Why does Yea Forums want to hate this game so much?

Why does Yea Forums want to hate this game so much?

Attached: ds.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

Too poor to afford all consoles and a PC basically. If anyone says anything else they're wrong.

I don't, it looks kino as fuck.

But then again I'm not a fuckboi zoomer.

Attached: 1565778876773.png (629x446, 14K)

because the wounds from MGSV and PT still hurt

>game

Yea Forums is so right wing that it intensely defends corporations, so back when konami hate was all over the net, Yea Forums constantly said they were based and kojima is a hack

This still holds to this day, as Yea Forums still hates kojima out of loyalty for konami, a studio that doesn't even make games anymore.

Attached: 19487e140f15f607f0a49c09fde62fe8d9dbdccev2_hq.jpg (201x251, 11K)

MGSV had solid gameplay along Kojombo bullshit, this one seems not having even this.

Because we already have seen 10 minutes of gameplay in total from all the trailers and that's enough to form an opinion.
Also KOJIMBO SUUUUCKS HURRRR

The controls in MGSV were godlike, but the actual gameplay was pretty bland. There is absolutely nothing to do outside of collecting soldiers except find new animals to collect or pick up herbs around landing zones. Most missions were bland and irrelevant and the story was shit.

Also the Jeep segment, kek.

Opinions of the game would do a 180 if it were announced for PC

It is pretty easy to see why.

Attached: 1563419095414.jpg (2048x1944, 557K)

user, stop drinking gasoline before posting here.

Switch babies wont be able to play it, like with 80% of new games

I just picked up the horse and did the missions, never cared about the "story", the base and other side stuff.

Kojima's storytelling has been declining while his audience is outgrowing him. Game might be nice but it looks like the sort of nonsense we've come to expect from the guy.

I'm going to have to say I don't believe you.

Attached: burn-net31790.jpg (500x713, 99K)

Because still mad about Phantom Pain

>Kojima is a shlock writer
>Hollywood dick sucking

Not him but I've seen apologists for Activision, ea, AND EVEN NEXON on here

Hell the nexon apologist thread is up as we speak

It triggers a lot of groups
1. PC, Xbox, and Nintendo loyalists
2. Former Kojima-fans who are salty about MGSV being unfinished
3. Anti-Kojima who are irritated by the endless praise given to the Metal Gear franchise and Kojima himself
4. Ludo purists who despise cinematic vidya

what's a ludo?

Yea Forums's sick of being disappointed by overhyped games

Because Yea Forums can never be satisfied and Yea Forums doesn't like comfy games. 90% of people who were disappointed were expecting shooting and explosions from the trailer

Kino = Movies
Ludo = Games

If this game didn't have Kojima's name and drama around it you'd have thread after thread talking about how "comfy" it is.

ah, nice, thanks

Don't forget poor people.

>sony exclusive on nintengaf
What do you think?

>4. Ludo purists who despise cinematic vidya
That group is interested in death stranding, youre actually retarded if you think that everything that has been revealed about the game points to it being even remotely "cinematic"

Because its a walking simulator with a pretentious story.

Honestly, because I know Yea Forums will be disappointed and I want to prepare (You) for it.
The goal is to chart a path from settlement to settlement. So you spend 90% of your time walking towards an objective marker on the horizon.
Every so often you encounter an obstacle, be it a chasm (deploy a bridge), a cliff (deploy ladder), or a pack of enemies (run away or press square to punch face).
Sometimes you'll get a vehicle, and conveniently the next stretch of landscape will be conducive to driving across. Then it will run out of magic fuel at a convenient spot and you will be back to walking.
Occasionally you'll be funneled to a marked location and you'll get a cutscene with sparse dialogue. Or you'll be walking through a patch of swamp or a rocky area and some darkness will descend and you'll fight one of three or four bosses that is each encountered several times (think fiery volgin or the skulls from mgsv, or the spooky fridge lady from the evil within 2).
Then you'll reach the settlement and get some more cutscenes before you set off for the next one.
Repeat until you've crossed the entire US (obviously not true scale, but it will take a number of hours of play to reach each objective). The only remaining surprise is the various environments - rocky grassland to thick woodland to desert.
The shadow realm stuff is more traditional shooty-sneaky through levels to reach the exit point/macguffin and return to the land of the living.
The game will be boring and anticlimactic. Disappointing. Obviously games journos and normies will lap it up like the cumsluts they are.

it's a peeing simulator

It's only pretentious if you're sub 90 iq.

Because we have been shown no reason to be excited for it. The game awards trailer with the weird monsters looked cool but everything shown since then has been pretty generic but with Kojima words thrown over it to make it sound unique. Gameplay wise we have been shown nothing even remotely interesting yet. And with release only a few months away, that's getting less and less forgivable.
Not spoiling is one thing, but you need to at least say what the actual game is, this game doesn't have an elevator pitch, its so far just been "Celebrities saying silly nonsense while Norman Reedus walks from point A to point B". Yes weve seen guns and vehicles but nothing that doesn't still look just like any shitshow Ubisoft pumps out. There's no hook or reason to care about the game at all besides kojima and some cool looking CG trailers that don't tell us anything about the actual game itself.

kino

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, it's because MGSV wasn't a movie about Big Boss murdering children.
Yea Forums was set on hating this game the moment it was announced at any cost.
Remember how people would call it vaporware up until the release date was announced, even though it had only been in development for 3 years?

And considering how desperate Yea Forums was to believe that "Demon Edition" bullshit and how they would take literally anything as long as it's called MGS, I bet if DS was called MGS6 everyone here would be hyped for it.

Attached: 1547346421648.jpg (320x216, 16K)

It's fucking Yea Forums what else do you expect from this board full of mouthbreather dilate retards?

Someone finally put it into words last night.

If it's bad, one of two things will happen.

>it receives GOTY, exposing the game awards as fraudulent and keightley can no longer hide that he's taking money under the table
>keightley doesn't give it GOTY and he loses kojima's under-the-table paychecks

It'd just be the perfect shitshow that will finally expose how garbage the industry has become.

Oh, and by the way, don't even bother with the ones who talk about gameplay, remember that MGSV was the MGS game with most gameplay of them all and people shat on it anyway precisely because it had no story, while defending MGS1, 2 and 3, which are movie games with awful gameplay.
The only reason they attack DS for the gameplay is because it's not shown, if it was, they would just find another excuse to shit on it.
For all of Yea Forums's talk lately of being masculine and shitting on women, people here sure behave like a bunch of hormonal teenagers on their period.

It's even more hilarious how Yea Forums is so stupidly asshurt at this game due to MGSV not being a movie that people hate on Kojima even more than on SJWs, and would even go to act like SJWs to shit on Quiet saying
>WAHH, WHY DOES SHE HAVE NO CLOTHES

MGS fanbase is absolute cancer, and Yea Forums would improve immensely if all discussion related to Kojima, MGS or Death Stranding was banned.

Attached: 1543346785437.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

Because Yea Forums hates everything good.

What do you do in it? The graphics look great but all I have seen is pissing and milkies.

>keightley doesn't give it GOTY and he loses kojima's under-the-table paychecks
What checks?
MGSV didn't get the GOTY anyway.

>remember that MGSV was the MGS game with most gameplay of them all
and with the worst/ practically nonexistent gameplay so good job killing whatever retard argument youre whipping up, didnt even read the rest

Get a load of this retard

>If it's bad
Haha

>and with the worst/ practically nonexistent gameplay
What the hell does this even mean?
See?
MGS drones are incapable of making coherent thoughts because they get obnoxiously angry at the idea of MGS having one entry that isn't a fucking movie with 15 hours of cutscenes and half an hour of gameplay, which only stands out for being some of the worst in the stealth genre.

Seriously, whoever was the gameplay director of the first three MGS games must have never played a single videogame before, it's an embarassment that a franchise built on these foundations managed to live on for more than 25 years.

Newfags that would unironically rather play CoD.

It looks like shit. That's my honest opinion. You can't do anything about it.

Cope, all of the MGS games had kino gameplay and better map design than 'm-m-muh Splinter Cell' and 'm-m-muh Thief' which you will inevitably shit out of your mouth after reading this post

Are you fucking braindead?

>See?
>MGS drones are incapable
I shouldnt even reply to you at all since youre clearly a little kid who cant actually argue and instantly pounces on whatever epic ad hominem filled your """"brain"""" but then again im always happy to humiliate some TPPajeet

>they get obnoxiously angry at the idea of MGS having one entry that isn't a fucking movie
All metal gear solid has was its gimmicks, TPP took out everything that made the little gameplay that was there in past games compete at all with other games of similar genres and added nothing but a completely empty open world, extremely undercooked retard mechanics like buddies (again copying and losing to other franchises) and shoving literal mobile game mechanics into the game to have any type of illusion of gameplay at all because if the carrot on a stick of building the base (for what? to make more mobile game developments) wasnt there it would reveal even further how fucking shallow and bad the game is

The only thing TPP has is "muh freedoms" (or so the TPPajeets say) but in reality it loses out to every actual milsim or immersive sim in whatever it tries to do because your epic "freedom" is a skin deep illusion of whether or not to take this item that produces noise or that more costly item that produces noise, or both to pad out your game breaking kit. The """gameplay""" loop for every single mission in TPP is receiving a voiceover that tells you to destroy or extract X thing (extract whenever X can be fultoned no matter what is initially said), you travel across the retardedly empty open world to the objective, fulton anything that isnt tied down and fulton the objective itself. The greatest development this retard formula gets is when the mission tells you to move across the barren land between multiple fultonable objectives in a row

It removed EVERYTHING that made the other already laughed at MGS games videogames. No level design, encounter design, bosses etc etc

Think about it for a second, people postponed suicides and literally, unironically lost their minds to MGSV being disappointing. I am not surprised DS it being shitposted into the ground. I, for one, am interested in it and will judge with controller in hand when it releases. Will it be good? Good. Will it be shit? Too bad, on to the next game.

Attached: vipper.jpg (509x371, 34K)

Kojima was making, much less playing, videogames before you were even born.
That being said yes Kojima is a movie fan first and while his games still had good gameplay his priority clearly took a turn for more movieshit pandering lately.
Despite this, MGSV had fantastic gameplay, the game was actually hated because there was not enough cinematic and story.

>Why does Yea Forums want to hate this game so much?
I want the game to fail so Hideo will admit he made it just to hang out with celebs for a few years.

Oh no no no

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-125734_Firefox.jpg (1080x1055, 319K)

>his games still had good gameplay
>MGSV had fantastic gameplay

Attached: 1562692427153.png (441x302, 58K)

He specifically talked about Multiplayer only titles because they are fucking deserted haha.

I thrive on seeing projects fail out of spite. I will shitpost this game on here for as long as I live because gullible faggots with weak wills will get swayed and subconsciously hate the game

Travelling to an objective is exactly what you do in every MGS you raging brainlet, what are you even trying to say

MGSV’s gameplay wasn’t fantastic. It had good controls, but it had shit level design which is unforgivable in a stealth game.

That's how it starts user soon the Onions company will want more of that PC money ^_^

Kojima hasn't made a good game since MGS3. Everything since then have been interactive movies. I don't know why he doesn't just stop making games and make a movie already.

Exclusive to the PlayStation 4.

Yes, im certainly going to give another 2000k key reply to this fucking cringelord autism, try again mouthbreather

Nope. It will be coming to PC.
And God Bless Kojima for it.

I’m annoyed at the hype train that’s lasted for basically the entire console generation with nothing to show for itself but more B-list TV celebrities I don’t know or care about and a minute of boring gameplay.

>kino gameplay
Stealth games where you can't walk crouched and where you unironically have a top down camera, a decision so stupid that they had to give you the soliton radar to counter the fact that you can't see what's 10 feet in front you.
It's maybe the worst game design i've seen in the stealth genre, and some of the worst in videogames.

>All metal gear solid has was its gimmicks
And they were crap that didn't add anything to the game, they were terrible videogames with terrible gameplay that were cut constantly by cutscenes and codec calls, the last of which are just a way to have even more cutscenes without overworking animators.

>It removed EVERYTHING that made the other already laughed at MGS games videogames.
They weren't videogames, they were movies, the gameplay in previous MGS turds was an afterthought of the pointless story, of which the only good part is that I could skip the cutscenes.

>his priority clearly took a turn for more movieshit pandering lately.
It didn't, MGS1, 2, 3 and 4 are the peak of his focus on movie games.
With PW and MGSV he's been moving away from that, something respectable since videogames with no gameplay are nothing.

>the game was actually hated because there was not enough cinematic and story.
And that's MGS' cancerous legacy, now every single videogame needs cutscenes and a plot.

Not vidya

This board has more zoomers in it, people ranging from ages 16-18, who came here when younger and got taught that it was cool to hate everything. Anyone worth a fuck, feelings about Kojima aside, has to at least admit this game is trying to bring something new and different to the stagnant industry of games.

It's not just a bunch of weird shit for the sake of it. The theme is "connections", but Kojima makes it very literal in the game. The concepts of other realms he uses are not complex at all and the game takes a different approach to how you survive and what you do as a video game character. You will deliver packages to settlements to try and reconnect humans again, while avoiding the ghosts from the other side and the lovecraftian nightmare monsters that lurk within it.

I think Kojima fucked up with MGSV by indulging in his fetish for Hollywood a bit too much, but at the same time he was tired of MGS. I see this as a chance for him to make up for it, and at the same time, a chance for people to actually play something new and original for the first time in years.

cope wrpg-kun, you exposed yourself as a redditor.
You have no right to talk about thief, splinter cell, hitman or any other game series.

Because its trying to hard to be the "special one" but just ends up looking retarded, which hits too close to home.

>I think Kojima fucked up with MGSV by indulging in his fetish for Hollywood a bit too much
Fucking how?
It's the least movie game of all, it's the only MGS that actually fills the definition of "videogame".

Yea Forums was riding Kojima dick when MGSV trailers were airing and nothing good came out of it.

see

>wrpg
Aside from Mass Effect I don't play too many WRPGs.

It's just the phantom pain effect nothing much user

MGSV’s theme was “race.” Did you get anything insightful about “race” from MGSV?

Will this be his make or break game?

it's simply the latest contrarian craze

>brainlet calls anything that takes brain power to get pretentious
Kill yourself

t. kojimadrone cope

YOU WILL FEEL ASHAME OF YOUR WORDS AND DEEDS...

Attached: you-will-feel-ashamed-of-your-words-and-deeds.webm (406x720, 1.95M)

Just end yourself

Attached: e35705584fa56d7f4a8c3b041e4a99b00a2aad8736cc2a9ea3f0e0b8e6aa5fbb.gif (550x550, 305K)

I like Death Stranding

Attached: 1449354650584.png (1070x848, 583K)

>I like a game that hasn't come out yet

Hey Geoff, how's the depression treating you?

thiefcucks seething.

so this is the type of "person" who cries about death stranding? im thinking kojima is back

Hate? I don't give a shit.
More wondering why Yea Forums wants to hype up some literal who's walking simulator so much.