Put guy who gives GOTY awards in game

>Put guy who gives GOTY awards in game
>Win GOTY award

>Heh heh, nothing personnel, other GOTY """contenders"""

imagine if the guy who ran the Oscars was buddy-buddy with a director who was rewarded the Best Picture award every single time he released a film. what a fucking joke

Attached: doritoman.png (865x601, 612K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1163541259828518912
archive.is/yNDmE
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ht9q0gtnFw
youtube.com/watch?v=PKl5rYdwM6c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The game is still going to win GOTY even without Doritopope.

They probably are, they just don't show it.

>They probably are
You serious? Of course they are buddies, Geoff idolises him and constantly tries to get him to come to awards or LA etc.

Good thing GOTY awards are an actual joke.

It's about ethics in gaming award shows.

Attached: 64377854.png (289x312, 118K)

That would imply we could actually see whether it still would without Dorito-pope. As-is it's just a case of 'trust me guise i'm totally not just shilling like i always do'

i think he meant the guy who runs the Oscars and a director who always wins best picture, but;

A.) no single person runs the Oscars/decides on the winners
B.) no director has ever won Best Picture for every film they've released, the Oscars would be a complete charade/joke

Whatever, looks like a generic quest-giver anyway.
He doesn't even have a proper name.
It was either Geoffs face or some generic face.
Might as well fish for some brownie-points.

dilate

>imagine if the guy who ran the Oscars was buddy-buddy with a director who was rewarded the Best Picture award every single time he released a film. what a fucking joke
That happens. That's why half the time it's some stupid pretentious shit that barely made it out of a Film Festival.

>ethics bad!
>me like cronyism

Attached: 9097897457.png (978x748, 558K)

man, I could go for a fresh, crisp bag of Doritos right now

Is that really Dorito Pope's face? It could be some rando joe schmo they picked up off the streets who looks like Geoff.

there is no one guy who regularly wins best picture, the academy just likes to choose things that make them look discerning. i'm not even sucking the Oscar's dick here, i'd just rather not have gaming keep gradually devolving into even more of a joke than it already is.

Let Dragon Quest win just to see people go crazy.

Scanned Geoff, different VA.

Most people wouldn't disagree.

Pope doesn't personally choose what game gets a GOTY award. They're nominated and voted on by a bunch of dumbass vidya journalists and the public. Why do you think MGSV didn't win GOTY?

It'll probably be exempt from winning at the game awards

It doesn't even look like motion capture, you retards. Just looks like a PS3 NPC.

>MGSV didn't win GOTY, better shill even harder for my next game

not likely

that's not what's being discussed, it is literally Geoff Keighley

Attached: Image526-585x300.jpg (585x300, 31K)

Is Yea Forums this desperate to pretend to be outraged over Death Stranding?
Why do you even pretend to care about DS when what you are clearly mad about is that MGSV wasn't a movie?

defend it, then. don't just make baseless assumptions about my motivations.

>when what you are clearly mad about is that MGSV wasn't a movie?

why would anyone be mad about a Kojima game being less of a movie?

Welcome to #GamerGate
Now you're a nazi, white supremacist, racist, rapist, terrorist, mass murderer, misogynist, pedophile, russian bot, neckbeard, trumpster, incel, fascist, conspiracy theorist..............

Attached: 2ce.jpg (1024x1357, 164K)

I won't either attack or defend it until I play it.

>why would anyone be mad about a Kojima game being less of a movie?
Because that's what you actually care about, this obsession with DS gameplay is simply because it hasn't been shown.
MGSV was a game focused on the gameplay and people shat on it anyway.
Why?
Because people just care about the plot.

The people who shit on DS are the ones who insist Kojima hasn't made a good game since MGS3, even though MGS1, 2 and 3 are actual movies with gameplay that feels like an afterthought.

>ok, but what if the game is actually goo-
>WE MAY NEVER KNOW, BRO. WE MAY NEVER KNOW.

Attached: 105409-1.jpg (425x300, 16K)

literally what was the purpose of the pissing

ha ha it's so funny he look away from camera when he pee

i guess i shouldn't be so confused, this was the guy who added horse shitting on command to MGSV, but it seemed a bit crass and out of place for a game that was so serious and up its own ass in every other trailer

In terms of gameplay MGSV is just a misguided, half-baked attempt for Kojima to chase industry trends and it ends up amounting to a Far Cry clone in third person. The story sucked dick, too just for extra measure.

>I won't either attack or defend it until I play it.
>I don't have anything to say about it until i spend the $60 ticket on it, at which point whatever criticisms i may have had are pointless

nice try, shill. couldn't be more obvious you dream of sucking Kojima cock

I think DS is probably going to be a lot better of a game than V but this shit right here is pure faggotry. Kojima's celebrity-obsession and cronyism is shameful.

wrong
twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1163541259828518912

obviously we'll get to see whether it's good dumbass, i'm actually excited for it. shit like this eliminates any fair sense of actual competition though, it's a joke. are you really such a monosyllabic zygote that you can't criticize a single aspect of something you like? fucking imagine a game putting dorito pope in their game 10 years ago, Yea Forums would have flipped their wig. you newfags are such cocksuckers i swear

>In terms of gameplay MGSV is just a misguided, half-baked attempt for Kojima to chase industry trends and it ends up amounting to a Far Cry clone in third person
And that's still far better than anything he's done before, which were all garbage movie "games" with barely any gameplay whatsoever.

That's the reason Yea Forums shat on MGSV, because it's an actual videogame, instead of the garbage he made before.
Yea Forums doesn't like videogames, it's just people larping.
For fucks sake, this place has unironic COD threads, Yea Forums is in no place to pretend to have any high standards.

pretty much every continued argument on Yea Forums these days has at least one side organising a campaign in their discord channel

If nothing else I'm really looking forward to the ost. The bits and pieces we hear of it in the trailers that aren't scored by licensed tracks sound pretty good

Attached: 1536255208000.gif (473x235, 127K)

>he thinks Far Cry is better than Metal Gear Solid 3

Attached: 978493024.png (471x637, 324K)

MGSV didn't win GOTY in 2015 though

Attached: 1463820962828.png (325x315, 106K)

Nigger, people here decided to hate on DS the moment it was announced.
Remember when people were saying that DS was vaporware up until the release date was announced, even though only 3 years had passed since development began?
This place has no actual opinions on DS, no matter what it's shown, people are going to shit on it because this is about MGSV not being a movie about Big Boss killing children.
And seeing how desperate people here are for MGS shit, to the point where people actually, unironically believed the "Demon Edition" bullshit, i'm willing to bet everyone in Yea Forums would be speculating about DS if it was the exact same thing but called MGS6.

What's there to MGS3's gameplay?
Clunky stealth mechanics so half assed that you can't even walk while crouched?
Well, that, and menu crawling that's supposed to be survival mechanics, even though it makes no sense that Snake needs to eat once every 10 minutes, or that you can't instantly, completely cure yourself of gunshot wounds.

haha, but seriously, what if the game was actually goo? wouldn't that be funny haha

i honestly don't even know why i bothered to make the thread, Yea Forums is pretty unsalvageable these days

i think it will be at least good but all the shilling is giving me pure cancer.

>people aren't allowed to dislike (thing)!

>Remember when people were saying that DS was vaporware up until the release date was announced

your bias is exacerbating an extremely small micropercentage into the 'majority'

>This place has no actual opinions on DS, no matter what it's shown, people are going to shit on it because this is about MGSV not being a movie about Big Boss killing children.
And seeing how desperate people here are for MGS shit, to the point where people actually, unironically believed the "Demon Edition" bullshit, i'm willing to bet everyone in Yea Forums would be speculating about DS if it was the exact same thing but called MGS6.

that has nothing to do with me, those people are fucking retarded vermin

>Clunky stealth mechanics so half assed that you can't even walk while crouched?

walking while crouched would have totally changed the speed of the game so that you would have been able to quickly breeze past every level stealthily.

>or that you can't instantly, completely cure yourself of gunshot wounds.
>what are game mechanics?
>what are video games?

god i can't wait until school starts again so there will be a few hours where underage traffic will be diminished

>Nearly 24 hours later
>Still seething

Attached: it keeps happening.png (798x1012, 446K)

imagine being this butthurt
fuck you TLOU faggot

>walking while crouched would have totally changed the speed of the game so that you would have been able to quickly breeze past every level stealthily
Yes, that's the thing about MGS, that the only thing remotely close to difficulty in the game comes from the fact that the game is a mechanical mess.
Like having a top down camera and having to give you the Soliton radar because, with that camera, you can't see whatever's 10 feet in front of you.

>what are game mechanics?
>what are video games?

Either do it well, or scrap it.
This shit is like the gathering resources minigame from Mass Effect 2, it's a pointless time sink that adds nothing to the game, and actually goes on to turn it into a chore.

Imagine what Yea Forums would look like in november lmao

>Like having a top down camera and having to give you the Soliton radar because, with that camera, you can't see whatever's 10 feet in front of you.

we're talking about 3 here, try to stay on topic. MGS1 is a Zelda clone with stealth, take your grievances elsewhere.

>we're talking about 3 here
And if you had played the game on release, you'd know MGS3 came out originally with a top down camera like MGS1 and 2.
The third person camera wasn't brought until Subsistence, which is when Kojima and his team started realizing the gameplay of their games was utterly retarded.

But Yea Forums told me that racism and discrimination were a good thing.

geoff keighley has been a shill for game companies his entire life

I could maybe understand one or two celebrity tie-ins, but how the fuck is anyone going to be able to disconnect Geoff from his character? How can anyone take that even remotely seriously? This is going way too far.

Attached: 1531778728662 2.gif (180x240, 752K)

Games have been corrupt since forever because the mass populace just views them as kids' toys still. Multi-million dollar toys, but still. Until they get taken seriously like movies do we will have to put up with this garbage, but honestly who cares, a GOTY award affects literally nothing. Every game has a GOTY version and there is no official governing body to give them out, unlike the Oscars.

He's a joke character anyway

>And if you had played the game on release

what i have to travel back in time to play the version of the game you want me to in order to properly criticize the game? I and most other people who played 3 played subsistence. your argument is not valid since they actually upgraded the game almost immediately. Not tom mention the game is fine being played top-down

why are you arguing whether one of the most critically acclaimed games of its' generation is bad to me when it's totally irrelevant to the thread, anyways? fuck off

>almost inmediatly
Actually it was more than a year later.
Sure, they patched in stuff, but that's when they started realizing the gameplay they made was subpar.
MGSV is the culmination of that trend, an actual videogame that feels good to play, the first Kojima's ever made.
Of course, Yea Forums hated it because people here don't actually care about gameplay, they just more shitty MGS stories.

fuck off already carl

And Kojima is a joke of a creator so he'll fit right in.

it's a stealth game with a sprint button, it's completely unremarkable in terms of gameplay

BARRYS RED COLAH

It's fluid, it was multiple speeds and gives you the freedom to act like you want.
Not to mention that shooting mechanics aren't a complete clusterfuck this time around.
There's still things that should be removed, like Motherbase, the free roam mode, side ops and FOBs, and could use much bigger maps with more locations, but it's an improvement over previous games.

>It's fluid

plenty of games are, a totally unremarkable Far Cry clone regardless

>it's completely unremarkable in terms of gameplay
Enemies literally develop countermeasures to any strategy in the game you can use
Every ounce of the map is used my it be side ops or story missions
Hidden songs to find, extra shit giving you a reason to look through the outposts and not just mindlessly capture guards.
I wouldn't expect Yea Forums to actually know or care because I'm assuming most of you are such fucking casuals you simply looked up guides to get shit you wanted or watched "10 THINGS U DIDN'T NO ABOUT MGSV" and yelled "TECHNOLOGY! JUST LIKE THE VEE MEME" and went on about your business and only started disliking it when other people were complaining about an ending everyone knows the conclusion too because it's a fucking prequel
You parasites are fucking pathetic

Attached: 1561722832766.jpg (1200x1200, 261K)

>plenty of games are
Yes, and previous MGS games weren't, they were clunky messes made by people who clearly never played a single stealth game before.

What are you talking about? The oscars are definitely rigged, and theyre not only often buddies but bribery is the norm

It is tho

Yes, Geoff Keighley handpicks the winner of every category to win his award show. Not all the magazines/panel who vote on it. Retards

>the Oscars would be a complete charade/joke
They still are, you fucking idiot. Sure, it's not decided by one person but rather a select group of industry professionals and the """"voting"""" process is whichever company can give these judges the most luxurious lifestyle on the company dime.
archive.is/yNDmE

can someone explain what this game is exactly?
everytime someone asks this dude what this game is about he releases another celebrity cameo. is this a movie like Detroit human?

>Enemies literally develop countermeasures to any strategy in the game you can use

wow, a helmet. just quickly shoot them in the head a second time.

>Every ounce of the map is used my it be side ops or story missions

This is a lie, and even if it weren't most of the map is just vast emptiness with no interesting architechture or terrain. You can't re-play certain missions like the one where you sneak into the power plant, which is one of the most fleshed out levels in the open world, so it becomes impossible to enjoy that part of the game which resembles no insignificant fraction of the real content in the game. You can't even make alternate saves to do second or third playthroughs, you have to delete your data from the system settings, erasing all of your RPG and mechanical progress.

you are fucking pathetic, there's a micro-fraction of the amount of actual, focused and deliberate level design and gameplay than in 3 or even 4, "but i played it for hundreds of hours" yeah, sprinting across open fields in Africa taking potshots at lone guards wandering around with their thumbs up their asses from a hundred yards away with no effort.

the game is a piece of fucking trash.

Well it kinda helps there are literally no other games coming in 2019. What else is there? Need for speed heat and uhhh... cod... uhm... fuck this year sucks bros.

No retard. It's phantom pain with package delivery and pissing

>is this a movie like Detroit human?
pretty much, besides the CYOA thing.
I truly think Kojima literally can't get funding for any of his movie ideas because everyone knows he doesn't have the talent. So he's left with making non-game games, and the whole industry eats it up because
>LMAO KOJIMA SO SMART AND INNOVATIVE

>which is one of the most fleshed out levels in the open world
What are you talking about?
It's just walking through the power plant, which isn't even big anyway, you stick to the left and that's it.

>wow, a helmet. just quickly shoot them in the head a second time.
Yeah my bad, I guess the decoy guards, melee counters, full armor plating, mines and counter snipers don't exist because you yourself didn't see any of them
No, reveal more to use of the game you didn't play so I can pick you apart even more

Geoff doesn't choose winners personally

Even if DS was truly just walking and pissing, that's already more gameplay than all David Cage "games" put together, let alone Detroit.
Reminder that this is what Detroit's "gameplay" looks like.

Attached: 1554379368432.webm (512x288, 2.5M)

not to mention the game is loaded to the brim with micro transactions and you literally have to wait real in-game time for R&D on weapons to finish OR PAY TO SPEED IT UP like an actual phone game, i literally had to leave my ps4 on with the sleep setting turned off for cumulative days in order to finish schematics that took up to 48 hours or more to complete

go fuck yourself, V is indefensible trash and you're probably an underage using it as a jumping on point to the cultural bandwagon of MGS. play literally any other MGS game than the fucking Far Cry ripoff

>not to mention the game is loaded to the brim with micro transactions
Not really, all there is is the MB coins.

>i literally had to leave my ps4 on with the sleep setting turned off for cumulative days in order to finish schematics that took up to 48 hours or more to complete
There's no development that asks 48 hours ingame, the most is 3 hours, the ones who ask more develop online, even if you aren't playing it.

Where?
The DS footage had literally the same shit with the "press sticks to not fall down the hill".
I'm sure there's probably some survival horror bits too. But DS overall seems to be only slightly above Cage levels of non-gameness.

>Game is literally like 50 hours long
>"ME NEED QUICK R&D GOD FORBID I ONLY HAVE 20 GUNS AND NOT 200 AT THE START OF THE GAME"
Also, retard, those helmets you were referring too can be bypassed by shooting them in the face, not like you were shooting them though, you probably had the helmets trigger when you used Quiet because you're shit at video games

You forgot how packed Spring was. DMC5, RE2, Metro Exodus. Also coming games: Control, Borderlands 3 (although I'm not a fan of it), nuDoom 2. If we're not talking AAA there was also Bloodstained.

This game will be literally a movie holy shit

Attached: WySl0IX.png (268x325, 87K)

>implying these aren't trivially easy to overcome to the point where they don't fundamentally effect gameplay in the slightest

you should be strangling half of the guards anyways, armor is pointless if you're actually playing the game like a fucking stealth game and not Call of Duty, which is probably your favorite game from your childhood which is why MGSV blew your mind so hard

notice how you ignore my entire post besides from the bit about the helmets. and yes, the helmets are a pathetic mechanical innovation and a retarded in-universe reason as well. of course enemies early on in the game would be easier and enemies later would be harder, doing things like wear helmets. it's no more impressive that there are a few '''dnyamic''''(read:on/off switch) mechanics than it would had there just been a regular difficulty curve

No, in DS we've seen you can walk around like you want.
That alone is already more gameplay than David Cage's movies.
What David Cage's "gameplay" is is nothing but 15 hours of QTEs, there's not a single point where you actually control a character.
Remember Mass Effect's dialogue and paragon and renegade prompts?
Imagine a game that is NOTHING but that.
That's what David Cage's crap is.

Not to mention that DS has oddly been avoiding showing combat, even though it's obvious there is, and even a few seconds of a boss fight were shown, and a clip where they show the MC overlook a base.

Reason why I ignored the other half of your posts because saying "Bad, empty" and repeating adjectives over and over isn't an argument, the map is utilized, the game does present counter measures to the player, the fact that you forgot and suddenly remember whilst pretending you can snatch every guard in the game no problem after literally admitting you didn't know helmets didn't block faces is extremely suspect

See?
It's always the same.
The people who shit on DS, which they accuse of having no gameplay, will then go on to defend the pieces of garbage that MGS1, 2 and 3 are, movie games where gameplay is clearly an afterthought, even though they accuse DS of doing the same.

Which is why, if DS was called MGS6, Yea Forums would be as hyped for it as they were for MGSV, hell, you'd probably be even more hyped, seeing how you insist that it's a movie.

>Hollywood

Why do you think Weinstein got nominated for every piece of shit movie he released? Or how literally every Holocaust movie gets nominated? The Oscars have literally no merit on artistic grounds, its just an annual exercise in Jewish propaganda.

>Game is literally like 50 hours long

of slowly wandering around an empty open world and watching terrible cutscenes, wow how riveting. i love how you're making excuses for literal phone game mechanics you stupid cocksucker.

>those helmets you were referring too can be bypassed by shooting them in the face

i know that, i was pointing out the fact that they're completely trivial and unimpressive, they take virtually no effort to circumvent. shoot them in the face or simply shoot them again before they're alerted. it's a complete non-issue, by that far into the game you've been given a plethora of ways of circumventing them anyways like Quiet, like you said. I didn't use a 'buddy' character at all because it's a fucking stealth game. i would usually have D walker parked outside so i could bypass brain dead wandering through the empty open world

>of slowly wandering around an empty open world
Not really, you are never requiered to go to the open world on it's own, you can stick to missions which is what the open world is made for.
In fact, I wonder why there's a free roam option in the first place.
Well, you are requiered once, when you go to the power plant, but that's it.

>watching terrible cutscenes
True, there's too many of them, they should have relegated them to the tapes.
I'm glad Kojima is understanding that plot is secondary in a videogame.

>Slow
>Empty
>Terrible
These are not arguments user, nobody used the fucking horse after the dog was available because you can use the helicopter to get everywhere, try harder my guy, there's no reason to read the rest of the garbage you're posting, you have no argument, you just spew your opinions you can't defend because you feel you have the backing of every other retard too stupid to even play MGSV without crying about "slo mo time" because they were terrified of turning it off, because they're shit at games, just like you

>can't walk while crouched
= forced to choose to either move slowly (risky) but remain concealed, or run quickly but be easily spotted (risky).
Really it's a holdover from mgs1 where crouching was irrelevant, and they stuck with the winning formula plus minor alterations until they really started to deviate with mgs4
>menu stuff
Not ideal, I'd have liked it to be done in real time, but it's a conceit to the whole "survival" thing that doesn't really play out in practice.

>winning formula
Even Kojima realized that gameplay system was utter trash.
The first 3 MGS games are some of the worst gameplay you can find in the stealth genre.
Thief, Splinter Cell and Deus Ex were all vastly superior.

>Deus Ex
Let's not get too carried away here.

>the game does present counter measures to the player

the same as literally any game's difficulty curve making the enemies immune to early game tactics in the late game, totally unimpressive and like i said and you agreed, completely trivial to surmount resulting in no satisfying evolution of tactics.

>the map is utilized

haha, ok i guess i'll have to take your word for it despite you not providing any counter-argument to my point that certain missions which use unique levels/parts of the open world and unreplayable.

>empty

uh.. yes it is, as in- no meaningful content in which to actually use the game mechanics or engage in fun gameplay

the little village at the beginning of the game is completely wasted time and effort on the developer's part, you can simply take a straight bee-line to where Miller is, knock out one guard and walk out. the open world approach the stealth ruins the level design by providing extremely simple paths with almost no challenge every time. it would almost be more fun to play like call of duty if snake weren't so overpowered to the point where he's almost invincible in a firefight from the start.

i genuinely forgot about the godawful slow-motion mechanics and ability to see people through walls! i'm so glad you brought them up! i turned those off before my first playthough, they even further trivialize the game!

jesus christ, you can literally see enemies through walls and the game goes into slow motion when they spot you so you can shoot them. how the fuck do people still defend this game?!

>the same as literally any game's difficulty curve
Tell me what games actually equip their enemies with better equipment sans "BETTER GUN" right now, and don't even say "Hurr armor" Because in literally every other game it's just a bigger HP pool, the armor doesn't actually have a function

Animated film best pictures are picked by academy members asking their children which movie they liked the best. Stop acting like the academy is ethical at all.

>Typing out all that shit and STILL doesn't say anything
Be concise, you're being overly verbose to hide the fact you don't know what the fuck you're on about

Its shocking how many people think the host of an awards show actually picks who wins.
Kojima clearly did this as thanks for standing up for him publically on live TV against his ex-publisher. They're good friends, DS is just Kojima making who knows how many people develop a game for his friends (-joost)

off the top of my head any japanese action game, like God Hand or Devil May Cry, where the enemies in the late game actually learn new tactics that you have to out think in order to overcome, like feinting attacks so you'll dodge only to get hit when they really attack

the enemies in V are always sitting ducks waiting to get picked off no matter what superficial methods they take

and you're pretending to be too illiterate to read a slightly longer than usual post in order to pussy out and not provide any substantial counter arguments because you can't because there aren't any. bye, pussy

>imagine if the guy who ran the Oscars was buddy-buddy with a director who was rewarded the Best Picture award every single time he released a film. what a fucking joke
>implying that this isn't how hollywood works

>the little village at the beginning of the game is completely wasted time and effort on the developer's part, you can simply take a straight bee-line to where Miller is, knock out one guard and walk out. the open world approach the stealth ruins the level design by providing extremely simple paths with almost no challenge every time. it would almost be more fun to play like call of duty if snake weren't so overpowered to the point where he's almost invincible in a firefight from the start.

There, three little lines of text. I chewed your food for you, so actually exert a modicum of effort and try to prove me wrong or shut the fuck up

>where the enemies in the late game actually learn new tactics
Are you fucking retarded? The enemies in DMC don't "Learn" anything, new enemies get different moves, they're not tailored to you.
>like feinting attacks so you'll dodge only to get hit when they really attack
Such a stupid thing to say, so the butcher looking dude in DMCV is spawned because you knock down people too much? No, he isn't, literally just a mechanic of the enemy
>the enemies in V are always sitting ducks waiting to get picked off no matter what superficial methods they take
Up until the moment you tranq/snipe someone in someone else's field of view because taking down every single outpost with one method is difficult considering some outposts are specifically designed with such strategies in mind

>i suck chink cock

>"My argument that this thing is bad is meta knowledge"
Only reason to restart MGSV is if you're a speedrunner considering loadouts and mission replays exist, thanks for confirming you're retarded

>The enemies in DMC don't "Learn" anything, new enemies get different moves, they're not tailored to you

my entire point was that despite it being the same enemies and supposedly so impressively '''dynamic''', it's just a couple on/off switches that change really shallow qualities that don't effect gameplay that much or actually challenge the player

it doesn't matter that they're dynamic, any game's difficulty curve will natually provide an escalating challenge, that was my point

>Up until the moment you tranq/snipe someone in someone else's field of view

why would you ever do this? you can literally see every enemy through walls, there's no excuse for this. even if you have that turned off, which you should, just do a basic visual sweep of the area to make sure noone's looking at the person you're going to shoot! that's your """challenge"""?

>These enemies countering you don't count since I can't bring up another game that does it now
>Here's why it's impossible to make a mistake, but haha, it's not like I used that feature
Why are you so disingenuous my guy, soon you're going to backpedal from saying MGSV is bad if I fuck with you hard enough

you can't replay most side ops, that a significant portion of content that i'm disallowed from revisiting for no reason

i had a friend who's mission to rescue the gunsmith actually glitched and even though he completed the mission he never recieved the ability to customize his weapons because for some reason he didn't get the gunsmith.

inexcusable, you need to be able to have mutiple saves or at least have a new game plus mode

And I had a friend that didn't suck the ass end of a cock
*dab*
#yougotshittedon

re read the first post that you are responding to, my original point about the 'dynamic' difficulty is that it is no more impressive than the average game's difficulty curve. actually, the fact that they're just standard mooks playing dress up results in a completely negligible increase in challenge.

it would be better if the enemies weren't dynamic, but there were several different types, with varying degrees of tactics and difficulty.

Yeah and you backpedalled after I revealed that what you were saying was fucking retarded and enemy movesets designed to punish particular playstyles isn't the same as enemies "Getting better" those enemies will always have those moves, whereas the tactics in MGSV AI are dependant on the player.
Backpedalling now is just going to make people laugh at you Jimmy

>soon you're going to backpedal from saying MGSV is bad if I fuck with you hard enough

Are you mentally ill or simply mentally feeble? i can't tell but take your pick, whichever sounds better to you

V is fucking bloated garbage, a hacky piece of trash narrative slap-dashedly slapped over a Far Cry ripoff with such massively bloated mechanics and emptiness it results in a completely meaningless and unenjoyable moment to moment gameplay experience and challenge

thanks for making this easier for the both of us and just admitting you don't have a case and can't even begin to argue. have a great schoolyear! don't let those bullies get you down!

I'll be honest, I didn't even read passed the first few words of that final sentence because whipping out a thesaurus and looking at the word "Bad" isn't an argument in any sane person's mind, you couldn't bring up anything proving the game was bad outside of shitty examples and trying to group the game with other games, glitches or meta knowledge, you seem like a fucking moron to be honest family

The exclamation points to seem like a digging comment on amplifies how angry you look

Piss and shit has been Kojima's fascination for decades. Everything he does has included it in some form. Probably venting an unfulfilled watersports and scat fetish.

>unfulfilled
Joosten was willing to do ANYTHING for that role do not kid yourself

This meme of putting "famous" people in games has to end..total immersion ruiner.

>reiterating my original point because of your poor reading comprehension
>you still refuse to acknowledge or defend the point
>backpedalling

you're the sucker who's fellating a retarded gameplay gimmick that provides no actual increase in challenge beyond superficial shit like the enemies playing dress up, i was proving that non-dynamic difficulty curves are superior and V's pathetic gimmick is a shallow waste of time and doesn't contribute any depth to the gameplay

>I didn't even read passed the first few words of that final sentence
>passed the first few words

hmm

>you couldn't bring up anything proving the game was bad outside of shitty examples

oh? didn't you not even read my post?

if i didn't have fun on this site, why would i come here? :^)

They are laughing at us

>every award shit is retarded
more news at 11 . along your birthday and your first menstruation

Maybe, but Metal Gear was full of pants pissing, diarrhea, and golden showers since MGS, long before Joosten shat on Kojima's chest in the audition backroom. I don't remember for sure but I have the feeling there was a scene even in Snatcher.

>can make dorito pope an NPC
>can't bring back Stefanie
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1563676902915m.jpg (682x1024, 76K)

He didn't even let her talk in the game, I highly doubt he gives enough of a fuck about her to bring her back. She's not a celebrity.

>Joost fags get irrevocably BTFO
Based Godjima

at this point Kojimbos games feel like Nu-Sipmsons where all he does is put media personalities into it.

>talk
Nigga she even had a singing number that she later also sang at the Tokyo orchestra
I feel like Kojimbob ultimately BTFO himself since Death Stranding looks like pretentious shit.

Attached: 1565662292413.png (720x699, 1.23M)

Wrong. I am an american.

>99% of the time doesn't talk

m8 if you ever thought the game awards were ever anything other than a complete fucking joke you need to dilate

>Some roaster chasing the dragon gets her dreams crushed by the man who started it
Buying it simply because the IRL story is kino, worth the price of admission

Attached: 1565752196611.jpg (750x1308, 570K)

they are a joke which is why Kojima putting their host in his game just to suck up is pathetic and shameful

Attached: 1540922275903.jpg (1200x925, 459K)

>Let's not get too carried away here.
Deus Ex absolutely has better gameplay than MGS.

Attached: Deus Ex raid.webm (638x360, 2.83M)

But Stefanie is an actual good girl, she deserves to be happy.
She is modest, well mannered, doesn't sleep around and knows how to cook. It's tragic to see a sweet autistic girl like this get led down the path of self destruction.
This isn't like the usual Hollywood thot being fucked and chucked.

Attached: 1566161168767.jpg (1080x1080, 137K)

Gameplay, yes, I agree.
Stealth mechanics? Fuck no, I'm a stealthfag and I just fucking quit halfway through the second mission

>white knighting a girl you will never know

Attached: 3133 (2).jpg (606x799, 68K)

>Stealth mechanics? Fuck no
What stealth mechanics are there in MGS? You can't even hide bodies. Most of the game consists of unavoidable combat encounters.

I was just trying to hurt you to be honest, you being civil makes me feel bad now.
You gotta realize this is the nature of the beast, good people don't always get the best shit in life

Attached: D8yJ8_TU0AANhdQ.jpg (1200x675, 64K)

he deserves it

Attached: 14687876786.png (507x488, 399K)

I feel like Deus Ex would have been a lot better with a visual indicator of how far the guards can see, being able to just full speed sprint outside of their vision cone was jarring on Liberty island and made the game almost impossible to stealth indoors

I'm not looking to sleep with her or anything, I just feel bad for the path she will take in life. She's going to end up a very unhappy person and she won't even have much to show for it because of the beast that is entertainment.
Indeed, she really is stuck on the heroin and it'll inevitably ruin her. Sad since NL already has a huge thot problem

Attached: 1566141275964.jpg (640x640, 53K)

which is the reason why game journalism and awards are a joke

Isn't the point of an actor to act out a role and separate themselves as a person from their character? So why would you make characters in a game look like their voice actors instead of an original design?

Attached: 154275425424.gif (436x342, 1.55M)

would you milk Dorito Pope's tits Yea Forums?

Attached: lel.png (1280x720, 475K)

>I feel like Deus Ex would have been a lot better with a visual indicator of how far the guards can see
What for? That's what sound design is for. You can hear the footsteps of guards as they approach you, and they will also say stuff to indicate their current status. For example: youtube.com/watch?v=6Ht9q0gtnFw

This lack of sound design. is one of the reasons why MGS is one of the worst stealth games ever made. Feedback is so bad that they need to gives you a radar that shows you where enemies are and what their vision cones are. Unlike every other stealth game, you don't even need to be aware of your surroundings and keep track of your enemies. You just look at the radar. This is not good design.

its literally IDEAS GUY the game

just your average 3rd person shooter with a wacky story

MMMMMmmmm
I still don't like the way stealth was handled in Deus Ex but you've proven your point.
I'll have to agree with you that it's got better stealth design, doesn't mean I gotta like it though

You're manufacturing a persecution fantasy so you can come to her defense i.e.; white knighting. This isn't a healthy thing to do. She isn't autistic. She doesn't do heroin. She has a fine career, most people never get as famous as she did and the fact that she hasn't stayed in the limelight doesn't mean there's anything wrong. The fact that you have to invent tragedies like heroin addiction and autism should tell you what you're doing is wrong and if anything counterproductive.

What do games press love movie games so much?

M8 heroin is a metaphor. She's addicted to attention and the limelight like a drug and it's clearly stopping her from getting her affairs in order. She's a 31 year old woman living with her parents and single while trying to make it in showbiz. Can you honestly predict good outcomes for her on any front?

No wonder we won't have any announcement at gamescom or game awards for the next MG game, if Geoff is doing this..

The Oscars are a joke

And the game of the year is...Dead Stranding!

I know she isn't addicted to heroin, she also isn't autistic. She's fine. You're white knighting.

the GOTY awards is objectively better than the oscars since it also has game reveals and whatnot.
When are the 2019 GOTY awards happening anyways?

OP here

Agreed, the VGAs are fucking based. Probably November.

I fucking regret ordering this piece of shit game.

Attached: demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-sanemi-shinazugawa-genya-shinazugawa-wallpaper-640x960-25328_169.jpg (640x960, 66K)

>pre-ordering
>ever
unless you're reserving a physical copy so that it doesn't sell out, why would you ever pre-order

Why is Doritopope's face always like that? Does he have some kind of disability?

>HURR I only play hardcore gaemz!
The way you're downplaying these aspects is laughable and makes you sound like a insufferable try hard. Even more so because you could stretch your argument to the previous games too and point out a bunch of tools and mechanics didn't really make a significant difference. Who the hell needs (or even bothers to) destroy the guards' food and weapon storage with C4 to get through MGS3 other than it being a neat novelty? And yet, this is the kind of detail old MGS fans typically jerk off to.
MGSV has has a dynamic difficulty that adjusts to your play style, and you can send your soldiers on missions to bring those modifiers down a notch. The real problem here is that some peopel decided MGSV is irredeemable garbage no matter what. Almost like it were a fucking ideology.

>you should be strangling half of the guards anyways
Which requires you to sneak around an outpost, which will more than likely produce more obstacles such as sniper and mines in your path. To act like you don't even have to think twice about a different approach or paying more careful attention to the environment makes you either disingenuous as fuck, or it means you simply brute-forced the entire game. I wouldn't be surprised if you played with markers on and reflex mode too.

You're actually retarded for jumping to conclusions on at least two different occasions (assuming you aren't just LARPing). The first was that you pre-ordered a game based on trailers alone, and the second is that you're now calling it a piece of shit based on trailers alone. You actually still haven't learned the proper lesson.

Attached: 045654.png (635x457, 267K)

>guy who ran the Oscar's
Get a load of this guy

The only lesson I learned is that Yea Forums is full of larping faggots like you, zoomy. Now u can kys.

>it's okay if the West does it

Attached: allers.jpg.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

cuz I have nothing to play. I'm waiting for sony exces like aussie waiting a snow.

>no u
What a great comeback. Too bad you don't seem to know the meaning of the words you're using.

Isn't that how capitalism works? Kojima is playing the game.

Attached: 1538261823623.jpg (390x433, 231K)

You got BTFO now learn some humility.

you do realize for her it was just another gig in a long line of gigs she does for work, and that since then she's probably had a dozen other equally fulfilling projects come and go, right

>The real problem here is that some peopel decided MGSV is irredeemable garbage no matter what.

Oh yeah, that's the REAL prpblem here. Not it being the permanent face of the franchise simply because it's the most recent one and released in the zoomer generation, and overpraised to high hell and back. Overall I'd give the game a 7/10, it's alright but it's clearly half-baked. Kojima bit off way more than he could chew and delivered a half baked game because of it.

>Which requires you to sneak around an outpost, which will more than likely produce more obstacles such as sniper and mines in your path.

Just shoot the snipers before you go in, you always start outside the base from the most advantageous position to find and exploit any number of trivially paths of entry.

>you can only criticise the game after you buy it!

Fat chance, zoomer. I'm going to get Death Stranding because I think the gameplay looks interesting, that user is equally as allowed to not buy it/air his complaints if he doesn't like the way it looks.

Pretty sure he got in because of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=PKl5rYdwM6c

Attached: 1550249343426.jpg (500x597, 65K)

>Just shoot the snipers
Then you have to consider where to take them out from without being spotted and make sure nobody's near them. Sometimes you might have to sneak up all the way behind them.

He should put Yongyea in the game too, he's been shilling Kojima harder than anyone for the better part of a decade now.

>Just press buttons and don't get hit
That is some deep analysis.

>you can only criticise the game after you buy it!
Who are you quoting? Maybe the fact that a person can change his/her mind so easily based off only trailers means that trailers aren't such a good measuring stick after all.

No because she's only done 1 indie movie, 2 short films and VA for 2 games plus a handful of TV appearances since 2015

okay well i was exaggerating but that's still plenty of other stuff she's since put between quiet and herself

K. I mean, it's not the most pants on head, topsy turvily, back asswards game of all time. The fact that you ever have to sneak up on someone makes sense considering it's supposed to be a stealth game. I wasn't arguing that you never had to sneak, i just don't think that the dynamic enemy equipment provides that much more depth to the challenge than a traditional difficulty curve would have, and that in general the game is very easy.

>4 years
>5 minor roles
Even then Spacelords was a flop, ICEY is completely unknown indie,Hostage X was a steaming pile of shit and the other 2 short films she was in are also irrelevant as fuck. The French one she did this year looks ok though.

yongyea isn't far enough left or soullessly corporate enough for it. close but not quite there

game look bad

for them, work is work. not every gig is a decade-defining media darling like MGS5.

He's more than allowed to be deterred by something shown off in a trailer, it's not like trailers are just totally transient and don't have any bearing on the content of the game at all. If he sees something that he dislikes in a trailer, how could that not effect his opinion of the game? They go out of their way to tell you Kojima is the one who edits these things himself you know

What's up with Geoff calling Kojima the first to create the stealth genre? That's so wrong on so many levels since there are many games before it that were literally labeled as stealth games. Every time he mentions this triggers me and I always wish I can just shout out in the audience that he's wrong

I mean, he's a shill. That's plenty corporate.

not to the degree you'd have to be to get into this game. reedus and kojima are way over on the Left now, and this game is clearly leftleaning (hillary expy president, themes of "creating bridges" and uniting people and there will be more diversity and shit i'm sure)

Kojima lost the goty award back in 2015 to CDPR and will lose it again next year. This self-indulgent, circlejerk ''game'' will get trounced by Cyberpunk 2077.

Attached: 956756756.png (686x397, 277K)

those games you think were stealth games dont count.

I'm not saying it's wrong to feel positive or negative about what's being presented before the game releases. I'm saying you shouldn't be so sure about your current thoughts and jump between extremes and make rash decisions, particularly with pre-ordering since it's been proven time and time again it can be an unnecessarily risky gamble.

>will lose it again next year
At least inform yourself a little better if you want to make decent shitpost.

>You can't even hide bodies.
So you've never played the games?

Female president=/=Shillary Clinton

Kojima just sucks celebrtiy cock, that's really as deep as this goes

it's very clearly hillary, david cage is also far left and did the exact same thing in Become Human

No it isn't

Rent free

>repurposing memes your political opponents came up with
lmao

Attached: gb2.jpg (564x538, 38K)

>those games you think were stealth games dont count.
They were literally stealth games though. It's always westerners saying Kojima created it when in Japan everyone there knows it wasn't. It doesn't make sense lying to people like that

Strand game my ass, journey and Dark souls did it first

I voted for Trump and align squarely right on just about any actually political topic, but Death Stranding is not about Hillary and she is living in your head without even having to pay rent

Does anybody in the world actually care who some video gaming award goes to?

They do. It's called jewish nepotism.

>you now remember Joel McHale absolutely ruining Geoff Keighley's VGA's one year