Comfy Switch thread?

Comfy Switch thread?

>What games have you been playing?
>Anyone get Hotline Miami bundle?
>What games are you excited for?

I have watched so many joycon shell swap videos but I'm still scared to buy a shell and try it out. A lot of them say you need to sand them down in order to make them fit properly?

Been playing Odyssey a bit slowly so I don't blow through the whole game super fast. Can anyone recommend some games where the traversing/movement is satisfying in it of itself? I really wish the Switch had a skateboarding game.

Attached: il_570xN.1592590253_n2yo.jpg (570x428, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijx__LRCJ3I
bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-joy-con-l-r-wireless-controllers-for-nintendo-switch-green/6352708.p?skuId=6352708
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I really wish the Switch had a skateboarding game.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ijx__LRCJ3I

Botw, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, and Mario Kart 8 have satisfying movement mechanics. Bloodstained looks like it does too but I'm waiting for them to fix everything. I'm playing Super Cloudbuilt on PC right now, and I'm hoping they port that to Switch. That's probably the best movement I've tried. It's like a mix of Quake, Titanfall, Mirror's Edge, and Sonic Generations. That would be so comfy on Switch, and I think it could scale well for performance and still look decent thanks to the art style options.

My friend bought the fighters pass for my birthday and as a result I've been messing around with the offline features in Smash, I actually really enjoy the Spirit Board challenges and can't wait for Banjo to be released

I was also thinking of buying Hollow Knight but I don't know if it's really my type of game

I didn't have to sand anything.

I did a shell replacement. Mine and my gfs AMA.

Attached: 20190205_133455.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

Don't own a switch but is it possible to manufacturer a custom OLED screen for the switch? i don't see why they went with generic tn, also based transparent shells

Three Houses and Bayo 1.
Not yet.
Astral Chain and Link's Awakening.

Attached: 1542411785521.png (1600x1920, 1.33M)

Attached: 20190205_133649.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

I looked at some gameplay on YouTube and it looks pretty dope, I'll need to check out some of the speedruns later. I assume it's level based and not as much of a free roaming game?

I'd love to have a Spiderman style game to just swing around in. Honestly, I'm surprised Spelunky hasn't come out for the Switch yet. I assume the 2nd one will, but I haven't looked into it yet. Same with Rogue Legacy, I'd love to have it come to the Switch.

That looks really nice. Take good care of it.

You can but good luck seating it correctly again. I would just get a oledTV and deal with what the mobile screen already offers. You can rescale with a hacked switch and recalibrate the colors but I just wouldn't trust a custom oled in it.

Thanks man. It's always safe in it's case and I clean it all the time lol. Reminds me of my old Gameboy color.

I’m thinking about picking up the switch lite so I can play Indy games while I backpack and in my boyfriends arms.
Thoughts on the switch lite? I don’t want the full version and I’m going to use it as an Indy game machine
>celest
>owl boy
>super meat boy
>BOI
>stardew valley
>hollow knight
>shovel knight
>hotline Miami

The lineup seems great, let alone all the Nintendo games.
How do they run?
Any chance of FEZ coming to switch?

Rune Factory 4 Special WHEN

FE Three Houses
I'm not interested in it.
Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina and the Ghostbusters remaster (mostly this one).

>Anyone get the Hotline Miami bundle?
I'll pick it up eventually, but I played them both too much. I got SuperHot instead, and it's been really fun.

>playing Three Houses, actually finishing my 2nd playrun
>waiting for Astral Chain

Offtopic question: is charging grip the same fucking thing (design wise) as default joycon grip, plus the "electricity" part? Can you play on it while charging joycons?

Yes and yes. Get the PowerA grip instead. It's a charge grip with better handles.
Unfortunately it's bright red.

Just a side note, if you’re going to take the back off of your switch, I’d change the thermal paste on the inside too. The default job is awful. In mine some of the heat pads were just dropped inside and not stuck to anything. Now it doesnt warm up in the hands and stays cool in the dock.

Eh. Pic related is the only one available in my country so I have to buy that. Thank you for reply, user.

Attached: the picture.jpg (633x500, 35K)

Been playing Hollow Knight. FINALLY beat the Watcher Knights, but now Hornet 2 is kicking my ass. I feel the game has now become a gauntlet of boss fights and I miss the exploration. It's always like that with Metroidvanias. The moment I've explored 90+% of the map and only have some end-game bosses left to fight with maybe one-two final zones is the moment my interest wanes or drops completely.

Not for that price, I'm not.

Already have Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina preloaded, they can't come soon enough.

Attached: shrulk.png (500x369, 140K)

What's the bulls name

What does she smell like

No chance for you to buy online, like from Amazon?

"dead horse"

>Fire Emblem
>Didn’t know that was a thing, already got it on the PS4 though
>Astral Chain, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3.

Attached: 824F51F8-2B47-4DA1-9661-AEE77B0B08ED.jpg (2109x3538, 2.14M)

You know, I might as well buy some indie while waiting for AC.
>Fell Seal
>Serial Cleaner (currently on sale on eShop, only 2 euros)
>Decay of Logos

DBFZ and BotW. I'm disappointed in Fighterz so far. The single player campaign sucks and the base roster is too small.
>>Anyone get Hotline Miami bundle?
No
>>What games are you excited for?
DQ XI, LA, and SwSh for the shitposting material.

I can, and they deliver. But there's always this 'what if it doesn' t work, I need to send it back' blah etc. I buy games from Steam, eShop and PSN, but I don't like buying online.

(don't ask)

When will they ever make SNES Joycon & Switch shells?

I already have an SN30 and a SNES styled pro controller.

>Disgaea 5. It's like crack. Might have to restart YET AGAIN since i've figured out a way to unlock human classes with less of a headache+gain more prisoners for levellinb squads
>no
>rabi ribi port. that will complete the original reasons making me get the switch(monster hunter, terraria,rabi ribi) as far as stuff i don't already have elsewhere a few indies look decent

I got the HM collection but fuck it’s super glitchy. I don’t remember the original being like this at all, I can’t even beat one of the levels because after completing it it just restarts.

Bloodstained is 20% off. Did they patch it or is it still shitty?

How is it? I've only ever played the VR version of the game, which honestly is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Oh FUCK I forgot that the Ghostbusters remaster is coming out this Fall for it. And isn't Battle for Bikini Bottom supposed to come out soon too?

I have Miami, Owl Boy, and Stardew downloaded but not played yet because I know I'll get sucked in as soon as I start, but BOI runs really well on it (played it for 4-5 hours on a train ride recently) and Hollow Knight plays really well, although I've only played an hour or two from it. Also I have no idea how ergo the lite will be, but I highly reccomend getting some sort of shell for it. I use the Mambo on my regular Switch and now I play 80-90% in handheld mode. Also check out Golf Story, it's an RPG about being a golfer which is surprisingly fun. It's nice to experience an RPG where there it's grounded in reality a fair bit.

Also I really want one of those 8bitdo controllers with the thumbsticks. I mainly play in handheld, and actually like the feeling of playing with my hands separated when I use the joycons, but they just look so fucking neat, and at least I'll have a decent dpad.

I restarted XB2 after dropping it a couple months ago. I'm having a lot more fun now since I know to skip the fluff. I'm bummed to lose 70+ hours and a lot of the blades I wanted, but I think I'll enjoy playing it more now. Bummed as fuck costumes, Shulk/Fuora/T-Elos are basically hardcore grind/endgame only.

Not going full ham on joycons has really disappointed me, there's loads of potential for all sorts of goofy controller ideas with the connective port and break-off cotrollers.

Attached: 1536677024915.jpg (927x930, 94K)

I'm loving it. I never played it on PC, and I figured now was as good of a time as any to try it. I don't know if custom maps are available on PC, but the well designed levels are really fun. It's definitely a game system that best shines with good level design.

>Nintendo introduces gamecube ports with analog triggers
>Sells GC themed analog joycons
The only thing that sucks is that they'd cost like 90 bux or some stupid shit.

I just got mine for cheap off craigslist. The right joycon is kinda wonky so I hope to replace them soon. I only have mario kart atm but I want to buy mario maker and three houses.

I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.

Three Houses. It's my first FE, and also my current GOTY. I also used coins to get Cat Quest for free, as the trailer for II made me realise it wasn't the game i thought it was
I was going to, but there's too much shit coming, and i won't have time to play it. I'll get it when more time frees up
From the end of this month, it's fucking chock-a-block:
Astral Chain
Spyro
FFVIII
Link's Awakening
Ni No Kuni
DQXI
Ghostbusters
Luigi's Mansion
Waifu Layton
Pokemon
A Hat In Time
There's no doubt others, and all next year's shit too. I'm hype.

I'm started this game just now because Yea Forums. Pretty hard to get into the first hour, there are so many options and things in this world. It is different

Attached: ECbUhmiVAAE9678.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

On the last two missions in FE3H (GD Route), after I finish that I'll probably play the Crash collection until Astral Chain is out.
No, but I've never played the games, should I?
Astral Chain, DQXIS, Luigi's Mansion 3, A Hat in Time's physical release, and River City Girls for the near future.

>playing
Tales of Vesperia, Tropical Freeze, Smash Ultimate.
>excited for
Blasphemous, Luigi's Mansion, Astral Chain, Alliance Alive HD, Dragon Quest XI, Secret of Mana Collection, Trials of Mana, Shovel Knight DLC, Ninja Warriors, River City Girls, Minoria, god the list goes on...

I recently got my Hollow Knight collectors edition with the compendium notebook. I'm excited to jump into that game in the next few days. I want to start it with the fiance, but he works long hours so I'll wait until the weekend or something.

Attached: DSCN1483.jpg (3264x2448, 1.43M)

I've only ever played the base version, but I don't remember it being too difficult to get into. The problem was QOL issues. I know Yea Forums hypes it up, but I hope you're prepared for a game that's rough around the edges.

I replaced the shell on my Joycons which went easily. Now when I try to replace the shell on the console itself I cannot get those 2 tiny fucking screws on the bottom by the USB port out. It fucking blows, i'm pretty sure they're already stripped from the factory because no recommend Philips head screwdriver fits in the damn thing. I would just drill them out but I need replacement screws first.

can i get a QR on the merits of switch vs switch lite? the more powerful machine is definitely attractive to me, however i'd almost exclusively play handheld and the cheaper price is tough to beat...

You "wake up" in this town and the game throws quests at you. It's a bit overwhelming when you try to figure out the controls and inventory.

Attached: ECbV5WyVUAAAYSb.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

You lose the cool but needless rumble feature and can’t play on tv. Most importantly, you won’t be able to pirate shit on the lite. If $100 is a lot of money to you and you want to buy games I’d just get the lite one.

Take one quest and ignore the others, you get a taste of combat and gathering. Slowly you will level up. And stay out of the dark.

Why can’t you pirate

why are enemies literal damage sponges?

I'm going to say it; The Switch is my favorite console since the 360 The shit they throw at us is killing my bank account.

it has pretty much everything you need. decent third party support. superb indie support. decent to solid first party support (depending on what you enjoy from Nintendo) and a ton of exclusives. it's shaping up to be a system to be remembered.

You need to upgrade your weapon. The mob has a defend stat, and your attack needs more points than their defense. Mob: 30 defense. (You) 50 attack. So you do 20 damage.

and you upgrade your weapons from someone at town? what about the bottom of the well. should you go down there at an early level?

You probably made a retard build on your first run. At it's core DD is an actual JRPG without turn based combat, so you can't kill things because their stats are better than yours.
Better learn how that shit works before you get to BB Isle, get your ass ABSOLUTELY blown the fuck out, and then come back here and suddenly become a contrarian faggot that parrots faggot shit.

It doesn’t have the old unfixed nvidia processor and the firmware is brand new. If you wait a while, let’s be real, there will be homebrew for it in the future but not right now.

Is it worth it to change the shell? How hard is it? I love me that atomic purple.

Attached: file.png (425x425, 209K)

I got those shells but I kinda regret it now.
The joycons are fine, but the paint layer on them feels very thin and I don't think it'll last too long.
I also replaced the back of the Switch itself and the paint is actually starting to flake off in some places, especially on the kickstand.
I also kinda want to go back to the regular backplate because other joycons won't fit too well with the design.
I should have gotten one of those transparent shells, I guess.

Attached: switch shells.jpg (4000x3000, 386K)

Attached: joycons.jpg (4000x3000, 350K)

Yes it’s worth it, and most important to know, it’s not super glossy so it doesn’t collect smudges. It’s not hard to do but it will take a while and you must pay very close attention and be careful because it would be easy to fuck it up and it could cost a lot of extra time.

what's a good starter class

Are there any 3rd-party joycon replacements that have alternate positions of analog sticks and face buttons? I love handheld but I literally can't play SMM2 handheld because I've been playing Mario with Y/B for 25 years and the analog is way too close/blocks my thumb.

Yea sounds fine too me. I’ll own the few games I want and then at the end of the switches life , in like what 2023? I’ll just pirate everything with not fear of being bricked

This console is going to be remembered like the indie snes because of all the indie and glorious Nintendo games. There is more good games to play than you have time for.

If you mean at the very start than either of the three are fine.
Once you get to gran soren you really need to either pick up Sorcerer or Assasin, depending on what you want to do (Magic or Attack). Those two classes have the highest gains in their respective fields as well as some of the must have augments.

Should I get the Hotline Miami collection? I'm a huge fan of the games and have played them on console, PC and Vita, I'd love to replay them again but that price man...

Question. If I use the vouchers to redeem a game, do I still get those gold coins from said game?

I got the Hotline Miami collection. Played 1 near released and never got around 2. Going back through HM1 right now. It's a lot easier than I remember. Also, for anyone interested, Special Reserve is doing a physical release at a later date.

okay thanks. maybe i'll restart and give it another chance. appreciate it.

I mean, it's the same price as Steam. If it bothers you, just wait for a sale. Devolver stuff regularly gets discounts.

If you want to get fucked by lizard dick, sure. Focus on the main quest and ignore all the shitty gathering/mob killing ones. If you accept them you'll probably end up completing them just as you progress with the main quest anyway.

Three Houses, Smash Ultimate, the occasional Mario Maker level

DQXI, Link's Awakening, Ni No Kuni remaster, Outer Worlds

Love this thing. Single handedly got me back into both console and handheld gaming.

Attached: 2018-12-26_16-07-38.png (244x385, 60K)

> I have been Playing azure gun volt, pokemon emerald, As soon as I am done with these I will play shovel knight and binding of Isaac to ser what all the fuss is about

The King's Bird is a really fun game you lads should pick up, maximum comfy levels

Golden age of Nintendo is here, just finished Ys6. I cant hold all these games.

FE3H, Bayo 1 and 2, BOTW, Dragon's Dogma, Hollow Knight
Nope, but I want it
Astral Chain (preordered), Dragon Quest XI S, Switcher

I heard about this! On my wishlist.

The way the character is designed to sing with every stage's music when she flies makes even moving around really captivating, it's really fun and would recommend

FE3H, DQB2, SSBU, Darkwood
Not yet, I'll be waiting for a physical edition
Astral Chain, DQXIS and Luigi's Mansion 3. Still not sure about Daemon X Machina, though.

Yeah same. I actually play Switch games more often than I do PC games now.

I forget. Is there actually a way to fix the joy-con drifting if you're going to be opening it up and swapping the case anyways?

I swapped the sticks with replacements. Ebay was less then 10$ for new sticks. You probably can clean it real good with qd electronic contact cleaner and some compressed air, but so far 6 months off new sticks no drift.

Grandia on Switch:
>shit graphics, but still better than the crummy pixelshit that is the original
>60fps
>just werks
>japanese voices
>quick loading times and saving
>music loop and timing issues
>the filtered sprites sometimes do not match properly and there are lines between textures
>the filtering sometimes is so bad it makes me cringe, seriously how the hell some of these remade sprites got approved?

Grandia on RetroArch (PC):
>can use the Redux Mod which makes the game much harder and thus more enjoyable (not on the undub though so forced to use eng voices which are just funny)
>fast forward, savestates
>with software overclocking it can run at 30fps
>look, I'm all for low poly and spriteworks but this game just looks absolutely dreadful, much worse than stuff like with this lowpoly + sprite grafix (Azure Dreams, Xenogears, etc)
>even with filters and shaders it still looks awful
>can fix the wobbly polygons using the right settings but if I use perspective corrected textures to get rid of that weird PS1 abstract geomety I get flickers in menus and conversations

WHICH ONE DO I PLAY

Attached: 1485631322872.jpg (300x297, 59K)

Are those replacement shells of good quality? I'm not really satisfied by the quality of the originals tbqh. Also my switch is developing that issue where joycons randomly disconnect in portable mode, can it be solved by a third party shell (maybe the plastic is a bit thicker and pushes the contacts harder making better contacts)?

Are there any superior Switch screen replacements? I couldn't get my protectors on right and forgot to order more. Now I've got small scratches.

>Switch looks better than the original
>On a portable system

Then just play that version? You're going to be looking at the game the whole time so you may as well play whichever looks more appealing.

Having fun with DQB2. Made it to the Khrumbul-Dun map and working through that the now. This game is such an improvement over the first game.

Stardew Valley, Smash, Mario Kart, Paladins, Dark Souls.
No but I think I will. I heard that m+kb is way better for HM though. Is it really that important?
New Metroid. I'd love it if Nintendo bundled some of the old Metroid games too.

But muh savestates and fast forward button.

BOI is great, it takes some time at first to figure out what the fuck every item does (I still don't know what the fucking tarot cards do by heart after 100+ hours) but there's no better feeling when you get a great run going with some OP items.

Just looked up some footage of this and I'm picking it up! It sort of reminds me of that good Flash Mr. Fancypants game.

I played through the first HM on PC (bought the 2nd but didn't click the same way, levels too big) and M+KB is for sure the better way to play, but apparently a lot of people like how it plays on a controller too so I'll give that a whirl.

This still makes me happy.
bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-joy-con-l-r-wireless-controllers-for-nintendo-switch-green/6352708.p?skuId=6352708

Attached: 6352708cv12d.jpg (792x1000, 94K)

Wat? Lol

I'd just get it on Switch if it's a single player game but I'm an ADHD zoomer so you do you.

Yes there are ones, also dpad conversion from buttons.

Serial Cleaner is definitely worth picking up at 90% off.

These are gonna be my Switch XL/Pro controllers if it ever comes out. Unless forest green becomes a variant.

Fuck off and die

Does the original run on Retroarch Switch? How's the status of PS1 emulation on the Switch?

Yes and great

Mana Collection, recently finished Final Fantasy Adventure not I'm on Secret of Mana. Fun time.
I'm also playing a lot of Mario Maker 2, and I'm going through Bayonetta 1 again.
I didn't even know that was a thing. I already have the games on PC though.
Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4

I didn't need to sand anything for my shell replacements.

Attached: switch and wii u procontroller.jpg (1280x960, 201K)

They are pretty decent. Tip for you, get them off wish using a shit ton of codes and the discount tricks. Same ones as on Amazon/ebay for a 1/3 the price. First set I got was not milled right at the CNC shop, they are cncd (machined parts) not injection molding a ( so they carve out of dyed plastic, not make a mold like jello and fill it). That being said and that they are made in China, the quality of the parts can vary. If it comes and you notice the shells need more than a little carving with an exactly, break something in it and tell wish. They will just keep sending you new ones. Be careful in doing it as you can loosen the ribbon locks on the joycons and cause it to disconnect from the switch. Follow the directions completely and have some double stick tape ready. They use the kind that are used in girls hair extensions so get that at a beauty store as it's works great and is clear when it hits the plastic allowing you to see your parts in the shell.

Why? Why are you so angry?

Attached: 1564902519172.jpg (736x552, 394K)

I feel like this is the best place to ask.
Is Pillars of Eternity any good on the Switch? I just got it a few days and I'm not really getting into it. Though I'll admit I'm kinda new to the genre.

Pls respond I wasn't very interested in the link's awakening remake but if you pre purchase you essentially get 3 bucks worth of gold coins. I have two vouchers so if I use one do I still get the coins?

I think you nailed him. There's definitely a bull.

There is a list that tells you. One gives you more coins than others

As someone who grew up on Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale and loves the genre, Pillars put me to sleep.

First off y'all are talking to at least two different people, second of all get laid lol. You faggot zoomers are so concerned with others people's dicks you never use your own.

Im waiting for the mini to drop. Is there anything besides Astral Chain? Anything on the level of XCX or even Fatal Frame. I’m already playing BOTW and please don’t say XC2, I’ve no interest in it.

Attached: 0F28C104-CD9E-48C2-8676-CEA759AA8381.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Three Houses pretty much exclusively. Halfway through my second run and still loving it.

That said, it’s my birthday today and I want to pick up a fresh experience to dig into. Any suggestions, Yea Forums? I’ve already hit most of the big tent pole games like BOTW, Odyssey, DKC, MM2, etc.

You did buy a trip wing screwdriver head right?

The bulls name is get off Yea Forums and have sex

How hard is this to do? I imagine it's fairly straightforward, but I mean, are there any "loose" pieces after unscrewing and removing the default shells? Nothing that would help contribute to joycon drifting or something stupid like that?

Also, would it void the warranty, so when you did get joycon drift, Nintendo would not replace it for free?

As long as you don't strip the screws or break anything they can't tell if you just out the original shells back on. As for the process it's actually very tedious and you really want a pair of billhook tweezers. Resetting all the parts correctly and reattaching the ribbons can be a hassle and they are VERY easy to break. So have patience, and make sure when you flip the ribbon locks you use very little force. As for joycons drift I notice nothing and now that you can take it apart (which you have to take the whole damn thing apart internally to put it in the new shells) you can just order a new joycons analog stick and replace it.

Where's Astral Chain nsp?