBES ASCEND BY MAKING THEM REMOVE CLASS

SHIT REDDITORS FFS WHY CANT THEY EVER SHUT THE FUCK UP
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Nanalinan.jpg (1000x896, 109K)

amen brothers
>pic very unrelated

Attached: SOCOM-4-U-3D2[1].png (800x800, 924K)

They killed it because they were mad we beat them.

my man

Don't think I play this game before. What's going on here in this webm?

I remember seeing this in Hollywood Video all the time, but never rented it. High school girlfriend was into it, though.

>Tfw shitty MMO game you like died
>No private server files were ever made for the game
Suffering.

This was honestly a really fun game before they ruined it with a patch that casualized it

Attached: LawBreakers-Logo-Black.png (2048x582, 108K)

What happened to the general? I tried to go to /vg/ to look for ip of the servers but there is no general

everyone divided into teams of 4. the majority of people spawn as D class in the orange jump suits who spawn with nothing, a handful of scientists who spawn with keycards, SCP which are monsters, and a military team tasked with saving the scientists.
in the webm a D class found a gun and used it to RISE UP against the science nerd for his keycards
I heard it got the same fate as most generals and it turned into a circle jerk revolving around the same few people. which is a shame because playing with Yea Forums is very fun since everyone uses mics and mic spams the intercom while pub servers are full of silent players with a 10 second intercom limit and no fun

Fucking happy wars
That shit was so addicting

Game died from lack of updates.

still hurts. it started to be a shitshow too :c

Attached: apb.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

The new COD looks like it will be a close successor to it

Oh boy,it hurts.. KZ4 would be the only reason to buy a ps5 for me

Attached: IMG_0255.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Attached: 151212561261536.png (754x1259, 212K)