Untitled

Attached: 7ce.jpg (960x960, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It seems to me user that you’re just hating on Kohima cuz he stacks paper to the ceiling and rides on 24 inch chrome

Attached: C5327919-2C88-4CD3-8428-0D2F923D75DB.png (2048x1536, 1.01M)

Attached: 1566256344578.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

More like pissing simulator.

Attached: 1566284801340.webm (720x404, 2.8M)

.....yeah that's true.

I'm not particularly looking forward to Death Stranding, I may still play it but after Kojima's past few games I've been put off enough to not be excited for DS, and I really dislike how celebrities are put forward like they're a selling point for the game. If I do play it it'll mostly just be out of curiosity to see what Kojima will make now that he doesn't have to make Metal Gear, because while I believe there's more to the decline of MGS than just him being tied to it, I'm sure being forced to make games you don't want to make over and over will result in a worse product than being able to make whatever you want as he's been given the freedom to do now, and whether it turns out well or not, I'd be curious to see that for myself rather than just hearing secondhand from other people who have played it. My reason for being interested in it really has nothing to do with the actual content of the game, which hasn't really captured my interest too much from what I've seen.

All that said, I don't mind that it seems like there's a lot of just walking in it. Having it be a game about exploring and traveling across a harsh environment sounds a lot more interesting to me than just being a third person shooter or something like that. Really the parts that are just traveling are what has me most interested about the content of game, much moreso than the story or the combat or any of that which I don't particularly like the look of, especially the combat. If it's just walking that would be bad, but if it makes the experience of traveling actually engaging, then I see no issue. Whether it will or not remains to be seen, however.

>w-walking simulators are ok when based kojimbles does it!
state of this board. i bet you collect amiibos.

Attached: D8BTHTsUcAAQTso.jpg (500x719, 77K)

Stop talking like a nigger

I agree with all that, I'm just saying that if I don't buy Death Stranding, it won't be because it looks like a walking simulator.

what did he mean by this?

Attached: Untitled.png (970x950, 1.37M)

>MGSV wich didnt break even
MGSV made its budget back in the first day retard

upvoted

>Konami made pachinkos because it *had* to
top kek

>be Kojima
>spent all the time sending food photos
>spent all time with friends or famous people
>avoid working as much as you can
>take weagis credit
>stick your name everywhere

>cutscene
>walk to x
>listen to people talking to you while walking
>reach y
>cutscene
>avoid Monster Inc Special Forces
>reach x
>cutscene
Im sure your gonna spent more time dont touching the gamepad than walking.

youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8

if you didn't think it would be a walking simulator you had unrealistic expectations

In which case it would be bad, but that would be a poor execution of the concept, I'm saying that if there's more to it than that then it could turn out fine. I'm not saying there will be more to it than that, I'm just saying I won't avoid the game based on the traveling being a big part of the game, I'll avoid it if the traveling is bad.

Based post-2016 Newfag

I challenge you, to tell me what the game is about, mechanically.

For example:
Mario
>jump over obstacles to reach the end of the level and save the princess
Banjo-Kazooie
>explore levels and collect golden jigsaw pieces to save your sister from the evil witch
Zelda
>scour dungeons for magical items that will aid you on your adventure across hyrule to defeat the evil Ganon
Star Fox
>pilot your starship and shoot enemies as you traverse from planet to planet to defeat the evil Andross
Final Fantasy 7
>search for clues of the evil Sephiroth as you collect new party members and fight enemies in ATB battles to uncover the secrets of what’s killing your planet
Metal Gear Solid!!
>inflitrate shadow moses base and stealthily make your way through it’s labyrinthine layout, fighting bosses along the way to uncover a conspiracy plot
Death Stranding:
>uhhhh....

>But muh #fuckkonami thank god for me i cum on my own face

Is this loss?

lel

>Metal Gear Solid!!
>sneak around a base, fight bosses, watch a lot of cutscenes
>Death Stranding:
>Go hiking, sneak around monsters, watch a lot of cutscenes
Fixed that for you.

Better than any of these Nintendo games. That’s all that needs to be said

>All their money
By the time Kojima became VP most of their money wasn't even in video games.

Death Stranding
>work as a Bridges delivery man trying to make your way across post-apocalyptic america after event that shattered the border between the world of living and dead, in attempt to reconnect the country and its people that have turned to terrorism, pillaging and rivalry. Create your own path and avoid stranded souls, rain that ages you... and fuck you wait for the game to come out, shit is too complex mechanicaly to explain. When you die you go to fight in skeleton army unironically, this game is just too fucking crazy

Death Stranding:
>hold forward until you stumble on next backpack, you need to find biggest backpack

Kek

Fucking based

I said mechanically you dumb fanboy, you just barfed a shitton of story nonsense onto the board. Clean that up.

Kojima is the most overrated dev in history. Fact.

By far.

Because it goes hand in hand with the mechanics, its just hard to explain it all without mentioning the story for it to make sense. Terrorists engineer voidouts and control Beached Things, there are dooms and people who can sense the invisible creatures. When you die you create a voidout yourself and a huge crater will be in your place, while you fight your way through the dimension of the dead... its just too much

I like how when this game was first revealed, there was so much speculation about "what is the baby" and shit, but now that we know it's just some post-apocalypse walk & collect game, the hype has died.

Attached: oh my god.jpg (900x466, 45K)

This game is a successor to Metal Gear Solid V. It is Open World, it has the same camera, movement, interface mechanics. It has different mechanics and I don't know what the playstyle focus is on (maybe not stealth but exploration?). I doubt it has a wrong narrative since Kojima is such a movie nut.

It's MGS VI without Snake. But then again so was V

>different mechanics
different items/gimmicks (ladder etc)

kekked

here's the thing. walking simulators are awful because you just press W and that's the gameplay. if DS is set out to be a game where walking is actually a mechanic that's ok, because on paper it sounds good, exploring a difficult terrain maybe can be an enjoyable experience if done right. the problem is, if traversal is such an important aspect to the game, why don't talk about the mechanics of it? if walking is your main gameplay mechanic, the only way you can make it interesting its that it's not just pressing forward. but we haven't seen anything like that. we only saw ladders. meh.
people are right to be worried about Kojima and DS. i think the guy is a giant fucking hack and he's got his own head up his ass, but i'll give every game a chance if it looks interesting

Can't you wait for the game to be out you baboon? MgsV was almost 0 cutscenes and 100% gameplay, when everybody was expecting a 20 hours long cutscenes like mgs4.

Attached: 1000_yard_stare.png (306x290, 6K)

>reconnect America's cities by traversing the open world to deliver cargo while avoiding/fighting ghosts, monsters and human enemies on the way
People sure do like to be wilfully ignorant about this game despite it being obvious what it is.

There's a new trailer explaining all of this? Can someone provide the right link, I don't wanna crawl to YouTube to dig into the sea of convoluted shit that deathstranding trailers are just to find the right one

>Banjo-Kazooie
>FF7
>MGS
>"Nintendo"
Way to out yourself as an obsessive warfagging retard.

Attached: 1509826815946.png (273x228, 118K)

'Overrated' is a buzzword at this point. If people like Kojima it's because they like his games which is entirely subjective.

not that guy (and probably dont share his opinion but didnt read his post), but in you yourself mixed mechanics with irrelavant narrative/aesthetic elements

I will use paranthesis to show you where:

>jump over obstacles to reach the end of the level (and save the princess)
>explore levels and collect (golden jigsaw) pieces (to save your sister from the evil witch)
>scour dungeons for (magical) items (that will aid you on your adventure across hyrule) to defeat the (evil Ganon)
>pilot your starship and shoot enemies (as you traverse from planet to planet to defeat the evil Andross)
>(search for clues of the evil Sephiroth as you collect new party members and) fight enemies in ATB battles (to uncover the secrets of what’s killing your planet)
>(inflitrate shadow moses base and) stealthily make your way through (it’s labyrinthine layout), fighting bosses (along the way to uncover a conspiracy plot)

I know what you did last summer.

Attached: Untitled.png (970x950, 1.41M)

This game just looks awful. I'm not talking about the lack of gameplay, visually it just looks bad. Like a generic unreal zelda youtube video made by one person

looks comfy af, day 1 purchase

i want at least few more

NOOO IT'S A WHOLE NEW GENRE

what did he mean by this

holy fuck that animation is god awful

here is the truth youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (425x550, 65K)

Yep

Kojima has always, ALWAYS been absolute desperate to be famous, no matter the cost. It's pathetic.

Visually it looks kino as fuck.

Attached: 71S4Xo4vvmL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x844, 119K)

its almost what every Artist wants to be..hmm really makes you think.

Attached: how bing bings see ports.png (960x960, 1.25M)

I'm gonna have to give this a 2/10 user. Ultimate clearly has its own weird thing going to differentiate it from Smash 4 and Brawl.

No it doesn’t.

Here, let me break it down for you. What’s the moment to moment gameplay loop of Death Stranding.

Mario: Jump over Obstacles
Final Fantasy (very story heavy game): kill enemies in turn-based battles and gain exp
Metal Gear Solid (another very story heavy game): sneak around
Death Stranding: ????

When is something going to happen?

The Kojima hate circlejerk is ridiculous. He explicitly said it's only a hint of the gameplay and he would show more at TGS. Nobody wants to inform themselves before speaking anymore, rather get as many (You)s as possible just like Reddit.

Attached: 1446360410812.png (1280x720, 470K)

>a game where walking is actually a mechanic that's ok,
Literally: “ITS OK WHEN KOJIMBO DOES IT!”
Kojidrones on suicide watch, kek.

it really doesn't

traversing terrain and delivering, thats simple

So you’re a postman.

>have seen the barest hint of gameplay, relegated to a single area, obvious the game is alpha or very early beta
>WHATS THE GAMEPLAY?
user, stop being a fagot.

Attached: Untitled.png (970x950, 1.21M)

delivery man, blue collar worker put in a life threatening situation, not a soldier, thats what makes it interesting to me

So walking.

christ quiet is ugly

Yes, the protagonist literally said he's a delivery man in a trailer.

>mechanically
>talks about the plot

Is this the most retarded comment ever posted?
I don't know but it has the chance to win the award

If you ignore everything else there is to do in the game, then yes its only walking

And the drivel he delivered had like two words vaguely describing mechanics, and a wall of text vomiting story on me. And I say vomiting cause you couldn’t even make sense of it.

Ultimate is actually good though. It should be Melee 2.0 desu.

>MUH MECHANICS
>*lists a bunch of shit that isnt mechanics*
also
>MUH ELEVATOR PITCH
Smoothbrain.

Worse, walking and fetch-questing.

>fetch quests: the game
How is this a new genre? This was the norm back in PS2 JRPGs.

>MGSV didn't break even
Nice fake news

like Joosten herself, her bottom lip is too fat and gives her a dopey undeebite

No, the norm was an evil church of some kind.

>jumping over obstacles
>collectan
>sneakan
>Not mechanics
No user, the smoothbrain is you.

the game sure not the fox engine

I can't convince you. It's the most beautiful post apocalyptic setting I've seen in a game. I can only assume you have poor taste.

Attached: 453411375.jpg (3840x2160, 929K)

>smelees still seething

Attached: laughs in freedom.jpg (274x266, 32K)

That’s not a mechanic.

>purposefully skipping the many things that are not mechanical, but narrative
You dun goofed, user, now eat it and shut up.

Neither is a "fetch quest".

Where did I say it was a new genre.

whoa....... ruined buildings......... AND rain......... bravo kojimbo.......................

Funny, but most video games, even movie games, put gameplay on the forefront. Hell, even previous Kojima titles did this. But DS has shown us very little gameplay and none of it meaningful. What’s it about? It’s a simple question. What am I supposed to do in this game? I could give two fucks about the story after the narrative turd that was MGSV so sell me on the gameplay. After all, this hipster cunt is claiming to have invented a new genre, but we’ve yet to see any evidence of that.

Kojima did.

What % of the budget went to celebrities?

does the average gamer really care about celebs?

So, what’s DS about? Stop dodging the question, what are you supposed to do. Go on, explain it to me. What’s so innovative about this game that it deserves “a new genre?”

You really didn't have to overcomplicate things this much.

Damn this show was ahead of its time.
based
what is this, tabula rasa? reminds me of a game i played shitty mmo from like 10 years ago.

>it's another cinematic over the shoulder walking simulator

Attached: karl.png (452x387, 278K)

you can't be sold on the gameplay since it wasn't shown, kojima said yesterday he will show gameplay on the tokyo game show and only tease it a little bit on the gamescom

so going on about this is pointless

fpbp

You seem to be expecting a whole lot from a teaser promo of a game that is months, if not years from completion, user.
You know what other teaser preview showed little gameplay?
FFVII Remake.
Clearly about getting from A to B in a surprisingly hostile world set in a fantastical apocalyptic future.
Unlike you, I'm not gonna sperg out because I want (you)s, and wait for more info, like I have been since SNES days.

Well, then you can scratch off “delivery” from the list of mechanics in DS then.

yeah but this time it's a little japanese fella

>Keanu was the highlight of E3 for normalfags
Yes

So, people are “hyped” for a GAME that hasn’t shown any GAMEPLAY yet? Kojima btfo all the haters HOW exactly? Are you okay in the head? Or are you missing brain cells?

Yeah but how old is he?

I don't give a fuck what dumb shit he says. I'm talking about the game based on what we've been shown from it. It's a game about making deliveries, if that doesn't interest you then just move on with your life.
I don't see why people still choose to be ignorant about the game and act like it's some huge mystery when they've already shown the main gameplay mechanics and explained the premise.

FFVIIR showed far more gameplay in one trailer than DS has done in YEARS, and ITS not claiming to have invented a new genre.

well he claims he's 50 but I dunno if I believe it

It looks like an UE4 demo

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

No it doesn't

>Clearly about getting from A to B
That sure is an obtuse way of saying “walking simulator” without admitting it.

they are hyped for kojima's new game since they liked his past games, as with all hype there is no reasonable justified evidence
im not gonna justify retards saying he btfo'd anyone with his trailer, and im not going to take your brainlet side either
just calm down

You never see a sort of 35 year old one do you

Because it’s being hyped up by the whole gaming industry as the second coming of Christ with Kojima fanboys getting arrogant about it despite being ANOTHER walking sim. If Kojima was more humble and didn’t pretend he was making a new genre, I’d have less of an issue. Especially when new genres get made all the time, but only Kojima gets dick sucked for pretending to do that.

You are working very hard, user, have a (you), don't spend it all in one place!

so much fucking this, I can't stress this enough. Hideo Insectoid made Metal Gear Survived but as he was fired he bailed out taking no responsibility and all the retardoids rushed to defend him.

>All the butthurt anons ITT bitching about animation and graphics or the fact that a 20-second clip doesn't have action in it because they're so desperate to complain they have to reach for blatantly dishonest straws
lmao fucking pathetic. Gonna buy this day 1 and have tons of fun with it

I mean he looks about 20

What if I didn’t like his past games past a specific one, and am skeptical about this one, and wanna be convinced if it’ll be good or not, but all I get are obtuse answers from fanboys not willing to admits there’s nothing of substance at all. Just pointless pretentious hipster garble.

Attached: world premiere death stranding gameplay.gif (300x170, 1.84M)

Fucking kek.

>Especially when new genres get made all the time
Such as?
I mean, you had DMC, which started a genre.
Demon Souls arguably started a genre, as well as Borderlands.
What "All the time" are you talking about?

Why are you depending on other people to determine your interests for you?
What kind of underageb& are you?
Shut up, watch the trailers, figure out if you want to see more.

you want to be convinced on pure speculation (that is available) but require evidence (that isn't available). you are going to have to wait pal

90% of indie games experiment with new gameplay concepts all the time. Also, you mentioned DaS, and let’s throw LoL into the mix as well. Also, how about PUBG, and TF2. Cadence of Hyrule. Splatoon. I could go on...

Where are these people that are supposedly sucking Kojima's dick? The only person I've seem doing that unironically is the Pope.
Yea Forums's in non-stop Kojima hate circlejerk mode, same with most other gaming sites. The most positive comments I've seen since the gameplay reveal is just people joking about the pissing mechanics.

Japanese devs can make even the walking simulators play great.
However Kojimbles and his rag tag bunch of exiles are westaboos and MGSV was a 6/10 game so I can't vouch for Death Stranding before the release.

Attached: 1563390981022.jpg (403x444, 48K)

>shut up and consume goy
>kojimbo can do no wrong, how dare you defile his name
Nice.

>Here's my baseless speculation, I can't stress this enough

>Splatoon
You mean Peach Beach Splash?
And no, indie games resurrect concepts that you would find in games from the early and mid 90s, but zoomers forgot they existed.

How do you interpret 'make your own mind up' as 'shut up and consume'? God I feel my IQ dropping from reading this board.

Attached: 1446953174561.jpg (704x396, 35K)

user, it's kinda sad you are trying to twist being told to be a grown man and decide what you want for yourself on your own measure into the exact thing you are demanding other people do for you.

God I know right? How dare people speak about our lord and saviour based Kojima like that? Why can’t they just blindly accept that everything he touches is infallable?

EDIT: WOW THANKS FOR THE GOLD GUYS!

@474815703

Attached: 1546037241184.jpg (1067x1198, 205K)

Upvoted my fellow Redditor. EPIC meme! Rofl XD!

Kill yourself you don't sound clever.

@474815949

Attached: 1552420663258.jpg (819x800, 122K)

He isn't friends with Carpenter nor asked for his cameo, and he made his career

Attached: 06509881909.png (2000x1921, 636K)

I'm just looking forward to the bullshit

>474815949

Attached: 1561153405443.gif (258x194, 962K)

It's not even an interesting environment to explore.

This looks worse than No Man's Sky.

its decima engine retard.

its a strand game. nuff said

>1 game is suppose to fund the development of an entire game engine.
The Idea is to use the engine on multiple games, user.

HIRE

Death Stranding:
WALK AROUND SHAKING BABIES AND TAKE A WHIZ

MGR was so great. It needs a sequel.

based kojimbo triggering the shit out of zoom zooms by only showing cutscenes, walking and pissing.
you little retards didn't get to see le ebin gun shooting gameplay and people dressed like bananas and dabbing or whatever for once and it's making you so mad LMAO

WOW, YOU CAN WALK, SO MUCH GAMEPLAY TO MASTER!

It’s mgs4 all over again isn’t it

I'm a boomer and Kojima is a hack

Yes, it was, and does.

Attached: 1558172197833.gif (416x234, 2M)

What was with the graphics for Del Toro? Looked like some weird shaky alpha footage in that cutscene where they're in the lab. His mouth animations seemed weird too

>Oh WOW!

Attached: IMG_1589.jpg (750x682, 137K)

OP you have shit taste

Attached: IMG_0998.png (644x800, 15K)

Holy shit, newfags finally learned how to blankpost

KONAMI

>sneak around a base, fight bosses, watch a lot of cutscenes, remote control a missile launcher, more cutscenes, rappel minigame, cutscenes, environmental puzzles, more cutscene, sniper minigame, cutscene, 1v1 fighting game, cutscene, turret section and more cutscene.
Man, MGS1 was one hell of a game.

based
at least it's not another ">." thread

nice avatar usage