Is there even a single good western game released this year so far?

Is there even a single good western game released this year so far?

Attached: west vs east.png (2037x1637, 3.18M)

dont forget rage 2 vs death stranding

I wouldn't consider metro to be western

>KH3

>Death Stranding
>Game

The only game that matters this year, Doom Eternal is Western.

MK11 has outsold every game on the left combined. No one wants to play to
Japanese games :(

Is there even a single good western game released?

Yeah RDR2

Attached: 1560800375412.jpg (882x863, 235K)

>Western fag is too stupid to tell left from right

Whats wrong with Metro

>KH3 on the same level as the other 3
It was average at best.

Shut up you dirty nip. Don't forget you'd have no games or anime if it wasn't for us Based Americans taking over and WINNING WW2

>Sekino
>DMC5
>RE2
>FE3H
>Mario Maker 2
>DQ Builders 2
>Judgment
How do westerners even compare

Not the best games, possibly, but still good
Add Astral Chain and Iceborne to the right
Then add Gears5 and Borderlands 3 to the left

DMCV is not good tho

This has been a trend for a while now. Nips have focused gacha mechanics in mobile gacha games, so their main lines are free from this curse (mostly) and they can actually focus on making decent games instead of worrying about putting enough microtransactions to please corporate.

except it hasnt lol

>metro
>western

classic wow soon.

Pathologic 2

>The only release westerners have to compare is actually a re-release of a 15y/o game that has been played for years on pirate servers
Sugoi, gaijin-sama!

Control is looking to be pretty great

You mean pretty irrelevant?

>d-do I fit in yet guise? xD

Risk of Rain 2, My friend pedro
also this

Great games are usually irrelevant in this industry, it's the tripe that stands out.

They don't. Identity politics is invading western games like a disease. Look at the state of Far Cry New Dawn, Wolfenstein: Young Blood etc.

I personally have no problem with inclusion when it feels natural and unforced. But cramming that shit everywhere is an embarrassment. The way western devs do it is so obviously 'Woke™'.

anno 1800

Is it?
I haven't seen anything that makes me think it looks particularly amazing or anything.

This year was hideously frontloaded.

Rage 2 is a fantastic shooter locked in a mind-numbingly boring open world.

>chinese government had to step in and stop its own people from being retarded and dying in lan centers from wow.
Not to mention fried sewer water.

to be completely fair, it at least makes sense in Youngblood, it's like all these 'woke' morons found the only appropriate outlet.

I still have a shit ton of games i'm looking forward too.

Astral Chain
Control
Luigi's Mansion 3
Zelda Links Awakening
Death Stranding
Shenmue 3
Doom Eternal
The Outer Worlds
Pokemon Sword and Shield

and for western 'AAA' fags

Star Wars Jedi
Call of Duty Modern reboot
Borderlands 3
Gears 5
Ghost Recon Breakpoint

The gameplay looks pretty standard TPS, but the setting and atmosphere look more original than anything I've seen in a long time.

all for the Mangoes

So Death Stranding and Doom 5.

>Pokemon Sword and Shield

Attached: kys.gif (640x360, 440K)

I was kind of interested in new dawn, what's wrong with it?
Also Remake 2 was fucking garbage

Amid FUCKING Evil

You are the cancer killing videogames.

Doom Eternal looks like its gonna be good, but thats about it. Not only have western games gone down the mtx rabbit hole, but worse yet, they've become stale as fuck

PS4 version of The Messenger released this year. That counts, right?

Attached: fc58fce0d7fa5452e624981d5bd13ab7abf04ff58df0fe62a551829b1b61d171.png (210x210, 2K)

Sekiro was trash tho

Since 2010 and i am being generous here, a good western game that measures up to the greatness of Sekiro and Bloodborne has never been released .
Not remotely good. Can barely called a game even, interactive movie is more fitting.

>Sekiro
You're not being serious are you? Because it's even funnier if you are.

Sekiro is amazing

It's the worst Fromsoft game

One guy gets it.

This. Sekiro was terrible, From had no reason to spike up the difficulty so much compared to Dark Souls.

Wow you goddamn small dick nip sucker. Even Sekiro devs wanna make a red dead style game. They know it's better. Fuck off

It has by far the best combat mechanics Fromsoft has ever produced. I went back to playing BB but i couldn't do go further than Gascoigne cause Sekiro spoiled me. The bosses are also by far the best mechanically and most compelling from a cinematic standpoint.

>no more customizability
>shoehorned in stealth shit
>good because muh cinematics
If I didn't know any better I'd think you were baiting me

>kingdom hearts 3
>sekiro
>good games

ok retard

Not one game worth a shit. That’s depressing. Here’s to 2020 I guess.

>no more customizability
There is just less of it and that's a good thing. Dark Souls has too many fucking weapons and that had been addressed with Bloodborne and with Sekiro they went even further. Which is a plus for me cause streamlining all the bloated clutter and designing the game around a specific play style makes it easier to create a far deeper combat system. And the result speaks for itself.
Stealth is shit i agree but it should be fleshed out instead of removed.

I don't give a fuck what they have to say. I know what i like. And i'm not a nip dick sucker. I despise animu and despise nip tv shows and think generally they are shit at anything related to cinema but they make the best vidyas.

>From had no reason to spike up the difficulty so much compared to Dark Souls.
Sekiro isn’t THAT difficult. There are a few fights that are pretty tough but the strongest bosses of every game is more or less down to play style on where it fits on the difficulty scale.

I didn't like being pigeonholed into using a play style that I didn't like using in DS.

Literally the only 2 I care about in this list are Astral Chain and Doom, rest is poopoo

>Cawadudy: Modern Welfare
>Doom Eternal

The only western games that even compare to those ones haven't even been released yet

>Sekiro
>bad

Attached: sekino.webm (720x375, 2.7M)

It's not called Dark Souls 4. Also do you hate like every game that isn't an RPG. MGR is very similar to Sekiro, is it automatically shit to you just because you don't get to fuck around with magic and shit?

next year is going to be great

Attached: Halo-Infinite-Pelican-Cheif-8K.jpg (8192x4608, 2.68M)

>>no more customizability
thats a good thing retard. means the game is designed masterfully around one thing, not generic and all over the place because you don't know how the player plays

FF7 remake at least, new console and next gen game announcements... and another election to ruin this site.

>AAA experience
>MTX
kek

>Not remotely good. Can barely called a game even, interactive movie is more fitting.

Attached: 1449449712465.png (978x972, 397K)

desu fuck western games, there hasnt been a single good engaging title in many many years

being a Halochad and a weeb is the most satisfying experience.
>don't care about 99% of westshit
>play kino like FE3H
>relive the glory days in Halo 3
>Halo is back from the dead
It's a great time to be a weeb halo fan

Attached: captainking2.png (1250x1798, 348K)

ur mother is trash get the fuck out

No, but being given more options as a player is always a good thing.
Never actually played MGR

DS3 was a perfectly fine game.

Stop putting European games in "western", yes is technically correct but don't mix those games with american soulless garbage

Attached: Tw3_journal_radovid.png (654x727, 501K)

the witcher is one of the most boring games ever made

why are eurofaggots always so obsessed?

Attached: stfu8.png (500x334, 326K)

>Sekiro
>RE2
>DMC5
>Astral Chain
And the GOTY will go to walk for an hour, watch for an hour Death Stranding.

Attached: 1546744459630.jpg (836x543, 170K)

Fuck off rockstarfag

Attached: v.png (1744x1030, 1.56M)

Prey shits on both of those, though.

Metro was actually decent though. It was like the closest you could get to a modern STALKER. Also I'm pretty sure the developers are from Eastern Europe or something, so i don't know if that really counts

Attached: don.jpg (772x768, 111K)

>Whats wrong with Metro
Cinematic corridor FPS that is just a Call of Duty wannabe. It has none of the personality of say, Stalker.

KH3 lmao get that shit off of there.

What do you mean you don't like walk simulators?

>KH3 in there

Attached: Kingdom Hearts III.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>being given more options as a player is always a good thing.
Not really the game is more likely to lose focus then and as a result the gameplay suffers for it. Basically what this user said.

>Star Wars Jedi
>Call of Duty Modern reboot
>Borderlands 3
>Gears 5
>Ghost Recon Breakpoint
HOW?

Attached: hbgtfsgfsn.gif (446x251, 726K)

>Metro was actually decent though. It was like the closest you could get to a modern STALKER.
I wish people would stop spreading this false narrative. Metro is NOTHING like Stalker. It might as well be western for how by the numbers it is.

Attached: 1544127765560.gif (320x287, 982K)

MK11 is one of the best game in the series, one of the best fighting games of this gen, and is the best selling game this year so far.
It's funny how you forgot the worst Japanese games this year like Left Alive, Jump Force, and that shitty Kill La Kill game. Even the worst western games arent and bad as the awful trash Japan releases.

Attached: 220px-Left_Alive_cover_art-1.jpg (220x277, 22K)

>Metro is NOTHING like Stalker. It might as well be western for how by the numbers it is.
That first area in exodus did remind me somewhat of STALKER though, but I do agree it got more generic as it went on.

> West
1-2 Pretty good games. Real gems in the indie section.
> East
1-2 Really good games. No indie market.

Why not both?

KH3 is honestly worse than all of those.

>1-2 Pretty good games. Real gems in the indie section.
This is very true. Japanese AAA games are the best, and Western AAA games are mostly shit. However, the West shines with indies, there's some seriously good shit in there like Outer Wilds this year.

Attached: 1548628505671.png (432x454, 332K)

Yeah Outer Wilds, the GotY

Attached: outerwilds.jpg (500x688, 412K)

Don't exaggerate to look "cool."

Then why isn't Sekiro better than any Dark Souls?

It's a shame about the Epic shit though. I wish more people would play it. If you're interested in this game and you have an Epic hate boner, please just pirate it. It's one of the most inventive games I've ever played and is super good.

Attached: 1554488199256.jpg (522x630, 80K)

MK11 is selling though

It's also on Xbox, isn't it?

>rougelite
>inventive

Cant defend all of those games, but
>Gears gameplay is great even if you dont care for the campaign
>MW reboot looks to be the best CoD game since BO1
>BL3 fuels my loot shooter autism without the awful grinding and always online shit that Destiny and The Division have
Still on the fence with Jedi because I love Respawn

I started to fight Red Eyes Ashina Elite yesterday. Is just beautiful fight. Is just perfection.

>Both 2D animation and video games in the west have dropped massively in quality over the last 10-20 years

Is my country dying bros? It's not fair.

Attached: sad d.png (251x231, 40K)

>2004 game with paid online, streamers and zoomers
so this...is the power...of the west...woah....

Attached: 1566179570726.jpg (750x751, 230K)

Why do you think Russia is part of the west?

Attached: 1496700703634.gif (372x302, 2M)

Assuming USA, yes. You're Brazil 2 now.

>MK11 is the best selling game this year so far
I actually can't believe a fucking fighting game sold more than the likes of RE2.
Shows how important brand recognition is. The average playtime of every owner is probably less than 30 minutes judging by how many normaltards bought it.

No idea cause you've shit taste i don't know that's your opinion and i can't read your mind. Sekino shits all over DaS when it comes to combat and bosses but i think DaS have better level design.

Yup

>a fucking fighting game
Fighting games are pretty popular pham.

Lets not be silly now.

NPCs are real.

no they aren't. MK11 on steam didn't even breach 35k players, meanwhile TF2 a 12 year old game has 50k on the daily
this means that MK11 sold insane numbers on ps4

AAA Western games are totally dead. They're not even worth pirating, what the fuck were they thinking?

>Sekiro was a total dumpster fir-

Attached: Sekiro Duel.webm (1024x576, 2.87M)

>adding DLC
I bet you think Shadowbringers is also "GOTY material"

Not a single good game in that pic.

The only good game so far is Fire Emblem

RE2 and FE3H are the only game on your list that aren't complete trash. You have abhorrent taste

You haven't played it and your opinion can be safely ignored.

Fire Emblem is trash. Fuck off with your meme game series.

Wow... simply, epic.

still better than any western game

>It's another chink worshipping bait thread
saged

youre a fag

>NPC emblem
don't you have a /vg/ general to spam your "waifu" in faggot?

How does this contradict my point at all?

Both sides are shit.

Cause western games sure have been great lately, right? NPC.

>reverse nictibian cut
>then, whirlwind slash

How?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-11 21-29-05.png (476x362, 181K)

Nah, KH3 is legitimately one of the worst games ever made.

Sekiro was fucking SHIT. Metro: Exodus was great, but too short.

Just look at DBFZ, it was one of the best selling game of that year, but it lost its 80% of its population after a week or so. Fighting games dont have that big of a lasting appeal to most people.
>but TF2
That game one of the most accessible FPS on steam and it's not like you can play it on other platforms, well at least not the latest patch of it.

>cherrypicked fight

Metro is good. and RE2 remake is good. Those are the only good games on that list.

And not focusing on making their games fun to actually play like other than indie shit I play Western stuff at this point beyond shit like DOOM or something

You sound like you suck and really just mad at your own ineptitude.

Attached: 1565361973289.jpg (212x238, 9K)

FUCKING THIS. it's got all the makings of a potentially great game trapped in a bland as all hell open world

Attached: big_1514707441_image.jpg (1280x530, 50K)

Git gud, faggot. Sekiro was my first From game and I beat it

and all the trailers screamed "We want the Borderlands audience"

Prey is fucking trash

Attached: mMHhwUw67FsVVD5NnkLKzC.jpg (610x347, 56K)

holy shit

Attached: react.jpg (596x380, 41K)

Why does this game trigger Yea Forums so much? It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was still pretty good. Light years ahead of Dark Souls 3, at the very least.

Attached: 506761-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-playstation-4-front-cover.png.jpg (800x800, 72K)

More options is always a good thing, but lack thereof is not always a detriment to the game itself. A game can be 10/10 with little playstyle variety and not lose points, but a more mediocre game CAN gain points got customization, like DS2

There's no cultural differences between eastern Europe and western Europe/ North America when it comes to video games, there is between Europe/NA and Japan tho

>Prey shits on both of those, though.

the first one or the 2017 one?

It's the only boss in the game where it gives you an intentionally overpowered NPC who can't die.

Barry LOVES to spam this cherrypicked moment and claims that all the bosses are like that.

>Ukraine is Russia

Attached: bait.png (680x1147, 1.1M)

Sekiro, DMC5 and RE2 might as well be western

>one of the best fighting games of this gen

Attached: 1547675824229.gif (200x200, 699K)

>MK11 has outsold Anthem, FC New Day, MK11 and Metro Exodus combined
Yeah right

3/4 of the games on your "East" side are heavily influenced by the Western games so that they are better to be called Western games.

>Fire Emblemfag
>thinks he has an opinion worth sharing