Ignoring the echoes/clone, it's not a bad representation, really

Attached: images (61).jpg (739x415, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/news/201812/17169087.html
nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-super-smash-bros-ultimate-interview/2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Marth/Robin/Anna

Literally all FE needs or deserves

Daily reminder it's not a fighting game.

Corrin a shit, pls removes

Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Anna would be best. Rest don't matter.

marth, hector, ike, robin, chrom, byleth
is this aceptable?

Marth : Deserves his spot
Lucina : EZ mode Marth. Arguably deserves a spot because her game saved the franchise but should probably be reworked
Roy : Deserves his spot
Chrom : More different to Roy than Lucina is to Marth. Arguably deserves spot for the same reason as Lucina but imo we shouldn’t have both
Ike : Deserves his spot
Robin : Deserves his/her spot. Marth’s status as the face of the franchise aside, if I had to choose one character to stay in to represent FE it’d be Robin since he’s just such a good representation of so many aspects of the game.
Corrin : different enough to the other characters gameplay wise to potentially deserve being there but probably shouldn’t have been added in the first place. I think this is personal bias on my part though.
All in all, I think that each individual rep is fine and it’s not worth removing any them. FE characters really lend themselves to a fighting game style like the one smash has and the real crime is not their overrepresentation, but the underrepresentation of other flagship franchises such as LoZ.
Also, there are plenty more FE characters who could be great smash candidates and very different from current FE reps and non FE fighters, but at this point the anti-FE movement is so rampant I don’t think it’s likely we’ll get more reps.

on second thought ill replace chrom with lucina because she's cuter

delete Lucina/Chrom/Corrin and add a Jugdral rep and/or a villain

Keep them all and add more sword users from other kinds of games like Dante and Travis Touchdown.

Would trade Fates/Awakening characters to have Dimitri in.

>tfw you hate Fates but Smash gave Corrin a decently unique moveset

>Awakening gets THREE characters, though two are clones
>Fates got Corrin before it even released
>Three Houses, an actually good game, won't get anyone because people complained about too many FE characters
What a shame, Dimitri in smash would be great. Byleth would be cool with the whip sword but Simon/Richter already do the long range thing.

>ignoring 50% of the cast, it's not a bad representation, really

You basically have 4 characters with one of them being slightly adjustable to suit different play styles. You have Marth and co as the adjustable swordsman, you have Ike as the heavy swordsman that's really just functionally an axe user, you have Robin, a mage that essentially wields a lightning bolt on a stick, and Corrin, that's functionally a lance user.

Attached: FESmashRepresentation.png (1342x538, 146K)

>Marth/Robin/Pokemon Trainer-style Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude with Byleth chipping in for certain attacks
Here's your revised representation bro

as much as I'd love dimitri, we'd probably get dumb ol edelgard because shes pretty and popular

>it’s an user still thinks of Roy as a Marth clone episode
Can we skip past this one and get to the user shits on the reputability of the FE franchise as a whole arc please? I’m really sick of this shitty filler content.

Why do they all have the same face?

this is a smash problem, not a fire emblem problem

Don't worry, you'll see Byleth and Edelgard in Smash. You'll just have to wait...what, six more years for the sequel?

>Roy : Deserves his spot
Oi now wait a tic

It isn't at all, people just like to hate for whatever reason, I honestly want a Three Houses rep if we get a fighters pass 2. Either an Axe user/Brawler/Archer.

Get rid of Roy and the Awakening characters, replace with a Pokemon Trainer-style Byleth where you swap out between the three Fodlan lords.

Attached: EAYOAyJUcAAOwxI.jpg (960x1200, 142K)

>Marth
>Ike
>Roy
>Deserves the spot
And why is that?

>remove all the Awakening characters, from the game that single-handedly saved Fire Emblem and is the only reason Three Houses exists

Marth is the first and "classic" lord of the series
Ike is one of the more popular lords after him in japan I believe and he had two games where he was the protag
I dunno why the other guy said Roy though, not even Fire Emblem fans like him

>Series known for its variety of weapons
>Almost entirely Sword Lords

Blech.

>Marth
>Robin
>Newest Lord
That's all the franchise needs for reps. Ike's popular but whatever, if you start going off that then you gotta add the whole fucking crew.

Sorry, I thought this was self explanatory.
Marth : The face of the franchise, not having him but having other FE characters would be like having Mario reps without Mario. Also he’s been a staple of smash since melee.
Roy : rep for the game boy era and, contrary to popular belief, no longer a Marth clone. His entire kit is different enough to the other characters to warrant him being there and his game era deserves representation.
Ike : Again, radically different gameplay wise to the rest of the cast and a representative of both the GCN and the Wii.
The biggest concession I’ll give about FE is that they should all have a new down b. Giving them all counter was a mistake and makes them appear same-ey despite them being so different to one another.

>Top Representation
>Marth
Face of the series, og lord, the most worthy FE addition.
>Robin
Only character that represents FE's iconic durability mechanics, only FE rep to utilize magic, a tactician representing a strategy game makes perfect sense.

>Good Representation
>Ike
The single most popular Fire Emblem character, closest thing the series reps has to a heavy fighter, giving him a unique niche among the FE reps.

>Decent Representation
>Corrin
Fairly recent, by far the most unique playstyle of the bunch, but her game was also kind of shit and she's hated by both Smashfags and by a majority of the English FE community for being one of the worst lords in the series (in terms of personality).

>Poor Representation
>Roy
Incredibly similar to Marth, in terms of both Smash moveset and in terms of his actual canonical personality. Game is mostly irrelevant and was never released outside of Japan. Literally only in Smash because Smashfags love him (muh fire sword)

As far as echoes go Chrom is far more interesting than Lucina, just in regards to how they were each adapted.
Replace Corrin and Roy with Heroes Anna for staff/axe representation, and it would be a far better selection of reps.

Just because it saved the series doesn't make it amazing, and it doesn't mean that they deserve THREE spots.

That being said, Awakening is a mid-tier FE game, and Robin and _Chrom can stay.

It's me, the only idiot on this board who wants Seliph in Smash.

Attached: 8BFB4A9B-EA59-494B-92C4-7292161A646B.png (199x299, 63K)

This. Sakurai must have intentionally gone for broke on the moveset to justify Corrin, too.

>Marth
Sure, keep him.
>Lucina
This applies to every Marth clone, but if they don't have an original moveset, then they should not be in the game. Lucina with an original moveset and a Chrom alternate costume would be ideal.
>Roy
Love our boy, but he has to go.
>Chrom
See Lucina.
>Ike
I think he deserves his spot, but would much rather see an Axe user like Hector be the heavy-weight FE rep.
>Robin
Most unique character. But I find them very boring. Sure, they can stay, but I would not miss them if they never came back.
>Corrin
Do not care about. His moveset is boring, would much rather play as Lobster-kun.

We need a samurai/speedster character like Lyn, I was thinking having a sort of Pokemon trainer hybrid with the Three Houses lords would be cool, and we'd finally get a spear/bow rep, and maybe a wildcard pick like Camilla to replace Robin. She wields an axe, hits very hard, and three of her specials can be magic.

We have boy anna up there already though

You can blame the general trend of fantasy heroes having swords for that, as well as Smash going with whoever's starring in the new game for new FE characters.

Roy got in before his game was even out, it is him and not Corrin who should get the public's opposition, but nostalgia is a drug I guess

fire emblem characters are really cool and i jerk off to lucina and femalle robin and girl corron all the time i think they should be in smash

>Three Houses Lords as a Pokemon Trainer Hybrid
How the fuck do you even begin to justify that? They never even fucking team up outside of the literal tutorial mission. Besides that, if you did that you might as well just give each of them a unique down b and just make them into 3 fighters, with the amount of effort you're putting in.

Seliph is only good if you give him the Paragon Ring and DC + Null C Disrupt in Heroes

Lords are usually the most painfully generic characters in their games. Ike is the only one with a backstory and personality that stands out and even he's generic by the standards of his game's better characters.

It's not bad representation for the games, but Fire Emblem has much cooler characters than them. Sakurai is just fucked because he cares more about the diversity of games he draws from rather than fighting style.

Reskin Chrom to Leif.
Add Hector as an Ike echo.
Add Celica as a Robin echo who does self damage instead of having weapon durability.
Reskin Lucina to Eirika.
Add style Byleth.
There. Full representation for the entire series.

>if we get a TH rep it will be fucking Edelgard
I guess having nothing from TH is fine.

Attached: 76275618_p0.jpg (2500x1474, 1.71M)

What some fail to realise when talking about FE representation is that people are not asking for the characters in smash to change, they want less of them. Everyone who says "this will fix the FE smash problem!" always says something along the lines of "replace character x with character y", but that isn't why people are pissed. It's because FE is NOT a big franchise, it does NOT sell as well as it's roster size would tell you, and - I say this as someone who loves the series - it is NOT good overall from a gameplay standpoint to warrant extra favour.

2 reps is all FE deserves, and honestly all it needs as well. Regardless of external factors, any more than that is an insult to other franchises, which is why it is hated.

To be fair, I'd rather get another FE character than Meme Plant, Waluigi, and Steve

Smash has never cared that much about justifying character relations in-universe, and it fits with 3H's central gameplay mechanic of Byleth teaching and commanding his units in battle.
If someone really cares that much about the justification they could just hand wave it as the 3H world getting fucked by Galeem and Byleth convincing the 3 lords to team up, like how brawl trophies handwaved Ness and Lucas's final smashes

Attached: D9AyTCrUwAAMyTE.jpg (655x1003, 93K)

Anyone who gets worked up over muh slots is a faggot, and fun gameplay should ultimately trump muh representation.
Alao Hero proves that Smashfags will bitch about anything.

>instead of campaigning for more characters for other series and more varied characters for FE, I’m going to advocate for needlessly pruning the roster.

Marth isn't the face of the franchise. Nobody cares about Marth except for smash secondaries. Arguably, it'd be Lyn or Lucina or somebody like that. Better yet, use the mascot, Anna.
If you think Roy/Ike deserves a spot because of his unique moveset, then you can't say Corrin doesn't as well.

>Keep Marth but turn his alts into various different characters throughout the series like Hero
>Keep Ike
>Keep Robin
>Add Hector
Perfect representation

>Wanting less content
Man they are nuts

>fun gameplay should ultimately trump muh representation
I completely agree. 50% of FE characters being uncreative clones is not fun, so they shouldn't be there.

Mystery of the Emblem is the best one. The fuck you mean nobody cares about Marth?

You can't just get rid of the main character from the first game in the series, and his moveset does fill out a niche of being precise with tippers. It just got diluted by his clones

>and it fits with 3H's central gameplay mechanic of Byleth teaching and commanding his units in battle.
No it does not you absolute retard.
Pokémon Trainer makes sense because having a single Pokémon participating in a battle, with the option to freely switch to another Pokémon, is a central mechanic of the franchise. This is not the case with FE, and you'd literally just be shoving three characters into the game just to have them in the game.

I admitted to my Corrin bias in my original post. If you held me at gunpoint and forced me to make a totally unbiased call based on my general way of thinking about characters then yes, I do think she ought to stay in but I personally just don’t like her.
Marth is very much considered the face of the series, especially in japan. Only westerners who had Blazing Blade as their first FE game think of Lyn as the face.

>I agree
>But I hate these characters so dump them
Never change, Smash child.

Corrin kinda popularized Fire Emblem with the newer generation of gamers so.............................

But I have to say if anyone doesn't deserve a spot it would be Roy, though personally he's my favorite FE rep

Pretty much this, the fact that FE gets more reps than Zelda is shameful. I'm not sure how the fuck Sakurai justifies it in his retarded head. Oh yea, cause he's a lazy fuck that's how.

It is the closest a character in smash can get to that mechanic. Unless you want an FE character who has a set amount of spaces he can move across the stage with and a menu with seperate weapons and vulneraries

>Corrin
You’re thinking of Lucina there, senpai

It absolutely is. There is no reason for a more than a single rep from each game. It's disgusting that Awakening has three, while Lyn is a assist trophy and Alm was ignored. Fuck Chrom.

Chrom can stay, Lucina and Roy can fuck off.

>Arguably, it'd be Lyn or Lucina
I hate using this term, as it's very clearly a shitpost concocted by some group of shit posters to cause disarray.
But this post is 100% jizzmind

>>Keep Marth but turn his alts into various different characters throughout the series like Hero
This would actually be fine with me, but then either choose Ike or Hector, not both.

Man I really need to remember to delete the post for quick reply.

I’m pretty sure you're thinking of Chrom, Robin, and Lucina instead of Corrin.

Or Tharja and Camilla.

You argue FE deserves less characters because it's no sales juggernaut and propose limiting its roster to 2 slots..
same number as the Mother series, one less than Star Fox, half as many as Metroid's...

Marth didn't keep the series out of its own life support.
It's similar to how cloud is the FF rep. Nobody cares about FF outside of 7 (generally), so of course they're going to use Cloud to generate the most amount of sales. Because believe it or not, that's all they care about.
Epic dead FotD meme!

You're using concepts that just don't translate to Smash to justify adding mechanics that are completely unrelated. It's like arguing that Mac should be able to swap to other characters because he has a couch, or Ness should to represent his party in a JRPG setting

Why do you feel the need to show your retardation daily?

We need Axe/Lance representation. I think cutting Roy, Lucina, Chrom or Corrin for an Axe or Lance user would be good.

If we're talking purely from a gameplay perspective, I like Roy's revamped moveset much more than Marth's.
Not that guy, but I can see it working. Byleth joins in for the Final Smash and taunts, and yes, it would very obviously be only to promote the best selling game in that shitty franchise. Hell, the three lords could replace Lucina, Chrom and Corrin.
Eliminate Roy.
Marth
Ike
Robin
Edelgard
Dimitri
Claude
Since FE isn't that big a franchise and frankly feels over fucking represented in Smash, the hybrid three idea sounds more appealing. 4 FE slots is more than enough, not because I think there are only a limited number of slots to fill, but because the series doesn't deserve more.

>it’s not a bad representation
Funny joke. Most of the FE cast could be dropped without real issue.

If sales is all they care about then they wouldn’t have added so many FE characters in the first place.
What they care about is what characters would work well in smash, with a little bit of popularity contest sprinkled on the side so they don’t add any literal whos.
That’s the reason there’s so many FE reps: because they work so well in Smash’s environment.

I unironically want him in.

Attached: Takumi_art.png (2000x1941, 1.79M)

>Marth didn't keep the series out of its own life support
>A remake of an NES game with terrible visuals and no effort put into it couldn't save the franchise
>And when they did it again immediately after it also didn't work
Shocker.

>3 Marth derivatives
>In a series with a weapons triangle, everyone has a sword
>Even Era-wise, it's still messing a SNES rep
That's three strikes. Batter out.

Anna as an axe user would make sense, but I can't think of anyone relevant to add as a spear user.
Ephraim and Dimitri are the only ones who come close to being relevant enough, but I don't think either is a really good choice for Smash. Maybe Azura, but why remove Corrin just to add her?

>but I can't think of anyone relevant to add as a spear user
You fucking what?

Attached: 76237877_p0.png (1194x2332, 1.46M)

>That’s the reason there’s so many FE reps: because they work so well in Smash’s environment.
No the reason is that it's easy as fuck to make them and reuse marth's animations for the 50th fucking time. I could only imagine if it was like Kirby that had the kinda representation FE does:
>Kirby
>MetaKnight
>King DDD
>Masked King DDD
>Galatca Knight
>Waddle-Dee
>Waddle-Doo
>Sailor Dee (DLC)

Anna as a master of arms.
Azura for lance and she has cool water powers too.
Remove Lucina, Roy, maybe Chrom but I really like Chrom so I'd rather not.
Boom, problem solved.

They've always wanted FE to sell. It didn't work, however, until Nintendo decided to actually advertise the thirteenth game, for some obscure reason.
Yup, that's what I said.

Anna uses an axe in Heroes, a sword as a Trickter and lance as a Merchant in Awakening, and a bow in Warriors, I think she uses a bow in Fates too. Really Anna using different weapons for different moves would be a perfect FE character, especially since she appears in almost every game.

user keep reading you fucking retard

Dmitri is a fucking lad but I understand what that user’s saying.
He’s not the main character of his game, that’s Byleth, and he’s not even the most pushed / marketed character, that goes to Edgelord.
I’m sorry user, but /ourboy/ is a third rate 3H character on the same tier as Claude, Lissa or Xander as far as potential FE reps go

It's not. They just need to replace Chrom with Lyn and add Byleth and the representation is perfect.

Not bad representation, sure. The problem is that it is over-representation.

If you could add one villain from the Fire Emblem games into Smash, who would you pick?

Attached: 53460D99-5EC2-4E63-A912-8A6DE095153B.png (502x749, 412K)

I'd like to see Dimitri in because it'd be absurdly hilarious, assuming it's based on his post timeskip personality. Violent helicopter twirls, taunts where he says shit like "the dead must have their tribute."
>Dimitri WINS!
>"A consequence of the blood I've spilled."

Attached: ECOK8hwVAAAwh0T.jpg (1200x639, 115K)

I know it's tough with the eyepatch Dimitri, but read the next line.

>Anna as a master of arms.
The fuck? That's like adding Robin as an assassin, why would you do that?
Give Anna her Heroes legendary axe and make her b moves staff moves (silence, enfeeble, heal, etc) that have limited charges and then give her a mechanic where opponents drop coins if she hits them, which she can use to recharge her staffs.

More like under-representation of other stuff.
Nobody would complain about FE if LoZ had Skull Kid, Girahim and Tetra; or if Donkey Kong had... uh... more characters..?

Replace Masked Dedede and Galacta Knight with two more Super Star characters and you've hit the nail right on the head.

Edelgard

Hardin, though it would be tough to pick between him and BK if he wasn't already an assist trophy.

Camus characters are good picks too.

Attached: Hardin.png (388x379, 196K)

Dedede = Bonkers
Meta Knight = ???

Duma

>Camus characters
Kek what is with this series and character archetypes? Isn't there a Navarre is pretty much every game?

>Kirby
>King DDD
>MetaKnight
>Marx (or Knuckle Joe if Marx is still a boss)
>Bonkers
>Waddle-Dee
>Waddle-Doo
>Sailor Dee (DLC)

Attached: 1398918830119.jpg (600x600, 89K)

An actual good representation would be
>Marth (Roy/Lucina echo)
>Hector (with Edelgard echo) or Byleth (with whipsword/holy magic focus)
>Ike
>Robin
Even then, 4 uniques are pushing it

fire emblem is bottom of the barrel trash that doesn't deserve to have more than two reps in any given smash game: marth and then whoever the MC of the most current game is.

Eirika is a fencer though, she would fight entirely different to Lucina

>Hector
>adding a 16 year old character from a franchise that already has several other characters as well as new characters that would be much better alternatives to add
no

Because she's a merchant and has been seen using all of the main physical weapon types over various games. It would make sense for her to be able to whip out a sword out of her inventory, or lance, or bow, or axe depending on the move. She could also be the second character to be able to showcase durability.
[Spoiler]I also hate her Heroes design with a passion.[/spoiler]

Attached: 1544903456134.jpg (605x541, 95K)

>Chrom
No
>Byleth
No, unless his game is still the newest when Smash6 comes out
>Hector
No

I feel like all the major eras of the games should be represented

Just have her use a shit ton of weapons in her final smash.
And give her her Awakening look as an alt costume, like Wario has.

>Chrom alternate costume would be ideal.

This mentality is so ass backwards to me. Even if the changes are small, having characters that are even slightly unique adds to the roster. Leave echoes and clones, add differences if need be, but removing them so they can be costumes is stupid.

Roy was a shill pick and his animations are still mostly ripped from Marth. Him being mechanically different doesn't mean he's not a clone, in fact most clones in fighting games are mechanically different. He is not here to represent the GBA era of Fire Emblem, he is here because he was in Melee, and returned because of nostalgia for Melee. Not every era in a second/third stringer franchise demands representation anyway.

Ike, and I say this as someone who actually likes the guy a lot, is the quintessential relevancy pick. His games bombed, nearly killed the franchise, and he's only here because he was the latest lord at the time of Brawl.

Alter her side b and give her the ability to always face her opponent like Ryu

Fuck no dude, we don't need that many fucking Fire Emblem character. The fuck is wrong with you people?

>Hector
Not the main lord of his game(Eliwood is) or even the most popular lord from his game(Lyn is).
There's no reason he should be in.

I'm still amazed that Ike survived the cuts in SSB4. I guess swinging around a big-ass sword instead of being a clone of Marth saved his bacon.

Technically speaking, we'd only need 5 (assuming 3 Houses is too early to get in)
>NES
>SNES
>GBA
>Gamecube
>3DS
Right now we have 7, 4 of whom are 3DS characters.

Robin has a more legit case to stay than Ike does, popularity be damned.

Replace one of them with Hardin and it’s a deal.

If you cut the fat and slap off Byleth it is less
Marth (Sword, NES/SNES)
Hector (Axe, GBA)
Ike (Greatsword, GC/Wii)
Robin (Spellsword, 3ds)
Byleth (Whip+Holy Magic) Switch

Marth and any other lord that fights like him are just skins, like the koopa kids.
Ike for big boy sword users
hector for axe user, could have a Edgelord skin
Ephrain for spears, Dimitri skin
Robin for magic user
Claude for archer

Every relevant role is represented and new characters could be added as skins to then in the future as updates. What might be interesting to be added into it are mounts/flyers and manaketes (not Corrin)

That's not how fucking "eras" work man. You also missed Wii and DS. Are those not "eras" to you?

If we ignore Echoes and clones, Fire Emblem still has more unique characters than every other series except for Mario and Pokémon. That's buttfuck insane.

Here’s your FE rep, bros.

Attached: F30C3B4F-91E0-4E0B-9B3C-AB335675A4DD.png (945x1133, 170K)

wii was the 2nd game ike was in and ds were 2 marth game remakes, probably better off to just gloss those 2

>Hector (Axe, GBA)
>Ike (Greatsword, GC/Wii)
No and no

I was going off the game distribution. Though "Classic/GBA + GC & Wii/Modern" would probably be better, so fair point.
>You also missed Wii and DS. Are those not "eras" to you?
The Wii game is a sequel to Ike's game and the DS got remakes of Marth's games (unless I missed something). I was only counting consoles/eras that with unique games and casts.

The reason why is because all of the non clones had a unique fighting style.
>Marth - elegant sword
>Ike - heavy sword
>Robin - weak sword but magic and durability.
>Corrin - treads Marth's line a bit but also adds dragon power, although not as much as I would like.
Smash is designed around movsets first.

If they gave each rep more personality people wouldn’t be so harsh, I’m guessing. Look at every other series with multiple reps in Smash and you’ll see a wide variety of personalities in each series, but if you look at how FE is represented, not only do the characters look alike and play similarly, but they also all act like typical JRPG heroes in Smash. To outsiders of FE (which is most people who play Smash, after all) it feels as if devs are putting time and money into adding in the same character again. Make the characters’ personalities more prevalent and people will be more okay with FE reps (see the reaction to Chrom vs the reaction to every other newcomer echo in Ultimate)

This, it's ridiculous. The series should never have gotten more than three unique characters and some skins for Marth.

They'd never give Edelgard a Flame Emperor costume, even considering their usual disregard for spoilers, but it looks so good that I want one anyway.

>Marth isn't the face of the franchise
Every Akaneia game has him front and center, even the one where he's been dead for thousands of years.
FE2/FE15 was just a sidestory fleshing out his universe. FE4 and FE5 are his extended universe as well.

Same. That armor design is absolute fucking kino

GBA era is repped by Roy, who is the actual main character of his game.
Hector is a deuteragonist in his.

>4/7 characters from the last two mainline FE games (not counting 3H since that just came out)
>Roy was similarly a blatant shill pick and is only around because Everyone is Here™ and Meleefags
Marth, Ike and Robin are the only characters who really deserve a spot, and Ike just barely.

Edelgard isn't even my favorite lord in Three Houses but I want her in cause she uses an axe instead of a Sword.

It's a platform fighter.

What's your point?

I'd say if we had to cut Fire Emblem to a minimum it would look like this.
Marth, Ike, Robin.

Levin Sword is actually strong as fuck (uair especially kills really early), it just has the whole durability limit holding it back.

>Sorry, I thought this was self explanatory.
Not at all
A franchise being saved by a gacha game that sold even less than metroid with 6 gorillon games is just a dumpster

There is a better representation if you delete them all

Pretty much. You can make almost half of FE's current characters into Marth skins as well, so you'd pretty much only lose Corrin.

Corrin is kinda of a spear user though

Based as fuck

/thread

Daily reminder you're a faggot and you'll go to hell because that's what fags do

To be fair, Binding Blade was really popular in Japan and they like it way more than its prequel.
Ike is only the most popular FE character among Smash fans.

There will be a 3H DLC character given 3H is going to become the best selling FE game.

There will be a fighter pass 2 once this one is over.
The 1st character of this new pack will be Edelgard.
She will release around April to promote the DLC story coming to 3H by then.

Attached: 1566321912350.png (774x1170, 932K)

Go away

this is an unhealthy obsession, user. but here's your (you), anyways

Let me get you a perfect representation
Marth (first game, first SNES game, DS games)
Anna (series mascot)
Lyn (GBA)
Ike (Gamecube/Wii)
Robin (3DS)
Edelgard (Switch, villain rep)

If we’re talking about weapon niches, Corrin's whole thing is being a dragonstone user, even though they don't have many breath attacks.

Only if she has a flame emperor alt

Sakurai approaches you and tells you that you can choose to put one of Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri or Claude in Smash Ultimate. The catch is that, if you do so, Corrin will be removed from the game.
Do you take his offer, and if so, which of the four do you choose?

Attached: 1520663655033.png (700x394, 250K)

She'll have her student / emperor costumes at best.
Her axe will change to Aymr too but just visually of course.

>game that revolves around fighting
>"IT'S NOT A FIGHTING GAME STOP PLAYING THIS AND STOP LIKING IT"

user, do you find platforms difficult to navigate and hard to maintain stage control?

how is that a catch?

Dimitri in a heartbeat

No. Where's the different weapons? Where's some class representation?

There are a lot of footfags on this website.

no. Marth is a must, I'd axe him in a heartbeat, but he kicked off the series so he stays
Hector is irrelevant
Ike's games nearly killed the series
It should be Marth Robin, Corrin, Byleth. Perfect.
Maybe lucina as a Marth alt

>I know everything about making a smash game
>or any game in general

What if, and hear me out on this one, Edel, Dimitri and Claude as a single character, skins of each other like the Hero, and give them a weapon switching mechanic. I think it would be the best way to represent Three Houses' use any weapon on any class thing

Marth with Lucina as an alt costume with voice
Ike with both young and older designs
Robin male and female
Corrin male and female

Those are who should be kept. If we need a total of eight FE characters then the other four need to be axe users, spear users, Dragoons, Cavalry, healers, ANYTHING that gives more wide-ranging representation of Fire Emblem.

Come on man, Sakurai even admitted only reason Lucina and Dark Pit got into Smash 4 was cause they were low effort.

>Keeping Corrin
No.

It's honestly really tough for me to choose between the three lords, but I went Blue Lions, so I'm leaning towards Dimitri.

Long as none of them use swords

>hurr remove a unique style because he/his game triggers me so hard!
Begone from my sight.

>Removing a unique moveset
You are the reason we have Marth, Long Hair Marth, Red Marth and Google Marth

>half of them are quick swordies
>no SNES rep
>no Anna
>no rider/flyer, full on magic user, archer, or axe user
>Corrin only partly fills the niche of a lance and a beast/dragon-kin archetype

Attached: 1493162209309.png (706x311, 265K)

You cant implement a wyvern rider in smash

>Corrin male and female
Nope nigga. Marth, Robin and the newest lord.

None of Corrin's unique moves are so unique that they couldn't just be reimplemented on other characters.

This, Chrom was not needed. Any other series could have had that echo slot. Hell, Chibi-Robo needed that boost back in 2015, fuck Corrin.

So which other central FE character turns themselves into spike arms, jaw hands, and other dragon body parts?

The functions of the moves are not unique enough to not just go on a different character. Example, ridley could easily have Corrin's back air.

Swords are simple and lend themselves to easy animations.
SNES doesn't need a rep because the games sucked. Echoes is proof of this. The music is enough.
Anna is a meme, as such she is a spirit.
No else rides anything. Only Wario is wacky enough to pull a bike out of his ass to ride.
Why only partly? He transforms for most of his moves. Don't tell me you want actually want to play as a deer dragon.

>Instantly decides it should be another FE character
Also, you're thinking too much about the aesthetics of the moves and not how they function. The appearance of it being a spike arm would be gone, but the pin attack would function on absolutely any character using a spear or other pointed weapon or appendage, and although it wouldn't involve jaw hands the projectile would work on any character with prominent jaws that fires projectiles from their mouth.

>I don't want unique characters
All you had to say.

We get it, for whatever reason Corrin triggers your bitchbaby asses. Suffer.

Wow fucking gay

>you're thinking too much about the aesthetics of the moves
>and although it wouldn't involve jaw hands the projectile would work on any character
So we should remove Samus because Mario already has a fire ball?

Yea he's a unnecessary addition made for shilling a shit game in a mostly shit series.

I would fucking love if Ridley had Corrin's back air. God.

Attached: 1565917990052.png (321x322, 73K)

Fire Emblem reps are inoffensive because 1) they're not nearly as dev resource heavy as you'd think with how much they borrow from each other and 2) getting upset over the roster is retarded, and I don't even fucking like FE (in fact it's one of the few franchises I would say I have genuinely given multiple tries and just isn't for me).

That said the representation is very disjointed. It's essentially got Pokemon syndrome only instead of Gen 1 getting special treatment, it's Awakening.

>Worst Lord of the gameboy era as Rep

What the fuck are you smoking?

We have unique characters. People are trying to remove Robin and Corrin while defending Roy and Ike.

Since when are we talking about Roy?

>not even Fire Emblem fans like
>zoomer's never heard Roy is our boy

Yea he can also go as well, and Lucina. Even Ike can get the fuck out as well.

Don't ever compare the travesty that is Gaiden to SNES games you fucking retard

Attached: leifwhy.jpg (481x249, 22K)

Yeah it'd be sweet but nope, stuck on another shilled fire emblem character

Seething weeb

The circumstances of Samus's inclusion in the game aren't even remotely comparable to Corrin's, but of course you should already know that.

Even considering the echoes/clones, it's not bad. It's a good spread for representing the series, and there's actually huge play variety if you actually give a shit about the gameplay and you're not just a casual that sees every sword character as the same shit and cares nothing about hit boxes and frame data.

The only reasonable problem to have has always been whether or not Fire Emblem has way too many characters, and it might.

>echoes
>SNES
How come smashfags are so retarded and think they should be allowed to make calls?

I've never understood the FE complaints.
>Marth and Roy were added in Melee, one was the first protag in the franchise and also had TWO games, one was an advertisement pick that was super easy to make
>Ike added in Brawl. Once again, main protag of two games and extremely popular and relevant
>Robin and Lucina added in 4, one was an easy clone and one was super unique. Awakening was a killer app on the 3DS
>Corrin as DLC. Dumb pick, not very popular, but at least they had a unique moveset
>Chrom was probably the easiest echo in the series. Reused model, reused moveset, easy echo. Not worth complaining about.
It isn't like they just suddenly added seven FE characters in 4, they just were added gradually.

SAME SHIT
DIFFERENT COLOR

But you argument agaisnt Corring doesn't even touch those circumstances to justify you hateboner.

>echoes is tile for tile remake of gaiden
>not received well
>BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME GAIDEN AND ECHOES ARE DIFFERENT!

you know nothing, smashfag

Ike's games are not popular, we only needed one Awakening rep (Robin), Lucina should have been an alt costume at best, we didn't need Corrin added as DLC, and chrom was unnecessary and again could have been a costume at best, roy shouldn't have gotten added back.

Can say the same thing about half the roster.

>hurr you seethe
I'm not the one shitting myself in rage over a video game character.

Yeah I agree, Smash could really use some fucking pruning at this point.

>no corrin
Kys

Remove all the characters not from Mario and Pokemon. Those are the only relevant franchises.

Ike was recent and from a Gamecube game, just like Olimar and a lot of other Brawl newcomers.
Lucina and Chrom would not make any difference if they were a costume. The only thing it would change is that we would have less playstyles or a smaller character select screen. I don't get complaining about clones.
Roy was brought back due to popular demand, just like Lucas and Mewtwo.
Corrin is debatable, but I agree to an extent.

user, what system is FE2: Gaiden on?

Did they need to? It kind of goes without saying.

>Series was saved by a fucking mary sue avatar that everyone constantly sucks off

There are fates much worse than death.

for those yes, but you assume that for all other characters who have different values and moveset.

>search
>no Thicci
Faggots

You don't even know what system gaiden is on and you want a random SNES rep? kys

Only fire emblem character with any effort is corrin, and I wouldn't be weeping over losing him.

I don't know how anyone with eyes can think Lucina, Roy, and Chrom took that much effort to make.

>ctr + f "black knight
>0 results
Come the fuck on, this guy is the perfect FE vilain rep. It even makes canonical sense for him to be Ike's echo.

Attached: 1554447072502.png (1440x2560, 3.48M)

>ike
>corrin
>robin
>low effort

Hint: If FE1 is on the NES, and FE3 is on the NES, than FE2 is on the...

Nobody said Corrin was low effort.
Ike made sense to add at the time.
Robin made sense to add at the time.

>all 7 of the FE smashers are sword users
>wants another sword user
Fuck off.

user...

>Lucina and Chrom would not make any difference if they were a costume. The only thing it would change is that we would have less playstyles or a smaller character select screen. I don't get complaining about clones.
I don't get how you would say this sentence, the difference is that they would be alt costumes (like the koopalings) and not separate characters. And boo hoo we don't have their easy mode versions of an existing moveset (Marth).

Yeah that was my bad. FE2 is nes though.

I'm of the opinion FE should be Marth + Robin + lord from most recent game. Give the heavy sword style to Ganondorf.

There's no difference between an alt costume and a slightly edited echo fighter. The ONLY difference is in name and character select screen position. Just change your roster to display echo fighters stacked. You're the reason they added that feature.

Ganondorf has never fought with a sword in the way Ike does. He's always used slimmer swords or even dual wielded them. That or he's used magic. This obsession with him hitting hard with the Spaceworld 2000 tech demo sword is purely a Smash creation.

Except the fact that they're completely different characters with different frame data and properties? Something an alt costume like the koopaling and alph don't have.

And in fire emblem, Ike has a good speed growth yet he's the "slow" swordsman.

I don't want Ganondorf to have a sword at all, let him use the damn trident

Why do you want less characters? Having characters that are Marth and Roy without their tipper or hilt effects is literally the easiest possible character to make.

Boot out Chrom for Alm, give Robin an echo in Celica (not tome or levin sword limits, but sword is a single attack power between the two swords robin has, and her spells hurt her lile Pichu).

Cause the next game is already confirmed to not do the whole everyone is here stuff. So it's time to start thinking about who to remove.

Noy h

>Cause the next game is already confirmed to not do the whole everyone is here stuff
Source?

People would complain even if Alm played the exact same as Chrom did and Celica took no effort. People are going to complain despite how little effort these FE characters take.

Heavyweight with an axe and a Final Smash with her dragon mount blasting opponents with fire.

Attached: big sis.gif (640x353, 2.05M)

>Dmitri as the spear rep
why would you do that

Attached: Ephraim.jpg (1200x966, 306K)

famitsu.com/news/201812/17169087.html

nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-super-smash-bros-ultimate-interview/2/

>As for the new fighters – which during the presentation at this year’s E3 you said wouldn’t be “too many” – there are quite a few. (laughs)

>Sakurai: I said that, huh? (laughs) Well if you only include original fighters (that is, excluding Echo Fighters) there really aren’t that many.

>No, no way!

>Sakurai: Everybody relentlessly expects us to release dozens of fighters, though. Of course, I really do think that we did our best. The moment you start talking about everybody being included in the game, the value of each individual character decreases. For example, if you have 60 characters and add just one more to the roster, it doesn’t carry the same weight as if there were fewer. Showing off the whole “everyone is here” concept was such a big nuisance because of that. So, if there’s another game, some of what we’ve made will disappear. (laughs)

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 711K)

That's fine. Gaiden is my favorite despite zoomers and plebs hating it, I would shill those two until the end of time.

Edelgard would work better, is more recent, actually uses armor so would make sense as a heavyweight, and require any censorship.

>The moment you start talking about everybody being included in the game, the value of each individual character decreases.
That's a retarded mindset.

Sakurai is a retard

Eph is a boring shitter

>underrepresentation of other flagship franchises such as LoZ.
Smash Bros is a character driven game, not a franchise driven game. Series with many different characters or where each new installment adds new characters like Pokemon or Fire Emblem are going to have a lot more representation in Smash. Meanwhile series like Zelda or Metroid that stick to the same few characters over and over are going to have less. This isn't a bad thing. I'd have characters from newer games added than reaching into the bottom of the barrel for two Samuses and three Links.

Sonia because why not

Attached: Sonia.png (340x779, 269K)

Except it is true. That's why you have dumbfucks claiming that Ultimate is "just a port" and "has no new content".

I like this idea.
>Neutral Special
Sleep Staff. Hold to charge, then release. The longer the charge, the wider the area of effect centered on Anna.
>Side Special
Rescue Staff. Targets at range, can be charged, with increased charge increasing the range. Teleports an opponent next to Anna and stuns them.
>Up Special
Teleport Staff. Travels a fixed distance in the direction held.
>Down Special
Healing Staff. Hold to charge. Heals a random amount between 5% and 10%, requires a full charge to execute, and has a limited number of uses per stock. Creates a windbox which pushes opponents away from Anna.

The whole echo shit devaluates characters more than anything.

Hot take: if we ever get a lance-wielder, it's most likely going to be Caeda if the Smash team isn't taking Choose Your Heroes into account.

Attached: 015695DD-A244-4338-860F-FC035314ECAE.jpg (820x1259, 410K)

This will never not be a stupid opinion.

It was trying to mitigate retards bitching about "MUH SLOTS".

They're retarded as well. Did people say the same thing about Marvel vs Capcom 2? That game only had THREE new characters, all of them OCs. Meanwhile Ultimate has seventeen new characters.

Why? Do you shit yourself into a frenzy over clone characters in other games?

It took five games for Metroid to get its main villain and second most important character in while FE got six characters in that time.
Zelda has a lot of characters that fans love and made big impressions like Midna, Skull Kid, Impa, and a few others.
>but they were just in one game
So were most of the FE characters.

>Did people say the same thing about Marvel vs Capcom 2?
Yeah kinda, MvC2 also just had a shit ton more characters than MvC1 so if you didn't play all the other marvel / x-men games at the time you probably didn't even notice that most the roster is reused.

>wanting more clones
Kys

Dont mention zelda please
>Link has a shit ton of potential stuff from all his games
>All Links are identical

>Series with many different characters or where each new installment adds new characters like Pokemon or Fire Emblem are going to have a lot more representation in Smash
>Xenoblade has only one rep
>Pikmin has only one rep

This is a pretty good point. I guess you could make the argument that the FE lords are all the "main" characters of their games, while those Zelda characters are the villains or sidekicks, but Pokemon has no main characters so that kind of shoots down the argument. I guess the real solution is have a rotating roster spots for Fire Emblem so you always get Marth, Ike, and the lord from the most recent game.

The problem with Fire Emblem in Smash is that Smash prioritizes the main characters, which makes it difficult to get across that the FE series has a variety of colorful and fascinating characters since the heroes tend to come from the same mold of earnest, squeaky clean do-gooders looking to stop whichever warmongering dictator has stirred up trouble on their continent.

Attached: 1FFCD232-3BBA-48E5-BD03-8704FEF93F4B.png (203x254, 96K)

Green hair marth

Yep. Two from old FE, two from new. That's more than enough.
STOP BULLYING CORRIN YOU FUCKS.

Attached: 1558998242892.png (1748x2000, 1.05M)

>1 rep from FE1, awful game but understandable since he's the poster boy
>1 rep from FE6, okay
>1 rep from PoR, okay
>3 reps from Awakening, meh game with way too much representation
>1 rep from Fates, meh game but only 1 rep, whatever
>0 reps from BB, SS, Thracia or Genealogy, a group of games most fans would say their favorite FE is amomg
The amount of FE reps in Smash isn't as much of a problem as the lopsided representation from mediocre games in the series, especially since the majority are sword users with slight variation. With SS representation we could have a spear user in Ephraim, or an axe user in Hector from BB.
Corrin and Robin are fine because as much as I dislike their games they have pretty unique movesets. Chrom and Lucina have no excuse.

How badly would Thracia beat my ass if I decided to start it right now

I haven't read the thread but I already know the pro FE sides arguments

>you cant criticize marth, like, robin and corrin because they're not clones, so it was worth the development time
>you cant criticize roy, Lucina,, or charm because they're clones, so they didnt take up that much dev time.

If they didn't want me to bully Corrin, why did they make her so stupid

Forgot:

>yeah there are a lot of characters but they haven't picked MY favorite so I'm entitled to more
>it has a lot of protagonists so its entitled to a lot of characters despite that being inconsistent with the rest of smash, btw please add edelguard over byleth.

Awakening gets special treatment because Lucina was just a slightly shorter Marth without a tipper and fans in Japan were disappointed Chrom didn't get in.

It's not that bad if you've played any of the GBA games already, especially 6. I do think it's the hardest in the series but people online tend to blow it out of proportion. Definitely give it a try.

I can absolute critize Roy, Lucina and Chrome because they could be just costumes for Marth.

Infact, I think is a pretty strong case since you have alternate costumes than are literally that like Alph or the Hero

That's retarded
Roy's fine, different enough from Marth and he's a fan favorite from melee.
I don't care if Lucina or Chrom leave but they're both echoes so very little work went into them anyways, if I had to cut one, I'd cut Chrom, no one really gave a shit about him. Robin is based; he's popular, has very different and unique playstyle from the other FE characters, and he's the MC from the game that saved the series.
If anything I'd get rid of Corrin for Byleth, but why? 3H was popular enough to get one rep, which is fine.

Yet it’s more popular than any fighting game

>Alph would've made more sense than both Lucina and Dark Pit as a slow-effort clone because he could actually have a couple of meaningful differences from Olimar
>Still a skin even after echoes got introduced
They did him so dirty

Oh, and they already had Chrom modeled for Robin's Final Smash...which they didn't change.

I really wish they'd redone the Final Smash with Morgan.

You know what?
One thing that annoys me the most is that they didnt at least give unique Final Smash to echoes even if they made sense at least to spice them a little.

I'm genuinely curious how many people actually care about Roy and who are our boy memelords and bandwagoners.
Nintendo probably has decent data on it given that they sold him for DLC in 4. I wouldn't be shocked if fan demand and actual sales weren't exactly close to each other and he ends up cut again.

Attached: 1520278048072.jpg (720x631, 81K)

If I did FE reps it'd be Marth, Hardin, Corrin focusing more on dragon aspects instead of sword, and Robin. Probably a bit FE1 heavy but it gives a lot of the classes more reps

I'm a dedicated GBAfag and Roy is my only rep so I genuinely like him despite being a clone. I wouldn't mind him being made into a Marth echo but I would be very sad if he was removed entirely.

I mean, they gave Chrom a unique Final Smash, even if it just amounted to a few flips before a big slash like in his original game. Still, it is pretty annoying that Lucina's HP meter doesn't even match the style of Awakening.

I wonder if there would have been as big of a push to localize Fire Emblem if Melee had included Leif instead of Roy, or even hadn't included a clone of Marth in the first place.

>it's most likely going to be Caeda
(lol

Attached: 1512069846166.png (924x1129, 397K)

It'll be Azura.

Based, her final smash is seducing the opponent into joining the Hero King's army

Attached: 1548911244358m.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

If you're going to have Edelgard, you shouldn't have Hector since they're both heavy axe users.
If you wanted FE7 representation, then Lyn with a samurai sword and a bow would be better.

Even sakurai knows that alph is shit. Louie would be the better echo.

Smash FE is unfortunate in the state it has, but at this point I don't think it can be fixed.