Underrail: Expedition

I'm still waiting for that rare anime picture unsullied by jpg artifacts.

Attached: w.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Info_for_Abram
fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9441
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ssshhhh

Where do i buy sledgehammers?

Literally craft them, its easier
Also all weapon traders sell them

I'm going to put everything I can't sell on this shelf.

Attached: phat lewt.png (694x613, 382K)

Crafting materials on desk
Weapons and armours on a locker
Ammo and weapon utilities on the other
Misc, keys, cards, quest items and useless junk on the shelves
Meds, organs, plants on the footlocker

It's all yours my friend

Attached: makoto9.jpg (552x915, 49K)

Is there anything in this game that's not hilariously trivialized or made at least not impossible with molotovs/emp nades/flashbangs/adrenaline? I like how this game forces you to use all the tools you can to get past obstacles, it's very rare to see decent consumables in contemporary rpgs.

You forgot Gas nades, caltrops, bear traps and Force Fields

Bro...

Attached: hoarding basement.jpg (1441x901, 328K)

Mustard gas and pungi spikes are war crimes user

Attached: insetguldukat1.jpg (550x300, 45K)

Attached: 1565840471924.png (291x185, 10K)

So what builds have you all had the most fun with? Larping as a ninja with a spear and dagger has been a lot of fun, i haven't reached the point where i can get cut throat yet but it's gonna be great i'm sure.

I really enjoyed full psi, despite being considered easy, which is true

i'm having a lot of fun as a spear and shield dude
guard, spear guardian, and a decent shield are making me pretty much immune to melee damage, i tanked the pulverizer and carnifex on dominating

>tfw after dumping 60 hours into expedition this week and starting over 3 times to try the new weapons i haven't even touched the new psi stuff yet
I still want to try a chem pistol build and a full sneaky psi user, i appreciate the prologue even after going through it 50 times but it's starting to get tedious.

What did you think of boarding up? I could never seem to get it stacked quickly enough

>i tanked the pulverizer and carnifex on dominating
holy shit that's pretty impressive. I'm about to face carnifex at level 10 on hard with a mobile light weight sword build. I'm scared also i've never been able to beat him before despite sinking hundreds of hours into the game.

boarding up is great, with spear guardian specc'ed you'll have 100% block chance with spear guard
boarding up bumps that block ammount even further while also boosting your shield bash damage

put on heavy armor, it allows you to survive the first turn, then stun him, then molotov for fear

He resists every CC i'm tried on him. Do i just have to git gud (get good rolls)?

Chem pistol/grenadier /w temp manip and forcefield by far. Played surv psi, spear, sniper before all on dominating.

>always skill points available
>no choking on feats
>almost psi-level effectiveness in combat
>pretty rich after Depot A

Is there a better feeling than warcrime'ing the Gray Army base on DOMINATING? Because damn it felt good. And I even forgot to bring any caltrops, but my buddies Napalm and Gas nade still carried me through.

>give the Beast a warm bath
>initially dismiss supersteel because I don't use metal at all
>mfw checking Leonie's stock
Why must these people try so hard to part me from my charons?

Attached: 1532787842306.png (328x324, 151K)

Share your build friend please

How do I pilot the submarine to the Abyssal Station?

It's telling me I need to get to L2, but I have no idea how to move the submarine there. I tried calling the Ferryman to have him tow it, but that doesn't work

Someone give me a quick rundown on the lore

you can try to tow it with the freighter jet ski

I had no idea you could tow shit with your own jet ski

I have a Devastator, I'll see if I can do it with that

Not that guy, but throwing/chem pistol are both pretty feat- and base stat-cheap since you're going dex for both anyways. Mad chemist, cooked shot, grenadier, and three-pointer are it for non-psi, I assume force user and whatever-the-temp-manip-feat-that-gets-you-psi-adrenaline feat are it. Add sprint, aimed shot, and nimble and you're good to go for the first 10 or so levels

towing is for freighter only

Is that the only way to do it? Because I just spent every penny I had on a Devastator and new shit for it

Goddamnit, talk about poor timing

molotov fear works on him, hopefully you have electrokinesis as well

Can't post pictures but starter stats 3 9 6 3 9 3 7. Starter feats aimed shot and sprint. Focus first on guns, throwing and mercantile, take crafting/lockpicking/hacking only as much as you need. Get grenadier plus tons (I used ~20) of molotovs before entering depot A. I leveled my psi skills long after depot to get forcefield, contraction and increment.

How to get coordinates for sub docking, I already searched everywhere in the nexus of technology

you can try selling the devastator and then stealling the parts out of it and just buying it again pretty sure this an exploit though

Hammer wizard is the first legit build I made alll by myself years ago
Now Im reaching end game content in DOMINATING

No regrets

Sub coordinates are in the basement of the security headquarters.

>only need 20 chemistry
>tfw stuck contemplating whether I should put 2 more points in it now or wait until I can increase it via synergy

How are shotguns on dominating? With the smart goggle and lens nerf all burst weapons seem meh damage vise.

>3 CON
I saw this in the last thread and don't understand how you don't get one shot by everything on dominating. Is this just the master save scummer glass canon build that reloads if you miss or lose initiative?

Reminder to get in motion whenever you visit core city.

Attached: underrail.jpg (1680x2224, 1.36M)

Are there any stat checks for 10+ int?

shotguns are great and it doesn't require a lot of feats to get them going

>master save scummer

I would say so in the start before you even get chem pistols but after that you get so many tools to make and control chokepoints you need really bad luck to reset normal fights.

Only true at the start, when you have more options it's hard to get hit
>oh no i missed 3 shots at 95% and out of AP
>psi adrenaline
>stasis
>keep killing with all your cds

Can you get inside the SGS agronomy lab without pickpocket? Killing Quinton and turning SGS hostile doesnt count

Suck up those paint fumes nigga.

Attached: 1565306617547.jpg (900x611, 68K)

What did you even forget in there?

I doubt it. You can't see the checks if you're too low so I can't be sure, but with 10 Int you can already learn unga bunga language during the span of a single conversation and get Philosophy III from Ferryman.

Forget? You can go there? I mean the locked room with all the mindshrooms, cave ears, and red mushrooms, the only way inside I know is to pickpocket the keycard from Quinton

>tfw only 8 INT so only ever got philosophy II

dont call, talk in person

Ah yeah, just figured that out about 30 seconds ago.

Feels a bit dumb

How many happy merchant points do I need to unlock the good stock on the high-tier traders?
100?

105 is the max check

I passed both checks on 9 int. Ferryman says the center is too complicated for me but I still got philosohy 3, weird.

That's for Oculus, right?

That's a bug, you need to exhaust all replies in one of the other topics.
Institute

>170 effective thought control on lvl 19
Uhhh
How much is too much?

pretty sure 200 beats every resolve defense in the game

I'm making a tin can with combat shotgun or normal shotgun, can someone spoonfeed me on headgear and shotgun crafting? And shotgun vs combat shotgun performance vs creatures and toughest robots?
idk, I have 450

Wait, it's 400, before someone corrects me.

normal pump shotguns are better than combat shotguns vindicator frame with short barrel and forward grip is best and headgear is just crit goggles

Super Steel aint that great
You're better off using pure Tungsten, and in one occassion pure TiChrome armor

... I guess there's never too much of it then, fug.

Are you sure? I'd imagine that combat shotguns have higher potential damage output in some situations. Or does nothing survive even the normal shotgun on DOMINATING?
Supersteel armor can reach 95% mech res too, energy immunity, higher heat res and less weight. Who keeps spreading this disinfo about it being worse than tungsten?
Enemies sometimes resist even with 400, it's pretty much normal for 1 or 2 enemies resist AoE enrage, especially some unga bungas. But random soldiers still resist too.

>Supersteel armor can reach 95%
Barely, and even if it did it isnt worth burning 12000 coins over it. Tungsten can reach these resistances easier, IF YOU'RE WILLING TO CARRY THAT WEIGHT
>energy immunity
Shields exists for that
>higher heat res
Mostly irrelevant, also TiChrome has higher heat resistances
>Less weight
Irrelevant for a Tin Can

Also worth noticing Tungsten has higher mechanical THRESHOLD, meaning you will be not affected by little spammy damages that can mess you up

At 375 Tchort still resisted my breakdown like 2-3 out of 10 times.

Hol the fuck up
Can you mentally breakdown a fucking eldritch god?

I'm a brainlet. Can someone explain to me have armor and resistances work? If something says mechanical 20%/9 does that mean it will reduce mechanical damage by a flat 20% and the higher the second number is, is the higher its priority? That's just a shot in the dark i have no idea.

I don't see any use for super steel (or any other metals other than tungsten, at least that I can turn into murder shells) for my character, but the infused leather sounds interesting. You can only infuse stuff with super steel, right?

did you read the wiki

If the damage is 9 or less you take 0 damage.
If it's higher than 9 it will be reduced by 20%.

>threatened Todd that I'd rip his arms off if he didn't open the gate
>he's run off
>spent 10 minutes looking for him and have no idea where he's fucked off too
FUCKING TODD

Shotguns are trash and are not working properly. I did a full shotgun build but the damage is always weirdly low even with the right feat and a high quality crafted shotgun.

tungsten is unarguably sturdier than super steel, but it should be, because it weighs a fuckload.
are you immobile? yes
do you have the highest mech resistance? also yes

Yes, once you got Super Steel plates, you can ask Leonie, the metal vendor at the entrance of Foundry, to work and reshape that SS into either SS fiber or SS sheets
She also sells the Infused Leather blueprint, buy it and and download it, pay Leonie to work the metal for you, placing it the footlocker infront of her, she will leave her SS fiber on the same footlocker, the process is instant, no waiting time.
After that, you can infuse any animal leather with SS fiber, which will make it stronger and give it special abilities

I'm a tin can with psychokinesis hammer, but I must say I fell inlove with cave hopper infused leather, crafting tabi boots and leather armor with it will make you move so fast outside combat, give you an absurd amount of MP and drastically reduce Sprint cooldown, it's fucking great

Gotcha. Does the leather quality matter for infusion? I use cave hopper leather actively myself, but I haven't seen them past 40 quality.

>Tfw clearing out core city of its bandit scum and gangsters one block at a time

Attached: punisher-1-maleev-variant-1.jpg (825x464, 54K)

pistol

Yes and no, the 'special bonus' will always be the same, for example infused leather cave hopper tabi boots will always have Sprint cooldown, HOWEVER, I -think-, the higher the leather quality the greater is the added bonus, reducing Sprint cooldown by different meters, for example for CH leather.

Although I'm not sure, I actually never though of that before, I'm not sure if it's the leather quality or SS fiber quality, but you should not think about it much since 40 quality is the maximum for the item.
Next time you have 2 different SS fibers, check out the stats to see if they are different, using the same leather but 2 fibers of different qualities

You can get "high" (50+) quality hopper leather in the hopper cemetery

All that stealthed scum on a 3 PER guy was pretty nasty.

There are RESISTANCE and THRESHOLD
Resistance reduces the damage you recieve by a %, for example:
If you have a 50% mechanical resistance
A sniperfag shoots you from afar, dealing 100 damage to you
Because bullets deal mechanical damage, and you have 50% mechanical resistance, that 100 damage gets reduced a 50%, meaning you will end recieving 50 damage in total
Threshold is the static value your armor will completely absorb and protect you from
Say if you have 30 mechanical threshold, then a SMGfag spams 20 bullets at you, a bullet that dealt 20 damage will be reduced to 0, for your threshold is greater, but if a bullet deals 35 damage, you will recieve just 5 damage after your threshold is applied

Worth noticing, when calculating damage only ONE protection is calculated, and is usually the one that offers the most damage reduction (less damage)
If the sniperfag shoots you for 100 damage, the 50% resistance will apply, for it reduces the damage to 50, and not the threshold, for it would leave it to 70, giving less protection
If a SMGfag hosses you with bullets for an average damage of 25 damage, threshold will apply, for that 30 mechanical threshold will protect you more than your resistance reducing all mechanical damage a 50%, which will leave around 12-13 damage per bullet, giving the less protection

/autism

nice post and your english is pretty good

>He hasn't memorized where every stealthed enemy is
Hahaha what a fucking casual i have no life

>your english is pretty good
Is this sarcasm?

Attached: so innocent and pure.png (105x225, 12K)

not him, but it seems good to me

Attached: okthen.png (256x186, 64K)

Can someone give me a nice Sword + Board build? My current play through with Ballistic Pistols (Yeah, I know. I didn't realize they were shit) is very frustrating and my character has ended up more as Mr. Molotov/Gas Grenade man.

Attached: 1559702519705.jpg (491x650, 50K)

>switching to one gimp build to another gimp build
Are you some kind of masochist?

Sword and Board seems better than Pistols. At least, random Sword + Shield NPCs seem to kick my ass.

That's because of shitty firearm pistols

>doesn't know how shit works
>tries to explain it to someone else

Might be, the ESL detector is going crazy.

>Hey there it would be a shame if i waddled over to you and stung you
>Do you like stuns? They're my favorite
>Don't mind me going back into stealth and not even attacking you, i live to be annoying
>Awww did you check every corner and waste your flares on me? That's cute
What the actual fuck was stygg thinking?

Attached: Crawler.png (100x100, 6K)

>What the actual fuck was stygg thinking?
STING

Attached: HMMMM.png (491x700, 557K)

Where can I buy an Electroshock Generator? I need one for crafting and no one in SGS seems to sell one.

Hmmm... Maybe a trader specialized in electronics will have one...

where do you find the shit you need to hoist the drums in the boneyard? and how do i deal with the fucking invincible ghosts?

is expedition relevant to the main story?

try in junkyard. a bunch of traders there have a chance to sell that and the chick near the embassy is a good bet too

Do I miss much by just dirty kicking Todd in the nuts? I dont want to kill him, but not going to solve his bullshit.

The crank is somewhere in the graveyard, I think it can be on a grave, but I just found it on a random wall.
As for the ghosts, I just changed zones every time I got one on me and they were gone when I came back.

>implying any of that makes them less annoying
9 perception and goggles that increase my detection by 90% + 10 flares and these fucks still don't get knocked out of stealth. Fuck off they're not hard just time consuming and annoying.

Need a couple more points in electronics for this one, casting fist on psychosis build is going to be absolutely absurd.

Attached: i cast fist.png (405x350, 16K)

Attain 50 damage threshold
Attain 10 CON
Attain Thick Skull
Drop caltrops everywhere

Stop being such a weakling

just block them bro

Attached: file.png (289x189, 54K)

Yeah, a whopping extra 45% on a 3 turn CD ability.
You forgot electrokinetic imprint. I just place on on the corner, make some noise and then whack them all at once with AoE.

Attached: Distortionheadband.jpg (308x681, 91K)

Did I miss out on Abram's quest?
Did early game quests in order, planted the bug in embassy and then went to do stuff like next 10 hours in Hathor, Rail Xing etc. but Abram is not in Core City HC bar.

You have to rescue Maura after planting the bug.

go to junkyard slums again

Did you check upstairs?
Is jack outside?

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Info_for_Abram
If you fucked up, he won't show up again.

If you didnt fuck up, then go to Junkyard entrance, then go west, go inside a little cave, he will be awaiting you there, to Free Maura

exit junkyard west from where you first meet him

I like caltrops for my anti-stalker utility. It doesn't slow them down much but it lets you know exactly where they are since the damage still shows in the combat feed even if you haven't detected them.

It's pretty stupid that insects don't have Sure Step. How would they even hurt themselves on a caltrop when they have thin legs encased in chitin?

Robots can't take the trops either.

bros.... 3 agility and no sprint is so fucking cancer and bad but i dont know what to drop for them as chem guns (im at 10 dex 4 con 10 perception and 7 int)

Coil spiders are not affected by caltrops -I think-

>No Sprint
Even a tin can like myself see's NOT having Sprint as unbearably painful

Boot springs

> but I just found it on a random wall.
was it highlighted when pressing tab?

supersteel isn't just plates, you can make it into string, which can be used to improve any leather with the infuse leather blueprint.
it's actually rather hard to make a build that won't have any benefit from any form of infused leather armor/boots at all.
even the strongest tard could use infused pig leather boots (+30 carry capacity) for hauling loot.

it's either on the floor and its highlighted on tab or it is already on a random hoist, meaning you need to check every single one until you find it

Threadly reminder that telekinetic proxies imitate your telekinesis spells in its range.
I thought my muscle wizard was strong, this showed me he was actually absurdly OP.

where does Aran ambush you after you decline his offer in the bar?

i want me that fancy armor

does no one really sells incediary collector before depot a? how am i supposed to get throught with chem guns

Fellow hammer wizard or psi monk?

I'm gonna do it Yea Forums
I'm taking salesman and max mercantile with 16 int

Attached: 1555068725660.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

good to know that you are a retarded zoomer that doesnt read tooltips
post your build bre

I'm stuck with the choice between 7 Con + Juggernaut or 6 Agi + Sprint on a tin can shotgun build. What do? Another option is not maxing out Per and getting both, after some level ups.
Literally just throw gasoline at them.

In your house or after you get off the train at Rail Crossing.

Gil Toss feat when

I feel like TK is kind of shit unless you specificlally spec into it with all its feats and gear.
Everything just has a ton of mechanical res, force emission barely even does anything most of the time, I heavily rely on ctis on my unarmed build so the force emission damage looks like scratches in comparison.
I leave it off now and use the psi for time manipulation fuckery and the occasional metathermic AoE nuke.

>I feel like TK is kind of shit unless you specificlally spec into it with all its feats and gear.
Psychokinesis has the trait that muscle wizard are actually stronger than pure psikers when it comes to sheer psychokinesis potential, so yes, it makes some sense that Psychokinesis is stronger on STR wizards
>Everything just has a ton of mechanical res
Not really
> force emission barely even does anything most of the time
My psi monk begs to differ, he's damage output is fucking insane with powerfist + proxy + force emission + combo

HELLO
WHAT MODULATOR DO I WANT FOR BABBYS FIRST PSIMAN HEADBAND

Abyssal Station is spooky

Attached: 1466028257341.jpg (300x375, 32K)

Universal with muffler and neuroscopic filter if you have a high crit chance.

What build?
Hybrid Psi or pure Psi?

You mean atmospheric.

>Started the expansion
>Everyone says to genocide the natives first thing so they don't keep assaulting the base
>Everyone also complains about spooky ghosts
>Start to genocide the native village in the top northwest of the map
>Kill Magnar who I assume is the native chieftain
>Those spooky ghosts pop up and I can't even see what he had on his body

Did I go about doing this in an unintended way?

Pure Psychosis

Universal headband with muffled and stable neural ampliflier

You can't fight his ghost unless you've juiced up

The ghosts people are complaining about are different things though

Oh okay I'm glad I have that on me then, thanks.

Cheers!

>mfw todd

Attached: 1471124639205.jpg (540x472, 54K)

Fuuuck, where is this oil in the slavbros base? I am tired of coughing at their KOMRADE OFFICIER

At last, I truly see.

Attached: pew.jpg (1700x1080, 399K)

>mfw void creatures

Attached: 1404784503312.jpg (512x384, 32K)

In the magatzin

>Killing the natives
>Mass enraging them and watching guards kill the women and the elders stabbing each other to death
>Putting psi bombs on the women and having them spread the bombs to each other
>The general war crimes that are gas grenades

Attached: bad.gif (500x268, 1024K)

Now you're learning, bre

Fire, gas and poision caltrops are the biggest war crimes

There aren't enough quests in the city hubs, there's usually only like 1-2 side quests even if they're fleshed out and not "collect x boar asses" it's still disappointing. My only complaint and problem with the game.

the "fuck, dude" of underrail
and it's not even advatongue

>"collect x boar asses"
kek

There are people in this thread that didn't save todd and help him overcome his trauma and send him to live with the ferryman

Hey user, what do you think of the faceless invasion?

Attached: 061ad0fe29b3a592a931eb0da4777a111d6aa974r1-500-213_hq.gif (500x213, 1.46M)

So I kinda just joined the Illuminati who operate from an alien superstructure.
There's... a lot more going in the world than it seemed at first, huh?

You just begun to take the redpill user
More is soon to come

say, lads, do I give the Acorn to the professor?

>Threadly reminder that telekinetic proxies do exactly what their tooltip states they do

When do shotguns and spears become "fun"? I'm around level 10 with both, and they are both okay, but shotguns aren't quite the murder sticks I was hoping and my spear is both relatively weak and isn't really saving my ass from dying as much as I would like.

tfw 100% critchance with decapitate on red dragon

Attached: feels-good-man-cool-7969876.png (500x522, 114K)

>dog on top of a flare
>accuracy keep switching between 36 and 63
This is retarded
At least there is an indicator for ambush now I guess??

My whole life has been a lie. It feels like every Oculite is a different kind of redpill to boot.

Attached: 20190820215731_1.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

>Hop over to junkyard at lvl 3 and make a plasma pistol
>1 shotting everything with 10 int high-technicalities non-crits

If you have Doctor feat or enough Persuation, you can ask him about his wheezing
Do it, it's F U N

62 health. Carnifex survived with 62 health (on hard) i'm done with this trash game.

>Stealth 160+
>Detection 300+
Tides are turning

yup

Attached: 20190729201005_1.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

>he cant kite Carnifex forever
Just hilarious bre

I'm not a gunfag, fag.

fuck, wrong one

Attached: 20190731012500_1.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Yes and?

I believe in you user. The only way to truly get filtered is to give up.

Attached: 1548309849760.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

>he gets to laugh at your reaction to his face
>you get to laugh at the local information god becoming dumbfounded
Fun IS the best descriptor for that dialogue. Does he actually visit Wyatt eventually?

Attached: 20190820215423_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

>tfw 3 int crafting

Attached: 1396972677035.jpg (500x667, 59K)

reminder normal is the perfect difficulty, hard+ ai is retarded as fuck, the health and healing gimp don't apply to your enemies, and the increase in enemies is the only thing of worth in higher difficulties that aren't dominating

Was he a native Junkyardigan or Ezra's buddy?

It's also stupid that taking environmental damage doesn't drop stealth, and this is coming from someone who always plays with max stealth.

Yeah Id rather go watch a movie than play on normal

>every reply to this says to do this thing BEFORE you know they're even there, and doesn't explain why they're not an annoying enemy to fight
Oh, they're not a problem anymore. They're not fun, but they're not a problem.

no, thats just giving it to the tin cans by proxy and probably getting the professor beat up in the process, the only non retarded options are azif or erza

seethe harder, marcellus wallus

Why would you play an autistic build simulator game and play on the difficulty where you can still win regardless of your build?

Attached: k.jpg (292x365, 35K)

But the protectorate are the only beacon of civilization among the retardfest that is s*uth underrail

Is there a more satisfying and overly setup optional quest punchline than the Ratking's bar joke?

Attached: schnik.png (396x298, 184K)

Actually give it to the Protectorate for a good payout. Either that or to the Edgelord

How good is sprint these days with the expansion release? I heard there is a psi skill that can replace sprint?

what kinda fag are you then?

You can still get fucked if you don't build right. Not that I"m saying you can't make some really weak shit work.

also, it's fun

Psychotemporal Contraption

I'd imagine Ezra underneath his mask doesn't look much different, but it sounded like Abram knew the unfortunate muties at the old Junkyard at some point.

What must I do to start the philosophical talks with the Ferryman?

And a ching chong bing bong to you young lady

>ameriburger education

Ok someone please help me. I have absolutely no fucking idea how I'm supposed to progress here. I just spent 5 minutes waiting in the room to my left to see if robots would lose detection, but no. If I got back through the north door, there's 2 naga protectors right at the doorway. I can't use the security terminal because Im instantly detected by the robots and you can't use it in combat. What the FUCK are you supposed to do here?

Attached: TEDIUM.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

why did you even come back there?

What do you mean? I came through from the north door and it leads to a dead end through the west door.

cheese the turrets

It gives you half the movement points of sprint and costs 75 psi. The bigger payoff is that it gives you AP. The psifags who have the setup to push costs down probably don't give a shit about movement anyway, and only take sprint because they don't need many feats and don't have many early options anyway.

Still, the AP is great and it + the cooldown reducing temporal ability can find a lot of use in builds that don't use offensive psi.

>walking around
>suddenly 8 crabs
>sound gives me a god damn heart attack

Dammit Styg

Is it worth rushing to junkyard right at the start for a chem pistol? Can you even make one worth using right then?

>It gives you half the movement points of sprint
user??? this is simply not true both give 30 movement speed

Stand in the doorway you faggot

My bad. For some reason I thought it was 15 in both. Still, 75 psi would be outrageous to use it for sprinting.

i mean you have your items back there is no point in going back there you should have clicked the console when you were there the first time as then the maidens dont trigger
you are supposed to ride the elevator to the top

You wont have the cash to buy all the parts and the blueprint, and no skill to craft it so this is pretty much pointless

Taser is super underrated, or at least I don't see many people talk about it. It makes Death Stalkers not so horrible to fight.

Is it possible to get high quality rathound leather? It always seems to drop fairly low

max is 50 quality just go kill the alphas

you want it as an extra adrenaline not a replacement for sprint because only tranquility builds can really use it freely because of the ridiculous psi cost, psychosis will rarely ever use it except when you really need a burst in one turn and you couple it with adrenaline since they stack

builds that use TM as support might use it more often but thats only because even with the ridiculous cost you don't really mind spending all that psi since your damage comes from other sources

depends on the difficulty, and how well optimized is your build, the problem is that its very rare to find one to straight up buy, and the parts are also random so you might not get the ones you need to craft it, you shouldn't bother going to check unless you really need it and can't progress with a regular pistol and grenades

>patrolling plasma sentry
>open door, wait in stealth
>shoot it
>close door
>end combat
>go back to step 1
wtf I love dominating
I should just go back and buy some consumables but Im lazy

yes i know, psi gunners benefit the most out of this yes and i am using it as a replacement for sprint.

How do I get Ezra to quit NEETdom?

pretty sure if Ezra ever started caring about anything he'd wipe out a major city in the process

How much throwing points would I need not to blow myself up on a regular basis?

15-30

I like having around 80 effective

How do I get Dude in SGS and drag him to Ezra?

Ezra is god-tier Biokorp teknokrat who has all their knowledge. He knows what happened to the Surface, where psi came from, who the godmen were and all their enemies.

So wait, that statue you can break spike from, is all that is left of more or less friendly tribal?

Given how much extra content/lore you get with high INT/WILL (And their respective associated skills) are we even supposed to play anything but a psi-god?

oh god, getting a freighter was a mistake, now I can't stop hoarding things
I have so many crab parts

Bullshit he knows all that. Some esoteric knowledge and informed guesses and theory, sure, but the truth? Bullshit.

No, that's Steve.

should I go tranquility or psychosis if I intend to make a character that goes all in in the 4 psi schools?

Who? Also there are scales lying around near it. Where is he then?

It's pretty clear that Styg has a huge boner for psionics (thought control especially) and science-y stuff.

tranquility, psychosis is useless for temporal manipulation

Steve Heave. You don't know Steve?
Also are you dumb? The statue is there from the beginning.

Fixxer always has the materials in stock. Like 5+ of each.

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: 20190820221102_1.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

Never seen that name. Also I never visited that place, only went there after tribal told about going there.

yeah, because its one of the only crafting-only items thats not sold by any vendors because.. memes?

Who did you ask about again?

Abram.

I'd imagine he gets pissy no matter who you ask about, though.

Imagine if Underrail wasn't solo only and you had Ezra, Dude and Azif in your party.

Join the pirates next time and they will tell you the story of Steve the Pirate Who Wanted to Become a Statue

speaking of TM how many points should I put into it? Looking at the abilities, they don't seem to scale all that well with effective TM skill (some don't even scale at all)

55 or 70 if you don't want to fully commit, depending on if you like stasis or not

Never leave home without it. I have maxed (for my level) thought control and psychokinesis for CC purposes, and yet I feel like the shitty taser I put together from 40q materials is more reliable than any metro magic I can dish out.

He does. He read the mind of Tanner too and knows everything. The Old Biocorp never fell it went underground to counter galactic threats and Ezra is the only operative in physical reality. Government denies the truth wake up.

solo is based. Group is cringe.

What happens to Todd after you get the Acorn? I can't find him anywhere in the station, I was kinda hoping I could take him home with me

Attached: 1558658189700.jpg (1115x868, 39K)

nah Ezra probably tried to read Tanner's mind, found it was impossible and then didn't bother him again
he's the definition of "I'm to old for this shit"

not all of them, sometimes he will be missing 1 type of the materials you need, unless something changed in the expansion, the last acid pistol dominating run i did was before the expansion, but i don't see why his inventory would have changed

Oh, well thats interesting. Good to know that tribal isnt ded though. Those savages are scum, but this one was cool at least.

Didn't you find him in the submarine?

if you told him you will get him to the surface and helped him resolve his personality issues, he will be inside the sub when you try to leave, you can choose where to send him afterwards

Ok, this is either really retarded or absolutely brilliant, bre.

11 str spear and shield spiker, mainly TC and just enough TM, and TK. 1 hand the psi spears, have a psi crab shield on a psi crab reinforced riot vest, with a psi head band. I dont even k ow if it's good, but a psychic hoplite is cool

I honestly don't understand crawlers. I throw out flares but it doesn't do anything, and they just come out, sting me, then go invisible again even though I am sitting in the center of a flare.

Derp, I went looking around the station trying to find him before I left, didn't realise he'd be literally waiting in the submarine

flares only destealth when thrown, after that they just provide light which can help spot crawlers, but only if you have god tier detection

Yeah this is my issue. I can get to level 5 or so before doing the GMG compound which is plenty high to craft basic chem pistols, but the cost is too high. I don't even enough stygians yet to even build a basic one, let alone have vials for it.

They sting you then run REALLY FAR away in most cases. Then they turn around and run back. A flare on the following turn won't generally catch them. If you fight them in an enclosed space it will since they can't hoof it, but otherwise, its best to drop an imprint or something.

I thought everyone knew taser was damn near mandatory if you don't at least have dirty kick. It stuns robots to too boot. What's not to love? I always thought it was broken as fuck considering it can be used 2-3 times per fight (long fights) it does damage and is a free stun for very little ap cost. It's bonkers i love that thing.

Just use guns then SMG
Also I found a energy pistol in the Junkyard electronic shop if you have stealth, not sure if its random loot or not

>if I intend to make a character that goes all in in the 4 psi schools?
Psychosis definitely if you're going to be mainly dealing damage with Psi skills rather than only using them solely for their support and crowd control abilities. Your crit chance is going to increase by a fuckton and it stacks with other useful shit like Biology's Focus Stim (+15% crit chance for 10 FUCKING TURNS) or with Constitution's Survival Instincts perk (+30% crit chance when below 30% HP), plus you get another skill that gives you a crit on demand, another Will 10 perk that increases psi crit DMG, and the DLC area has this staff as a COMMON DROP that increases crit DMG even further while also decreasing psi costs. Get Doctor's Pouch to decrease psi booster cost to nothingness and Metabolism perk and you won't even notice the increased psi cost from Psychosis.

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT

Attached: 4722d289ad537ba55a6e1cb02aca10d4.png (394x902, 460K)

Trying to use an SMG. A burst takes off about 10% of the health of a psi beetle. The .44 I grabbed at the very start is more useful at the moment.

Wait till they open their juicy brains

PSIONIC GODHOOD

PRAISE THE ULTIMATE BEING

Even then its about 20%. Basic starter SMGs are trash.

Not him but
>SMGs are trash
Yeah, we're not living in the past anymore user shotguns exist now. Save up your SGS funbucks and buy one.

Crawlers are probably the worst designed enemy in the game. They're something that people would rather avoid than fight.

How do I get the Ferryman to tell me about the Centre? I've exhausted all other dialogue, but he says I'm too dumb to understand it, even with 10 INT

Be careful user, people will tell you to git gud even though you're right.

>Crossbows are supposed to be worse than guns at penetrating armor
>Because of the ubiquity of tactical vests, Crossbows are better than guns at penetrating armor

Go back to previously talked topics and find new subtopics. I accidentally overlooked one as well: there's one topic that offers you several INT-check dialouge options but instead of those you have to pick the normal dialogue option as it opens up a new thing to talk about. Exhaust all of them as well and then ask about the Center. INT 10 is definitely high enough.

>psi is eldergod-tier in base game
>boost it even further in expansion
>nerf unarmed into the ground and include tons of "fuck you" encounters for melee characters

Why

The rng in this game doesn't seem right. I've had multiple instances of four 5% misses in a row, supposedly a 1/20^4 possibility, or 1/160,000. It's hard to believe that I'm just that unlucky but I know it's possible. Am I being too easily swayed by my own anecdotal experience or do others feel the same?

Attached: 1557609259312.png (211x157, 54K)

Early on, what is the most useful energy pistol to craft if I can only craft one? Laser?

How many time do you shoot in this game? Yeah

According to the people who allegedly tried it at the firing range, the rates check out over a sufficient sample pool.
Of course, you have to remember that all RNG in videogames is nothing but PSEUDO-RNG, as it's the best we can do at the moment.

Not millions. 1/160,000 is really fucking unlikely.

I in a million chance to work, works every time.

I could have sworn I went through each of the dialogue options like 10 times, but yeah, there was one thing I was missing, woops

You should never rely on a 95% chance
t. roguelike player

Ability to craft helmets out of Psi Beetle/Psi Crab plates to tell enemy Psionics to get fucked when?

>They're something that people would rather avoid than fight.
Is that a bad thing, though? Enemies that you'd rather avoid than take on make the world more interesting.

The jetski salesman literally says he's used his own freighter for towing for years.

I feel this way all the fucking time and it's nowhere near as bullshit as that. Enemies will ALWAYS hit me, I will ALWAYS miss that important shot.

holy fuck going from psi to guns build is so fucking painful not only psi has absolutely disgusting range but mostly 100% hit chance, with guns? some evasive enemy you are literally fucking fucked

b-but TM skills can't crit

Do you have to buy the freighter jet ski?

Distortion is broken as fuck anyway. Like 10 stacks will kill anything in the game.

>tfw playing a hybrid
>psi deals no damage outside of crits, but carries me with CC
>shotgun is always at 75% hit chance
All is as it should be and it feels pretty damn good.

Daily reminder the only acceptable build is Hammer wizard

I finally did it. Finally fucking beat carnifex on hard. That fight was crazy stupid and i save scummed more than i ever have in any video game. Every fucking thing has to go perfectly, after reloading 500 times i've realized stygg doesn't understand what 95% to hit means. 95% chance to hit in underrail does not apply to the laws of the universe and basic mathematics, he broke reality and probability with this fucking game. Fuck this game i quit, it's stupid.

maybe you'll git gud in another timeline

for real men to prove themselves, obviously

Tchort is a fag.

Not all of us choose to abuse molotovs and traps sweetie

>He didnt stun, restealth, and snipe carnifex down from full health.
Cringe

Does anything remain of the old supercorporations?

You get that for not being a tin can, and not using psychokinesis

Uh but I just needed a knife and a taser on dominating

Fag is Tchort, brother.

>he didn't face Carnifex one on one and beat him to death with his bare fists, proving himself the better man and fighter
plebe

Flash bang > dirty kick > net > my knife 7% chance to fear is all the CC i had that i could use in the two turns i had before he would kill me instantly. The only reason it took so long is because i kept getting fucked on 95% to hit flurries on a STUNNED enemy.

>Squishy knifefag complains how hard Carnifex dominated him
No surprises.
Bet you cannot even lift a hammer.

>knife
Uh user
Cut-throat? Cheap shots?

Laugh now tin man i'm going to microwave your armored brothers with pure psi once i finish this run and restart.

Here's the deal. You can go to the boneyard and never see the ghost. It triggers once you search a grave in any part of the dungeon. To get the crank without searching in graves you'll have to do some reloading. You basically search every one of the 4 chad burial sites, and if you don't find the crank sitting there, visible with tab pressed, proceed to reload and try again. As you search for it, mark the location with the particular grave you need. After that, it's only a matter of 3 timed actions, only one of which triggers the ghost, and it doesn't appear instantly anyway.
Or get a tesla armor and dab on the fool.

I want to see you try
If I survive the first round, I'm going to mind punch you to oblivion

>my dick is bigger than your dick
>nuh uh mine is bigger
>no mine
imbeciles

I wish there were more melee feats that worked against robots.

Why can I wrestle a fucking ghost but not throw down with a strongman?

>expecting anything more from 3 INT posters

The bigger the hammer, the bigger the dick
That's the rule

Post arena names.

Attached: 21654198489984.png (2560x1440, 2.04M)

The developer actually still updates the game.
Which raises the question, why is psi so fucking strong compared to everything else?
It HAS to be fucking deliberate. Why else would shit like LoC exist?

I got 'Paralizer' 3 times in a row
Turns out I really like my proxy punch combo huh

tin foil psi carapace helmet, reduce neural overload damage by 75 percent and immune to mental subversion

It is balanced and satisfactory.

Attached: 1 thousand hours in ms paint.jpg (1600x674, 199K)

This
Crawlers are deliberately unfun
However sometimes you can sic them on other NPCs and that's pretty sweet

Attached: eatshit.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

>Sniper
>Force Emission
>Compass
You, my bre, are the ultimate slavic shitposter

no idea Styg has probably never played a gun build or he made it so his psi build never has a problem with guns

How the fuck am I supposed to clear out my footlocker at the end of Expedition, it's got way too much shit in it

>PC misthrows his emp and takes out his own shield
>PC misthrows a plasma III and kills himself in the same turn

I use a sword and have both sprint and temporal. It's fucking great. And not even that costly since I have premeditation.
Everything stacks well with the illusion thing from TC which ensures I don't get hit while I flurry 4 times in a row.

>Tfw i'm running a 3 int melee unga bunga machete man
Don't make fun of me, brainlets are people too.

Attached: 1559526404757.jpg (749x694, 96K)

I dropped my entire inventory and took about 5 trips back and forth between the camp and SGS.

I just reduce my volume while in the crab areas. The SFX for them is badly mastered and needs fixing. It's like antlions all over again, only worse. This time it's dark and you don't expect a thing.

anyone has katana meme pic?

I had to work hard for this moment. Avoiding Cripplina was truly the hardest, most defining part of my career as a gladiator and I'd like to thank my teacher, the trustworthy robotic zombie-looking monstrosity, for teaching me how to get good titles.

Attached: 20190819120531_1.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

I suppose I'll do that, I mean the rift is only like 50 feet away, but shit, it's still a lot of effort

Yup, reload the arena fight for a good one.

>trustworthy robotic zombie-looking monstrosity
Don't be rude to ezra's meat puppet disguise.

The only name that is worthy of Nikolai.

Attached: 20190814134133_1.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

that feeling when I got the immortal on my first playthrough

Brutalizer, pretty badass title

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 20190820173924_1.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

I was Mr. Freeze on my first playthough due to mostly using cryopistol.

Should've brought a torch.

>No torch
Time to reload, jack.

Just consider it a compliment. It's... a unique look, yeah. He makes it work.

Void beasts are killable, though the Shadowlith can only be torched.

Paralyzer. Not the best, not the worst.

Styg is Ezra and Ezra is a sniper/TC build.

Attached: 1565107158938.jpg (495x328, 63K)

>needing the torch
>not just running for your life like a little girl
pfft, amateurs

Wait, you can kill the Monolith? Aw fugg, I even had the Torch with me at the time, didn't know I could destroy it

I beat Magnar to death twice with my bare hands, I'm a fucking man.

Firestarter. I'm living the mono Red dream.

Gotta get stasis for that.

You can get 8 or so without stasis actually. Which is enough to kill ALMOST anything in the game.

Fucking Chop. Well, you are Dude's dog in this game, so at least it's fitting.

But if you dont have 6 int, you can't be a katana master.

where torch

>I beat Magnar to death twice
>with my bare hands
Fist bros never fail

Wasn't it fixed? See patch logs from 14th of August.

Is he lying?

Attached: self-inserts.png (1360x241, 30K)

How does this look for a Spear build? I wanna go full caveman and kill/steal everyone I find.
Dunno if I should drop one of the psi and get traps.

Attached: f13314619c2e359be9e462e8cfd9cbda.png (963x934, 77K)

DILATE speedy shotty. Shit I'm so strong I can afford to use Overcoated Riot Gear just to look cool.

Look that man in the empty socket he calls eyes and ask him again. When he answers, you will know the truth.

I read that you need Will for lore checks and learning more lore in general. Anyone know exactly how much Will you need? Is there enough extra lore to be found that makes it worth it?

Not really, I mean, 6 stacks ain't gonna do shit to a strongman, let alone a naga protector. Nagas resist anything up to 8, plus or minus, in my case.

ezra is his si obviously

9/10 and you'll get most stuff I think

Ok, how the fuck do non-psionics even start off the playthrough on DOMINATING? It was tough as a psionic, but now that I'm doing a playthrough without psi, I have no clue. I can't kill a single psi beetle with my pistol before it kills me with neural overloads, my machete has 10% to hit it and doesn't deal damage for shit anyway. Even if I could afford to buy a rifle or a shotgun, I have no ammo. Can't take on a bunch of gangsters either because I have tissue paper for armor. Can't find an armor plate of a low enough quality to craft a tactical vest with. What do?

>No mention of Electro Imprint
That shit trivializes Crawlers. Get into a corner, place it in front of you. Let it stun the first crawler, skip turn to let the stealthed ones gather up, then nade them all.

What joke would that be?

Grenades and traps until your build start to take off
>I can't kill a single psi beetle with my pistol
user pls you can kite them across the map even with 3 agi

To be honest my easiest start out of all of my runs was by far sledgehammer. Getting a shock sledge asap is your top priority, then it's just making sure you never run out of adrenaline. Completely trivializes early DOMINATING.

Your build is shit. I can't imagine swords without psi, it just sucks in the early game. Maybe with metal armor, but that would mean max strength and 3 DEX.

You should also pump Thought Control to max. There's a handful of other psionic school lore bits as well but the vast majority of things require either Will, Thought Control or both. Might as well set Will to 10 because you can unlock "Locus of Psi Is Totally Balanced t. Styg" perk to go with it.

There's also several INT checks as well if you want more stuff, as far as I'm aware 10 for it should be enough. Essentially to get the most lore out of the game you need to be a woke cave wizard. Late game has a handful of very high Hacking checks that unlock more lore as well and it scales with INT, if I'm not remembering wrong 110 or 130 effective skill was enough.

For even more lore make sure to do both Jack Quicksilver and Abram's quest lines without any fuck ups.

please post Red Dragon chart

How much should i pump persuasion for skill checks? It's at 75 right now when should i stop?

What's the proper way to go pure psi? Because I feel like you're kinda weak at the start since you have no good armor and no weapons.
>Str: 3
>Dex: 3
>Cont: 3
>Agility: 6
>Perception: 5
>Intelligence: 10
>Will: 10

Not him but will not doing Jack's early-game deliver-the-box quest have any ramifications on meeting him in CC?

If you don't deliver his package you can't do his questline

well shit

Did you not invest points in it at all? Mine melts them at 5 stacks.

>persuasion scales of WIL, not INT

Thanks anons. I was planning on 10 Will for my build so that works out great.

That makes perfect sense though

>Will measures your character's mental determination to see to his action regardless of various mental difficulties, such as pain, suggestion and overwhelming odds, as well as to force his will onto others and the environment.
Yup.

>forcing your will is the same as persuading someone
Do you live in the emirates?

Two popular builds are 3/3/9/3/3/10/9. This works best with Psychosis Psi for Survival Instincts. Other folks will go 3/3/3/8/3/10/10.Give or take a point or two in Agi or Int. This tends to be a stealth Psi, generally Tranq. Up to you.

INT already governs 7 skills, more than any other ability. Persuasion is a good fit for WILL. I'm less sure about Intimidation, but I can't think of a better replacement.

The main problem is that I can't kill for shit even if they're trapped. I have about 35 effective Guns skill at this point and my pistol deals less damage than the amount of action points it costs to fire it, with poor aim. I bought some molotovs, but they can't kill anything on their own.
All I can think of is restarting and playing a psionic, leveling psi skills up to utility thresholds and then switching to firearms when I can actually kill something with them.

>being smart is the same as persuading someone
Good news for spergy scientists everywhere

'kay

Are there any oddities in the starting area? and I mean like at the base.

Is there any benefit to keeping the Acorn for yourself, other than general smugness points?

G L O W
N I G G E R

Are you stuck at newton rescue? Well I hope you can either craft or buy HE grenade or molotov
Once you're inside you open door under stealth, wait for max AP, throw your nade, close door, end combat, repeat until all bugs are ded

this fucking post again

fuck off retard we dont care

Attached: 5e33fdde40a26972db48ed74306a438f.png (379x248, 25K)

this shit has already been posted a few threads ago, nigger

For the most part is the game always beatable unless you do something supremely stupid like go jack of all trades?

>Perception: 5
Remove PER entirely. It's useless for full-blown psikers since both psi hit chance and spell effectiveness depend entirely on effective skill level. You shouldn't be using weapons at all except stuff like that directly increase your spell power.

Attached: 8914f45fe19206de1d82e8407d9dd73c.png (422x193, 5K)

Yeah, I guess that might work. What after that though? I won't have the money for tactical vest if I buy HE blueprint and materials.

As long as you're focusing in at least one combat skill and maybe one defensive every level, I would think so. You may have to skip certain boss fights though.

On normal, yes for sure. On hard? Maybe if you git gud and git good rng. On dominating? I can only imagine suffering i haven't tried it myself yet. Just stick to a theme and you will be fine.

Leaving per on 5 means he won't be stepping on every single fucking mine in the game even without detection goggles. It's not a bad investment at all.

What does a psi user use for defense anyway? Evasion? dodge? armor?

You'll get some cash from Tanner once you're done with Newton then you go have fun in Junkyard
SILENT ISLE WILL KILL YOU

Psi?

A tac vest and his mind.

Tactical vest with added psionic parts and having all the enemies stunned/incapacitated/fearful/dead every turn.

Mobility

The quickload button will do just fine as you pop out of the corner and land disabling spells at 100% accuracy.

JK get stealth bro

So you know how when you go into the armory you can say you had a shotgun? Is it possible to get a non shit one with high persuasion? Or do you get stuck with that shitty one.

Also remember this simple truth about pistols: Bigger IS better for a complete beginner. Aimed shot from a point blank range with a .44 can one shot a psi beetle with a decent gun skills and getting the upper value of the damage range.

Stealth, mobility, all the cc in the world, and a good shield.

Are you, by any chance, using a 5mm pistol to fight?

You get the shitty one
You cant use a real one because of low skill anyway

I use nothing, I just don't get hit. I have a shield for emergencies, but I use Rathound King armour for extra movement even though it has pretty bad defence

All manners of crowd control and erecting a literal impenetrable wall between you and the enemy. As long as they get to act first in combat, either from stealth or manually initiating it from behind a corner, they can make the enemies completely unable to even attack. As plan B pure psikers usually have very high INT as well so they can also craft the best tactical vests and energy shields in the entire game. And yeah you can add evasion and dodge on top of that.

What type of shield should I be looking out for early-game?

Any shield is better than no shield

After 150 hours on one character as a Psi Monk im ready for another run. Are shotguns actually good or hot garbage?

Do the CC thought control skills have 100% chance to succeed once you level it high enough against a low resolve enemy or it'll always have a chance to fail?

.44 that I can only fire once per turn.

Can I find Yngwar anywhere after he goes to the monolith?

If you're planning to use the .44 you'll want to start with the Gunslinger perk and fairly high dexterity, with 10 dex + gunslinger you can fire .44s twice a turn.

Nah.

No, just his scales and if you're unlucky, also his bones

*appears behind you*

*unsheathes katana*

im a little sad im not gonna be beating that one guys 15k damage energy pistol execute

Attached: pssssh.png (448x593, 236K)

Think he only crisps if you don't tell him about what you saw in the Monolith.

Max capacity and Low Frequency. I feel that pretty much all frequency shields block high and very high speed attacks (energy shots and explosions) well to the point of redundancy, whereas bullets are almost always handled by armor, especially ones that get extra threshold against bullets. Crossbow users on the other hand are the bane of my existence and they go straight through high frequency shields and often inflict some nasty effects like stuns.

What are the highest hacking/lockpicking checks in the base game? What about expedition? I want to know when I can stop investing points into it. I do know about the engineering suit and huxkey, but not sure when I'll get them.

>tfw nothing left to do except DC, so now I'm just wandering around killing time while I wait for Aran to try and kill me so I can get his OP gear

Does Aran only appear after you grab the Acorn, or is he at the bar earlier than that?

once you get the acorn

dont have to report to the professor about abyssal station and end the expedition though

He is at the bar before that but will tell you to fuck off if you talk to him.

What's the exact trigger, is it starting the Expedition or is it something later? If it's just starting, you could probably get Red Dragon pretty early by cheesing with gas grenades.

Considering I found a random low shield, I must have struck some luck, huh?

Hacking 135 (but theres like one so 130 actually)
Lockpicking 130
Keep in mind that tools dont help when hacking computers

Yeah, but more so for crowd control. I need points elsewhere.

I don't know, I installed the DLC and looked into the bar by chance and he was there. Don't remember if I had been to the black sea yet or not. He just gives a blurb to the effect of "We have no business."

where can i start getting chem pistols/components to craft chem pistols?

Junkyard

Junkyard, Fixer sells em

I have no fucking clue how to do a wizard build. Can I just drop a school to get hacking or something?

Attached: WIZARD.png (957x930, 77K)

where the fuck do i get a aegis blueprint?

I'm nearly done with the expedition mainquest.

should I give the acorn to the prof? Was there a way to kill the shadow monolith or was my only option running like a bitch? Are the tribals the atlantis folks from the abyssal station?

You don't need every psi skill at the cap every level, especially not ones that don't have many offensive capabilities (i.e. temporal manipulation, which is mostly support abilities)

Also biology is way overkill if you're only levelling it for headbands, the max you need for the highest quality gear is about 50ish

>up to you, multiple npcs can take it for various money
>yes you can kill it
>yes they are

Forget about dexterity.

>should I give the acorn to the prof?
If you want to

>Was there a way to kill the shadow monolith or was my only option running like a bitch?
You could kill it if you had the Torch, but running away like a lil bitch is fine too

>Are the tribals the atlantis folks from the abyssal station?
Yes, the shadowlith drove them insane, they slaughtered most of the station and went to the surface, where they became the degenerated sormibaeren

i had a savegame where sec trooper Erwin first becomes available to transpot you to core city and Aran was at the bar then

he's probably there there even earlier, as soon as the expedition starts, but i cant be fucked doing the first defense mission and then sailing back myself just to check

cheesing him with gas grenades is possible but you have to throw them right under him because he defuses right away

Including the psi-beetle riot gear? Good to know. The problem is even if I'm not maxing ones that are primarily support abilities, stuff like hacking and lockpicking are only good if you can actually hit the caps, right? Getting something like throwing/traps/merchanting up would be nice since they only really require smaller dips. I really want to do metathermics mostly if that changes anything

You protect the world from apocalypse.

The Acorn once unlocked can create everything if the blueprint and the material are available. Ezra and Azif explains that they are usually used to create mega-project like giant city or terraformation. However dude also hint that somewhere there's a blueprint for litteral armageddon

I don't really trust any faction to keep the acorn honestly except Azif and maybe Ezra. Just keep it user

Get your effective hacking to 120, and your effective lockpicking to 98.

Suit DOES help with skill checks on computers and shit, so 120 is all you need for hacking.

For lockpicking, jackknife+suit+huxkey will let you access anything in the game.

Also, hyper cerebrix will boost your hacking a bit if you REALLY need the boost, as will eel sandwhich and if you REALLY REALLY want to open the box, supersoldier drug will give you even more of a boost (the expedition weapon merchant will actually sell super soldier drugs with decent mercantile so its slightly less annoying to get them now.

>>Including the psi-beetle riot gear? Good to know.
No, you need higher biology for that, but it's kind of useless. Headband is mandatory though, that alone turns you OP as fuck. A lot of people who play psi don't bother crafting any armour because there the psi-beetle riot gear is the only craftable psi armour you can get and it's not really worth the point investment

>trusting Ezra
More like Ezra brainwashed you, fool

Why riot gear and not tac vest? Psi tac vests have done me very well.

The 10% cost reduction and skill boost is pretty nice, especially early on. Yeah, later you can hit -70% cost and make psi cost in general a complete non issue no matter what you spam, but early on that -10% is the most reliable reduction available.

What's the best way to get high quality super steel?

I said MAYBE because I want to make Biocorp great again user-kun

I am trying a chem pistol/energy pistol build and have both electronics and chemistry at 65 effective at junkyard. Should that be good enough for a while so I can focus on other skills?

>smart rapid spearhead w/ anatomical scope
>shooting spree, critical power, and temporal increment

Attached: 1540891601685.jpg (780x523, 277K)

Save scum. Or have high luck. You can more "easily" save scum naga protectors with a chance to get some decent stuff, but I've never seen it above quality 100 from them. Don't know how high it goes.

ugh

do you at least know where I can find high quality foams?

cheat engine unless you wanna spend days of your life reloading until you hit that 160q

my laptop can't run black sea areas, someone give me some starting stats for a chem psi gunner I'm restarting on my big boy computer.

>full caveman
>going psi
>steal everyone without pickpocket
>5 will
>4 (four) PER
>4 (!) DEX

So, closer to this, then?

Attached: WIZARD.png (953x925, 77K)

How do I into cheat enginering Underrail?

I did this and it worked fine on hard. Yeah, you could keep temporal low and drop continuum ripple, but I had a couple "extra" feat slots as is so figured it would be fun, and with TM maxed distortion kills anything with under 10 stacks. And after all, if you are a wizard, why not enjoy the extreme fun of distortion?

Attached: psi.jpg (1916x933, 305K)

If you want your weapons to stay shit, yes

Redpill me on biology

I mean, just for a bit. What are the odds of finding components that actually need higher than that within the next 2-3 levels? Eventually I'll pump both to 130ish.

All you gotta do is use google to find a good up to date table that works with underrail expedition. I found one that mostly works in like 10 mins.

Shit, I forgot about fast metabolism

fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9441

table has a "last clicked item" option where you can fiddle with stuff

you dont actually need the juice so long as you have the torch

profile picture is literally erza

psionics for psilets

Attached: stronger.png (629x341, 22K)

With the new drugs especially, worth getting at least high enough to make cerebrix. Drug buffs are OP.

>e's probably there there even earlier, as soon as the expedition starts
Yup. As soon as you step on Arch Island.

where torch

If you keep mercantile high you can get top tier parts from most chem vendors

torch inside rock

Which ones though? I don't think any of them have expanded stock pre finishing depot A.

99% of my deaths is a skill not clicking right and I end up moving instead of using a psi skill or item. Is there a way to avoid this?

Focus Stim alone makes the investment worth it for any crit build. +15% crit chance for 10 turns. Psions also get Trance which increases crit DMG bonus by 100% for 5 turns.

where rock
me crush rock

Oh you're not even done with junkyard? Can prob wait a bit then yeah.
Even traders without special inventory like Fixer and Quinton start selling top quality parts with high mercantile

Ah, yeah, I just got to junkyard and wanted to make a chem and energy pistol. I figured 60ish was good enough to make a decent one of both for junkyard.

rock in dead man

I know this might be a dumb question, but is there a merchant that sells lots of dirty rags? For some reason they are what really limit my war crimes more than anything else.

You get them from recycling fabric stuff

Ah. Good to know. Guess I should pick up all that shitty armor I keep finding.

The Black Eel merchant in junkyard sells a ton of bottles/rags iirc

THE ELUSIVE DIRTY RAG

>Go into fetid marsh
>By the time I get through Lemco I've gone through like 30 fucking health hypos
>Try to make my way back through to my ski
>All the fucking locust and hives respawn and it's impossible for me to battle through all of them
>Have to start a save from two hours back

What an awful area

on normal for sure, I'm basically a jack of all trades, guns will be maxed and I have about 100 effective in 3 psi schools, 80 in throwing

I suspect I would still be fine even if I didn't pick burst feats, opportunist and suppressive fire are so good though

pretty sure throwing only builds can beat the game based on how good grenades are

Theres a jet ski conveniently waiting for you in LemCo bre

No fucking way

WHO D'FLINGA NOW, BANGA! NIKOLAI D'FLINGA!

Attached: 20190820175757_1.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

recycle

Thanks.

Jettin', banga

Goddamn it, why are the faceless such fucking dicks, no matter how nice i am to them?

As long as you help the Foundry and Core City ones, I'm pretty sure you can kill the Rail Crossing group and still have them be friendly in DC

They are just a little autistic, bre. Nice guys, just autists.

new bread when, I want to post some memes

You're forgetting Sharpshooter, anonkun.

Does Spear Guard block against ranged bullet damage?

lol no

Yes of course