What was the first game you ever played and how old were you?

What was the first game you ever played and how old were you?

Attached: 1566309292630.jpg (381x353, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ssvZolPmmu0
youtube.com/watch?v=Shv24sgMqD4
youtube.com/watch?v=S-lVGudJKIA
youtube.com/watch?v=pmzPC-kLQec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SMB3 on the GBA SP
im was 12 years old

Attached: 1565839306474.gif (478x350, 84K)

First game was probably Q-Bert.
I vaguely remember playing it before I got my NES.
Pretty sure my first PC-game was Lego Island.

Super Mario Bros, 1992, 3 years old

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Super Smash Bros Melee, like 3 or 4 years old

Same as this user

montezuma's revenge for the atari

i was like 3 or 4 i think

X-Wing Alliance
3 years old

Either some DOS game or a game on the sega master system. Not totally sure.

Pokemon Colosseum, 8.

le wojak fac xD

jet set radio future

Chip n dale rescue rangers on the families old '95 machine way back. Or mechwarrior 2 on a family friend's equally ancient '95 machine but I had no idea what I was doing obviously. Must have been 4 or 5.
I asked my old man this a couple years ago out of interest and he said pic related.

Attached: Red_Baron_(Atari_Arcade_Game_Flyer).jpg (278x358, 31K)

Super Mario Bros. 3 on my aunt's NES. I was like 6 or something.

Duck Hunt, 4

super mario brubbers 2, nes, 1998, 3 years old

Simon's Quest, 2 or 3

the first game I ever played was Mario Paint on SNES, at least that's the first one I remember playing. First game I beat was the speedy gonzales SNES game.

Pong when I was like seven or so. I mean you didn't have many choices in the early to mid 70s.

Twister comming outta my mom

no idea probably pokemon red or some other gameboy game

worms on the sony playstation 1 i believe
dont know how old

Primal Rage PS1, shit was a mad kino first impression

probably sonic 1
like 3-4, 1999-2000

Spyro the Dragon, when I got a PS1 for Christmas. Ah, the memories....

The first game I ever played was super mario world. I was 3 years old, so I played my first video game in the year 1996.

super mario all-stars at 3 years old

>first game
proly an arcade machine 6-7 yo
first i owned was the big gray gameboy with a lucky luck game

Attached: 1566232966789.gif (368x368, 3.6M)

First game I remember besides minesweeper is probably Zombies Ate My neighbors, Mortal Kombat, or Sonic the Hedgehog, all on Genesis. My great grandma owned a Genesis and always had games even though she was in her 90s when I was born, and had arthritis in her hands that made it impossible to hold a TV remote, much less a controller. I spent a lot of time there so I probably played games before them.

super mario bros 6-7

The Lion King on the sega genesis

Can't even remember, my dad and his friends were always playing starcraft and diablo in the basement so probably those, must have been around 5 or 6

Wojak is Yea Forums culture. Don't come here if you don't like it.

California games 2, probably 5

I honestly don't remember
Probably The Sims or something

>Yea Forums culture.
You don't actually care

I think it was some Atari game where you play as a tank and shoot other tanks.
No idea how old, probably 3 or 4.

Thanks for the timestamp 4
Thanks for the 4

Some shove-it clone on my moms PC when I was 4.

Quake. I was 4 at the time, played on my cousin's PC with the shareware copy. She'd just put in for a card too so we didn't have to run it on the CPU. Shit was fucking amazing back then.

I forgot long ago what my first games were, but when I was like 4-5 im the early 2000s I used to hang out at my grandparents before school at noon and my grandpa would show me these cool ass computer games for MS-DOS like Lemmings, Jazz Jackrabbit, Epic Pinball, Jill of the Jungle, Quake 1, Death Rally, Wolfenstein 3D, so it couldve easily been any one of those or Atari 2600 games

It was most likely the demo for Sonic Adventure when I was 4 or 5 years old

Treasure Island Dizzy on the c64
stupidly hard

Simpsons hit and run, 3.
No, I'm not fucking with you.

About 4 or 5 years old. Ice Climbers is the first game I remember playing, on a bootleg famicom.

Attached: 1535886366157.jpg (500x281, 45K)

My first vivid memory is when I was 3. I was playing SMB3 with my older brother.

Attached: 1538066097621 1530849582404.jpg (220x406, 12K)

First I remember was Prince of Persia that came with (used) IBM AT. I was 12 I think

Attached: 1417385711150.jpg (600x443, 75K)

Pokemon Emerald when I was 6, from what I can remember.

Centipede, 5 or 6.

I was three when my Dad sat me down with my older brother's NES so he could have some peace and quiet. First game was Super Mario Bros. Then Double Dragon, Duck Hunt and Castlevania, pretty much all in one weekend.
Mario as a series lost its appeal after 64, Castlevania is dead, scrolling brawlers are almost extinct and nobody makes lightgun games anymore.
Writing this up, I've realized that everything I loved about games when I started is gone now. I guess I need a different hobby.

Attached: 1566100548744.jpg (823x950, 518K)

no problem bro glad to help

Pacman, my parents showed it to me I was probably 5yo or something like that.

Colony Wars
3 or 4 years old

It was either Captain Commando or Rainbow Six. I was probably 3-4 years old

I honestly never really liked to play games when I was a kid until my older brother bought this when it came out in '03 for the Gamecube. I was like 5.
After that I was addicted.

Attached: THUG.jpg (220x280, 19K)

Wojak has been cancer since its inception.
And feels good man was only cool for about a year or two.

Why should I leave to make way for your faggot ass when I was here first?

>Wojak is Yea Forums culture
No, you are factually wrong. Wojak is Krautchan culture, taken from there back in 2010 and spammed in r9k and reddit, now spammed here by the same sad r9k cross posters today. Don't know why Moot Un-deleted that shitty ass board in the first place.

Attached: Actually.png (200x200, 24K)

[ - ]

My earliest memory is playing Legend of Zelda on NES. I must have been 2 or somewhere around there. The first video game I actually remember understanding how to play was Kirby Super Star.

Finally someone who knows. All that '>tfw' shit only flooded Yea Forums when /r9k/ was deleted and the losers there went to their favorite hobby board to fester instead

Bomb Jack on Gameboy when I was 4 years old, thanks grandpa and grandma.

That game's theme is actually pretty based, looking back.

youtube.com/watch?v=ssvZolPmmu0

can't remember well.
probably Gradius in an arcade.
I was about 5 years old is all I can remember.
20 years later and I can't bring myself to play as much vidya as I used to.
feels bad.

Attached: images.jpg (266x189, 6K)

Wolfenstein 3D, I was about 3 or 4. I cried when BJ's face went like this.

Attached: 000.png (119x154, 40K)

Seriously, this spam shit is getting fucking annoying. Mods need to go to town on this like they did mlp.

Starcraft, I was 4 years old.

We used to call the console, the "Family", a few years back I discovered it was called the "Nintendo Family Computer", no one ever talks about it, that was my first console, as for games I have no idea, I guess it was the first Mario?
Im 24.

The Adventures of Microman on MS-DOS

I was 2, it was new year's eve at my older sisters best friends house.

Attached: Why are we still here, just to suffer..jpg (500x487, 84K)

test drive at 3 or 4.

Prince of Persia Sands of time
6 yo

some random learning game where you crafted potions n shit it was kind of spooky.. it was on the PC and was for like 6th grade level and I was probably in 2nd grade.. early 90's

Attached: 1523600272797.webm (540x960, 897K)

Either Legend of Kyrandia or Dune 2 can''t really remember anymore, circa 5 years old

The original Super Mario Bros on the NES. I think I was five or six..

Can't remember for sure but it was probably one of the Commander Keen games. I was 4 or 5 years old back then.

first games were on amiga, asteroids, stunt racer, zool, james pond 2 robocod, superfrog

Born in '87. Probably Armored Encounter/Sub Chase on Odyssey2. That was in the mid-90s though, my parents kinda shunned electronics so I only got stuff second hand that was super cheap. Still, great fun. Playing a SNES at a friend's house was mindblowing, though. And then the N64, man, Mario 64 and Shadows of the Empire are seared into my brain, at the time it was unbelievable.
I honestly wish we had the tech for full dive VR, because the video output really does a good job faking insertion, but everything else is at best really poor and in general non-existant. If we get it in my life, I think it'll be the final "mindblowing" video game experience in my life. I hope I live long enough to see it.

Attached: 161381-armored-encounter-sub-chase-odyssey-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1043, 279K)

I was 2 years old. My cousin introduced me to it.

Attached: 260055-david-crane-s-a-boy-and-his-blob-trouble-on-blobolonia-nes-front-cover.jpg (800x1136, 231K)

oh i also had Mixed up mother goose an adventure game about nursery rhymes

Mechwarrior 4
Around 7 i think

Attached: 1565721821039.jpg (666x720, 49K)

No-one else in the thread? Really? I'm shocked. Playing this in the elementary school library on an old apple with a genuine 5.25" floppy floppy was my first memory of vidya. Next time it was Oregon Trail.

Attached: number-munchers.png (648x409, 4K)

>Jill of the Jungle
OMG i had that thanks for the name. have you ever played a dos game called break out bob, or something like that, b.o.b, it was a kind of puzzle game about avoiding cameras and getting to the exit

This was the first thing I remember playing circa 2001-2002. I would've been 6 or 7

Attached: 220px-Midtown_Madness_2_Coverart.png (220x257, 123K)

Super Mario Bros. on an American SNES.

Born in 97 and Kirby's Dreamland was my first game. I played the fuck out of my black n green gameboy. Also played Ducktails and Bram Stokers Dracula. People shit on the music in Dracula but it's actually pretty kino for a tinny gameboy speaker.
youtube.com/watch?v=Shv24sgMqD4
Also ultra 3d pinball had comodore quality chip music.
youtube.com/watch?v=S-lVGudJKIA

Later when I got my own computer I played a lot of Everquest and Diablo 2. ahhh

Attached: 521.jpg (2681x1121, 1014K)

Bushido Blade 2, 5 years old along with my 15 year old cousin.
I distinctly remember feeling afraid of the game because the menu was entirely in japanese and I though we had put disc in wrong somehow.

Some Land Before Time maze game, Doom, watching my Sister play Resident Evil, one of those.
Maybe that game where you play as a tank and its like green wireframe 3d world, it was trippy.

LTTP at 3 or 4 1996-1997

Super Mario Brothers 3 on the NES
I don't remember how old I was, my guess is 3.

This was one of my firsts as well - this and the original. I remember being so disappointed when Midtown Madness 3 didn't come out on PC.

Shareware Doom on PC, 2 years old

Did you also push the police cars into the San Francisco bay haha?

Sonic the hedgehog on the genesis, about 3

Banjo Kazooie, 3 years old

I played this game when I was like six. I have never seen anyone else reference this game, ever.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x907, 396K)

Old ass cyborg cop game forgot the name tho

I remember some building near the bay where I'd push and pile up every police car in the city.

What if I've been playing games since before I can remember?

Kirby's Dream Land 2. I think I was like 7.

Probs Doom, or Warcraft 1. I specifically remember playing loads of Quake, Duke Nukem, Red Alert, x-com apoc, and Fallout, tho. Diablo, Total Annhiliation, and Warcraft II were also mainstays.

youtube.com/watch?v=pmzPC-kLQec

I was around 5. I remember playing asteroids on an arcade machine once before this though. My dad held me up so i could play it.

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure for DOS, I was 5

Attached: cosmos-cosmic-adventure_2.png (640x400, 7K)

DOS Duke Nukem, it was 1994 and I was 3 years old

Super Mario Bros. 3, as far as I can recall.

It could've been Donkey Kong on a cabinet, but that's blurry.

One of the Mario Allstar titles, probably 2 or 3, when I was 5. Either that or the Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 demos in the Sears department store at the mall.

Shit it was prolly Mario Bros on the nes in like 2000, cus my mom's boyfriend at the time was a computer guy and had shitloads of custom PCs and the old consoles (sega, etc.). Played DOOM, AoE2, Red Alert 2, and other classics. Good times. My aunt was also big into gaming, funnily enough, and had Mario Kart and Street Fighter.

First game? i don't remember, but my first online shooter was wolf et, still playing it to this day on daily basis and there's a whole lot of other people too

Attached: illust_73748601_20190819_100514.jpg (1061x1500, 1.19M)