JESUS FUCK HOW ARE THESE GAMES EVEN CONSIDERED PLAYABLE

JESUS FUCK HOW ARE THESE GAMES EVEN CONSIDERED PLAYABLE
MGS4, PW, and 5 are the only playable ones, unless you count Snake Eater 3DS. The tank controls and fixed camera angels make MGS1 and 2 impossible to play, and God forbid your playing the Twin Snakes with a GameCube controller. I can't even see any of the guards half the time, I'm playing on normal, and they spot me crawling from across the map.

Attached: 1565467541845.jpg (631x677, 373K)

Zoom zoom

>tank controls
no MGS game had tank controls.
Do you even understand what the term means?

git gud

>another bitch fit about Kojima game thread

Attached: 1330155171732.jpg (550x305, 50K)

Each screen is a puzzle. Don't play twin snakes user.
Haven't you played any older survival horror games?

>tank controls

Attached: frakes.jpg (736x717, 227K)

>camera angels
Like cupid?

I played them all on pc for the first time 3 years ago and they are all excellent games, I even played 1 on a keyboard

>Zoom zoom
Are you really going to argue that holding the face button to aim, holding the right shoulder button to go into first-person view and having BOTH sticks control the aiming, which mind you has really fucked sensitivity and acceleration, is somehow acceptable?

I haven't even mentioned the camera system, which was so atrocious Konami had to re-release the game just to fix it.

Contrast that with Splinter Cell and Thief which, despite being 20+ years old and being developed with a fraction of the budget of MGS games, have control schemes and camera systems that are no different from modern games.

Attached: 1523451916032.jpg (454x284, 36K)

Zoom on, lil' zoomer.

Jesus, I'm thirty seven years old, I just mean its hard to control the game.

>tank controls
nope

you're the kind of faggot that puts your generation to shame.

It's not

Oh, sorry your old feeble man brain can't handle learning new things. Maybe a game of checkers and a Sodey Pop would suit you better.

mgs4 is not even a game its just a movie

Attached: 1559866426469.png (299x288, 84K)

Zoomers need to get the rope

it isn't
i played MGS1 for the first time like a year ago since i never bothered with the series and was surprised to see how good the controls and camera work were, it genuinely felt more modern than a PS1 game

It's a masterpiece

boom boom

Why do people come here and post about games sucking because they're not good at them? Do they know that they're going to get called out for being inept? Is it some kind of false flag?

>tank controls

Attached: 1565279164805.gif (295x221, 613K)

And you retards will tell me that Gears of War didn't standardize controls in third person perspective games.

Same reason people come here to shit on games they have never touched, ignorance and stupidity breed shitposting

more like seven

*body of a 37 yo, brain of a 37 month old
ftfy

They're stealth games, you absolute fucking moron. They're not action games. Needing to stop and actively aim with multiple buttons when you want to shoot is vital to it actually working as a stealth game.

Stop expecting every single fucking game to play like the exact same generic third person action game.

>Splinter Cell and Thief control no different from modern games
You've never played the early entries in either of those franchises and it's clear as day.

did they stop you from enjoying GTA2 as well? sad.

i remember it being fiddly in mgs2 holding a guy up for his dogtag.

>You've never played the early entries in either of those franchises and it's clear as day.
Thief used WASD + mouselook, same as modern first-person games.
So does Splinter Cell. I never played it on console, but I heard it has dual stick controls.

Sounds like it's YOU who hasn't played these games, zoomer.

Attached: 1564623354814.jpg (443x455, 33K)

>They're stealth games, you absolute fucking moron.
How is that an argument? I don't recall Looking Glass butchering the controls of Thief to simulate the difficulty of aiming. And the protagonist in Thief is just some dude, not a super soldier like Snake is in MGS.

MGS controls are quantifiably bad. Switching to a completely different perspective is bad. Pressing two separate buttons to begin aiming is bad. Not being able to move while aiming is bad. Fucked acceleration and aiming is bad. You are intentionally ignoring all this. Yes you can get used to them. I can also get used to flying a commercial airplane. No matter how good I get at flying a commercial airplane I won't be able to do spins and turn around quickly like I could in a fighter jet because a commercial airplane is a clunky humongous piece of shit.

Attached: 1564583123152.jpg (500x359, 30K)

I replayed MGS1 a few months ago and MGS2 last week, they are still great. You are just dumb.

>Thief used WASD + mouselook, same as modern first-person games.
Surprisingly so does Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri, the game that looking glass studios put out before thief. Again, very ahead of its time. even has some stealth sections, so it's thread-relevant.
>Switching to a completely different perspective is bad
Tell that to battlezone '98 / Battlezone II.

>a clunky humongous piece of shit.
jus like ur post LMAO

Attached: 1564509508887.gif (250x173, 1.38M)

Tank controls? Please play the games before bait.

>mgs4
>game

>tank controls
?

I don’t think you even played the game.

a masterpiece of exposing game critics

Of cinema

>when a normie says "tank controls" it means "it's too hard and I wanna blame something else for it"
wow what a surprise

Attached: 1496320895451.jpg (273x355, 14K)

>Thief

Attached: 1565412754245.gif (480x238, 415K)

It's supposed to emulate the difficulty of aiming in real life i.e. git gud

>normie