He doesn't play old games on a CRT

>he doesn't play old games on a CRT
The only thing worse is being an emulater.

Attached: Ike-Asuka.jpg (977x722, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/brMW6KFue-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gay.

ok retard

Sorry about ur virginity

>he doesn't play on a microwave

>tfw trying to get an 20" ikegami monitor on craigslist RIGHT NOW
>seller is ignoring me
This is beyond frustrating.

Nice, got pictures of it? What model?

Playing Winback on the PS2 right now

Attached: IMG_20190820_075836732~2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.1M)

consumer trash

That game any good? I see it for 7 bucks at my local shop.

Means they found someone who will pay more retard

2x consumer, 2x VGA, 2x PVM. Dropping a couple stacks on a widescreen BVM soon.

Yeah it's certainly not great. It was 5 bucks though. As soon as I find something better I'll definitely replace it.
I really like it. It's apparently the first 3rd person cover shooter. Reminds me of Time Crisis and a jank Metal Gear

CRT image quality just doesn't hold up well. It's more interesting to mod consoles for digital output and mess around with scaling than it is to hunt down these ancient displays

I'm okay with a jank metal gear. I've seen the 64 one which definitely looks like a step down. Some of the way those older japanese third person shooters feel is very unique, making them hold up very well.

>it doesn't hold up
baka!

Attached: purikura-sat (7).jpg (4656x3492, 3.83M)

I didn't even know there was a PS2 port of it until a week or so ago. I was planning on getting the 64 version, but the ps2 port is the way to go. I would genuinely recommend this game, even though its a tad frustrating in spots.

Yeah, the 64 version (predictably) looks a lot worse, is foggy as hell and runs terribly.

ANTA BAKA

He raised the price to $500 because it was "the last one" despite having sold five others for $300 and it's been sitting on craigslist for two months with no takers. He asked me if I would pay $400 and I said no since it's the same thing he sold for $300 and there's no reason to pay more.

He agreed to $300 but isn't responding anymore wtf.

Wich one do you recomend me?
>Sony pvm 14l5
>Sony pvm 20l5
I want it mostly for Dreamcast/Gamecube games

That's supply and demand for you. Once the supply side is low enough it doesn't matter that only one person on the planet wants it

The 19" one obviously. If it's too expensive get the 13", but bear in mind it's not very big and if you stay interested in CRT technology you'll probably get the 19" one anyways eventually.

they're both multiformat, only issue is pricing really.

Im a complete noob with this things, do i need a toro box or something like that?

>actually caring about CRT's
What a terrible meme. I haven't once missed having to use CRT's just like I don't miss having to use pay phones and dial-up internet.

>having a massive physical vintage game collection, which takes up an entire room all by itself and requires regular tidying and organizing
>...or just have a laptop, which will store and play every game on its hard drive and is only the size of a text book

I don't understand you collector anons.

CRTs are still the display of choice for analog SD media. If you can't understand why you don't belong in this thread.

>meme

Attached: crtvslcd.jpg (1280x1280, 258K)

That's why filters exist.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what OP is doing.

lol how can you be this stupid. Not how screens work retard.

user I'm sorry but those shoes look like hot fucking garbage, get some non-kiddy shoes

For Dreamcast yeah, L5's only have one sync line but they do accept 480p+.

>filters

Attached: lookin good.jpg (615x593, 96K)

Wheres all the footage of ps4 games on crt? Thats what I want to see

Emulation (only if perfect/good) + Pvm/Bvm + OG controllers is the patrician choice, literally the best of 2 worlds.

PS4 has no DAC so it should only be played on a digital display, but if you have HDSDI you can easily pull it off on a compatible CRT.

Emulation is never perfect, and it's never good. Original hardware always.

Attached: 1080iHD-1987.jpg (1083x720, 69K)

This. I’ve been rediscovering all my favorite arcade games through my PVM + CRTemu

Attached: 6F18F708-E167-467E-9C74-FB592DFF1B04.jpg (828x1439, 796K)

Managed to make room on my desk for this Walmart TV and it fits nicely on top of the Xbox which I plan on hardmodding once I get more comfortable with soldering.

Attached: 20190820_101810.jpg (2160x2880, 1.34M)

>composite

i dont get this either, instead of buying a ps1 slim and a scart->hdmi adaptor for $40 they bought the retarded meme s'y emulation devices for $99

pic also related, get a real cabinet or fuck off

Attached: manchild.jpg (500x750, 59K)

Xbox hard mods are really easy. Do the simple tsop mod, it's only a few wires. Just don't forget you always need flux, no exceptions, use good solder not cheap shit - get something like KESTER SOLDER 32117 24-6040-0027 60/40 don't use lead free solder, lead helps solder flow.

> scart->hdmi adaptor for $40
those things have at minimum 7 frames of lag, some up to 14 and don't recognize 240p, treat it like it's 480i ruining the image.

Attached: crtvlcd22.jpg (3108x3340, 1.9M)

>implying there's anything wrong (in principle) with emulators

There is in practice, emulation is always inferior.

>implying CRTs and LCDs are the only types of screen

>Emulation is never perfect, and it's never good.
The lies original hardware fags tell themselves.

For the 4th generation and below, emulation has already been perfected. For newer shit, eh it's hit or miss. I use whichever's better situationally.

My graphics card doesn't have a VGA output and I'm not buying an adapter that will make the image shitty.

Do you not have DVI-I?

PS an N64 emulators are still glitchy, where the fuck did you get that they have been perfected.

>those things have at minimum 7 frames of lag
is there any way to get the analog image to a digital display without lag?

you don't use a digital display

No I think it has dvi-d output.

>paying 300 for a old Tv
Just go on eBay and buy one for 100 or something Jesus Christ

That's exactly what I said. Read my post again.

that's the 5th generation

Find me an old TV with 800 lines three inputs, RGB, Component, S-Video support, and switchable aspect ratio.

make and model of this crt? It looks so kino. I'm sure it cost 9 million billion dollars cause people are absolute faggots

Oh no, it's the local autist CRT-kun again.

Attached: incoming transmission bog.png (576x768, 237K)

like I said walmart TV with just video and mono speakers. Don't have over $100 to drop on a better CRT on Ebay and the thrift stores around my area are absolute ass. I also just like the novelty of playing on a shitty TV it just nostalgic to me.
Thanks for the recommendations! I still don't know all that much about the mods but I have the 1.6 model Xbox which I read needed to be hardmodded to get past the locked bios so I got the Aladdin XT chip.

my fault

GUYS I PLAY ON OLD MACHINE XDDD AM I COOL YET?

Its safe do put a tv over a console?

>not being immediately mindblown when seeing a color LCD for the first time and touching it and seeing the mouse ghosting and not wishing your younger self had that shit
>not moving on to re-living your childhood except in an alternate better dimension where your older ass comes in a time portal and drops a color LCD monitor because that kicks ass

it's okay

I got a Trinitron that I keep in my room if I want to play older consoles. I'm usually in the living room, though.

Dont lie jonny, you live with your parents.

Fun fact I tried to draw this

Attached: 23BBE5FD-2F38-4AF5-A2B2-52D2D9802063.jpg (3515x2684, 1.94M)

Don't feel like taking new pictures, but been playing Phantasia on Snes.

Attached: 20190725_163924.jpg (4128x2322, 1.88M)

Nice one user.
Learn up some vanishing point perspective. Very easy to grasp and will improve a ton in a geometric pic like that.

Kino grass and sky.

What the fuck doe any of that mean are this much of a virgin just use any tv that works lmao

>drinking from plastic bottles

Switch to glass user

the different backgrounds/terrain for battles are honestly beautiful. i really love the look of them.

Post it on r/evangelion, or a meme subreddit and mention it took you effort/time, reddit fags love these kind of things.

Repro cart or injected translation on a real SuFami cart a la Voultar?

I use metal and glass, do I have anything to worry about?

I'd use HDSDI for stuff like Sonic Mania if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Nice cat tho

No

repro cart. this one actually feels like a real snes game. even has metal screws instead of the plastic ones i have on a few others i ordered in the past.

Processing can go a really long way.

Not him but even though I do I don't want to track down some old ATI card for 15htz.

Thanks

As long as you dont keep them on the freezer for too long you are ok.

Pro gamer advice right there Yea Forumsros
i kekd

i got one of those in the back of my car please take it from me

ngl I just use a PC CRT and 3840x240 @ 120Hz with BFI

But I do

Attached: soul.jpg (927x928, 115K)

You don't need to justify your hobby by trashing emulators. Being more accessable doesn't mean being worse, it just means less involved.

pretty sure modern cards work with crt_emudriver 2.0.

BFI? And I don't think my 970ti will do less than 480p. My PVM maxes at 480i.

I wish there was an easy way to just hook up an old PVM. Fuck buying some extra graphics card and dealing with all that shit for the sake of a 240p image.

That SUBTLE penis in the face tho

No, it will always have a delay.

4th and below is still not perfected. Genesis still has sound issues so much so that you can clearly tell the difference between music recorded from an emulator and the real hardware. The runahead meme does not work, and the solutions for using real input devices are garbage. Not to mention no support for tons of different kinds of accessories like light guns and alternate controllers such as the arkanoid pad.

Attached: half-pixels.png (1806x1690, 3.68M)

Will there ever be another generation as materialistic and dumb as gen x manchildren?

Attached: avgnsunday.jpg (595x381, 290K)

>OWNING THINGS ARE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
enjoy Stadia my bro.

what's the best way to watch pirated movies on CRTs? burn them to a DVD?

black frame insertion

As long as your monitor supports vsync @ 120Hz then you should be able to use that video mode, which uses hsync @ 31KHz. sync rates are what matter, not lines.

There is more to life to owning things, but owning things is important as well. Fuck zoomers and gen x

pretty much. i think you can soft mod a slim ps2 and play them off a usb, but i don't know all the specifics. that or get a crt that has component and/or dvi and use a ps3.

I don't like my water too cold so I guess I'm fine

It's Joey, and I live with my wife and cat.

Hey OP how does it feel knowing that all your media is going to rot one day and become unusable, meanwhile people who are using emulators will infinitely preserve media into the future as long as there's a copy of it floating around in the digital space?

How's that VHS degredation treating your media? Can you even still use some of your laserdiscs?

Attached: 0201_rot.jpg (500x393, 32K)

>discs might rot one day
>going to die one day regardless
oh the horror user!

Some of my PS games died in early 2000's.

"Purified drinking water"
Imagine being American

that's just bad luck.

>If I can't be alive to experience something, nobody should be able to!

For someone who likes boomer media this is a pretty childish take.

Attached: 122342354.jpg (448x363, 61K)

>It's Joey, and I live with my wife and cat.
It's Joey, and I live with my wife and his boyfriend
FTFY

CDs are the worst kind of physical media, glad they are being phased out.

is it though? selfish maybe. childish? pushing it a bit.

>it's another "OP coping with having bought overpriced outdated technology" thread

Attached: 1550613712107.jpg (1125x2097, 185K)

My father owned so many CRTs and other old tech that he turned a room in his house into a storage room. I own 2.

You anywhere in florida?

You would have a point, but you fail to consider that your position is somewhat similar to a small child breaking a toy just because a local adult said you had to share it.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather fucking an hero than have any of my childhood games disappear from history just because some technology elitist thought the original way to play it was so superior that it didn't need to be preserved by other means. Can you imagine being stuck with nothing but modern video games?

Well, you wouldn't even get "stuck" with those, since like 50% of them are games as a service that are gonna die within a decade.

While there are still good games that come out nowadays, I don't think that many reach the heights of quality older games do, and I don't wanna lose those just because some fucking boomers wanted their compulsive hoarder autism to dictate the future of certain media's existence.

Attached: Sanic.jpg (172x166, 6K)

I use an OSSC for everything except PS2

Attached: 1445726985322.gif (128x128, 49K)

Okay I'll check it out. And presumably I can connect through some kind of DVI to SCART?

I have no issue with emulation though. I think older games should be preserved using every way possible. I just like owning my games physically while I'm alive. When I'm dead they will most likely be thrown into the trash as far as I am led to believe. So, at the end of the day it really makes no difference.

the original xbox is probably the only console that could safely take it

That's fair though I think said games should be given to those who will preserve them if you're no longer around.

I just see some stuff rotting, degrading in quality, or becoming outright unusable and it makes me sad that some people keep being shitty about emulation when in a few decades that is the only way I will be able to play games that were made for cartridges since all the physical media will have rotted and all the consoles used to run them became so old the individual parts inside of them died out and replacements aren't made anymore so not even the restoration autists will find a way to recover them.

Anybody have experience fixing geometry issues on a Sony wega? It’s not too bad, but it’s something I’d like to take care of

south florida

no shit? mabye continue lurking

No, this won't help you use a CRT TV like your PVM which only runs at 240p60 (15KHz). This is for using a PC CRT.

I think people will continue to make new "retro" consoles so at the very least there should still be a way to play the games. I don't know the longevity of cartridge based games, but I can vouch that my nes that I bought as a kid still work to this day. I guess time will tell.

yeah, did my hdcrt wega and sd trinitron a couple of days ago. look so much better now.

Seriously? I'd genuinely meet up to buy it. Post a picture.

What about this bad boy for 6 generation?

Attached: OSSC-Open-Source-Scan-Converter-BR.jpg (3780x2970, 2.65M)

what the fuck are you then

i gave up on full original hardware when ebay classic games started rising to near brand new game prices
>ossc
>my 49 inch lcd
>softmodded consoles / flashcarts
i couldnt be happier it also forced me to learn a new skill when i wanted to mod my ps1 with a PSIO sd card reader

Attached: OSSC.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

I believe this image was proven as edited. But yes, there's a difference.

I want something like this, but with CRT simulation.

hello you dirty Cuban/Jew/Haitian.

That TV looks 80's /m/ as hell.
What model is that?
I want one.

I've been wanting to try his method for patching a translation onto a real Super Famicom cart. It's just supremely cool, even if it is an inordinate amount of work just to do something like playing Dragon Quest 1+2 in English on real hardware. It's more that the process of doing it would be really fun.

Well, a lot of my analog media are records, and those are good for all time, so whatever.

Also, games not on discs will be good for a long time.

that would be cool. i lack the technology gene, shit just goes over my head, so aliexpress is literally a godsend when it comes to translated snes games.

Disc rot is only affecting a very small percentage of overall Laserdiscs manufactured. There are a few titles notorious for experiencing it, but the vast majority play fine even today, 40 years into the format's lifespan.

how well do you think DS/3DS/Switch games will hold up in the coming decades?

that's why I think at least for the rest of my life I should be good. things happen too and that's life, not much you can do about it.

It has options for scanlines and hybrid scanlines which is semi close

Quite. No capacitors to blow, nothing to come demagnetized, etc. Flash memory is essentially upgraded EEPROM and very stable.

I mean, it's an important question for archivists to consider, because we're really already undergoing a data retention crisis in fields like medicine, academia, scientific research, etc. That's something I deal with at work fairly often, actually. I work in a medical library, and there's a ton of research that's digitally tied to old systems and hardware that's starting to fail. Hard drives are the worst in that regard. There's a sort of crisis of "oh shit we have a ton of data seriously at risk and limited to resources to convert and preserve."

It's why microfilm and microfiche will never really be obsolete. Under optimal conditions, that stuff will easily last 500 years.

>I will never see a PVM at a reasonable price again

Attached: 4585693569.jpg (180x211, 4K)

Unironically buy from Mexico, people here phased out that tech and don't care about anything but HDTVs.

PVMs are kind of an unusual breed though because they were produced in significantly smaller quantities than consumer televisions.

Just check your local listings, you get lucky every now and then. If you've got any rinky dink local TV or radio stations, just go ask, they might have some in storage. Got a beautiful Marantz 7C tube amp that way a few years ago, and that thing sounds incredible and is worth a small fortune these days.

Listen OP, my only option is a mono only duraband CRT that only does 480I and only takes component. Is it better than nothing?

el psy kongroo

based

Attached: 1542476038577.gif (498x278, 226K)

5th gen and earlier games will probably still look better on that than on a modern LCD/LED TV, but the mono sound would be a deal breaker for me, personally.

Don't pay more than like $5 for that, though.

>ps2
>old games
Try harder zoomer

The PS2 came out almost 20 years ago, user. I was in highschool, so now I feel terribly old.

When /vr/ fuckos will allow 6th gen? I just wanna talk about PS2 gems with my fellow millenials.

Bob deinterlacing flicker is absolute shite.

That image wasn't edited at all. Don't spread disinfo.

Never. You can talk about PS2 games easily on Yea Forums. /vr/ is not about being "old enough" it's about being able to keep discussions of these consoles from being completely drowned out.

Nobody talks about PS2 games here with the exception of obsessed SHfags.

>its the rot meme
>and the emulation = preservstion meme

The digital display itself will have some input lag, not much you can do about that other than get a display with as little lag as possible. It's not so bad though, at least if you're looking for gaming-oriented LCD monitors you can find some with well under 1 frame (at 60Hz) input lag.

In terms of lag from the scaler/converter, I think the fancy expensive ones have 1 frame of input lag or less, though they can get expensive. You can definitely do much, much better in terms of lag than what a no-name, cheapo converter will give you though.

We could start.

What I love about that gen is that we were at a point where studios could make competent 3d games, at a reasonably good level of visual quality, but development costs hadn't skyrocketed yet like happened with the shift to HD. There was a lot of creative freedom because developers were no longer grappling with the challenges of adapting to 3d and were not yet hamstrung by high costs and market trepidation towards the original.

One of my favorite games from that era was the Adventures of Cookies and Cream on PS2. It was a creative co-op platformer, and even though it's a little wonky, it's a delightful play even today.

Attached: ps2_adventures_cookie_and_cream-110214.jpg (300x300, 29K)

Good game, by the creators of dark souls too.

Back when From Soft could make more than just Souls. Good times, good times

>retro games were not meant to be played on consumer CRTs
Literally what the fuck tier of retarded autism are you people on.

Most tap water in America is perfectly fine, but people are retarded.
>buh muh fluoride
The fluoride levels in tap water is regulated to 0.7mg/L

Here's a map where the untreated lake and river water has a measurement of 1.5mg/L or higher.

Attached: 1543250935389.png (1920x848, 441K)

mind if I get this printed to put my wall? I love janky art like this and have been meaning to get something framed

>Staring at CRT screens causes intense pain behind my eyes, like they're going to pop out
What is wrong with me?

Attached: Hola oscuridad, mi amigo viejo.jpg (607x340, 109K)

Most of the games were tested by devs with a high-grade equipment like PVMs therefore its the only way to experience the game as intended.

Attached: IMG_0677.jpg (2304x1728, 1.4M)

Radiation kicks in.

The days where devs could just throw ideas at the wall, see what sticks. It's how we got utterly bonkers games like katamari damacy.

It's 15khz whine, upper limit of what our ears can perceive, and just barely. You stop hearing it when you get older.

Tell me this, my fellow PS2fag, is it overall better to throw my money at a CRT and play my PS2 games on that instead of on my 32 inch? Do games on the PS2 look better on a CRT than on a LCD screen? Is there any kind of lag when playing on a CRT? Any good cables I should get?

Attached: image.jpg (800x800, 202K)

Most all ps2 games run in 480i. About 100 to 200 support 480p. Your lcd needs to deinterlace and upscale, making it a very laggy operation. The result is unresponsive gameplay and a very soft image. A crt is best for it.

youtu.be/brMW6KFue-I

You literally just spelled it out in your own post, dumbass. Games were TESTED on certain hardware, but they were always intended to be sold for and played on the most common contemporary consumer-grade stuff. The point would be more relevant if you were doing game dev or homebrew for retro consoles.

Never said it was a retro console friend. I'm only 25 years old though, so I'm probably still a zoomer to you

I ordered convergence strips for my massive dinosaur RCA CRT to fix the blurry corners.
Anyone else work on these things and haven't killed themselves?

Here's my setup for you all to cringe at more. Too sick to clean my desk and I'm laying down now

Attached: IMG_20190820_124325568.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

To me what he means is that he has what he wants, and nothing more.
I find that, for me, I have my own set of creature comforts that keep me sane. Stuff like my CRT, game consoles, my kitty, my PC, my games, etc. Just things that were worth the return on investment solely on my personal enjoyment. I am overall much happier with my life ever since I got back into CRTs. While it may seem vain, I can honestly say that. I am fond of my material possessions but I dont let them rule my life I could go without them and still be positive but I'd much rather have those things than not.
It is starting to get to the point where I need to get rid of some stuff, mostly useless console accessories and games I dont find, under a lose criteria of, interesting.

Just be sure to dissipate the tube first.

Attached: 20190820_124715.jpg (4032x2268, 2.88M)

>lotion and tissues

Attached: 1533804071910.jpg (600x580, 60K)

Just make sure to discharge it and you'll be fine. Better safe than fried.

Been going back and forth with replaying FFVII on both my PS3 connected to my trinitron wega and my Vita, and it's pretty funny how the dithering sticks out like a sore thumb on the Vita, despite its own nice screen. Definitely prefer playing it on my CRT, where the FMVs also manage to still look really nice.

>This is Happening
Noice. I have a white label test pressing of that record but I have no recollection of buying it or anything.

>bottled water
enjoy the microplastics

Hand sanitizer and tissues my dude.

I used to really like DFA stuff but I haven't listened to it a ton the last couple years. I have this as well as a signed copy of Sinkane's album

Attached: IMG_20190820_125207113.jpg (3264x2448, 1.75M)

I've got a great PC CRT monitor but fucking nobody near me has any professional CRTs to sell, and of course eBay is dominated by price hiking scalpers/hoarders (they're even creeping into consumer sets now). Are there any decent options for converting various analog signals to a typical VGA monitor? I'm mostly looking for good means to convert component and/or RGB, and if possible, S-video.

Attached: 1566166503985.jpg (549x633, 55K)

I just jerk it raw and let the cum seep into my underpants.

Philips CRTs any good? I've got one from 2003 sitting in my garage.

There are a lot of games I'd like to play through on a CRT, but I only have a modern GPU and from what I hear most converters ruin it. Doushio?

Attached: 1556190533236.jpg (400x397, 54K)

You could always do a fun side project and build yourself an old PC.

God I fucking love CRTs, they're some of my favorite RTs.

Only problem with them is that you can't get an UHD one.

If you can cram a CRT or two in, it just gets comfy. As a retro game fan, I've tried going the Framemeister way, but it's quite the hassle. You got all these profiles to mess with to get an exact way for each specific console to look and then you want integer scaling that never quite gets the job done at the 1080p resolution it can scale to. Then some PlayStation games switch resolutions on the fly which gives you a few seconds of black screen in, for instance, Symphony ever time you open the menu.

I was even tempted to buy that Anaologue NT Mini to get my Mega Drive games blasted up on the big screen, but then there's a whole bunch of settings you have to fiddle with to get it sound *approximately* like a MD1 and all kinds of other things to consider.

With a CRT it's just plug & play... Especially in my part of the world where the standard is RGB scart. Then you can save your money on expensive scalers and spend them on RGB modding your consoles instead and you are good to go.

If you wanna emulate, softmod a Wii as it has a nice analog output option and tons of support with great emulators like Mednafen.

Attached: Setup 2019.jpg (4009x2278, 2.71M)

I recently got a c531 for free.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 287K)