Best cast since 4

>Best cast since 4
>Fantastic encounter balance
>Characters are designed perfectly and every single party setup is viable
>All bosses have plenty of viable strategies
>Rich world that makes good use of 3D space
>Exquiste writing
Have you ever seen a return to form quite as magnificent as Dragon Quest 11 S for the Nintendo Switch in stores this September? DQ had a bit of a slump for a while, I thought it'd never be this good again. Closest I can think of is Contra 4.

Attached: Yuusha.jpg (250x250, 23K)

You forgot to include HOES MAD, OP. All Yea Forums threads need to be Smash Bros related.

The game is incredible all the way through. I even think it is the best DQ.

>every single party setup is viable
2H Eleven >>>>>>> dogshit > dual wield Eleven for like 95% of the game > sword and board Eleven

I'm not getting it, not comfortable with the idea of spending any amount of money on a Dragon Quest game.

Hope you guys have fun with it though.

why can't swsh be good brehs

Attached: saad.jpg (354x360, 11K)

>not comfortable with the idea of spending any amount of money on a Dragon Quest game.
You could just pirate it if you hate Square Enix so much.

>Fantastic encounter balance
Having to pick at the start between FF6 tier A masher or roulette wheel mayhem doesn't sound very balanced to me. The way standard enemies are only able to attack you if you let them is also dumb

Attached: 1556890969275.jpg (528x792, 66K)

Because sword and board was your best/only choice in most entries. Get fucked.

This game is a fantastic gem. I bought it on PC and PS4.

>Harder Monsters is RNG
Bad meme. That's only true for one boss.

when I realized this in-game myself it was a little disappointing
then the fucking sword is 1H and I never used it

Because Eleven already has enough defence and there's no cool shield specific skills in the game.

and then you get hit with the true ending wich is absolute trash and invalidates everything you did during the game

>Chrono Trigger has option to remove consequences.
>"THE GREATEST JRPG EVER MADE"
>Dragon Quest 11 has option to remove consequences (except not really)
>"GAME RUINED"

I played close to 250 hours on PS4, so unless this new version has tons of new stuff and not just the equivalent of an extra dungeon worth of content, I’ll be skipping it, but yeah, it’s an awesome game and, personally, my favorite DQ game.

>Martina/Jade is literally useless story-wise and gets less than an hour of characterization to herself
>can't get Krystalinda into your party and let her choke Jasper with her massive tits until he is no longer a bitter edgelord
>Serena's good character development gets nullified
>Erik spends a good chunk of the game missing and then a useless beta bitch

Attached: 1545053361855.jpg (806x344, 141K)

A bunch of sound drama DLC, the entire (2D) 3DS campaign, a bunch of QOL shit.

Still better than 8, aka "Yangus carries the entire game."

I'd hate Jasper if he wasn't so edgy.

An edgelord and a reformed witch could've been a good pairing though. She literally spends the entire game dreaming about him.

I’m playing 8 right now and this is really bothering the more I notice that nobody other than yangus gets speaking parts.

Oh bitch it gets worse. Enjoy Jessica's arc being the antithesis of character development and being confused when the game suddenly expects you to think of Angelo as a character again near the end when he's been borderline SILENT for 30 hours.

I blame this solely on Level-5, because the writing has the exact same problems as their other games (and the same core scenario writers). Be fucking thankful that outside contractors got their hands on Yangus, Trode and Dhoulmagus, otherwise the game script would be horrific. It's probably the worst written story-driven DQ, and it's a damn shame because the designs are fantastic and the archetypes are wonderful.

Yeah I’m only at the Dark Ruins but I really want more of Jessica and Angelo, they’re so much more interesting than the others but they have been silent since like Maella abbey

>Get to work on Dragon Quest.
>Every end boss so far has a draconic/reptillian form.
>"dude what if we made the final boss a dark cloud reference!"
I love and hate L5 so much. They're so good at asset creation, but they're so incredibly dense at game design and writing.

Eleven got turned into a fish and does nothing for two months
Hendrik is the only one doing shit keeping humanity alive
Sylv is in the butt-fuck of nowhere
Rab is in the border between the living and the dead with Pang
Jade is sucking cock
Erik loses his memories and becomes a little bitch
Serena is somewhere in the arctic
Veronica is fucking dead

Attached: 1502949634355.jpg (484x474, 83K)

I dunno, I think Hero and Yangus are just as interesting. But yeah, nah. Jessica is the most nothing female character in the entire franchise despite the promising start, and Angelo may as well have checked out for half the game. This shit's so dire that the remake pushes meme man Morrie into the group and legendary badass Red because they know they can't fix it.

It goes exactly as you would expect. I have no idea how they thought adding "better Yangus" to the group instead of rewriting Jessica and Angelo was a smart idea, but they did.

Grim, innit?

Rate this part of act 2 anons

It was such a crazy twist, but the forced NTR part was really annoying and unnecessary and it’s part of what made me cave to NTR

Why the fuck they've made Gemma the only wife choice to begin with?
She is such a bland girl it hurts.

Attached: 1555124195493.jpg (1172x1646, 344K)

I just appreciate that they decided fuck accuracy and gave all the women huge tits in XI.

Because you're supposed to see the others as friebds/family.
You're only getting them now because Daddy Horii needs more pachinko money.

Is sword and shield really that bad? I'm only up to Hotto, but I feel I'm gonna get my shit pushed in if I drop the shield, since I've got stronger monsters on and Eleven has fuckall HP.

Jade was literally supposed to be MC's wife

Why didn't they even make Gemma playable

It was clear from beginning that the original version isn't complete.

Attached: 1524204671120.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

Having your dazzles and buffs miss at the start of a bunch of the early game fights is pretty much a reset unless you grind like a pussy