Fire Emblem Three Houses has sold 800k digitally

Probably over a total of 1 million by now

Attached: IMG_20190820_101749.png (462x622, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18509600
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190730_2e.pdf
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YxO6zrNmihk
youtube.com/watch?v=tr3F8LXayt4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Ug6f23HSQ
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
dualshockers.com/persona-5-copies-sold/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn, I think it's actually over 2.

Nintendo does not release it's digital sales until quarterly(?) investment reviews. That number is an estimate.

Judging by the tweet, I guess that's good numbers for this franchise? I genuinely don't know, since there are games like KH3 that sell five million within two weeks, but I'm not being sarcastic either way. If this satisfies Nintendo in terms of sales, I'm genuinely happy for everyone involved, especially since this game succeeded while doing away with some elements that some people found weird, like the child characters that are more or less the same age as their parents because time shenanigans.

It's satisfying by Fire Emblem standards, but it's no AAA title sales probably. At best it'll be at the bottom of Nintendo's quaterly investment review, and even then it would have to have sold over about 3 million, since thats where the current bottom " best sellers " are shown.

Post awakening cáncer is finally over tand nobody will miss u waifu faggots

As long as it sells over one million, its sales are reported, even if it's outside of the top ten.

My bad.

FATESWAKENING TRANNIES BTFO

Attached: ferankings.jpg (1216x1704, 813K)

>reddit rankings

Attached: 1566168583406.jpg (429x1047, 52K)

Hope you guys are ready for even more Fire Emblem representation in everything.
Marth for Mario Tennis confirmed!

Attached: Son of the Pepe.png (801x767, 109K)

The power of the voucher.

It is over a 1 million if you add the physical copies, that is pretty good for most video game franchises.

How would they even know?

Not according to Square Enix.
Game only sold 100 million units?
Abject failure, we were targeting 1 billion.

It's probably closer to 2 million if the 800k is accurate because Nintendos typical physical/digital ratio is like like 60/40.

Its the same (You) ranking posted in nearly every FE thread that's not exclusively Three Houses

Difference is scale of the budget. Something like KH3 would be part of a budgeting line up (2-3 various games).

KH3 in that case is expected to make up the loss of the other titles (hitman, tomb raider, etc). That's why you hear about "AAA game needs to sell 10 billion copies".

Fates in total sold around 2.8 millions

So it looks like 3H will shatter that record? Unless sales are extremely frontloaded. 800k was only for July and it came out end of July.

Awakening and Birthright are the best FE games.

I wouldnt mind playing tennis with Robin.

It depends on the investment really. As far as Fire Emblem goes this one has a higher budget than usual, but they will probably make their money back since it still doesnt look like a AAA game or anything like that. Not to mention, the characters being more popular mean more retards spend money on the mobile game, cipher, etc, though the later probably doesnt drive all that much revenue

This is why I brought it up early in this thread. Some game companies have had crazy expectations for sales in recent years and wind up declaring projects failures even if they sell multi-millions, though specific examples are escaping me. Still, this has been happening all over the industry, like how Heroes of the Storm over at Blizzard had its most successful year of all time before Blizzard killed the project off entirely because while it was successful, it wasn't 'successful enough to justify keeping devs on the project when they could be used elsewhere.

>So it looks like 3H will shatter that record?
It should. Nintendos Fire Emblem strategy has been pretty good. Heroes really did do a great job of getting just a ton of people familiar with the series. And the fact that it's on the main platform instead of the handheld offshoot helps. That and it's just a very good game. It would be a legit GOTY contender if it's visuals were better.

Back in the Wii U era, Intelligent Systems said they didn't make a mainline Fire Emblem title on the system because it was estimated they'd need to sell at least 700k copies to be profitable. Since Switch is relatively similar to the Wii U in specs, I can't imagine that number being much higher for Three Houses, so just these initial digital sales would cover it.

Wow, it might actually outsell the enhanced port of Tropical Freeze in a decade's time

That's an interesting factor to think about. I don't often frame a developer's expectations for a single game's sales as accounting for 2-3 games worth of disc sales (assuming the products all have similar if not identical pricepoints.) Interesting, that gives me something more to consider when something like this comes up again in the future. Thanks for the info, user.

A lot of companies attempt to factor in the oppourtunity costs, but Blizzard and Square are definitely fucking terrible when it comes to that stuff. Why would Nintendo use manpower, budget, resources, advertising space, etc, for a new F-Zero game when they can opt for something like another Mario instead, that sort of shit

So which one are they gonna shove into Smash?

It was honestly a smart move I think, since Fire Emblem was still in pretty rough shape and the Wii U had a piss poor adoption rate

My actual answer is 'diversifying your content lineup is very important to keep your audience from growing bored of your product', but that's a response best directed at a developer, and unfortunately, I don't think many would like to hear that over 'invest in what people want right now and nothing but that, they will never burn out on it, don't worry about it, get money for investors NOW.'

Where do they report them? I only ever see the top ten posted.

Vote, please.
strawpoll.me/18509600

Look at the quarterly "Supplementary Information about Earnings Release", it always has a section about "Million-Seller Titles of Nintendo Products" for that quarter. The latest one for instance: nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190730_2e.pdf has it on page 5 and lists the quarterly sales of SMM2 and MK8D, which sold over a million in that quarter. Three Houses' data will be there next report whether it's on the top ten or not.

I definitely think companies should be doing more of that sort of thing. Blizzard always tries to push ESports onto shit instead of leaving things as they are and Square doesnt take interesting risks anymore which is what helped build up the brand to begin with

>Look at the quarterly "Supplementary Information about Earnings Release"
Meant to link this page: nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html

Thanks for this, had no idea it existed

So about only three or four of the games are actually good.

I've had this discussion in dedicated threads for Blizzard and the game in question, but Heroes of the Storm is the ultimate example of what you're describing. They made the most casual-friendly game in a genre that a lot of normies find scary (MOBAs), then Blizzard decided they wanted to make their casual game into hyper-competitive esports nonsense, which the community and pros found laughable because of the game's low skill ceiling, and outsiders laughed at it from afar. The whole community wanted Blizzard to embrace Heroes' casual identity and turn it into the fun bullshit Smash Bros. party game brawler of the MOBA world, full of fast-paced teamfighting, varied maps, virtually no laning phase, no item lists to memorize, exciting map objectives to fight over, and so on but instead they tried to make it into a League competitor so hard that they paid for it to be on ESPN.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxO6zrNmihk

Attached: 1484521041994.jpg (938x470, 117K)

Either Edelgard or Byleth

Attached: 1565570366590.jpg (2140x1816, 440K)

>Edgegard first
Absolutely disgusting.

Stardew valley, an indie game, has over a million digital downloads on switch.

>Square doesnt take interesting risks anymore

Attached: 2018061619584800-D0D1FD5D1C6CEA47DE7261E211A53786.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>Edelgard and Lysithea top 2
not surprised

Punished Dimitri of course.

It won't outsell Fates.

>Tfw don't have the picture of the seething Splatoon Tranny saying FE3H wouldn't sell anywhere near 2m
>Yea Forums archive nuked
It is that it is. FEchads WIN again.

>nostalgia bait
>risk

FEcucks trannies BTFO

It'll be a soulful choice like Camus instead.

Also they paid top League streamers to swap to Heroes for a week for a charity event and nobody even kind of gave a shit, lol. Dyrus liked the game a lot though, and said he would switch if it had viewers, but League is where the views and cash are at.

youtube.com/watch?v=tr3F8LXayt4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Ug6f23HSQ

Otome shit bombed not surprised.

The best part of it is when it slowly started getting some kind of a foothold it was dropped

How many people do you think bought it digitally solely because the box art is complete dogshit?

Considering how much they shilled this game I honestly expected more

Attached: ohu.jpg (400x406, 28K)

little hesitant to believe their numbers.
still. fe should have quite the digital numbers

nintendo report will be interesting

top 10 starts at 2,5 million or so
3H could make that

Yeah, it suck. Some of my favorite heroes were newer ones, like Alexstraza and Whitemane, both of whom I had a blast healing on, so I was really looking forward to a big new year full of Heroes content following 2018. Then the letter came down and now everything's shit. All competitive players are gone, Kevin's gone, Lana's gone, most of the Heroes team in general is gone, we're down to one hero every 3-4 months instead of every 3-4 weeks, events are barely happening and they're mostly pure rehashes, and overall, we all know the game is just plain dead, which blows.

>Awakening saves the franchise from death
>Becomes homogenized waifu trash
>Fates takes it to the extreme and nearly kills the franchise a second time with Pokémon version jewery and terrible writing
>Three Houses strikes a perfect balance between waifufaggotry and good writing with good gameplay to boot
>Instead of underperforming it becomes the GOAT fire emblem game and rescues the franchise from mediocrity AGAIN

We are truly in the best timeline where even though Fates made the big bucks they still went back to improve the product instead of doubling down and doing the bare minimum. God bless KT for making FE great again

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU COPE
THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU SEETHE

>top 10 starts at 2,5 million or so
The numbers needed to enter the top ten get higher and higher as more games sell well. The threshold will probably go up to around 3 million after Super Mario Maker 2 gets added in the next report.

There should be more Marthshilling.

Edelgard probably, even if people will REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Smashfags will ree about it. 3H fags will ree about it. Nobody will be happy except for Edelfags who are literal queers and trannies.

i'm happy things aren't awful for fire emblem. being a paper mario/animal crossing fan has been hard times

true
will need 3 million or so most likely

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Are weeb games mainstream now?

After the breakthrough of Nier Automata and Persona 5, definitely.

Is FE really weeb, though? Other than Fates, the settings of FE usually take place in an European inspired setting. No one thinks Zelda, Mario or Metroid as weeb games, even though they're developed by the Japanese.

I think the main thing is increasing sales and increasing attach rate
Awakening launched on the 3DS when it had about the same installbase as The Switch currently does. If 3H is selling significantly more than Awakenig did in its lifetime, that means the attach rate for fire emblem is increasing from Awakenig

Projecting yourself onto others is unhealthy

It has an anime art style though, that is enough to make it a weeb game by Yea Forums's standards.

Outsold Persona 5 just like that PERIOD.

meh. how would they even know those numbers.
nintendo does not give hem out.

3H certainly did well but i'll wait for the quarterly report

so because this game reached mainstream audiences, does that mean they are gonna do the school gimmick again?

I thought p5 was at 4 million or so?
Correct me if I’m wrong
Though I wouldn’t be surprised if it did eventually outsell the original

>source SuperData
On par with VGChartz

>hem
them

They’ll probably do a hub world mechanic but I doubt it will be a school specifically

God damn sucks that he missed out on such a huge opportunity to be a part of this game

Attached: Kirbopher.jpg (400x400, 41K)

P5 is at 2.7 million
dualshockers.com/persona-5-copies-sold/

Based on the fire emblems I’ve played, it seems like they don’t really re-use concepts that often, right? Other than broader concepts like child units or branching/multiple paths, but even then it’s done differently. At least that’s how I think of this series. I really like 3 houses but I don’t think I’d want to see the monastery or anything like it in the next game. Personally I’m hoping for a 6/7 remake since 7 was my first game.

Hopefully they tone it down to just a war camp from now on.

>Yea Forums shilled this trash for months
>Only 1 million units sold
Yea Forums just can't stop getting BTFO

>In your life time Fire Emblem became a more profitable franchise than Metroid and F-Zero

Press D to dab.

Attached: 1565068202350.jpg (975x1043, 82K)

Extra impressive then

Dimitri's house is the tranny-core house, retard.

Dimitri house is the Otomestacy house faggot.

I bought US LE just because I didn't want that stupid boxart on my shelf.

It's now my favorite tactical RPG of all time and my GOTY.

Attached: 1566250462202.jpg (1024x950, 184K)

NoA started marketing this game one fucking month before release and the game was announced at the start of 2017. What are you talking about?

""Stacies"" as in faggots and trannies. You are not fooling anyone. Dilate.

Is that across all 3 "games"?

>"best digital launch for the series"
>Digital purchase has only been around for a few games
>Couponshit tricking idiots into buying digital
Expect to see this line for a while

Post more Deer memes.

Attached: 1565588308294.jpg (900x658, 155K)

If they just keep the Koei Tecmo guys on for the next game and do a direct sequel on the continent like FE7, and get someone to do some better map design, Fire Emblem will truly be saved.

They've expressed interest in doing a Geneology remake I believe. I think with how much 3H was inspired by FE4, it's a really good time for them to bring it around. I'd also love to see an expanded improved version of Thracia.

So basically what they're doing for BotW

Can they even do a sequel for this game? I thought one of the points of the story is that there is no real canon, and it’s wildly different all depending on who byleth chooses to align himself with. They’d either have to say byleth canonically chose one of the routes, or they make a “fifth route” where byleth never existed.

Or they make a prequel I guess.

>introduce base conversations in tellius
>perfected supports although they aren’t too bad currently
>great bonus exp mechanic
>drop all of it
Fuck this game freak esque shit

>143k physical in Japan
>800k digital worldwide
Interested to see how it did physically worldwide.

Depends on what you mean by "reusing concepts". The series has been leading up to the Three Houses's mechanics such as monastery segments for a few entries now. For the monastery specifically, it stems from the reintroduction of FE2 mechanics with Awakening and by extension, Sacred Stones, which had previously been completely abandoned. Fates reintroduced free roaming in general with My Castle. Echoes was a remake of Gaiden, but it had full 3D traversable areas which the series had never done before. The monastery is the next step in that evolution, and given this game's success, I suspect they'll continue to iterate on free roaming areas.

What's the big deal with Sacred Stones?

>lukewarm story at best
>broken characters (Seth)
>option for grinding and over-leveling

???
Someone explain to me, please

Is choosing different routes going to be a series staple from now on?

There's a Fire Emblem community with very odd standards on reddit, as evidenced by them ranking Sacred Stones, the easiest fucking game in the world, as the best. They also don't like anime tiddies

Edie

Attached: 1566201187011.png (600x600, 432K)

But theres still a ton of waifuing in three houses

>Remove Corrin I actually lament getting rid of unique move sets, but so be it.
>Compress Roy and Lucina into Marth skins
>Compress Chrom into either a Marth or Ike skin
>Keep Robin

And now you have room to add Byleth and all three of the students.

Baby's other first FE, after FE7 and Awakening.

Good fuck him and fuck Rinachunk. Boot her from Heroes next. Talentless hacks with undeserved fame.

Attached: lyon.png (286x279, 12K)

Also feels like Sacred Stones was a lot of peoples' first FE game, given it was one of the 3DS's Ambassador games

Byleth is honestly enough. You could do some cool stuff, like having his weapons degrade over time like Robin's tomes, but the specials could be Combat Arts which degrade them more quickly.

Financial success depends on the exposure of the IP, the development cost, marketing costs, and then of course returns.
It actually doesn't take nearly as many resources to make a new FE as it does Kingdom Hearts or a big triple A with a ridiculous amount of assets, and most of the marketing is digital, so costs are even lower. So to have a relatively more niche game (compared to botw, odyssey, and hopefully prime 4) blow out sales expectations and add to the killer app list of a system is VERY good news.
The big advantage that the switch has when developing games exclusively for it is that your budget is targetting around last gen development costs, so you can make teams smaller and more involved in things like design. Hell, nintendo has shown with odyssey that their proprietary engine is more than enough to make games look good on switch.

I wouldn't say it's that they don't like anime tiddies, it's that anime tiddies aren't an automatic plus for most people outside of Yea Forums

I agree, but that was just an all-out sort of idea. I only want all the students though because we don't have any of their weapons anywhere else in Smash, save some special moves like Link's bow. While I don't agree to getting rid of favorites, I'd still love to see how an axe/bow/spear user would work in Smash instead of seeing another sword user.

its amazing for Fire emblem standars, this is the series that almost kills itself due to low sales

Incest meme

>buying Switch games digitally
Are people stupid? Do they not know how little space the Switch has?

Sometimes you have to make your own challenge. Don't grind and don't use Seth and SS turns into a pretty good game.

Do you know SD cards are a thing and very cheap nowadays? Plus, vouchers.

Are you? A microSD card on sale is dirt cheap user. I prefer physical media myself, but digital only releases are a big part of the switch library cmon user

Attached: 1566250909202.jpg (1280x1280, 245K)

I mean they can do Fodlon in the far future, but I agree to where the world itself doesnt need a sequel.

Attached: 1566261048851.gif (600x412, 2.75M)

brigand life

I have 4 phys games and almost 50 digital.

what was that class path that limited how stat screwed your units could be?

OMG. They look like crew from Persona 4 Golden!

nice