Daily reminder

that if your PC doesn't cost at least $2500/$3000 dollars, you've paid a premium for diminishing returns when you could've just bought a console to way cheaper instead.

Attached: met9a3wjzjh31.png (720x686, 298K)

Except I'd have to play with a controller. Fuck controllers. Mouse & Keyboard for life.

the great thing about PCs is you can upgrade them whenever and however you want.

but I use my computer to post on Yea Forums and watching youtube while I play vidya and my programs :(

Attached: 1475790261958.gif (875x700, 45K)

Most people own a non-gaming PC for work and email that will still run most of the games they want to play.

That's a big fucking lie

I did purchase a console for modern games like Dark Souls 3 that my 2009 PC couldn't run. The way I see it most PC exclusives worth playing don't require a beast to play. The only downside is I don't get to play online, but I don't give a fuck

Grafix aren't the only advantage a PC has over consoles, is just the most simple one console-only brainlets understand.

>is YOUR PC more powerful then the PS5?
what the fuck kind of argument is that?
that's like saying a Lamborghini can beat a mustang in a race but the other person says "can YOUR car beat a mustang in a race?" as if that that's supposed to prove you wrong

Big thing about pc for a long time was that it did cost less than a console and did perform better.
Nowadays I can't tell for sure, hell maybe ps5 will do better and for cheaper now, but I don't want one single corporation to dictate when my piece of entertainment irreversibly dies. Paid online and lack of keyboard are a big factor too.

Attached: 1489156870299.jpg (500x339, 23K)

Yes, MY pc is more powerful than the ps5. And even if it wasnt pc gaming is still superior, better games, mods, can do pc things, etc

My PC will most likely be more powerful than the PS5 when the PS5 releases.

You can use a mouse and keyboard with USB shenanigans being what they are, but there are some games that will ban you for it.

>people who buy prebuilt PCs and then they give the excuse of "welll derp-a-derp I hav money so I don't care if it's more spensive!"
That's not the FUCKING POINT! The point of building a PC with your own hands is so that you know where every part goes and how every part connects to each other, so that when it breaks, you know exactly what the problem with it is instead of waving your dick in your hand in a panic you stupid fuck! I don't give a FLYING FUCK that you're some trust fund baby, or that your faggot friend/cousin got you a cushy job or you spend all your NEETbux on this and nothing else! I HATE people who purposely choose to be ignorant!

Attached: 1523057810231.jpg (1016x768, 67K)

I'd rather play on a shitbox PC than on some consoleshit.

Attached: laughing anime girl.gif (500x500, 256K)

one of the reasons I think PC has lost its luster is because for the most part the console/PC experience has become very homogenized. the difference between xbox 360/PS3 TF2 and PC TF2 was night and day, whereas xbone/ps4 OW and PC OW are more or less the same. same with just about every other game

custom maps and custom servers were the appeal of PC for years, now theyre all but gone and so PC is just a better looking console

PC gaming has reverted while PC parts have excelerated. This makes it way cheaper to build a gaming pc that meets or exceeds requirements.
Before you needed a $800 gpu and a $400 cpu to max out something like Witcher 3 and still get 40fps. Now you can get 60fps with a $300 gpu and a $200 cpu. Monitors are the only bottleneck right now, as there are no $300 IPS 4k hdr monitors, which is proof that PC gaming is in fact dying, because you can buy a TV with those exact specs minus the IPS and instead getting a VA panel.

I'll probably never need to upgrade past what I have now until VR is the real deal.

gonna upgrade my PC in 5 months
will be cheaper and immenseley more powerful than a PS5 while being connected to my TV 24/7

it still costs less and performs better
you just have to pass 2nd grad math class

I got a prebuilt one because I'm too retarded not to break it

why isnt Wojack garbage an instant fucking ban?

but I bought a £900 pc and I haven't paid for a single game yet, despite owning and playing shitloads of them. I win.

Seethe zoomer

all you have to do is plug in cords, a monkey could do it

cringe cope dilate le boom boom boom zoomer
40%, have sex, kys, and degenerate soi

Attached: IMG_20190814_040705.jpg (480x484, 19K)

seething

you can easily build a 140FPS/VR-Ready PC with $800.

>OEM Ryzen chip + $40 CPU cooler
>good-enough 6GB gfx ~$250
>basic bitch everything else

A completely half-assed PC is still superior to brand new consoles and you save the difference by not needing to spend $60 on every game + subscription fees for access to your own internet.

But why should I have a console when even a pc has tons more good games than consoles AND has far more functionality beyond simply media viewing than a console?

Attached: 1566015819782.png (1750x2703, 2.37M)

Aren't the more expensive PCs (2000+) the ones that actually have diminishing returns? Does saying intentionally incorrect things make your thread more likely to hit bump limit?

>oh no cringe
>can isn't cringing
come on you stupid phoneposter, at least try

Attached: reginald.jpg (750x409, 138K)

hi reginald

le cringe and unbased yet cuckpilled and red green blue pulled sjw

Whats an alternating tuesday?

>to way cheaper
>wojak poster is a braindead moron
I'm shocked, the only downside to owning a pc is literally only bloodbourn because it can play literally every other and the "good" here is important good game in existence, and my pc cost me 500$ in 2012 and runs the witcher 3 on medium just fine, on par with console quality.

If you had a pc before 2012 you could even make money off it by using it to mine. The possibilities are essentially limitless, now stop being sour grapes, faggot.

Also, pic related.

Attached: yo ho.jpg (474x355, 17K)

Isn't that the opposite of what diminishing returns means, user?

hi reginald

I think he means every other Tuesday. So, basically, he'll be back in two weeks.

>no mods
>no decades of backwards compatibility
>no emulation
>no piracy
>can't use whatever input device I want
>can't do general computing tasks that don't involve consumption of media
>can't even make my own games
Yeah, I should have just gotten a console.

Bold of you to assume I'm smarter than a monkey

I think playing on console is a lot comfier than pc but my pc loads games so much faster that I find it hard to play console games sometimes. Saving/loading takes like a second on pc but almost half a minute sometimes on console, it's so bad.

>it takes 3000 dollars to build a pc more powerful than a console
damn my dude time to vote libertarian because taxes are killing you

Yea Forums is possibly the only place in not only the internet, but the world you can make an absolute moron of yourself, and still be assured that you're right about anything

I bought my PC for $1700 new zealand dollars (around 800USD, only the tower) 6 years ago and its still working fine. It hasn't been able to play games at max graphics for a couple years but I can still play every game I want at worst at 1080p on medium settings and maintain 60fps. I'm only now thinking of upgrading with the new Ryzen CPU's once mid range motherboards come out and my upgrades probably wont cost me more than $700USD equivalent for another 5-6 years.

People who pay more than $1500USD for a desktop whos sole purpose is to play video games are getting scammed, buying an i7 for games is a scam, buying anything larger than a 600watt psu is a scam, any kind of dual graphics setup is a scam, most non stock cooling options are scams, anything larger than a mid tower PC case is a scam and buying any motherboard more than $100USD is a complete scam.

PC gaming doesn't have to be expensive if you're not retarded.

Awful argument because current $2500 pcs have janked up price to performance ratios due to raytracing. Wait a year or two to get a high end pc.

Also my PC is $1000 and will be as powerful as a hypothetical PS5 or slightly more.

i built a pc for $350 that runs everything in 1080p60fps on max (usually get 144+ fps in most games but latest titles are 60-100fps)
people who say consoles are cheaper just dont know how to shop

I spent 1400aud back in 2014 and it still plays everything I want. I won't need to upgrade my gpu until the old one dies because new games are all garbage.

did you swap it?

Could be because single core performance isn't doubling every 18 months any more.

Either you got lucky with sales over a long period of time, you bought secondhand garbage, or you're simply lying.

>buying any motherboard more than $100USD is a complete scam.

Then why is the B450 Tomahawk the most suggest MOBO to pair with Ryzen CPUs? Goes for $110-120. You were probably being hyperbolic but in order to get a good mobo that can handle overclocks you're looking at the $100 price range at least.

t. doesn't know how to shop

The thing about PCs is that they can constantly be upgraded without needing first party support. As in(as far as I’m aware) there are no specific AAA company brand computers like from Sony or even say Microsoft, barring all irony.

Attached: C5B423BB-BFBA-400E-8E85-D0677250F018.jpg (828x746, 41K)

Is this the daily tech illiterate retard thread?

please break down what each part of your build cost then.

>consolefag AND a wojakposter
Pottery to put Shakespeare to shame.

And be stuck with inferior genres and control schemes? No thanks.

Stick to consoles kiddo

So you managed to find every single part, all compatible, on sale? Because that isn't msrp for new shit.

My PC is more powerful than a PS5 yes.

Doesn't matter, you can overclock ryzen CPU's on much cheaper boards, also the overclocking potential of a chip is largely decided by the CPU cooler and the silicon lottery, not the motherboard.

Besides, overclocking your cpu is a waste of time for games anyway, the chances of your cpu becoming a bottleneck for your gpu in GAMES ONLY is so low that you'd probably only see a meaningful fps increase if you're already using a 2080TI or something, and if you're using a card that expensive you're probably also dumb enough to have bought some monster i7/threadripper where you'd once again be in the situation where theres just not fucking way your cpu is bottlenecking you.

Answer
then mustard gas

>answer a question for someone else
No

Play a fighting game with a keyboard

2500/3000 is a pretty retarded price point for a future proof PC. I dropped 1000 on PC parts in 2015 and the only upgrade I've gotten since then is a larger SSD.

Except that's not true. A $500 pc from 5 years ago will be more powerful than a PS5.

I do. Pretty ez.

you don't have to go into retard hyperbole mode to defend PC's

Doesn't every 9000 series intel processor require an at least 100$ motherboard?

Nice.

>play a fighting game with a free Hitbox controller
Doesn't sound that hard to me.

>No
That question never gets answered by you fags. Really makes you think...

>take shitposting machine
>put ebay gpu in it
>get 60 fps on medium settings (better than console), free games, and free online for dirt cheap
Why don’t consolefags just do this?

I have a mac

>fighting game
Pretty much the definition of inferior genre

I built one for a little over $700, slowly upgraded it over the past couple years. Dunno if I’d call it “future proof” but it’s definitely gonna last the next 5 or so years without needing another upgrade

Intel CPU's for gaming have been a scam since Ryzen 2 so any intel is a scam automatically, a midrange Ryzen 3 on a compatible under $100 Ryzen 2 motherboard will vastly outpreform Intel dollar for dollar.

Total cost is somewhere around 1200-1500, forgot to add

I've pirated at least 5k worth of movies, software and gamus, can you say the same consolefag?

Attached: 1513342984030.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

Google is free

Alright so I guess everyone was just collectively tech illiterate. Got it.

>reverted
>excelerated
and you typed a whole bunch of shit, too.

Dumbass
>prebuilt office pc ~$200
>rx 580 used or new on sale ~$150
Easy 1080p60fps machine, only the shittiest of console ports will give you trouble. It’s almost funny how delusional consolefags are.

fpbp, I truly feel sorry for consoleshitters for playing on gamep*ds

>PC gaming doesn't have to be expensive if you're not retarded.
Unfortunately you are.

8600k OC to 5hz
16gb ram
1070ti
500gb ssd
Yes my PC should be more powerful than a PS5

Anons here are trying to flex and make people think they own 2080s when their toaster is too shit to even run Yea Forums so they have to post on their phones instead

Why do people think about PCs only in terms of gaming? PCs aren't just gaming rigs. They're WORKSTATIONS. Can you render and edit video projects on a PS4? Can you write a report on a PS4? Can you make 20 shitposts a minute on a PS4?

PCfags pirate most of their games. Your argument is useless

daily reminder that you can pirate games for millions of dollars on PC so your diminishing returns can't compare.

Attached: 1551876923571.png (578x387, 434K)

Hi Reginald, have a nice week

Hard to shitpost on Yea Forums with a PS4.

I'm getting my first paycheck on Thursday
My jew mother is splitting the $700 that I get for free from college with me so we both get $350
I'll have about $650 by then...
Can I get a decent PC with this? I know I can upgrade it later but should I keep saving to get something better? I've never built one before.

Because bringing up that the PC can do everything and more makes console babies shut down and make another thread

why are consoleonly plebs so obsessed with PC owners? as an idort i feel pity for PCfags having to endure all this shitposting daily, if only consoleonly players had games to play instead of shitposting

Yeah I'm sure a $200 office pc is gonna have pcie16x slots on its mb. You fucking retards have never even built a pc, have you?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it was a scam when every year intel releases a new processor that requires a specific new more expensive motherboard, so if you wanted to upgrade your basically buying a new computer every time because the old motherboards are just useless garbage.

>shitposting
It astounds me how consolefags literally have to use a PC to shitpost and they still don’t see the merit of slapping a gpu in it or something. For christ’s sake unless you’re a phoneposfer or on a laptop you literally already have all the peripherals you need.

Hi Reginald

POWER OF THE CELL

Attached: 1556432469824.jpg (578x1220, 1023K)

Hi, Reginald

You haven’t lived until you’ve phoneposted hard enough to change the entire subject of a thread

Attached: ABD5C7AA-0824-4C38-8281-BDE04FD081E0.jpg (250x250, 56K)

I’d say $850-1,000 is what you want to aim for if you want a really high tier system that will last. $650 will get you a good pc though, hit up the pc building general on /g/ for advice.

>Does saying intentionally incorrect things make your thread more likely to hit bump limit?
Yes. You have no idea how many insecure anons are eager to feel better about themselves by correcting some other user online.

lmao 2000 dollars, okay. spent 1500 and this thing has ran every single game ive thrown at it 1080p 60fps just fine. if you want the higher fidelity of 4K or 120 fps, yeah, you'll need to shell out more, but my computer blows away the xbone and ps4, and it'll do the same for ps5 and xbone2

>just built a gaymen PC a week ago
>will probably cave in buy a ps5 slim in a few years
They better not have good exclusives

Attached: 1564133200340.gif (247x183, 2.21M)

Imagine.
This guy is shilling consoles for free.
Just because he's too much of a brainlet to build a PC, or is too poor.
The irony, because next gen consoles are going to cost almost double than they used to.
Enjoy shilling consoles poorfag, while I enjoy games on a PC and consoles and laugh at you.

Good thing my pc costs 3k then

Intel has actually been a scam for almost a decade now but we were all forced to just roll with it until AMD finally released a product that wasn't god awful.

no i specifically paid for mouse and keyboard controls power was secondary to me

Then buy a $50 motherboard. You’re reaching for straws here dude is that really what you’re going to attack me with? I put together a dell optiplex with an old amd gpu in it for a friend of mine, it’s a wonderful option for a transitioning consolefag.

>3700x
>5700
>16gb of 3600 cl14
yes, i'm quite sure it is.

you living in 2010 or something?

I bought my xbone s for $249 a few years ago when I was still in high school. I'm doubtful you could build a better PC for that price now or back then.
That said, I built a PC for $2k once I got a job and it was definitely worth it.

Daily reminder that if you're condemning people for overspending you might have a different viewpoint due to differences in your and others' financial situations.
>But diminishing returns, but you could save so much money and play at 1080p 30fps
Since vidya is my hobby I can indulge myself to the best experience possible, be it PC or consoles.

Attached: d106ryr-f8f183e0-6e74-41a2-a634-bf91695bbcde.jpg (716x621, 86K)

Your price is 400+ and now you need a new CPU because how are you gonna run games with a pentium 4? Just be honest and admit you've never built a pc.

Hey user, some games are better on controller like rocket league which I can just plug a controller into my PC to play

No but that's typically how old office PC's are. No need to update hardware when all you do is run a few spreadsheets.

My PC is roughly 1500 dollars
and my GPU is what takes up 1000 dollars off of that price.
The only thing bloating the price of PC's is the graphics cards, every other part you can get dirt cheap and they're all myriad times better than any hardware inside a console unit.

And you're missing the whole point of PC's. They're not made for gaming only. Have fun making games, making music, making 3d models, digital paintings, animations, coding etc. on a fucking console, you moutbreathing retard. A PC can do millions of tasks a console can't AND it also plays games better than consoles. Why the fuck do you want a bicycle without a seat when you could have a flying car?

Computers can do things besides play videogames you know

>Can you render and edit video projects on a PS4?
yes
>Can you make 20 shitposts a minute on a PS4?
yes

thanks for exposing yourself as a pcpajeet seething about a console you dont own

>multiplats generally performed worse on PS3
And now streaming is done primarily through phones and TVs. So much for being a condescending gaming guru.

Attached: Porisuman.png (548x465, 305K)

Show me your Youtube video user. No, recording gameplay with the share button doesn't count.

Why are PCfriends so easily triggered? Some of you are about ready to pop a blood vessel over a literal reddit meme

Jokes on you, I'm still using a $500 prebuilt from a decade ago and I'm only now running in to games my cpu can't handle.

Attached: 1000521265421.jpg (800x534, 65K)

>shitposting on your pc instead of your phone
These niggers never heard of airplane mode

>being a consoleshitter
>paying a premium to use your own internet connection
>being glad nobody can play the games you can
>wonder why no one talks about games nobody else plays

Are you fucking retarded? PS4 has the sharefactory app which lets you splice together clips in the storage of the console, put music, transitions and whatever on it

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Because the mods and jannies support it. Anything that doesn't put the mods in a bad light gets to stay, as we've been plagued by based spam, cringe spam, and pepe/wojak spam for over 4 years now. Meanwhile, spermcranium got filtered a mere 72 hours after it became the new word of Yea Forums.

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

Your meme was forced and garbage

On low settings you mean. At 720p.

Vroom vroom

Vroom vroom

>Your meme was forced and garbage
And the constant pepes and wojaks aren't. This is EXACTLY what I meant.