DMC

I loved DMC5, but if this is Itsuno's last DMC and a new director takes over the franchise, I am honestly fine with that.

I think he is a great director, but something has always bothered me about his DMC; and I think it's his idea of what stylish is. Itsuno's Devil May Cry is way more punkish and contemporary in tone than Kamiya's DMC. People will say that this is something Itsuno took from Ninja Theory's DmC, but it is something that has existed as far back as DMC3 and 4 in my opinion, it just got more prevalent. Characters such as DMC3 Dante and Nero are just way more brash and have a more street-wise style to them. You can also see this in stuff like the soundtrack and his choice of weaponry such as robot arms, motorcycle sword, electric demon guitar; there is just way more "'tude" going on. Nico in DMC5 basically being the ultimate example of what I would consider the typical Itsuno character.

By comparison DMC1 feels way more romanticized and suave, not just in stuff like the demonic castle setting but just how Dante dresses and acts. These elements are still present in the sequels but they feel more like something that is done out of series tradition and not because Itsuno actually likes these things. I think if you look at Rival Schools you get a much better idea of what kind of style Itsuno prefers.

Attached: 3499317-dmc5-box.jpg (960x960, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/games/2019/jun/05/devil-may-cry-hideaki-itsuno-interview-action-games
youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo
youtube.com/watch?v=lxhhqw2W4DU
youtu.be/FDOGUHmdzNY
youtube.com/watch?v=0-bFokBgKn4
youtube.com/watch?v=_4CasnO4TIQ
youtu.be/uUs-Yq8qK8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

since this is a dmc thread, i got to urizen in mission 10 without taking a hit on h&h and i killed him before it could kick me into the cutscene. i'm stuck in his boss room with his empty chair and i can't even sit on it. is there any way to force the cutscene? i don't want to do this mission again.

I hope they don't go further with the futuristic elements. I feel giving Nero a bionic arm was already sort of pushing it, I don't need something like robots in DMC.

sounds like a bug, you are not supposed to be able to kill Urizen in mission 10, the cutscene triggers even if you dont die.

i've been able to break the crystal and damage him a little before but it always went to the cutscene after a certain amount of time so i thought it was time based. i honestly didn't expect the game to let me kill him. i really don't want to have to do 10 again.

Attached: 20190820123129_1.jpg (1200x675, 216K)

I don't think you have a choice sadly

I like Itsuno's style better. It makes you feel like a badass. In DMC4 and specially 5 Dante is a legend you as a player have to live up to by being able to play to the character's max potential. Nero is more of a brat and has more "power up" mechanics like exceed, charge shot, and breaker which let you go all out at any time and just ram into enemies.

DMC1 Dante is... I dunno. I don't see what's so much "cooler" about him.

Where's Vergil DLC you fucking haaaaaaacks

The Vergil DLC is cancelled. Now it's going to be a Vergil game.

>DMC1 Dante is... I dunno. I don't see what's so much "cooler" about him.

Kamiya's Dante: Old school badass. He might crack one-liners and be cheesy but hes not supposed to be played for laughs. An example would be somebody like Indiana Jones.

Itsuno's Dante: "post-modern" self-aware badass, way more tongue in cheek. Characters like Deadpool fall under this catagory.

In 2 years with the special edition

TGS :^)

Since it's partly Itsuno related, who's fucking pumped about Dragon's Dogma 2?

>RE Engine
>Running on hardware that isn't a piece of shit
>Looks amazing
>Improved upon all the flaws of the original
>Even more in-depth character customization
>Waifus and husbandos

>RE Engine
Not a chance. that engine is made for linear games. Even for DMC they had to make so much shit from scratch according to Itsuno because the engine was optimised for RE only.
Not to mention scanning a fuck ton of characters that a open world rpg would need as compared to the 5-6 characters of RE and DMC would kill their fucking budget

>Not a chance. that engine is made for linear games.

RE engine is way better for big open games than MT framework ever was. Nothing in DMC4 can rival the size and scope of mission 6 in DMC5.

Attached: amVDc4qy.png (600x338, 266K)

>Nothing in DMC4 can rival the size and scope of mission 6 in DMC5
That's more because that DMC4 was developed at the start of the previous generation and was one of the first MT frameworks game.
Fucking Dragon's Dogma runs on MT frameworks dude. Literally the open world game. They just need to use whatever version is being used for MHW and they are set. It'll even make development time quicker.

that's a big chair

MHW runs like shit on current gen consoles and DD ran even worse on last-gen.

Why would they use MT framework when Capcom has literally said they have multiple unannounced RE engine titles in development and it will be their main engine going forward?

>"post-modern" self-aware badass
I don't think that's always the case. Itsuno's Dante has plenty of moments when he's just cool. All weapon introduction cutscenes save for Lucifer and Faust are a good example of this.

nothing in dmc4 can rival the tedium of mission 6 in dmc5 either

>vergil gets so pissy if you beat him when he doesn't want to lose that he breaks your game
lol, i did have to restart but it played the cutscene as soon as i broke his crystal this time

>I don't think that's always the case. Itsuno's Dante has plenty of moments when he's just cool. All weapon introduction cutscenes save for Lucifer and Faust are a good example of this.

Almost every scene where he acts cool in DMC3 is undercut with a joke at the end. Such as when he sneezes and his office falls apart or when he gets eaten by Leviathan.

>but if this is Itsuno's last DMC
WHY. DOES. EVERYONE. THINK. THIS. In more than one interview he's said he's only taking a break and returning for DMC6 yet you dumb fuckers keep saying 5 was his last game. It's honestly getting as annoying as people writing DmC5.

The whole point of those scenes is that Dante in DMC3 is anything but "self-aware".

He also doesn't do that in 4 and 5.

lmao

Attached: m4.png (1150x646, 1.24M)

>WHY. DOES. EVERYONE. THINK. THIS. In more than one interview he's said he's only taking a break and returning for DMC6

Link one.

>he wants to wait 8 years for DMC6

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

>Capcom has literally said they have multiple unannounced RE engine titles in development
Yes, RE8, RE3 remake, Dino Crisis, onimusha.
They didn't say every fucking game will use RE engine from hereon

Because Itsuno and the DMC team are not working on the same projects anymore, he even tweeted about it, the DMC team is probably working on DMC6 while Itsuno is working on DD2, or whatever his next project is

>Fucking Dragon's Dogma runs on MT frameworks dude
And when it came out on PS3 and 360 it ran like hot fucking garbage. DMC5 proved that RE Engine can be customised to other projects, they're going to run with it from hereon.

theguardian.com/games/2019/jun/05/devil-may-cry-hideaki-itsuno-interview-action-games

I kinda want to see dmc 5 like bosses in DD2
Climbing on Goliath and Gilgamesh or fighting Cav on the horse

I don't think Itsuno is leaving DMC just yet, he seems to have grown attached to it, but that's probably just me.
If he is leaving, then I hope the next Director will take some horror elements of DMC1 but keep the silliness that's present in Itsuno's DMC. And hopefully he understands the themes and gameplay elements a DMC game needs to have.
I would also love a DMC1 Remake by Kamiya, since he says that he'll love to make one. The future of the series is up in the air now, and I'd like to see what some fresh creative eyes could bring to it (no I don't want to count NT's take on the series).
As for you OP, most of what you said I'd say is true minus the weapons part, Kamiya absolutely loves the strange nonsensical weapons, even Bayonetta has that stuff. And I'm pretty sure Dante grew up in the streets in Kamiya's canon, you know with the whole Tony Redgrave arc of his life.

Attached: true self.jpg (1041x2050, 299K)

Why wouldn't they? MT Framework is old and outdated. It was completely superseded by the RE Engine.

>King Cerberus' theme wasn't a remix of Suffer
Explain yourself, Itsuno.

Attached: 1565386400256.png (384x319, 113K)

RE engine isn't going to be used for DD2, as the other user said, scanning people would make the cost skyrocket

>he didn't enjoy slav doggo
t.kot

Part of Itsuno's "new" team is a chunk of the DMC team, mister genius. How can they both work on his next project (probably DD2) while still making DMC5:SE or even 6?

Attached: EAZgQNKUcAECLlI.jpg (1152x2048, 262K)

The cost of scanning in REmake2 and DMC5 came from who they chose to scan (actual models) not the scanning itself, and even then you can use REengine to make models from scratch instead of scanning if you need to (which they did for demons and shit). People really overthink the scanning issue. Most of the zombies in RE2 were just dudes from around the office and it cost them nothing.

Attached: tfw can't shoot straight because the zombie keeps shouting DMC is back.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

Nowhere near as good as the pleb filter theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo

Attached: Cerberus.jpg (547x600, 30K)

>theguardian.com/games/2019/jun/05/devil-may-cry-hideaki-itsuno-interview-action-games

Nothing in that interview says anything about him coming back for more DMC, just this

"Itsuno, too, would like to rest; when asked where Devil May Cry is headed next, now that it’s back in favour, he laughs and sighs theatrically. “A vacation, I think,” he says, after a moment’s thought. “We’ve worked really hard, and we all need a little break.”

Some individuals yes, but majority of the DMC team did not follow to the new project, so you have two teams doing different things, the one that didn't follow Itsuno is probably working on 6, while the other is working in the new project

>Part of Itsuno's "new" team is a chunk of the DMC team, mister genius. How can they both work on his next project (probably DD2) while still making DMC5:SE or even 6?

Capcom reshuffles employees all the time. DMC5 had RE7 devs who jumped over and helped out after that shipped.

>RE engine isn't going to be used for DD2, as the other user said, scanning people would make the cost skyrocket

Scanning is literally cheaper than making stuff by hand. See "One thing that really appealed to the team was the graphical quality that modern game technology could deliver: Devil May Cry 5 attracted much praise for its character animation especially. “You would figure that things had gotten more expensive – and in terms of the volume of [assets] that we have to make, sure,” says Itsuno. “But compared to back in the 00s, we have technology that lets us put out even better quality, but cheaper.”

He offers the example of the character’s astoundingly realistic-looking costumes. “Back in the day,” he explains, “you’d have to create the model, create the textures, do it all by hand, which is a lot of money and a lot of work for a lot of people.” Now, instead, they literally create the costumes in real life and scan them into the game – still expensive, but not to the same extent.

“It’s not a matter of imagining whether something you design will look realistic or not: the real object is there in the game,” Walker says. “With facial rigs, too, for performance capture, you end up getting a result that would never have been possible before, for even less work.”

So when you take a vacation you pal on never returning home?

No, he's right. I can think of more examples of Dante being a self aware goof than not. The implication of self aware doesn't just extend to the character, it extends to the player and the game makers.

Let's say for example that a character just killed a room full of bad guys with a slinky very skilfully and he finishes off with a cool pose but as he takes his first step he slips on a banana peel. Just because HE didn't see it it doesn't mean that the scene isn't self aware or that he isn't a self aware character, as long as someone IS that is what defines the character as such.

>So when you take a vacation you pal on never returning home?

He works for Capcom, not DMC specifically.

>the one that didn't follow Itsuno is probably working on 6
They're not making DMC6 without a director on board or one that isn't supervised by Itsuno. You're being delusional here user. DMC is taking a short break is what I'm seeing, probably after 5 years. Unless Capcom thinks they can trust some new director to take over, I'm not seeing it.
>Capcom reshuffles employees all the time. DMC5 had RE7 devs who jumped over and helped out after that shipped
That's because they were using the RE engine, user. They need the people who are familiar with the engine to help them make the game.

That's not how it works. Capcom is made of different development studios; Dev1 focuses on their big international titles, Dev2 on fighting games, Dev3 on MonHun and Japan focused titles (though I think they split recently, so a whole division can focus on MonHun), one division focuses on the Asian MMO market, and so on. DMC5 was developed in Dev1 by a team of people Itsuno picked but also who were just available at the time. The two producers, Okabe and Matto-san, both previously worked on Resident Evil and had no prior involvement in DMC before 5. The lead boss designer, Yoshida, came from Dev3 and had worked on Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara before DMC5. The only real DMC team is Itsuno himself, Bingo as his writer, and Ikeda as his lead game designer. Everybody else moves from project to project as they're told.

>hes not supposed to be played for laughs.
Devil May Cry’s a rockin’! Don’t come a knockin’! Baby, yeah!

Youre actually fucking retarded. Scenes of dante attempting to be cool in DMC3 are "undercut" by moments of him failing at it because its supposed to be a prequel and when he was still a stupid kid instead of the DMC1 Dante

>Running on hardware that isn't a piece of shit
Neither the x360 was a piece of shit back in the day cunt

Dragon's Dogma was so ahead of its time that the console versions of the game had to have ratio reducing black bars so the framerate didn't tank into single digit numbers. It still struggled and averaged a 15-20 framerate.

Why would it be when none of the other boss themes are remixes? At least it got a callback.

>none of the other boss themes are remixes
Psycho Siren, Mental Machine, Flock Off!

There are in fact a few remixes, and also Suffer is one of the greatest pieces of music from the franchise. Easily in the top five.

Ok. I have opinions on this:
I played Dragon's Dogma, so, yeah, I like his work, so I agree that the guy is good at his job, not just in the franchise.

>but something has always bothered me about his DMC; and I think it's his idea of what stylish is.
It's not just him, though. He isn't the only one who's build this this franchise to be what it is. Bingo Morihashi has had just as much to do with turning the series into what it is as Itsuno has. Itsuno wasn't involved in the anime but Bingo was and he turned Dante into a bum. I know they were going for the Cowboy Bebop cool but they ended up missing the elements that made Spike cool and just kept the superficial stuff.

>Itsuno's Devil May Cry is way more punkish and contemporary in tone than Kamiya's DMC.
Yeah, I can see that, but the word stylish, I don't see Itsuno's games as stylish. 1, yeah, stylish is a good word for it, but not 3 and on. 3 would be punk or rock, 4 reminds me more of Sengoku Basara than DMC, DmC definitely has nothing Stylish about it, IT goes for a totally different kind of 'cool.'

>You can also see this in stuff like the soundtrack and his choice of weaponry such as robot arms, motorcycle sword, electric demon guitar; there is just way more "'tude" going on.
Yeah, at some point you have to admit that the series really has gone off to be something completely off the foundation that the original laid out. There is no way you'd see a robot arm in the original DMC.

>These elements are still present in the sequels but they feel more like something that is done out of series tradition and not because Itsuno actually likes these things.
Not as arguably so as you might think. DMC4 only had Dante in it because the producer Kobayashi warned that the fans would be pissed otherwise. He wanted to focus entirely on a new character, one he could start off with from the start to make the series his own. It's why he made Dante younger in 1, to have a clear(er) slate.

Attached: 3b3e92676aa05fbc72510f7a170e6469.jpg (1080x1920, 199K)

>The implication of self aware doesn't just extend to the character
But what the original guy argued does refer to the character:
>Characters like Deadpool fall under this catagory.

Dante is never self-aware in that manner. He doesn't break the fourth wall or do things ironically. What he does might be undercut by him being in debt, but there are characters like Nico and Nero who admire and look up to him and Morrison and Trish take his job seriously. Dante being undercut isn't self-awareness, it's just plain comedy. At the end of the day Dante is still a huge badass and no one contests it.

That guy was talking about Indiana Jones, but even in that franchise there are these types of comedic moments, like with Indy being scared of snakes.

Attached: 1553576091414.jpg (1280x1280, 394K)

>Dragon's Dogma was so ahead of its time
Is this supposed to be some type of a fucking joke? There is NOTHING impressive about console kiddos first rpg: mmo quest dogma. Its a technical embarrassment and its audience is basically the console kiddos who were too contrarian to like skyrim but too retarded to play any actual real RPG or action game

Okay, I forgot about those.

>DMC5 isn't stylish because it has robot arms
Is this peak DMCwunner?

At least they included the beginning of it which was the best part

Dragon's Dogma was optimised to hell and back. Not the dev team's fault that they were working with a fucking toaster that couldn't handle decent fur textures.

Its the dev teams fault that the game is vapid bargain bin shit that should have never released in the first place, its graphics are also retardedly ugly even for a game of its gen so I have no clue what the fuck are you frothing at the mouth over, even something like Skyrim which was an open world game too looks far better on the same consoles

>Skyrim looks better
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As somebody who knows every inch of Skyrim's model and texture folders, no it doesn't. Skyrim is visual diarrhoea.

You know that someone doesn't want to hear it when they start throwing insults to prove their point. Might as well scream lalala I can't hear you.

Dante wasn't attempting to be cool, that was their way of him being cool. My example was an exaggeration to illustrate a point not a direct correlation of something that WOULD happen in DMC3. Dante doesn't fumble at any point, he just has a sort of punchline added to his cool scenes. Him clanking A&R together after showing off isn't fumbling but it is more self aware than something that would happen in DMC1.

>But what the original guy argued does refer to the character:
That's why I said that it doesn't JUST apply to the character.

>That guy was talking about Indiana Jones, but even in that franchise there are these types of comedic moments, like with Indy being scared of snakes.
Blade, then, since he definitely WAS an inspiration for the original game.

Based as fuck
Why do all the capcuks overrate dd so much

I'm a big fan of Itsuno's work, and that's exactly why I'm glad he's going to pass DMC on to somebody else (probably Okabe). Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is probably my favorite game of his, with only DMC5 being close, and he's worked on several great fighting games (Alpha 2, Rival Schools/Project Justice, Power Stone series, CvS2). Dragon's Dogma 2 and another fighting game would be the perfect way for him to bow out of being a full-time director, since by the he gets to make those he'll probably be pretty close to retirement.

Attached: 1548651440316.png (587x621, 373K)

>By comparison DMC1 feels way more romanticized and suave
you're not considering the zeitgeist, user. kamiya's dante was every bit as "cool scoundrel with an attitude" as itsuno's. but the 2000s were a different time with a different concept of cool, pic related

Attached: Carrie-Anne-Moss-Keanu-Reeves-Lawrence-Fishburne.jpg (1086x652, 92K)

>That's why I said that it doesn't JUST apply to the character.
And that's why I put all those other points on my post.

Dante isn't a post-modern character. He isn't not cool because that's what's really cool. He's either lame or cool in a straightforward manner.

>actual real RPG
>Skyrim example
Ahahhahahhahah

Is it just me or are the levels in DMC5 just in general fucking terrible and ugly? And same goes for most bosses.

I love the characters and their gameplay but the rest is... meh.

Goes back farther than that.

Attached: 392863.jpg (400x300, 21K)

The problem with the level design is that it isn't cohesive. DMC1 and 3 are still peak level structure.

Am I the only one who likes this fight and can do it really quickly, even on DMD?

Just stay on his back as long as possible. I get into a routine of comboing on his back, jumping off to avoid attacks, shooting to stay in the air, then continuing the combo. He dies really fast and you can easily maintain SSS rank.

Ugly is subjective but terrible? uh, i have my favorites but they all follow the same structure instead of something like 1/3/4(deleted 2 from my mind)
I'd say the perfect balance is having 1 map like the Temen-ni-gru that connects to other places while you do puzzles, combat and see that 1 map change.

How illiterate are you exactly?

Itsunos DMC always sort of struck me as a parody of Kamiyas DMC.

Kamiya is a total manchild and I dont believe for a second that he ever intended Dante to be "ironically cool". Itsunos DMC however feels full of self-aware gags where they clearly play off the insane coolness as a joke. The Faust Hat scene being the most obvious example. Like Itsuno has even straight up described DMC as "chuuni" which is something I dont think Kamiya would ever say about his DMC.

>Yeah, I can see that, but the word stylish, I don't see Itsuno's games as stylish. 1, yeah, stylish is a good word for it, but not 3 and on. 3 would be punk or rock, 4 reminds me more of Sengoku Basara than DMC, DmC definitely has nothing Stylish about it, IT goes for a totally different kind of 'cool.'
What? Is Rock not something stylish? What IS stylish anyways?
>google stylish
>see shit like pic related
Explain to me what makes something look and feel stylish.
>Yeah, at some point you have to admit that the series really has gone off to be something completely off the foundation that the original laid out. There is no way you'd see a robot arm in the original DMC.
Yeah, instead you get shit like a laser alien gun.

Attached: zayn-stylish-men-in-pop-billboard-1548.jpg (900x1350, 179K)

Unlike you, I play dd instead of your westerner trash, i'm not an illiterate

Alright.

Self awareness doesn't mean that you are aware that you are a comic book character who turns to the audience and says 'get a load of this guy.' I should say that it doesn't just mean that. It can also be to be aware that the character thinks highly of themselves so you add elements to bring him or the situation down to earth. Doesn't have to be tongue in cheek, 4th wall breaking or even funny, it just has to have a certain degree of acknowledgement or irony to the situation. Deflating the situation doesn't mean mocking it, not necessarily and not exclusively.

>i'm not an illiterate
yes you are, what a fucking actual mouthbreather

>Unlike you, I play dd instead of your westerner trash,
dragons dogma is literally babbys firs buttonmasher that desperately wants to be bethesdashit or an mmo

>too contrarian to like skyrim
Skyrim is actually shit though. And no I'm not a fan of DD it's an average game imo

It works best that way. Vergil would never have worked in Kamiya's DMC, only as Nelo and to be thrown away.

Attached: 1558419059980.jpg (389x398, 41K)

>Skyrim is actually shit though.
And? Its on the exact same level that dragons dogma is, both are epic console shit for kids but one of them is popular and one of them is liked by the contrarian autists who like skyrim but cant like it since its popular so they flock to itsunos asset flip buttonmasher

Maybe if the dmc reboot didn't happen DD would have been more "complete" but who knows. Itsuno could be making another fantasy game right now.

i like this game a lot. Not as much as 3 but its probably somewhere in my top 16, maybe even top 10

>What? Is Rock not something stylish? What IS stylish anyways?
Having a style and being stylish aren't the same thing. Stylish isn't something you can explain easily by just googling just like how the dictionary definition of irony just doesn't cover it. You know it when you see it. Look at pic and tell me if this pose says 'stylish' to you.

Also, I googled stylish, too, to see what you came up with, and, out of all of those, did you really pick the most ironic image to drive your point?

>Yeah, instead you get shit like a laser alien gun.
You mean that one that looks exactly like one of the bosses?

Attached: DMC4 D.jpg (1804x2750, 296K)

Is capcom leaving all their big announcements for tgs? They haven't announced anything at all for gamescom.

Actually, the Matrix wasn't as influential to DMC as people think. Rather, Blade was.

>And? Its on the exact same level that dragons dogma is, both are epic console shit for kids
Skyrim isn't for console, there is a reason why skyrim is best played with mods.
>but one of them is popular and one of them is liked by the contrarian autists who like skyrim but cant like it since its popular so they flock to itsunos asset flip buttonmasher
Why would anyone pretend to hate something? And why would an action RPG be considered a "buttonmasher"?

The way I see it they've just released two big mainstream games earlier this year, they're working on SF5 as their fighting game and Monster Hunter, which is their biggest cashcow right now.

Most project they have going on right now are probably fairly early in development and they don't want to show it yet

They've made a general statement that the rest of their 2019 is going to be quiet; very few announcements and certainly no big releases. Iceborne will probably carry them through the remainder of the year anyway, and Teppen is slowly gaining steam.

We'll maybe get a confirmation on what the Mega Man 11 team is making now or a teaser at what next RE Engine game is before the end of the year, but that's it.

>Yeah, I can see that, but the word stylish, I don't see Itsuno's games as stylish
Stylish when referring to DMC has always been specifically about combat, this includes DMC1. Launching a scarecrow into the air and juggling it with bullets is stylish, that was the entire spark which set the DMC series in motion. This is why the style meter ties directly into combat and why Capcom refers to them as stylish action games.

Someone mentioned that he would have brought Vergil back if he still continued to work on dmc, dunno how true that would be though.

gamescom is only important to eurotrash companies. Capcom wouldn't waste their time announcing anything big there

>Stylish isn't something you can explain easily by just googling just like how the dictionary definition of irony just doesn't cover it.
The definition of irony is made pretty clear to me, so I don't get you point, a word must have some sort of clear meaning. Is stylish the same as cool?
>Look at pic and tell me if this pose says 'stylish' to you.
I guess not, what's your point?
>Also, I googled stylish, too, to see what you came up with, and, out of all of those, did you really pick the most ironic image to drive your point?
I just picked the first dude I saw, here's another.
>You mean that one that looks exactly like one of the bosses?
Yeah, looks like a futuristic bio-wepaon. Something that could fit with a weapon like Artemis in 3 and in return that fits with the robot arms

Attached: -men-s-street-style-outfits-for-cool-guys-style-E85adda811dee7d1dfe71e73e06cc7882.jpg (1366x1366, 248K)

>Look at pic and tell me if this pose says 'stylish' to you.
Not him, but I don't see why not, DMC4 Dante is the most flamboyant version of the character. He might not be suave but he's definitely stylish. Lucifer is the definition of style.

It's not that no version of Dante after Kamiya's is stylish, it's just that none of them 1-to-1 DMC1 Dante. But they're all different and have their own thing going on.

Attached: 1541566809981.gif (299x200, 2.91M)

Just because it's not interconnected doesn't mean they're terrible, I'd say most of them are pretty good

Is V stylish?

Attached: 1550179589344.webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

Think they tried going very serious with Dante's DMC2 self and have kind of just overcompensated ever since.
I mean sometimes I hear people bitch about Dante wasting time and not really showing how much he worries about the casualties of a situation.
That taken to it's extreme winds up with DMC2 Dante who might give a quip at most every once in a while.

People liked DMC3 Dante so they followed that route after bouncing back.

>but hes not supposed to be played for laughs.
Except Kamiya portrayed him like that in VJ.

>The definition of irony is made pretty clear to me
Grand. Would you mind sharing your definition. I have a hard time explaining it.

>I guess not, what's your point?
That you know stylish when you see it. It's hard to define but it's definitely there. In this case I made the argument that I don't see DMC3 and on as particularly stylish, that that would not be word I'd use to describe it. It's not easy to explain but it is there.

>I just picked the first dude I saw, here's another.
Then I am not getting the same results as you.

>Yeah, looks like a futuristic bio-weapon.
Well, then the boss should too, then, since they designed the boss and then bassed the weapon off of it.

>why Capcom refers to them as stylish action games.
Sort of... Actually, back then it was the trend to make up entire genres to explain your game. Mikami, Kamiya and the lot still do that from time to time. It's where terms like Survival Horror, Climax Action and the lot came from. If you look it up Mikami called Dino Crisis an entirely different genre of horror than RE. I think he called it Panic Horror.

V is goth cool
Nero is punk cool
Dante is stylish cool
Vergil is weeb cool
Trish is like a rocker chick
Lady is a tough tomboy
All the characters are different in their own way

Attached: EAR6tkJUIAAqzIU.jpg (1748x1240, 412K)

>I mean sometimes I hear people bitch about Dante wasting time and not really showing how much he worries about the casualties of a situation.
Has Dante ever been in a situation where there are civilians around him that could get hurt in the games, besides the openings to 4 & 5? The city seems pretty empty in 3 at least on his side of town (and if people died from the Temen-Ni-Gru it wasn't his fault and he was more brash then), most of 1&2 happen in deserted locations, and there aren't many people around in 4 that aren't The Order.

If you want a protagonist that doesn't give a fuck about civilian casualties, that's Bayonetta. She barely cares if Enzo lives or dies and mostly protects Luka out of guilt/sympathy due to his mostly-rightful anger at Umbra Witches.

This. VJ Dante is DMC4 Dante before DMC4 was a thing.

Attached: viewtiful_dante_14.jpg (576x446, 19K)

>not really showing how much he worries about the casualties of a situation.
DMC 4 has him talking to Trish about protecting the civilians there though. It's mostly Nero in 5 that is the one doing the worrying as in 4 he didn't really care about them.

My favorite is still DMC1 Dante just because he's literally too cool for everything. DMC5 Dante is my second favorite simply because of the "bitchslap nearly killed me" line was fantastic.

Doesn't Bayonetta fight in another dimension entirely making it so humans aren't at risk?

>Grand. Would you mind sharing your definition. I have a hard time explaining it.
I just googled it
>That you know stylish when you see it. It's hard to define but it's definitely there. In this case I made the argument that I don't see DMC3 and on as particularly stylish, that that would not be word I'd use to describe it. It's not easy to explain but it is there.
I don't know. I find DMC3 Dante and even sometimes 2 as stylish with them riding a motorcycle and the whole mission 1 intro in 3 is stylish in my opinion.
>Then I am not getting the same results as you.
Different regions probably?
>Well, then the boss should too, then, since they designed the boss and then bassed the weapon off of it.
Nightmare does look like an alien bio-weapon instead of a typical demon, doesn't he?

Attached: Irony.jpg (1080x236, 83K)

test

>Well, then the boss should too, then, since they designed the boss and then bassed the weapon off of it.
Don't know if you've ever noticed, but DMC1 monster design is all over the place. Not that it's bad per se, but there's no consistency to them whatsoever. You have possessed puppets, green muscle lizards, ice muscle lizards, magma spiders, nobodies which are straight out of RE, giant bugs, a Tron-line knight, and a fat electric eagle, all in one game. Compare that to something like Bayo which has a very clear idea of what its enemies are.

Attached: 01 (53).jpg (2386x3487, 926K)

literally every kamiya game after has some Vergil villian dynamic, so id bet 100% hed bring vergil back

Some of his finishers are cool and that Vergil should inherit them

Attached: ECXkLyiUIAAJ-qj.jpg (3840x2160, 910K)

She enters a parallel world of sorts where humans cannot see or feel her (just as they can't see/feel Angels) but collateral damage is collateral damage.

The prologue/intro (I dunno just started the game) of the first Bayonetta shows that Enzo was basically fully at risk from all the angels being thrown around as they still physically affected his level of reality.
If the tombstones around him could be broken and knocked around then I'm pretty sure his body could have been fucked over too.

That's VJ though, everything is played self-awarely. The plot itself is very meta.

>Trish is like a rocker chick
That's why all I can ask for is a Nico-made Neo-Nevan for playable Trish.

Attached: 1543547145858.gif (400x561, 24K)

Right, forgot about that.

>The city seems pretty empty in 3 at least on his side of town (and if people died from the Temen-Ni-Gru it wasn't his fault and he was more brash then)
That's because of "hardware limitation" according to Itsuno

Attached: Hardware limitations.jpg (688x834, 261K)

Don't get what you mean here, Kamiya started the "Vergil villain" dynamic with Nelo Angelo. Every Kamiya and Itsuno action game since then has had the rival/villain dynamic. Kamiya gave them the okay in DMC3 to do what they wanted with Vergil, if he got his hands on DMC again I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't include Vergil.

If Kamiya got hid hands on DMC again he'd lock Vergil 3 behind an overly long gimmick section and have QTEs strewn throughout the fight.

>DmC running at 30FPS was a conscious design decision from Ninja Theory
Christ

Attached: 1521054110016.png (540x508, 194K)

>moving the goal-post
user, you don't need to be overly angry at Kamiya for his gimmick obsession.

And like you said, they're all fucking cool. Shit, imagine hanging out with Dante and the gang.

It was and I don't believe for a second gameplay or world design factored into that decision, it's down to them not being able to deviate from the UT3 engine at the time. Capcom even offered MT Framework to them.

Just telling it how it is.

>you will never be part of The DMC Crew™

Attached: 1545892068507.png (321x376, 148K)

The reaction to the Subhuman theme sort of showed the disconnect between Itsunos view of DMC and the fanbase.

Many fans are extremely wrapped up in the world, characters and cohesion of DMC while Itsuno mostly just wants to make a dumb fun 2cool4school action game. He thought Subhuman fit Dante because that sort of over the top edgy stuff is perfect for DMC in his mind. Its the same with how people bitched about Vergil being brought back "felt forced" even though Itsuno mainly just did it so that he could have Nero piledrive his dad.

Attached: 43c300f79a53a2b021871d4f88ab99a9.jpg (849x1080, 105K)

>Just telling it how it is.
Yeah, but what does that have to do with "Kamiya not bringing back Vergil"?

Attached: oh no mother's amulet.jpg (2113x1869, 590K)

I was one of the few people who was ambivalent to subhuman when it was initially revealed and now that ive actually experiemented with the music in the game id say its probably the best battle track of them all. devil trigger is okay but devils never cry is complete garbage for that function because youll never even reach the female vocals before everything is dead

All I'll say is that no Dante design has even come close to 1's.

>Subhuman theme
The theme wasn't bad per say it was the terrible mixing that mostly everyone was complaining about when it released.

DMC1 Dante is oldschool cool, there's something really likable about him. Someone post that pic of him with the stuffed teddy bear at the bar.

>He thought Subhuman fit Dante because that sort of over the top edgy stuff is perfect for DMC in his mind
No. Itsuno wanted every character theme to be distinct and representative of the character. Dante is well known to like heavy rock music, and so he thought of giving him some of that shit, while he focused his care on Nero's theme.

Attached: alt covers.jpg (1573x825, 397K)

>but devils never cry is complete garbage for that function because youll never even reach the female vocals before everything is dead
The female vocals are at the beginning though? They start playing like twelve seconds in.

nvm found it

Attached: dmc1_dante.jpg (1280x1879, 843K)

>Dante is well known to like heavy rock music, and so he thought of giving him some of that shit
Nobody is complaining about it being edgy rock. The issue is it's just a garbage song.

Okay here's a monkey's paw for you.
Dante brought back Alastor in DMC5 as his back up sword alongside the Sparda, the drawback is that it alongside Rebellion and Sparda is merged into Devil Sword Dante (modifying it's designs and powers a bit but still permanently fused into it).
Would it be worth it to you?

All I got is some concept art

Attached: 1539122344704.jpg (600x900, 142K)

3 > 5 > 1 > 4 for me

I liked 5's Dante but there were some things there that bugged the hell out of me, like him not giving that much of a shit about civilians, not really taking Urizen even remotely seriously until he got BTFO, how he wouldn't even take the job V offered until he heard Vergil's name, how he doesn't take anything much seriously until the last few missions, and the vocal delivery seemed odd from Rueben. Like Dante was trying to artificially deepen his voice, which thankfully isn't really there during the more serious scenes.

I've warmed up to 4's Dante a bit but I hated how cliche all of his lines were and how fucking goofy he was.

Subhuman does fit Dante, his entire thing in 5 was unleashing SinDT which is what the song's designed around and it mirrors Vergil in the same way Devil Trigger and Crimson Cloud do, the problem with it was the garbage vocals and mix.

>Alastor will be back with his lightning powers, and is permanently with Dante now
What's the downside of this all?

Attached: stpk2yygjoz21.jpg (634x915, 84K)

Yeah we should give the franchise to Ninja Theory to see what they can do

Subhuman has the absolute best in-game version of any of the battle tracks. With Devil Trigger ironically being the worst.

Neither am I saying that. What I said is that Itsuno didn't put much care in Dante's theme and only wanted it to sound different than Nero's.

t. keiji

I've never seen taste this shit in my life. There's absolutely no hype to Subhuman at all, it just drowns out beneath the sounds of TRICKSWORDTRICKSWORD IGNITE THE FLAMES SMOKING SEXY STYLE ONE UP

>Trish will get Alastor and Nevan along side her lightning fists and kicks
>they all have the same element
Would fit

Attached: The form of love keeps changing.jpg (964x1670, 164K)

Itsuno really loves that edgy punk attitude DmC has though, that's kind of part of the problem.

I'd say the same goes for the rest of the OST. I got music maxed out in the audio settings while voice is at half(5) and sound effects are 3. Best balance imo

>Don't know if you've ever noticed, but DMC1 monster design is all over the place.
That has to do with the shift in development halfway through from RE to DMC. The artists were told to change everything they already made from an RE style to demons.

>I just googled it
Ok, that was my whole point. That a dictionary definition doesn't explain irony well enough to explain its impact or its effect. It doesn't just mean 'oh, we meant something else.' That's the most basic way to say so but it doesn't encompass the aspects that it has on plots or speach. This is the 'I was being ironic' definition, facetious, not the irony you read in books or see in films.

>in my opinion.
And that's cool. I think 2 has his stylish moments, like that last execution and the intro to 3 is by far, the most bad ass intro in the whole series. Right up there with the intro fight to Blade. And, yeah, I have to admit, there are a lot of stylish moments in that fight, thought I don't find the whole of the game as such, but if you do, fucking cool. I respect that.

>Different regions probably?
Right.

>Nightmare does look like an alien bio-weapon instead of a typical demon, doesn't he?
No, he looks like a puddle of black goo with skulls and human remains with rocks that give it shape.

If I remember correctly, Kamiya wasn't going to bring Dante back for the sequel, either. They wanted to have a new protagonist for every iteration. I could be wrong because I also remember the staff of 1 saying that a lot of what Bayonetta is are things they were going to give Dante in their sequel to DMC.

wasn't there a totally-not-robots demons-in-angel-armor factory in DMC 4?

People often compained about Sparda and Rebellion dying to create DSD which they thought was ugly.
In turn Alastor comes back but is now fully assimilated into DSD and would probably look ugly still to a lot of people.
Figured people would be sad the sword was lost permanently.

If it merged with DSD it could probably make the way it opens up look more like a Dragon's Jaw which could be cool.

Nope, I could clearly hear Devil Trigger and Crimson Cloud over the action of Nero and V. Either Dante is just louder than everybody else, which is doubtful because Max EX and Griffon are pretty loud, or Subhuman has serious mixing problems.

Meh, I've warmed up to Subhuman but I still contend that the lyrics are odd (specifically referring to SDT as 'subhuman') and more importantly, the song just doesn't fit Dante from a musical standpoint or the gameplay of the game. It's too fucking slow and doesn't sound as hype as DT. I've switched Dante's battle theme to DT actually. No regrets.

I agree that the song fits him, it's just that it's nowhere near as good as Nero's theme or V's.

Did anything come near dmc5 hype levels since its announcement?
I miss prerelease threads so much bros

Attached: 1530026639369.png (426x364, 36K)

The song doesn't actually fit him. Referring to Sin Devil Trigger as "Subhuman" is bizarre from a narrative perspective. But then again, there's the very real possibility from what was seen that Subhuman was written for Donte.

>When Yea Forums was just BANG BANG BANG over and over

Attached: 1566300238816.jpg (600x833, 56K)

I had that problem with some of the stage bgm but yeah, Dante is definitely louder than the rest because of the weapon switching sfx, his "Tricked ya!" along with trickster's moves and the other style switching noises. no wonder enemies don't start attacks from off-screen anymore since you probably wouldn't be able to hear the audio cues.

MGSV, but unlike that one, DMC5 actually delivered the goods.

New theme for Dante for the SE when?

Hopefully with Shootie back.

>there's no consistency to them whatsoever
>The artists were told to change everything they already made from an RE style to demons
The majority of the demons in DMC1 are demonic spirits (some possessing earthly things, some not) rather than full-on demons transported from hell. This is why there are marionettes, animals, insects, and ghostly figures like the sins and skulls. The only real exception that remains as a carryover from RE were Nobodies.

Why can't you use drive with Rebellion or Sparda?

I don't think it would. It's not like there's anything special to Alastor's moveset that could be used for DSD and SDT that hasn't already. It would be better off as a weapon for Trish.

You can???

Don't think so, what's the input for it?

>That's the most basic way to say so but it doesn't encompass the aspects that it has on plots or speach. This is the 'I was being ironic' definition, facetious, not the irony you read in books or see in films.
There are other definitions that explains it better.
>thought I don't find the whole of the game as such, but if you do, fucking cool. I respect that.
Yeah, I also find him driving a motorcycle up Temen-ni-gru while killing demons with it as cool. And doesn't this mean that stylish is a subjective term? What could be stylish and cool to me isn't the same as for everyone else.
>No, he looks like a puddle of black goo with skulls and human remains with rocks that give it shape.
The "rocks" make him look alien like to me
>If I remember correctly, Kamiya wasn't going to bring Dante back for the sequel, either. They wanted to have a new protagonist for every iteration. I could be wrong because I also remember the staff of 1 saying that a lot of what Bayonetta is are things they were going to give Dante in their sequel to DMC
DMC2 had nothing to do with Kamiya and he didn't know it was being made. DMC2 had some rando with a green coat at first but than they decided to stick to Dante and make him less cocky than he was in 1. Many of the things Bayonetta has was part of the intentions for DMC1, like the British accent, and QTEs.

Attached: Other Ironies.jpg (1080x773, 281K)

Collab between Shootie, Casey Edwards, and Ali Edwards when?

I'd like for them to go for the more stylish synthy vibe that a lot of DMC1's soundtrack had, like with Psycho Siren.

In DMC5? I thought it was DSD exclusive.

SDT is Dante putting aside his humanity and fully embracing his demonic heritage to destroy the fuck out of whatever's in front of him (again tying into Vergil/Urizen), how does subhuman not fit with that?
Unlikely, Shootie was Shibata's guy and Shibata's off doing his own thing these days.

>SDT is Dante putting aside his humanity
It's not. Rebellion brings together his human and demon sides into an entity more powerful than either Urizen or V.

>Many of the things Bayonetta has was part of the intentions for DMC1, like the British accent, and QTEs.
Man I'm glad we got Itsuno.

>When you get the S rank and the chorus lyrics kick in
youtube.com/watch?v=lxhhqw2W4DU

Attached: sweat.jpg (1024x782, 58K)

youtu.be/FDOGUHmdzNY
Sounds like a good combo. Vergil and Dante in hell + tracks like that would be the best outcome.
Maybe the noise people made about Subhuman makes them consider picking up Shootie for their next thing with DMC.

Even bringing him back for potential vergil expansion would be great.

Attached: 1566156452842.jpg (640x800, 105K)

>People often compained about Sparda and Rebellion dying to create DSD which they thought was ugly.
Sparda had potential, so it being gone felt like a waste. Rebellion is just a cool sword, the only thing that needed to stay is the skull.
>In turn Alastor comes back but is now fully assimilated into DSD and would probably look ugly still to a lot of people
Sure, but I don't think Alastor is liked for it's looks, lol. It's powers and dragon motif is what it's fans want.

>Rebellion brings together his human and demon sides
This is complete fan canon. Nowhere in DMC5 is it said that Rebellion can unite shit. Its power is revenge. Dante absorbed Sparda, not Rebellion. It wouldn't make thematic sense for Dante to be channeling his human side when he's blindly fighting Vergil. Being human in DMC5 is Nero's role not Dante's, anyway. And Sin DT is literally his "true" devil trigger. And somehow Vergil got it from eating the fruit.

His humanity plays no part in SDT.

>Rebellion brings together his human and demon sides
No it doesn't. Dante's yin and yang was already harmonious. What Rebellion does is combine with Sparda to form DSD, it's the swords that come together, and it's absorbing Sparda (and all the power it holds) that unlocks his SDT.

There was a petition going around asking for Shootie to be on subhuman but they still got Barr to sing it. I think it's up to the producer to choose whomever they wanted.

Doesn't Dante literally say something like "If the Yamato can seperate man from devil, then what about the Rebellion?"

Then, instead of splitting into a human and a demon, he absorbs the Sparda and unlocks his SDT. There is nothing within this scene about throwing away his humanity.

>Its power is revenge
And what does that mean?
>human in DMC5 is Nero's role not Dante's
Dante is the one throughout the series that talks about humanity, and his it's stronger than being a demon.
>And somehow Vergil got it from eating the fruit.
Vergil got SDT because he got his humanity back his complete true demon form is Urizen.

Capcom don't pick up singers. The way it works is Capcom hires the composer and they pick the singers themselves. The DT composer speaks about it on the Dev1 podcast with Casey and Ali,

Ah, didn't catch that one. Why did they pick the guy that ruined Dante's theme in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite?

No fucking clue, I can only assume his dad is some obscure VP of one of the gaijin divisions or something.

>And what does that mean?
To kick ass of those that sent into coma for a month

DMC5CE

>There is nothing within this scene about throwing away his humanity.
There's a scene right after of Nero asking what SDT was and thinking it's a demon.

>And what does that mean?
That it unlocks the power of those it stabs, just like it did in DMC3.

>Dante is the one throughout the series that talks about humanity
Yes, but in DMC5 it's Nero that has to stop Dante and Vergil by listening to his heart.

>Vergil got SDT because he got his humanity
If Vergil needed just his humanity for SDT then he would already have had it unlocked. It was the fruit.

Yeah and then Griffin literally says, "Wow, you are absorbing the Sparda," while the cutscene literally shows him literally absorbing the Sparda then he literally transforms into Sin DT. His humanity has fuck all to do with it.

If Capcom is so hellbent on retiring Dante then I hope the next DMC sidelines Nero as well for a new protag.

If us boomers can't win we can at least drag the zoomers down with us.

Attached: 193-1931190_5402205-aqua-teen-hunger-force-carl-face.jpg (840x1114, 186K)

>Dante absorbs DSS (Sparda) gets SDT
>Vergil absorbs the fruit (Mundus) gets SDT
Parallels, what are they?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

cope

Attached: 1558797752526.jpg (720x1280, 69K)

>e3 trailer
>early leaks
>vergil leak
>final trailer
holy shit i miss those threads

Attached: 1497194868556.jpg (480x480, 46K)

I don't think it's Capcom, it's Itsuno and Bingo that like him.

Trish for next DMC protagonist!

Attached: 1553704632916.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

Attached: 1492870761888.png (592x771, 652K)

I want more itsuno dmc because everything he touches turns to combat gold and combat matters far more than atmosphere.

>That it unlocks the power of those it stabs, just like it did in DMC3.
So it's best if you use the sword to not stab your enemies? Sounds like a bad sword
>Yes, but in DMC5 it's Nero that has to stop Dante and Vergil by listening to his heart.
Doesn't change that Dante still has the humanity role, Nero just has it more.
>If Vergil needed just his humanity for SDT then he would already have had it unlocked. It was the fruit
No he wouldn't, he always pushed it aside and considered it weak, weight that should be removed, him embarrassing it after V joining back gave him his SDT.

Attached: D4OibNtUEAAdOQ3.jpg (1200x1200, 279K)

Remember when that user who had the game posted his mission screenshot and someone noticed Vergil on the couch? Everyone lost their shit

>So it's best if you use the sword to not stab your enemies?
Intention is key. Nero stabbing Dante with Rebellion did jack shit in DMC4.

I agree OP. Both directors had their own take on Dante, even from Kamiya's one game you can see alot of his style in and how it differs from itsuno.

>tfw you were one of the people who didnt think it was photoshopped

Attached: 1498671875716.gif (400x296, 443K)

>he thinks Kamiya is the reason DMC1 has a good atmosphere
>he thinks Kamiya doesn't make games with peak combat.
Itsuno is cool but he isn't the only one that could make an awesome action game.

Never forget

Attached: 30 frames.jpg (464x238, 43K)

>So it's best if you use the sword to not stab your enemies?
HURR WHY DIDN'T DANTE SPLIT WHEN YAMATO STABBED HIM

>Nero just has it more.
That's not the point. Sure, Dante still fights for humanity, but that doesn't mean he's completely righteous because of it. They needed someone else to stop them. It perfectly fits Subhuman and going over the edge.

>him embarrassing it after V joining
Urizen didn't embrace shit, he just wanted Mo' Powah.

dragons dogma is a literal buttonmasher joke

I honestly don't think Kamiya makes games with peak combat. At least not anymore. God Hand is a masterpiece. But nothing since has been at that level. And he can't fucking help himself but to add some dumb harrier shit or other minigames.

I would unironically like a Trish & Lady game. DMC is a series that has oddly never had a spinoff game, and I think it deserves one. Put out 5SE first with Vergil and bonus content and all that, sure, but then instead of going straight to 6, maybe put out a shorter, budget title with some of 5's assets detailing Trish & Lady running Dante's office between the fall of the Qliphoth and Morrison's job.

>him embarrassing it after V joining back
I'm going to assume you meant embracing, and you're fucking wrong. Read the in-game file. Vergil gained his SDT from his time as Urizen, and the most significant power-boost he got during that was the fruit.

It's the best combat in that genre. It could be better, but best is a pretty good spot to be.

>When the main trailer leaked and we saw V's gameplay and Sin DT for the first time
>When the final trailer dropped and we saw Vergil and everyone thought Dante was gonna die
Good times

Attached: poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 81K)

>buttonmasher
You again
Go choke on a Todds dick

I try to think back to when DmC was released, Capcom had lost it's mind, and 10 years went by with nothing but a couple Dante cameos, a lackluster special edition, and a pachinko machine to try and hold me over.

I could not fucking believe it when, not only did last year's e3 drop a new fucking DMC out of nowhere, but that it was a complete an utter hype train that delivered a game that lived up to every expectation.

I don't think 5 is the best one by far, but considering all the odds that were working against it, it's probably the most amazing.

Attached: dmc comic completed.jpg (900x2298, 549K)

> everyone thought Dante was gonna die
This was a legitimate fear at one point, you could smell the fear

Wasn't even him, he was just larping. Shirrako was the one posting spoilers on the other forum.

Attached: 1551479535435.jpg (5092x5636, 3.43M)

King Cerberus is so unlike Cerberus in terms of fight that it'd be unfitting. The callback in the fight's intro was enough

> DmC was released
The rage on Yea Forums was like nothing I witnessed before. Combined with the MGR release it was a truly unforgivable timeline.

Attached: 1552003412337.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

Probably the best way to describe the whole DMC5 experience.

>bringing dante back just to kill him
fucking retarded especially when they brought back vergil from the dead

Attached: 1565974307909.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

Are you fucking retarded? All bethesda shit is just as bad, except at least you can salvage those games with mods as intended

even fucking soulsborne games from the same and 8th gen have better combat than fucking dragons dogshit, being able to cling onto the mmo cyclops while mashing square doesnt make the game any better than just mashing square on the ground

>HURR WHY DIDN'T DANTE SPLIT WHEN YAMATO STABBED HIM
Because you'll need to do the chant Vergil did, Dante doesnt say any chants he just stabs himself with it and in return it gave him the ability to absorb the Sparda.
>That's not the point. Sure, Dante still fights for humanity, but that doesn't mean he's completely righteous because of it. They needed someone else to stop them. It perfectly fits Subhuman and going over the edge.
Dante was doing the right thing throughout the game, he just didn't care to give Vergil a chance is his only fault.
>Urizen didn't embrace shit, he just wanted Mo' Powah.
And his Humanity gave him more power, did it not?

>God Hand is a masterpiece. But nothing since has been at that level
God Hand was by Mikami, you secondary. And Kamiya made many other games that isn't DMC with good combat, the only thing Itsuno has is DMC and DD.

high quality ass shots of cutscenes in angles that can't be seen by regular means like this make me instantly uwu

Attached: DwfcToJWkAE9cWV.jpg (1199x688, 53K)

The definition of stylish is literally just "to have style". Stylish isn't an aesthetic or genre.

>you'll need to do the chant Vergil did
Seriously, nigger? That's a William Blake verse. Y'know the guy V constantly quotes?

It has nothing to do with Yamato.

>Dante was doing the right thing throughout the game
No, Dante was pissed off at Vergil the whole game. He wasn't just doing it out of obligation and didn't really want to kill his brother again in his heart of hearts. How can Dante be the one that represents humanity when he never stops to think what a tragedy it is to have to fight your family, which is what DMC3 was all about?

>his Humanity gave him more power, did it not?
That's besides the point. Urizen never accepts V as a human, he just does it because he was beaten by Dante again.

Bayonetta 1 has tremendous combat, you faggots would know this if you actually learned the Offset system and actually got good at it instead of writing it off because it's not a DMC game made by Itsuno. Then there's TW101. Kamiya's games concentrate more on enemy interaction than juggling. There's still staples of his games but there is no focus on them like Itsuno's games.

>the only thing Itsuno has is DMC and DD.
He made several good/great fighting games too, as well as Auto Modelista which is a solid underrated PS2 racing game. Kamiya is great too but he literally only has 5 complete games under his belt if you don't count RE2 which was mostly Mikami's game or the sequels to his games that he didn't direct. W101 is my favorite game of all time but it's still an oddly small gameography for a guy with his notoriety, although Scalebound was a whole situation.

Only retards thought there was the slightest chance a Capcom protagonist explicitly dying. Shit nigga Vergil never even died

>one of the big quotes is mine
feels good

Attached: professor.jpg (235x203, 8K)

Loving bayonetta 1 and seething at bayo 2 is classic Yea Forums, my man. Lots of people are fond of Itsuno's platinum work.

>mmo
So I was right you are that dumbfuck from a previous thread

What does that have to do with anything at all? Bayonetta 2's changes to Bayonetta 1's systems are legitimately downgrades, add into the mix the highly unnecessary addition of Umbran Climax and you've got something that isn't as satisfying to become good at like its predecessor. Lots of people are fond of both Kamiya's and Itsuno's work, what is your point.

name 5 other full priced full release RPGs with quests like "collect 10 flowers"

>Bayonetta 1 has tremendous combat, you faggots would know this if you actually learned the Offset system and actually got good at it instead of writing it off because it's not a DMC game made by Itsuno.

My brain damage kicked in and I didn't write kamiya. My point being "you faggots" love bayo1 plenty.

skyrim

>Seriously, nigger? That's a William Blake verse. Y'know the guy V constantly quotes?
>It has nothing to do with Yamato.
It's a logical explanation if you asked me, he does it when he separates and he does it when he returns.
>No, Dante was pissed off at Vergil the whole game. He wasn't just doing it out of obligation and didn't really want to kill his brother again in his heart of hearts. How can Dante be the one that represents humanity when he never stops to think what a tragedy it is to have to fight your family, which is what DMC3 was all about?
He learns all of this from DMC3, where he has to fight for humanity even if it ment killing his own brother. That was what Lady taught him. You seem to not know what 3 was about.
>That's besides the point. Urizen never accepts V as a human, he just does it because he was beaten by Dante again.
And Vergil now accepted his humanity, isn't that the whole plot of 5? Vergil becoming a good guy and redeeming himself? Urizen seemed to be okay with V after telling him that they're both the same.

Witcher 1-3, skyrim, skyrim V

>DMC2 had nothing to do with Kamiya and he didn't know it was being made.
The people at P* have commented that they had plans for a sequel before they were told they weren't going to get to do it.

>like the British accent
>Man I'm glad we got Itsuno.
You realize that Dante was originally British, right? Tony was English and for Dante they stuck with that British wit and charm. It wasn't just for the sequel, it was part of the development when he was still Tony.

Attached: 01 (65).jpg (2386x3487, 1.17M)

shit series for children who think theyre cool

>enemy interaction
Whoa yeah, having to dodge because enemies become unstaggerable when they feel like it sure is good interaction.

The combat in Bayonetta is poor. There's very little to master in terms of mechanics. Every weapon does the same thing and every fight has the same solution (dodge and dial-a-combo) and dodge-offset exists solely to support this. And every other Platinum game that isn't TW101 plays the same with some gimmick tacked on.

so just the game ive been comparing dragons dogshit with in terms of quality, ironic

and yet the witcher series has actual roleplaying and a proper dialogue system, dragons dogshit has nothing but its buttonmashing combat an mmo fetch quests

>seemed to be okay
He was dying my man. Even autism in the flesh would agree on fucking with V if it would give him more power.

all of them

Honestly my only gripe is the boss music. It's not that they're bad songs, they're just not that memorable besides Nidhog, Vergil, Goliath and Cavalier. They definitely could've done with some lyrics even if they were small segments.

Attached: 1565890303203.jpg (504x547, 26K)

For the second time, the game itself states in the boss files that Vergil gained SDT from his time as Urizen. It has nothing to do with V. Go read it then shut the fuck up.

>Vergil never even died
Nico said that Dante killed him once so he was dead for a little bit

>actual roleplaying and a proper dialogue system
Hahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahah

>It's a logical explanation if you asked me
It isn't. It's a poem about breaking free, not separating.

>he has to fight for humanity even if it ment killing his own brother
That's the thing though. Dante is stuck in thinking it's the same thing as in DMC3. He doesn't pay attention to V like Nero does and just goes to fight Urizen. He doesn't cry like he did back then, he's angry.

>Vergil now accepted his humanity, isn't that the whole plot of 5? Vergil becoming a good guy and redeeming himself?
Barely. It's a new start but Vergil hasn't done much to redeem himself outside of what V did.

>Not that memorable
>all Urizen themes
?

They really fucked up Trish in 5. And people were bitching about Tifa's tits being nerfed.

enjoy your ban

>they're just not that memorable besides Nidhog, Vergil, Goliath and Cavalier
That's like half the bosses tho.

Yeah, since he doesnt have much of a choice and I'm pretty sure Vergil himself is more of V than Urizen now.
He gains SDT after gets his humanity, it is thanks for the apple's power that he has SDT, but without his humanity he wouldn't really have a SDT or a DT.

Okay yeah, Sin Dante vs Urizen theme was sick now that I remember, but the others are actually forgettable.

>without his humanity he wouldn't really have a SDT or a DT
Full demons without any humanity still have a DT. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

But Urizen has DT

Enjoy buttonmashing

BECAUSE SDT IS LITERALLY JUST HIS TRUE DEMON FORM YOU PIGHEADED BASTARD

>4/14 bosses are half
?

How many more times is Vergil going to go evil?

Cav has two themes actually
Horse rheme is kino

DMC3 and 5 had the best aesthetic, but 4 was just anime yeah

He was never ebil

You say that as if he bounces between good and evil constantly. Vergil was always an asshole, that never changed.

Never again.

For now.

Attached: 1560824666137.jpg (3840x2160, 773K)

Underrated track coming thru.
youtube.com/watch?v=0-bFokBgKn4

>Never again
..until he loses either dante or nero

Attached: 1556899003552.jpg (945x945, 75K)

I want to see a dmc where Dante and Vergil compete against each other fighting demons in a friendly rival sort of way.
They are working together towards a common goal while bickering every step of the way.

Nero and Vergil will act awkward towards each other while Dante makes dad and uncle jokes in the background.

Fund it

I still can't believe they canonized the DMC1 novel, it's so weird.
How's everyone enjoying Visions of V, anyway?

>Urizen never accepts V as a human, he just does it because he was beaten by Dante again.
V is more Vergil anyways so he himself acknowledging humanity is fine since Ureason was just a mindless power autist.

It's good, which makes me wish it would come out faster.

Vergil is not Vergil if he's not a power autist.

I'm enjoying it as a vergilfag lel. Wish the game had included some of the details that we read in the manga but i get they were on a tight budget.

Attached: 1565999341337.jpg (562x905, 202K)

If only we could get a V expansion that showed that stuff as well as giving him Phantom once you beat it.

Don't under estimate Vergil's power autism even if he splits himself his human side still gets affected a little.

Attached: x8.jpg (1152x2048, 427K)

Pretty sure they didn't do Phantom because it was too hard to animate it. Yeah it would be great if we got expansions that told BtN and the Visions stories but the DMC game isn't profitable.
I've noticed that a lot of the fans like the characters more than the gameplay. I looked around youtube and twitter and a lot of them don't play the games, which is probably why Capcom does a lot of merch with the characters instead and that brings in money.

If Dante dies I guess Vergil would eat DSD and have ALL of the POWER ... at the cost of one of the things that originally motivated him to attain it.

Vergil will knock some sense into corrupted Nero in the next game.

That Bloody Palace ending couldn't be done just for laughs.

Vergil Vs. Nero Angelo Jr when?

I'd be fine with Itsno stepping away since he has underdelivered on both 4 and 5

>Vergil finally realizes what that nightmare with Dante shooting Nelo meant as he saves Nero

Vergil vs clone Gilver or Tony when

When the FUCK are we getting Gilver in any game ever? He should've been Vergil's alt costume in UMvC3 and/or 4SE.

If Mundus comes back I'd expect him to try to create a clone of one of the Spardas.
I'd just wonder whether he'd be turned into a good guy or whether he'd be killed and drop a devil arm.

Nightmare in DMC1 was a demon machine, basically a robot.

Gilver could replace the Vergil bossfights for the next game.

I don't know why people still pretend DMC has anything to do with Kamiya apart from lip service. The guy made one game, bailed halfway through the second and left it in a truly disastrous state, then a more competent director salvaged something from DMC2 and took the series to new heights, eventually culminating in the best action game of a generation.
Kamiya is responsible for the initial idea, I guess, but Itsuno has taken the series from him in full by now.

People have fucking ridiculous nostalgia goggles for DMC1.

DMC1's plot is honestly really bad, the characters are cheesy cardboard cutouts. Trish exists to spout exposition, do a really sloppy betrayal that fails immediately, and be a damsel. Her one notable trait is that she looks like Trinity from the Matrix but is blonde. DMC3 Dante is infinitely better written than DMC1 Dante, Lady is infinitely better written than Trish, and Vergil is infinitely better written than Mundus.

In terms of story quality it's
DMC3 >>> DMC5 > DMC1 = DMC4 > DMC2

>bailed halfway through the second and left it in a truly disastrous state
DMC2 started as a brand new IP and was shifted into being a DMC sequel before 1 even shipped, which reportedly confused Kamiya. 2 had some unknown director who fucked up the game's production until Itsuno replaced him. Kamiya had more input in the planning stages of 3 than he did in 2 in its entirety. Kamiya's ideas are why Agni & Rudra exist, for example, as he suggested Dante get the ability to dual-wield swords early on in the game.

MatthewMatosis dicksuckers, basically.
It's funny how so many supposed Kamiya fanboys attribute so many things about DMC1 to him, yet apparently never played any of his later games.
Just look at Bayonetta. Basically Kamiya's attempt at a next-gen DMC. For the most part a pretty good game. Takes many notes from DMC, has some staff from DMC, even called the dev team "Team Little Angels" (referencing DMC1's "Team Little Devils"). Yet it is NOTHING like DMC1 tonally. Single scenes in Bayonetta are more ridiculous than the entirety of Itsuno's DMC. He had the opportunity to recreate DMC1's feel and he didn't, despite how much Bayonetta clearly apes DMC.

One thing that really fucking bothered me about DMC5 is how they decided to have way more typical real-world elements than ever before, and I do not even mean the photorealistic visuals.

I always thought the complaints about how characters in DMC dress silly was stupid because I just thought "Well that is just the world of DMC its not the real world". But in DMC5 they have parts that are just straight up "Not-London", with average "t-shirt and jeans" civilians and "YOURE GONNA GET KILLED" military dudes with assault rifles fighting hordes of demons like its this thing they have never encountered before.

Thousands of people just get slaughtered because they just happen to forget about the hundreds of other demonic invasions?

Attached: 9dfbe6d.png (640x360, 379K)

>DMC1's plot is honestly really bad, the characters are cheesy cardboard cutouts.
>In terms of story quality it's
>DMC3
Vergil is an incredibly generic character that has been done countless times before. The story of Lady and Arkham is basically a copy of Trish and Mundus.

3 had a bigger budget for cutscenes but that doesn't necessarily make it better.

>the hundreds of other demonic invasions
Only Fortuna and maybe the DMC3 city were big. There are no "invasions" beside those.

>Only Fortuna and maybe the DMC3 city were big. There are no "invasions" beside those.

Still, the idea that the general public would not be aware of demons at this point is kind of silly. Especially since DMC4 literally had an entire Religion built around Sparda and an entire order of knights that fight demons.

>Vergil is an incredibly generic character that has been done countless times before.
It mattered in the context of the story. Vergil was important as someone who had gone through the same as Dante had and someone he shouldn't become like.

>The story of Lady and Arkham is basically a copy of Trish and Mundus.
Not really, no. They couldn't be more different.

I think it's because 1 focused more on a gothic style which can seem suave when done right. Later games definitely just went punk/alternative. It's obvious when you learn that Dante in 3 was designed to look like a Japanese boy band member, and Lady designed to look like a Japanese schoolgirl, neither of those things are really continuing the original gothic feel. And I know Dante in 3 was supposed to be immature so it might be intentional, but it also feels like that never actually went away and he didn't grow into his 1 character.

So fans of one unpleasant cunt idolize another, that makes sense.

DMC3's plot is generic as hell. It's when the series started going full anime.

See this right here, is the most misinformed piece of shit post in this entire thread.

Attached: 1556389696311.png (375x376, 162K)

Whatever, man. You clearly don't want to talk about things, so what's the point of even answering. You win, I guess.

3 is an anime punk. And 5 is a bum ass nigga who gets sidelined by his nephew.

fuck off

>It mattered in the context of the story. Vergil was important as someone who had gone through the same as Dante had and someone he shouldn't become like.
"Context" doesn't make Vergil stop being an overused generic cliche character. You can find basically the same character in a bunch of anime.

>Not really, no. They couldn't be more different.
There are more similarities than differences. The only real difference is that Trish attacks Dante and says humans are weak, while Lady attacks Dante because she hates demons. Almost everything else is really similar. It's even more similar when you realize Mundus created Trish and it has the "father" aspect to it. They both even end up helping Dante finish off the bad guy with Lady giving him the Kalina Ann and Trish giving Dante her "power" for the final shot on Mundus.

Don't be a bitch. We're having a discussion and it's fine to disagree, but criticizing 1 for having cheesy cardboard cutouts but praising 3 which lifts a lot of plot points from 1 and has one of the most generic characters makes you seem like you're the one with the nostalgia goggles.

>DMC3's plot is generic as hell
uh no sweaty

>Vergil is an incredibly generic character that has been done countless times before.
Before 2005?

>3 had a bigger budget for cutscenes but that doesn't necessarily make it better.
On the contrary, those cutscenes, their direction, and their score are extremely well-done and elevate the simple character motivations beyond their surface-level writing.

This is explained in the DMC5 logs, and expanded on the DMC5 novel. And even somewhat dealt with in the anime which is now semi canon.
Fortuna was a highly secluded region which was blockaded to outsiders.
The demon incident where Eva died was set up as a natural disaster. So it's reasonable to expect that the same happened in DMC3.

Nico is genuinely baffled over the existence of the supernatural. And the human world wasn't aware of the demon world until 5.

Yeah. After DMC3 people were even wondering if they copied Inuyasha and Sesshomaru for Dante and Vergil.

Even Vergil in 5 being Nero's father and cutting off his arm seems to have been copied from Star Wars, in the scene where Vader and Luke are fighting, gets his hand cut off, and Vader tells Luke that he's Luke's father. There just isn't a whole lot of originality with Vergil even now.

Yeah great rebuttal, I can already smell your Stone awards from here.

Attached: 1529349998658.png (465x478, 342K)

>DMC3's plot is generic as hell

Not him but DMC3s story is as typical japanese rival tale as they come. Even down to the colors of the respective personality traits.If you look for the coolhead vs hothead in japanese media you will see it absolutely everywhere, hell its even common outside of Japan.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x278, 1008K)

He's literally Vegeta or whatever other shounen anti-hero

>DMC3 story is ripoff of everything cuz red oni blue oni motif
okay retard

t. Mitosis dicksucker

like project x zone? youtube.com/watch?v=_4CasnO4TIQ

Attached: mq1qo6t8wvs11.jpg (1234x750, 83K)

Yeah it is a pretty generic story.

Wrong

>the fanbase is so degenerated that if you like the first game at all you're suddenly an e-celeb worshiper

Anyone who got into DMC after 2005 needs to jump off a cliff.

>Fandub
It's so weird that since PXZ was only in Japanese, Reuben & Dan didn't work on them. It's pretty based that they went with Post-Credits "1 look with 3 Devil Arms" Dante though.

I don't know why you're so hung up on Vergil being generic. What do you even mean by that? That he's generic because he's power hungry, or because he's Dante's evil twin, or because he's his rival? You haven't said what you actually mean besides throwing out the most basic insults and why you even think using tropes like that is bad. I don't know how you want me to take you seriously.

Plus, execution really matters. Compare how DMC3 handles characters in comparison to 1. Vergil is a precense through out the game and exists outside cutscenes. Same with Lady, which always appears here or there and has a motivation of her own. Arkham appears as Jester and tails Vergil, as well as tricking Lady. All the characters have a good balance in their appearances and enough to establish their character and what they want.

Meanwhile in 1 Mundus is just evil and we're supposed to care about Trish because, what, she looks like Dante's mom? Trish is just such a nothing character and almost 20 years later she has stayed just as uninteresting. Even in DMC1 she only appears when the plot calls for it and has no life outside the events that transpire in the game.

>There are more similarities than differences.
There are no similarities outside being badass action girls. Trish is a demon, Lady is human. Trish is saved by Dante, Lady isn't. I guess both of them attack Dante? Though their personalities and the reasons they do it are completely different.

Yeah because the franchise was doing SO WELL before DMC3. It's not like that game is the sole reason it's still around.

Yeah, if DMC3 was a generic template story, then why are DMC4 and DMC5s stories just as good even when they are by the same writer?

Checkmate.

>4
>good story

Kamiya wasn't involved with 2 and was pretty upset when he learned a sequel was being made without him. There's a pretty big rift between people who like 1 and 3+, of course there are people who like it all, but the games are really different and that's why people talk about Kamiya. Although, anyone who read more about 1's development knows Kamiya was kind of retarded and wanted stuff like QTEs, and also not having a jump for some reason, so I don't know if I'd trust him to make another good one or even a remake.

>4
>story

>why are DMC4 and DMC5s stories just as good

Attached: 1560486863056.gif (420x216, 2.98M)

Would Kamiya have directed a dmc 2? I thought he never directs sequels?

>Not exploiting Punchline

Attached: Punchline 1.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>intro of the original is in
>whisper vocals of the original are in, albeit jumbled due to remixing

He can be

Attached: V Air Combo.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Reminder that the story DMC3fags worship is a fucking fluke born out of Bingo Morihashi being a fucking hack writer who wrote a simple rival story that the actors Reuben Langdon and Dan Southworth had to spice up themselves to make it seem more interesting than it actually was.

DMC3fags worship non-existent subtext as seen by DMC4 and DMC5s story when Bingo actually came back and added way more exposition and character motivation to the characters and it turned out to be classic dumb anime shit. The best part of the dialogue turned out to be, surprise surprise: the fucking one-liners and ad-libbed shit the actors came up with themselves.

Attached: 4234323243243.jpg (500x616, 54K)

Go back to /r/eddit

>muh story is bad
>but likes 1's story

i dont think thats how game engines work user

scanning is literally cheaper than creating models by hand, itsuno has said it himself

I'm just happy he gets to return to Dragon's Dogma. He's been thinking on that game since he was in fucking middle school, so it's great that he gets another, presumably not gimped this time, shot at bringing his vision to fruition.

What's stopping them from making dlc, kinda sad there wasn't any announcements in gamescom whiile MH gets all the love

Attached: sparda.jpg (1280x879, 149K)

money is what i'm guessing

desu they probably are working on DLC but its not far enough in development to be anounced yet
DMC5 made more than enough money to warrant a DMC5SE double tip

ill agree with the fact that bingo seems to be a complete hack who got lucky but the amount of influence reuben and dan had on the script and dialogue of 3 makes it good and there is quite a bit of interesting subtext and depth to the way the story is presented, whether or not it was due to bingo or itsuno or anyone whose influence isnt really stated

I hated how Dante and Nero dressed more 'realistically' because of this. Both outfits are still too simple for me, especially Nero's. Dante's is not quite as bad but he still feels a little underdressed.

Basically, you have to balance the amount of work and money required to make said DLC, versus how much they'd make selling it.
Using Vergil as an example, we have no idea if the team already tried to implement him, or could use the 4SE data as a base, etc, versus building an entire fully fleshed out character from scratch; the latter is far more expensive and time consuming. I think it's likely he'll get in, but if he's not then this is the reason why.
Keep in mind that while DMC5 sold really well, it just came out of a very long hiatus, whereas MonHun has consistently been Capcom's bread and butter. They may not have expected it to sell as well as it did and been hesitant allocating funds for whatever.
Dragon's Dogma is probably my favorite JRPG, so I'm pretty excited. I hope we get a snow area and a revamped Warrior.
More broadly speaking, I'd like to see a greater variety of core combos with the light/heavy attacks, in addition to Skills.

Attached: 1451921742554.jpg (331x371, 54K)

Matt already said that there won't be DLC, they are either working on DMC6 or a 5SE for next gen consoles

>They may not have expected it to sell as well as it did
They did expect it to sell well but maybe what dmc sold wasn't enough?
> Furthermore, the Company’s other flagship brands scored a hit with show-goers at the Tokyo Game Show 2018 with Resident Evil 2 (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC) and Devil May Cry 5 (for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC), generating high expectations for these upcoming releases

They would just bully us for being lame nerds.

Capcom recently said that the game hit 2.5 Million sales (which in 5 months is easily the fastest a DMC has sold) and that they want it to hit 3.5 Million by the time it's a year old. Granted, they also just added the game to GamePass on Xbox so maybe they'll factor downloads of it there into it; not sure how devs get paid or account for Game Pass.

>I looked around youtube and twitter and a lot of them don't play the games, which is probably why Capcom does a lot of merch with the characters instead and that brings in money.
That would be most female fans of the series.

what exactly is Itsuno responsible for? the story? The weapons? the gameplay? what does he do that would change how dmc feels to play? i dont care about story. not trying to start an argument. i genuinely dont know

Itsuno was the director of 3, 4, & 5 (he also was made director of 2 4 months before release, and did some consulting for Ninja Theory on how the gameplay should be for DmC). He's basically calling the shots and every aspect of the games is approved by him. The story for 3/4/5 and much of the supplementary material is by Bingo Morihashi.

Honestly, how many fans of DMC really don't play the games?

My mistake, but that's just an even bigger hit to Kamiya.
I think it's like A- or B+ rather than the A+ of NG or God hand or DMC.

Fujoshi money is best money

They got top earnings in june on ps4 and the 19 million payout for gamepass, so it looks like they're earning quite a bit from dmc 5. I still don't know if they'll reach 3.5 million without any dlc to help the sales. Maybe a dlc announcement would help and then just release the expansion after the fiscal year?

Just the female ones. So maybe half

>the only thing Itsuno has is DMC and DD.
Rival Schools/Project Justice was his baby and Power Stone was also directed by him

To add to this, Itsuno's pedigree lies in fighting games, which is probably why DMC's always kept a very strong emphasis on deep combat at its core.

It should give them more incentive to play as their husbando. Just buy the game so you can see more of your favorite.

>donguri is playing DMC5 again
youtu.be/uUs-Yq8qK8w

oh god thanks for reminding me. It didnt help that the most boring boss in the game was right after

But Sanctus isn't after the beyblades?