What are your thoughts on this game, Yea Forums?

What are your thoughts on this game, Yea Forums?

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpdoyYtj9tk
youtube.com/watch?v=ifTLP1asHks
youtube.com/watch?v=Qd5ASi1uASo
youtube.com/watch?v=nD7TohdfRdk
youtube.com/watch?v=Js_GDKQBALE
youtube.com/watch?v=3yg_kIjWwPo
youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_ApRxIoqg
youtube.com/watch?v=1cvRl07Jv8M
youtu.be/10Vv9yIOwh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's decent when you can actually play it instead of getting forced into a shitty minigame

One of the better Mega Man titles. Loved the music and wily stages. The JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE sections are the only downside of the game.

>awful enemy variety
>overanimated sprites
>horrendously gimmicky stages
>enemies did not have weakness tables programmed, they are programmed to die in either 1, 2 or 3 hits when hit by a special weapon. This means that flame sword the melee weapon deals as much damage as every other weapon.

Decent enough, Saturn version is superior though.

>Overanimated sprites
It adds life to the game. In the old games mega just stood there, unflinching, in this one, he's looking around, blinking, like an actual person almost.
>Horrendously gimmicky stages
I feel the stage gimics are pretty hit or miss. The bullet hell section in tengu man's stage was fun,and having to use the thunder claw to make certain jumps in search man's stage made for pretty interesting use of a weapon I wasn't getting much use out of. The snowboarding bits in frost means stage, however, can choke on a dick in hell.
>Enemies have no weaknesses
The earlier mega Man games had broken weapons(eg: metal blade). No weaknesses for the enimies means the weapons are more evenly ballenced.

Among the worst in the classic series, but still worth playing.

Attached: 1561064457735.png (1200x1200, 259K)

Tied with MM7.

The music in 8 is the best the original series had. Fuck chip tunes

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-115128_Firefox.jpg (1079x1028, 279K)

Has Tenguman so it's alright, though I don't know which theme I prefer
youtube.com/watch?v=cpdoyYtj9tk
youtube.com/watch?v=ifTLP1asHks

Attached: IMG_2491.png (1200x2400, 114K)

loved every second of it and replayed it the most out of any megaman

I"M CLOWN MAN

I'M GRENADE MAN

i’ll freeze you i’ll make a popsicle out of you

he also has a theme in &bass
youtube.com/watch?v=Qd5ASi1uASo
youtube.com/watch?v=nD7TohdfRdk

What are your thoughts on the Complete Works versions of tracks from 1-6? Here are some of my favorites
youtube.com/watch?v=Js_GDKQBALE
youtube.com/watch?v=3yg_kIjWwPo
youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_ApRxIoqg
>THAT FELT GOOD
What did he mean by this

Attached: 1221592_orig.jpg (728x408, 43K)

WAWEE

Never played &Bass, but these sound pretty good. A little too calm for my taste though.

Am I fucking retarded or is the wily boss that forces you to use the shitty soccer ball almost impossible

it's fine but i wouldn't put it in my top 5. best played on original hardware or legacy collection 2 since it doesn't have the input lag on the board sections.

Why did Roll look older than Megaman in the cutscenes?

Attached: aba08cdcd1ea8abcad61a405c02a0abbc1761775_hq.jpg (540x360, 33K)

the artist had a big sis /ss/ fetish

If you hold up while shooting the soccer ball, you should be able to shoot it at an angle and make it a bit easier. That said, the ball is a stupid mechanic that should never have been in the game.

Attached: IMG_20190804_133349.jpg (205x101, 32K)

It's still the best game in the classic series

Attached: 1562877933093.gif (202x227, 365K)

Because girls hit puberty earlier than boys.

Attached: 64168587_p41.png (800x1001, 281K)

Bring him back

Attached: 66853208_p41.jpg (800x759, 303K)

I don't get the urge to replay it as often as I do with the NES games, 9, or 11, but it's a perfectly fun platformer and one of the most beautiful games on the PSX

Lads how do i beat the first willy stage? The skateboarding section is impossible

jump, jump and slide, slide

If you're playing on the Anniversary Collection, there's input lag, so jump/slide a little bit earlier than you have been, If you're on the Legacy Collection, just keep practicing until you memorize the pattern. Hang right while you do so.

JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE in Wily Fort 1, and the introduction of a kicking mechanic you really weren’t getting much use of for the first fort boss.

Its ambitions were admirable in how it tried to incorporate special weapon use into stage exploration, but it wasn't the most smoothly gelling idea in regards to flow since it added quite a bit of backtracking if you really wanted to entertain it. I don't fault the series for trying something a little different that far in but I get why it's love or hate.

This. Loved this guy.

Attached: Finished Duo.png (320x744, 49K)

cute sprites

When is Bondman getting his own game?

Attached: 67273879_p2.png (426x939, 670K)

If Bondman were to become an official character, there would be a lot more lewd fanart.

Hit or miss music.
4x4 format is trash.

Otherwise pretty okay.

kino opening
best artstyle in the og series

game is above average on the og scale

JUMP JUMP JUMP
SLIDE SLIDE SLI-
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: 1534983860240.gif (405x414, 181K)

One of the best in the series.

It was my very first Megaman game. I love it so. It also has my #1 favorite Robot Master. My brother loves the japanese commercial.

Attached: Tenguman.png (741x1018, 576K)

One of my first games as well as my first MegaMan game.
This and the shitty MvC PS1 port solidified Capcom as my favorite vidya company growing up.
It's also what led to me becoming a 20 year old BoomerZoomer, but that could also be blamed on growing up on older consoles instead of the 360 in it's hayday. That and I had tons of unmonitored computer time to just look up tons of shit when I was little. I think I pirates Doom 2 when I was about 4 and played Skulltsg online on some kind of Christmas theme was where everyone was Santa throwing snowballs or something. Good times.

Attached: 1535461478624.jpg (480x272, 38K)

Your 5 & 6 are perfect choices.
4 nah it's this youtube.com/watch?v=1cvRl07Jv8M

IM AQUAMAN BUT YOU CAN CALL ME HANDSOME GUY

youtu.be/10Vv9yIOwh0

Attached: 1528248477276.gif (215x200, 1.47M)

wasn't oil man based on bond man?

Yes!

soundtrack falls flat outside of the context of the game
incredibly easy to the point of being a little boring
half the weapons feel useless (specifically the second half)
mega ball is a shit gimmick (only redeemed if you bother with speedrun strats)
shitty psx era game means a shitton of loading screens, which are pace killers
bad voice acting (hilarious but still bad)
duo underutilized as a character
the shitty sega saturn version has exclusive content for some reason

one of my least favorite games, kind of disappointing especially after how good 7 was

If the last jump is your problem, use Astro Crush so you can stay floating

I'LL CRUSH YOU
I'LL, BEAT YOU

Excellent soundtrack, but weak everything else.
Also has some of the worst Wily stages of all Mega Man games.

Good game, hilarious voice acting.

I love it until the wily castle.

The boss select screen music is the best in a MegaMan game since MegaMan X6.

kinda unrelated but i'm playing megaman 11 and it's surprisingly fun

better than what i was expecting

Who's your favorite Robot Master so far, user?

Loved it when I was a kid, but I played through it again last year and saw the faults it has. I still have a soft spot for it, but it's a very flawed game.
I have no clue how I beat the snowboarding section in Wiley's tower as a kid since I had to abuse the invincibility you get from meteor shower towards the end as an adult.

I liked blastman stage but his weapon suck donkey ass

it's probably just nostalgia headphones, but i tend to prefer the gba version of the mm&b music

Megaman and Bass is objectively better than this trash

Yeah, probably the weakest weapon in the entire game in terms of usability, but the rest are a lot better. Personally, my favorite boss is Tundraman. Fight is average, but I like his personality.

>i'm you
>but older and more galvanized in my ideals
>and as a result, somewhat more retarded
unironically such a good character concept. MM was always at its best to me whenever it got into character studies (basically never)

I like the idea of a alien robot space cop, but it just seems like a weird thing to drop in and never touch upon again.

Attached: 154ffd31-e127-4c74-a505-96d673e52eeb.jpg (661x468, 146K)

Welcome to my hell.

Attached: X5_scene24.jpg (640x256, 30K)

How do you deal with it.

I come here.

Attached: 20190820_144228.jpg (1814x721, 600K)

I love it still, one of my fav megaman games.

Only thing we can do, I guess.

Attached: 1547752556685.png (369x382, 157K)

especially too calm for a stage with an autoscroller plus precision jumps between spikes and a bottomless pit

Why is the Saturn version so expensive?

Attached: 1552968980676.png (647x482, 567K)

Welcome to the Sega Saturn experience in general

I feel like the game got a bad rep because most people have only experienced the PSX version, which is inferior to the Saturn version. From my experience, the controls of the game suit the Saturn controller better than the PSX one. I can't really describe why either, it just feels superior. There's also the fact that various graphical effects and bosses are missing in the PSX version, which certainly doesn't help matters.

Attached: FrostMan.png (436x445, 269K)

>The music in 8 is the best the original series had.
Bas-
>Fuck chip tunes
Cringe.

What's a good Saturn emulator?

It has great music and animation and the bosses are themed well. The main downside of megaman 8 is that it's too fucking easy.

Is this the worst Megaman game Capcom itself made?

Attached: SARPromo.png (926x941, 1.24M)

Roll can die in it, so yes.

Wish one could buy all the upgrades with the bolts.
Always dislike limited upgrade paths.

Limited upgrades add a degree of strategy to the game.

Not a fan of it myself.
Figure one can always impose it on oneself if you really feel the need for a limited upgrade run, instead of making it the default and no option to go the other way.

What upgrades do you usually get? I usually go Energy Balancer, Arrow Shot, Energy Saver, High Speed Charge, and Step Booster.

Good QoL, bad everything else. Having your buster and Special Weapons available simultaneously and the use of those weapons in the latter half of the RM stages was pretty neat, but otherwise it's one of the weakest Mega Man games in terms of design. Honestly only 1 is weaker because it hadn't gotten the formula down yet, and 1 has Powered Up which makes that game a lot better.

Duo is pretty cool though.

Best MM games just like MMX4 is the best MMX game. The only flaw these 2 have is that they were just way too easy.

The bad parts are really fucking bad. The good parts are ok. Nothing mind blowing. The music is sleep inducing but I don’t say that as negative, it’s just really chill compared to usual mega man. Grenade and Search man are based. Astro man can go to hell

I have yet to understand this

Newfag

I miss Shonen MegaMan.

This. Literally only NES Boomers would refute this.

You only need the arrow shot and you're good for the game. Seriously that thing is more powerful that the special weapons. Hell, it's probably the most powerful powerup in the entire series since metal blade had ammo.

Attached: IMG_20190804_150137.jpg (236x714, 358K)

Bit of a mouthful to explain. Don't hold your breath, it's kinda hard to swallow