Are games so uninspired this decade that people have to remaster and remake everything?

Are games so uninspired this decade that people have to remaster and remake everything?

Attached: b9a.jpg (500x375, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lion_king_2019
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good thing you have this original thought to keep us all grounded

based sarcasm poster

Yes but the remakes/remasters actually have soul and I'd rather that than Generic Loot Shooter as a "service" featuring $40 dollar season passes mean to deliver what should be a full game at Jewish prices.

Same problem as movies, nostalgia sells
Nu Lion King is the top grossing animated movie of all time

The state of pop culture is depressing and it doesnt seem to be improving anytime soon

But that's literally every art form. It's all rehashes bro look at how many Romans/Greeks built marble sculptures. Do you think the first guy to build a marble sculpture ended up bitching about everyone rehashing his idea? Probably. And that's why we're here today. To bitch some more

It makes profit sooo

In the current state of the world we have an economy of entertainment where companies spend a lot of money on a single product which is expected to make the money back and more.
This is because of the growth of the entertainment business past the point of saturation. There are more things made then anyone can consume so the race is for getting people to consume your product over the one next to it and it's proven that brand and title recognition is key in achieving this.

Yes. And butcher the remakes/remasters, too.
Just fucking play old games, kids. For goddamn fuck's sake.

modern grafix require way more time to be wasted on things that have nothing to do with gameplay. What devs should focus on first and foremost is satisfying character movement.

>Nu Lion King is the top grossing animated movie of all time

even with the mediocre reviews?

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lion_king_2019

>1.4 billion gross for a movie that already exists
according to boxofficemojo.com

It's easy money

Games are the same way. Even if your product is abject garbage, so long as you pour a lot of money into marketing and have good brand recognition people will buy it for the "experience" with their friends, so they don't miss out on current events. For many that social element is the only reason they see movies/play games at all. Even a terrible release serves that by inciting ridicule.

Humanity is uninspired trash. My generation was a mistake. Look at Hollywood and the constant remaking of existing shit or capeshit.

Thats what makes it extra shitty. The general populace do not care about the lack of soul in the remake, it has nostalgia and nice cgi so thats all they care about.

>Still have a large market based around manchildren who refuse to stop playing with toys
>Still continue to remake boomer shit while all the zoomers play Fortnite
>People gobble the shit up regardless

I-I'm not projecting though! My life is just fine!

>Even if your product is abject garbage, so long as you pour a lot of money into marketing and have good brand recognition people will buy it for the "experience" with their friends, so they don't miss out on current events.

Just like what happened with FF15. Released as a piece of shit game and yet sold a bunch of copies

Shut up stupid dog

How did retards become the majority human population? I want to know.

The problem is that consumers are too tasteless to realize how shit most of these remasters and demakes look, and too lazy to play the originals. It doesn't help that publishers are incentivized to not port the originals in order to sell the demakes. FFX is the worst example. One the best selling games and it never got one port, all so SE could sell that chinese bootleg remaster.

because retards have retarded kids, and retarded kids motivate them to step out and spend money on retarded shit