Just Fuck My Species Up

Why is it almost common to see people get upset when humans aren't portrayed as incompetent/useless in science fiction when compared to other species?

The thought crossed my mind in regards to Mass Effect, but as I thought about it I recalled it being in other series as well, even in fantasy.

Why do some betas hate their own species?

Attached: download.jpg (210x240, 6K)

I peed

Humans are shit in general, did you see "people" complain about almost everything?
Proves the existance of /pol/ and yuri.
Glad that MegaMan/Sonic atleast play as a robot/beast just to defeat a human, fuck humans.
>humans have potential
my ass

The point is that humans ARE super fucking dumb, short sighted, and greedy. They should be treated like the child idiot species.
>Why do some betas hate their own species?
Ask a racist.

it's an extension of the modern western anti-white bias/outward preference combined with nihilism and anti-natalism

>says the guy who hates 99% of his own species

Lol. Fag.

And racism isn't the same thing as what I'm asking. Differences within a species based upon the behavior of the races and the cultures and beliefs they hold and create isn't the same thing as hating humanity in general because you're some edgy faggot that thinks historical and individual conflicts are super bad and somehow a unique problem of humans.

This is what I'm thinking. I doubt I could get many Asians, Japanese, Arabs, or Africans in their own homes to say they hate humanity, but it isn't difficult in the west where the current majority population is taught to hate themselves. It's interesting, but sad, too.

modern humans yeah but future humans will be probably a lot different, I think it's a problem that in sci fi species evolved to space faring are compared to 20th century humans
when we get to the point of space faring we'll be agumented and gene modified to shit so we wouldn't be as dumb and short sighted

I'm not human

or whitoids are generally just hateful cunts and they hate everything, including themselves

Most sci-fi is about speculation of the future and in order for their to be a plot writers work on the assumption we fuck everything up.

Self-hate is a very big thing in the west, basically every leftist and quite a lot of moderate rightwingers do it to the point of insanity.

Same logic drives them to hate any notion of humans being good at something, they can't deal with their own group being praised at all and will lash out.

Attached: 1544471898685.jpg (600x599, 45K)

>Why do some betas hate their own species?
Leftist self-hate.
They are not pro-ecology, they are anti-humans.

Flawless things are boring and mundane, we live flawless, mundane lives with some flawless and mundane twist like going hungry for a days or being sick or not affording to have "fun".

People want the unusual, the bizarre.

If aliens in space already exist it's inevitable that humans would be behind and seem stupid in comparison.

I think the problem is how fucking retarded most humans are.
>practically own an entire fucking planet
>lmfao let’s just nuke it up and pollute it so we’ll have blade runner levels of smog by 2100
>>implying we won’t blow ourselves up by 2100 because of various politicians acting retarded when they are basically the acting voice of entire countries

Yes, and those are the ones that people are generally fine with, but the stand outs where we can hold our own seem to get people upset.

As I stated, Mass Effect is a good example, It isn't uncommon for people to bitch about humans holding back the turians after First Contact, but it seems reasonable to me that a species with such a rich historical background of warfare as we do have, knowing that Contact was inevitable could win a significant battle against a force that underestimated them.

But no, humans doing anything right is a no-no, unrealistic.

why do whitoids always define themselves by what they hate?

Attached: 1564797694666.jpg (857x801, 100K)

I'm honesty embarrassed to be human

because if a white loves their heritage, it means they hate everyone else, according to society.

This is dumb. We recognize these problems, but we don't have cornucopia technology or magic to fix them, but we still seek solutions, why is that retarded?

This is actually addressed in the Mass Effect series by a notable drell (whose species did reach overpopulation and exhaustion of land) the drell aren't somehow retarded, he explains that we achieved FTL travel before the problem became acute, the drell aren't somehow retarded, this would be an issue that every species would theoretically encounter it's not like "just stop dude" is any kind of solution, which is generally the proposal by brainlets.

you do hate everyone else though so it's not wrong

I never said humans were flawless in these scenarios though, they just aren't shat on.

>DURR humans are the greatest why aren't you seeing it we should be unbeatable you species traitor! I love being a human!
>HURR humans a shit! Humans a wrong! BADONG humans short sighted and evil, destroying the enviroment. I wish I wasn't a human!
Niggas you need to calm down with your black and white bullshit.

Literally nobody here is saying humans are the greatest though.

The sides are "humans are fucking shit, I hate myself, we're terrible" against "yeah, humans can do things"

to be fair none of you bring anything useful to anything.

>all the fucking ayys ITT
If you aliens faggots don't like humans go the fuck back to your own planet.

This guys got it right.

If the sci-fi isn't science fantasy I find it stupid when you have aliens that are just better. Biology doesn't work that way. I like alien species that are better in some aspects but it costs them in others.

>He says while complaining about whites

Ayys would probably be perplexed at the behavior of species self-hatred.

They'd view humans as beta cucks.

Correct. However, in endeavours like space travel, we would send our best, not the average.

>I'm an X because I hate X people
every whitoid ideology, seems like OP's question is more like a question about why whitoids always hate something
I don't define myself by hating whitoids though, your entire identity is based on the people you hate

To be fair everyone hates everyone else, the only difference is third worlders wish they were white and lived in the US or Europe.

>when /pol/ starts larping as niggers to derail a thread

Plus, I do think it's possible that the confirmation of alien life would inspire cross-racial/national unity never seen before, not sunshine and rainbows shit, that'll never happen, but increased co-operation? Sure, and with that humanity could be pretty capable.

It's 2x4chan I'd assume it's why, it's been even worse than usual since they got fucked.

Considering humans literally thought up the other species including the setting itself, I'd consider humans superior.

I don't go to whatever shitholes you're basing your analysis on, but I do go on this shithole and any time humanity is portrayed as losing to another species it's always
>we wuz humans n shiet
>muh spess mehreens
>muh military prowess
>if it were real life we would win tho

Have literally never seen that.

>they
You mean we you grey fuckboi

>[Deleted]
Ouch! Was it for racism? I guess the banhammer cuts both ways.

there's nothing wrong with people being stupid/greedy/incompetent IF there's a reasonable explanation for it i.e. a character being a coward, overconfident, drunk, lying about their capabilities, whatever
alien covenant is a perfect example of stupidity and incompetence with no basis. it shatters the illusion of the characters being real people and stops you investing in them and the plot in general

Grays in science fiction are portrayed as light-years ahead of us technologically, but if there were enough abducted humans in one room, and they wanted to do it, one or two grays would be gangraped.

These are facts.

I guess that's that for your narrative about Yea Forums mods being leftypol

See but you're obviously blowing things out of proportion like a good little extremist. Nobody wants humans to be "useless" they want them to not be 100% number one always every day. any sane person would also be upset that humans are constantly being shat on.

There are self hating retards out there and they sure as hell write the cringiest of shit but this shit is obviously someone taking offense at chest beating perfection.
Nigger the humans in mass effect literally steamroll ancient aliens without breaking a sweat, that's the problem. There's a difference between humans can do things and literally entering and taking over an ancient constitution after one crisis and one military commander did one little thing. It's not self hating to be dead tired of the same old meme of either extreme overpowering victories against everything and Complete self hating "you are the nazi species of this universe"-ism. It's the same reason people are getting tired of the underdog that really shouldn't be even considered an underdog.

I just want some good, moderate view on humanity that puts them equally, with both their strengths and weaknesses. Which includes being shat on, being shat on is a fact of fucking life and it would be a refresher to not have to go trough the same drivel universe where the author mindlessly puts up a screen for humanity to "humbly" walk to the top.

I take the same offense when authors insert their obviously favorite aliens or human self hate into shit and make them go trough the same fucking routine of being better than humans. For once I'd like to see shit that isn't just the same list of
>Stronger than humans
>Better senses than humans
>Smarter than humans
>Older than humans
That mainstream media vomits out and eats up again to keep regurgitating.

My narrative? Since when did I have a narrative? I'm just glad that if mods are doing their job they fuck all the shitposters equally.

If a basedboy has a gun and knows how to use it, he will gun down a adonis with ease if he's confident to shoot.

not everyone has to love each other but if your entire identity is based on hating others then you have a problem

seethe

This isn't the Mass Effect universe at all... dumb retard.

If we're both talking about the First Contact War, humans won a single battle, against a force that thought they had beaten them, had the turians enacted full-scale war humanity is done, the codex is clear about this, yet still you're angry humans liberated Shanxi.

If you're talking about the Reaper War, that was the entire galaxy, spearheaded by the Alliance because of the role of a significant special operative in the overarching conflict

About what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>mass effect
>humans get embassy in record time
>get 4th council position before other races like volus
>one of the biggest military powers despite being newcomers
>turians, a militaristic society with the biggest military prowess of the galaxy and access to relays for centuries, had to change their battle tactics after fighting humans the first time
>constant reminders how people fear or respect humans because of their determination and aggressive expansion
>antagonist species take a special interest in 2nd and 3rd game
>obscure human company and its owner become main power players in the war and secondary antagonists
>incompetent
if anything humans were hilariously op in mass effect

Right and what people obviously had problems was with that, during ME 1. Not what developed after.
I mean shit I was obviously talking about that when I mentioned the citadel and entering the council or whatever. Yeah.

And if that is what you think people are upset and "shitting" over in ME and media in general... geez.

Like atheism it's a view that people who want to be seen as smart think smart people have, so they adopt it without thinking and if they're ever challenged they jump to the first shallow justification they can think of to support it ("people bad because they do bad thing")

Attached: fool.jpg (1024x640, 167K)

There's literally nothing wrong with humanity's progression in Mass Effect, compare it to other species

Volus: almost no military
Elcor: too slow
Krogan: pariah's
Quarians: pariah's
Geth: hostile A.I.
Hanar: culturally incompatible
Drell: no homeworld/military/economy etc.
Batarians: uncooperative
Vorcha: violent retards

Humans are the "best" species to come around since the turians, and they push constantly to get farther. Turians won the Krogan Rebellions, and were offered to join, the Alliance saved the Citadel/ended an invasion. Comparable. Why is it wrong that humanity achieved their's on a shorter time-scale?

As for Cerberus, their power in ME2 is reasonable. ME3 was due to mass abductions then using Reaper tech to created another class of foot soldier, not because they were human.

Oh you're baiting.
Man you got me good. Well at least I got to vent about retarded ideas that humans should always land on their feet running against other species in literally every media, so no hard feelings.

Good argument.

Stop being assmad about humanity being capable, K?

Depends on the setting, sometimes humans are latecomers to interstellar travel and are behind technologically compared to the other species.
Naturally that puts us at a disadvantage, not that we don't take steps to even the field or gain advantages but its just the way things are.

It isn't dislike towards your species when you're attempting to place humanity into a pre-existing structure they are alien in.
Compare Mass Effect to say Phantasy Star where the other alien species in the latter are the result of genetic experimentation on humans, or lack the means to travel through space.

>tfw no cute exotic species gf

Attached: cute.jpg (390x758, 139K)

This. Unfortunately.

Nationalism and tribalism gets in the way of proper species wide eugenics that is actually about improving everyone.
I mean, to most people here "eugenics" is marrying your cousin even though that isn't how we did it in other species. The same people also have an image of an ideal female partner who carry a lot of traits you wouldn't want to see in your own child.

People like to be the underdogs. It's why you often see the protagonist being from the weaker side even in human vs human scifi

Even normalfags can see thar the majority are mindless retards who should be killed.

Uh no, you retard, what you're actually interpreting is people's desire to have humans be realistic. Instead of this retarded notion that authors make for lazy mouthbreathers that there is something 'special' or 'unique' about being human. What humans are mary sues so that fat faggots feel great about themselves without having to earn anything. Everyone likes a good underdog story, but nobody should like on the nose pandering for lazy asshats.

Attached: 1367983123310.png (600x387, 264K)