Does this game have a magic skill tree?

does this game have a magic skill tree?
is it even good?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uA-K4I-VicZfBObasZlOJ_RTMYKk1R8mQckzcWgshwQ/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumping, on the verge of buying it too.
Reviews on steam are very good tho

what is this about? i assume a shooter of some kind?

3D action shooter with procedurally generated levels and loot. Has dark souls parts like i-frame rolling, estus and bonfires.

>Chinese published game
>800 reviews, 90% of the reviews are chinese
>16K players are all chinese

let that sink in

Literally who gives a fuck you dumb faggot

shill

so did anyone actually play it?

oh no little wang chang exposed

don't you have a tranny thread to shitpost in?

>magic skill tree
Magic in this game is weapon mods.
The worst thing about them is that you can only have 1 per weapon equipped which greatly limits the variety.
Spells themselves are cool, like summoning your own adds or turning on wall hacking.

seems like melee weapons are dogshit in this game, true?

The game is good, if you don't want to believe, that's fine.

They can totally shank a few rushing mobs if you want to
Scythe has a meat grinder attack with good damage for example

Shut up before I glass you, nigger.
>Gunfire Games, LLC is an American video game developer based in Austin, Texas. The studio was founded by David Adams in July 2014, bringing with him the core team of Crytek USA just prior to that studio's closure. The company was acquired by THQ Nordic GmbH in August 2019

Reviews on steam for any old garbage is always good. PC tards literally cant face anything on their beloved platform being considered ''bad''

shut up you dumb little bitch

I heard that the most optimal way of playing is to roll and shoot since you get overwhelmed by mobs a lot in this game

its pretty good. My only real complaints are that you cant unbind the hotkeys for inventory , traits, and character which are I C T respectively, You can use the crouch slide effectively in some situations and I usually use c for crouch. Dont play on normal even if you are soloing. Use your area map and explore EVERTYTHING, Even though by design, the campaign roll you get may not give you some content you really dont want to miss anything or any dungeons. Your starting archetype only matters or early game as you can get all gear, weapon mods, and traits later on in the game. That being said there isnt any real "build" potential other than building for your role. items and armor can be pretty impactful depending on where you might be in the game. For the most part the game is pretty optimized. depending on the area I fluctuate between 100-140fps on high settings. I've only experienced one actual enemy pathing bug where a summoner teleported into some stairs and I couldnt kill the nigger. Enemies with long weapons can straight up swing through the environment which is a bummer. Boss design philosophy seems to vary a little bit but always expect adds and on higher difficulties an arena modifier. Most of the time they are literal fodder that you can bait the boss to kill for ammo drops

Obvious shill thread

>Dont play on normal even if you are soloing
I saw a streamer getting memed into Hard difficulty and he got absolutely rekt

Oh look a new polished game just came out that is actually good, better call people who want to discuss it changs, shills HURRR DURR.

The game is really good. There are some cons to it like shit tier lyp syncing, story is not that great for some, minor bugs etc.. but for 40$ its top tier

its very easy both ways to either control enemy flow or get overwhelmed. You just need to keep up situational awareness and stay mobile. The level design often gives you features to fall back through that slow enemies down or allow you to choke point them

I've only put a few hours into it so far. Seems neat but I had an incident of an area repeating itself exactly once and it was really lame

what's the difference between difficulty rewards anyway

Am I missing anything by skipping all the dialogs?
Writing and characters are really bland

and ? If they were american or french, what would be the difference ?

The intro to the game sucks and is boring. Once you get going though it becomes very fun. I will say though that its FAR better if you have friends to play on a discord with. Random matchmaking is just weird.

To be fair, its easy to get fucked up if you make a mistake, but if you continually get fucked up in the same spot there is a 99% chance youre bad. Think of it this way. You are only penalized by losing spirit power, mod charge, when you die. You never lose progress towards trait points, materials, or scrap. So even if you are so fucking retarded that you cant properly learn how to deal with an encounter, you can out scale it simply by fighting it enough

It's alright.

It's a combination of Dark Souls and Warframe. It's easy, but still fun. The melee is more of a second though, you have fast attacks, heavy attacks, running attacks, rolling attacks and stationary backpedal attacks.
But again, the melee is kinds supplementary to the main combat, which is guns. There is a lot of items in-game that are melee orientated. For instance there is two different melee armor sets and a tonne of melee weapons. But again, it's mainly a shooter. A third person shooter that plays like Dark Souls. I'm pretty good at Souls games and I still died a few times here and there. But it's nothing to write home about. Hardmode and Nightmare are pretty terrifying though. I'm partway through Hardmode.
Gun play is alright, but nothing amazing.

You have "magic" but it's more or less gun mods. You get two mods for your guns which you build up to use in a spectacular way. I mainly use an AOE heal mod since I do lot of co-op and a super attack on my secondary weapon.
There is summoning skills, support skills and DPS skills.

The game is about 15-20 hours in the first playthrough, but it's designed to be played multiple times since it's randomized maps like Diablo and some loot can only be acquired on multiple runs since it's tied to quests or items in crafting.

I play a Medium Armor build wherein the more I kill the more damage I do. With some melee perks / rings etc. etc. Simply because I like my Spear (Lightning Spear that applies a lightning debuff, and if I hit it with another Lightning Debuff they explode)

Attached: 04EE60A39408C9BDB66DE7F200C7C026835877D1[1].jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

Im not sure if the difficulty actually has any effect on the campaign roll rng. I will say that nightmare difficulty is intended for kitted and leveled characters and thats all I know for sure

where the fuck did you that spear

I mean if you just started the lore opens up later. Read some terminals downstairs in the basement once you are about 2-3 hours into the game since there is some pretty cool lore there but if at that point you still find it bland and boring just skip it and focus on the gameplay and progression.

Kill the Lightning Ape near the end of the game. It has a chance on getting two things. The Spear or the Lightning Rifle. I got the Spear.
It has a 40% chance on applying Overload with fast attacks and 100% with heavy Attacks. Overload can be triggered a second time for an AOE Lightning Bomb.
Combined with the Crit applied a 300% damage Bleed, it's a pretty neat weapon.

There is also a lot of secrets in this game, so make sure to explore. I found an Indy reference. Slide through it to get a secret Amulet that basically acts as Havels Ring. It turned my Medium Armor build into a Light Armor build. It's god tier for melee builds.

I wish this thread popped up an hour ago, I'd drop some more screenshots and answer questions about this average, but somewhat fun game.

Attached: B7E0B6010768A5468C034C26E64BB8EAA1756E91[1].jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

Im still waiting for you guys opinion. Its more objective than most juornos.

Its not a chance theres a totem in front of the boss arena that you can turn around by shooting the metal tabs on the side. Which side its flipped to decides what you get.

Attached: My character.jpg (3440x1440, 365K)

Also this game is great i have been having a blast with it. Fair warning its similar to dark souls if you dont like that style of game dont buy it.

There is no magic skill tree but weapons can have mods which are different magic like abilitys. You can shoot out bolts of radiation swarms of insects tentacles that swipe at things ect. Weapon mods can also change how your guns look.

Attached: 20190816053110_1.jpg (2293x1433, 631K)

alright fuck it, I'm going with Hard

>worried guns are going to look like shit in this game from the reviews I saw
>see your pic
>immediately buy the game
Thanks user, your character looks great.

Im not sure how accurate this is but i heard nightmare assumes you have around 200 trait points and hard assumes around 100.

That was close to what i had when i finished normal and hard so it may be true.

That being said you can start on whatever difficulty and still complete the game you are just in for more of a challange.

Thanks yeah ive been doing fashion the whole way after i beat normal and got this armor lol. I can change my armor and weapons and upload a few different sets for you to see if you want me to.

I would prefer to discover them in-game personally, but I cant stop you from posting if you want to.

>I can change my armor and weapons and upload a few different sets for you to see if you want me to.
do it

Here is another armor set.

Attached: Void Armor.jpg (3440x1440, 387K)

Ill just post two more that are my favorites.

Attached: Osseous Armor.jpg (3440x1440, 411K)

(Warframe intensifies)

This is what anti epic steambabies look like

So how is this game? How is the gameplay about? And it does have singleplayer, so does have multiplayer, no? It is separated, or it just connected and you can choose of connect or not?

So...more educated people are enjoying this game is what you are saying. Better pick it up then.

isn't the game on Steam?

They're trying to find a reason for derailing the thread without discussing the game because they haven't played it.

Attached: Binah looking into your soul.png (328x327, 75K)

Last one
Its Semi randomly generated. What i mean by that is there are 40ish bosses and only the middle boss and last boss are set. So no two play throughs are exactly the same. The game play feel kind of like dark souls combat with guns and while there is no pvp there is friendly fire which can be hilarious with some weapons. It can be played solo but it is co op with up to 3 players in one session.

Attached: Birds.jpg (3440x1440, 375K)

Trying to melee only but these skulls in the second world are making it difficult, the tree boss was bad enough.

Attached: 1549420530115.jpg (640x640, 20K)

>its like dark souls, but with warframe
Is it actually good?

Melee only isnt fully possible. You need a ranged weapon for the last boss.

I would rate it a solid 7/10 maybe an 8/10 with friends. I think its worth the 40$ price tag but if it was 60+ like some new games i wouldnt buy it.

So can anyone answer this, does difficulty change anything in terms of reward or not?

Okay i'll just shoot him then. I want to hit stuff with a hammer for the time being

>warframe
wow
its more like borderlands + dark souls

It does not change anything except xp gain and enemy toughness. I will say eventually normal and hard get to easy due to how leveling works. You never stop leveling until every trait is maxed so once you start having a proper build normal is a joke.
Normal is pretty much only for initial play throughs where you dont have any skills or weapons.

It's like a more engaging version of warframe. Random generated environments work really well and the armor and weapons look and feel really good. The only negatives that I could see people having is that there's no PvP, the melee is inferior to dark souls, and many of the bosses rely too heavily on adds.

can you respec points?

Yes. The first time you kill the last boss he drops a respec item and afterward you can buy the respec item from the main consumable vendor.

Good news there are two boss hammers that you can get and they are both great weapons.

The OP picture suggested some normal looking shit in terms of gear, kinda disappointing

What is that skull on the bottom of minimap?

There are normal looking weapons and gear i can post them if you want to see. I just posted the ones i liked and thought look interesting.

That'd be cool of you, but are they normal looking because they are weak gear?

I'm surprised no one posted the bug queen yet

difficulty
bronze = normal
silver = hard
gold = nightmare

Some of the starter gear looks normal and is great.
Pretty much every weapon is viable and some of the starter weapons like the shotgun are great.
Trait and ring combinations matter more than weapon or armor choice.

Attached: HUnter STarter armor.jpg (3440x1440, 374K)

fuck I thought it's boss direction

I just restarted my world or i would post Bug Tits.

So its worthy to buy then? Frankly, I want it to get it at sale, because 40€ for a very recent game that could die or go to shit fast, so I hope it get a nice discount soon.

go my child, your mission is clear, you must enlighten this thread with bug tits.

Thinking in refunding it

Its a Perfect World game. Theres nothing wrong with it, but doesnt excite me in any way either. Theres barely any loot, enemies are ok, mechanics are really basic but work.

so what's difference between this character
and this mess

The Void armor give me a damage bonus when i take damage that stacks up to 3 times. It also has a slower dodge roll being heavier.
The hunter armor increases weak spot damage by 25% for enemies at range. So head shots do more damage.
As for the weapons in the pictures. The Magnum is a beast and the Particle accelerator is great and can make a black hole that sucks in small mobs and anyone playing with you and kill them with an explosion so its hilarious in groups.

This is definitely a good thing, but traits are pretty straightforward. I feel like youd be hard pushed to fuck up and dump points into a bad trait

Its more that you find traits pretty randomly so you may dump points into a trait that isnt great and then find an amazing one later. So the respec is pretty much only needed for stuff like that.

So i will say this while some of the armor looks great the underwear looks like im wearing some form of adult diaper.

Attached: depends.jpg (3440x1440, 283K)

>barely any loot
just because you dont get drops straight from enemies doesnt mean it isnt there

Yeah some people thought it was a looter shooter. Its not. The loot comes from boss drops and side areas. It more like Dark Souls loot that say Borderlands or Diablo 3.

What set is that?

Elder Set Should be one you get garunteed after the seige event in the last area

Pirate it first. I was thinking about buying it too but the more I played it the more apparent the lack of variety became.

>first boss
>takes probably 5-10 mins to kill on hard
>also has kamikadze ads
for real

Honestly I think the game would've been better with more loot.

did you get shroud or is there another or do you mean first real boss and get ent?

gorefist guy, I deal no dmg to him on hard

>gorefist
wait, is that the boss variant of the smaller enemies that does the incessant rolling attacks that like triples in size when you get him to a quarter health?

the guy with big sword. Ads are walking tumors

Actually thinking of picking this up, been watching streams to check it out.

Attached: 14q21puw-720.jpg (720x406, 45K)

Theres a ring with +50% melee crit damage thats supposed to help a lot with that

fuck another boss I missed then

ooo that plus hunters class mod for crit chance inside an ex cultists mending aura would be fucking true berserker mode

I just beat claviger and only got the particle accelerator. Why didn't I get something to craft the hammer?

Nope thats mangler. Gorefist is the boss version of the brute with the sword and the adds he spawns are the kamikaze tumor dudes

Need to beat him using the alternate method you get one or the other boss item depending on kill method.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uA-K4I-VicZfBObasZlOJ_RTMYKk1R8mQckzcWgshwQ/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

You only get one of the two. Either you kill normally and get item 1 or you fulfill the alternate condition and get item 2. Also someone post the flame sword boss weapon, its so damn cool

So how does that guy in the screen shot have both weapons?

>It's a combination of Dark Souls and Warframe.
This is very interesting to me. I've been looking for something to play with some of my buddies and those two were our go-to games for co-op for years.
How does Co-Op work? Can friends drop in and out of your game at will or do you have to start/stop sessions?
Does it do that horrible Borderlands thing where you have to micromanage objectives to make sure you're perfectly synced so that everyone is getting credit for objective completion?

Attached: wooloo.png (1000x975, 453K)

I have reset the world and killed him a few times.

you can reroll your campaign at literally any time. Also a playthrough on each difficulty seems to be intended by the devs so minimum youd get 3 campaign rolls just to yourself not including friends worlds

your world is static to your host. Progress made in friends worlds doesnt count towards yours but let me tell you why this is a good thing. Rng towards bosses and therefore their loot can be annoying right? Well having 2-3 players can help alleviate that rng either by doing all kill methods across campaigns or getting the alternative boss spawns across campaigns. Im not sure about joining since I always join my friend in his base and vice versa

>Progress made in friends worlds doesnt count towards yours but let me tell you why this is a good thing.
I don't mind that as long as it's like Dark Souls where you can be at any point in the story and as long as you're in the right place at the right levels you can play together.
Sounds good. Thanks user.

I don't think level matters but everything scales to the highest person.

There's also a weapon mod for invulnerability to melee attacks and increased crit damage.

Can confirm. Good way to make someone hate the game lol

>how to kill your coop game

>those stupid fucking quotes when you die

Attached: 01.jpg (232x198, 9K)

>game loads too fast to ever get a chance to read them
Based?

Ok fuck playing the game on hard from the start, I'm rerolling
Can't believe I got memed into doing this

lol

Why is procedural generation suddenly a selling point now? I thought we all agreed it's shit.

>can die from bleed If you don't have bondage
Patch when

It took me awhile but heres butterfly tits.

Attached: tits.jpg (3440x1440, 1.32M)

was not worth the effort

Butterfly Queen looks nice.

Besides an estus kind of thing and checkpoints it has nothing like dark souls

>roll with i-frames
>same types of melee attacks
>respawn and autosave at "bonfires"
>muh difficulty
>muh deep lore

>Trying to do conditional kill for Harrow
>Finally get him on his knees
>He spins around like a record player tracking me making me unable to get to the spear on his back
>This has happened twice

Fuck this game

Attached: 1446075434327.png (508x685, 398K)

I got it on the 4th stagger, he didn't track me when I got him from behind, still fucking annoying. This boss is a joke with the Petrified Maul, you can spam charge attacks and chain stagger him and he can't even run away to spawn adds

Based retard

To anyone who liked this game I'd recommend trying out Immortal:unchained.
It's a bit rough on edges but has similar gameplay and is unique enough to not being called soulless clone.