What was the tipping point where politics became so intertwined with video games...

What was the tipping point where politics became so intertwined with video games? I can't just play something without having some stupid political agenda crammed down my throat. I fucking hate it. I play vidya to escape my shitty irl existence but I can't even do that anymore because I'm constantly reminded of what's happing there.
I just want to go back to being a dumb kid playing Halo and Minecraft. Where did it go so wrong?

Attached: Creepers-375x200.png (375x200, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfkBYHFZAt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

abolish the government

Thank the rampant greed of developers turning their dev studios into huge corporations who only think about the bottom line and moving the needle in the right demographics.

Inception

Based

the moment I recall everything becoming blatant was the Spore review fiasco and the team drama coming to light

It seemed like people started scrutinizing games via politics from that moment on and it just more egregious over the years

>playing Minecraft as a kid
I know it's aging by now but fuck, it came out when I was in college.

Now I want ice cream sandwich.

Play Japanese games. You can't escape politics in western mainstream video games because the people making them have an agenda and the corporations behind them thinks it's good for business to include politics.

When non-governmental organizations (NGO's) realized that videogames are a great way to reinforce behaviour / brainwash people because unlike television brainwashing where you feed false assumptions and stereotypes to the viewer, a videogame actually has the player interact, bringing it a step closer to being 'real'.

The entire point of brainwashing is to feed you false stereotypes that you internalize as truth. A good example is how in movies, cars always explode and people who get shot always go flying backwards.

Does that happen in reality? No. But a LOT of people believe it does, simply because they saw it on TV and never had any reason to question that information. They internalize it and believe it to be real and true and will expect what they've been brainwashed with to apply to reality.

What does NGOs have to do with video games?

It was 2014 and Zoe Quin decided to whore herself out, gaming would never be the same.

hell yeah dude let's play some japanese games where you can sabotage energy megacorps alongside a crossdresser with PTSD, a disabled black man, and a soon-to-be-dead sex worker.
you know, apolitical stuff!

Attached: 1559558747252.jpg (675x747, 207K)

How much fucking crack are you on?

Businesses in north america have gotten to the point where the corporations have as much sway as the governments.
Making money isn't the objective of these corporations anymore if you look at the way things like Amazon and Google make close to 0% profit.

Dig deeper friend, there are still games, developers and communities that have not yet been touched by the plague.

>shit like bad translations and censorship get defended by the woke crowd because "fuck the gamers rise up amirite"
>the offshoot forum where all the NeoGaf pedophiles decided to gather is influential enough to strong arm devs into getting what they want time and time again
>the fucking journos and pundits are more interested in getting social brownie points on twitter rather than addressing real issues like game preservation getting shafted by DRM, GaaS and now fucking game streaming

I fucking hate everyone

Attached: 579729346a2b2.jpg (840x473, 198K)

Note that all of that is comoletely incidental and never used to hammer a point home
If it were this subtle in Western games no one would have a problem with it

As much as I'd love it if the world was that simple, it's not a coordinated effort, there are no (((them))) we can destroy.
It was a gradual process of a bunch of pussies letting the loudest of people to bully them into submission. It's literally terrorism.

I think the only new releases I've genuinely had fun playing in recent years are Souls/Sekiro. I'm looking forward to MCC at least but those are also games I've already fucking played and I know 343 will fuck it up somehow. I want off this ride

>having a story or characters in a game is politics

I'll give you the environmental spiel but come on dude, you're reaching. Nothing was shoved in your face in FF7 other than "megacorp who destroys the planet is bad", which shouldn't be very controversial

The ride never ends.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

FF7 just had a generic "Maybe we should be careful about letting mega corporations abuse the environment" message.

There is no bottom to the rabbit hole.

The idea of violent direct action being the solution to climate catastrophe rather than electoralism is what I would call political.

Fuck politics let's talk about Factorio.

Attached: Dsy2Zq9XgAATxBG.jpg (1080x1080, 153K)

The flesh is weak, the future lies in the claws of machines.

that's a good one, i'll add it.
you got anything else to add?

i wish there were mods that made Minecraft resource generation similar to Factorio's. there's already automation mods up the ass, but nothing to solve the problem of not having basic materials nearby

What went wrong is at some point in your life you invested your identity in a set of political positions that were only ever put forward for the sake of contrarianism which, by design, fly in the face of human decency. The natural consequence is that you're hyper-sensitive to challenge, and "being political" basically just means being reminded that your beliefs are trash and nobody outside a pocket of autists on the internet will ever want to associate with you in person while you hold them, which in fact doesn't require any political speech and is likely to happen on a regular basis when you interact with people, whether by playing their games, reading books, or talking to them in person.
Just a guess.

If you think that's untrue you're fucking naive and probably borderline retarded

Amerikeks is about to ge CHINK’D

That's literally politics you smooth brain

It's more that young white guys are tired of being portrayed as evil despite being vidya's main demographic. In reality this shit is only creating more mass shooters by reinforcing the fact there's an agenda against them, leaving them with no way to escape from it. When you can't even play a video game without being reminded you're the bad guy it gets tiring.

Sometimes I wish I could find mint ice cream that doesn't have chocolate chips in it, sometimes a man just craves the mint on its own.

Attached: 1565692576119.jpg (669x499, 237K)

>Halo isn't political
Lol
What you mean is "Things I don't agree with"

Same. Well, just about to start college. I started playing it in Indev when it was like a Yea Forums secret. What a time.

It's political in an interesting way. Not forcing an agenda political. If anything it makes you question the government with how there's a literal shadow government who runs things due to a total intel monopoly, having even more power than HIGHCOM, and who kidnaps children to turn them into super soldiers with the original purpose of suppressing all dissent.

Liberals make everything about politics. They have no chill.

japanese devs can allow their black and LGBT characters to have flaws and be human. western devs are unable to portray them realistically, because they're under an obligation of sensitivity toward the wider political climate. in other words, all black and trans characters in western games are inherently political entities. it's much easier to believe a japanese developer is being turthful and authentic in matters of politics, rather than agenda pushing.

Everything in life is inherently political, you just became aware of it. There is no impartiality, objectivity or unbiased reporting. Everyone has an agenda whether they admit it or not.

It's more political than MOST games, give exactly what you just said. Most political bullshit in games is subtextual but in FFVII its blatant and on the nose.

By the way, corporations should be able to use as many natural resources as they want because in the end, it will be corporations that fix the scarcity problems and even colonize other planets. The free market will literally fix it. AVALANCHE is literally Antifa and are not good guys by any stretch of the imagination/retardation.

so poorly written/gary sue characters apolitical when they're white?

>complain about politics being injected into things
>turns around and injects politics into unrelated things himself

It’s a little deeper than that user, with the whole “Are humans worth saving from the planet’s point of view”, but just keep being a good conzoomer.

The 0% profit thing is so they pay barely any taxes. They stick all their earnings back into their company so they don't make any "profit" but still make boatloads of money.

Rich corporates noticed americans were retarded enough to ignore anything as long as they are distracted by identity politics.
The rest is history.

I always wonder if people are serious with posts like these

white characters are able to be more human as white people obviously aren't as politicised. that's why you can acceptably say things about white people you can't about black people. although that's rapidly changing, a white political awakening is pretty much inevitable due to demographic changes

You understand how anti-american a message like that really is, right?

Stop playing AAA games. There are tons of indie titles or games by smaller studios that are purely video games. Maybe branch out into different genre's. There are way more non-political games than there are political ones.

Whenever women started to realize that videogames made less people fight over them.
They're a fucking cancer that burrows into everything that doesn't directly benefit them.

>Thinks whites are oppressed
>Takes elite taxpayer money and gives it back to the working class instead of Israel
based

Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't agree

Immersive Engineering's mineral veins, but the infrastructure you have to build to get at them is moderately endgame.

/pol/posting and conspiracy theories are rotting your brain and making you see things that aren't really there
alternatively, stop playing shitty games
get taste and git gud and stop being a casual

Corporations won't fix shit. There will be no space colonization. It'll be an endless slide of lower wages, longer hours, increasingly overbearing and corrupt government, smaller houses, more environmental destruction to pave for an exploding population, more costly everyday items, more apathy toward other people, until the sun goes supernova and ends this fucking planet for good. The future is an entire world of Chinas.

We don't talk about real history around here, tankie.

You’re doing it wrong
Instead of playing newer and newer games, start going backwards and play older and older games
At least that’s how I do it, I barely give a fuck about new games anymore (notable exceptions for me are things like bloodstained, dmc, dark souls etc.)

Tankie? Stalin did not give a rats as about the environment. IRC there was a ecological disaster caused by him trying to turn deserts into farms.

The free market isn't a real thing that actually exists, it's a utopian ideal as inherently ridiculous as "a functioning communist nation".
Nebulous markets with invisible hands never devised by man don't fix problems, people fix problems, and it's people doing everything and anything they desire that ultimately creates problems in the first place.

>AVALANCHE is literally Antifa and are not good guys by any stretch of the imagination/retardation

AVALANCHE weren't backed by millionaire elites little different from Shinra and actually got shit done, but I see your point

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

>he thinks vidya was ever NOT political
>he thinks minecraft was just dumb kid fun and not subliminal propaganda to convince children to abandon society and live innawoods

>The future is an entire world of Chinas
Impossible, china is the only nation on earth to enslaved for 1000+ years while most can't stand it after 200.
Chinese are ants and it's the result of their ancient mongol masters and hopefully they'll realize it one day.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfkBYHFZAt8

I mean, they might not be wrong. Corporations have way too many methods of rigging the "proper" way to do things.

LET ME OUT
LET ME GO BACK
I WANT OUUUTTT

Attached: 1507962677457.png (428x456, 240K)

what fucking games are you playing where you think this is a real problem

Remember that this is the type of retard who screams about politics in video games. Kill yourself

Recettear

I'm sorry, should we just going to ignore all the casual sexism, homophobia and racism?

>should we ignore something that does not exist
yes of course, you niggerfaggot.

How do you know that it doesn't exist?

>I can't just play something without having some stupid political agenda crammed down my throat.
Just play Japanese games or research your games beforehand

FUCKING AMERICAN LIBERALS JUST MAKE ME MAD BEYOND COMPRENHENSION. JUST FUCKING START THE CIVIL WAR IN YOUR SHITHOLE SO I WONT NEED TO READ ANY MORE OF THEIR TRASH

Attached: 1565834110707.png (461x461, 165K)

>The idea of violent direct action being the solution to climate catastrophe
That's not what I remember happening. Seemed like violent action made shit worse

None of the games I have played this week had any politics in them.
>Electronic Super Joy 2
>Islanders
>Oxygen not included
>Mega Man 9
>Rising Storm 2: Vietnam (Well, that one has some but it happened 60 years ago.)

minecraft

lmao young american “conservatives” are so fucking dumb and pathetic. seriously, what a fucking joke this website has become because of literal puritan tier brainlets.

how does your retarded ass know it does exist? look outside: there's no casual sexism, racism or homoshaming, because all that shit is serious business. we need to fight casual racism, sexism and homoshaming by letting/making people be seriously racist, sexist and homoshaming, because what we have right now isn't even close to jokes.

PS: the terms homophobia and all related [queer]phobias are retarded. nobody is afraid of gays just as a racist is not afraid of the nignogs

Perish boomer. You made your bed you will die in it.

Because I see it daily, are you blind or something? Casual racsim, sexism and homophobia is rampant everywhere, it's what makes many think that hatecrimes are actually acceptable social behaviour.

Playing My Friend Pedro. Didn't see any politics in it

Pick your titles bro

Games have always had politics intertwined you fucking zoomer. You only notice it now because it's politics you disagree with.

I'm a fag and haven't been attacked for being one since literally middle school, and it was the black kids who gave me shit for it. In a red part of a shithole state too. Nobody cares.

Politics in games: somewhere between the 70s and 80s

Identity politics in games: late 2000s

>AVALANCHE weren't backed by millionaire elites
Go review FF7. They were backed. It was just the same elites because Shinra tries to play Lord of War and gives no fucks.

>What was the tipping point where politics became so intertwined with video games? I can't just play something without having some stupid political agenda crammed down my throat. I fucking hate it. I play vidya to escape my shitty irl existence but I can't even do that anymore because I'm constantly reminded of what's happing there.
I just want to go back to being a dumb kid playing Halo and Minecraft. Where did it go so wrong?

Attached: 6.jpg (1179x742, 219K)

FUCKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
YOUR BELOVED GAMES WERE POLITICAL TOO, YOU WERE JUST TOO FUCKING YOUNG AND HAREBRAINED TO NOTICE

Attached: 1519258723026.jpg (1080x1080, 60K)

not everyone is as lucky as you

When's the last time you read a book? A real one with words on it.
They were political, but they reflected the vision of their creators.
Now it's hamfisted, it's dishonest, it's for show, and it's crap.

yes, the bing bing wahhoo... how could I never see the connection?

How do you know before it reflected the vision of their creators and now its dishonest?

Guy saves the helpless girl.
It's also gender politics, just the other side.

>The author's politics are not the status quo and disagree with my own, therefore it's hamfisted

You are the big dumb.

stop playing western shit

Attached: image.png (1669x1300, 761K)

Vampire Bloodlines is a perfect example of how the political spectrum used to be nuanced but is now just humdrum lies vs bigger lies.

2014 when we lost gamergate

Don't make me call your tard wrangler, spergo

More like when you started it

Do you also complain that 99% of this video game board is politics shoved down your throat by /pol/? Or are politics fine as long as you agree with it?

iktf bro
there ARE modpacks like manufactio but it's just not the same man

The latter

Howdy

Dude, I know right? I can't even play pacman anymore. It's literally plagued with propoganda about consumerism and shit.

Attached: pacman_icon_2.jpg (250x250, 18K)

I don't care about any of this shit I just wish someone would update elemental creepers. That was one of the best mods (especially when combined with the mod that made creepers stalk you).

The color yellow is political you biggot

I would like to have lobsters in minecraft. I'd even make a new fishtank in my house for one. I think I'd name him fat henry.
Chicken nuggets would also be cool. If you could put a cooked chicken in the craftig menu and get 9 nuggets like with ingots that would be cool. You could even have golden chicken nuggers.

Attached: 15594561547722.jpg (708x540, 30K)

>addressing political issues from multiple sides, each having valid arguments
>this is my opinion on social situations and if you disagree you're a terrible human being
Try to find the difference.

Even fucking CoD wasn't just good guy vs bad guy. Even WaW. You were shown the bad and human sides of the SS/wehrmacht and the brutality of the red army. In MW2 it showed how the corrupt brass of the US army caused tens of thousands of deaths and you ended up killing americans. Nowadays all politics in vidya are just one-sided white knights vs black knights.

Oh boy, it's another
>I want politics out of my video games!
>Except, when I say "Politics", I mean gay and black people, and when I say "Video games", I mean general existence. Also I'm 12 and have absolutely no idea what "Politics" even means, outside the context of "Old men on my TV yelling at eachother about taxes, and also stock footage of the middle east"

WaW did a surprisingly good job even though it was obviously biased toward the allies. There was a really clear conflict of interest between Chernov and Reznov, and it showed especially when you were given the choice of either shooting the group of wehrmacht yourself or letting them get burnt to death with flamethrowers, with how you acted in the game affecting how we talks about you in his journal.

A very conservative religious person might object to ghosts being used cheekily. Remember China and its skeletons?

>What was the tipping point where politics became so intertwined with video games?
Dorito Pope, October 2012.
Videogames became a vessel for marketers to push their product.
Thus, it inevitably became a vessel for political activists to push their ideology, as seen in Gone Home in 2013.
This lead to pushback from the gamers in 2014, exposing links to a behavioural engineering project by DARPA, and revealing that games media are all in on the scam to push ideology.
Surprising nobody, mainstream media also supports and pushes the same ideology.
As long as there are marketers, there will be subversion.
>I play vidya to escape my shitty irl existence
You are part of the problem. Improve your IRL existence rather than consuming products and getting excited for next products.
IRL sucks because of people like you who would rather distract themselves than fight back against its subverters.

The thing is, people say "politics" but they actually mean to say "virtue signaling" and "promoting retardation". MGS, Deus Ex, FF7, Oddworld had political themes like dystopic corporations and manufactured wars. You know, stuff that's actually interesting in some sense.
Trash games today aren't really political, they're just "promoting retardation". Examples:
>Iconic series about the Italian Mafia is suddenly about Tyrone the generic black guy.
>Plastering the trans flag on a random wall for twitter points and promoting mental illness.
>Rewriting history in your game to appease blue checkmarks with onions avatars.
>Bending the knee and paying loonies $10,000 who would sooner see you drawn and quartered than ever consider you a human because of a movie reference.

Disingenuous faggots. And if you're not baiting then you're an actual retard.

>Metal Gear Solid 2
>Literally about manipulating public perception through the media for the gain of the global elite
>Both the story and the gameplay directly reflect this
This is fine.

>The Last of Us 2
>Gay people exist
>You get one (1) cutscene demonstrating this
WAAAAUGH POLITICS OUT OF MY VIDEO GAMES

Y'all need to grow the fuck up.

>Minecraft and halo
> Kid
Jesus christ, imagine being this underage

>but they actually mean to say "virtue signaling" and "promoting retardation".
You mean
>Reminding me about things outside my small perception bubble.

Either 2008 when normies got into video games because it became popular to be a "geek", or 2014 when GamerGate started.

2008 was the beginning, but 2014 was game journalists' and publishers' Vietnam, considering they keep using it as a boogeyman despite it doing nothing.

>Spore review fiasco
What happened?

>Dorito Pope, October 2012.
>Videogames became a vessel for marketers to push their product.

Oh boy have I got a fucking bridge to sell you

Attached: 220px-Yo_Noid_cover.jpg (220x300, 32K)

I was 13 when I first played in late 2009.

Reminder that a game made by someone that has political beliefs is different than a game made to spread political beliefs.

Attached: 1560189905046.jpg (960x720, 398K)

>the corporations behind them thinks it's good for business to include politics.
No, the corporations behind them are comprised of human beings who value their ideological buddies moreso than the bottom line,
and funded by (((investors))) who are happy to spend more money to push propaganda encouraging the cycle of debt slavery to persist, thus giving the investors' other investments endless interest payments which they can spend on pushing propaganda.

Attached: Vicious cycle.jpg (200x200, 11K)

>It was a gradual process of a bunch of pussies letting the loudest of people to bully them into submission.
Not so much the loudest, more the richest and those with the most influence. You're right though.

I perceive them I just don't choose to accept them for anything but what they actually are since I don't have a need for validation from freaks.

games have always caused violence. I'm glad we are finally realizing that. time to ban halo and similar games

Yeah, it just escalated the situation, and Barret admits some time later (on disc 2, when the group assigns Cid as their leader) that it wasn't the right thing to do.

>ESL

holy fucking cringe

the game wasn't anywhere close to the E3 demonstrations and got dumbed down severely in a lot of ways, it's one of the first titles that got review bombed and caused a lot of friction between game "journalists" and regular gamers

>addressing political issues from multiple sides, each having valid arguments

Half the games in that image are the most blatantly hamfisted “War bad” shit ever written and the other half is blatantly hamfisted “corporations bad”

Except deus ex. Deus Ex is both at the same time

Then why do you even bother acknowledging them in the first place, if they're not painful reminders that other people who aren't you, lead lives that aren't yours?

>there is a fanmade Yo! Noid 2
>it actually is fun

yo paranoid

Now that not every dev isn't aligned to your political views you now see that it's intertwined like everything else. Just because they were not against or on your side doesn't mean it wasn't political. It always has been and it always will.

>the offshoot forum where all the NeoGaf pedophiles decided to gather is influential enough to strong arm devs into getting what they want time and time again
RetardEra have friends in the media, both mainstream and game-related.
In the rare times when RetardEra gets their way, they have the media report on it. Any time someone tells RetardEra to fuck off, the media doesn't report on it.
It's like how the media makes you think white supremacy is causing mass shootings, while in reality gang violence causes mass shootings. The media is just very selective in reporting.

Attached: think big.gif (300x300, 892K)

It's time for you to make some action off-screen then. For the triumph of evil good men just need to sit idle.

Was the friction because journos hated the game and players loved it or the other way around?

I remember how disappointed people were that the game was not everything that was promised, but it was still a pretty fun game.

Conversely not everyone is as unlucky like you, so stop bringing the world to your problems.

the other way around, journos were shilling the game hard and thought gamers were being manchildren

>2012 was the first time marketers ever used vidya for marketing
2008 when normies got into video games

Fucking zoomers

>Le personal is the political!! XD
No you fucking moron. Far left scum got their shit kicked in during the 70s for believing something as stupid as this, and it will happen again soon.

Late 2000s.

Because the stuff you cited isn't politics, it's worldbuilding, retards that know shit about creating a story will tell you otherwise.

>Ff7 has the Shinra group
>Shinra is a descendant of a desert race people shunned by the rest of the world
>the party from ff7 neds to save the world from Shinra corp.
Is Final Fantasy 7's political message "kill all desert people, especially rich ones and all their shabbos goys" before they destroy the planet?

>black guy exists
>3 colors on a wall in one place in a game world literally the size of manhattan
>REEEEEEE POLITICS POLITICS REEEEEE

Stop being so triggered dude

Nobody minds Barret, after all, he was worthless and needed Cloud to pick up the pace in his endeavors.

Incels being obnoxious on the internet about the groups they hate being obnoxious on their media is the dumbest irony this god forsaken clown would could possibly have.

I think it’s more likely that the sensitive zoomers bitching about how the tranny flag hurt their feefees weren’t alive when FF7 came out

>incels being obnoxious

Attached: 1WU8ron.jpg (800x450, 36K)

It’s the dumbest shit. Like I get being bullied by the cool kids in the lgbt club at school because you’re a white male sucks, but then you ask for examples on how politics are killing video games and the best they have is... they saw pic related once.

Attached: 383E61E3-A323-4B45-92AD-702F9A6E6F79.jpg (960x576, 20K)

Attached: 1566229522448.jpg (624x463, 48K)

>Playing Fable: The Lost Chapters
>Wandering through Bowerstone
>There's a giant DON'T TREAD ON ME flag painted onto one of the walls.
>This is somehow supposed to not be cancerous.

Attached: 1527384076868.png (314x438, 227K)

Well sure, if it was in Fable, that would be retarded.

But if we're talking about the Spider-man game, and the pride flag in New York City, one of the small handful of places on planet earth where a pride flag would make perfect logical sense and the omission of same would leave just as many, if not more questions about the dev's political leanings

Then you're an easily triggered retard.

Attached: pride-flags-featured-new-spider-man-video-game-1.jpg (790x530, 68K)

I'd find it funny

When you american retards decided to sit out wave after wave after wave of cultural marxism pushed down your throats as generic goodpersonism and letting it to establish a cultural hegemony. 2015 was the last time you could have turned it back but you decided to whine about it and just wanted to sit it out again. So they won and the kotaku flavor of "feminist gamer culture" is the de facto norm now you have to adhere to or face getting b& off your communities and game servers. And of course they will keep pushing political shit on you, no matter how much you just want to be left out.

You deserve everything whats happening to you.

So corporate overlords can reign supreme and become the new government, uncontested by anyone that isn't a bigger corporation?
Um, no, sweetie, we're going to need to make humanity return to living like primal savages to truly get rid of those overlords.

That's not the tranny flag. That's the gay pride flag. It's not uncommon to see that in greenwich, because that place is literally aids-central in NY.

The tranny flag in Hat in Time, while funny that it was in the sewers where it belongs, was still unnecessary and immersion-breaking.

Also, if you want to go with realism, we need the residents of NY tearing down the pride flags regularly. Because that happens constantly.

Fags are 1-2% of the population.

Yeah, I am totally gonna go to a UN Meeting and cite FFVII as a reason to help the fucking Earth. Yeah sure. Wish me fucking luck.

They just got too popular, corporations will do anything to get even more people on them, so they will try to get people interested in their products by making it politically charged with their views.

What the fuck am I looking at? It looks like creepers modded to look like ice cream sandwiches. There's chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, that neapolitan shit no one likes, and mint chocolate chip.

Where do you live? I've spent 28 years in the Bible Belt and never seen/heard the slightest bit of it.

only politicians can engage in politics

>implying the concept of a corporation could exist without a government

God, a second american civil war sounds glorious. Can you imagine the sheer destruction mutts, niggers and inbred cousin-fuckers can do if let off their leashes?

People like you seem to be under the impression that the only games that exists are the only ones that have advertisements and ad campaigns ie, big studios are the only ones that make games.

>I can't just play something without having some stupid political agenda crammed down my throat
>What was the tipping point where politics became so intertwined with video games?
Apparently the point where you bought in to the outrage.

reminder

Attached: muhpol.jpg (636x662, 86K)

I don't think its really videogames that caused it, but I did have a friend that is pretty much what the other user described minus the shooter part. He became jaded from politics and started to believe the world is against white people

It was when people started thinking video games need to be some kind of message first and foremost and games second.

Is this one of those people that make 1000 tweets per month at no one in particular?

except shinra was literally draining the life force of the planet, avalanche was justified

Public Speakers and Activists can as well you fucking idiot.

That's exactly what the mod is, ice cream sandwich creepers.

Not against Politics. Just against retarded Tokenism that the left is pushing which is inherently internalised racism.

What people seem to forget is there's a strong difference between adding a minority character because you yourself consider the design of that minority character to be interesting and/or find the country/nation/thing that the minority character represents to be interesting and want to explore it and having to add that character because you want to fill a quota, doing so is literally Tokenism and the fact I haven't seen anyone call Game companies out for this proves to me that we live in a world where it's a-okay to only put a minority character because you need to and not because you want to, and you don't do any research alongside it and thus manage to turn the minority character into a living a stereotype or a mispresentation of that minority group. Tons of black activists called out this shit in the 60s and 70s but now it's suddenly okay because some white faggot says that it is? Fuck you.
Tl;dr Everyone defending and encouraging this tokenist nonsense is a fucking racist.

Attached: A coma is more comfortable.jpg (616x699, 36K)

typical leftoid argument, he just doesn't see the point of forcing faggotry in every entertainment medium

Your culture is being hijacked and leeched off of to fuel the otherwise shallow identities of actual real life communist NPCs who are legitimately offended when people say it's weird to have no inner monologue or independent thoughts

Politics ALWAYS fucking existed in videogames, it just wasn't pushed harder until 5 guys burgers and fries

name a game without

Since OP mentioned Halo, look at Sgt Johnson. Everybody loves him because he's a great fucking character, and honestly it feels like being black fits his personality and dialogue a lot better than if he were white or something else. These faggot devs need to realize people like characters because of who they are and not not because they're just a boring shoehorned minority.

lmao nigga why would you play something made after like 2014???
Save your money my man

Attached: 7e7.png (540x246, 124K)

>made after 1998

Ftfy

>But muh Tokenism!
Is a retarded argument, because the only way to avoid "Tokenism" is to either have an explicit reason for a character of color, or to have no characters of color, which is exactly what the problem is.

In order to get rid of racism entirely, we have to get rid of the idea that white people are the "default" choice for character skin color, which means having people of color in positions they wouldn't ordinarily be in, which can look a lot like "tokenism".

I've been playing minecraft for a couple of weeks and never seen a creeper like that, and I dont even know what that creeper is, is that supposed to be a trans flag or something similar? try maybe not obsessing with politics since the moment you wake up and not actively looking for retards on twitter and you'll see less politics user.

What even is "Forcing", though?
Like as has been demonstrated in this thread a thousand times, Deus Ex talking about corrupt politicians and public maniuplation is a-okay, but a a lesbian kiss in Last of Us 2 is somehow over the line.
The problem is, the standard doesn't exist. The goalposts are constantly moving depending on what the shitposter wants to shitpost about today. "Forcing" is a bad-faith argument that means nothing.

(((Kikes))) they’re destroying everything to isolate everyone and turn them into degenerate animals.

They're ice cream sandwich creepers. I couldn't think of a related image

This post is too rational. Jizzbrains on this thread won't be able to grasp the meaning.

In that case I'll refer to my first post, I've been playing mc for weeks and didnt saw anything political in it, I'm also playing Remnant from the Ashes and its just about killing demons, the other game I'm playing is WoW on a wotlk server and the only political stuff I've seen discussed is a recruitment from a guild called HONK HONK or something like that saying they don't accept SJW

Attached: 2019-08-19_13.04.26.png (1920x1027, 3.8M)

Nobody actually cares if there are gay or black or whatever characters. How many Halo players hate Sgt Johnson because he's black? The answer is probably 0, maybe a handful of /pol/ autists. It's a problem when games value sending one-sided political messages over actually being good games. Devs need to make roles for characters first and then build characters into those roles instead of
>we need a minority here here and here and we need a segment where they show this evil nazi how strong and independent they are here
Morgan Freeman was 100% right when he said the way to end racism is to just stop talking about it.

I've noticed that if you look at games that Yea Forums and /pol/ rant and rave about having major political influence you cant really find anything aside from a few anomalies. It's mostly the parent company or journalists or fans stewing up shit to find stuff to be mad at. Look at the Ion Fury bullshit and how much ANY of the controversy has to do with the actual game.
Games aren't political, they may include elements that are in the pop politics spectrum, but none of them actually deal with the topics other than base inclusion of them, which is to be expected of any piece of art honestly.

Attached: latest.png (400x400, 212K)

>the other way around, journos were shilling the game hard and thought gamers were being manchildren

reminds me of the DmC shitstorm

colors on a wall in one place in a game world literally the size of manhattan
which also corresponds to the real life location

but they already did that, even doubling it down making the "default" a "token" character, with full stereotype.

Attached: SirRoderick.jpg (500x500, 45K)

>Iconic series about the Italian Mafia is suddenly about Tyrone the generic black guy.
I'll take a Mafia being about a somalian furry with downs as long as it is half as good as the first one, the last problem of 3 was the protag

You're incorrect, you fucking imbecile. Black Activists from the 60s and 70s would disagree with you. You're encouraging the EXACT type of stereotype they've been fighting for. Harriet Glickman and Charles M Schulz both debated over the concept when the character of Franklin was created, and because they managed to figure out a solution and make an actual character, Franklin ended up being rather popular amongst readers, because guess what? They didn't just force in a black character to do stereotypical black things.
Inherently speaking. A forced black character is a literal cardboard cutout of a character with either only speaking as a generic character or speaking as a stereotypical black character. If you think that's positive in any way. Then I am sorry, you're a fucking racist. A good black character must have a personality, motivations, unique opinions, etc. A bad one literally just says "HELL YA SISTA xDDD" or embodies some kind of stereotypical black movement. You can use that as a jumping off point to develop your character and make him interesting (for instance CJ from GTASA who is an actual fucking character) or you can make that his whole fucking character and make it fucking shit (Franklin from GTAV)

I feel Sgt Johnson started out as a bit of a token character, but once sequels and expanded material focused on his characterisation, I feel they created a far more interesting black character than what he originally started off as.

Attached: Mario middle finger.png (400x394, 110K)

>Nobody actually cares
You do, clearly, otherwise we wouldn't be talking.
And Yea Forums DEFINITELY does. Any E3 trailer with a black character in any capacity whatsoever throws them into a fit.
>Morgan Freeman was 100% right when he said the way to end racism is to just stop talking about it.
You're defeating your own point by being the one to start the conversation by bitching about "tokenism"

>which means having people of color in positions they wouldn't ordinarily be in

>You're encouraging the EXACT type of stereotype
Do you ever, like, READ posts, or do you just trawl for keywords like a bot?

The problem is that italians were notoriously racist back then (and still are) but it never played into the story in a major way. It would've been interesting for tensions to rise over it until it culminated in a major event but it never did.

>being the one to start the conversation by bitching about "tokenism"
The user that started is literally not the same user as the one you're debating with.
I am the one that started it my post is here dipshit:

like 1998. Metal gear solid was all about politics.

it's forced because we don't want to be forced to look at gays or brown people kissing, never mind gay brown people

it would be fine if Ellie was kissing a white guy, but (((Naughty Dog))) had to make things political

The problem is that the game had the quality of a shovelware movie adaptation for PS2

Except you fucking idiot. You didn't read my fucking post.
You can't make a fucking black character in an interesting situation by writing them as a bland character you fucking moron. CJ, Reaper and Barret are good examples of a fish out of water character being well-written. Bad examples are shit like Grace from Wolfenstein who is written like a literal stereotype.

retarded fags on forums who don't care about games talking shit

So you agree that having black characters in all videogames is not "forced diversity"?
If we can agree that it can be "done right" then there's no reason to be arguing about every single black character in every new videogame like /pol/tards like to do. They don't care if they're actual characters, they literally believe that there's a white 'genocide' going on.

>It's *political* if I don't like it

You have to be over 18 to post here.

Tifa was a shit girl and deserves to die a thousand deaths

that's politics? looks like ice cream sandwiches to me

I think politics in games can be done well if the politics are in service of the in-universe conflicts, factions and how the state of the world affects the characters living in it in different ways and how they live with it. Taking real world politics and shoving the "right" opinion down the player's throat is one thing, but to completely get rid of all politics out of gaming entirely is throwing the baby out with the bath water. A huge reason why people loved games like New Vegas was the interplay between the factions and the freedom to influence their hold on the wasteland the way you wanted to.

tl;dr: preachy shit steeped in modern politics is gay as fuck, yes but that doesn't mean games using political themes to flesh out their own worlds is entirely a bad thing. Quite the opposite.

Attached: 1538849856276.gif (700x393, 737K)

You're talking about having to "Justify" their skin color. That it's not worth making them black unless they're *black*, with all the mannerisms and iconography that implies.

The entire point is to not have to do that.

People argue over which flavor is better and it upsets me.

>So you agree that having black characters in all videogames is not "forced diversity"?
>If we can agree that it can be "done right" then there's no reason to be arguing about every single black character in every new videogame like /pol/tards like to do. They don't care if they're actual characters, they literally believe that there's a white 'genocide' going on.
Do you seriously think that me complaining about characters like Grace from Wolfenstein 2 or that black lady Uncharted 4 (both from games "touted for their storytelling") for being poorly written makes me the same as those retards that keep spamming threads about how a game will be a disaster because there's a character with darker pigmentation or who is black? Did you seriously assume that from reading the first post I made here: ? Jesus H Christ you're fucking paranoid if you think that from my post.
As for those retards. Just fucking ignore them. They are doing it for (you)s because they are literally looking for TORtanic 2.0 They are looking for attention and you faggots keep feeding them. No fucking wonder Yea Forums is going to the dogs.

Quit feeding words in my mouth. I never said anything about a justification of skin color. I am saying that forcing in black characters and then making them worse-written than white characters is fucking racist you imbecile.
>That it's not worth making them black unless they're *black*, with all the mannerisms and iconography that implies.
I am LITERALLY arguing against that. Holy shit are you faggots blind?

Attached: Concern.jpg (443x503, 80K)

imho it was when anita sarkeesian went public and victim carded herself from the fact her game was shit, and there was extreme bias from people reviewing her game because they were sleeping with her.

sure there was some bs before but i think that was a huge tipping point because from that point onwards everyone got involved.

companies that previously didnt give a shit and just made good vidya decided to pander to all this feminine, inclusive, trophy needing bullshit that they forgot a good game lies in its mechanics, gameplay, story, etc.

then after that all the companies shit the bed once they heard of the shitstorm whiny bitches were causing to their marketing, despite these demographics:
1. not even planning on buying the game
2. expecting a free review copy (or your sexist if you dont)
3. pandering and whining about inclusivity etc, despite their entire ritual being about singling out the areas that they deem unworthy

now you have all these companies that are forced to hire subpar quota infused employees that dont have their heart and soul in the games anymore, and thus suffer the consequences.

what people dont realize is that if your shit at a game, you get gud. its the mantra. we are allowed to call you out and trash talk because were hidden behind a video game. We dont expect you to get offended because why would you... its a fukken vidya game. but if you do then your a fucking idiot and need some serious self reflection about what bothers you etc.

fuck anita sarkeesian and all the other virtue signaling victim carding idiots that follow her cult

what the fuck are you even on about? nobody needed to justify Barrett being there. you're the one who needed to justify white characters being white.

>You can't make a fucking black character in an interesting situation by writing them as a bland character

> They didn't just force in a black character to do stereotypical black things.

>A forced black character is a literal cardboard cutout of a character with either only speaking as a generic character or speaking as a stereotypical black character.

You're literally saying that a black character isn't worth being black unless they're *black*. Otherwise they're "bland" and thus not worth the effort.

agree 100%

see

Ignore what other fags are saying. Games became much more political at around the same time the big internet giants gained majority control of the internet and starting promoting things based on "engagement" metrics while also spamming ads.

This demanded high volumes of content at blistering speeds, which has prompted everyone from journalists to Youtubers to make content people will react to in a short length of time. As ad revenue continued to decrease, it got worse and worse.

The US 2016 election was a mild eye-opener for some people, but the controversy spread at the time wasn't something the Russians did to us. It was something Facebook and Google had already done, with Russia merely exploiting the weakness of the system.

That's why your games and cartoons are political. They produce "engagement", which leads to promotion, articles discussing them, YouTube grifters doing weekly reports on their development, and thus sales and ad revenue.

Attached: 1521109135408.jpg (681x506, 59K)

The cake is a lie was not the first instance of a meme not being related to or not referencing it's source material
Memes became their own thing apart from their source material way back before 2007

>chocolate and toothpaste ice cream sandwich creeper

First quote supports my point. Second quote is taken out of context you disingenuous fuck, I am literally praising Franklin from Peanuts for being written as a unique character and not a stereotype or a generic white guy (but black). Third quote still supports my initial point. What the fuck is your point here?
>Otherwise they're "bland" and thus not worth the effort.
Okay let me be more specific. A forced black character is when they act like a BLAND WHITE CHARACTER. Notice how I didn't say BLAND BLACK CHARACTER in any of the fucking quotes you cited?
Literally here's how writers write black characters nowadays
>Make black character
>Write him as an average white guy with no personality or motivations

OR

>Make black character
>Write him as a living stereotype with stereotypical personality and motivations

There. Does your dense brain understand it yet? Or do I need to fucking draw a fucking mind map to make you understand?

>You're literally saying that a black character isn't worth being black unless they're *black*
I said the opposite dumbass:
>"A bad one literally just says "HELL YA SISTA xDDD" or embodies some kind of stereotypical black movement. You can use that as a jumping off point to develop your character and make him interesting (for instance CJ from GTASA who is an actual fucking character) or you can make that his whole fucking character and make it fucking shit (Franklin from GTAV)"

>"Harriet Glickman and Charles M Schulz both debated over the concept when the character of Franklin was created, and because they managed to figure out a solution and make an actual character, Franklin ended up being rather popular amongst readers, because guess what? They didn't just force in a black character to do stereotypical black things."

>"A good black character must have a personality, motivations, unique opinions, etc."

You're either shit at reading comprehension or a 2 IQ retard, if you took the opposite intentions from these quotes.

Attached: Trunks is flipping you off.gif (400x286, 584K)

>Did you seriously assume that from reading the first post I made here
I didn't it's just the usual kind of retard you find in threads like this. The fact that I actually acknowledged your argument and tried to close the gap should be enough evidence of me realizing you weren't one of them.

Now the problem is raising the issue of black characters not being "well written" and being there just for brownie points while we don't usually see bad written white characters as being an issue. It's like a bad written white character is just something poorly done, but a bad written black character is "cultural marxism". In this logic, nigger characters need to be meaningful just to justify their existence, while the same cannot be said about white ones.

>Make black character

What does this mean? is 'average' and 'unmotivated' reserved only to white representations? I'm this guy btw

In relation to a video game?

To elaborate, it's when a black character just behaves like a background character. I am using the term "Generic White character" to give a mental image
Imagine your average background/side white character.
There is nothing offensive about him, he just says "Hi", agrees with the main character and says words of encouragement
That is the full of extension of his character
And that is how a lot of modern black characters are being written as, they don't have inherent motivations, they just support the main character or alternatively as main characters just agree with the quest giver or the other characters.

> In this logic, nigger characters need to be meaningful just to justify their existence, while the same cannot be said about white ones.

To me the way a black character should be written is like an actual character.
Inherently speaking, the character being black is either optional or tied to their backstory or allegiance the same way someone's nationality is. But their personality must be unique like any well-rounded character.
To give a good example.
If I were to write a Russian character, and make him well-written, I'd give him a unique backstory, personality and ideology. I'd add elements of his national identity to his personality and ideology but I would not make that his whole character, because that would be patronising and stereotypical. The national identity stuff is purely optional, the main focus is to make him UNIQUE and INTERESTING.
If I were to not write a good Russian character I'd make him a literal living stereotype that says "Hail Communism xDDD STALIN AMIRITE xDDD"
It's the same with Black characters. The focus is to make the character both unique and interesting. The question of race and national identity only comes if absolutely necessary to the story's themes. If it isn't, then there is no reason to implement it.

>Make black character

>OR

>Make black character
>Write him as a living stereotype with stereotypical personality and motivations

Do you see the problem with your assumption though?
They're EITHER a stereotypical black guy
OR
>An average white guy.

Why is your "average" guy white? Why does that need to be the case?
That's the problem.

I agree with you, that is a problem, but it's a problem that needs to be, until we can get used to writing good characters regardless of skin tone.
The problem is, we live in a world where well-written characters of color are the exceptions that prove the rule, and in order to get past that, we need to grow more accustomed to writing characters of color in literally any capacity, and grow used to them as characters on their own and not just Default Characters + Black Modifier.

That's how you get rid of tokenism.
Not by simply refusing to write black characters unless and until you can get them 100% right, because that's never going to happen. Gotta learn to walk before you can run.

>Now that not every dev isn't aligned to your political views
I never cared what their political views were and if they were putting it into their games then it was significantly less obvious

>Why is your "average" guy white? Why does that need to be the case?
You're the one that assumed that when I said "Average guy" that I somehow meant "Average black guy" you literally said that in your argument.
>I agree with you, that is a problem, but it's a problem that needs to be, until we can get used to writing good characters regardless of skin tone.
You don't get it. I cited Grace from Wolfenstein 2 for a fucking reason.
BJ is written FANTASTICALLY in all of the Wolfenstein. The shit he says is downright poetic.
Then in comes Grace, and her character motivations and personality are only slighted hinted at and instead she's made into a giant fucking stereotype.
My point is, in a game praised for good writing, why is this shit okay in any way? I am complaining about Journalists enabling this nonsense instead of criticising it. Critique allows the writer to realise his mistakes and fix them, not doing so will make them delusional think what they did was correct.
>The problem is, we live in a world where well-written characters of color are the exceptions that prove the rule, and in order to get past that, we need to grow more accustomed to writing characters of color in literally any capacity, and grow used to them as characters on their own and not just Default Characters + Black Modifier.
Except I've seen tons of well-written black characters. But the inherent problem is that mainstream writers are never criticised for writing bad black characters and are some times praised for it. My point is that I am against people praising this badly written shit. You don't even need to be aggressive about the critique, just say that she doesn't feel like an authentic black character and there you fucking go
>Not by simply refusing to write black characters unless and until you can get them 100% right, because that's never going to happen
I literally never said that in my argument. I just said that they should be written better. That's all.

It wasn't games, it was everything.
About 2007 was when the plague of idiocy had it's first outbreak.

>Implying society would exist without currency

As long as people trade anything, there's going to be groups that control large amounts of it.

>Dorito Pope, October 2012.
>Videogames became a vessel for marketers to push their product.
zoom zoom zoom.

>Um, no, sweetie

Stopped reading right there. Thanks for your input.

>crossdresser

I never played FF7, which character are you talking about? It's none of the main crew, is it?

Attached: cat.jpg (233x246, 17K)

>I just said that they should be written better. That's all.
Of course!
But that's a pie-in-the-sky dream that you could apply to literally any topic that can only be achieved by wading through some shit first. That's true of literally any medium portraying literally any subject.

My point is "Tokenism" is self destructive as a concept, because it's is the idea of *not* writing characters of color unless and until you can get them 100% right, and the net result of that logic is fewer characters of color across the board, which means fewer chances to get them right, which means fewer well written characters of color.

this is how gamers think

Attached: vm226j6.png (510x291, 31K)

I get what you're saying and I don't think you're racist, but still I have a problem with this
>it's when a black character just behaves like a background character

Black characters behaving like backgrounds characters shouldn't be an issue, that's the point. To make them 'average' too. Then we can discuss if the game has good or poor writing in general (I find most videogames "writing" to range from awful to disastrous anyway). Of course we COULD consider white to be the average if most of the development team is white or if the setting of the game requires it, but other than that it should not be the case.

all your base are belong to us.

everyone knew that was from a video game dude. the accompanying image kind of gives that away.

>being ancap in 2019

Attached: wolf.gif (300x225, 814K)

>Black characters behaving like backgrounds characters shouldn't be an issue, that's the point. To make them 'average' too. Then we can discuss if the game has good or poor writing in general (I find most videogames "writing" to range from awful to disastrous anyway). Of course we COULD consider white to be the average if most of the development team is white or if the setting of the game requires it, but other than that it should not be the case.
Again, I'll repeat myself. My problem is when Journalists PRAISE this nonsense. If it existed on it's own this wouldn't be a problem. The problem is when Journalists praise it. Keep that in mind.

You have a point there, I suppose my use of the word Tokenism isn't exactly correct. I just wanted to make the point that when this stuff gets overpraised by journalists it results in setting a terrible standard for how Black characters are written by writers, and thus it becomes something to be written as a necessity rather than as a well-thought out character.

It's Cloud, he cross-dresses to get inside a prostitute building at the beginning of the game. How the fuck do you not know this?

Politics became intertwined with EVERYTHING. Fucking every kind of "journalism" from vidya to sports has retards harping on about politics.

More jews = more shit

I see, thanks
>How the fuck do you not know this?
You did read the part where I said "I never played FF7", yes?

I want to eat those creepers they look so tasty.

Attached: 1553288083925.jpg (1218x938, 210K)

I know. But Cloud cross-dressing is a pretty popular joke on this board. Hell it's one of the main complaints about the Remake possibly not including it, hence my surprise of you not knowing about it.

Well, I wouldn't know, this is the first day I've been on Yea Forums since 2013 or so. I rarely go to Yea Forums anymore and when I do it's to shitpost on Yea Forums

Attached: Aye, fair enough.jpg (485x400, 35K)

This. SA is my favourite game but i'm actually racist, Funny how that works.

What a sad fucking thread.

Anyway, the answer is very simple: 2013 and Anita Sharkeesian's Tropes vs. Videogames kickstarter campaign. And it's FUCKING SAD that apparently nobody else knows it, because it really is quite a fucking recent fucking history, you idiots.

That was the tipping point. Specifically, the huge cause surrounding it and the alleged abuse she was subjected to (and the massive amount of sympathy points that followed) had basically changed the clima and journalism standards nearly over night. It opened the flood gates: Journalists, already caught in a pretty bad spot, saw it as their way out of their incredibly shitty position, not to mention tons of cultural parasites realized how fertile the ground is and much like Anita, saw an opportunity to exploit.

That is it. That is the tipping point: that and that alone. We can now end this fucking sorry excuse for a thread.

it's weird that creepers just happen to look like dicks and minecraft is played by a lot of kids and also a minefield of pedophiles

When I grew up some of the most common stories were of either government agents sodomizing black people with broken broom handles or "peaceful" ethnonationalists tying black people to the back of trucks and riding them around off road until they were literally torn to pieces. Or when gun laws are sacred and immutable until Black people start gathering together while open carrying. I always find it very sceptical when white people say that they're being singled out and prosecuted and it's the worst thing ever.

I more believe that companies are treating people like garbage again, similar to how they did in europe during the industrial revolution. The issue is that White Americans as a racial group have literally never experienced this sort of thing before outside of small pockets in NYC, so it's horrific and terrible rather than just a regression towards the mean of how small people get treated.

>politics and identity politics are the same

People were complaining about SJW's for a while before Gamergate, but that was when it really got bad.

I'm not going to start or stop playing a game merely because of politics.

Also, there are tons of "indie" titles that are purely videogames... except from 2 or 3 decades ago, which I've already played to death.

Most based post in this thread.

People have fags an inch and they took a mile and then some.

Now they dictate what is acceptable and if you disagree you are literally Hitler

Play TF2

Attached: lp6g3mjb4lvz.jpg (1280x600, 178K)

>It's like how the media makes you think white supremacy is causing mass shootings, while in reality gang violence causes mass shootings.
You're a fucking idiot.Yes, there are a lot of shootings involving gang violence, but gang violence did not cause the shooting in El Paso, white supremacy did. You fucking idiots.

Look up DiGRA my newfren.

>He thinks white supremacy doesn't cause mass shootings.
It absolutely does. So does gang violence. There are multiple reasons for mass shootings, White Supremacy is one of them.

You're just driving his point home by making it all about politics and seeing connections where there are none.

Anyone with half a brain and who isn't dense as shit sees the difference.
Doesn't apply to your dumb ass obviously.

>multiple reasons for mass shootings, White Supremacy is one of them
Utterly based.

You're an absolute retard.
I suggest you go play The Longest Journey, made in 1999.

As soon as videogames have a story with conflict they become political. You people are literally 15 years old.

>.Yes, there are a lot of shootings involving gang violence, but gang violence did not cause the shooting in El Paso, white supremacy did. You fucking idiots.

His point was the the percentage of shootings caused by gang violence is higher than those caused by white supremacy by orders of magnitude. The leading cause of death for black men ages 15-35 is homicide by a margin of over 20%, and it's not white supremacists killing them. They shoot each other fucking CONSTANTLY but nobody cares because they're black, you expect it, and WHITE SUPREMACIST TERROR makes a much better headline.

I'm glad I have you the arbiter of what is hamfisted politics to set me straight

Obama Administration made SJW a thing.
Trump Administration is making them all riot.

Attached: liberals.jpg (593x421, 48K)

>2013 and Anita Sharkeesian's Tropes vs. Videogames kickstarter campaign.

Wasn't that in 2012?

I was born in 1982 but okay.

>His point was the the percentage of shootings caused by gang violence is higher than those caused by white supremacy by orders of magnitude.
Re-read his post idiot. You are putting words into his mouth and extrapolating meaning where there isn't any. He said, EXACTLY:
>gang violence causes mass shootings
If he MEANT to say "the percentage of shootings caused by gang violence is higher than those caused by white supremacy" then he would have fucking said that, but he didn't. Unless you are him and are changing the meaning of what you said.

And yes, it is horrible that black people are frequently the victims of gun violence... but that doesn't mean that white supremacy and shootings caused by white supremacy aren't bad. We can focus on both things at the same time, you know.

I'm sure glad rampant corporate capitalism is working out

>crossdresser with PTSD
Played as a joke.
>disabled black man
Not even represented as black in the remake, just a really tanned Jap.
>soon-to-be-dead sex worker.
Are you referring to the part of the game where they pretend to be prostitutes to get closer to a Shinra employee?

Absolutely braindead bait post.

THE SOUL IS WILLING, BUT THE FLESH REQUIRES BINDING

I haven’t had an ice cream sandwich in years. I used to love these specifically

Attached: AB79F006-14F7-4B5A-B4E7-721749D53F2C.jpg (1500x1125, 97K)

>We can focus on both things at the same time, you know.

But we're not focusing on the black victims at all. Or the perpetrators for that matter. Blacks are affected by gun violence and mass shootings more than any normie cares or understands, but it's entirely ignored by the media and society at large unless a white person is somehow involved.

Saying "we can solve both problems at the same time" is a facile platitude that I've seen people like you use before. You've done nothing but watch and read white-centric news outlets telling you white incel and supremacy related gun violence is a huge problem. Then, when presented with evidence that you're not only being misled, but that there is a much more significant and pressing issue affecting a minority community, you say "We can handle both things!". But in reality you just go back to harping about what you've been told to hard about, and and black people keep getting shot in Chicago every 3 hours.

Check your privilege, you smug, virtue signalling, baizuo.

Just fix the income inequality problem and have cops investigated by feds when they do shit wrong. Fuck social politics. Most of those problems can be fixed by sensible economic politics like we had pos depression/pre Reagan. People that fall for the “social politics matter the most” meme are retards being manipulated to vote for people that don’t have your best interest in mind.