Persona 4

Should I try it out ?
I only played SMT IV on my 3DS and I find this game really amazing. I never play any Persona game, and since i'm lonely fuck, I wouldn't mind some friendship faggotry in my life

Attached: da gayem.jpg (189x267, 22K)

do whatever you want dude. i'm not gonna tell you how to live your life, thats up to you bro.

Play it and form your own opinion, or don’t. I don’t give a fuck what some anonymous incel plays.

based

Attached: the_king.png (300x334, 104K)

P4 is good but play Golden if possible.

It's a fun RPG, play it
Why are you asking if you should play a generally well-received RPG anyhow

Best JRPG of all time.

Start with Persona 5, it’s the best Persona game.

You should try SMT IV: Apocolypes if you liked SMT IV.
Persona isnt like smt. The combat is more simplified and the dungeons are generally shorter. the dungeons are honestly shit for p3 and p4.
You get characters where you have to form bonds and make the right dialog choices to help you with fusions.
I personally was put off by characters that dont shut the fuck up. Persona games have plenty of them and you kinda need to pay attention to progress.

>Has only played persona 5

Investigation Team, Phantom Thieves, or S.E.E.S.?

Go for it. If you like it try P3 and P5 too.

This. Golden is the best way to play it imo. Have fun op.

>best story: p3
>best characters: p4
>best gameplay: p5

all being said, p4 was the only one i actually cried when i got the true ending without walkthroughs[/spoilers] and saw the credits roll

Yikes

I’ve played most MegaTen games

>best story: p3
>best characters: p4
Imagine actually holding these opinions

provide your best story and characters user

Attached: 1564169983410.jpg (639x586, 29K)

you'll regret it like I did

Most people hold those opinions

best story: 1
best characters: 2

>best story: 1
Obvious contrarian post, 2's story is vastly superior

P5 and P5, with P2 as a close runner up for them
P3/4 have no story and their characters are absolute shit overrated to high hell

>P4 has no story
>Loves P5's story which blatantly rehashes 4's

you got me there, I didn't actually play persona 1 yet, 2 is easily the best one though

You cannot be this retarded. You really can’t.

P3: themes of death, apathy, futility and the trauma that bonds them
P4: themes of truth, injustice, intrigue, collective unconscious

come on man, just say you dont like them if thats the case, "lolnostory" just makes you look like a troll

Stop talking about games you've never played before

Can you remove or at least adjust the blur or ghosting whenever u move on free roam? it's been bothering me alot and makes me dizzy after a while.

>muh themes
That doesn’t mean anything when they don’t do anything with it’s supposed deep themes. Explain how you listing a bunch of vague adjectives means that the story of P3/4 have any substance.
Fuck off I’ve played more MegaTen games than you and I can tell you P5 is the best Persona by a long shot

4 is a watered down 3 that doesn't have the streamlined nature of 5, it's the worst of nu-sona and the worst entry point out of them

OP her.
How can I emulate P4 on my PC ? are there any good PSP\PS2 emulators ?
I heard that P1 is mostly typical JRPG setting. But I heard a lot of good things about P2.

Attached: 1544809674261.png (192x192, 16K)

Should I get an undub?

>lol p3/p4 have nostory
yes they do, the stories are about this and that
>lol whut does that even MAEN?!?

i take it you concede the argument

P1 isn’t really a typical JRPG setting I don’t know where you heard that. P5 is the best entry point though

>P4 on PC
use PCSX2 if you want the PS2 version, I'm not sure if any good PSPVita emulators exist at the moment
Persona 2 is a pretty great experience, the gameplay is just as shallow and boring as in every single other persona but the characters are endearing and the plot is batshit insane

You listed a bunch of vague adjectives, try actually explaining how the story is good. That’s like you asking me if a movie is good and I tell you “comedy, romance, betrayal, war, loss, sadness, brotherhood” and then I call that an argument for a good story. Not to mention most of the themes you listed apply to P5 as well.

It's pretty fun

I don't understand how anyone can look past the shit gameplay of 1 and 2. At least there are ways around it in the rest.

you said they had no story, now you're saying the story is bad, way to move your goalposts

They have better gameplay than P3 and P4

dunno about 1, but you can pretty much press X and win every battle in 2, with that being said I had much more fun playing 2 than 4

Listing vague thematic adjectives does not mean they have a story. Especially when they do nothing with those themes and retards like you just regurgitate these same 5 adjectives for those games as if they make them deep or something.

>name calling
well, now that we've moved to the bottom of the pyramid of debate, i know that you have no vaild arguments left and will quietly enjoy my victory. dont bother replying as i wont be checking this thread anymore

This is the most insecure response I’ve ever received in my many years of posting. You just proved you have no argument at all.

1 is a tedious dungeon crawler with random encounters every 5 steps. They don't even explain the complicated persona system very well. I haven't played 2, but it's shit too from what I've heard so I didn't even bother with it. At least you can run away in 3 and 4 and exploit the enemy easily.