How do you beat this fucker

How do you beat this fucker
>Inb4 git gud

Attached: Nioh-Onryoki.jpg (760x428, 69K)

dodge his attacks and hurt him till he dies

flux into double flux

You buy a better game.

Block his chain swings. He'll probably break your stamina but he doesn't have enough time to punish you afterwards.

Sprint or dodge twice when he throws his balls.

you can guard some of his attacks. but you need to dodge when he throws shit at you. you can circle around behind him but he will do an AOE attack that will fuck you up. best bet is to actually just stay in front of him and dodge his downward attacks to the side.

you can knock his horns off like all other oni and fuck his stamina

stay in low stance and doge the ball

Get one or two attacks in then back off right away. When he picks up a boulder don't stand close to him because he'll fucking bowling ball that shit into your face. Let him throw it from a range so he has to walk over and grab it

>Block

Attached: 1550786500438.jpg (549x556, 24K)

I dropped this game once I realised how heavily it relies on RNG loot drops.
If I wanted to play Diablo I'd play Diablo, this mechanic doesn't really work well in a 3rd person action game.

git gud scrub

>you can knock his horns off like all other oni
What

If you have an attack that can hit high enough, you can break yokai horns. It depletes all of their stamina and they drop to the ground for a few seconds. Most yokai enemies have a weak spot like that, but some are more dangerous. Like the lightning tiger, when he gets back up a lightning bolt hits his body, its usually a one shot if it or the shockwave hits you, so you can't get greedy with him.

He hits hard but he's slow. Just continually circle him and wait for his overhead swing, then rush in and hit him a few times. If you are at his back he will always do a spin attack with his chains so back off after a few attacks then punish him again. In the second phase he breaks his chains and throws the balls, they are a one shot but not hard to dodge if you keep moving while he goes through the throwing animation (his tracking is bad, so just keep side stepping until the ball leaves his hand). Bait and punish like before, he is basically the taurus demon of nioh, tons of power but medium speed, he is there to get you used to fighting large enemies.

dodge the attacks and try to go around his side but be vigilant for the 360 ball attack and the other sweeping punch. Once you damaged him enough his chains will break and he'll fall, attack his horns but don't over do it because once he regains his strength he will do a powerful sweeping punch as he stands up. from there it's easy, just hug his back and once he's pretty low activate LW and go ham.

>he is basically the taurus demon
Fucking shit it took me too long to beat the taurus

literally not even git gud just use your weapon art when he got half of his health bar left. i dont understand wgy thy made arts so op you are literally immortal when using it.

>when he got half of his health bar left.
Yeah, but you need to get him there first.

I think the main reason people have trouble with Nioh is that in most Souls-style games you either block nearly everything or you dodge nearly everything. Nioh expects you to do both. You don't have enough stamina to block his big attacks, and dodging his fast sweeping attacks is possible, but difficult. Adaptability and versatility is important.

Ki Pulse you dumb motherfucker. It's fucking mandatory in the game so start fucking using it.

is it me or does this game look like dogshit on the PS4 Pro performance mode? didn't they release an optimisation patch that made it look better? the entire screen is jaggies and the resolution is obviously sub-1080p. I want to play it and platinum it on my PS4 after 100%ing it on PC but it looks like garbage. Cinematic mode has implied 30 fps but its the worst 30fps I've ever seen and looks very jarring/stuttery. Should I just replay it on PC?

Attached: aiportraits_1563547495.jpg (1024x512, 62K)

>It's fucking mandatory in the game so start fucking using it.
It's hard to time it during a fucking hard fight.

you learn to dodge his shit
>still at some bridge because game is so shit i drop it every few minutes of playtime

That and only a few moves give you i-frames, and there are no i-frames on rolls. If you dodge, you need to doge the attack, can't dodge through it. And shit like if you get hit you can't dodge out of a combo, you need to block one attack first then you can dodge. When I stopped trying to play it like dark souls and started to learn to play it like nioh then things got much better.

I can appreciate that since it took me several tries to beat this guy, but Ki Pulse is as basic as using a combo in this game. It is an essential skill that you must pick up or this game is gonna shit on you.

This is the time to learn. You'll get stamina back on the ki pulse and for later bosses you'll need that stamina to be able to fight them effectively or risk running out of stamina and having the boss one shot you with a finisher (looking at you Nobunaga).

>Ki Pulse is as basic as using a combo in this game
Combos are hard too

Better get used to them, with some weapons they are mandatory. Tonfa ki pulses into and out of techniques is what makes them so strong against human enemies, and odachi ki pulsing to switch stances makes it easier to use by letting you be able to switch from your low stance for dodging into mid/high stance for attacking in a fluid motion.