11 years ago he used to be the shit

what happened to him?

Attached: the_angry_video_game_nerd_movie_still.jpg (928x523, 47K)

you grew up
his demographic didn't
he aims for the age you used to be
that age is into stupider shit
so he does stupider shit now

He ran out of content also

he married a SJW hag who took his soul

It was another time. A time of sensible chuckles and harmless humor. He's not for a world build on nihilism, cynicism and a million layers of irony.

Should have never left GameTrailers

Only so many shitty games left

SOUL vs SOULLESS

Attached: SOUL vs SOULLESS.png (1864x614, 1.14M)

No one wants to watch a washed up loser try to repeatedly try and fail to recapture the popularity he used to have without making any attempt at changing the formula as we all watch him age before our eyes. The only people still watching are either old tasteless fans who will consume whatever garbage is made by people they used to enjoy or people who just want to watch him suffer.

He got cuck'd and now his content is non-existent. I seriously stopped watching him after GT. Didn't even know he was still making videos.

he pretty much became a shitty parody of himself and he surrounded himself with obese mongoloids who infected him with their shitness

It’s incredibly hard to stay funny and relevant with the same content for 10+ years

I was never a fan of him but it seems he is still the same doing the same thing and hasn't changed at all since he started.But judging by the millions of views neither has his fanbase changed.

You can't say even say retard anymore or make dick jokes without it being transphobic so he is pretty neutered in today's political environment and all he has is poop jokes. really limiting.

honestly some of the newer ones had plenty of soul. paperboy comes to mind.

earthbound and pepsiman arent bad.
polybius was probably the best despite being such a different kind of video.
gameboy accessories was also pure kino.

most of the new ones are shit though.

I mean, how long can you just riff on bad games from snes/genesis era? Shits bound to get old at some point.

>11 years ago he used to be the shit
11 years ago you were shit

he actually moved on a bit, he did a game on dreamcast, a game on xbox, and even a ps2 game more recently, and then fucking sonic '06 which wasnt funny at all but is more recent at least. actually his most recent review is for the ps4 game life of black tiger, but everyone already knew it was shit.

The era isn't the point, the shtick is just boring at this point. It was fun when he started, a crap ton of people were copying him but the "angry nostalgic critic" thing is very old at this point. Same for the actually nostalgia critic now that I think about it.

Why can't he just make videos about game series he cares about like he did with Castlevania? I'm sure everyone would love that. What makes him think people would rather watch Gilbert Gottfried scream about the latest meme game? Does the fat guy force him to do this? I just don't get it.

he most likely ran out of passion games he can talk about. for instance, it's a bit weird he hasn't done anything about metroid yet, so my bet is he didn't play those/is not particularly fond of them

>nobody cared who i was until i put on the glasses

Attached: TGWTG.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

his videos about him being le angry man were never even good. The stuff where he's just passionately talking about games and it's pros and flaws were super comfy

This Also he's a father now but apparently she wants him to keep doing more, you can tell he can't put the same effort in as before.

he actually went bald because of his videos

He tried to break out of AVGN as a successful movie maker, but his movie bombed and he's now eternally doomed to make just youtube content he's clearly lost his passion for until the day he dies.

you can get bald just by screaming constantly over kids' movies?

I was 22 when he was new in 2004, asshole.........

Nothing. We liked him because he was the original e-celeb, but now he doesn't offer anything new. Still more likeable than most though.

No he didn't. You just stopped being a retarded child.

apparently lmao

I really hope he stops the celeb guest star episodes

They are all unwatchable

But user!
Everyone ELSE on youtube is using Makuly Cullcan too!

Speaking of which, Armake and Fat Mann were great.

I vaguely recall one of them being okay but I don't remember and I think it was pretty early on considering.

He ran out of past worth taking me back to

there aren't that many old school nintendo games to shit on

>hurr dur mr angry nerd man must always release 10/10 content otherwise he is SHIT!
I dont really give a fuck about his new videos, his old ones are so good that his legacy can never be tarnished for me. He's made a couple of decent episodes over the last couple years but I get the same enjoyment from the McKids or the Powerglove video that I don't even need new ones.

Shut up, Mike, go back to Yea Forums.

Attached: angryheartman.png (1650x888, 2.06M)

What? Modern AVGN has an order of magnitude more effort than the older ones. The older ones were just simple videos shot in his bedroom or basement, newer videos take place in other locations, have more advanced effects and editing, better lighting, prop/set jokes, and a plethora of celebrity guests (for better or worse)

I never liked his stupid rage videos. He is shit at games. I do enjoy his retrospectives and more informative episodes though. Then I just stop watching when they climax with "poo poo pee pee fuck you" shit.

kek best thing to come out of DS so far

you would enjoy the gameboy accessories video
you wouldnt like any of his newer shit other than that

I still eagerly await every new episode and oftentimes rewatch every season

His thing was nostalgia for early game systems. People are now too old to remember any of that shit

>he aims for the age you used to be
Lol

he's the only early days eceleb who's maintained a level of popularity and relevance for 15 years, leave it to this shithole to twist that into a negative

I'll check those out. Thanks. Any youtubers you know that focus on "retro" games and covers them in depth and might introduce me to new games? I need to give those everdrives some use.

check out Mike's latest videos
he's owning up to the brown bricks meme