Why do most games have such a hard time depicting moral choices?

Why do most games have such a hard time depicting moral choices?

Attached: D0FpIY-XcAEzl7r.png (320x400, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VW9wlPtDc50
voaroo.com/i/s0UeSUU51o7d
exhentai.org/s/07f56cb9ea/859643-18
nhentai.net/g/145628/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No feed is objectively correct

Sn

There's no such thing as a "moral dilema". There is always a right and a wrong choice, regardless of what you "feel" is right.

Wrong.

You monster
He has no legs and he's starving

Attached: 1565374207493.png (347x427, 299K)

The obvious correct choice would be to buy him a meal.

Feeding anyone mcdonalds is morally wrong, it's more humane to let them die than killing them with mcburgers

>objective morality not only existing, but being something people with no omniscience can follow

Feed Apu.

Attached: 1519860915837.jpg (1019x1120, 228K)

Apu should roll his ass to the homeless shelter, or panhandle for cash and then buy a burger.

no bully apu pls

Attached: 1513144966530.jpg (793x786, 54K)

i wouldnt feed it's a doggy dog world i have bills and my wife's kids to look after

am pick no feed apu

B because the top 90% of the cube is already through the portal and is going fast.
Even if that bottom 10% stops suddenly, the part of the cube that's still in motion will pull it.

Geez Why are you so mean to Apu
He's just hungry

Attached: 1558242387991.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

It does seem that I make some choices in games that to me seem obvious but others make other choices in the same situation so you have a point I guess.
But the bridge troll in witcher 2 was something I thought about for a while before picking and I wasn't all too sure either way. I also liked that it didn't fall into the trap of you can actually be nice to everyone including the people in conflict. But perhaps others didn't have the same dilemma I had with the bridge troll.

Attached: a.meh.png (554x439, 67K)

you buy him a meal since you are paying for him

HAHAHAHAHAHhaAHAH

look at this desperate incel cope. comedy gold right here.

you being a fat ugly lowlife retard schizo anti-social failure is why you're an incel and gives incel meaning. it's to remind you that you're a chinless freak subhuman and no matter the retard shit you type online when you look in the mirror even if you want to break it cause you're so ugly.

keep on coping you freak. everybody else in the world is higher social status than you.

Attached: 1566059718410.jpg (831x720, 168K)

Why clinging to life at this point though?

Shut up you shitty snake

Attached: 1560811510275.jpg (960x1545, 935K)

Attached: FE00B9F5-83B8-417B-A13A-1DDEA4FAD731.png (1136x640, 463K)

Hope

Attached: 1563446263309.png (524x876, 463K)

Attached: FtwRzun.jpg (600x317, 18K)

There is no dillema you kill the least people possible if it's in your hands irrevocably and that's it.
Brainlets will reply to this post.

[Glass him]

>feed apu
>get caught
>get fired
>wind up on the street because nobody wants to hire someone who wasn't good enough for fukken Maccys
>number of starving morons on the street goes up

>don't feed apu
>he starves to death
>I keep my job working at fukken Maccys
>number of starving morons on the street goes down

i choose multi track drifting

>do i let 1 person die or 5
wow that was hard
and before you @ me, doing nothing is essentially killing 5.

What if the 5 are child rapists and the 1 is an innocent kid destined to discover the cure for cancer

It's not just about the number dead though, it's about you becoming involved and choosing to kill the one dude because of your own choice to prioritize numbers. You're an ornery little fella you know that?

Attached: 1561448491047.png (518x768, 300K)

If you pull the lever you will be accountable for manslaughter and the cops will lock you up dumbass

Attached: 1565684981595.jpg (524x478, 36K)

You were already involved when you came to the scene, retard. At least in civilized countries, that is.

It all depends, really. Do I know the single person I'm going to kill?
Do I know the other five?
Anyhow, you'd need therapy after this

fug de bolice

Attached: 1564814466428.gif (238x190, 1M)

Wow its not as if there's more to morality than just raw numbers

you could never know that in advance unless you were somehow involved. So its still a numbers game.
>inb4 some contrived scenario in which you somehow know all 6 of these people and just happen to be the one in control of their fates at that very moment

not him but then you're just adding info that wasn't there before to make seem like the answer to the previous question is wrong
its like saying 2+2 =4 is wrong because it's not the result of 2+3

lolno

formerly yes feed

>"becoming involved"
By being in the position to make the choice in the first place you're involved. You can't wash your hands of the situation by not putting your fingerprints on the lever.

There isn't. Whatever is good for the survival of my genes is moral, and whatever is bad for the survival of my genes is immoral. Only brainlets who don't know shit about evolutionary psychology would say otherwise.

Depends on the area.
Pleading duress of circumstance would get you off a manslaughter charge in bongland, for example.

If you're not related to any of the people on the tracks then the survival of "your genes" doesn't come into play, dumbass

Wrong again, bucko. Race is very much real, and assuming none of those people are related to me but are members of my race, choosing to save the 5 people is the morally correct choice.

VSauce already proved that most people would just stand around like retards and watch the train plow into the 5 people.

You could easily argue in court that you weren't involved by merely being in proximity to the accident and the controls, while flipping the lever is undeniably an action you are responsible for.

But what if you pulled the lever to kill a paki and save 5 white people. They'd reinstate the death penalty just for that.

Bitch why would you care about your genes?
What did they ever do for you?
They'll just lock you up in a death-house once you can't support yourself.
Evolutionary theory is the dumbest fucking meme of our time.

Shut the fuck up Kant

People consider things other than genes. Just because you're a soulless robot doesn't mean it's the objective truth. Morality is completely subjective since everyone's moral views are different.

Just get a black barrister to defend you.

You literally don’t touch the handle and you are in the clear and are not in anyway liable.

why is she crying that's a pretty neat tank

Isn't this an ethical question, not a legal one?

>Posts that have answered OP's question: 0

You are your genes, tool.

Bro she was just gangraped by incels whose she considered her friends

Attached: 1566075519249.gif (500x500, 783K)

unironically the right choice. diverting the train would be murder

Tell Apu to go out back at the dumpster near closing, burgers and fries are his for the taking

Thanks for proving my point of not knowing shit about evolutionary psychology.

>give him food
>fired
>find new job
>repeat
atleast I won't have bad memories unlike you selfish cunts.

because that takes actual effort to not look biased and one sided.
happy?

How ? She's got a tank stop lying

>not just buying him a meal

Same principle applies either way.

The thing that's stopping me from getting to philosophy is that a lot of philosophers sound like complete brainlets and I'm also a brainlet and would probably think that they're right even when they're definitely not.
plus its a lot of reading

She remembered Hitler lost.

Oh, then you're just disagreeing, not actually arguing. Alright then.

That might be the most retarded analogy ever, he's a better one.
>Should I fuck this girl
>She's hot so yeah
>Sike it's actually a trap it's a dude
>I gotta stick to my guns, a penis is pointless information, doesn't change my answer
>Faggot

most mcjobs don't let your ring up your own purchases, you'd get fired for that too

Buy him a meal out of my pocket fuck everything.

Who the FUCK is Apu?

DANCE THE DANCE OF DEATH

Attached: a trolley problem dance of death.png (698x721, 517K)

why not what if it's a slow day and I'm hungary

She got the tank as a bribe to stop her from going to the police
They were the only ones who shared her love of tanks and they raped her. She even thought she might still be able to talk to them about tanks but they just told her they are dibanding the tank club and will never meet her again

Attached: 1565356509682.png (498x558, 131K)

if its gotta be this way.
Put my song on.
youtube.com/watch?v=VW9wlPtDc50

hi hungary I'm dad

it's real easy for you to steal if you're ringing up your own stuff. or override prices, all that stuff, they don't want you to do it.

what if im a moralfag.

i pull the plug
i can't kill people if the game isn't powered

I like this picture

>had this actually happen
>"Sorry dude, want a cup for water?"
>guy spends hour drinking water and angrily staring at me until he leaves
Not the best feeling

So I may as well just go back there and steal a burger, or do the managers check the tapes and hawk around the grills all day, which is a massive waste of productivity.

It's such a shame that McDonald's, the company doing massive renovations and is a sponsor of the OLYMPICS has such money problems and needs to save where it can

Stfu Apu

Attached: 7395E7C4-6AEE-4B44-83D1-425FA4D34C29.gif (785x757, 356K)

>Muh youtuber said

Fuck off.

>Not using apu as meat to make more burgers and getting a promotion for reducing overheads.

Attached: Shall we continue.jpg (506x350, 74K)

voaroo.com/i/s0UeSUU51o7d

Your manager will look thru those tapes. It's part of their job.

Attached: 239047.jpg (800x600, 96K)

[Intelligence 10] Why don't I just give apu a gift card for subway so I can stick it to globalism necessary for McDonald's brand of cutthroat capitalism, whilst also providing for the people (Apu in this case) a 5 dollar foot long to feed himself and maybe another person for 1-2 days so malnutrition doesn't kick in for the crippled bastard.

Or I could point him to one of America's many churches that is literally designed for cripples like Apu.

Attached: 1547955668097.jpg (563x542, 50K)

>No kill Apu choice

You disappoint me OP

is this meant to be malware or something? lmao.

[Intelligence 20] Because that wasn't part of the question.

why did i flip some rando switch in the first place?
also what's the reference for that one?

Because those aren't choices retard. You only got A or B.

That's what I figured, being a mcd Manager must be hell, I was looking at assist manag jobs and those barely go over $13/hr, like what the fuck I can make past that bartending fuck off Mcdonalds

Guess they're not incels anymore lmoa.

yeah, help him out in his time of need, get him back on his feet, and then help him get a job so that he can take care of himself! :)

>Western culture
i miss it bros.

tpbp

Easy, you pull the lever while it's halfway past it so we get multi track drifting

[Wisdom 10] Fuck you niggers. There is ALWAYS a 3rd option. Only laziness in this mortal coil caused by gameritis. If you calm the semen that has deposited into your thinking muscle, then you can focus the inner light directly into your 3rd eye via the pineal gland, assuming you haven't calcified it.

Attached: 1547955724827.jpg (1080x2160, 473K)

Solution:
DONATE TO THE TRIAL BY TROLLEY KICKSTARTER TO HAVE OUR OLD FRIEND TROLLEY TOM DO IT

They didn't make so much money by giving away free food to every asshole who walks in.

Sneed apu

Sauce?

[Wisdom 20] Based schizoposter

Apu deserves his own video game.

Attached: 1559648152831.png (785x847, 287K)

The indian from The Simpsons.

Superior Finnish memes

Feed apu my own food not the restaurants

Blade Runner

Source?

Culture doesn’t exist
Its merely an everchnging ball of ideas of what it thinks it is
Having culture is stupid and holds humanity back from advancing

based

>Pretend you dropped a burger to the ground
>Pretend you leave it in the garage but you actually just leave it on the edge of the container outside
>Apu goes there and grabs it
>Keep job

Attached: 1565978432905.gif (112x112, 27K)

I suck at DDR so I’d probably kill everyone.

This. Whats the Sauce bro

Oh never mind i found it :)

Switch the lever
Untie the one guy (its faster)
And because trollys are slow as hell
Or i call the cops
Or go inside the trolley and stop it

Just give apu your money so he can make an order

>I’m here for video games, I brought pizza

You’ve started an after school video games club, invite only. Some of the coolest kids from school are there and think you’re cool because you made good money winning at vidya. He overheard people talking about it in the hallway and just assumed you forgot to invite him. He considers you one of his only friends. His mom encouraged him to bring pizza over for you as a sign of gratitude for being his friend, she prayed every night for over three years for her son to find a friend and considers you a gift from God. You don’t necessarily consider him a friend but you’re still nice to him always. However, the other guests at the club find him annoying and will likely stop inviting you places if they think he and you are always going to come together. This means you’ll lose access to all the hot girls and cool parties in the school.

So, do you let him in?

Attached: 1549100942456.png (785x847, 327K)

You horrible monster
exhentai.org/s/07f56cb9ea/859643-18

Attached: 1561536404687.png (726x910, 181K)

I shoo him out with a mop

Tell him to fuck off

Attached: 1565093708170.png (213x237, 21K)

Yes
Fuck w*men

welcome frend

Attached: 1547576177031.png (1218x561, 51K)

This literally why Ill never work food service again, fucking beggars everyday that I risked my job for by giving them shit (sometimes even paying for it myself just to avoid paranoia that the owner of the place would find out). And the beggars werent always the needy either sometime they were just kids, or hot girls (I was a hormonal teen), or just piece of shit gypsies that would come in right before you close up because they know you're about to throw away the leftover food anyway (you could still get fired for that shit though). Im too much of a doormat for that shit, Im glad to be in an office now.

don't make the choice
it's not your problem this is happening.

>Culture doesn’t exist
>Its merely an everchnging ball of ideas >of what it thinks it is
>Having culture is stupid and holds >humanity back from advancing
Dumbass doesn’t know what culture really is
Culture is the game
And you just lost it

Nigga what are you talking about? The troll is in the right here, he's the one maintaining the bridge and thus contributes to society, he's the victim here because some fucker killed his wife.

Have some dignity.

Attached: 1561759909404.png (600x497, 8K)

Oh god this happened to me fucking constantly. There was this fat nerd who followed me around and when a hot ginger came up to sit next to me he told her to go away and stop bullying me. I was a dumb kid and too nice to tell him to fuck off until one day it was too much and I autist-screamed at him so hard that he fell over. I take the pizza and slam the door in his face.

[Perception 15] Are you, perhaps, the same poster as him?

While you're correct about right and wrong, your definition of a dilemma is incorrect.
A dilemma is not creating right and wrong, it is trying to figure out which is which.

[Deception 14] N-no....

>Hey look, I'm spinnin'!

Most gamers are notoriously low IQ, so moral choices have to be dumbed down to, "Are you a saint or literally Satan?"

Attached: 11485431.jpg (601x500, 178K)

God dammit i thought it was just a cute anime girl with a tank. Didnt even consider why she was crying

Attached: 1565612017987.jpg (276x183, 8K)

Then you kill everyone

[Charisma]100 Fuck niggers and fuck todd howard.

Attached: 1566146124012.jpg (736x679, 39K)

>Hive drone chilling at Dreg at night.jpg

For those unable to use Exhentai for whatever reason.

Heres an Nhentai Link.

nhentai.net/g/145628/

This thread is full of frogniggers, and it reeks of ass.

its a doggydog worl fren

I buy him mcchicken with own money

I’d let him in but only if he promises to behave.

Jump in front of the train

Attached: Onion.jpg (2122x1415, 635K)

>can't into basic fucking text flow for speech bubbles in a comic
As expected of a dumb frogposter.

Do nothing. Fate has selected who dies here.

apu NOOOOOOOO

This otherwise he'll come back again and again.
The right choice would be to point him towards the job centre and let them process him, so when he comes back he pays for his grub instead of gibsmedat.

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-213855_YouTube.jpg (720x1280, 344K)

The people he killed didnt do that.

this is not the future I Wanted

Attached: DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png (680x491, 1.22M)

Cope

Attached: Screenshot_20190819-014526_YouTube.jpg (720x1280, 389K)

>Grab some cash from your wallet
>Hand cash to apu
>Let Apu buy a meal
>Food help helper

Attached: sips apustaja.png (1172x675, 32K)

No, autistic people in highschool are like dogs, you have to be really fucking mean to them before they finally get the hint, they really have no idea how to read verbal cues.

>hand cash to apu
>Apu buys heroin
>OD and cops arrest you for corruption

Play Papers please, that’s literally what the game is

Retards that just spout science jargon to defend their stupidity should be shot.

.t never got a culture victory in Civilization.

Attached: maxresdefault(21).jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>tfw too dumb to understand things

I'm sorry dude

I let him in and share the pizza with everyone. Apu can has obviously some major skills in video games since he has a lot of free time home to practise. Ask my friends to help apu learn how to socialize trough the medium of a common hobby. Treat him like anyone else and if he is obnoxious ask him to step out to the hallway and explain it him. If he learns to hang with the crew he is very welcome to do so. If not, tell him that I am sorry but he is not welcome to the club until he learns to behave.

Attached: tappelu apustaja.png (1354x889, 61K)

>wanting to go to parties and be with the cool kids
What happened to this site?

Do cops often arrest people if they see them giving a few bucks to homeless people?

Attached: aivo apustaja.png (1000x1271, 314K)

>abandoning someone for easier access to whores
You're not a real man.

Attached: 1566243539912.jpg (600x902, 252K)

I choose to freeze them both

Attached: 1558863922542.jpg (700x700, 527K)

Not on my watch Cirno. No fucking Youkai should be in this thread.

Attached: 1F9F6DFA-C950-4E0E-BC3E-FEE0CE6C7B99.jpg (400x600, 104K)

Why would you want to be friends with a person that autistic, they're just unpleasant to be around, trust me.

He's just lonely and has no friends. Lead him by example.

What's a trolley?

You're right about two things, you're a brainlet and it's a lot of reading. But you don't have the qualifications to say a philosopher is a brainlet from reading a piece of work in a vacuum that is actually part of milleniums' long dialogue until you actually read the entire dialogue, starting with the Greeks. Anything else is taking the work out of context and will cause you to grossly misconstrue anything that is going on in any particular treatise.

but can there be three right choices and one wrong one?

Based and Heinleinpilled

F*ck off

Can't trolleys stop themselves

>You can't say Chris-chan's a retard unless you've watched every video and understand the context!
No, some people are just dipshits

Deal with it.

i would strangle him to death right there. since he is a cripple he will never be of use for society and will always be dead weight. also he will never enjoy a fun, satisfying life and he will never find true love so ending his life in the spot is the most merciful choice.
then i would turn his body into minced meat and make burgers out of him since people who eat at mcdonalds dont know any better and i would reduce the costs for my employer further increasing his benefits with would set me up for a promotion in 5 or 10 years when there is one avalaible
thats assuming im wagecucking at such a dead end job like fast food.

Attached: tfw.jpg (618x416, 32K)

have less body = require less food

its just science kid nothing personnel...

I don't know how I would react to pic related he is waving and that is nice

T. autist

Autistic people are social suicide if you try to "lead by example", their brains are just not wired the same way as everyone elses. Absolutely have autistic friends, they're some of the most enjoyable people to be around if you connect with them, but do not try to integrate them into any kind of friend group. It will end badly 100% of the time.

>eldritch horror discovers the world of human pleasantries
>never has to work for a meal again
Enjoy being biomass.

dont pull and watch 5 people die then beat the other person to death so he doesnt get to live by sacrifying 5 innocent people. you could also pull the lever and beat 5 people to death instead but its more energy efficient to let the trolley do most of the job
then go to jail

>He has no legs and he's starving
It's not my fault he squandered his emergency rations already. Maybe he should have held onto his legs for when he was REALLY hungry then ever think of that?

Attached: wakarimasen.jpg (466x396, 114K)

>Autistic people are social suicide
So yeah, again, your main concern here is not having easy access to whores.

i don't know man
as the saying goes
the artist always wins in the long run

Attached: 1juLNuX.png (278x455, 227K)

I don’t like this

Attached: Try not to cry.gif (500x500, 1.44M)

Damn

I feel bad for you.

I’d never have to make that decision because I’d be the loser who showed up with pizza uninvited.

Would you kill 200 asians or 1 whitey? The overwhelming majority of white people would answer to kill the whitey.
why are you talking like evolutionary moral theory is 100% correct and applicable in every situation?

they would because they have been conditioned to hate themselves or they are evil racist nazis

the right choice is to not choose

In modern society you have spreadsheets deciding everything. There is no humanity left.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HUMANITY RISE UP

It really depends on if I know any of the people, desu. If I knew the one guy, I'd let the 5 die.

They used real unsuspecting people in set up situations where they legitimately thought their actions would decide someone's fate.