Post games that had too much SOUL for their own good. This game's map design in particular suffered for it

Post games that had too much SOUL for their own good. This game's map design in particular suffered for it.

Attached: fab1b64b9c2e254da8af782859fb2b37640ab228.jpg (616x353, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_RQarhRWiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S5YGxMjywSk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump this shit, nigga.

FE remakes are the prime example that you should never be TOO faithful

the map design isn't a big deal at all though, why are people being so autistic about it

It honestly just boils down to the map designs being nearly 1-1 with the original. imo the DLC maps were very fun and made good use of the mechanics in Echoes overall.

It's not about being autistic. Maps are among the most important factors of any FE. Obviously if they're bad and open they'll be brought up a lot.

It's actively unfun to play half the time. If it was just open fields yeah that's boring but whatever. but you also have maps that start you off in a desert that take fucking ages to get to the first enemy, shit is retarded.

I unironically didn't mind the open fields most of the time, gave the battlegrounds a sense of scale. Not like FE map design is usually that great anyways, put a bunch of bushes in and you would've had the average FE map

but yeah some maps were just garbo. That one castle that had these long 1 square corridors was just hilariously stupid

>game is shit
>"why are you autistic, it's fun"

I'll agree that the maps were one of the weaker parts of Echoes but the only maps that I actually hated were Celica's Ch. 4 maps (most, if not all, were in toxic swamps that take forever to sludge through and damage you every turn.)

>game they put the most effort, love and care into so far
>hardly anyone bought it cause it was on 3DS, didn't have Yumi, and was too hard

I love the Nips and I still kind of like Yumi, but damn is their taste terrible at times.

Attached: senran_kagura_2-642x350.jpg (642x350, 123K)

I do adore this game for how much it stood out. I know not everyone likes the unique aspects of Gaiden but I thought they were a nice change of pace. Maps definitely suffered for sure, but everything else was top tier.
>Best art in the series
>Great voicework
>Music that continues to uphold the series' legacy
>Fun characters, even if Faye sucks
Maps definitely drag the game down and can make some missions a chore, but I can't say I'm too bothered overall

>remakes keep everything the same
>REEEEEE, IT'S TOO FAITHFUL! IT'S SHIT!
>remakes change anything at all
>REEEEEE, IT'S SOULLESS! THEY RUINED IT!

Never played Senran. How did Yumi get so popular

To this day, I still have no earthly idea. Hell, she was popular the minute her debut game, Shinovi Versus, got a trailer. She was popular before that game even came out. People say it's because she is prime Yamato Nadeshiko material, even though Ikaruga was already that before Yumi came into existence.

Like I said, I kind of like Yumi cause her ice powers are cool and she's aesthically pleasing to the eye; but she's also the indirect reason the series has taken a turn for the worst

With better maps it could have been by favourite, I loved the mechanics otherwise. It's still way better than awakening/fates.

This game is the definition of a bad game with SOUL. Had so much soul they forgot to consider that they made it a complete drag to play and 100%.

Attached: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (382x260, 30K)

There is no black or white answer to it. It depends entirely on the game. Gaiden was an outdated game with bad maps so the remake should have had massive changes.

On the other hand if they were to remake FE6, that game has good maps so you WANT them to be faithful with that one and just change certain other flaws like Roy's late promotion and axes being near unusable.

I don't like the big open field maps with nothing in them.

imagine being this retarded

Why? Because you can't park your unit in a hallway chokepoint and have them clear out everything?

Contrary to popular belief SD's lack of supports doesn't ruin the game beyond belief. If anything, adding the Weapon Triangle to a game built around not having one is the most questionable decision of they made with it.
NM, on the other hand, adds plenty of shit with the new protag, an entire set of Gaiden Maps which play out more like little puzzles to be solved, an equivalent to base conversations and so on, and it's generally those aspects of the game that see criticism from people rather than them remaining faithful to the Map design.
Realistically, it's only SoV that suffers from being faithful because unlike SD and NM the game it's remaking isn't as solid a framework to build off of.

Why does Weapon Triangle ruin SD but not NM?

My god i loved the music remakes
youtube.com/watch?v=I_RQarhRWiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S5YGxMjywSk

I'm not saying it doesn't, I just didn't think it was necessary to repeat the point.

They're both pretty broken games honestly. Avatar alone breaks NM.

no, because I don't play like a pussy. I don't like it because ramming your big line of units into your enemy's big line of units in a big field with no obstacles or structures in it is boring.

2 of these land onto your fishing boat, what do you do?

Attached: Dagon_Echoes.png (407x415, 160K)

Hunter's volley

reminder Echoes led to Three House kino
just lacked the artist behind Echoes

i wish all the Overclass shit was actually in the base game
had to pirate it and my fucking god, all my dread fighters are useful mofos

The stupid singing kind of ruins the music in the remake. I'm tired of games doing that crap.

Attached: 1446402717833.png (1000x500, 900K)

>Get annoyed by the enemy summon spam
>Start my own summon spam

I wish overclass wasn't horribly designed. Whoever thought you should have to get to level 20 first was a retard. Alm or Celica are pretty much the only people who MIGHT reach that point and that's only with grinding during the main game. The worst part is some of them are so fucking garbage. Armors don't get boosted move, archers actually lose mov(although they gain bow range), harriers just get fire, etc etc.

i have trouble enjoying this game, it's just kind of slow compared to real FE and AW, because it takes a minute to do anything, and the pseudo real time is more annoying than cool

Nothing beats scarecrow, carter, and John. Lure shit from across the map, stun and then kill for almost no steam.

summon was broken as hell, I'm glad they didn't put that in Three Houses unless it'll be in lunatic difficulty and enemy only later, along with Inevitable End

celica is cute, but man Alm's wifey is such a dumbo

Attached: FEE_Celica.png (2202x3403, 3.62M)

I get what you mean, Dark Souls boss themes are fucking garbage when it comes to this, especially from 2 onward, but Twilight of the Gods is lit

>hey celica, do what I say since there are absolutely no alternatives
>ok

Attached: jed.png (1024x608, 728K)

what a kind old man

Attached: trustworthy people.png (228x352, 195K)

>really want a remake of genealogy
>the maps would be remade to be smaller, akin to modern FE maps like in three houses
>obnoxious normie faggots would complain about why you can't pair up Sigurd with other men
Perhaps it's for the best

Attached: 1563409789850.jpg (996x966, 316K)

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

>jobs in your path

Hopefully if they remake FE6 they give my man Hector an actual death worthy of him

Attached: WOL.png (788x1158, 1.01M)

i kinda wanted to see how a genealogy remake would look on the Switch but now I may have some reservations on that

Attached: 1566129554460.jpg (1035x1064, 544K)

I'd be stoked if they release the entire SNES FE library for Switch, I might actually subscribe to the online function if it's tied to that too. I doubt they would ever do it though, since they released genealogy on the 3ds virtual console in 2017 for JP but never brought it here.

>the maps would be remade to be smaller, akin to modern FE maps like in three houses
Considering how little they changed Gaiden's maps, I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

>The level design isn't important bro haha who cares
Imagine playing a Mario game where every level is an empty flat field.

>too faithful
>cripple 80% of the maps because you know the modern shit players won't be able to beat gaiden without it
>add in baby shit so that people can beat gaiden easier because devs know they suck

If only. Maybe FE4 would have a chance of being good then.