Square Enix's Avengers prologue gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=eqGZwz3GUII

Why does the sound design on Thor feel so weak?
And why the fuck will they not show the deeper systems they keep talking about and just keep showing the prologue?
And why the fuck did they make an Avengers game before more solo games like Spider-Man?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/preview/2019/08/20/play-progress-and-customize-your-heroes-how-you-want
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ANT-MAN 3

widowmakers ass is the only appealing thing here

Attached: 1566199639719.jpg (720x405, 68K)

Why does this look worse than fucking Spider-Man?

because spider-man was made by insomniac who know what they're doing?

>And why the fuck did they make an Avengers game before more solo games like Spider-Man?
1, Because Spider-Man is a solid superhero that can carry his own movies, games and comics on his own and when he shows up in other heroes stuff, he's outshines them.
2, Because Insomniac is a competent developer.

More like Spiderman was made by one team and not 7 or 8 spread around the world.

>move
>cut scene
>attack 3 enemies
>cut scene
>mid fight between new set of enemies
>cut scene
how exactly are you gonna be able to co op this?

Seperate missions for SP and MP

>tfw no super stylish Platinum Heroes 4 Hire game

Attached: 913S9F4ok6L.jpg (1412x2176, 673K)

>And why the fuck did they make an Avengers game before more solo games like Spider-Man?
if you don't know, they actually made a couple of solo games for the main avengers, Hulk ultimate destruction is the best Hulk game. They made a decent Captain America beat em up. A really shitty iron man (actually two) game, and a boring thor game. This looks like a combo of all the games. gonna average around a 7.5

they're not showing deeper systems because they don't exist. You cannot expect deeper systems from an avenger game. Large cast with huge differences between the cast are going to be extremely taxing on the development, and the target audience they're going for don't want deeper systems anyway. They want pretty graphics.

Nah, there is, they showed them to the audience at E3

Yes but those were all pre-Marvel Games forming. Now they've got this dude who's meant to be there Feige

Attached: file.png (1170x780, 1.06M)

Is that Laura Bailey and Troy Baker as Black Widow and Taskmaster?

Attached: butt.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

that actually makes sense as to why this game is taking so long. Make SP missions, then do it for each member of the avengers. Then make MP missions around all avengers accounting for their powers. that's 5 SP missions for the same event in the story with different game play mechanic, and then make MP missions based off the same event but combining all game play mechanic.

The main campaign is singleplayer only.

wait what? really? well shit. was giving the game a pass since it was doing multiplayer co op campaign.

>we could've gotten another masterpiece like Deus Ex Mankind Divided but instead we get this shitty generic Marvel cash grab God of War wannabe garbage

Life is suffering.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x268, 2.89M)

This looks like crap.

>we could've gotten another masterpiece like Deus Ex Mankind Divided

>nu-DX
>masterpiece
When did zoomers become so rampant on Yea Forums?

Attached: 17327128128.jpg (2000x2000, 895K)

holy shit they actually did the impossible
they made the fucking HULK boring to play as
i bet you cant even throw people into stratosphere like in Ultimate Destruction

Attached: paul-pelletier-incredible-hulks-no-635-cover-hulk-crushing-glasses_a-G-13467745-5027768.jpg (373x488, 38K)

Black Widow looks like Kristen Scott

Capeshit is so fucking cringy.

Attached: fucking nigger.jpg (1000x1536, 556K)

If anything, The Boys is anti-capeshit.

Attached: 1434857328199.png (1024x1052, 820K)

>tfw my gf has finally come around to fingering my asshole
Feels amazing lads

>The Boys is anti-capeshit
I know, I like it even if it reaches anime villain levels of pointless edginess at times.

Why do they keep trying so hard to insert Khamala Khan

>Slow pace combat
>No combos
>No ragdoll
>No fun

Is fucking shit

>their Kevin fiege
He keeps saying they will make a marvel game universe when no company is willing to do it

>>Slow pace combat
>>No combos
>>No ragdoll
>>No fun
>Is fucking shit

What did you expect? These are the same developers who made the new DX games, which don't even have melee combat. They're incompetent.

Attached: 1238812812.jpg (117x180, 11K)

Because she's a Muslim girl, they're the "thing" right now. Hoping to see more disabled black/Mexican gay boys who worship Stalin, that's gonna be the next fad

aaaaand in the trash it goes

So what is it you actually do in the game? We only saw interactable cut scenes and hyper linear mission structures. They even made a Taskmaster that looks worse than the one we are getting in the Black Widow movie.

If I want my cape-fix, I will just play Spider-man or MUA3 again rather than this.

We have gay boys already with Wiccan and Hulkling. But FUCK Wiccan he's an annoying bitch, Teddy is too good for him

Kamala is one of the few new diversity characters that people like, but I have a feeling this game or a future movie will fuck her up.

>Hulk ultimate destruction
I fucking loved that game, my dad and brothers would all gather round the tv to watch me play it. Even caught my dad playing it himself once.

basically Destiny with the Avengers with Hero missions being storyheavy solo shit and another mission type that im pretty sure are relatively random generated horde / defense / whatever shit

tho desu if its a looter shooter (seeing as gear can affect how we play quite a bit) it might be relatively fun

Kill a few enemies in a small arena, do some QTEs, watch a cutscene. Repeat for about 5 hours. The multiplayer side missions will be the same minus the cutscenes.

Wow that image is fucking terrible. Are you forgetting the tiny levels and constant load screens in IW? The lack of any real exploration or ability to approach objectives in different ways? I’m not saying HR was amazing, but it was better by miles than fucking IW. MD isn’t as bad as people claim either.

How do you fuck up the Iron Man/Hulk gameplay when the developers of Just Cause sitting in the office next to you?

If thats it then I will probably skip this, or wait until it gets some good content.

I will probably try it with a "I wonder how badly they can fuck up what Wolverine: Origins did so fucking well" mindset

It's insane how fucking good that game was.

Awful, pure trash.

Looks like a cheap bootleg MCU.

>Thor uses the weight of his hammer to fly
>Can still pause mid-air and hold his hammer regularly

What the fuck?

It's like all the worst elements of the Batman and Spiderman games without any hint of self-awareness.

>widowmaker

NOT LONG NOW BOYS

Attached: 1566291336795.jpg (1200x600, 153K)

>give players controller of a character who can fly
>don't actually let them fly

The hammer doesn't actually move, it's everything else that moves around him.

Finally, some good fucking content in this thread

Attached: 1556546013735.png (750x545, 688K)

>Cap's costume
>Laura Bailey
>Black Widow can take on Taskmaster
Dropped

You know what would be a cool capeshit game, an mmo based on the underwater kingdoms from the aquaman movie.

This game looks like shit, the only character that didn't just straight up KILL everyone indiscriminately is Captain America. Hulk, a several ton beast, can do a smash on a piece of debris that is barely clinging onto an already broken bridge and shit's alright. Is every dev in 2019 a retard?

inb4 "muh videjo gaym about superheros not need realism" manchild argument.

The suspension of disbelief can only do so much, there is a point where anyone who has above 70 IQ just goes "fuck this". How would you ever be able to get immersed in a world if that world is not believable?

>Black Widow can take on Taskmaster
never understood how the Taskmaster can be beaten by any character that relies on martial arts and limited tech

None of those heroes have No Kill rule tho?

>suspension of disbelief
Here we go again with this. Nice buzzwords user

>Hawkeye is not even in the collar of Khamala

>another masterpiece like Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Attached: 1560128712068.png (498x443, 79K)

Hawkeye isn't a founding Avenger in comics. It is weird how they almost did a full MCU Avengers 1 cast but for some reason didn't include him.

I'm hoping my boy Pym and Wasp are in-universe founding Avengers

Attached: file.png (1280x718, 872K)

Cap wasn't a founding Avenger either. They found him a couple issues after they were formed.

>Hawkeye isn't a founding Avenger in comics.
Neither is Captain America or Black Widow

Funny how cap went from a literal walking joke to the MC of Marvel. They didn't even change his character that much.

speaking of cap what happened to that hail hydra shit that blew up like last year or whenever

>Game about being a SUPERHERO

>Just indiscriminate killing, no gameplay elements that make you feel like there are civilians in danger that you are responsible for, either civilians are in danger and you can't do shit or you save them as part of the objective. Civilians don't die or survive based on your skill in protecting them or defeating the bad guys.

>You are basically just a glorified mercenary, the only reason for your superpowers is so you can kill more people, not so you can be a hero.

Nice cherrypicking and selective eyesight you have if you think suspension of disbelief is a buzzword. Do you even fucking know the definition of a buzzword or are you just another fucking gorilla regurgitating "le epic funny Yea Forums grownup words" without knowing exactly what it is that you are saying?

>pic
Is that Ms Muslim? Did they make her a fangirl because "lol that's so random guys"

She's always been a fan girl you fucking retard

not too familiar with her but hasn't she always been kind of a fangirl? Or at least really knowledgeable in Marvel trivia?

They liked it so much that they put it in the highest grossing movie of all time.

This video game is tailored towards the lowest common denominator. Just blowing shit up and beating up the bad guys. Like every other game on the system.

With how shit ff15 was I hope this stupid marvel game tanks and kills them off. Them fuckers can't even port fft to modern consoles ffs

Hail Hydra was cosmic cube modifying the past. Ended with a Cosmic Cube recreating original Steve and Hydra Steve going to jail. I think he's still alive?

lol I don't read Marvel comics.

l thought Gwenpool was the fangirl.

only new marvel character that's actually good

Gwenpool is an IRL fangirl who got transported in universe and is 4th wall aware.

Kamala is an in-universe fangirl.

Normalfags have god awful taste. This and Fucking Finished 7 decades from now Part 1 will succeed because standards are so low you'd think these games were what was made in the 90s and games in the 90s were made now because we've done nothing but downgrade gameplay for the past 2 and a bit decades..

Visually it looks good.The combat needs to be sped up. Attacks need more color and flare. Look at Hulk. The green effect on his moves is literally "puny". Hopefully the levels beyond the movie team look more colorful and interesting. Right now the game looks grey, dark, and boring like every Super Hero movie. Which is what they're going for I guess. But fuck me if that isn't actually soulless.

The Taskmaster fight looked fucking lame. In Spiderman he's quick, uses your own moves, and is treated like somewhat of a threat. Here he's jokingly jobberized.

this

they're both pretty cute together not gonna lie

Attached: tumblr_o1023boxRu1rsus6so1_540[1].jpg (540x378, 112K)

Robbie Reyes was cool before Aaron got his hands on him

Attached: 3801970-all_new_ghost_rider_transformation_by_tradd-d7fs7qo.jpg (688x1526, 1.24M)

>calls Thor "Odinson" in the objective marker
Really odd they would do that.

Attached: odinson.jpg (1052x578, 96K)

Ah fuck they're gonna do Jane Thor

>inb4 "muh videjo gaym about superheros not need realism" manchild argument.
Maybe you need to read actual comics a bit more.

Before the MCU there were 2 verison of captain america. The first was Captain Superman who basically focuses on the "american way" part of DC's MC while having 0 of the powers to back it up and requires more plot armor than batman to stay relevant. This is the good version.

The other version is Captain Misplaced Patriotism who goes around believing in the inherent moral superiority of a landmass in an existence with billions of alternate realities and creatures far beyond human comprehension. This is the version that gets screencapped a lot.

user I know you have movies on your mind, but this isn't film, it's videogames

I feel bad that I don't recognize this, but I'm scared to venture outside of the initial Gwenpool run because everyone says everything else starring her is so fucking bad.

They also put "I Am Iron Man" when it switches to Tony. Maybe it's just the first missions having fun character references to playing as them without just saying the names.

Hulk's says HULK SMASH

Man-faced Black Widow

Attached: 3552131-black_widow[1].png (825x464, 154K)

>Removing the best Avenger for half the game in the prologue

What the fuck would comics have to do with that statement? Comics are for manchildren.

>it's videogames
Could've fooled me

Nice made up argument bro, stop speaking in riddles and give us a straight point.

>game is just running forward and hitting button prompts in-between shallow bamham combat
>probably because it's a tutorial, but it's still a poor showing
>SYNERGY with the characters being crap versions of their movie selves that shit out quips
>voices and writing are bad
this looks like a skip
>Kamala
a really painful skip because Kamala is great

Caps voice sucks
Caps costume sucks
Captain Islam sucks
No Spiderman sucks
No Doctor Strange sucks

>everything is too slow
>QTEs out the ass in fucking 2019, even Spider-man ps4 was already pushing it last year
>enemies barely attack you
>most likely this is the biggest setpiece in the entire game
I had no hopes for it and I am still disappointed

>everything is too slow
This was my biggest gripe. Everyone's moves are slow as fuck but the animation kills are nicely paced. Cutscene fight mocaps look good but everything that you can play looks slow as fuck. That Ironman chase sequence looked like it was going at 5mph.

I know they want to do their own thing but the MCU has done such a great job with many characters, why not go for more of a comic aesthetic instead?

Attached: Black_Widow.jpg (1161x1800, 572K)

Extremely gay.

but they love Superman

Why does it take thor so many hits to take out a regular soldier?

How the hell does Black Widow look like the most fun character to play? She's got like guns and melee and the hook thing, looks like there's a lot you can do with her. Same with Cap, depending on how deep the shield fighting is, could be pretty fun.
IM needs to show more of what you can do with him, but just flying and shooting is meh.
Thor is boring as fuck, and the ultimate sin is that they made playing with Hulk look unfun.
In a normal videogame you would be able to pick up any big car as Hulk and just throw it around, but here it's one prompt in a specific moment in the game (maybe you can do it more later but I dunno). And lmao they made him slow, they still haven't learned from the perfect Hulk videogame.
But honestly EVERYTHING's slow.

I'm a Sonyfag so I found the Taskmaster fight pretty good, it's mostly an active cutscene but at least it's exciting, was a pretty good setpiece.

The rest is just fucking shit, every costume besides BW's (straight-up the MCU look) is terrible, Thor's is a disaster.
The characters look fucking ugly, Kamala "cute" Khan looks ugly as hell, the voice-acting feels weird, and the overral look of "we're like the MCU but not" just ruins what could be a game with it's own look and feel. I mean just listen to how the theme is "not The Avengers theme by not Alan Silvestri".
They should have tried to stand out.

At least Black Widow's ass looks pretty good ngl

Attached: 1566243600654.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

they are all worthy of being Thor's adversary

>No Spiderman sucks
>No Doctor Strange sucks
these, having just the original 5 is boring.
Call me up when Avengers 3 for the PS5 lets you play as an actual fun character like Strange or Ant-Man

Additional characters will be released at later dates (at no additional cost, if they stay true to their word).

Ant-Man(Hank pym) is in These guys are just the starting roster, apparently there's way more coming and since its a Games a Service shindig they'll be adding more over time

With capeshit you either keep it "grounded" or go all out, that's why the grounded shit looks much better than the rest because they didn't put all the effort a Hulk/Thor/Ironman simulator requires to be fun

I don't get why PS4 Spidey tried its hard to seperate itself from MCU Spidey but this isn't

>he doesn't know that Overwatch takes place in the MCU

oh shit there might be hope then. I know /myguys/ are never making into the game but if there's a well-implemented Ant-Man then I'm in

>at no additional cost, if they stay true to their word
They won't. Literally the only devs that do now a days are indies and even that is rare.

>hitting people with a big hammer
>sounds like a tin bat
The fuck?

Probably because Squeenix wants to bank on the name and "I understood that character" alone and is funneling money into it for the graphics rather than the actual gameplay. From the get-go Insomniac planned to be separate and their own thing, Squeenix seems to have looked at that and gone "Nah, we'll do some changes but make it a lot like the MCU".

This is what I'm here for. Post more.

>Games a Service
I mean, the game already looked boring as fuck but now...

Attached: Buzz off.gif (300x210, 2.45M)

How bout they just give us a complete game that's actually worth the price

only saving grace of this game

Yeah but they have people like Marvel Games overlooking it, you think they'd step in at some point to say "Stop, go your own way"

I wanna know who's writing the main story. Christos Gage wrote Spidey PS4 and he's a damn good Spidey writer. This feels like they found a writer who's a "comic book fan" as opposed to an actual comic book writer

Silly user, it's the current year. You'll eat this half finished shit and enjoy it.

>People like

That’s a lie. Her comics have sold like shit and whatever series she was in that wasn’t canceled ended up having to “come to a conclusion” faster than the writer wanted it to because they could never make enough cash to support a long running series.

The thing is that Marvel Games didn't do that until Insomniac brought the idea to the table of going their own way so I imagine Squeenix is too scared to bring it up and risk angering Marvel when, according to Insomniac at GDC, they were incredibly open and willing to work with them however they wanted as long as it didn't go too far off the deep end or change Spidey's core entirely.

>Her comics have sold like shit
The G W Wilson comics(in particular trades) sold really well before she got shilled into every other book because god forbid you don't show up in a team book

I guess it depends on how well it will sell.
If it sells like crazy, they might actually give us characters for free. If it underperforms, pay up goy.

those are character build names bros

Yes she’s was created after they turned Captain Marvel into a feminist dyke. Both Khan and Captain are both extremely shit

it feels like they are using the lego engine without lego graphics

just gimme tons of customization, senpai

Attached: Black_Widow3.jpg (853x1280, 69K)

Fuck. I hate how right you are.

This
if I can't have Winter Soldier Black Widow there's no reason to even pick up this shit

Attached: zdxz0vrti2321[1].jpg (1280x1920, 127K)

They should've just focused on making a Captain America: The Winter Soldier game instead. Cap and Nat had the best gameplay.

damn this outfit looks like shit

Attached: chrome_bpJGkXkVEl.png (934x714, 761K)

Looks straight out of Brink.
I'm surprised that Todd still remembered that game but didn't release the sequel, just made it free-to-play.

No, they didn't. This is the exact same demo from E3.

>straight hair
Superior Black Widow coming through

Attached: the_avengers_black_widow_keyart3_hd_zps151009fa.jpg (1000x889, 159K)

I can stomach the ghetto looking hood and the tacticool gear but that mask is awful.

listen sweaty

Attached: Black_Widow4.jpg (750x750, 38K)

based
for me it's
Avengers 1 > Winter Soldier > Iron Man 2 > Avengers 2 > Endgame > Infinity War > shit > Civil War

Attached: 6gu156nikxbz[1].jpg (1144x1020, 181K)

Those shields on the guns might me the most retarded way I've seen to break your trigger finger I've ever seen.

ANT-MAN 3 ANNOUNCEMENT COMING THIS WEEKEND AT D23

It doesn't look that good.
If it is good then I will buy used

they just found a director for the hawkeye series on disney plus will be announced at d23

In an attempt to make Taskmaster's design less goofy looking and more tacticool at least I can fucking tell it's Taskmaster.

Attached: taskmaster black widow movie.jpg (742x582, 101K)

I fucking wish

yall gotta fuckin chil the game is not done yet assholes stop the god damn hating

trust me this weekend

Crystal Dynamics doesn't do Deus Ex.

dude they still working on the damn game its gonna look a lot better when its finished

I know it's the first level but it looks way too much on rails

>Western " ' (( ?art? )) ' "

Not in the demo, and I was wrong it was at SDCC, they showed the audience the move customization etc,

Comes out in May. The asset team is probably already working on post-launch content

Her Cap and Hulk seemed like the only characters worth playing. Such a shame. I really feel like playing as Thor and Iron Man should be way more fun than that. Maybe they'll be more fun when you unlock more abilities.

Taskmaster's fight looked boring as fuck. Even for the first boss in the game, it should've been more involving than that.

>the voice-acting feels weird, and the overral look of "we're like the MCU but not" just ruins what could be a game with it's own look and feel. I mean just listen to how the theme is "not The Avengers theme by not Alan Silvestri".
Completely agree with this shit though. It's weird. Like for an Avengers game, the IP that's arguably the biggest on the planet right now, it feels like it has no personality. Fucking MUA3 had more personality than this. Maybe even MvCI too.

>fighting a bunch of evil terrorists blowing up the Golden Gate Bridge
>turns out they have a "sonic bomb"
>"A sonic bomb!? I thought the UN outlawed those things years ago!"
who writes this shit

Attached: 1553758262694.jpg (400x266, 19K)

awesome we getting the black widow movie and avengers game in may

Taskmaster felt too "on-rails" and clunky, like a bad Bamham bossfight. If they wanted to do cinematic bullshit they might as well have copied the Deathstroke boss from Arkham Origins.

Thor also looks extremely bland, his punch lack impact and overall he feels like a discount version of God of War. Hulk seems like he sucks as well for the same reason.

From what i saw Cap gameplay is literally BamHam, at some points it even seemed to have those "counter" prompts pop up over enemies's heads.

While each hero has a "thing" it doesn't feel fleshed out yet. Hopefully the avengers can get more heros, better missions and more skills and different combat scenarios to play to their strengths and weaknesses while keeping these graphics. It would be nice. Right now a solid 6/10. Keep the graphics, ramp up what makes the heros different, create scenarios where only certain heros can do certain missions and make them amazing and it'll easily be bumped to 8/10. Good DLC "Costumes, Heros, and Hero specific missions" could arguably make this game 10/10 avengers game.

Attached: 63611544510437076964939708_636016045463548403-1141137312_635935160236280609575526844_lottery-winner- (2500x1407, 1.11M)

>Taskmaster felt too "on-rails" and clunky, like a bad Bamham bossfight. If they wanted to do cinematic bullshit they might as well have copied the Deathstroke boss from Arkham Origins.
Looked better than any Bamham fight just on principle of those fights being garbage in general.

>Thor also looks extremely bland, his punch lack impact and overall he feels like a discount version of God of War. Hulk seems like he sucks as well for the same reason.
At least it looks like they tried giving Hulk some unique mechanics, like grabbing enemies and throwing them, pulling concrete out of the ground and slamming it down, etc.

>From what i saw Cap gameplay is literally BamHam, at some points it even seemed to have those "counter" prompts pop up over enemies's heads.
Nah, seemed less magnetized than Bamham shit. That alone makes it superior since it means that dodging, spacing, and movement actually mean something. Now all we have to see if they actually DO anything with that by fleshing out the combat, and designing enemies and bosses to be a challenge that requires extensive knowledge of the combat system and actually tests your reflexes.

Why the fuck are those puny human soldiers trying to punch the freaking hulk? They might as try punching a tank for all good it will do.

go back

>Hopefully the avengers can get more heros,
So far, it's looking like the human Avengers are more fun, so I'm hoping they give us Black Panther and make him fun to play. Feels like something they'd save for the sequel though, since it's guaranteed money.

Black Widow actually has the most possilbity of having good gameplay, when she grabbed her guns it made me instantly think of Tomb Raider. She could have some interesting platforming/exploration sequences. Everyone else looks boring, Thor should have gone up the CRAZY levels a lot more, he feels too grounded and slow. Even God of Onions combat is more fast-paced.

I'll give them another try to make Thor and Hulk fight more interesting enemies other than random human mooks. Thor should have some mythological monsters to fight against

somebody post that what if peggy crater captain america comic for me plz

>a sonic bomb
>a tonic bomb
>a tomic bomb
>atomic bomb
Devs are just being 2subtle4u with their antiwar message.

>Hulk needs 3 punches to take out one minion
>Takes around 1 minute to defeat 5 goons

>Cap can one hit minions
>Can instant kill multiple goons in 3 seconds

Kek, the strongest avengers feels like the weakest, Thor and Hulk absolutly mogged by Cap and tin man.

Attached: 1566244899305.jpg (416x416, 55K)

What were they thinking with Iron Man's gameplay? A slow floating third person shooter with dodge buttons. If they're going to have multiple characters playable they really need to make them each feel unique, like having Iron Man taking on fight jet drones or something like that, Black widow should be a stealth section, Thor should be the huge melee crowd fights and big boss fights, Cap should be the human sized boss fights and crowd fights. Hulk can do whatever I guess.

Selene killed Hydra Cap

Point being why the hell would a bunch of psycho terrorists care what the UN bans? They're already blowing up the Golden Gate and the rest of the city, all bets are off on what they're willing to do at that point.

/autistic complaint

How long was this in development? It looks and plays like a launch title at best. Not something releasing at the ass end of the generation.

whats wrong wit u

>t.jawlet and chinlet

Taking on America and the Avengers is dangerous, but they don't want to fuck with the UN. They wouldn't win

Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man ALL feel like they should be way more CUHRAYZEE and fight way more interesting enemies. Honestly starting off with human thugs, even ones with more advanced tech, is an odd place to start with the three of them.

Ah shit, take it that was in Coates' run? Seems like a waste

>you cannot expect good gameplay from your video games

Gameplay wise looks like it was made a decade ago, visually is what you expect from a licensed game...

everybody shut the fuck up yall buying this shit on the first day

This is going to be a slog. Every decision has to be filtered through an executive higher up in Marvel and Disney so development is going to be tedious and inefficient. Insomniac went for a better option by divorcing itself from the canon. Meant they didn't have the mouse breathing down their necks.

>by divorcing itself from the canon
What do you mean? This isn't MCU canon, this its own universe as well(And potentially the same universe as Spidey, though not confirmed)

design will look better when the game is done

just warfame it

gameinformer.com/preview/2019/08/20/play-progress-and-customize-your-heroes-how-you-want

>As we already know, Avengers is an original story focused on the superhero team’s fall from grace. The A-Day celebration meant to laud the Avengers backfires as a surprise attack on the Golden Gate Bridge serves as little more than a distraction for the heroes as the real threat involved blowing up the Avengers’ Helicarrier and leveling much of San Francisco. As the city struggles to pick up the pieces, anger and blame falls on the shoulders of the iconic Marvel heroes.

>Putting The Power In My Hands
>This attack sequence serves as the introduction and tutorial of the game. As such, it introduces you to the five playable heroes in rapid succession. I start out as Thor, who wields his mighty hammer Mjolnir. Using the hammer, I bash generic gun-toting enemies over the head with combinations that combine light and heavy attacks. Enemies attack Thor from all directions, but indicators appearing over heads and from edges of the screen alert me of incoming strikes. With a simple press of a button, Thor dodges and opens the enemy for attacks. Thor’s melee combat feels competent, but basic. It’s only once I start using his powers that the encounters feel exciting. Using the god’s lightning, I annihilate the enemies around Thor, finally giving me the power fantasy that should come with controlling the son of Odin. Once I knock around some generic troops on the ground, enemies appear on top of the armored trucks, but Thor can easily dispatch of them by tossing Mjolnir their way. Performing ranged attacks works just how you’d think they would: the left trigger lets you aim, while the right trigger fires. For Thor, that means hurling his hammer at foes, but for Iron Man, who I control next, it means firing his repulsor beams.

As I take control of Iron Man, it begins with an on-rails chase sequence above the bridge. While I control the general location of Stark as he flies over the battle, the automatic dodge is generous when things get in the way. After I shoot down the enemies he was pursuing, the on-rails section gives way to a battle similar to what the Thor section threw at me. However, using Tony Stark often means hovering above the battlefield and raining death from above. Hovering up and down is simple, with one button lifting Stark up and the other bringing him close to the ground. I pick off the enemies one by one, with several uses of Iron Man’s powerful Heroic ability, the unibeam, destroying anything he aims his chest at.

However, while I love Iron Man and his suite of abilities (he’s arguably my favorite of the original Avengers squad), my brief time controlling the billionaire hero was a bit underwhelming. Hovering above the battlefield feels good, but blasting at enemies from afar felt so detached from the action; a ranged hero should still pack some oomph. I also wasn’t a fan of how each time he took damage, he fell from the sky, only to have to float back up to hovering altitude if I wanted to regain my vantage point. In addition, every time I used Iron Man’s unibeam ability, it felt like slamming the brakes on the action as the camera zooms in and Stark slowly turns toward his targets. I’m hoping these various combat modes can be polished and made to feel a bit smoother, as flying around and blasting foes as Iron Man should be endlessly exciting.

>Thankfully, the scene transitions to Hulk, who feels like the unstoppable force that he is. His power lies in his brute strength, and it’s a sight to behold. Hulk can punch with light and heavy attacks just like Thor, but holding the button for heavy attack lets him grab an enemy and slam them around mercilessly. Seeing the bad guy ragdoll as you slam him into his buddies is satisfying, and running from battle area to battle area is fun thanks to Hulk's ability to jump great distances and off flat surfaces. The Hulk segment ends with him taking out multiple enemies with his Heroic ability, his thunderclap, and destroying a couple tanks in brutal fashion. The game accurately captures the rage-induced rampages of Marvel's green giant.

>The scene then transitions to the Avengers' Helicarrier above the city with a battle as Captain America. Cap is a bruiser who can toss his shield and bounce it off enemies like a pinball. While he’s still fighting generic enemies, his combat stands out more than Thor’s thanks to his ability to use his shield as either an offensive or defensive weapon.

>The final scene of my demo put me in control of Black Widow as she takes on Taskmaster in a boss battle. After a framerate-dipping chase scene that has her riding on his back and punching him through various quick-time events as the other Avengers continue the effort to salvage the iconic San Francisco bridge, the two land on a stable surface and clash. Taskmaster’s signature ability is rapidly learning his enemies’ fighting styles, so I have to adapt each time he catches on to my tricks.

>Thankfully, Black Widow has more than a couple tricks up her sleeve. She’s as competent in close-quarters melee combat as she is from long range, and she’s able to acrobatically get out of the way of Taskmaster’s charges. Her combination of martial arts skills and mid-range gunplay makes her arguably my favorite character to control in the brief time I spent with the game.

>Charting A New Narrative
>One of Crystal Dynamics’ main goals for Avengers is to tell a unique, all-original story starring the iconic heroes. "Think about how we reinvented Lara Croft," senior brand director Rich Briggs says. "Taking these iconic heroes and reimagining them ... that's just part of our DNA. It's always about that epic, character-driven action-adventure, and it's about telling an original story with these iconic characters."

>The fallout of the A-Day disaster affects each of the heroes differently. Captain America is lost in the explosion. Tony Stark withdraws from the world, with no fortune or tech to fall back on. He feels as though he no longer has the answers for what the team needs to do. Bruce Banner begins questioning the role of superheroes and blames himself to the point where gets stuck in Hulk form. Black Widow returns to her life as a spy, as she feels guilty for not being there for Captain America. Thor’s attitude is that he’s no longer worthy to wield Mjolnir, so he leaves it at the Captain America memorial statue and works to serve the people of Midgard.

>With the heroes in disparate places physically and emotionally, the story of Avengers is about reassembling the world’s preeminent superhero team. You do this by traveling around the world and completing missions. While all I have to go off of is the tutorial sequence I played, Crystal Dynamics tells me the rest of the missions are more expansive, feature more difficult enemies and have fewer quick-time events. When you're ready to jump into action, you use the War Table to choose from two types of missions: Hero and Warzone. Hero missions are single-player, narrative-driven stages. These put you in the shoes of a specific member of the Avengers as you advance the story of the campaign. On the other hand, Warzone missions can be played single-player or co-op online with up to four players total. Because these are typically more open, you can choose any hero. Playing either mission type unlocks new content, and grants you gear drops to equip on your character.

>Assembling Your Avengers Your Way
>These pieces of gear are important to powering up your hero. Gear is specific to each character, so don’t expect to equip that new rare reactor coil to Black Widow. Gear items can boost stats like melee, defense, and Heroic, and if you match certain sets of gear, you can reap synergy bonuses.

>You can also customize your heroes’ various skills and loadouts through large ability trees unique to each hero. For example, with Iron Man, you can unlock new abilities in categories such as melee, repulsor, laser, and rockets. You can customize your loadout however you want, and even swap between different versions of these powers on the fly using the d-pad.

This looks so shallow; All western TPS action games look so lifeless wannabe movies.

That is reason why I cringe when someone says they "beat" a movie game like God of War or Spiderman. If was DESIGNED to be beaten, you were fiddled as there was no challenge.

Attached: 1551468617158.png (426x404, 246K)

>Outside of customizations that can affect gameplay, Avengers allows players to also dictate how their characters look. If you don’t like Tony Stark’s suit in the screenshot above, you can expect a host of other suits to choose from. While chatting with the team, I see suits ranging from mainstream to obscure, from Crystal Dynamics’ take on Captain America’s classic costume and Black Widow’s predator outfit to King Thor and Joe Fixit Hulk. These skins are 100-percent cosmetic, meaning if you have an all-time favorite Iron Man suit, you don’t have to worry about limiting Stark’s powers just so you can equip it. Some of these cosmetic skins can be earned in game, while others must be purchased from the store. The studio wasn't ready to talk about any other potential ways the title could be monetized, but the studio currently aims to keep everything in the store purely cosmetic.

>The Road Ahead
>If Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, and Hulk aren’t up your alley, Crystal Dynamics may have you covered. In addition to the SDCC reveal that Ms. Marvel herself, Kamala Khan, is in the game in some capacity (including the opening scene), new heroes and regions to complete missions in will be made available post-launch free of charge.

>If was DESIGNED to be beaten
user

>If was DESIGNED to be beaten,

Attached: 1560140854363.png (541x418, 485K)

imagine if someone marketed their game, say an FPS or an action RPG like this one, as your run of the mill AAA game thats secretly designed to be almost unbeatable

It's not just Crystal Dynamics working on this, Eidos Montreal is also doing Avengers. Also, Eidos Montreal had to drop Deus Ex to work on Tomb Raider back when Crystal Dynamics was the only team on Avengers.

dumb gamers.

And crystal dynamics don’t?

How the hell does a human in riot gear, take a hit from thor's hammer or a punch from the fucking Hulk? lol.

whay are retards doing everything they can to hate this game

its almost like its a videogame

it's because the devs make it so easy for us

>Task Master losing against Black Widow
Shit game.

Damn, Kamala ugly.

this is reminiscent of early 2000's villain designs. why not just embrace the skull mask for taskmaster ala Red Skull.

>a bad guy lost im mad
what a retard

>she does not look like a anime so she is ugly

Taskmaster can copy any martial arts on the fly, he wouldn't lose against a C tier KJB whore, he would lose against Thor, Hulk or Iron Man.

I have never, I repeat NEVER seen such fucking extreme violence sanitized to such a outrageously inoffensive PG degree. It looks so fucked up, and so fucking bad.

Attached: IstillEndUpDissapointed.jpg (510x511, 66K)

i dont give a fuck he is a jobber

>quit hating my ugly capeshit game
Neither the visuals nor gameplay look too hot, breh. Why do you defend it so vehemently?

This looks like shit.

looks like i made somebody upset

Attached: 1517092630062.jpg (686x457, 104K)

you know what's better than failing a mission critical QTE and being forced to restart from a checkpoint?
someone else failing a mission critical QTE and forcing the entire team to restart from a checkpoint.

so a 3rd person marvel heroes 2016
with a hint of destiny

Deus Ex died for this.

Attached: FB_IMG_1561732925883.jpg (564x600, 113K)

He got beat by Deadpool multiple times. No other character should be able to do so

It's Uncharted/Nu Raider with superhero set-pieces.

Attached: 1474343090659.png (873x623, 133K)

I mean I loved the first run GRANTED I was high on acid when I read so it might not have actually been that good

The QTE filled movie game campaign is singleplayer only. If it's anything like most most modern games missing a QTE won't even have any consequences anyway.
Co-op's just side missions which probably won't have cutscenes or QTES since you can play as whoever, so they'll probably be even less interesting.

looks like its ok when the japs do it

the cast still doesn't look great
why not scan some models instead, everyone else does it

Attached: Detroit_ Become Human™_20180604221926.jpg (3840x2160, 445K)

What the fuck is going on with Cap's voice? Did they tell him to sound like a guy trying to jokingly be authoritative? That kind of voice could work fine with a more stylized art direction but not in with this more realistic look. It's honestly distracting?

Attached: confusion and disgust.png (356x294, 96K)

This honestly looks like it has as much depth as the Lego Marvel games. It's like they copied everything from Lego Marvel and just made the graphics realistic instead of Lego.

>Widowmaker

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>BlackNerdProblems.com

cherrypicking the likes of which mankind has never seen

Deus Ex died for this.

I'd kill for a stylish Anarchy Reigns-style H4H game.

Give me a Team Ninja-directed Black Panther game while we're at it.

Heres the problem with the whole Marvel Games thing, you can't force separate developers to collaborate on projects to create some grand universe. The only two games they have right now are this and Spider-Man and they already aren't related. If they wanted to go through with the universe thing they should've made the games in house. Also side note, but the avengers in this game are trying to replicate the MCU but at the same time be original, which makes the whole thing feel cheapish.

Feels bad man.

Deus Ex died because Mankind Divided sucked. Eidos Montreal also chose to work on Tomb Raider instead of more DE and Shadow of the TR was terrible too.

MD only sucked because Square forced them to make a half game. But otherwise MD was fine enough as it is. Flawed as it may be as far as the main plot is concerned.

I can't really defend Nu-Tomb Raider though. But only because I haven't played and they seemed bland anyway

Huh, gameplay actually looks okay. Not amazing but not pure shit. You're right about the sound design though, also Thor's voice can kinda fuck off with that poorly done pitch shift. They should've recorded it with a 100K mic since they knew they were gonna do that.

I can't believe they fixed black widow face and she has a great ass too
What the fuck