This was actually pretty good

this was actually pretty good

Attached: 3170692-ffxv.jpg (960x960, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nbxYJ517I4c&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=dqPxDYdbgoc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree but I went in with no expectations.

No its not and i'm aware i will awaken Barry army by doing so.

It's decent, but could have been amazing.
It had an insane amount of potential.

I ignored the hype and bought it and enjoyed it. Played it again a year later on PC and was more enjoyable due to the patches, QoL fixes and the DLC stories. The game was in early access on launch then again most AAA games are.

It's not a great game, not even a great final fantasy, but between the open world and party banter it's pretty damn comfy. The type of game you play late at night while sipping a beer.

If it were then why did it need humongous amounts of renovation after the game was out? The Royal Edition was a completely new experience compared to Day 1 release.

test

the patches definitely helped alot. My biggest issues besides the character design were with the way the story was told and the magic system. How are we supposed to feel the weight of the destruction insomnia and the death of the king if we've never even set foot in the city or met any of the characters? I'd fix it by having the game start with Noctis and Lunafreya's wedding but have it be held in Insomnia, let the player run around and do some quests in the city get acquainted with it and its characters, and then before the two of them say their vows have the empire invade and fuck everything up.

Was the novel good? Was Episode Luna good? Along with Episode Aranea should it have been the dlcs that were released? Im legit curious about this and I really loved Luna shame with the lack of moments with her.

1st half of the game was good, 2nd half sucked. Game is a lot better too once you get the mod for offroad and full contol of the car.

Noctis DLC lmao

>DLC stories
Retarded faggot.

The other DLC were cancelled.

>Comfy
Dude cup noodles

It was decent but after XIII I had literally zero expectations for any new FF so that helped.

It was pretty fucking awful, I pirated it and finished it and all the DLC, watched the anime, read the novels, and I regret everything.

that and the coleman camp gear was really fucking weird. At least the cup noodle quest seemed like they were kind of self aware about how stupid the product placement was. Still doesn't make it right though.

Final Fantasy XV is better than VI and VII, prove me wrong.

call me a fag, but by the end of the game I actually felt a bond with the party. They were your niggas through and through

youtube.com/watch?v=nbxYJ517I4c&t=8s
Although it ruins the original ending for some people I really hate that they cancelled this and made a novel instead, sounds epic.

It’s hold O to win until the post game hunts. That was my biggest gripe besides the inane way they decided to tell the story

>it's not bad it's "comfy"

fuck off

Mediocre disappointment.

It was so bad I never bought any DLCs or went back when any big free updates came out
>b-b-b-but you can play as the other characters
Oh boy, I can't wait to Hold O while playing as someone else. NOT

>Was Episode Luna good? Along with Episode Aranea should it have been the dlcs that were released?
those got cancelled on the same day Tabata announced that he was no longer with Square Enix

Attached: 1541650114310.jpg (1399x2029, 850K)

Any other game with great bro friendship like FFXV?

I read the novel and the game would be a lot better if they included that stuff in the base game. Even as a dlc would be fine now. It would put this game for me from a 5/10 to a 8/10

>that pic

youtube.com/watch?v=dqPxDYdbgoc

xenoblade chronicles

You can't press one button to beat the game in VI and VII.

No it wasn't.

I enjoyed my first time through the game but then i looked back and saw how simple the gameplay was and how bad the story was

No, it was actually pretty shit. In fact, it was the worst Final Fantasy entry I have played. I enjoyed 13's characters, story and game play more. And that is a fucking accomplishment. Fuck you and fuck this game.

>had to look back to see it

Attached: 1566176536203.jpg (474x354, 35K)

Who pissed in your cereal this morning bucknuts?

>if we've never even set foot in the city or met any of the characters?
you were supposed to watch Kingsglaive before playing.

your mom

I liked it too but don't bother trying here for a discussion about it. Just close your thread and walk away.

>changed intro from frantic escape from city attack to a pointless flash forward to a shit boss then pushing. a. fucking. car.

pushing
a
fucking
car
to
generic
mmo
quests

I want to know if this test was successful.

Also I enjoyed FFXV.
It was fun.

fuck off back to whatever pathetic hugbox website you came from with your shit taste

Attached: 1566261980880.jpg (750x707, 451K)

Ok Barry.

that's exactly the problem, the game relies too much on secondary material to tell its story. If they told their story competently the first time then they wouldn't have to make 30 fucking movies to make things coherent.

I absolutely love this game with 120 hours on one file but there is no way I would call it good. Combat, story, dungeons, and exploration are all pretty bad, so I'd say it fails as an RPG.

oh no you got me hahah

Yeah, I think i blinded myself to it since i was always hoping it would be amazing ever since the versus trailer so many years ago.

Only after did i actually look at it objectively and stop trying to convince myself it was anything but bad

Didn't this have loads of problems at launch and also received DLC episodes just so you can learn more about the other characters and the game's story?
Wasn't this suppose to be a complete game at launch?
Wouldn't this have been much better if they just made FF XV's combat and controls like KH?

Attached: 1419637592.jpg (640x640, 116K)

To those who played at launch and (especially) followed the game from before 2016, it forever will be an awful and irredeemable waste of potential.

For those who got the Royal Edition I suppose it could be an average or even slightly above that game.

the novel hasnt even been translated theres only summaries
everyone who read it said it sounded like a fanfiction
especially episode luna
episode aranea wouldve been good though

only if you played it the first time a year after release
i did and i thought it was a lot of fun but it definitely shows a lack of development towards the end

Maybe go read a book or something, obviously video games aren't for you.

Shut the hell up faggot lol.

This seems the most accurate answer

This!

eat a dick nigga

POCKET

No it wasn’t Barry

>pretty good
You can only think that if you have some sort of minor autism where you enjoy doing the same thing over and over again. The game has like 6 hours of story, the rest is wasting time driving through the open world and doing the hunts.
It's fine if that is your cup of tea, but it's fucking stupid to waste money on such a thing for a single player when there are tons of f2p korean grinders that give you the except same thing.

Conceptually, driving around with yours bros and fighting monsters and shit was some of the best bits of the game. If it had been more of that and less of the absurd story we got it might have been pretty good.

also fuck the character episodes

if by "pretty good" you mean "an unmitigated disaster and an insult to the fans," then sure.

Attached: ffxv in a nutshell.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

No it wasn't. It suffered the same fate as kh3 being in production hell with 10 years of rewrites and platform changes then getting rushed at the end to meet deadlines. It was a really, really shit game.

topkek

No. It was a fanfic that suddenly made Bahamut evil.

Definitely wasn’t as painful to play through as IX was with Garnet’s stupid actions, She quite literally goes back and hands her entire selection of eidolons to her mother after all the hard work Tantalus did to get her ass out of the kingdom. In the end Garnet is the one responsible for giving her mother magic nuclear weaponry that annihilated two countries, seriously hurt Lindblum and then Alexandria itself killing god knows how many people.

But hey, we're talking about a game where a war criminal is never confronted about the shit she did and is left to stay as an unbeatable mary sue.

KH3 wasn’t that bad, and it’s getting a huge update with ReMind.

I loved it. Warts and all. Versus XIII would have been awesome, and I still want a game like that, but XV was a gentle and warm game.
I sunk over 200 hours into it.
Comfy and soul.

No. Don't. This is the exact same trap the XVfags fell into. Do not let Square get away with this garbage.

Stop being a drama queen.

Stop being a complacent pole smoker.

No it absolutely was not lmfao

>No U

ffxvs ifrit is one of the best final fantasy bosses if not the best you little pecker

Holding O against a big guy is a good fight?

Is the "Royal Edition" included in the Windows Edition?

Yes.

Ok again Barry.

I’ve played every final fantasy up to XIII and then I vowed never to play any new ones after that giant pile of dogshit

It wasnt good. if you keep praising and buying bad games developers will keep on making them.

wasn't it revealed that kuja was manipulating the queen the whole time? the point was that even for totally corrupt bad guys there is always a reason, even kuja was being manipulated

ya