He STILL hasn't played the game of the generation

>he STILL hasn't played the game of the generation
It's even going to be on Switch, what the fuck is your excuse?

Attached: 60c724a052275a049d857d53957dc38e9347742f52372bb956d992b43efa8fb5_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/247/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a jprg pretending to be a wrpg

what does that even mean

*movie of the generation

it's on fucking switch at this point, everyone played it

Can't run it.

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/247/?

I just started its good but theres so many menu systems for crafting etc I hate that shit

shit gameplay, history is meh, pretty graphics, massively overrated "game"

Why is this game being discussed so fucking much lately? Game was release back in 2015.

>whistles for magic horse
I put 24 hours into it and dropped it. It sucks balls.
>Activate Toucan Sam vision

Bought it for my gf using my PSN so I do technically own it. But I won't play it because it just seems so clunky & I can't bear clunky shit. That enough of an excuse faggot?

todays the day for me, how many shekels?

What is the best game you ever played?

If you hae crafting you better strap in because you're about to loot millions of schematics to craft semi pointless shit

gay game

I haven't finished it yet, 70 hours and I'm not even half way through the story. Great game but idk I can't be fucked to play it again

>hasn't played the game of the generation
I've played it several times.

Accurate.

Attached: 313196-bloodborne-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1011, 115K)

tried 1 & 2 and they were boring shit.

i know one person who has finished this over rated game, i dropped it after 40h

bloodborne is official GOTD

>Witcher 3 is utter garbag-

Attached: God Tier Witcher 3 Combat 3.webm (924x518, 2.99M)

Based W3 defense user. Yea Forums loves clunky euro combat until it's critically and commercially successful

Cringe and zoomerpilled
Based and boomerpiled

This.

I know OP doesn't actually believe that shit and he's just baiting for replies.

Endless cutscenes, shit combat, and stupid blues clues minigames. Game was shit

Fine, but the actual game of the generation is Minecraft, and you cannot possibly refute this.

name three good games that arent darksouls

Thief I: The Dark Project
Jagged Alliance 2
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Attached: 292cad18e1228cd2a842174b51bfe6e467d12c33_full.jpg (184x184, 14K)

i played dark messiah as a rogue guy and got to like a dragon or some shit, like the last boss and he was flying around but i couldn't hit him so i just turned the game off and never turned it back on

>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Good shit user maybe you have good tastes afterall

*whistles for magic horse*
*activates toucan sam vision*

>invisible walls around bridge so that enemies remain magnetically glued to it despite multiple explosions that should have sent them flying

What a shitty game.

Attached: 1527181452610.jpg (621x621, 159K)

The combat is shit

This is bait right?

>Shitbitcher 3
>game

Pick 1.

Attached: Shitcher 3 movie.jpg (818x481, 116K)

It's fine, I'll just watch the netflix show.

Don't reply to ESL posters.

>The combat is shi-

Attached: God Tier Witcher 3 Combat 2.webm (853x480, 2.69M)

>mfw i ordered Nier:Automata over this and my brother ended up buying Witcher 3 instead
>i've been watching him play it for almost a week
Damn i dodged a bullet desu.

t
You webms just prove it more.

But BotW and Bloodborne are both better.

>Grass doesn't even catch fire.

Embarassing.

Attached: 122394504523.jpg (1986x1071, 465K)

I will never understand the hateboner Yea Forums has for this game. At this point I'm genuinely convinced it's just retarded contrarianism. The biggest gripe is always "durr combat is shit" yet Yea Forums kept sucking W2's dick despite having an infinitely worse combat system. Let us not forget the epic Fromshits that always come into these threads to circlejerk about DS and BB, yet the minute you compare their games to the combat system of something like DMC5 they go full sperg

That's still a 100+ hour game. WOW who would've fucking thought that a ROLE PLAYING GAME would have heavy emphasis on story and narrative. Amazing detective move on your part retard. 10% of the game being dedicated to cutscenes is nothing when the average AAA 20 hour game nowadays has 5 hours of cutscenes, literally 1/4th of the game

But RPGs shouldn't be relying on cutscenes to convey the narrative. Constantly stripping away player control is the anti-thesis of what an RPG stands for. For example, Morrowind, another sprawling open world RPG, only has ten minutes of cutscenes over the course a 100+ hour game.

Fromtards are STILL seething that W3 won so many GOTY awards and that BB was essentially forgotten.

So if i liked Witcher 3 i should like Persona 5 right?

>Daily threads
>Forgotten

>It has cutscenes and isn't Shitch exclusive therefore it isn't a game

Attached: 1564415113457.png (644x800, 14K)

Not like the gameplay is anything special. Shitty button mash combat interspersed with bamham detective vision and walking towards objective markers. Wow such GOTY

>Seriously using a TES game to get the point across of a game with a good narrative
For a minute there thought you'd mention something actually good like New Vegas

Attached: 1375590857003.png (396x381, 130K)

I have and it really wasn't very good. Hearts of stone was nice though.

Witcher 3 has arguably the best combat of any game this decade.

Attached: God Tier W3 Combat.webm (640x360, 2.71M)

>1 exact move that stunlocks and staggerlocks entire enemy horde
>"good combat"
LOL

Now user I love TW3 but don't be ridiculous

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 2019.03.12 - 20.15.03.01.webm (720x404, 2.94M)

5 autists on Yea Forums posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t mean it’s critically acclaimed

Sorry bud

>IF i spam light and heavy attack over and over again they have to agree with me
Lmao

I just realized I never actually did any of the pirate shit on Skellige. Fuck me I gotta replay this game

Everything about the game is pretty good except the fucking combat oh my goodness how do you make a RPG with basic ass combat like this in the year 2015

A traditional turn based RPG like Dragon Quest 11 is far more complicated then The Witcher 3. An RPG series that started in the 1980s it's more complicated.

I'm sorry I had to drop the game simply because it combat was so brain-dead I've never struggled to drop a game so badly just because everything else about it was fairly good.

Attached: ThisTriggersRoasties.jpg (1429x1796, 1.17M)

Objectively speaking, it was critically acclaimed (92 on Metacritic) and is widely seen as the GOTD.

Attached: GOATborne.png (1680x610, 323K)

It's F2P on PC; you can stop liking it now.

How could ANYBODY play B&W and still hate this game?

Attached: ss_af8dc57a5f2989c6cd50088bf74d243370855a10.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 974K)

A good excuse would be not to play it on the switch. A decent part of the appeal is seeing it maxed out to all hell and back because it's still somewhat demanding. The switch version is going to shit all over the visuals because it simply wasn't designed to play on that hardware no matter whether or not it's going to be on there.

Haven't played 1 or 2 yet even though I've owned them for years

i got it dirt cheap
killed the griffin
then never picked it up again for some reason

Most of the people who bitch about the game never made it past White Orchard

I have

Attached: maxresdefault[3].jpg (1280x720, 133K)

>How could ANYBODY play B&W
Fantastic question.

white orchard is the best part of W3

>play
>game

see

>is widely seen as the GOTD.
Lol

Fromtards still seething 4 years later lol

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 12.40.45 PM.png (1560x280, 137K)

probably, both are the most overrated wRPG/jRPG of this generation respectively

Because every single gameplay system is either mediocre or bad.
Yes, the graphics, story, dialogue, music, atmosphere, world building, lore, etc etc is pretty brilliant, but when your game has shit gameplay, why would I play it?

>Cutscenes bad!

Attached: 1566313796865.png (805x851, 89K)

>26 hours of cutscenes

It's a great cinematic experience but it isn't a game.

But you can literally choose to do a B&W playthrough from the get go.

>Persona 5
>Game

Attached: 1551810711207.jpg (738x302, 106K)

the main story is absolute garbage after the bloody baron

Name one RPG that has everything good you mentioned on top of also having good gameplay. The gameplay is serviceable and it is still the best system in any RPG to date. Before W3 we had to deal with the fucking abortion that was W2, the clunky ass turn based shit from games like KOTOR and old cRPG games, the complete ass that is the combat system from FO:NV, etc.

I think pong is more your speed since it's excels at the one area you're so obsessed with. Games are about the whole package. Not the one detail you obsess over until your collective autism has blown an artery.

i played it for like 6-8 hours on the ps4 and i wasnt pleased at all.

> The Battle System was Medicore and kinda reminded me of Ryse.
> The fact that you have to read the books to now what happend is shit
> Music was dope tho. Not gonna lie. I love it

Wrong

Did you personally play it though?
Because they gameplay LOOKS shit but it actually is pretty fun to play.
This is coming from an auto-contrarian that gave it a try and now I'm 300 hours deep.

It's boring shit.

Oh that's nice you haven't played it now fuck off.

It doesn't have shitty gameplay
Its a shitty meme created by bloodborne fags so their game doesn't seem so shit in comparison.

>cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes

BAH

Attached: 1549056740128.jpg (1912x1080, 594K)

The final battle with Eredin was underwhelming yeah but outside of that everything is fucking great. The bloody baron quest is great yeah but there's also lots of other amazing shit as well. Pretty much anything in Novigrad is absolute GOAT, that part where you go around looking for Dandelion's lovers is also fantastic and fun as shit. The whole conspiracy with Radovid, the Crones, hunting down Whoreson. The entirety of HoS is also amazing

Get out. Get the fuck out.

Attached: PEAK combat.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

I did, multiple times

Attached: 1535763548875.png (370x370, 12K)

They do this for every game release with any semblance of a story these days.

the fact that you think snipping a few yt search results invalidates a game from being a game shows how lazy and braindead you are.

>but outside of that everything is fucking great
>complete lack of scoi'etal despite them being a major part of the previous games
>radovid becomes wild for no reason, his wife who transforms into a beast is ignored
>ciri's asspull powers plot device
>geralt being a rider completely dropped
game's story was largely bad. White orchard and B&W were good though. Don't know why people jerk off HoS, it's a generic deal with the devil kind of shit

I love both Dark Arisen and TW3. I'm more gamer than you.

Only reason anyone even likes this game is because it was seen as the next skyrim.

I played Witcher 2 on 360 and could not care for it

mediocre game worshiped by sweaty nerds and unfit people alike.

Attached: 1451710461309s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

Sounds more like you're a zoomer who hasn't played enough to form his own tastes yet.

Skyrim was good, though.

Played it, didn't like it and uninstalled it. Sorry mate.

This game is a perfect example of how good writing can make players overlook shitty game mechanics. If Cyberpunk doesnt have the same level of writing then we are in for a rough ride. Just an IMO

Back to facebook, normie zoomer

the gameplay is a fucking trash, story and characters alone won't hold me to play it on PC, only on youtube

I'm a '91.
I never listen to any opinion on here and I just try shit out. Unlike you.

It has lite RPG elements (in terms of customising your player character/party) and most of the focus is on a pre-set protagonist and story/cinematics.
I think Famitsu did a poll of Japan's favourite RPGs and The Witcher 3 is the only western game to make it into the list. Probably because it has the spirit of a JRPG

>radovid becomes wild for no reason
>for no reason
He was fucking deranged all the way back to TW1, did you even play any game before 3? Not to mention the fact that he's constantly paranoid because not only is he fighting a losing war against Emhyr, he also needs to be on the lookout for sorceresses and with good fucking reason due to all the havok they caused in TW2

>complete lack of scoi'etal despite them being a major part of the previous games
This is actually kinda odd. The main conflict was obviously no longer with the squirrels but you'd think there would be some kind of resistance pockets and you'd come across some quest where you could possibly convince scoia'tael to fight either against or for the Nilfgaardians

Only played 2 and didn't really like it. Never played 1 so I didn't get any of the story but even without that it's not very interesting nor is the witcher setting in general. Gameplay gets boring quickly too. The one good thing is it's not really open world.

But the Witcher has always been like that. There's little to nothing you can do to customize Geralt across all games. The biggest aspect to this has always been the combat, where you stick to either alchemy, signs or sword combat or some mix of all three (which wasn't really possible until TW3 to pull off in a viable manner)

jesus, fromdrones are so sad

>He was fucking deranged all the way back to TW1
no he wasn't, he was very level headed. His dislike of the lodge was justified in 2. He goes full retard in 3

Tried witcher 2 and watched plenty of gameplay videos of this one to know I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't know how you can like this and Dark Arisen.

Maybe not deranged but you could already see he was a bit cuckoo. In 2 Roche even says something about Radovid's declining mental state. And going full retard is really not all that far fetched, imagine that suddenly out of nowhere there's this fuckhuge invasion coming your way and you have literally 0 allies left because those bitches at the lodge destabilized the entire region so now you have to watch your back every fucking second because you don't know when someone is gonna sneak up on you. I mean shit Foltest was killed right in front of Geralt's eyes, who the fuck would be safe if you got murdered while a god damned witcher was acting as your personal bodyguard?

Most popular WRPGs have been influenced by JRPGs, in terms of valuing cinematic elements and pre-determined stories/characters, because that's how you make lots of money.

Fallout 4 is a good example of this. Just pure cinematic melodrama with a pre-set player character who loves his wife and son. It actually isn't a huge leap from the original Fallout, where your character is pre-determined in the sense that he obviously cares about his Vault and wants to go and save it, but it's all in the presentation, it makes that pre-determined motivation way more overt. JRPGs are/were good at presentation and visual storytelling (at their best, anyway) and that's really what WRPGs have tried to copy

Dark Arisen has the best gameplay and design, but TW3 has better everything else.

>JRPGs are/were good at presentation and visual storytelling

Attached: 12213248328.jpg (3009x1569, 830K)

Of course. Those people giving the awards probably never got past father Gascoigne so guess which game they will "enjoy" better?

Attached: Cuphead-Journalist.jpg (640x360, 28K)

>Cherrypicking from Final Shitasy

Both the gameplay and story are literally Blues Clues.
Combat is the most horrendous implementation of the "soulslike" formula ever
All NPCs look the same and serve 0 purpose, the world is oversaturated and and packet to the brim with boring bandit/monster camps that are completely unrewarding
It could qualify as the most overrated game of the generation

Play Kingdom Come for true Slav kino

Attached: 58531f84120000c40beef91f.jpg (690x527, 51K)

If we're talking about visuals, the one of the right is much more inspired than the one of the left. VISUAL storytelling is very different from well-written backstories told to us through text.

JRPGs were very good at visual presentation, that's the reason they became a powerhouse. WRPGs had much more involved and interesting game mechanics and generally better writing, but that doesn't sell games

the PSN rate for the Gascoigne trophy is low.

Like 45% low

>Play Kingdom Come
You mean that /pol/ pandering trash? No thanks

>the most overrated game of the generation

Attached: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (357x399, 65K)

Attached: jrpg vs wrpg.png (1596x4682, 2.96M)

>You mean that /pol/ pandering trash?
Dilate by having sex

Attached: 1562243200582.gif (340x198, 1.66M)

How about the fact that I'm just not interested?

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 vs Baldur's Gate.jpg (1596x4464, 1.6M)

>regarded by jRPG fans as one of the greatest games ever made
>AI requires no input
this is already incorrect, not going to bother with the rest

>regarded by jRPG fans as one of the greatest games ever made
Everyone on Yea Forums proclaims it as the second coming.

Yeah, that version is the version Eric, a troll who hates Xenoblade 2, loves to spam.

you're clearly new here, XC2 isn't even considered the best jRPG of 2017 on here, let alone of all time

nah that retard killed himself or something, this is wRPGfag

>XC2 isn't even considered the best jRPG of 2017 on here
Wrong.

It is considered to be a good game

it's persona 5 based off multiple strawpolls, #2 is a toss up with nier automata or XC2

yes, not considered as one of the greatest jRPGs ever like that image stated

Persona 5 is one of Yea Forums's most hated games.

>#2 is nier automata
the absolute state of japanese "RPGs"

Dilate

>Persona 5 is one of Yea Forums's most hated games.

2-3 people bitching over and over doesn't mean Yea Forums hates it.

A hated game on Yea Forums would be something that is downright bad and has nothing that can redeem it. Like pic related

Attached: fuck you sakamoto.jpg (640x898, 83K)

Why bother playing an open world RPG without deep customization features?

>>regarded by jRPG fans as one of the greatest games ever made
How is it incorrect, considering you were such a desperate fanboy of the game that you took an image that made fun of XB2 and misleadingly edited it to make XB2 look good?

Attached: 1550323112633.jpg (629x419, 53K)

You first.

Attached: Bloodborne versus Nier.jpg (2560x1440, 431K)

It's telling when one of the shallowest combat systems by platinum games is still better than the combat from wRPG top dogs

If my opinion is the deciding factor on quality, then I decree all cRPGs to be trash

>It's telling when one of the shallowest combat systems by platinum games is still better than the combat from wRPG top dogs

>witcher 3
>wrpg top dog
Even 20-year old western shovelware games have better combat than the witcher 3.

Attached: Severance 1.webm (480x360, 644K)

It's too long and I hate WRPGs in general

How is Nier's combat shallow?

Attached: elvisSmoke.png (760x635, 421K)

>nier:a can't be good because it's not bloodborne

Attached: Space Jam.gif (480x358, 1.14M)

Nier's combat is deep as shit, it's the enemy design that drags it down.

He's saying it's shallow compared to other Platinum games

I like Nier A, but how is it even an RPG? It's a Platinum action game. Most of their games have upgrade elements.

Reading comprehension. He said it's shallow for a platinum game. It's still miles above shit like witcher though.

This but unironically. Nier is unplayable, after come off of Bloodborne.

Based.

The lines between arpg and action game with rpg elements gets more blurry every day.

Bloodborne and souls games are shit compared to games like dragon's dogma.

Yeah, I'm thinking this post is based.

Attached: Dragon's Dogma - Golem.webm (900x506, 2.97M)

I wasn't referring to witcher 3

>dodge an extremely telegraphed attack and instant kill
is this supposed to be good? wRPG standards are really low

is this supposed to be good? the enemy flails like a retard striking at air, followed by a slow as shit jump attack into an instant kill

Im actually playing it right now after finally getting around to finishing 2 last week. I've seriously spent the last 3 days still in Velen. Haven't even went to the Isles or anywhere else yet. It's quiet possible this game literally has to much shit to do. It's one kino quest after another.

Fuck Novigrad though. Whoever thinks overdesigned cities where you need to stare at a map to navigate anywhere is a good idea should kill themselves.

>instant kill
because it's a very weak enemy

Also, I hope you're not implying the attacks in your average Soulsborrne game aren't telegraphed from miles away.

DD fags really need a place to vent
yall come into every thread on more popular games and lament over how forgotten your game is
im not shitting on it, but come on

Attached: 1564359103930.jpg (327x343, 19K)

not to the degree of that enemy, no

Weak bait, lad.

Attached: AbyssWatchers.webm (960x540, 2.57M)

he's wrong but so are you for comparing a boss to a regular enemy. You can find many enemies in das3 with less telegraphed attacks. Abyss watchers are shit BTW, 0 healthpool no poise

Mmmm feels good to blow shitty breath of the gay away. Game of the decade for sure.

Attached: 1ACA6D49-F913-4653-84E6-B33055D3090E.png (494x506, 15K)

I remembered bloodborne looking better than this

Based and n'wahpilled.

Don't waste your time getting every question mark unless you seriously don't have anything better to do with your life. Do the contracts, side quests and main quests and move on. And play gwent.

Why in the fuck would anyone play this shit on a Switch? The Switch can barely handle Fire Emblem cutscenes.

nintendies are brainwashed into thinking trash performance is ok because it's portable

It's mind baffling. I borrowed this shit from a coworker and holy fuck it sucks. Worst Nintendo console by far. Those chink fucks never learn. Just make a good console already so we don't have to play slideshows at 240p.

>trash performance is ok because it's portable
This but unironically.

I agree, hopefully the new president sees it our way instead of the shit iwata spewed out

I had to turn everything off and drop resolution to 1280x720 so I don't risk zapping my 960. The game still looks pretty good honestly. I say this cuz I'm sure the switch would also probably have it at 720p.

There is no excuse for XC2 in portable mode

>game of the generation
In the same way 9/11 is the plane ride of the generation, I suppose, yeah

That's no way to play a game user :(

>everyone just kinda stands there awkwardly
10/10 GOTY ALL YEARS

this pretty much sums it up honestly

honestly even TES has much better gameplay than the witcher

I'm still enjoying it very much and think it still looks fine. Never been a huge graphics fag to begin with. I could probably turn it up a bit but the card is 3 years old and I'm a poorfag. :(

I disagree. Any game similar to AssCreed or Batman in terms of combat is automatically shit.

Well, so long as it's fun for you user. Still, when you have the money for an upgrade. Do it, you won't regret it.

>Yakuza is bad

You mean Yakuza the movie?

>Yakuza
>Movie
Nice meme.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>enemies stand around doing nothing
when will this meme end?

I've played them before as well nigger. MOVIE GAME.

Say what you want about cinematic experiences but the Witcher games have some of the funniest scenes. I swear every other convo is just sarcastic banter with excellent facial expressions.

some moron loves to spam the "YAKZUA HAS 10 HOURS OF CUTSCENES" image

ingoring that fact that a single Playthrough of any Yakuza game can be AT LEAST 50 hours, minimum

Quit playing Movies faggot. Go watch a movie instead.

>posts a webm of enemies standing around doing nothing
Nice movie you got there.

Attached: Yakuza 0 QTEs.webm (640x360, 2.17M)

Attached: Yakuza 6 QTE.webm (1920x1080, 2.57M)

I did. Ending was extremely disappointing.

i dont like the control feel. it's like your on autopilot

Might as well ask here. Why does it crush so often on my PS4 pro? I even lost some items.

Ps4 sucks

Yeah ok, besides that. It's the only game i've had so many issues with, just wanna know if others had the same problems desu.

Yeah, I’ve played Dark Souls

not at all, your console might be fucked, or you need an update. I think it crash for having too many alchemy items in your bag or some shit like that.

I got the console recently (kinda) and as i said i haven't had any issues with other games and both the game and the console are fully updated. It could be the items, will keep an eye for it, thanks user.

Based.

It's sad we got to a point where literal sports and driving games like Madden, MLB the Show and F1 games have vastly more actual RPG elements than shitty dumbed down action games like Witcher 3.

you Nintensoys don't even deserve it. I don't know how they ever managed to port this game on that Fisher Price tablet but they actually did it.