1080TI ftw

does this card die easily? I already had to rma 2 times because of the "rendering device lost" error.

Attached: 14-487-376-V01.jpg (640x480, 48K)

had mine since 2017 no problems so far
my cpu on the other hand now thats a problem

Stop mining bitcoin

>I already had to rma 2 times because of the "rendering device lost" error.
that's EVGA for you, they got best warranty for a reason.

If you bought a mining card, your VRAM was probably dead on arrival
I'm not sure why it would happen after getting a replacement

I'm getting a lot of GPU freezes in all types of games, even shitty ones like Prison Architect (as well as higher-tier ones, like Hitman 2). My temps are fine. I've been trying all different versions of drivers which sometimes at least turn a CTD into a simple screen freeze that resumes after a few seconds. But I've been wondering about this myself - whether the GPU is just shit or if there's a glitch in my setup somewhere that I can't nail down.
t. MSI 1080ti

Bought mine (Gigabyte Aorus) in 2017, sold it this March, never had to RMA and guy I sold it to didn't contact me since so I assume it's still doing fine.
Come to think of it I never had a GPU die on me.

Do you have both the 8pin cables on the same rail or on separate ones?
I had it one just one and occasionally it would trip OCP restarting my computer.

Don't buy used graphics cards retards.

There's nothing wrong with buying used, you just have to be smart about it.

Bought mine day one March 2017 and it's still going strong. Seeing some strange funky color artifacts in a few games which has me worried, but it might just be my overclock being unstable or it might just be shit code. I don't know.

Why would you not buy a used flagship when the new flagship launches?

Half the price and still 99th percentile performance in the entire landscape

no offense but spotted the poorfag
never buy used pc parts thanks to crypto mining

Warranty is a big fuck you when you do it, and Pascal is not as easy to find as others were in the past.
The used market suffers because the new cards are underperformers, and AMD/Intel have yet to push out competitive designs. It could be late 2020 before we see any big releases.

>spotted the poorfag
Sure buddy. You looked into the mirror today?
>never buy used pc parts thanks to crypto mining
Not all used cards were used for crypto and even those that were don't necessarily have anything wrong with them.
Buy a card that still has warranty on it and you're fine.

Even cards that have been used for crypto are usually fine

That's what I just said.

You're very unlikely to get warranty support for a dead memory chip when you don't have proof of purchase, if that were to happen. But I'm sure the card that was running overvolted for months on end was in spec and will last just as long as any other.

Post specs rich boi.

You think the average bitcoin miner retard was smart enough to overvolt for more performance?

>don't have proof of purchase
Which is why you only buy if the seller has the original bill.
Are you American or something? This is very simple.

>bitcoin miner
>overvolted
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I was going to buy a new gpu and then the ion cucks gave money to pedos

Yes, I do. Either that, or too dumb to use proper cooling methods.
Warranty can be very restrictive varying by brand and available stock. Pascal has been out of production, so it's already an uphill battle. It's likely that if you didn't register the product, many companies will turn you away by citing user error since they don't want to replace your broken card with a current model.

mine are pretty basic but anyone who even thinks about buying a used graphics card after the crypto mining fad is obviously not doing well

Attached: speccy.jpg (706x506, 75K)

I DID NOT BUY A USED CARD. It just failed for no reason after playing overwatch.

Doing better than you for sure.

Attached: speccy_newestest.png (833x597, 45K)

>overwatch
Your shit taste killed it

>Warranty can be very restrictive
>didn't register the product
So you are an American, bitch boy.
2 years warranty minimum, virtually all major brands come with 3. No registrations, no restrictions.

>core i7
>60hz
I really pity you