S _ _ L S _ _ _ _ S _

S _ _ L S _ _ _ _ S _

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-161448.jpg (1415x1690, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WSf_w73um-M
youtube.com/watch?v=KK7_Z2osF_4
jeuxvideo.com/videos/replay/1093829/medievil-sir-daniel-foresque-depoussiere-la-ps1-gamescom-2019.htm
blog.us.playstation.com/2019/08/20/medievil-new-hands-on-impressions-ps1-to-ps4-comparison-gallery/
pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/sir_dan_to_star_in_new_medievil_comic_book_from_co-creators
youtu.be/f29byTDJAkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The new one looks objectively better except for Dan's eye that looks too "cutesy"

he looks like hes pulled out from a fucking mobile game

Attached: SIR DANIEL.jpg (480x640, 63K)

looks pretty soul to me

Attached: 48579642442_286c099c0e_k.jpg (2048x1152, 272K)

It definitely lacks some of the original's charm, but I still like it.

I can only imagine what goes on in the meetings where these remakes get greenlit.
>I've got it! Instead of taking chances and making new and exciting things people could potentially love, let's remake all the games from back when we actually took chances and people loved us!

He literally looks the same except the eye

Hey, looks really really good for a mobile game.

How so? I can notice small differences. And obviously not as dark when comparing pictures.
Curious as to the reasons why the charm is lost. I agree, but I can't pin point what it is.

>Turn brightness up
>lol it's better because playstation. if on nintendo it's worse

Soulless as fuck

Prerendered will ALWAYS be more soulful than in game cinematics.

Fans have been asking for it for years, you dumbwit.

Shading and coloring mostly. The bloom also kinda isn't doing it for me. I'd prefer if it were a bit more grimmer and less colorful looking.

>game doesn't have photorealistic art style
>IT LOOKS LIKE A MOBILE GAME GUYS
Every single time

Attached: dancing_bob.gif (238x238, 507K)

>NOOOOOOOOOOO IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE DATED GARBAGE SOULLES SOULLES SOULLES

Attached: 1565224399573.png (231x218, 9K)

show me dem framerates

The PS1 library has hidden underrated gems that were limited at the time and couldn't shine due to that, they would highly benefit from a remake but no only the known ones.

Why is the lighting so bright?

It's too bright but i like it. Especially the blue eyes.

Whats that even suppose to spell you based retard

the old good new bad meme

Back to resetera with you, tranny.

youtube.com/watch?v=WSf_w73um-M
youtube.com/watch?v=KK7_Z2osF_4

Looks pretty good to me, especially since they didn't bring over any of PSP shit.

>snoy demakes
loving
every
laugh
cucks

>literally done by a mobile phone dev
I feel so sorry for snoyfags actually I do not

Attached: 1387459175391.png (400x400, 15K)

This is supposed to be our first proper look at and introduction to Dan, so in this case whilst the newer pic has a better design and shapes, it completely lacks the eerie and off-kilter atmosphere the game should be getting us acquainted with. The original pic has much higher contrast lighting + saturated colors, giving the entire scene an appropriately eerie vibe. We know this guy is our hero, but he's still grotesque

I'd have to see more of this in motion to judge, but this isn't awful. Purple is a bit of a lazy go-to color, but I really like the sense of depth here - adding the Hilltop Mausoleum in the far BG ties the game's first three levels together better than ever before, gives direction to Dan's journey, and gives the Stained Glass Demon even more emphasis since it's essentially watching you all the way

its literally what happened to hollywood, no more fresh ideas and no more good authors, only remakes and milking franchises releasing the same thing every year.
i mean, it was bound to happen eventually but its still too fast, gotta thank god there are a few original games being made every year or so but it wont last long. before 2030 every game will be a remake or another esport wannabe trying to make cash fast.

Sneedful
Simpsons

left looks great, right looks like crap compared to it

this looks fine

>completely fuck the lighting
>"lol it's okay because it has better textures"
liking new things is the new way to be contrarian

Both are soulless they are fucking skeletons.

>that dark and dingy hall of heroes
Fucking why?

The soul/soulless meme is so retarded. Basically as bad as "overrated". It's a buzzword that just means "I don't personally like this"

>Morten the Earthworm

Was he confirmed already as being added in?

Attached: 38kcr3vualh31.png (1024x498, 690K)

literally SOUL VS. SOULLESS

every.single.time.

original is dark and brooding and mood creating. remake is bright, light and happy tranny rainbows

Also here's a look at the map screen, no longer a scroll-type thing

Attached: 6tl1grtakkh31.png (1024x498, 686K)

I agree with you, but why do you have to bring in fucking trannies out of nowhere? Expand your vocabulary and stop talking in buzzwords like a mentally stunted child

the remake looks kino. Yea Forumsintendogaf would be praising it as the goty if nintendo made it.

what do you mean? it was always just moving around a prerendered map

seek help, you turbo fag

Attached: MapOfGallowmere.png (1420x1168, 1.53M)

Jason Wilson just posted some pics of the MediEvil display at E3 '97, look how comfy this is

Sure, but the original has a classical painted aesthetic that gave it an air of mystery and actually resembled a map you might use, as opposed to a 3d abstract representation of one

Attached: ECayVBfUEAU0yt0.jpg (1200x900, 201K)

Doesn't really look like a PS4 game.

It could look so much better if they just fix the lighting. I mean, the animations and models are still too silly and cartoony, but still.

Attached: 1371615488673.png (510x546, 21K)

>the animations and models are still too silly and cartoony
medievil has always been a silly and cartoony game, it's not rdr2. strict realism would be inappropriate for the game.

That's very clearly a 3d render, with a few details added. If you think that's painted, you have no idea what you're talking about.

dear god this place gets more fucking retarded day by day

Attached: zelot.jpg (603x531, 23K)

hire me snoy

Attached: snoy.png (1415x1690, 1.93M)

That's why I said 'painted aesthetic', spaz

Does this finally prove that "old good new bad" is actually true, and that remasters will always fail because nothing can ever possibly compete with the vague idealistic fantasy of a game retards have created in their head, and are determined are inherently infused into low res textures and low poly graphics? Something they are unable to actually explain with real words, so they have to use "soul" because it's so vague and wide-reaching basically everybody can attach something to it?

Attached: 140717.jpg (1024x768, 47K)

What the fuck is a "painted aesthetic" in a 3d render using virtually no textures? Is it brush strokes? Colour blending? It looks like a plain 90s 3d render. you have zero idea what you're talking about.

who else was a poorfag kid and only ever played the demo

>S _ _ L S _ _ _ _ S _
SnoL SgameS ?

those far hills look shit

This game was so fucking great holy shit.

>from back when we actually took chances
This never actually happened. Companies have always followed the money. or they folded.

You don't think it looks like an oil painting, even slightly? The flatness, fine detail and soft brush-like textures that form the mountains and greenery are what give me that impression, but clearly we disagree here.

Where's the grit and grime? They're making too akin to Disney.

Its getting a prequel comic from the original creators

those mountains and trees are just 3d renders with a very basic 90s bump map on them to create texture. I love the game but there's nothing special about this bit.

Attached: jpg.jpg (497x513, 59K)

Fuck you dude. The remake actually looks great and it runs at 60fps unlike the Crash and Spyro remakes.

No

Yeah fair enough, I can see that now. Maybe rose-tinted specs are blinding me

is the second one in the remaster or just the first one?
because $30 for a game you finish in 2 hours is a little too much

it doesn't mean the game isn't good and I love that world map. It just confuses me when summa you guys fetishize arbitrary elements of design as being somehow genius

>that first video
Are modern devs that fucking lost or are they jerking off the game for advertising purposes?

Yes.

Footage
jeuxvideo.com/videos/replay/1093829/medievil-sir-daniel-foresque-depoussiere-la-ps1-gamescom-2019.htm
Framerate looks a lot better

um no, see it's made by sony so it's okay

Original = Burtonesque cartoony mixed with creepy style
Remake = just cartoony mobile game shit

Attached: zarok.png (802x892, 1.04M)

God this game still creeps me out

>new technology actually allows for proper lighting so they dont have to paint the textures themselves anymore
>faggots rage about soulless because they have no clue what theyre talking about
everytime

What does that make Resurrection?

Idk what it is about it but wasn't the first game actually supposed to be legitimately scary at parts? When I first played it the only thing that stood out as childish was Dan's dialogue. Also everything looks too bright and saturated, the first game had general tone of being
>dark
>moody
>grimy
>threatening
and the only reason it stood out as a kids game were SOME character designs including Dan's, and Dan's dialogue but the threats were treated seriously.

Rightfully forgotten

Just compare the zombie from the intro. They clearly wanted it to be more kid-friendly

Attached: medievil zombie.png (606x777, 629K)

Medievil? nah, mediocre

It's a mobile game developer, what did you expect?

I wish the FFVIII got that kinda remaster instead its highlight features are just a bunch of cheats for lazy fags added.

designed for CTR vs designed for LED

Any Faguettes on hand to translate?

Attached: 1531192602123.png (500x448, 109K)

The atmosphere went away...
No more hard shadows and saturated secondary lights, everything od bright & blanc...

im so mad about this remake zombie

Looks pretty bad.

>gameplay looks exactly the same, even still relying on auto-aim for the ranged weapons
Why? Medievil wasn't some perfect masterpiece, it was a somewhat mediocre PS1 game. Why does the 2019 remake's gameplay look exactly the fucking same as a mediocre PS1 game? I loved the game to death, but come on. Why even bother at this point?

Attached: 1400481223805.png (600x452, 416K)

Because it's what Crash and Spyro did and those were successful

"SELL SOI-ASS"?
What does that even mean, OP?

Why are nincels always mad

>they kept the map screen

Based. I hated how 2 dropped it.

Why no Medievil 2?

I think it looks okay, but needs more lighting work.
The original looks super mysterious and grim, specially that eye is very unsettling but not in a bad way.

>have the OG code, complete with comments even
>working with some of the original team
>bob and barn confirmed to be back doing the soundtrack
I don't mind the game losing a bit of "soul" desu. I just wish they either remaster the sequel too or outright make a new game.

Looks pretty good.

Attached: 48579499461_0eb4f1a543_k.jpg (2048x1152, 264K)

>The original looks super mysterious and grim
It looks like a game that was limited by the shit lighting technology of the time.

Attached: 48579641582_d98ebb6557_b.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

The graphics could be way better. It looks alright but it definitely looks like Sony didn't put much of a budget behind this game.

So they should run with that stylistic setback that everyone ended up loving instead of going with bright cartoon colors that fucks up the tone of the game.

Name one remaster that doesn't get shit on by the fans. And no, remakes don't count so don't bring up Resident Evil.

Attached: 1560523566478.jpg (531x800, 195K)

>store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-NPEE00006_00-GMEDIEVILE000001

Because trannies have no taste and have only one disgusting personality trait. Btw stop being a nigger.

Attached: zVz-.jpg (473x610, 55K)

Nu Medievil is a remake, not a remaster.

Talking about the CGI look m8. Of course the original ingame grpahics dont look nearly as good.
Also I hope they REALLY dont use the "orchestrated" music made by the original music,. it was garbage and overdone.

>remakes don't count
>in a thread about a remake

Based retard

Why do remakes always fuck up the lighting?

>This PS4 remake overhauls the horror-themed visual style but retains its Tim Burton-esque personality. It rightly refuses to tinker with the original level design, yet isn’t afraid to add the occasional, but welcome, flourish. The world map has a new look, for example, while the Hall of Heroes, a hub world in which Sir Dan is bequeathed weapon upgrades from Gallowmere’s other legendary warriors, has been furnished with additional lore
>Rightly, the classic score hasn’t been tampered with. Instead, it’s been enriched. The PS4 remake replaces the orchestral synth sound of the original with the real thing, with the Danny Elfman-inspired score re-recorded by the Prague Symphony Orchestra. Overseeing its production? Composer duo Bob&Barn, who wrote and produced the original soundtrack.

blog.us.playstation.com/2019/08/20/medievil-new-hands-on-impressions-ps1-to-ps4-comparison-gallery/

t. remake dev

Is it so hard after Crash and Spyro to get it through these dense remake devs skulls that people literally just want the old game style remade how it was with better textures?

>MediEvil will make its triumphant return on the PlayStation 4 this Halloween, and alongside the oft-requested remake of the PSone cult classic will be a brand new comic book penned by series co-creators Jason Wilson and Chris Sorrell. Presented as a coloured hardback book, the graphic novel will serve as both a “prequel/sequel” to the original title, and promises “a whole new perspective on the world of Gallowmere and Sir Daniel Fortesque”.

pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/sir_dan_to_star_in_new_medievil_comic_book_from_co-creators

Attached: 1566174755827.jpg (1655x2560, 1.02M)

>shadows
>no shadows

You could always just play the original, you know? Nobodies taken your toy away from you man-children.

Attached: 1316360319372.png (327x229, 147K)

Attached: 1458693891679 (1).jpg (446x357, 19K)

>The world map has a new look, for example, while the Hall of Heroes, a hub world in which Sir Dan is bequeathed weapon upgrades from Gallowmere’s other legendary warriors, has been furnished with additional lore
>Rightly, the classic score hasn’t been tampered with. Instead, it’s been enriched. The PS4 remake replaces the orchestral synth sound of the original with the real thing, with the Danny Elfman-inspired score re-recorded by the Prague Symphony Orchestra. Overseeing its production? Composer duo Bob&Barn, who wrote and produced the original soundtrack.
More Hall of Heroes is always good desu. Also good to know the OST won't be fucked.

Considerably less known than the first one.

I wonder what Bob and Barn are going to do different this time, Resurrection already had the perfect modern version of all the original's themes

youtu.be/f29byTDJAkE

>actual orchestral OST

Attached: 1301754617933s.jpg (251x251, 13K)

> le soul
> le soulless

Please stop you underage shitter.

Dont get your hopes up. if its the one thats already made, then its not very good. its way too overdone, the original OST had this corny horror movie feeling to it, the orchestrated OST sounds too "epic"

yes

No

looked at you pic first and text read my mind.

The new one looks way too cartoony. The original game was silly, but it was surprisingly disturbing in its imagery and tone. Seems like all that is lost for the Pixar look. A shame.

Remove the eyebrows, change the lighting, and change the texture. It would do so much, with so little

BONE/BONELESS

While the new one does look better than expected so far it's still not moody enough for me but I blame the fact that it's made by Americans who don't understand bong gloomyness.

Yep its soulless. Another one bites the dust.

I think it both the artist and the increased corporatism that don't actually want to scare away potential kiddie customers.

Sponge bob remake is prime soulstorm

Attached: 1561724107014.gif (256x274, 3.26M)

Reminder that it took a twitter fan campaign just a few months to get a new Medievil remake

I think it extends beyond design problems even, the camera direction in what we've seen of the FMVs is just plain bad.

Original
>camera looks up at Zarok, establishing his position as the dominating force and that everything else is beneath him
>he takes up the entire screen, physically imposing despite his feminine/skeletal figure

New
>camera is just a medium shot looking directly at Zarok, flat and gives zero weight to his presence
>staff runs tangent with the edge of the gate, its trident not even in shot
>composition reads as an afterthought, lighting does little to inform the scene and establish a mood

>Old Dan looks like he lost his bottom jaw and the top jaw along with its teeth has decayed considerably over time

>New Dan looks like he never had a bottom jaw to begin with and, if he had flesh, he would be some kind of weird saucer-like monstrosity with teeth jutting out from the teeth holes in its face

>>New Dan looks like he never had a bottom jaw to begin with and, if he had flesh, he would be some kind of weird saucer-like monstrosity with teeth jutting out from the teeth holes in its face

You're not far off

Attached: medievilcomic2.jpg (750x989, 216K)

maybe

I mean its pretty obvious he is quite literally holding himself there.

Meh, it's too bright. I hope the final release game isn't overly bright and colourful.
A large part of the charm of the original was that despite how goofy it was with the characters and dialogue the goofiness was contrasted by the genuinely dark and spooky tone of the game's atmosphere. The levels were really quite dark and had an eerie, unsettling feel to them.

So yeah, I really hope they don't fuck that up because it was part of what made the game so unique. The PSP version for example completely dropped the ball on this and made things too bright and cartoony. Which caused the atmosphere to be lost.

the game isn't dark and brooding at all. it's 100% quirky and goofy.

if you're going to make an argument, at least make a good one.

I'd like to guess that the answer is "Seel Seeless"

Attached: 1531061057797.jpg (1320x852, 104K)

>Yea Forums: Sony makes everything too brown and realistic!
>make Medievil look more goofy and colorful
>Yea Forums: wtf why does this look cartoony? where's the realism?
Are Smash servers down?

Tim Burton movies are quirky and goofy as well, yet they manage to be pretty disturbing when they want to. The two qualities are not mutually exclusive.

>top jaw
are you a retard

How come MediEvil II never gets any love?

Attached: 51Ox93DY-nL._SX342_.jpg (342x345, 30K)

>An autist gets mad that someone refers to the upper jaw/maxilla as "top jaw"

Only on Yea Forums

Agree that the lighting needs to be darker but it looks fine as is. The original had pretty shitty graphics even for the time not including the FMV videos between levels, everything was extremely low poly and the camera was god awful at times with clunky platforming controls (Like the crash remaster where you land a jump only to fall through the geometry and die). But of course most people haven't even played the original and just compare screenshots and cry

The games were always comical and had a whimsy to them so i don't get the hate for this. It's missing that 90's grimdark art style but it looks okay to me i'll probably play it.

I mean, at least it's not as bad as the PSP remake Zombies that looked like literal cartoon characters.

But yeah, I really liked the dark atmosphere that came with the enemies looking like real threats in the original. The zombies looked like actual zombies and when I was playing the original as a kid it was even a little scary (in a fun way). I don't really see the point of making it all cutesy and kid friendly like this when you're trying to sell the game mostly to grown-ups who are nostalgic about their childhood games. Why can't they just stick as closely to the creepy original designs as possible?

Attached: zombie__medievil_resurrection__render_by_crasharki_db91woa-pre.png (944x847, 924K)

It does it's just that the first one is being remade, before the remake no one ever even discussed it.

>before the remake no one ever even discussed it.
There'd be some threads around Halloween time but aside from that, yeah, MediEvil threads were quite rare but still comfy.

They should've remade both games.

That's not lighting that's draw distance.

>ITS OKAY WHEN
..wait... sony bros... whats going on...

Nah, Yea Forums has long had a closet love for MediEvil, not unlike Ghost Trick but not quite that unanimous either.

its time to grow up actually, also have sex

Those threads didn't last long sadly, but they were good

Yeah, well said. A lot of people get really superficial in their complaints but NOT because they don't know something more then that is wrong, but rather they don't know the words or quite how to express the feeling that things are "off", so they think about things like "grittyness". But shot and composition (including lighting) is absolutely huge, even the best modeling and effects and biggest budgets can't make up for not having actual good direction. It's a shame in part because it's such a fucking waste, having someone competent framing shots and giving the right feel can do so much absolutely for free, it costs no extra money to place the virtual camera differently, it just takes skill.

>He says while posting on a video game discussion forum on the topic of a 20 year old childrens game remake
real grown up of you faggot.

I mean, it IS a 20-year old game that you can get through in 5-6 hours? It's no wonder that the threads end up dying, there's only that much you can talk about. Still, last Halloween i remember lots of 500+ post threads, so it's not like it's completely forgotten.

I'm glad Dan is back, definitely will buy the remake. My gripes are is that it isn't as dark as the first one and Zarok's design looks bad.

Are they going to remake MediEvil2 as well.

That was my favorite out of the two

I'm just glad to join in on the threads when I'm able.

As much as i hate even saying this, it probably depends on how much this one sells.

2 does deserve another chance. It did play and look better than the first, even though the first was near uniformly more charming.

THE GAME HAS ALWAYS BEEN WACKY

Actually I take that back. YOU"RE the only one here that's WACKY

dumbass

looks like fucking fortnite

They will probably do the sequel since it's a cheap asset flip. As for a new game, we haven't seen any of these PS1 remake franchies get a new game after their remake. I assume everyone is having a Mexican stand-off to see who tries it first, and if it actually sells.

The PSP FF ones

I swear if they make a MediEvil 3 as a launch title for PS5 i might even consider buying one at some point.

They BOTH look like they're nutting

Clearly it is still wacky and creepy

that's the only way you can make UE4 run ok, to make a simplistic cartoony game that looks like Fortnite

Wow, they sterilized the fuck out of this.

Yeah was it not any good?

It's worth a playthrough but few prefer it to the original.

Gears of War Ultimate
Halo CE: Anniversary.
Halo 2: Anniversary.

To be honest, since i tend to marathon both games every time i replay them, i just lump them together whenever i say Medievil. I should probably fix this.

Twilight Princess HD, if only because it's so barebones of one that there's little to complain about. Upressed some textures, slightly shortened the bug hunts that everyone hated, added a few little bells and whistles, and more or less called it a day.

I tried to get into the second one but something about it was off

I'm just happy they didn't base it on the PSP remake. Seeing the original glass demon again was nice.

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD

unironically yes, this demake looks like trash

you should know by now how this works, user
especially when it's a remake

WHITEWASHED

WORSE THAN THE PSP VERSION
>looks blurry
>despite being a graveyard at night in the 1500s its well lit with no shadows or darkness
>no grit or grime like the gothic asthetic of the original
>lit torches everywhere
>meme tim burton trees
>purple haze for some reason even though it would be better off dark green or just black mist

>WORSE THAN THE PSP VERSION
>no muslim imp
>actual Hall of Heroes
"No"

cope

>the original Medievil is older than many posters on Yea Forums

Attached: thinking.jpg (640x491, 39K)

medieval was made 9 years ago?

I remember going to an Electronics Boutique when I was maybe 7 and my parents buying MediEvil for me. I can't remember how it got selected, but I'm nearly certain it was on offer with this vinyl disc case I still have so my parents probably got it for the discount

Attached: ps1case.jpg (525x525, 31K)

A lot of the time it just means they fucked up the lighting or color and it is pretty damaging to the over-all look and atmosphere of the game.

Attached: What the fuck is this shit nintendo.jpg (1079x358, 115K)

SOUL SOULEST

>faggot
oh the irony just perfect :)

Thanks Doc

I feel the need to point out that you wrote S _ _ _ _ _ S_ wrong, you illiterate.

Starcraft: Remastered

Bioshock Remaster

>Bioshock Remaster
I've literally only ever read bad things about it.

why does every remake have that ugly way too bright nu-blizzard inspired look?

Just replay the PS1 version bros

Works great for me.

The only think they remastered were the bugs.
It also ran like absolute shit on release and they removed the originals from sale.
I left bad reviews myself because of that.

I can let everything pass but the lighting.
Please god let them fix that before release.

this board has the worst fucking memes
>XD OLD SOUL NEW SOULLESS