Battlefront 2 will be the closest thing we get to Republic Commando 2

>Battlefront 2 will be the closest thing we get to Republic Commando 2

Are you happy yet Yea Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-181222.png (1280x720, 968K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e8cf2YnkLgQ
youtu.be/rsH8LAb-5qQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9FXrbNlX0KU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Halo 5 was the closest, and I wasn't happy with that either.

They're bringing back offline conquest. That alone makes me super fucking excited.

Just when I think the fate of Star Wars games couldn't be any more disappointing, something new and terrible appears.

Is there at least some vague equivalent to Instant Action in this?

You know I picked it up for 4.50 and I have to say it was worth it for that price. These little updates are nice and I get why the small following it has sticks around. I'd rather have Republic Commando 2 but I don't trust EA to make that game. I'll wait patiently until they lose the license in however many years.

They announced the return of instant action today.

Excuse me what the fuck. Someone give me a quick rundown.

Commandos are coming as a reinforcement next month along with a Felucia map

Do they even have 32v32 yet? Or 64 v 64 XL?

Haha no

Republic commandos, Felucia, 4 player online coop, offline instant action with a mode that is pretty much conquest, and more

>They're bringing back offline conquest.
While I still hate EA, getting this game for $8 seems more and more worth it

Attached: 62135AE4-C5D5-4B75-B943-04D1EDCB2E15.png (772x598, 789K)

Holy based. Is EA, dare I say it, /ourpublisher/ ?

Game is legit good. Especially for the constant under $10 sale price

Why don't they just release their games with all the content already in it like Pandemic instead of adding content years after release when no one cares anymore?

God no. They'd need to sell their properties to other companies that will actually make them of use before they have any form of respect from anyone again.

Because the name of the game is to keep people coming back to your product for as long as you can stretch it out before they get bored again.

We're getting a PVE coop mode boys, you can use the reinforcements in it which means all four of you can be clone commandos and with the skins coming at the end of the year you can expect Delta Squad skins.

EA and Disney shills need to eat a bullet.

Star Wars has been dead since 2012.

I bought it for 9 when it was on sale awhile back and I have been consistently playing it for awhile now. Be and my oldest friend played battlefront 2 the og game years ago so for us this game is perfect. Always chill to come home after a long day of work and knock out some clankers.

>every player wants to be Sev

Im more of a Boss guy myself

>PVE COOP
>Instant action
>Felucia
>Commandos
Alright this is looking good.

It’s definitely dead but occasionally you can find little nuggets of good stuff. Battlefront 2 after years of being fixed is one of the only ones I’ve found. Not perfect by any means but not trash.

have you actually played the maps? most of them suck and the A.I in particular is braindead. It lacks the scale and vehicles of the original game

its good bang for buck, probably the only decent thing EA and dice have done for years.

It's a shame that the capital supremacy maps are so sparse and how the ships are always the same.
It's the only mode that's actually worth playing.
The standard assault mode is fucking terrible and you have to deal with all the nu-SW content that I want nothing to do with.

EAfront 2 is still trash even with all the updates. The game is flawed on a fundamental level.

The only thing these threads serve is to show how desperate you EAfront faggots to not be alone since your game is fucking dead. Pic related is how you fags have been acting since the games release.

Attached: DshpEJZX4AAvSjP.jpg (1200x498, 153K)

I came back to this game about 3 months ago after hating it during release and it's been my most played game every month since.

It's really fucking fun now

Only 5 maps, and its only the Clone Wars maps. That's because they're reusing the Capital supremacy maps because those are the only ones that have a mode that resemble Conquest and they already coded bots to work on those maps in Capital supremacy.

>tfw they're using the online versions of the maps and adding better ai from the last mode we got, as well as vehicle and hero ai

i got it for $4 and don't feel ripped off

CS rework is coming

Are we pretending the original had galaxy brain bots now?
nu-bf2 has a whole lot of issues but lets stop pretending classic bf2 was some 10/10 flawless masterpiece.

Attached: 1394942699991.jpg (469x302, 36K)

Have they removed the Star Cards crap yet?

Halo 5 was Republic Commando 2.

They're pretty much on par which is pathetic considering the original came out 12 years ago

Attached: 20190820_131732.gif (182x324, 3.71M)

Maybe its just me but while I enjoy the look and feel of OT star wars, the clone wars era is just so much better for games. Even in BF2, basically anything actually worth playing involves clones and droids.

Attached: 1431306597947.jpg (894x894, 122K)

the droids are cute

It's the same for me, CW era has much better vehicles, ships, weapons, units, maps, music and jedi. The OT era is bland in comparison.

The only era that can compete is the Old Republic era but unfortunately it's never been in a battlefront game, and never will be now thanks to Disney.

Clone Wars Era was an actual war so it's grounds to be more video game material. OT is just Terrorists who win with plot armor. Not an actual full scale war where entire star systems are sieged and hyperlanes are shut down because one force dominates the other. Every "battle" in OT like Hoth and Yavin is them just running away.

u r cute

I really hope they leave them white. The color coded versions in the final game were great of course but the blank armor just makes me so nostalgic for that original trailer on the battlefront disc.
youtu.be/e8cf2YnkLgQ

Attached: republic-commando-1.jpg (1024x694, 328K)

Is it still hero spam? Last time I played heroes were given out like candy and were annoying to deal with thanks to health regen spam cards.

pretty sure on release they are just be white, but I can see them doing a spec ops skin with the other reinforcement skins.

Good news! There are no more health regen cards
health on kill is now passive

youtu.be/rsH8LAb-5qQ

Attached: starwars-1509856625525-5142.jpg (1680x1050, 729K)

in CS the hero's are easier to deal with since teams are limited to 2 per side, that being said they are still motherfuckers if they decide to team up and your teams hero's are no where to be seen

yes, the full scale offline mode is all I wanted, now it's better with my boys.
I wonder if they'll have all the skins from delta, at least Sev's and I'm happy...oh shit I wonder if the melee attack will be the hidden blade like republic command, for once I'm genuinely excited for this game, so happy to see commandos in current gen

I hope not, I hope they give us skins from republic commando.

the game is fun until there's multiple heroes on each team

this so much, prequels main story was shit, but the background stuff and world building expanded the sw universe so much, clone wars TV show explored all that good shit that was in the background of the prequels.

The saddest thing about the prequels is that the story is actually solid and thematically Anakin is an appropriate parallel to Luke. People don't like him because he's whiny and not a badass but neither was Luke. And Anakin falls because of his attachment which is exactly what Yoda warns Luke about.

Unfortunately none of that matters cause the script itself is bad and Lucas sucks at directing actors. I still love them though for all their flaws and they have way more soul than the shitty sequels.

wish there was a no heroes mode, where it's just regular soldier, the special soldiers and vehicles, no heroes in sight.

Capital Supremacy and the game in general is pretty enjoyable right now. I wouldn't really call it very good, but it's certainly decent.

One thing that bothers me to no end is the fact that you can't ever choose team nor can you choose which map you're going to play. I don't want to play as a fucking clanker, I want to send them to the scrap merchant.

Die CIS scum.

Attached: Poster_001.png (720x1080, 1.1M)

>Fordo with a Commando rifle
I'm triggered

Both would be ideal, I'd just rather they not have an OC skin like they gave the Arc troopers.

The Clone Wars era is an amazing sci fi world, even though the three movies that are set in it are terrible.

The Civil War era is alright, but pales in comparison to the Clone Wars even though the movies set in it are extremely good, at least IV and V.

I just wish that we would've gotten more TCW episodes that aren't directly about the war, I loved the ones that showed a little about life on Corruscant and such.

Yeah, they can still be pretty fucking annoying. CS is better because your limited to 2 era specific heros but there still isn't a no heros period option.
The really over corrected with people crying about not getting to play as a hero. In both the old games and nu-BF, darth vader striding in to battle was
>oh fuck darth fucking vader is here oh god oh fuck
and now everyone and their dog can run around with a glow stick. Indefinitely if they hit the point requirement too.

Hayden Christensen was a mistake

This is very true, the whole concept of the prequel trilogy isn't bad at all, it's the exceptionally bad execution that completely kills it.

It's because I wanted him to be a Skirmisher class, which I felt was fitting for that mad man.

If you want to be further triggered I can also point out that his appearance there is a combination of the two we see in the show. He never has his Jaig eyes on during his phase 1 appearance. And he never has the ARC trooper kama during his phase 2 appearance.

Attached: Fordoblaster.JPG.jpg (720x406, 92K)

DAMMIT user I WAS SO FOCUSED ON THE RIFLE THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE NOW I'M EXTRA TRIGGERED REEEEEEE

I'm sorry, user. I just really like the ARC trooper gear and without the Jaig eyes there isn't anything showing that it's Fordo.

Hehe

Attached: serveimage-47.jpg (1280x720, 261K)

I let my online run out last year and I haven't played online since. Is capital supremacy any good? I assume the game is still a bug-ridden, one-sided, unplayable mess.

Why are there hardly any maps for this or for any of the other Opposition mods?

We could've had all kinds of sci fi kino with Star Wars, Mass Effect and Starship Troopers, instead there's almost nothing .

Meh. CS is either a bit of a stomp or drags on forever. Personally I think its better than most of the galactic assault maps but the best GA maps are better than CS.

v-vode an...

youtube.com/watch?v=9FXrbNlX0KU

Attached: 1429643722596.jpg (2560x1440, 759K)

There new maps, but most them are not in the workshop.

Attached: serveimage-49.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

That's what I was afraid of. The game gets stale so quick.

How did an Arma mod turn out better than a AAA funded game

>how did something that wasn't created with profit margins in mind turn out good

Attached: 1524050250443.jpg (582x528, 53K)

Battlefront is unironically one of the best multiplayer games atm

Explain your reasoning, show your effort.

>Solid gameplay
>Constant updates and new content
>Looks great
>High skill cap
>no more lootboxes
and it's cheap

i like it, but i wouldnt go that far man.

>solid gameplay
No, it's buggy as shit
>constant updates
That introduce more bugs
>new content
It took over a year to add CW heroes that should have been in at launch
>looks great
Only thing I agree with
>high skill cap
Absolutely lmao

If by scale you mean wrist rocket and grenade spam then sure. I'll gladly trade a few more players for tighter maps that look amazing.

Now what they should do is give us regular fucking Conquest mode. Capital ship takedown sounds cool but the fucking cinematic in the middle of the match ruins the pacing.

>lunges at you completely missing you and spinning out while putting the ability on cooldown
wtf did they mean by this?

Attached: grevious.0.jpg (1200x800, 70K)

>buggy gameplay that encourages cheap tactics
>a slow dribble of superficial dlc
>doesn't look, sound, or feel as good as Battlefront 2015
>fighting twenty level forty+ Anakins in a row is 'skill-based'
>a slow level-up grind just to be able to compete, ensuring new players are scrubs for longer
And it used to be over sixty dollars.

Saw a guy do this right into the reactor on the droid ship. Laughed like an asshole

Attached: DFFDE8CF-CADA-41FA-94F6-223EC42E0648.png (300x424, 123K)

There's more grenade spam than ever in EAfront because there's unlimited fucking ammo

Imagine if Star Wars in the hands of an actual developer. We would have Republic Commando 2 by now.

Might just be a personal thing, but I don’t experience the spam that much. If anything it’s me doing the spamming

Disney is actively trying to kill the franchise

Would be fun if they removed heroes. It's worth like 3$.

>og battlefront 2 ai wasn’t brainded

>"The second game mode arriving in September is called Instant Action, and it’s one many have requested, a large-scale game mode that can be enjoyed within a single-player environment. It will take the Supremacy element of Capital Supremacy (**the planetary phase**) and allow you to play through it on your own."

So Instant Action isn't even going to let you play the ship phase.

The story was fine, it was just poorly written and it didn't need three movies.

The ship phase is just chokepoint hell so I don't care that much

Good

the people that were bitching about instant action knew going into it that space maps were separate maps from ground maps in old bf2