Metroid Prime 4

Screencap this post. I'm 100% SURE the fans who cried for a new Metroid game will not buy this game when it comes out. It will sell like shit like the other Metroid games and Nintendo will stop making new Metroid games.

Same as Mega Man 11. The sales were embarrassing for that game despite fans crying for a new Mega Man game.

Attached: Metroid Prime 4.jpg (850x479, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bI3Owpze3CY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mega Man 11 came extremely close to being the fifth Mega Man game to sell over 1 million copies and may still do it yet, you retard

I never bought a metroid game since prime 3
i played like an hour and a half of other M at a friend's place and it sucked
I played AM2R because it was free
I played samus returns because it was a gift (so was the 3ds, i have since sold both)
i never played federation farce and don't plan to
i don't think i'll buy prime 4. if it came out like 10 years ago maybe i would've. other priorities in life now. like posting here. much more important than playing videogames.

Plus it launched in the same month as AC Odyssey and Red Dead 2

Prime 4 has the advantage of being a meme. It's Metroid 5 that's going to flop.

I will buy it, but I'll tell you right now, I hate scanning shit. I feel compelled to look at every corner of the room, floors and ceiling included, before I can leave a room, so I don't miss a precious log entry. It's also not fun to have to whip out my scanner whenever I encounter a boss.

I wanted Metroid 5, not another Prime schlock.

>Same as Mega Man 11. The sales were embarrassing for that game
What are you talking about?

They should never make Metroid Prime 4.
The Metroid-series is too bogged down with dumb lore and history at this point, they should just make a FPA game and call it Metroid and have a reboot or re-imagining of the series.
Like comics do.

Just make a Metroid FPA game with enviorments similar to Super, add in some cool mechanics and upgrades and make it feel like you are alone against all fauna and flora.
Forget the chronology, forget the lore. Just give it the BOTW treatment.

If it gets a 90+ metacritic score nintendo will keep it around just for show.
Same as with stuff like bayonetta and metroid after snes and before other m.

>I will buy it, but I'll tell you right now, I hate scanning shit. I feel compelled to look at every corner of the room, floors and ceiling included, before I can leave a room, so I don't miss a precious log entry. It's also not fun to have to whip out my scanner whenever I encounter a boss.
same
i get scan anxiety
and always fucking freak out because of shit like the ice shriekbat that's only available in like 2 rooms and you have to scan it right away or else it suicides into you within 2 seconds and you never have a chance to scan it the rest of the game
so it severely dampens my experience
i think it would automatically add it to a logbook entry when you kill it, like the new doom does
and instead of scanning + reading it will probably be like audio logs or it will have it voiced to you or scroll while you walk away. to not break the gameplay flow.
MP is far too slow for today's market. It will flop horrendously unless it's darksoulsified and dumbed down, or is a VR title, or some other gimmick.
>Just make a Metroid FPA game with enviorments similar to Super, add in some cool mechanics and upgrades and make it feel like you are alone against all fauna and flora.
>Forget the chronology, forget the lore. Just give it the BOTW treatment.
That literally is prime 1. Like. Prime 1 is literally just a 3D translation of super. Very obvious.

Fuck that, 2D Metroid is kino

Don’t care, I will buy it so that’s enough for me

It will become the bloodborne of the switch where no one buys it or plays it but it gets used as shitpost bait for metacritic score and stuff.

>Prime 1 is literally just a 3D translation of super. Very obvious.
too different environments. it needs to feel like ripley on board the nostromo being hunted by a xenomorph.

metroid prime has always been shit
people wanted a 2D metroid
a real one, not some chinese mobile dev game shat out in a panic in a couple months

magmoor caverns even has the same fucking music as lower norfair did in super

there's no ice world in super, no aztec like tomb, no radioactive mushroom place.
I love Metroid Prime but it feels more towards a Zelda or Rare game in terms of environments. It has some throwbacks here and there, I don't want an exact copy.
Also if it gets to that, good just make a game like Prime 1 again but don't have it be a part of the stupid lore or chronology.

I agree that they should just let the Prime trilogy be its own thing, and start fresh with no story baggage. I'd love this, but storyfags gonna storyfag.

Maybe you should want better taste instead

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 76K)

I hope it doesnt suck balls like Prime 3.

DONT FORCE MOTION CONTROLLERS NINTENDO

Please give us Pro-controller/Gc controller compatibility too, so we have OPTIONS

I really hope is more like Prime 2 (GC Version) than any other game in the series, it had the perfect dificulty (the gc one) and just the right balance between gameplay and story, text and subtext, also i dont want the generic rock/ice/magma/water *separated* zones, the enviromental change between zones needs to be more natural, like a gradient, not like separate levels, if that makes sense.

Now, if you give me a high velocity mecha fight on space (Something something Virtual On: Oratorio tangram style battle) I will buy even the "premium/deluxe" version of the game/console bundle.

youtube.com/watch?v=bI3Owpze3CY

>implying

If anything it should be based on Prime 1. Prime 2 added a lot of barriers like colored doors for late game expansions and translator walls, effectively making it a worse Metroid game.
And don't forget the temple keys that you can't even get before reaching the endgame, unlike Prime 1's artifacts.
Prime 4 should have
>World design from Prime 1 (but bigger)
>Prime 2/3's aesthetics
>well-adjusted difficulty (Prime 2 normal, Prime 3 hyper mode)
>optional waggle (although I really prefer the GC controls)

I'll buy it at midnight if possible.

Attached: 1548216286501.jpg (1654x928, 469K)

Its not coming out so you have nothing to worry about. Its still nothing but a logo. They only announced this shit so people would buy a switch.

This exactly. Prime 4 is going to be the huge word of mouth title that everyone buys because it's what everyone is talking about and game journalists praise as the greatest game of all time just because it's been anticipated for so long

>World design from Prime 1 (but bigger)
Not for me, i need a more natural gradient between zones, Prime 2 did it better, but this time it needs to be 10x better, its a 2020+ game after all.
>Prime 2/3's aesthetics
Sure
>well-adjusted difficulty (Prime 2 normal, Prime 3 hyper mode)
THIS. Also add a Hard mode already unlocked without beating the game that is not just a "hit less, deal more" but that changes up the Ai of the opponents.
>optional waggle (although I really prefer the GC controls)
Sure, im all in for options. As long as its not designed around waggle, but it feels natural no matter if you choose traditional controls or not

Also they need to give us the option to create/combine/stack beams as we wish, with custom asignation, so not only we can change them with the D-pad like the GC, but we can choose 4 combinations at the time, or even 8 custom choices, press L1 and you get your other 4 custom choices. (without counting the missile/beam combos) And some (not all of course) of these beams needs to be with expendable ammo like prime 2.

>Same as Mega Man 11. The sales were embarrassing for that game despite fans crying for a new Mega Man game.

The game actually sold very well for Mega Man standards and like mentioned above, it is close
or it already sold over 1 million copies. That alone already opens up new possibilities for new games.

>the fans who cried for a new Metroid game will not buy this game when it comes out
That's because Metroid fans are smart and waits to see if the game is actually good or not

Attached: 1565781295206.png (582x387, 551K)

It won’t sell gangbusters, but it will do as well as it always has. Game sales are made by the normalfaggots that play whatever the big streamer tells them to, and by soccer moms that buy whatever game they see advertised a lot. Most streamers will not pick up Metroid because it isn’t multiplayer and Nintendo barely advertises games, moreso with Metroid, so soccer moms will either confuse it with Halo or not even know it exists.

Attached: 42B0FB87-3EE4-4293-B369-4279E8EA293E.jpg (714x399, 96K)

/Thread

A lot of us where disappointed by Samus Returns, and didnt bothered to buy it. Thats what you should do if a product doesnt met your expectations, as much as i love Metroid, fuck "brand loyalty", this is not /vp/

They should just make a fortnite clone out of it. Shoot metroids. Get loot. Sold.

Attached: zebes.jpg (700x700, 47K)

>Same as Mega Man 11. The sales were embarrassing for that game despite fans crying for a new Mega Man game.
Megaman 11 sold pretty well though.

Daemon x machina is looking quite good, it gives me Virtual On vibes

>THIS. Also add a Hard mode already unlocked without beating the game that is not just a "hit less, deal more" but that changes up the Ai of the opponents.
I mean it's almost 2020, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. We'll probably get some kind of baby mode for newcomers because Metroid Prime is such a difficult game lmao.
>Sure, im all in for options. As long as its not designed around waggle, but it feels natural no matter if you choose traditional controls or not
You gotta be able to play it on the go, and since the majority of Switch owners apparently use their Switch as a handheld, I don't think they will design it around the waggle.
I wonder if they will let you choose between free aim with the right stick and oldschool lock-on. I'd definitely prefer the latter 2bh.

Beam stacking is a great idea. I always liked the ammo system from Prime 2. They should also try to implement some new upgrades but make them more useful than the Echo and Dark Visors.

Could not give a fuck about Prime 4

Excited for Metroid 5 next year.

>I'm 100% SURE the fans who cried for a new Metroid game will not buy this game when it comes out.
Of course not. They will watch the first trailer with gameplay and bitch and whine about everything they changed since their precious trilogy. They will try to beg and bargain for the 'true' Retro to come back because clearly the current dev team is a shadow of the studio's former self (based on pure conjecture). They will see boogeymen of Other M influences and references anywhere they can. They will HATE the new gameplay gimmick that the story is also centered around.

You get it.

I would not be surprised if Prime 4 ends up being the highest selling game in the series. Metroid 5 is fucked because not only does it have to compete with indies, it also has to directly compete with Prime 4. Remember that Prime 4 will be portable too.

I have 3 prevalent ideas for suits ever since i played Prime 2.

>A soaring suit (ala Botw soaring, you can ride wind currents comming from craters, or dropping from something high or generating an initial impulse) it would be slim (Like the Light suit) and with higher velocity on ground, but you will deal more damage.

>A defense suit, bulkier, lets you destroy a lot of things on the ambient, much slower but with better defense.

>A custom suit with enemy parts you find by beating pirates/creatures/federation/bosses/etc.

>Metroid 5 is fucked because not only does it have to compete with indies

That's like saying SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated is going to sell like shit on Switch because Mario Odyssey is on it.

It depends entirely on the game at this point. They burned their good will when they didn't keep a close enough eye on it that Scamco gave it to their idiot division and when Nintendo found out, had to wrest it from their hands and restart it with Retro.

Oh yes great point, the exact target audiences of MM11 you fucking retard

I'll buy it day 1 no matter how much shit Yea Forums says about it.

I'll buy Prime 4 because it's a fucking Metroid Game, you daft fuck.
Yea Forums proves that no matter what board, no matter the quality or how many redditfags lurk within, OP has and always will be a raging, multi-cock-sucking faggot
Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna wait on Hollow Knight Silksong while also waiting for Metroid Prime 4.

Attached: 1565359266269.jpg (2048x1800, 291K)