Attached: ZOE1.jpg (640x904, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vdznoXlO5s0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bruh

bruh

Underappreciated game.

JEHUTY DAY

>that feel when you managed to protect all the civilians and ADA gives you that verbal pat on the back

Attached: 48.png (353x606, 9K)

First game was pretty repetitive. Also short. Cool idea for a game though. And then ZOE2 comes and blows it out of the water.

Not a bad game--somewhat short, and not all of the mechanics are fully thought out (sub-weapons feel like an after thought) but as a prototype for ZOE2 it serves its purpose--I kind of like the city/space station vibes in it that aren't present in ZOE2, but 2 is far and away better
Konami should've ported it over the same time they did MARS

I don't like how Konami didn't put it in the other ZoE 2 re-releases.

JEHUTY

Underappreciated action game series, if you can call 2 games a series. Gets dragged down by:

>Both games are too short
>Some truly atrocious voice acting
>The characters not being nearly as interesting as the art design

Bought this game solely for the MGS2 demo and was pleasantly surprised with both. First PS2 game i ever bought so i played the shit of the first one. Been hoping that the HD collection goes on sale so i can play them again. I still have both my PS2 copies but crisp graphics would be nice, plus my copy of 1 can't load saved games which is truly bizarre.

Attached: Approved.webm (900x506, 1.3M)

I know, call me Genius Runner.

The popular opinion around here is to praise 2 while shitting on 1 cause apparently all you need is a badass one dimensional MC and lots of explosions to content people here.

Don't get me wrong, 2 improved a lot regarding gameplay and length, but story wise 1 was really something special, it was really touching seeing the relationship between the MC and ADA grow while knowing it was going to end abruptly eventually, which it did.

Instead of 2 only amounting to MUH NOHMAN MUH VENGEANCE from beginning to end.

First game was basically pic related with cool mech fighting and beautiful music, and I love it for it.

Attached: 45.jpg (590x251, 30K)

Any other games where the end boss is unbeatable?

Attached: Anubis.jpg (2000x1606, 341K)

I remember this. Paying full price for a MGS2 demo was a little steep.

I liked it.

Attached: sen-final.png (853x437, 836K)

Zone of the Enders 2 is probably one of the best games ive played in a while, it made me dust off my ps2

I replayed it some time ago. It's good for what it is. I also found the game to be extremely atmospheric. Something about it all taking place in one night and those crispy PS2 graphics. Music is great as well.

JEHUTY IN 1080P

I played the fuck out of ZOE2
That game was weird because it was like one of the only games I know where the hard difficulty is actually easier than normal

You can get it for steam now I think

I hate that they turned Anubis into some lanklet for the final fight.

How so?

Leo was a little annoying bitch. Great game though apart from him.

I'm not really sure but I have a theory.
I recall enemies and bosses dying a lot quicker in hard mode and I think it might be because, even though enemies do more damage, so do you. So if you're just pretty good at the game , especially after playing on normal, it becomes a breeze.

>That ZOE2 level during the sandstorm where all of your allies were announced dead 1 by 1

I don't remember any of this. Are you just making this up or what?

DINGO PLEASE USE GEYSER ON THE DAMAGED LEVS

Attached: Geyser.jpg (1021x575, 96K)

Decent, but has plenty of issues. 2nd Runner is a lot better.

No
I was shocked how easy hard was compared to normal. But it was years ago I don't remember the details

Now i remember how the missiles looked cool as shit but were utterly broken and made the second game a joke.

One of my favorite games actually. Childhood is getting mad at Kojimbo for what he did to MGS. Adulthood is understanding that his true crime was letting ZOE3 never get the chance it deserved. I was like "fuck yeah, current gen actual graphics with ZOE's gameplay, but updated!" But clearly, we are all just here to suffer.

You are just misremembering getting good at the game. At least i hope that's it.

>Kojima
>ZOE

>Not meleeing and zero shifting to everything you possibly can while throwing in grabs and throws for variety, and only deviating to use vector cannon just for the overkill factor

You played the game wrong tee bee aych.

I'm aware, but you know as well as I do that his name was the selling point. Sadly, even that wasn't enough at that time.

You're supposed to save them dweebus.

ZOE3 when?

I hope Platinum gets the rights with Konami.

I like it but why is this not on steam while 2 is?

>I hope Platinum...

Attached: good ol days.jpg (540x600, 26K)

It's basically a meme, but people haven't noticed yet. Apparently Platinum is the only group that can make an action game. I'll give it to them though, I can't think of anybody that does it better than them and the DMC team.

I just told you i couldn't bring myself to use the missiles because they broke the game.

>I can't think of anybody that does it better than them and the DMC team.

Maybe you should play more than 2 action games then.

It's not a meme if you say it unironically. Thinking that Platinum is some sort of cuhrayzee seal of quality really just showcases how new someone is to the genre.

Attached: Seething.jpg (1244x700, 104K)

Well, my reading comprehension may not be the greatest, but I recall you said that it "made the second game a joke". I'd assume that meant you used them to trivialize the game or something. My first playthrough was spent mostly ignoring the missles.

comfy and great

Okay, one other fucking example. Yes I've played it, yes I thought it was good, and NO, they haven't managed to make anything noteworthy recently and that's why I didn't bring them up.

HOLY FUCK THE MGS2 DEMO

i have to actually use the things to know that they are broken in the first place. I used them extensively in that huge fight in the sandstorm but maybe i was a brainlet and did not know how to heal my allies.

What's "noteworthy" and what's "recently"?

OOOoooOOOooo SUNNY NOOBA
youtube.com/watch?v=vdznoXlO5s0

I was too tunnel visioned on *teleports behinding them* to even notice that the missles were OP actually. I probably let the LEVS die the first time around too.

Zero Shift is one of the coolest moves in the genre for sure. Especially the way the game sets it up, it's truly a DBZ moment.