What happens after the fall?

If I buy a game on the EGS now, what will happen to my games in 1-2 years? I can't imagine Epic being the kind of company that would offer any kind of customer-friendly solution after closing the store, like free Steam keys or something.

Attached: epic-games-store.png (1400x788, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly
pcgamer.com/epic-steam-data-reddit/
epicgames.com/site/en-US/privacypolicy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw
pcgamesinsider.biz/news/68593/reports-point-to-gog-being-in-poor-financial-health-but-why-would-cd-projekts-storefront-be-in-trouble/
google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can. They're rich as fuck and that Fortnite money isn't drying up anytime soon.

I don't see them closing, but when Epic shut down Paragon, they refunded everyone to the last bit of silver.

Unlike Valve and Artifact, they didn't go "no refunds"

Attached: artifact stats.jpg (1628x811, 238K)

We're not talking single games here, but closing the whole store after it's proven to be unprofitable.

You can still play Unreal Tournament multiplayer, a game that was released two decades ago.

They refunded Paragon because it was in early access.

>buying games

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

A few servers for a single old game are dirt cheap. Infrastructure for a launcher/store is not, and you can't justify those running costs without returns to your investors.

UDK assets are linked to the store, so the store will only die if no one is using Unreal Engine any longer.

Attached: days-gone-logo.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Shartifact is worse than early access drone
Egs will never shutdown, when egs dies pc gaming dies too, unreal is too big.

They can roll back to engine services only while closing down store support, that's not the question. If there's no money to make in maintaining a store front, it will shut down, simple as that. The same would be true for Steam.

>when egs dies pc gaming dies too, unreal is too big
Imagine being such a retarded consoleshitter.

It can closes down, no one is denying that. But OP claiming it could happened within 1 or 2 years is stupidly ridiculous.

I give them half a year to get out of the critical phase, if they haven't got a pull by then, it's game over in two years tops.

Welcome to an all digital library, the future you chose. Know why people are really angry about what Epic is doing? It threatens the future of steam, and these people just spent the last decade putting all their eggs in one basket assuming steam is "too big to fail"

>my games

your games?
what do you mean user?
You are buying LICENSES to play OUR games during a limited time.
Enjoy them until fortnite dies and open some anti steam threads on Yea Forums using cool wojak memes. 请

Attached: 171228130559-xi-jinping-military-1221-01-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 39K)

Why would they do that? UDK need a linkable asset manager, so shutting the store and then create another store is counter productive.

How is steam any different to this?

Steamcels celebrate like it's their life-changing achievement even though they had no direct involvement.

Games on the Epic store dont have any DRM unless its third party. The only DRM check is account based. You can alt f4 the launcher after the game launches and it will run fine. All they would have to do is no longer require an account check on their servers for the games without some third party DRM

This is what happens when your whole ecosystem gets reset every 7 years.
The concept of "40 years worth of backlog" is completely alien

forced exclusivities is a cancer that will kill pc games

Games should be on both stores.

Delet this

Why should they do it ? They don't need to add exclusives all the time.
Go play some shartifact

Just pirate it.

Attached: 1557399776490.png (976x658, 283K)

>Buying exclusive launcher games
Ebin

Attached: bebenis.png (1024x1024, 16K)

chinese death swuad comes to your house and redistributes your wealth

>both
>no other digital download stores exist other than epic and steam

>Exclusive
It's free there is no entry fee so it's not really exclusives, anyway that's not even the topic.
/thread epic is DRM free

They're not DRM free they just don't have a double DRM system of account based DRM and extra DRM on top of that that Steam does with most games.

>Why should they do it ?
Because maintaining is expensive. And everything that's expensive isn't liked by the shareholders.

How is this any different from Steam?

Attached: 1529682871663.jpg (192x220, 19K)

Artifact isn't shutting down though, you just bought a shitty game.

It's for all intents and purposes shut down; seethe more Valve shill

Steam isn't dying any time soon.

it's not

>Hasn't been updated since January when every other relevant Valve game has gotten an update in the past month or so (CSGO, TF2, DOTA 2)

Seethe more

Technically, it's not, except for

>believing steamcels who claim EGS will fail

Yes, ask the devs of DarQ etc how many millions of sales they got on Steam after rejecting EGS

vs. a game being literally taken away from you with no way to ever play it again, but it's fine since you got your money back right? All that time invested surely wasn't for nothing.

Hey man, I played 300 hours of Evolve when it was free and before it was shutdown. You can't expect them to live forever, and getting your money back is the best thing any company I've seen has done.

>TF2 update
Adding 1 lootbox and removing the winter crate from the rotation (when summer almost passed)? Holy shit, great update!

Evolve wasn't still in beta, it was sold at full AAA price with a shitload of microtransactions right off the bat and then salvaged into a F2P with microtransactions in a last effort to get something out of it.
Either way, the point was that Artifact has nothing to do with the subject, if I got my money back for every shit game I bought, I'd be rich.

You aren't helping your argument. Epic would have paid a lot of money to earn those pathetic sales, which would have been a financially poor decision.

That dev was both honest and dumb, hopefully his game still sells alright. I can't blame any indie dev for being torn between his fanbase and a huge pile of cash before even selling a single copy.

But it's got nothing to do with EGS eventually dying if they can't sell shit.

Attached: Capture.png (521x633, 52K)

Aren't they just guaranteeing sales? They can easily guarantee those because they have a way larger active and younger userbase than Steam.

Epic can afford it because they make and license UE4. What does Valve make that everyone uses? Oh, nothing.

Attached: epic revenue steam 2.png (714x1017, 58K)

There are a significant amount of DRM free games on steam that only need the client to finalise the installation.
After that you just move it out of the steam directory.

steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

>hopefully his game still sells alright.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: darq 4.jpg (1636x713, 46K)

Exclusivity is never a good thing for the consumer.
I have no idea why anyone would ever defend this shit.

Even if the userbase thing is true, which I don't believe for a second, I don't think it would have made a big difference. Not many are willing to pay 20 bucks for a two hour game. Even if it sold double on Epic, it would have still been massively in the red.

>What does Valve make that everyone uses?
user... Are you pretending to be retarded? I really hope you are just pretending.

Attached: We just don't know.gif (250x251, 999K)

>making bad financial decisions is okay, because they make money elsewhere
Are you retarded?

I don't think Epic would be doing anything when the first exclusivities expire and the numbers show 85% increase in game sales when the games hit Steam. What happens then is that the China money will no longer be coming in. Why spend millions to bribe publishers when it doesn't do jack shit? They'll quit buying exclusivities and EGS will go back to being a Fortnite launcher while the games they wanted to market their store with are being bought on Steam.

Is it hats and weapon skins? They don't even make those themselves anymore.

RIP
But let's not pretend it's anyone's fault but his, the game just wasn't going to sell, no matter the platform, he could have chosen the way of the jew, he didn't and he lost.

Exclusivity can be a good thing when it results in games that would otherwise not be made, being made. It's not in a situation like this where EGS is just buying publishing rights for preexisting games.

>Gaben has said before that were the platform to eventually fail, the steam DRM would be removed from the games you bought
A google search away

>when it results in games that would otherwise not be made, being made
Has this ever, EVER happened?

Every 1st and 2nd party exclusive ever and some 3rd party ones (Bayonetta 2/3 for a recent example)

Ok so I'll take that as a no then. I'll spell it out for you. Valve created the largest online game store ever made. Does that clear it up for you?

Attached: super-retard.jpg (767x431, 41K)

And Epic created one of the biggest games ever, something not even Valve could claim.

It can be a good thing when it's a tool to fight monopoly

Daily reminder that Unreal Engine royalties and Fortnite mean Epic will NEVER run out of money for buying up exclusives, they are NEVER going away Steamdrone.

Attached: 1558016328618.png (1544x2970, 1.35M)

but really when will steamdrones realise that epic is much more powerful than valve, its so exhausting

Attached: List_of_Unreal_Engine_games_-_Wikipedia_-_2019-08-18_17.57.41.png (2345x7628, 1.69M)

Except Valve never used their money to buy out companies to use on their shit store. At the very least when their store was shit (like 15 years ago) they didn't start paying out the ass to hold other developer's games hostage. They just did their own. Notice how nobody complained about the epic store before started buying people out? It was around for a good while before and yet nobody made a stink about it.
Learn what a monopoly is. Providing a superior service causing people to flock to it isn't a monopoly. Epic's underhanded tactics actually make them far closer to a monopoly than Steam is (though they still aren't a monopoly)

they created and forced me to use their shitty store, nobody forced me to play fortnite or develop in unreal

>Except Valve never used their money to buy out companies
why are you lying ? valve literally never really made a game expect half life and dota (bought the dota ip from blizzard and icefrog) the rest portal, cs go etc is bought and forced into steam exclusivity, its literally worse than what tim is doing.

>We'll fight the Valve monopoly by becoming our own monopoly! That will show those steam drones

Counter-strike is a Valve IP you absolute mongoloid, it doesn't matter who they paid or bought to develop it

Ah, such hubris. 'Tis a pity.

>it could happened within 1 or 2 years is stupidly ridiculous.
What would Sweeney do if Gaben pays finally the attention he has been desperately hoping for and lowers their share to 12%? The sole reason for egs would be gone with one move. The remains would be just a money sink of a third class frontend with no reason to keep alive.

They don't force anyone to use their store. They don't pay dev to put their games on their store unlike epic and also unlike epic the developers are welcome to put the game elsewhere if they please.
That is literally completely different. Buying an entire company or hiring modders to use their IP or ideas is a whole other cup of tea. Epic are paying out devs for the sole purpose of holding it hostage on their site, nothing else. Not improving on an Idea, not making another game. They just give them a pile of money and that's that.

So clueless. Epic is literally worth double that of Steam.

They'd never profit from it so I'm fine.

is this the epic shill thread

>we're not epic shills honest

Unity has a bigger community and their engine advances fast into Unreal core strength of graphics. For the long run it looks like Unity is more likely to win.

yeah fuck actually being honest let's just betray our customers like all the other indies

How do you know the worth of steam if they are privately owned?

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

How in god's name is maintaining EGS expensive? It must cost fucking nothing. Remember, the less active a storefront is, the less bandwidth it pulls from downloads. With minimal users and its existing pathetic skeleton crew of support tech, an online game store probably costs them an amount so marginal as to be nearly nothing.

That's a sad story.

>two fucking epic shill threads
>both have epicshits shitting on developer of darq for not accepting literal bribe money and being honest with himself
is every epic employee required to be a soulless monkey

Bandwidth is linked to amount of users more than anything. Which is why valve and epic sell keys outside of their store with no cut. It cost them nothing

>bandwidth
is fucking irrelevant compared to costs of simply keeping the lights on and staff to support it.
the point is that they're spending a lot on product to put into the store and the question is anyone buying it

>Epic created one of the biggest games ever
To a great part they were just lucky having a game ready at the right time to jump on the battle royal train. They didn't originally plan for it to be a battle royal game.

There's a certain amount of schadenfreude in watching someone stand on principle instead of taking the easy way and then eating it big time because he decided not to take the easy way.

It would have been super satisfying to see someone spit in Sweeney's face and make more money than he offered them, but that doesn't mean it's likely. Samsho was the same story.

Darq dev was open about being rejected because he didn't want to go exclusive, so now they need to overstate how it sold on Steam to make "an example" out of them

The only people who would actually laugh at that are epicfags

"Keeping the lights on" doesn't mean much when they already have all that infrastructure in place to support UE4 and Fortnite, dipshit. They're already running a server farm for other content, the EGS storefront is just piggybacking on that infrastructure and support crew. The store itself basically has no staff and no unique systems on its own, which is why it's so miserably fucking barebones. It's basically just "we took the modules we already use the Epic launcher for selling UE4 extensions and paid one guy to start manually uploading executables behind that, and we called it a storefront."

The cost is miniscule, especially if it's seeing little use, because its share of the resources consumed are tiny.

I dunno user, I find it kind of funny (if also sad).

>infrastructure in place to support UE4 and Fortnite, dipshit
lmao, you dumb retard. do you think that theres a big server farm in the Epic HQ that runs everything? im talking to a child role playing as an industry expert

The only people who would actually laugh at that are epic chads*

Sorry, phone auto correction

based

Sad that he didn't take the bribe money like based devs?

The steam monopoly doesnt offer you any like that either might as well pirate

Hm, yes, sad indeed that his game languishes unsold.

Integrity does not keep the lights burning. Hubris, once again, proves beggars should not, nay, cannot, be choosers.

Not withstanding that the term "infrastructure" doesn't necessarily refer to owning the physical racks of servers, it refers more generally to the agreements and systems in place to allow Epic to manage their data and allocations in server farms across the country that allows them to do things like run Fortnite's servers constantly, I actually would be kind of surprised to discover Epic didn't actually own a data center. I mean, Tencent has a shitload of investments in data centers, and god knows how many actual servers it takes to keep 8 million people simultaneously playing Fortnite.

Chinks win again.

>steam monopoly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly

No, sad that he wasn't successful. You want people who do the Good Guy Thing to come out on top, even if they don't always.

>Gaben thanked Chinese Overlords for hosting TI
OH NONONONONO
He sold you all to the Pooh

Attached: TI.png (578x372, 165K)

>You want people who do the Good Guy Thing

Such childish naivete... pitiable really. Ah, it matters not. Once again cruel reality shatters the febrile dream.

Enjoy virtuous poverty, one supposes. Mayhaps 'pon thy memorandum they may write "He did the Good Guy Thing"

And others may yet say "There but for the grace of God go I."

>treating it like it's the world's biggest tragedy

What the fuck is this larping shit

Did he state how many sales Epic was willing to guarantee?

Based retard. Unreal Engine 4 won't stop existing all of a sudden if EGS dies.

No. Did anyone else

Nothing but rational opinions expressed in intellectual mien. Perhaps too rarified for children such as you, suggesting you have no place at the adults' marketplace of ideas.

Darq is also on gog and anyone like me buys it rather there. Its second of new releases even in front of age of wonders.

holy fucking based intellectual epicposter

I, too, think that it is a tragedy that a good guy of the Epic resistance lost against the Epic behemoth like a normal man such as myself.

I don't get it,epic is the good guy.

If even indie devs who usually have no money don't want to take your money you know whats up.

Except for all the indies, AA and AAA's that still accept the EGS exclusive deal?

Cope

Indies do it because they're short on cash and fear they'll be drowned out on Steam's ecosystem by shovelware. AAA's do it out of greed, and AA's usually only do it because of publisher fuckery. None, I repeat, NONE of these devs have done it because they think it's the best choice for the consumers.

>"Good Guy"
>Offer no support of GNU/Linux for EGS
>Force games to be Windows exclusive
>Encourage developers to use DirectX
>Refuse to release own flagship games on open platforms
>Despite their own engine advertising support

Doesn't sound like a good guy to me.

It is the best choice for the entire industry, that include customers.

Oh right, they should prioritize linux gaming wich is around 0,3% of the entire industry while they lack human resources. Not to mention most people on linux dual boot anyway

What happened Epicbros? You said RDR2 and Death Stranding were going to be announced for EGS for sure this time.

>Best choice for the industry
>Shackling gaming to Windows harder

people still play artifact?

Explain how higher prices and the lack of a shopping cart, just to name a few things, are good for the consumer, user.

>he plays video games
>uses Linux exclusively
you're retarded

>omg I LOVE STEAM and the dota cinematic universe!

Attached: mspaint_KC5WdnL3nq.png (628x344, 478K)

>higher prices
Yeah, that's not true.
>shopping cart
Lol, coming soon. Who buy games in bulk anyway

If industry is more profitable, everyone in it profits.

Because those are upcoming features of a 6-month-old store. And also because the store just gave me like 10 free games and offers developers great contracts
Cope, steamie

So what happens when Microsoft makes more retarded decisions with windows 10?

>around 0,3% of the entire industry
Much higher than that in North America and Europe. GNU/Linux doesn't see much use in repressive regimes like China due to the power Windows 10 gives them.

> Not to mention most people on linux dual boot anyway
Hasn't been true for years thanks to Proton and virtualization.
No one should be running Windows 10 without having it inside of a secure sandbox.

>while they lack human resources
The simple fact is that with software development if you target the most standard platform first (UNIX+Vulkan) you'll be able to easily support other platforms (MacOS is UNIX, Windows supports Vulkan). If you develop for the least standard platform using proprietary shit first you wind up with a mess that's nearly impossible to port, and much harder to support especially years on when the vendor has ceased support.

nice avatar usage

>Embracing freedom
>Rejecting invasive DRM
>Rejecting Spyware as OS
>Having drivers for AMD GPUs
>Getting higher performance

Windows kids regard this as 'retarded'

They tried so many times and failed each time already it shouldn't even be a question anymore.

You can play games and egs on linux. It's simply not officially supported.

This can't be right! Its a shitty egs thread without the retarded copypasta

Attached: 1560550799366m.jpg (1024x618, 116K)

Despite the fact that even Origin and Uplay launched with a shopping cart and EGS still doesn't have it after 8 months? Oh right, the only thing that matters to you is that Steam launched with even less all those years ago, so it's okay for a completely new store to lack several vital features every other Steam competitor had since they launched when launching your own competitor in 2018. If it wasn't for the moneyhatting and the massive shill for the dev cuts, nobody would even bat an eye at your skeleton of a game retailer, since even Origin and Uplay offer better functionality than EGS.

the chink fears the trolley

Attached: 1561433022009.jpg (870x633, 328K)

I continue to buy games on steam summer sales and zoomers slurp up whatever craze that replaces soinight.

>Don't have shopping cart
>Still rape steam

How tim do that?

Attached: 2981742117.png (837x530, 525K)

>You can play games and egs on linux. It's simply not officially supported.
Which puts them miles behind Steam where Linux is the native platform. With more features available on the Linux version allowing easy compatibility with the vast majority of games on Steam including games that no longer work on modern Windows.

Why the hell are you guys assuming it would have sold more on Epic?

Are you guys suddenly saying it's GOOD for devs to work with Epic?

Fortnite bucks, that's how. Makes you wonder what will become of EGS once the Fortnite bucks won't be able to sustain their strategy anymore.

Attached: 1552526888071.png (2518x1024, 199K)

The fact is that EGS is an effort by Tencent to extract money from Microsoft is future litigation. Paying other software developers for patent licenses for features like a shopping cart reduces the value of EGS for that purpose.

Lol, the only diffrence between steam and egs is that steam as a store has official linux support. Just use wine

Now you know why steambabies are so desperately trying to defend their store.

They're afraid of losing all their Vidya if epic beats steam and they shut down.

cope

Attached: 621512951052815821.png (677x1156, 674K)

I dont have a lot of games on steam, just 3-4. All the games i like are on GOG. Does steam even care that egs is doing dumbshit like this? I really think its just egs who's starting shit up.

Untrue, Steam runs native on Linux, Valve maintains a significant amount of gaming infrastructure to make that happen including higher-quality drivers than you can get on Windows.
Steam on Linux also includes the Proton compatibility layer which is approaching the same quality as Microsoft's legacy compatibility layer in Windows 10. They also allow the use of third-party compatibility layers added within Steam like one which circumvents DOSbox on DOS titles distributed for Windows with stale old versions of the compatibility layer which would normally run in Wine and allows the use of an up to date Linux version instead.

Valve's effort with Steam for Linux is the preservation of PC gaming as we know it despite what console or phone companies might want for the future demise of the open PC platform.
EGS is a quick cash in before the gravy train runs out.

kill yourself you coping brainlet
>big community
unreal doesn't need a community unreal is the community

Epic has been around longer than Valve, since the early 90s you absolute shitstain zoomer

>They don't force anyone to use their store.
they do, most games are steam exclusive
>Buying an entire company or hiring modders to use their IP or ideas is a whole other cup of tea.
no its worse you fucking subhuman, tim helps out developer so they stay independent, steam on the other side bought IPs, enslaved the devs and squeezed out the ips (see tf,portal,cs) made them soulless cash cows

Imagine making this image

Valve gained their independence and is privately held.
Epic is now controlled by Tencent.

dont mind them user, most steam drones are zoomer reddit trash

>tim helps out developer so they stay independent,
They have literally bought Linux-friendly developers and made them Windows-exclusive.

>Epic is now controlled by Tencent.
why are you lying ? 40% mean jackshit in private companies
and now back to facts
>Who bans people typing tianamen square massacre and winnie the pooh?
>Who bans player from attending tournements for saying ching chong?
>Who is in china in flip flops trying to please the chinese as much as possible to sell cosmetics?

Attached: 007dzhrmly1fxnrvxj27bj31400u076k.jpg (1320x990, 147K)

>source: tranny twitter screencap
shut the fuck up when you dont have anything to say drone, be a human being for once

Wine allowed preservation of pc gaming even before valve stepped in.
Yes, valve contributes to linux gaming because they want to make their own console based on it. This isn't charity and they are going to fuck up it sooner or later to get their investment back, just how the world works. But now that epic is around, i don't think they will even attempt at steam machine v2 so at least that's positive

Moral of the story: gamers are fags, just sell out.

>tranny twitter

user I think it's time to take a break from Yea Forums and the internet in general

Easy anti cheat started supporting ilnux after epic bought them. Nice try

Because you host the servers yourself faggot

>ITT: steamchads blowing epik fags with facts yet again
>reminder to egs cum slurpers to call everyone a drone if they don't agree
>we'll lower your credit score if you don't

Didn't even live through Shareware era and think Epic is a company from the last few years, fucking god

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (443x455, 34K)

Epic buying out studios for exclusivity rights is the final proof I needed to believe we're in late stage capitalism

Yeah, companies such as valve grow so big they need to be split up.

Stop falseflagging. You don't actually give a shit if a store has a shopping cart or not. You just want a reason to make fun of Epic.
>hurr i have to buy game separately? this unacceptable!

To be fair, steamdrones are people that have hundreds of games on steam. They do not play them but collect them
Shopping cart is really important to these morons

>valve gets split up
>ebin is now le evil monopoly
Congratulations, Chang. You've played yourself

Sony has been buying exclusives for decades, how is this a new thing?

Sweeney said it well - nobody can compete with Valve on the consumer front, Steam is way too entrenched. The only way they can break Gabe's lazy pseudo-monopoly is offering developers a better deal, either through lower marketplace fee (12%), generous exclusive deals or buyouts.

Gabe nipplesuckers are the ones who make up false shit, like saying Xi Jinping is behind Epic
Steam babies in full defamation mode, kek

I don't see them shutting down, but I don't see the store growing to the point where it would replace steam as they claim
they get tons of money from UE4 alone

Epic does not have it's own version of steamworks drm. A world where epic is the main platform is the world where competition can occur naturally so i don't mind

>Sony has been buying exclusives for decades

Sony (and Microsoft, Nintendo and pretty much all other publishers) fund games at their onset, taking on the risk of development. Epic pays devs for exclusivity when their game is pretty much done, actively taking away choice from customers. The game was always going to come out, Epic just paid for you to not get it on specific storefronts

>Epic does not have it's own version of steamworks drm.

So everyone decides to use Denuvo, what a great option instead

Game was like two hours anyway. Why the fuck are you all looking at a chart that is more appropriate used for multiplayer games?

>2 hour single-player game
>Number of reviews above 250

Good job on baiting a lot of retards I guess

>Epic bought out Oddworld: SoulStorm

Lorne really is a total hack. I would have bought the GoG version despite it looking kind of shit, but I guess that won't be happening.

The only people upset about Denuvo are buttflustered piratefags. It's a dead giveaway the person is a frustrated leech

Denuvo does not prevent selling your game on other storefronts.And people that can afford to use it, use it anyway on top of steamworks.

No, but Epic money does.

Irrelevant, child. It's called capitalism. Cope

he should have sold out

Steamies btfo

You know its timed? Games that use steamworks DRM are pretty much all time exclusive, unless someone use a considerable amount of resources to remove steamworks which is something that barely happens. Steam is pretty much the only third party distributor for a reason, and that reason is steamworks drm.

Literally who

>prevent selling your game on other storefronts.

Interesting that you've decided to frame this in that Valve giving developers more tools to work with means they are prevented from selling their game on other storefronts. Doubly so when fucking GOG releases still happen

I'm sure all the zoomers patting him on the back for sticking it to Epic is just as good as the millions he would have gotten, right?

this is the stupidest post i've ever seen on Yea Forums. holy shit

Not really wrong, Valve bought most of the games they're famous for. Only Half-Life was actually original

Possibly. I doubt Epic offers everyone the same deal.

no it also makes games run slow as hell
when dishonored 2 came out it has Denuvo and I was barely getting 50fps on ultra low
now since they removed it I get 50-60fps on medium with the same setup

Honesty doesn't pay the fucking bills. Indie development is miserable, the guy is a moron for getting memed into thinking rejecting Epic money is noble

Yes, i frame valve for abusing their market share. Like everyone else with a brain that is not a fanboy.

>Direct2Drive (D2D) was an early rival of Steam that came out in 2004 and was somewhat competitive… at first. Created by IGN, it held massive backing from one of the largest gaming networks around and over the next few years, hundreds of publishers. As time passed, however, Steam continued to grow and the DRM mess that plagued PC gaming had begun to pay off in their favor; compared to everything else, Steamworks was great. The stores were competitive but the DRM was not and Valve’s focus of keeping both paid dividends in 2009 when Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 required Steam as its method was Steamworks. Unwilling to compromise, a declaration of boycott was made along with claiming Steam to be a trojan horse, in spite of their own store selling games that were using DRM such as SecuROM and Starforce. Impulse and GamersGate soon joined and together you had all three stores banding together with a stand against Steam. If not this game then for others.
It didn’t work.

You may not be old enough to remember how valve managed to kill both physical copies and their major competitors. But i am.

Yea but, Steam good Epic bad
And your post, despite the facts in it, does not push that narrative

It is noble.
Unfortunately, honour doesn't pay.

You would lose all your games. There's basically no chance they have the infrastructure for anything else given that they're just now getting the most basic features added to their store.

Taking Epic money doesn't mean you're polluting the oceans or kicking babies, it means you're forcing people to install another game launcher which takes 5 seconds. It's entirely victimless. It's a testament to how entitled and moronic 'the gaming community' is that having a second launcher on their computer is seen as equivalent to a war crime.

Why do you feel entitled to my money if you promise one thing and then do another?

You're being disingenuous, Chang.
I have no problem with installing a second launcher. I have a problem with EGS specifically.

Fuck off shill nobodys falling for this shit.

>It doesn't have cloud saves for another few months, oh the humanity
The suffering you're being subjected to, I'm sorry user

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

And you call us entitled.

lmao just fire off a random one from the script.

I'm not suffering because I'm not subjecting myself to a garbage client/company.

Valve cant claim that despite having people constantly crying about a certain sequel that will never come out even over a decade later

Meanwhile fortnite will be forgotten within a year or two of it biting the dust

EAC is still the biggest barrier to running a number of games because they only offer support for native games, while refusing to release their own games which use it. Meaning that those games are non-functional despite all the pieces supposedly being supported.

It's literally the worst thing to ever happen. Gamers Rise Up!

>40% mean jackshit in private companies
It actually does when it's a single entity holding it, though.

Class action lawsuit

>Only Half-Life was actually original

Yeah because fucking Narbacular Drop was definitely going to become Portal if you gave those college kids enough time

its worse as you are sold to slavery you moron.

said devs sell you to epic not the game.
you are truly an idiot.

HL3 is a meme, user. No one actually cares about it.

Make a scripted post, get a scripted answer.

They went to digipen which produces AAA game teams every year, so maybe

You guys are really in a tailspin...over a fucking online toy store. Thank God I mev never got the meme mental illness

That's clear enough when Gaben laid out quite plainly what it would take for Valve to do it and yet hardly anyone switched off Windows.

You're signing an exclusivity contract for the single game title, not selling yourself into slavery you hyperbolic moron. Exclusivity is also 'slavery' in exchange for a much larger payday than you would have had through organic sales

>fortnite will be forgotten within a year or two of it biting the dust

You don't belive your own words

Every thread is full of cliche 'hurr durr chang' racism, yet nobody cares about Tencent having 80-100% ownership of League of Legends, Path of Exile and a bunch of other games

Fucking valve morons

I didn't understand what you said, but, again, no one cares about HL in 2019. It's dead and not coming back

Zoomers have short attention spans, user

wouldn't Steam not have the behemoth market share back in 2004 when that released?
>their own store selling games that were using DRM such as SecuROM and Starforce
lmao

wrong they count on morons like you to be to adivted and follow, they count on idiots lime you to be drawn in buy the other usles crap they have on the epic shit shop.

epic is not paying for the games they pay for slaves.

Ok Zhou

FN profits have been on a steady decline for a while now.

>No actual argument

Attached: bd8.png (1190x906, 178K)

fuck pff epic nigger, valve is not making any exlusived and didnt block users from using origin or uplay.

your a disgrace to the human race and epic shit store will never be supported.

They're hiring slaves and using those slaves to spy on your brain
Put on your hats, sheeple

stop reading instructions

Valve's never shut down any of their games. All of them can still be played online. Only Epic has killed their own games.

>Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 required Steam as its method was Steamworks. Unwilling to compromise, a declaration of boycott was made along with claiming Steam to be a trojan horse

Now this is some fucking revisionist history for why people asked for a boycot on MW2 on PC

>Being this upset about a fucking game store
We need another war

idiots like you who dont think fall for the epic trap.
its confirmd only low iq idiots use epic.

people hate riot games you piece of shit, every time lol is the topic someone brings up tencent

This

Source?
And even if it's true, Fortnite profit going down is like the population of China going down, kek

SecuROM and Starforce were more consumer friendly and allowed competition. These drm did not prevent owning your games unlike steamworks as well.

>wouldn't Steam not have the behemoth market share back in 2004 when that released?
They were literaly forcing people into using steam if they wanted to play their games and any other game that came to steam. Something that no other storefront at the time did, They did what epic is doing right now, forcing people to use their crapy software and leaving no other choice

>epic shill being out of arguments
what we need is more people with standarts and morals not money greedy pos like you.

Attached: EGS.jpg (870x633, 258K)

I'm wearing the hat Gabe geez

That has nothing to do with it you moron, read the whole thing.

Yeah dude, why are people even worried? It's not like this $2.50 horse armor thing is ever gonna catch on, you can just not buy it if you don't like it. It's entirely victimless. The gamer community is so entitled and moronic.

Attached: dlc.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

many steam games do this as well, or can be launched by just going into the folder and running the executable

Yes. Its objectively a cheaply made game, while fun is only being driven by hype and underaged kids literally having shit tastes from inexperience with the hobby. No one over the age of 18 still plays that unless they stream that shit for ez money, you can bet your ass these zoomers will move on to something else and forget about it quick enough once the game dies. You are insane if you think people wil fondly remember fortnite 10 years from now

>SecuROM
>2 activations only
>consumer friendly
lmao

sure they where forcing no one unlike epic nigger slave store is.

you had the choice of hard copys if said devs made on.

also steam invented the online distribution you low iq nigger there was nothing around exept steam.

The gamer community is pretty moronic considering they actually bought the horse armor and legitimized the whole business model of microtransactions in the first place

This image kills the ching chong

Attached: 1560228026131m.jpg (445x1024, 113K)

>steamie is this mad that CHAD Epic is swooping in and taking all the games
Kek, cope

>SecuROM and Starforce
>more consumer friendly
LOL, you kids make me laugh.

Before Steamworks DRM solutions were undocumented malware which exploited Windows bugs to impost restrictions, sometimes even to the extent of including an actual windows rootkit.
For all its flaws Steamworks allows games to work easily on a Windows tablet, Mac Laptop, or a GNU/Linux powerhouse.

it would have sold worse on Epic, but the dev could have made money on the exclusivity deal

It doesn't even steal data you fucking idiot pcgamer.com/epic-steam-data-reddit/

The guy that originally did that analysis admitted he had no qualification in network security, and no idea what he was talking about

If you're so scared just get the free games if anything and wait for exclusives to release on steam

so has microsoft, and they closed down their Games for Windows Live store and everyone who owned games purchased on that storefront has lost access to them. I know because I bought Viva Pinata on it...

The difference being Valve never paid developers to use Steamworks and Steam, nor did their contracts with Valve force them to exclusively distribute their games through Steamworks and Steam. Offering superior service vs throwing wads of cash around.

its also showing what a nigger retard you are.

a) you install spy ware
b) you create a account that makes epic look big , witch leads to more investment because of posibbel custemors
c) your a subhuman pos supporting the epic slave store.

>They got so buttblasted about steamworks being good that they changed tactics from improving theirs to defaming steam
Kek, and this is why steam is bad? Because its good at what it does? Seems like the only idiots who cant stand competition is you

Did you even read the article? It literally says right there that it does steal data

What is gonna catch on from Epic being in the PC space? Competition? Better revenue split? Oh no sounds horrible
>but le moneyhatting
>he thinks Epic invented exclusivity deals
>he thinks Epic invented capitalism
cry, steamie

t.gamergate

sur ching chong pong, a articel that got bought says no.i trust the anons more then any subhuman no integrety journalist cuck.

epic=spyware

They sell all your data, as described in their privacy policy
epicgames.com/site/en-US/privacypolicy

Attached: 1563699998970.png (1148x93, 35K)

is thatwhy you crying here?
nah cjad epic with all the money still cant win because of utter shit pr and thats why you cry here.

epic will shit on and all its users no matter howmuchyoubitch witch ends in lost billions and lost investment.
deal with it.

virgin steam is winning.

>still seething about horse armour

yikes

>Competition
>Doesnt let games be sold anywhere else, effectively controlling the supply like a monopoly
>Better revenue split
>More money for pubs the devs will never see and thats a good thing because trickle down economics!
>Implying anybody else paid for completed-nearly complete games to become exclusive
You need yo be programmed with better talking points

I don't buy non-physical PC games because eventually these services will all shut down.
And if Epic's store fails and ends up getting shut down, that will be the end of digital distribution on PC, because no one will want to pay for games that can be taken away when the platform-owners fold.

This

>having two shops bad
>who need more than one shop

>SecuROM and Starforce were more consumer friendly

Attached: 1560142558126.jpg (673x1053, 53K)

>They were literaly forcing people into using steam
Who are they? Activision chose Steam because they cba to handle their own account system. Blame the publisher, not Steam. Valve doesn't demand Steamworks to be used.

>Steam isn't a monopoly
>Look at all these sites I can buy a steam key from
lmao

>while they lack human resources.
Isn't Epic a $20 billion company?

>What is gonna catch on from Epic being in the PC space?

Paying for nearly finished games to become store-specific exclusives (aka not actual competition)

What is this garbage arguement? I use GOG and steam but why is it that only epic gives my kaspersky alerts?

The only thing that says about selling data is they share/sell what devices people are on with advertisers
Stop the defamation quest, steamie

You're a dumbass

The story of an idiot

Russians doesn't trust the chinese.

It is an argument, just not one you want to address because you're so enthralled with being outraged.

well I just checked the TOS and nowhere does it say that so now what faggot? Did good ol Gaben pinkie swear with you? stupid cunt

user why are you not actually giving a real argument for why I'm wrong and instead resorting to name-calling?

because it's epic

you'll probably defect to the chinks to protect your "interests"

buy rope

How is a game being nearly finished or not change an exclusivity deal from being an exclusivity deal?
You're a DUMB ASS

Inclusion of horse armor pays for itself. Paying devs contract bonuses and guaranteed sales does not, it's an investment into your install base. It isn't sustainable in the long term. One slippery slope is not another.

Yes they were. Not we have no physical copies, and it all thanks to steam. Stealing our rights is so consumer friendly i am right you fucking zoomer?

>using """antivirus"""

lmao i got norton

/g/ here literally just don't be a tard and download bobsandvagene.avi.xxx.exe from www.sexaypussy.ru and you don't need AV

your grammar is breaking down

Funding a game from the onset means that the game wouldn't have existed without the funding party

Funding a game when it's pretty much done means the funding didn't actually help development, meaning the payment didn't benefit the customer in any way. The game was always going to come out

Literally one google search away. Just search and read away. Jesus fuck this is why i hate niggers so much is your iq the same as your shoe size?

Attached: IMG_20190820_232352.jpg (717x1114, 129K)

>norton
/g/ would have a fit

This unironically. There is absolutely zero reason why you shouldn't be pirating everything on EGS.

Irrelevant, dumbass
>The payment didn't benefit the costumer
Lmao what an entitled idiot. The payment is not meant to benefit you. You're a moron

>Doesnt let games be sold anywhere else, effectively controlling the supply like a monopoly
Playstation has a monopoly on Marvel's Spider-Man, does this mean they aren't competing with Microsoft?
>More money for pubs
And for smaller devs who are self-published.

>i got norton
>/g/ here

Doubt.jpg

There is also no reason to not pirate everything from steam. Afterall steamdrones already paid for my copy

You take screenshots of all your games in your Steam library then pirate them, just like every digital storefront that will go away at some point.
>B-but Steam says they'll figure out a way to let me play my games!
You'll get an option to play Valve games and maybe a couple dozen indie devs, but if you seriously think that every company you've ever bought games from is gonna let you have a DRM-free copy of their games you're fucking crazy.

Attached: 1408841242336.jpg (781x586, 85K)

As a customer, why would I defend something that doesn't benefit me and more importantly actively makes my experience worse by limiting my choices? Are you a dev because that's the only reason you would actually defend this practice

filter all epic threads

Epic is known for their flexibility.
A licensee of their engine hit on a smart idea for shooter multiplayer, and they retooled a vaporware project that just hit early access (even though it was released on disc for consoles with no such concept, with zero labelling as unfinished) into the most popular game in the world.

That trajectory might look great to potential investors, but it's the exact opposite of what you want as a consumer looking to enter a lifetime-long contract for continued digital "ownership" of video games with a massive corporation.

>does this mean they aren't competing with Microsoft?
Not on playstation as a platform you fucking imbecile
And the entire platform belongs to one company who decide what can be on ot or not. That is a fucking monopoly. You cannot release a game on playstation without kowtowing to them and censoring tits. You know, things that never happened on PC
>And for self-published smaller devs
Got any examples of these unicorns, fag?

I see, you have nothing to argue with anymore. Good think we agree at least on the fact that steamwork killed physical copies.

>limiting your choice
Now you have more choices, you can get the game on epic or wait a year and get it on steam.
Before that you could only get it on steam.

chang only knows ad hom. he's not allowed to debate or he'll get replace with chong

Kek no, because you either unironically think rootkits that locked down installations are consumer-friendly or you're just shitposting

You're an idiot and you're goalpost moving. No one cares whether you defend something or not. But don't act like you're entitled to a product or that the product should be what you want

Games a whole compete with other
entertainment medias. Games also compete with each other. When there are substitution goods there is no way a monopoly can occur, hence sony for example was never hit by anti-trust law. There is no such thing as monopoly here. Gaming is just one huge oligopol

Steam has pretty good sales, allows you to easily update your games, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, unlike Epic.

>don't act like you're entitled to a product or that the product should be what you want
Then dont act like you're entitled to success if you choose to piss on the people who d cide if your game should be a success or not. And dont act entitled to my money as I pirate your game (if the game is what I wanted in the first place)

They were more consumer friendly than steamworks drm. I preffer having rootkits on games i own than not owning them at all. But again, you're just a zoomer so you wouldn't understand

Digital music services and licenses through iTunes were introduced to the market over 2 years before steam came out. The move to digital licenses over physical copies was happening before steam existed. Your argument is inherently flawed, but its ok.

>+5 social credit points have been added to your social credit score

>Before that you could only get it on steam.

Or GOG which was also a choice taken away

Or one of the many third-party key sellers that don't exist with the Epic Games Store unless they're an approved seller by Epic

Pretty much the only thing you can do since these threads are literally endorsed by the mods.

Attached: results of calling out chink shilling.jpg (1163x463, 226K)

>Sony isnt a monopoly, sure they own the entire platform and everything on it, and can easily prevent games from ever coming out to other platforms, but they're not a monopoly!
>WAAAAH STEAM MONOPOLY!!!!
really faggot?

Epic has the money to refund everyone and has done so lots of times if the Store went to shit.
Stop defamation, gabe

You're right about their flexibility

>Cliffy Bazinga mad at Epic, leaves
>Epic makes greatest game in the world
>Cliffy makes garbage
feels bad to be Cliffy

On an unrelated note, is this why we get like, 6-7 threads everyday about classic wow for the last 2 months

GoG is a choice for approximately 4% of games, great.

You're just special kind of retarded aren't you?

And here we have a complete fucking retard outing himself as a fortnite kiddie who never pirated a single game in his life and has no idea how steamworks helped to curb piracy unlike rootkits and securom

Have you tried not being a cocksmoking faggot and stop spamming?

>the fall
We went through this shit with Origin already. There's no "fall" coming any time soon.

Games with workshop support are worth buying if you ask me, is easier to manage.

>>WAAAAH STEAM MONOPOLY!!!!

4channel is not one person

>entitled to success
I'm pretty sure Epic and the indies that signed are very happy with their success
>hehe i'm gonna le pirate
hehe, you sure showed 'em. Wait no. No one cares

First time I ever posted that, chink.

>Not on playstation as a platform you fucking imbecile
Not the question. Are they or are they not competing with Microsoft? To your point, digital distributors tend to compete only with other digital distributors off of their platform, that tends to be a universal factor. Steam might allow devs to distribute Steam keys, but they don't allow GoG to sell on their platform.

>Got any examples
Coffee Stain, Super Giant, Double Damage, Klei Entertainment, Mobius, Snapshot, etc.

>Happy with their success
When was it the last time an egs exclusive hit 1 million sales? I forget, since all these exclusives were cherrypicked special games ready for success and big sales numbers, right?

>You're just special kind of retarded aren't you?

>claims steam is what killed physical copies
>correctly explain that apple started it with music over 2 years prior to steam being released
>thinking companies would continue to create physical media when a cheaper solution exists, and internet adoption had reached an acceptable point to implement it

I know you need things spelt out for you, but try to use your brain for something other than a rent free zone.

If they weren't happy with their success they wouldn't have signed, retard

Why are valve-drones so insufferable? Oh woe is me, more than one launcher! Oh no! It's not like you're buying a $500 console to get the games exclusive to it. You're literally downloading a piece of free software.

>Coffee stain, published by Deep silver
Your very first example is wrong, faggot
>Steam might allow devs to distribute Steam keys, but they don't allow GoG to sell on their platform
Imagine being this retarded. Just imagine

Attached: Cyberpunk-2077.jpg (1920x1080, 843K)

>be a moron
>get banned

OMG WTF I HATE CAPITALISM NOW

>Posts the same shit 18 times to grab people's attention instead of once
Talking about the Epic store isn't a bannable offense, spamming is. I also like how you screencapped your ban as if anybody would disagree that you're a gigantic faggot

Attached: 1465946407995.gif (640x360, 173K)

You do realize that physical music is still a thing you fucking zoomer? Why the fuck do you feel the need to defend valve for fucking with your ownership to begin with? I have hard time beliving you are not a real shill right now.

But then again, you are not old enough to remember ever owning a game.

>Customers
Does that look like a potential fanbase to you? With those low Steam numbers?

>They succeeded before they even signed the exclusivity deal!
Chink, maybe you should take a break. I can hear your circuits frying

technicalities and such but, they were not successful until after they signed. sorry for being anal

i mean, he's right. Steam killed physical on PC. Digital storefront killed it, and Steam is the defacto storefront

Not that guy but
Remember when CDPR was mad because GMG were selling witcher 3 cheaper than it was on storefronts?

>You do realize that physical music is still a thing

Yeah and physical copies for TV shows still exist but essentially don't exist as a percentage of sales. Steam didn't prevent publishers from still selling physical copies so I'm not sure where your argument for blaming Steam is coming from

>never pirated a single game in his life

That's funny, because i never paid for a single game in my entire life.

Yea it's almost like they can read the terms of the deal, gabe cocksucker

Well, thank god steam is not trying to put their steamworks on music and movies. Yet

You will never understand because you belive valve can do not wrong. Which is the problem with cultists.

If that's actually true you're a sad individual

>spam egs threads every single day for the last couple years
>one post calling it out is the spam

Check the publisher credit on literally all of their games, m8. Also picking out 1/6 of my examples isn't a strong case.

GoG's parent company selling a game on Steam is not GoG (nor CD Projekt) distributing on their platform. Also Cyberpunk was an odd example to use, considering it is available on EGS as well, which is even more than you could say for Microsoft titles on PS or vice versa.

Yeah, it's pretty sad to have free entertainment

EGS hasn't even existed for the last couple years

>One post saying the same thing 18 times is spam
Yes, that's what spam is retard

>I never paid for a single game in my life! That's why I love rootkits and securom locking out installations! I also hate steam and love epic store because it is so consumer friendly! Am I one of the cool kids now?

Who are you quoting?

It's been around since Fortnite, retard chink.

No, it's not.

Attached: chin_kee.jpg (350x351, 44K)

>It's been around since Fortnite, retard chink

It's like you are screaming that you are 14 years old. Mods?

Yeah it is, that's why the mods banned you for spamming.

These 'store wars' are pathetic and pointless.
It has nothing to do with the quality of the games we get or with our ownership of games.
All these stores don't even sell you the license to a game, because with a license you have a right to have your game and with stores they can take it away for any reason.
Any game in those stores is tied to an account and their service is providing you access to that account and it's a service they can terminate at any time for any reason.
With GoG you have the protection of them not being to take away your games, but you still don't get the license.
This is a big walk around the laws for copyright that were created to prevent exactly what these centralized stores are doing, which is right holders (in this case it's the stores) being able to take away the shit you bought as a product.

You have to assume that all digital stores would die the same way that indie store that started with a D did, died, lost access to account and all games forever. Anyone telling you otherwise is in denial, companies don't care about the consumer other than getting them to buy their shit.

>trying to put their steamworks

So if Steamworks is some kind of thing preventing game from ever releasing physically like you're retardedly arguing, why are games still capable of releasing on GOG (or hell, publisher's own storefronts like UPlay and Origin)?

Is that also why the mods ban for anything at all that has the Tiananmen shit in it?

lmfao, that's what being loyal to Steamies gets you

>Gaben has said before that

Attached: 1564322641941.jpg (900x851, 50K)

>It has nothing to do with the quality of the games we get

Disagree, at least epic sometimes allow games to be better by providing funds. Example is shenmue, they were able to do additional content thanks to epic.

But other than that you are right

>Cyberpunk was an odd example to use, considering it is available on EGS as well, which is even more than you could say for Microsoft titles on PS or vice versa
Which is my point-a monopoly on PC is a fucking stupid idea because anybody can sell on anything, so having everybody sell everywhere is just the better economical solution. Except when epic swoops in and takes gog and steam sales off the market because 'waaaah muh steam monopoly!'
You also further enforce my point PS is effectively a monopoly at the same time and circumstances in the PS platform are nothing like those in PC. Something EGS is actively trying to change

Maybe because they don't use steamworks? Shocking, isn't it

>"steamworks is preventing all physical copies!"
>well, what is stopping developers from releasing their own physical copies?
>"STEAMWORKS!"

So then you admit Steam is not to blame for physical copies going away, but on the publishers making the decision themselves?

based

Yes, just like epic is not to blame for offering exclusive deals, but publishers are to blame for making the decision themselves.
Problem is, both epic and valve offer deals that are anti-consumer and anti-competitive and you faggots see only one side of the coin.

read the TOS.

when you go digital you don't own shit. you rent "indefinetly" or until they decide its over

Steamworks prevent both physical copies and competition.

Don't choke yourself on gaben dick. It's going

STEAMWERKS!

Attached: 1562524871381.png (567x649, 405K)

U fookin' w0t m8? Epic's reason for paying developers is to take away choices of places to play games. Valve's reason for offering Steamworks is to give devs/publishers a reason to use Steam, not actively take away other choices

>Waaaah steamworks is too good its not fair to the poor competitor epic!
>Waaaah steamworks is the reason publishers dont release physical even though they dont have to use it!
Kek

I'm donte, gaben could rape your mother in front of you and you still would defend him
>H-HE DIDN'T MEAN TO

The best games on EGS are borderlands 3 and Ghost Recon breakpoints

Reminder to hide all epic shill threads and sage any replies to epic shills.

Attached: sage.png (600x900, 136K)

>implying steamdrones know what sage is
Nice try

Pirate all video games. Do not support these corporations. The end.

>pays developers for their games, buys games for pirates, refunds users when the store dies
Sweeney really is based

Yeah and I'm sure changing to epic will make people happy for you chang.

Statistically Yea Forums was a lot more PC focused back when phoneposting wasn't as large of a thing back in the mid-to-late 2000s, meaning that 'Steamdrones' who have been using Steam for well over a decade probably do know what sage is and does

You can't unironically belive that any oldfag would defend valve, can you?

>since Fortnite
No it hasn't, moron

Can't believe epic did this!

Attached: 1565773982951.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

>gamers
>customers

Attached: projecting.jpg (702x336, 12K)

your answer does not make any sense. you're a zoomer all right.

>Epic
>ever running out of money
Stop being an alarmist.

Attached: 1501767414607.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

I can if you really think '08 makes me an oldfag

The Outer Worlds

You mean The Outer Wilds. Shame the dev got screwed by their publisher with exclusivity bullshit. Genuinely amazing game

When Microsoft recently shut down their e-book store and simply refunded everyone as well since they would lose access.

Pretty much. Epic could just subside on UE money forever. Add in Fortnite and Tencent money and you have a juggernaut that's here for the long-run

Steamies just can't accept it

Don't buy from them and you won't have to worry about it.

Epic could've subsided UT and Paragon, but they didn't

Yea cause they're dead games

>They don't force anyone to use their store
They did force the drm client for "physical games" valve-drones didnt whine until egm did it

Attached: 1563904424258.jpg (640x694, 268K)

did you read that link you retard valve is literally a monololy they are the walmart of pc games

Attached: 1565751187317.gif (128x123, 35K)

LMFAO REMEMBER THAT UNVEILING KEK THE FATFUCK LITERALLY THOUGHT PEOPLE WOULD EAT THIS SHIT JUST CUS

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw

Attached: 1565247251167.jpg (724x871, 56K)

Valve is not a monopoly, holy shit you retard.

They pretty much were until Epic. Competition is noot about existing, it's about competing. All the games are on Steam, therefore all the people are on Steam, therefore all the games will be on Steam

Sweeney is right when he says that exclusives are the only way to disrupt that. If EGS was just a normal store, no exclusives, 30 split, no one would use it. Regardless of 'le shopping cart'

This so much, the game would be cult were it not for the failed launch.
Remember, this was and will be the fate of every game launching exclusively on EGS. I'm certain AAA games will have a somewhat successful re-launch on Steam once they're out of the exclusivity bullshit but indie games are destined to be forgotten about.

GoG has existed for years you imbecile.

>Remember, this was and will be the fate of every game launching exclusively on EGS. I'm certain AAA games will have a somewhat successful re-launch on Steam once they're out of the exclusivity bullshit but indie games are destined to be forgotten about.
You joking right valve-drone? If it werent for all of the whining and drama i wouldnt know about outer wilds
Just implying that a game has to be on steam to either be good or remembered its very stupid

For now, lol. GoG is like grocery shop while steam is a fucking walmart as a whole

Good god you cant be that stupid thats why the comparison to walmart a semi monopoly gog nerver carried big AAA titles in fact it used to only carry OLD GANES

Forcing competition, let alone competition with imperfect information, is the very definition of market manipulation.

How much does a dev even get for an exclusive contract? I heard Ubi got a deal in the millions for their games, compared to what? a few thousand for indies? Even Pitchford says he had to pay fees just to shorten the exclusive period for 6 months.

This is hell for a dev, If you were not desperate then this would be cause to stay the fuck away.

Metro Exodus is better than both of those will be. So is Division 2. So is Journey.

They started carrying big titles and not just old games long, long before Epic store launched though user. They succeeded by, you know, actually offering something of VALUE different then Steam. They competed honestly, they didn't try to moneybag it with commiebucks.

EGS is not competing. What they are doing is non-competitive. They are attempting to remove competition. Exclusives is not a way to compete. A way to compete would be to have a competent store.

EVERYTHING that EGS is doing right now is 100% unsustainable. It's not a working business model. And the only reason it can be done is by literally pouring money into it at a a loss for as long as they must in order to conquer the market. THAT is their strategy. However it won't work. People aren't going to give up everything just for some exclusives. Exclusives still haven't gotten me to buy any fucking consoles in the current generations, and they never will. Why would it work just because it's on PC? I still don't buy "exclusives" from developer/publisher exclusive launcher shits either.

No, Epic is doing the most scummy most absurd thing they can in the hopes they can destroy Steam. And once they do that, they will jack up the revenue sharing rate because they KNOW their 12% split is unsustainable, and they will go overdrive on every scummy practice you can imagine.

And then you'll be begging for Gaben to come back and save you. And he'll look down and say, "No."

So on console, exclusives are the one and only thing that matters, but on PC, where the platforms are fucking free, exclusivity is verboden. Okay.

You'd know about it if it had a normal Steam release and was good, it's a game that's been hyped and had a small following since it was a small project some 7 years ago.
Instead of being talked about, it came out in Epic with little fanfare, not even a drama, it was just one game in the few that Epic bought along with Metro Exodus.

>Just implying that a game has to be on steam to either be good or remembered its very stupid
I'm not implying any of that. First the game needs visibility, or some amount of press coverage or hype before it can sell, and only then can we know if it's good or worth remembering. EGS ensures that this never happens.
Did you even buy it?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.31 - 18.12.37.87.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

I'm saying exclusivity hasn't convinced me to do ANYTHING, and it sure as hell won't now. And other gamers are of the same mind. Learn to read.

Valve is not your friend, 4channel is not leddit. Go back

In an time where even Sony is encouraging multi-platform support, the old idea of exclusivity seems primitive, especially for the company that put their most popular game on everything from consoles, to mobile devices.

I'm not saying Valve is my friend, but they're not some evil overlord. That's Epic and their Chinese overlords. They want to take over the gaming industry to infect their spyware on all computers. And then they can control all of the content on the games. Because then they'll take over and be the monopoly. At least that's how they're thinking.

>Not understanding the point
Gog has never been in direct competition with steam its again like a small shop trying to compete againts walmart

I don't even know if you can do a regular steam release with EGS. You either take the exclusivity contract or you don't use the platform at all.
I recall someone saying there's like an absurd fee to break the contract earlier than 2 years.

>I still don't buy "exclusives" from developer/publisher exclusive launcher shits either.
Oh so you are a valve-drone huh?

If Epic offers exclusivity, they will NOT accept a regular equal release with Steam. We have proof from a recent dev that asked if they could just release on both stores and Epic refused, so they won't be releasing on Epic.

Yes, because that was a game you actually owned your copy of, rather than a game that requires a launcher tied to a store to run, that would render your game unplayable if that store ever got taken down. This is true for steam too, of course. The only way to truly own a digital copy of a game is to pirate it.

No, I'm not a valve-drone. I buy games on GOG too. Because GOG offers something that I find valuable. THEY COMPETE SUCCESSFULLY!

Which other gamers? Because I'm pretty the majority of people don't give a shit. We all already have Steam, Origin, and Uplay. Adding one more doesn't hurt.

>EGS ensures that this never happens.
How exactly just because "no steam no buy" lmfao

You're thinking like literal kid. No one is evil, everyone is greedy.

>but they're not some evil overlord
They sure as hell were acting very shityy years ago trying to avoid the whole refund thing until the eu forced them

Attached: 1_YW8HKZCAxiFigsVHsVTu3A[1].jpg (700x553, 62K)

>THEY COMPETE SUCCESSFULLY!
They are in the red. GoG have nothing to do with the word "success", life support at best.

You are not the majority, faggot. And egs sales numbers are proof of that. How many months has it been? Any 1 million sales landmarks yet?

I want to see how much money these incentives are. How much is ubisoft getting compared to indies?

And when these contracts end and they inevitably get on Steam, is it revenue comparable? The additional developer cut seems worthwhile in the long term but no one, not any of the devs seem to care much about the cut, its all about the near-immediate cash injection from Epic.

And I refuse to use Origin and Uplay.

Pretty much, I'm not sure what's so funny about the truth of what's happening.
I'm glad devs get money upfront, I'm sad the games are dead on arrival.

You should buy only on gog and pirate anything steam/eg exclusive :^)

How many digital copies did Metro sell?

EGS can report anything it wants. I don't believe anything they say for a second. Their claimed sales figures are a lie, guaranteed.

Ubisoft is not under exclusivity contract. They publish their game where they want, and they don't want to deal with steam cut any longer. Ubisoft is out of steam, forever

>No, Epic is doing the most scummy most absurd thing they can in the hopes they can destroy Steam.
I dont like them but fuck steam

So you don't play any Ubisoft games at all because of your misguided loyalty to a lard ass and his games company that doesn't make games? Nice.

Steamdrone talking to a steamdrone everyone, enjoy

Which contradicts . Hell Gearbox complained about having to pay a fee to limit Borderlands 3 for 6 months of exclusivity.

My point is, these terms are negotiable. I'm sure Ubisoft has some sort of deal which makes them more receptive whereas indies are getting low-balled.

Doesn't mean they didn't get a huge pile of cash for leaving steam and choosing EGS instead.
They played their cards well, since no one in their right mind would buy a game on the EGS when it's available directly on Uplay (which you need to run the EGS version)

damn steam drones thinking a game only matters if its on your preferred drm client

Based ubi

You also need it to run the Steam version. That's why buying Ubisoft games on any platform other than Uplay is retarded

Kek

>They are in the red.
Source?

Read your post again. Find a flaw
>Hell Gearbox complained about having to pay a fee to limit Borderlands 3 for 6 months of exclusivity.
Proof
>My point is, these terms are negotiable. I'm sure Ubisoft has some sort of deal which makes them more receptive whereas indies are getting low-balled.
Proof. You're just talking out of your ass. They have enough reasons to not use steam and use egs instead for free.

Yes but it gave the games enough visibility that people still fell for it, because let's be honest, 90% of the buyers don't really follow all that crap.

The same 90% you're talking about already have EGS installed because they play Fortnite and don't have loyalty to any digital store.

pcgamesinsider.biz/news/68593/reports-point-to-gog-being-in-poor-financial-health-but-why-would-cd-projekts-storefront-be-in-trouble/

The only reason for gog not closing down is their own games. Operating profi from GoG was always pathetic as you could see in their financial statments. Funny enough, CDPR is a public company. Unlike epic or valve

Yeah, you're right
>get upfront money from Epic
>get sales from Fortnite players with reduced cut
>get sales from angry Steam people who flocked to Uplay with zero cut
It's a complete win for them.

>having loyalty to any digital store.
Soi kino

Attached: 483.jpg (205x246, 18K)

Damn thats terrible and there are retards who buy their games on steam reducing their profit

Ubisoft is a public company. They are obliged to inform public about such things as exclusivity deals, they have none. They choose epic because it's a superior or inferior store to steam, either way it benefits them.

Epic hate crew couldn't give less shit about GoG even when they claim otherwise. There is like + 200 reviews on darq about how they buy the game because they refused epic deal. There is 8 reviews on GoG, no mention of epic.

>DARQ is now one of the most wishlisted titles on Steam
rofl, he got fucking scammed by Gaben

Epic wont just disappear you retard.
If the store were to close unreal money will keep servers up for consumers long after just like how steam plans on doing it if they died as well.
Its like you want to ignore the most prolific game engine out the last 2 generations going into 3

>games dead because its not on steam
>games dead since i cant play it because a logo
kek

NOOO YOU DON'T GET GIT, HOW CAN YOU EVEN PLAY A GAME WITHOUT SHOPPING CART. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. EPIC IS ANTI CONSUMER

ching chong ding dong

Source?

god i hate you steam drones. THE SHOPPING CART DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER

That is only because Riot has shittier PR than a police state currently perfoming ethnic cleansing. No chinaman ever nerfed my main

does anyone know why the chinks paid wotc to have mtga """exclusively""" on epic when they're just going to have it for free from themselves?

based and user-reviewpilled

>yet nobody cares about Tencent having 80-100% ownership of League of Legends and a bunch of other games
that's just a flat out lie

You've missed your time to shill horse armor my friend. You should be shilling this new Fallout 76 game.

I like how you deleted POE from this quote. Anyway, before epic tencent was know to invest in good products and not changing these products to their will. There is still no indication they they are infuencing epic in any way other than much china

It doesn't say they are in the red only that they got very close.
Looks bad for them and if epic keeps pumping money quite a few stores beside steam could disappear. It's somewhat ironic how epic talks about creating competition while in reality what they do kills the competition except for steam.

>I like how you deleted POE from this quote.
I did because people don't complain about poe (or at least, not that I've seen)
they do complain about league and other games though, which is why it was in my post, zhang

Holy shit, source?

Okay prove it cocksucker

>Prove that people have, at some point in the past, complained about something
ok retard

Let me help you
google.com/

god you're even stupider than i thought
if there a replacement for the Yea Forums+/vg/ archive yet? you can look there if you want

>GoG
>competition
Every fucking time

>Make a statment
>I don't have proofs, search for them yourself

Is this the power of steamdrones?

Attached: 1559205620855.jpg (1024x457, 64K)

I understand you don't like epic, I don't either, but they're not going to close in 1-2 years. If they aren't worried about their profits now, when the hate for epic is at its highest, I doubt much of what we say here will effect them.

Depending on how long that other source of money lasts, its not the worst way to muscle your way into an industry.
See amazon for a worryingly successful example.

>egs
>competition
Heh, they have now how many games? Is it at 1% of steam? Their "we don't want non exclusive games" club with a couple games isn't competition. With gog at least one can dig a bit for good games.

Where are all the people talking about Outer Wilds? It's a great fucking game that literally no one's talking about. Really makes you think.

They'll have to hope Autochess and the next Rocket League game become megahits and keep them relevant and profitable enough to offset all of the massive spending they've done

wrong, the wallet rulles.
the more bad pr the less money have the less investment.

Literally every almost every indie thats not multiplayer or advertised to hell and back retard.
>its dead cuz I didnt play it
Shame, its really fun.

If you think it being on steam would magically get more threads going you are actually being retarded.
The majority of the space sim community already approved it as awesome and enjoyed the hell out of it.
Stop being upset you cant enjoy things because Yea Forums told you a logo is pure ebil

...Epic?

kek no it doesnt retard.
Try learning about american business first.
%40 is jack shit and not even worth attempting a hostile takeover with

I lived through that era and aside from them developing a good engine, I don't think they really did much good since the UT games

You are very familiar with the concept of competition? Rivalry is one of the core parts of competition. GoG was never a rival to steam

I did play it to the end and loved the shit out of it, that's why I'm angry they chose to let it die on a shitty platform, drowning in the Metro Exodus drama, when it deserved much better.
I pirated it, and I wish more people did, so they'd buy it as soon as it's out of EGS, I know I will because it's the best game I've played this year.

>Fortnite money isn't drying up anytime soon.
user, there is a reason they call these games "flavor of the month".

>"flavor of the last 2 years"
I dunno dude

OP here.
Well, it was a nice thread till the autists poured in, but it will be gone soon. Goodnight, everyone.