Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Since it's on a sale, should I get it? I've heard about it a lot earlier and tried it cracked for a bit, but got irritated how slow the warrior gameplay was and with the generic pawns. What class would you recommend if I were to pick it up again? I was thinking about the assassin.

Attached: 6301077939abed0a152034dee5ebd3bba97b872e[1].jpg (616x353, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NWf0Cf9YUJM
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/22
store.steampowered.com/app/794260/?snr=1_wishlist_4__wishlist-capsule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Ranger is FUN with all the status arrows you can use, plus with Whirl/spiral arrow attack and the "Morbidity" skill, you'll be giving enemies status for days.

Like Petrifaction arrows, those are fun on humans and minotaurs.

Don't go for straight damage, status is a lot more fun.

Attached: dragon crown elf eating.gif (480x270, 48K)

Can someone tell me why my quest marker's disappear when I haven't completed the assigned quest yet? I'm doing an early quest regarding a Secret Tome, and when I hit Map on the quest, it drags me to a particular area on the world map every time. I visited said area and scoured every nook and cranny I could, but didn't find anyone or anything to progress the quest. The quest isn't failed either and when I re-map it, it just drags me back to a certain area on the world map.

What quest is it?

>anons first instinct was to play the cuck job and his second instinct is the play the second cuck job
The only other worse decision you could make would be picking mage
Anyway you'll be playing everything for a bit to unlock augments, start as a strider since stamina is probably the most important stat, don't make your character a shitty loli since that lowers your attack range, makes you easier to knock down, lowers the amount of shit you can carry, and gives you less stamina, same goes for your pawn unless you want it to get BRINED

You and your pawns don't have enough knowledge of the quest, you have to look around and explore and investigate shit, this isn't skyrim where a marker will lead you by the nose

Not all quest objectives will give you the exact location.

I'm just a fan of melee :(

I'm thinking about it too. Have until the 29th to decide so it's no rush. Be reading this thread.
Need to make sure I devote time to this and not just get it to not play it like I did on the PS3 and PC. Should probably just re-install the PC version to help decide.

Attached: 1561577349388.jpg (400x300, 58K)

Then play strider, magic knight, fighter, or magic archer

the only thing you have to do is get the mod that makes stamina drain like it does in towns

basically, all actions but running drain stamina normally. having stamina drain when you run is retarded, especially when you want to run and jump to even begin clambering onto enemies just for your stamina gauge to already be half empty.

its still balanced, but more enjoyable

also keep in mind that warrior is regarded as the worst class but fuck those people because arc of deliverance is so fucking cool
and sorcerer is just a great fucking time too.
All the classes are great but you might also want to get a mod that alters how magic archer stat growth happens since its kinda dumb how it normally is. only worry about this is you are a min maxer because your weapon stats more than enough carry your ass (except for stamina, of which ranger is your best friend iirc)

don't bother, the whole game is as boring as you think. empty world with longer time spent walking between markers than doing quests and copy pasted enemies everywhere in between. most vocations just spam the same 1 or 2 buttons so you're stuck playing the same few vocations. pawns are retarded and have to be trained properly to not be detrimental. generic writing with forgettable characters. only reason people like it is because you can climb monsters and make lolis. wait for dd2 and hope that they actually finish it this time

dont listen to this ding dong
you did play a cuck classs (warrior) but assassin is so fucking good
assassin can pull off some disgusting damage, especially with the move dire gouge (clamber an enemy and just jam your sword in and keep twisting)
look at this video if you are interested with assassin
youtu.be/NWf0Cf9YUJM
or look at all his vids since he does a somewhat decent job at showing what all skills do for all vocations

Strider and Magick Archers both have higher dps, and I think Rangers as well

sounds like min/maxer speak
dont let us have fun

It's not even min maxing and it's still fun
Strider turns you into a buzz saw that cuts through every, Ranger is like carrying around a machine gun with explosive ammo, and Magick Archer is the hilarity of setting yourself on fire and ripping apart enemies with your flaming knives

Oh you're saving me huh? Name three better games then, no memes.

Attached: 1548537962903.jpg (800x450, 93K)

Hows the game population? What is online good for?

>What is online good for?
Hiring other players' Pawns -- customized AI-controlled characters with skills and gear, to help you through the game.

You just recruit other people's pawns, and possibly get rewards if others recruit yours. Otherwise there's no interaction. My pawn hasn't even been recruited in an entire year, and I tend to stick to the same pawns all the time, so not much recruiting on my end either.

Population doesn't really matter
Near the start of your game you create a main pawn who you build like your own character (vocation, customisation, skills, equipment, etc) that levels up with you, and you can also teach it behaviours on how to act and knowledge on how to beat certain enemies, navigate certain areas and complete quests. Your 3rd and 4th party slots are the main pawns of other players who you borrow, and they don't need to be online for that to happen

Dunno how people put so much time into it

There's nothing to the game except for combat
Which is fun but I really would like some memorable quests or exploration

That Yea Forums still has several DD threads a week does my heart good.

It's literally the greatest game ever created.

Attached: rip griffon.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

Bought it. Thanks for your inputs, Anons!

Attached: danke.jpg (1889x249, 72K)

Have fun lad

> status is a lot more fun.
Until you have to deal with any of the relevant content in BBI

You got tricked. Now you have to await the sequel with us for all eternity!

I'm so fucking angry the MMO is being shut down it's literally just Dark Arisen as a coop game

I kept putting off hopping through the hoops to play it because I assumed it would eventually be localised.

Attached: nah_its_cool_imma_chill.jpg (374x593, 214K)

I bought the game in the summer sale and finished it last week, you'll always find the pawns you need no matter what so you'll be fine on that front, some people would use my pawn from time to time, like once per week or so I'd get between 5k to 15k RC from her, she was a fighter but I imagine sorcerers get picked more. I had like dozens of pawns favorited and I only saw a single one make progress over my whole playthrough though, it didn't change my experience at all but I wish I was around to see pawns grow

Attached: 1565997527356.jpg (640x480, 351K)

It's really fun you still have some time all you need is a vpn for the launcher that's it that's all that was ever needed user

magic is fun as shit, you'll love it, just make sure you keep melee pawns on hand, i didn't and had to destroy a golem by hand that took 30 mins to kill

so instead of making a bigger sequel or ANYTHING else they chose to make an MMO AND its shutting down?

utterly shocking

I DID do BBI with status. At level 54, this includes second form Daimon.
Rusted bow is also goddamn great.

How's the mod community in this game? I already played it on console ages ago and was wondering whether I should play it on PC with mods

Really? Must have been a grind then, props to you though. And yeah Rusted equipment is great, especially on hard mode where staggering takes forever.

the mmo released years ago you just never played it so now it's shutting down

Can't wait to get a new pc in a couple weeks and play it again in glorious 4K. Though I hope it will be capable. Is a 9700k and 2070 super enough?

I can't imagine I'd be able to convince anyone to play a dying MMO with me now that it's confirmed to be going down.

How's the GoG version? Might get that instead.

Different servers so you'll have different pawns to select from. If you have a Steam friend whose pawn you want to use you won't have access to it.

>Is a 9700k and 2070 super enough?
Is there any game where that setup isn't strong enough? I can already run it 4k60fps on a cheap 2600 rx580.

>friends
but it works fine aside from that?

YES. BUY DRAGONS DOGMA
BUY IT ON PS4. BUY IT ON SWITCH BUY IT ON PC
BUY IT EVERYWHERE SO WE CAN GET DD2

Yup. But you'll be missing out on those nice /ddg/ pawns.

Attached: 1432702036616.png (1280x1200, 454K)

It's a fun game and there's a lot of shit to customize and do.
Fuck the pawns though. They can be helpful if you set them up just right, but majority of the time they'll just hold you back and get themselves killed over and over again.

You can play this game at 60FPS on a 6 year old laptop.

Wonder if that will still be the case with an enb.
4K60 though.

this game was optimized by the people that optimized DMC4 original for PC. It runs on magic.

You can fucking run it at 4K 60FPS just fine.
As for ENB try nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/22
It's made by the same person who made RLO for Skyrim.

I think ENB is shit and a waste of resource but I think you'll be able to get 4k60fps with it but I still think Reshade is much better and doesn't tank performance if you know how to use it's filters well.

Yes but steam version has more pawns, better pawns and iconic pawns

>want to try new class
>play others first to get damage buff skills
>get all the skills needed and play new class
>get bored fast
>go back to playing Sorcerer
Everytime.

If your pawn acts like a retard that means you play like a retard since they learn from you

Looking at the pictures I'm reminded of how awful the night skybox is. Is there no mod for a better one?

Maybe if you look hard enough there is.

Anyone got sliders for this cutie?

Attached: _20190814_111422.jpg (1177x1080, 215K)

doesn't seem hard to make desu

you retard

Not talking about the banding problem if that's what you mean but having more stars there or something, looks way too empty.

>playing a game with ps2 textures in 4k
?

Attached: 882.png (430x430, 155K)

The eyes and nose are quite tricky.

Now that OP got his question answered, someone redpill on this game. Is it worth my money full price or shall i wait for a discount? How is the gamplay solo? I heard there is a lot of empty space on the map meaning travelling around is just a lot of downtime with nothing happening, is this true?

store.steampowered.com/app/794260/?snr=1_wishlist_4__wishlist-capsule

Attached: 40113.jpg (590x336, 40K)

>travelling around is just a lot of downtime with nothing happening, is this true?
yes but if you didn't think DD was like that then you won't mind outward either

Same.

Attached: 2019-08-20-140221_3840x1080_scrot.png (3840x1080, 761K)

the grimoire quest is just one of many that gravitate to the southern bandit fort. Fortunately, that is where you end up being pointed to after asking around.

The bigger challenges were the big room with the wizards, but with the height advantage and petrify arrows, I manged to get them all.

>no gay sex with hats on
shit image