Max Payne 3:

What was the point of adding this guy to the game? My only guess is that he just serves as a contrast regarding an idealized fictional depiction of a vigilante (Max Payne) and what a real-life alternative would probably look like (Rudy Brewer). I suppose the retired cop you meet periodically throughout the game fills a similar role. He's a representation of what Max could've been if things went better in his life or just an overall more genuine depiction of an American ex-detective.

Attached: Rudy Brewer.jpg (652x1080, 279K)

It's Max from the future.

I think the end of the game implies that Max lets go of his past and moves on with his life with a healthy mindset.

all the new york stuff in mp3 is just a rehash of mp2. in mp2 there's also some nutjobs, hobos and whores with guns in his appartment building

I feel like there was something more to the developer's choice to put him in.

Yeah, and I hope they'll never make Max Payne 4. Even though I would love another amazing TPS game, I have to let go of Max. He deserves some rest.

Is there anything cool in his apartment?

He was in the comic, as I recall, but it was a minor role.

How bout a Mona Sax prequel game?

Attached: Mona-Sax-2001.jpg (593x555, 64K)

Now we're talking.
MP1 Mona >>> MP2 Mona

Yeah it's decorated in the way you'd imagine it to. Bomb-construction in progress, filth, pizza boxes stacked on top of eachother, chemicals stored in the bathroom and a collection of newspaper clippings involving Ma Payne adorning his wall. He's got a manifesto open on his desk.

If Max were a based as fuck vietnam vet.

Also i know most Max Payne fans dont like the 3rd game and think its bad because of what it did to the character but its so fucking kino and fun to play i have to disagree

The story was weak and messy and the antagonists weren't memorable in the slightest but the combat and gameplay was top-notch.

It's been a while since I played but you cant actually read the manifesto, right? Maybe Rudy saw himself as a guardian angel for Max. Like maybe he somehow caught wind of all the deep shit Max had gotten into with various shady groups and knew that eventually shit would hit the fan and he'd have to step in and shield him from the consequences.

You can view the two pages it is open to, which is just a bunch of illegible text and bomb schematics. The Max Payne newspaper clippings indicate that he does have an infatuation with Ma

Max.*

Just like he did at the end of Max Payne 2, right?

The parts of the game like that zipline slomo section legitimately gets my dick fuckin hard

Who should Max be up against in MP4?

Attached: MAX FUCKIN' PAYNE.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Not necessarily, the game ends with him holding his dead girlfriend instead of MP3's ending where he's shown relaxing at a beach while smoking a cigarette

Max Payne 2 ended on a very somber note which implies he has anything but a healthy mindset, even if he does feel somewhat rejuvenated at the time. Max Payne 3 ends with him literally walking into the sunset.

We don't need to make that mistake thrice, Max Payne mechanics can work even without Max Payne

The people that want him dead and you play a washed up version where through gameplay you can see and feel him not in his prime and might not make it

Fuck Max Payne 3. Gameplay is fucking great, but the story is so shit, I can't even start to describe all the wrong things in it. Also, it killed opportunity for Remedy to create a real conclusion to the first two parts.

Payne Jr., the high school prequel

The story was kino fuck you

MAX, dearest of all my friends

I love the game but the story was indeed shit. Didn't fit in a Max Payne title.

I through it was a nice touch for Max to stop narrating at the end of Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 4 featuring Maximilian Payne.

Shit taste

MP3 is a great shooter but it deviates from the "soul" of the originals so much it's hard to accept as a legimitate Max Payne sequel

Realistically, how many innocent hues did Max kill when he started that favela fire? Keep in mind this is a densely populated neighborhood of poorly built wooden shacks.

Attached: 2205623-rsg_mp3_290.jpg (1280x720, 315K)

Who cares. Burning alive is probably preferable to getting raped and decapitated and making the front page on LiveLeak. He did it in the center of gang territory so the people he fucked over probably had it coming regardless.

probably to show what max means when he says the world is fucking shit

I think the legion of merciless and low-IQ third world gang members he mows down is already a good indication of that.

YOU'RE CRAZY , MAAAAN!

Mexican cartels would have been cool but it would just feel like you're shooting favela niggers again.
I'm thinking something like but I really don't know who he can piss off next.