Why is spy not allowed to have a good gun?

Why is spy not allowed to have a good gun?

Attached: mrpp4chcdf411.png (946x726, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/9bpgk8ph
youtu.be/y76wnOSQdEI
youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7OKWSu10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the revolver does like 60 damage

For me, it's the Enforcer.

Attached: 250px-Enforcer.png (250x154, 43K)

>the diamondback doesn't exist

OP is correct. All Spy’s gun sucks.

Yeah it sure is fair to get crits for ever backstab you do

>I want my name to be spaghetti

I don't get it.

Stock is good tho

I don't even play Team Fortress anymore but do you seriously not understand why a class specifically meant for infiltration and stabbing people in the back shouldn't have a ranged combat option that rivals other classes? The combat with a stealth character is supposed to be shit so that you'd get fucked when you fuck up your stealth.

Tonight, you.

For me it's the 629 Deluxe

Attached: 629.jpg (375x375, 9K)

>ignores Wrangler shields
>ignores Vaccinator
>ignores Fists of Steel
>ignores Natascha / Brass Beast defense boost
Based. Rate frenchies ITT

Attached: Westside Merc.png (249x429, 67K)

Stock works fine, that's why

And reddit memelords can sway balance decisions. That too

>Oneshots literally anyone with backstab.
>Has cloak
>Can look like enemy team member
>Can shutdown engineer camp with sappers.
>Death ringer can bait stickies.
Imagine if spy will be as good at ranged combat as any other classes.

There's nothing wrong with the fists of steel or the defense boost. Enforcer was a huge part of why spy was the problem child for the longest time, at the height of its use spy could also have easy immunity to fire and more effective health than an overhealed heavy. If you don't understand why they tried to push spies away from the route of just gunning people down to their faces you're legitimately an idiot.

>This logic
>But a Sniper should totally be allowed to headshot people at point blank because "muh skill"
>Implying it's not just as skillful to click on someone's tiny ass head that's 5 pixels wide with a weapon that has no scope to zoom in with

Attached: 1329452927670.gif (200x220, 17K)

base revolver is extremely strong for how accurate it is, how fast it fires, and how fast it reloads
ambassador is still overpowered

Because then he'd just be a sneaky Scout

>Accurate

Yes, I love having my cursor dead center on someone and only hitting 2 out of 6 shots because of its absurd bullet spread.

Didnt they just make it so you cant snipe people from across the fucking map with it?

we're talking about the revolver, not the pistol
try aiming lol

>sit on a corner disguised
>carefully aim at the head of an enemy
>skillful
b4 u mad cus bad

went from left to right when i really starting picking spy up
save me

Attached: 9.png (851x692, 291K)

Remove the glasses.

Looks like someone wants to be raped again.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF FAGGOTS.

Attached: 150px-Icon_soldier.jpg (150x150, 5K)

how did this man get best TF2 girl

is it possible to own the libs as spy just using a revolver and cloaking

i'd rather do that than bother getting in positions to backstab

His default is amazing wtf

You can get people to chase you and eventually wear them down, but the revolver's more of a "Oh shit I am going to die regardless and I'm not behind anyone" weapon

I only play spy just to fuck with engineers and just generally distract the enemy team. The more they are looking for me, the less they are focused on defending.

Attached: Sphee.png (540x604, 115K)

TF2 rewards bad players. Not skillful ones.

Did they nerf the revolver in the last few years? It feels much more innacurate and like it has quicker falloff

I've never paid for mvm before, is it guaranteed to pay for itself in the end?

Attached: 1548767945715.jpg (807x654, 86K)

They made it so that the damage falls off to literal nothing after about 5 inches away from the barrel and that it has random spread so you can't land headshots from more than 10 yards away reliably

>ignores Wrangler shields
>ignores Vaccinator
>ignores Fists of Steel
>ignores Natascha / Brass Beast defense boost
only took like 16 months to fix it woo hoo

>haven't used ambassador in ages since it was nerfed
>equip it again
>gunning down scouts and pyros and demos and whatnot right from the get go
>generate rage from people out of practise dealing with amby spies

Attached: 1463718661500.png (198x213, 95K)

never heard of the term gunspy?
if you reach pubstomping status it's 100% a legit strat, depending on how paranoid they are sometimes it yield better results than just relying on backstabs

still a bad class overall but you can have fun doing it

it's guaranteed to NOT pay for itself unless you get an aussie, and you need 4 tickets for that which is 4 bucks
the "high tier" specialized killstreak sell for 2.5 which you only see like 2 bucks of

you can make some profit off the professional killstreak, but it's not a guaranteed drop

Is it too late to get into tf2 bros? I've been a consolefag for over 20 years and I'm buying my first gaming PC today.

Attached: 1547653972968.png (334x428, 135K)

Is it too late to get into tf2 bros? I've been a consolefag for over 20 years and I'm buying my first gaming PC today.

Attached: 1547653972968.png (334x428, 135K)

The tactical advantage is in the engravings.

no its not jinjo, i only started a month ago i'm having fun times

when will they nerf the fucking sniper
why does this game even needs a fucking sniper

Attached: 1551689011741.jpg (268x265, 15K)

>is it too late
not really, also the game is free so there is literally no reason not to play it.
Better with a friend.

>hadn't run into a dead ringer spy in so long it slipped my mind that it existed
>a guy appears with it equipped and tricks me 3 times in a row

touche

ahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahhaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sniper is supposed to be a counter to stuff like Heavy/Medic combos, being able to pick them off a safe distance away. The problem is that there isn't much incentive to play far away and safely, but instead within mid range using quick scopes.

IT WOULDN'T BE A VERY GOOD CLASS BASED GAME IF ALL THE CLASSES WERE SIMILAR WOULD IT?

Like how only one class has grenades, one class has a rocket launcher and the Spy has a itty bitty little knife that does 600% TARGET'S CURRENT HP AS DAMAGE

Attached: ssss.png (838x80, 10K)

they should make it so you have to fully charge your shot before you can get a headshot, that way snipers cant just pick off entire teams in the blink of a fuckin eye

it's free and if you really want to unlock all the weapons early, you can buy a key from the in-game store (2.50) and every single weapon in the game can be for a minuscule fraction of the in-game currency you get by selling it

go on and play with the classic, see how terrible it is, and that is with the fact that you can charge your shots without having to suffer tunnel vision

the problem with that thing is having to release the mouse to fire, that is against the muscle memory of just clicking to shoot

yes, also that.
also i swear to god there's a delay between lifting your finger and the shot actually firing
also also the shot just getting sent to the shadow realm if you jump too early

you guys better have this one

Attached: achievment.png (822x68, 14K)

>2017
user...

Enforcer would be better being a building buster

because medic players cried a weapon was good against them

They don't want you to play gun spy, they want you to play spy using stealth

from my experience you have a like a 75% to fully make it to pay for itself if you:
A. play two cities ONLY (any other tours are shit since no robot parts)
B. do some research on the market (check the most valuable killstreaks, which killstreaks to sell and which to use for a professional one (and if so, on what professionnal killstreak should you use it))
C. have like additional 1-2$ in your steam wallet to buy any robot parts you miss

otherwise you will get about 50% of the price you paid in

Attached: 1542860173918.png (1024x512, 335K)

i can be ur fren

>>But a Sniper should totally be allowed to headshot people at point blank because "muh skill"
You know you could make a solid case that the Sniper Rifle should have inverse falloff. It would definitely follow a similar line of logic to why they required the Sniper to stay scoped to charge up damage.

I use the l'etranger to keep my DR going over and over again

>play spy
>in position to backstab a med and drop the uber
>take out revolver and take him out in three clean shots
>even manage to run away before his heavy turns
>the absolute salt
Revolverchads rise up

>Has cloak
Can't attack while cloaked, and anything that sticks a visual effect to you makes you easy to spot
>Can look like enemy team member
Disguises don't fool anyone unless they're new at the game
>Can shutdown engineer camp with sappers.
No Engineer worth their salt is leaving their nest unattended and will be wary of anyone approaching

Spy is weak as piss and there's nothing wrong with giving him a non-shit gun.

>>expectations
>reality
>gets crit by ubersaw med
Fixed

He's his father, after all.

What are the head and body cosmetics? I like this setup.

How so?

Ubersaw is a meme melee
>rarely have moments to use it unless its a disguised spy
>most of your uber comes from crossbow and medigun
>meanwhile solemn vow chads hit 75 dmg on lit snipers every thirty seconds

Because it's a stealth class.

Ambassador got nerfed.

Carl and Hunger Force.
No seriously, those are the names.

Or you safe your own life when you melee someone at 75% uber who is about to kill you.
Pop it don't drop it.

It's so good. I don't know why people hate it so much.

>tfw enjoy blutsager for making pyrofags rage when I s+m1 healing through their flames but know I am objectively worse than most medics because I am not using the crossbow

Attached: Alex.jpg (968x681, 43K)

tbqh if you find yourself in a match where you're regularly having to use the blutsager it's probably wiser to use it over the crossbow

Nobody is allowed to have a good anything anymore, every weapon that used to be fun is a watered down version of itself now

let's be real here, nobody is crying over the bonk or sandman nerf.

fuck the caber nerf though.

>It's so good
are you a time traveler from back when it had a 20% flat damage and it increased the time it took to cloak?

How do you people set things up for quick weapon switching?
Q is nice but it switches between two out of the three or four weapons and regular selection feels too slow for the heat of battle.

>crossbow
Crutch

Turn on quick weapon switch and learn to use the numkeys

>150 possible spy gear combinations
>Need to read a million item descriptions to understand how this game even works
Can't we just go back to Vanilla?

Attached: 1557419532931.jpg (1306x979, 291K)

No way, I need my Big Earner.

Based and Carlpilled

Attached: 243524A4-23FD-4A2A-BE54-895DA2F901A1.gif (245x245, 753K)

>they actually mde an entire carl set for the heavy
Though I think Soldier is the closest to Carl himself for personality

Attached: 20190813023630_1.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

Most based item set in TF2. I wear it proudly while wrapped in my Carl bath towel

Attached: 20160627033406_1.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

lol, good one

They get rewards. They get weapon drops all the time.

never too late, I did the same thing a few years ago, now I generally top score, takes a while to get used to

I played probably 15 games today, snipers weren't a problem in any of them

yes, you are, in fact, correct
tf2 does reward bad players with numerous things, one of which is the random crits mechanic, which is why it should be, without a doubt, removed from the game entirely

Attached: 1560494777369.jpg (235x283, 8K)

It was a sniper rifle with no downsides, it was a literal crutch

Attached: 1551675008598.jpg (564x562, 194K)

>literal crutch
It rewards skill. Its the opposite of a crutch

It's a good game at it's fundamentals and you'll still find matches, just don't expect any of the fun community servers or custom maps from back then.

Attached: 1564562478312.gif (540x400, 474K)

>with no downsides
Having to hit a moving dot instead of having a scope sounds like a downside.

>BUT HEADSHOTS TAKE SKILL WHY SHOULDN'T SPY HAVE A 6 CLIP SNIPER WITHOUT THE NEED FOR SCOPING AND THE ABILITY TO JUMP WHILE FIRING AND NONE OF THE DOWNSIDES OF THE SNIPER YOU ARE LITERALLY NERFING SKILL
No

Attached: 1545382012879.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

Nothing wrong with crutches bro, they're just another style of play. Unnerf Blackbox

Attached: 200px-Tankbuster.png (200x196, 58K)

>banned from /vg/
fine, i'll post tf2 here

Normal revolver master race

I still use it and I still can rub my balls on enemies across the map, fuck that furfag for fucking it up.

Because if a sniper got behind people, he'd get flushed out and killed instead of hiding until the heat is off.

Beautiful, slick, elegant, powerful.
Stock weapons are all fucking gorgeous.

Do any of you spybros play music well playing? For me its synthwave.

Attached: 1563776636084.jpg (541x700, 527K)

You don't need any "good" revolvers because stock is already the best one.

L'etranger is good, But most people use it for its cloak advantages anyways rather than shooting.

People forget how robust spamming the revolver is when in a pinch because all of spys other revolvers lower his damage.

Not at arguement for the amby being a crutch. Just because its broken or whatever doesnt mean that it doesnt objectively require skill

>pair l'etranger with invisibility watch
>can actually stand still on big ammo pack and stay cloaked forever
It's such a great passive it feels undeserved. I pair it with kunai for maximum risk. The only time I should be seen is in the killcam

I play Pink Season when I am on a trickstab spree, it makes everything more goofy

Its my favorite revolver because the bonus additional cloak time HELPS for when I play YER or Kunai. Couple with the fact that when you use it with the mindset of keeping your invis for roaming/staying out of sight rather than a offensive and risky style of play you have a lot of fun.

Post then loadouts.

Attached: paulingfan.jpg (2191x789, 375K)

2000's indie Rock

it's still like legit one of the best games ever made
people asking questions like this is also partly why it's still alive; the game is free and on a platform a lot of players get games on so it's one of the first things new PC owners play I started out the same way

Attached: medic01.webm (460x352, 67K)

I could.

But the question is would Sniper mains even consider it, or would they just go "REEEEEEE MUH SKILL I SHOULD BE REWARDED FOR MUH SKILL"

Unnerf Tomislav first.
>That 1/4th second rev time, you TAP the fire button and you would shoot a bullet outright
>it + Gloves of Running more or less made you a 300 HP spy because you could shoot people the second you saw them, and when face first with a heavy that's easily 400 damage in the span of half a second.
Shit was so silly and great and then they just made it a slower base gun.

Anyone else wish they removed the ability to disguise on a whim again but gave it the old set bonus's ability to silent decloak? The current YER is so shit and I miss the set bonuses.

Attached: 250px-RED_Eternal_Reward.png (250x138, 18K)

Absolutely not, TF2 is still one of my favorite games. It's free, and the classes cater to a multitude of different playstyles.

If only it gave the extra damage when not disguised. Even 10% extra when not disguised would make this the perfect gun.

I personally favour killing with L'etranger.
Fools feel like they're invincible because of the lower damage but end up gunned down all the same.

The YER is fine as it is. Though I wouldn't be against the silent cloaking in exchange.

No that shit was legit broken, current Tomislav is better than stock anyway. If any minigun deserves an unnerf try Brass Beast.

Because Spy is meant to be...you know, a fucking SPY, not a soldier

>Disguises don't fool anyone unless they're new at the game
You'd be surprised with how many "veteran players" a good spy can fool.

Same case can be said about demo and soldier for being braindead classes and should have their mobility nerfed

>cloaking behind enemy lines
>see razorback sniper
>using L'etranger and know I'm not good enough to win in a trade
>head to a lower path that leads into their base that would cover me from most angles due to the height difference
>shoot him twice fast and cloak to run away, making him chase me instead of watching the line
Did I do good?

Attached: oh yeah naisu.jpg (1920x1080, 1006K)

Crutches are weapons that allow a bad player to perform as well as a good player, and offer little to no benefit to a good player. If you were shit with aim as a player, you'd be shit with the Ambassador.

Attached: 1562514836333.jpg (1380x762, 108K)

Isn’t the Diamondback a thing?

yes
and it is much better

It is, and it can pull off 102 crits from absurd distances just like the Amby could. Arguably even easier, since you don't have to aim for the head.

SPY
BUFFS
WHEN

No random crits, so it's shit.

What the fuck, people still play tf2 in 2019? Are you serious? (lol)

It's out.

strawpoll.com/9bpgk8ph

Attached: autism.png (1196x2040, 2.9M)

>(lol)
Are you serious? lol

It's the perfect gun if you're good at doing spy shit. You can destroy any class or nest after a good stab streak.

Nice attempt, here's your (you)s.

Attached: EAmxWylU4AATsST.jpg (489x292, 15K)

>Harvest third place
Only other 109 people besides me have good taste.

In the same regard that Amby rewards you for playing Sniper the Diamondback rewards you for playing Spy.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Standin at the bottom. Absolutely shit map.

I love the idea of these kind of weapons but they make untimely deaths so much more infuriating.
>perfect sentry placement, amass 9 crits on the Frontier Justice when it's destroyed
>just as I'm about to unload them, I get a rocket to the face and die

I just had an idea. Remove Sniper and return Ambassador to its former glory.

It's still the best multiplayer FPS of all time.
Just go play it.

NO
How else I'm going to play with the Machina and spam that sound it makes when you try to shoot it

Yeah also give Spy the Huntsman, Jarate, and Razorback.

It's crushing when that shit happens, but it's part of the risk/reward of making sure you can't snowball for all eternity.

Make that 110, my nigga

I wish this weapon wasn't shit, I like its visual and sound design

For not liking the worst KOTH map?

youtu.be/y76wnOSQdEI

*blocks your path*

Attached: 000.png (512x512, 489K)

They should revert the enforcer to 20% more while undisguised, but change the no critical hits to something more substantial like less cloak or lower speed

>starykrow
you ruined it, you ruined it forever

my synthwave nigga
i usually play with synth but when i go big earner i switch to eurobeat
it's pure fuckin ecstasy i'll tell you that

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

I don’t play music to hear decloaks, heavys revving, sentry beeps, and audio cues for ubercharge.
Would be nice though.

That's not Kong King.

Because spies don't use it anyway. all of them go for stabs because it's a meme class for memeing retards who don't understand how to play the game.
So they get better guns than other classes get shotguns, several different escapes for every different way they can fuck up

-And they still bitch and complain.

And valve, being valve, of course balances the game based on how well Spies do when all of them suck shit. Good players play actual classes that matter and aren't a wasted slot on half of the maps.

Attached: us_nerds_huh.png (310x298, 73K)

>weeb map
>tf2 is filled with weebs
>Everyone hates Suijin anyway
Is Suijin possibly the worst map ever made?

Same here, while it's tempting to, say, play Right Behind You when things are getting intense I want to be 100% focused on the game.

If according to you Spy has such good items why is it still a meme class and a waste of a slot?

>shit optimization
>half the map is useless unless you're a Sniper
>the main point is unfun to cap, even moreso than Harvest

I don't get how anyone loves that map.

>kong king
leave

>being this mad that you can't play Spy

>they don't know about the diamondback

Spy was perfect, fucking dead comp shills ruining the fucking game, everytime theres something fun these self entitled self proclaimed elite we are the entire community so balance shit our way and keep giving us hats or else game is abandoned and dead. God I wish this dead competitive scene was actually fucking dead, I wish these hat monglers didnt exist. TF2 would be so much better without these assholes ruining everything fun and unique about TF2 and bloating it up with their shitty ass medals, fuck you.

Attached: swamp.png (1920x1080, 856K)

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

>t. DRfag
Only thing that would make sense would be to move the cloak bonus from l'etranger to the YER mostly because it needs it

There's a reason L'etranger and YER are part of a set, user.

Set doesnt exist anymore. Silent decloak was dumb as hell and DR made it even dumber. YER pre buff was genuinely awful and L'etranger buff made thematic sense on the gun but is pretty unnecessary when the YER was not yet buffed.
If the YER gets brought down, it would need a buff that makes sense, not a buff that revives something that should have stayed dead, remember the danger shield? Conversely, Powerjack was a good example of turning a set bonus into an item.

>Silent decloak was dumb as hell
I ran the set a few times and silent decloack is a game changer. Still prefer stock though.

Is that before or after you shoot them?

t. spy main
>reeeee give me back my crutchessss mommyyyyyyy
No, never ever

yes and then the first time you stab them in the back everyone goes ultra-paranoid

I just shoot at everything that gets near me, only time a disguise can fool me is when I'm not aware the other team has a spy.

Because he's still a worthless meme class wasted on half of the maps. Scout would be a superior choice in those maps.

I play him, but i'm not a mongoloid who tries to play him in a payload map and then bitches that I can't do anything on the valve forums.

i have never played tf2 online i just play the training mode

Play offline MvM with cheats, shit's fun

Just because you sneaked past everyone to kill the medic one time doesn't mean disguises are good at fooling people

The sniper doesn't fucking go invisible.

>scout
>better than Spy at spying
>I'm not a mongoloid

I'd imagine some people give it a free pass because of the aesthetics, but it's kind of a pain to play, yeah. Remember when the point didn't even have the walls in the center?

>being unable to do anything on Payload maps
Spy is great on Upward.

scout can do more than just stare at butts for the perfect strike

That's how you play Spy? lol you must be awful

Scout can do what the Spy can do better and faster through getting to those key picks faster, outmaneuvering them, and shredding them with their scattergun.
A Spy is dead after one pick, a Scout is the gift that keeps on giving even at 3 health.

most of the time as spy you're either trying to avoid being spotted or are dead after one or two picks

Scout is objectively a better pick on 80% of the maps if you care about winning.
If you care about playing grab-ass with that sniper for half of the round, then you do you. Not a shock the frenchman would be a better pick for homosexual intercourse.

don't talk to him, he's a spy main

A scout can't get through choke points without being detected, Spy is more than picking up targets and nests, Spy can make a whole team paranoid and lose concentration and even force a team composition change, can't count how many times I've broken stalemates with the spy.

See Maining is for faggots

Will any online multiplayer game ever have trailers as great as the Meet The Team?

youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7OKWSu10

Attached: 1556161762744.jpg (728x752, 97K)

That almost fucking never happens unless the enemy team is so braindead they don't even bother to spycheck.

>Will any game ever have trailers as great as the Meet The Team?
Fixed and no, no fucking way.

Stalemates, sure. Spy is only going to be a boon when the match slows down enough for him to do his job, but while he's prancing around behind the enemy lines his team has to fight them off with one less member.

The Shadow/10

>That almost fucking never happens
To you.

>2017
zoom zoom

>Spy has the best Meet the Team video and the most fun concept behind him
>he's the worst class in-game
Why God? Why must you torture me like this?

>Spy can make the whole team paranoid
Most of the team doesn't even realize that you're a spy. You die to the first pyro and make maybe 2-3 players spend the rest of the game locking you down. That's why half of the maps are detrimental to playing spy.

Meanwhile Scout can seek alternate routes and actually make the people on the objective paranoid because he can cover so much ground in such a little amount of time. A good Demoman can do the same thing.

Of course, it's mostly situational, but in casual at least, Spy is a viable class if you can use it well.

>being able to uncloak while inside someone's anus without them noticing is a gamechanger
Even good players got fucked by this unless they checked their back to an autistic degree. The set let you get away with so much bullshit that got amplified tenfold by the dead ringer. The only downside was that you had a shitty knife and couldn't use the ambassador

>Stalemates
So basically last points where everything is a choke and there's like 3 engineers?
Meanwhile scout helps when people are actually pushing and there's a lot of space.

I main Spy and Engie, and there's nothing wrong with maining. What is wrong is when people go full retard and insist on using classes that don't fit the situation.

The weapon itself wasn't bad, and good players could use the headshot crits to good effect while running and gunning instead of camping a corner of the map and essentially using it as a crutch to ranged backstab people while being useless.
The latter part is why I understand why it was changed, if you've played tf2 for any length of time you know it encourages spy players to become the most useless, time wasting pieces of shit in the game as they pretend to be a poor mans sniper.
Good players don't use it like that, but 99% of players are not good players.

I don't agree with the change since it punishes good ambassador players too, but I get why they did it.

>Spy is a viable class if you can use it well
Which is a major problem with spy, since his performance depends both on how good you are AND how good the opponent is at spychecking.
This is especially a problem in stalemates, where you need to rely on your team being able to distract the enemy team long enough to make a play as spy. The only chance you get to destroy the sentry nest as spy when the enemy team is not distracted is if all the engineers are dead and/or retarded.

And when you have a nest like that why not switch to Demo and pipe them from a blind angle?

Exactly.

Nope, for instance, Powerhouse always gets stuck in the middle point, as a spy you can force the other team to go after you and forget about the middle point, and lose them on the stairs or the generators on the back. You don't even need to kill them to fuck them over.
Yes, and Spy is the best at spying, scout at scouting and so on

>rely on your team being able to distract the enemy team long enough to make a play as spy.
No? You are the distraction.

>soldier is the best at soldiering
>pyro is the best at pyroing
>demoman is the best is demomaning
>heavy is the best at heavying
>engineer is the best at engineering
>medic is the best at medicing
>sniper is the best at snipering

Main problem with Spy is that he has tools for a certain set of roles, but other classes have tools for some of those roles as well without sacrificing combat capabilities.

>No? You are the distraction
Which also requires you to coordinate with your team.

>ji drops
>oh goodie, a reason to play aimbotter playground-- I mean casual
>dominate someone as pyro, big whoop
>game ends, dominated peep leaves with everyone else, get achievement
lame

Maybe I've been having shit opponents but I find Spy to be really consistently strong in Badlands, I always get some good chainstabs there, clearing the point for the team to cap.

No, you don't. Gamesense, skill and experience is all you need.

>'Guys, I need you to push to flush out people from the nest so I can sap it'
>'Don't be a noob, use your Gamesense™'

Yeah fuck using multiplayer coordination in Team fortress 2.

>I just need good gamesense to be a good spy
>meanwhile the rest of my team is being wrecked horribly at the front
>I can totally distract the enemy team and not rely on my team to follow up

Spy Fortress 2 is all you need, user.

I never do that, I can see my team composition and I can see how they play, I don't need the chat to destroy a nest when I can synergize with my team.

I can enjoy Meet The Pyro for its heavy subversion on expectations but I do wish they made a bigger separation from childlike Pyro to hated arsonist Pyro ingame

Attached: 6A8A8A43-19DB-471A-950E-8A6062ED377A.png (500x924, 479K)

>weeb spy destroying your shitty teammates and acting like hot shit in chat
>go pyro solely to fuck with him
>he starts raging and then quits
So easy yet so satisfying. Spy mains are retarded because they'll never switch off spy no matter how hard they get countered.

Attached: 1565964677270.png (650x650, 13K)

Doesn't work if your team is fucking shit and there's nothing to distract from.

So basically you admit you need a team to begin with.
Even coordinating your distractions with when your team pushes is basic team coordination.

It's TEAM fortress, not Tell your teammates your every move Fortress
You mean you can't?

Back to Spy's namesake, espionage, how does a Spy relay information to his team efficiently?
For example, how do you warn them that a Soldier, a Demo, and a pocketed Heavy are about to make a push through the right entryway?

>So basically you admit you need a team to begin with.
I never claimed otherwise
Huh?

>team chat
>soldiermedic uber 2nd point
Done, so hard.

Remove the firing speed penalty

Why is Soldier, a class whos main weakness is intended to be his overeliance on his primary weapon, allowed to have a great reliable secondary that completely mitigates that?

Attached: Shotgun_item_icon_TF2.png (1261x367, 216K)

>being smug about how spy can do one job in some maps
>meanwhile demoman, soldier and scout are very versatile in all maps, medic is a necessity, and sniper is better at getting picks

You left out the Heavy and the Demo, they'll be slaughtered.

Literally just speak in voice chat
>We’ve got a Heavy/Medic combo incoming from the left/main path/right

so like a scout

Because it's balanced by the fact that Soldier mains can't aim for shit

Huh? Every class can do that.

when player counts get into 12v12 range spy is always useful

you've been memed by competitive format

taking a heavy or medic off the point is extremely useful for your team, as is ganking snipers and fucking up engies

>speak in voice chat
I'd be too nervous to actually have to talk to people, and I don't think it would be a good idea.

>when player counts get into 12v12 range spy is always useful
More useful would be to have an extra of another class.

>taking a heavy or medic off the point
sniper
>ganking snipers
sniper
>fucking up engies
demoman or soldier

>ganking snipers
>sniper
>not sneaking up on them with a Heavy
They never see it coming.

Man, only an angry tard would give you tremendous shit for speaking, most pub players got no problem with someone’s voice from what I’ve heard while playing
Unless you’re a squeaker who's feels the need to talk 24/7, anyways

They were warned of a threat, they know what game they are playing and they have eyes.

>WHIRRRRRRR
>NO I NEED MY HEADSHOTS

I love the reaction you can see by a players mouse movements when they get jumpscared by a Heavy around the corner when they don’t expect it

>warned of a lesser threat
>prepare for it
>run smack dab into a large group
>get slaughtered by stickies and rockets

Because the game is dead, no more updates and therefore no more weapons.

>hold m2
>hold m1 when enemy enters line-of-sight and isn't a mile away
>WHIRRRRRR them into my minigun
>enjoy Yea Forums posts about heavy's low skill-ceiling and not being fun to play

Attached: 1560890625508.jpg (900x900, 74K)

random crits rewards experienced players who roflstomp shitters more than the said shitters because random crit chance scales with recent damage done. And to top it all, guess what deals a lot of damage? Fucking crits. So it's a positive feedback loop of unfairness.

Attached: 1895349644.png (392x377, 234K)

But anyone can still get a random crit, just the likelihood of getting one goes up if you're doing very well. The guy stomping the server can still get shit on with a crit at any time.

OH NO, HE DIED ON A GAME ABOUT KILLING

Yeah but chances are he will fuck over whoever tries to contest him before that happens. I've legit had games where I joined a losing team stuck in the base and I couldn't do much to help them because the enemies were shitting crits constantly and I was getting oneshot

Honestly, the best spy gun would be one with less bullet spread. It doesn't matter how much damage penalty it has, it would be better if you could just consistently land rapid-fire shots.

BRING BACK CRITS!

Tell me faggots why Reddit and tf2tubers keep on that meme that only degreaser worth a shit

Stock is even better for combo pyro thanks to more airblasts. Also after burn panic is nice.

This.
As nice as it is to get backstabs with spy, it's better to fuck with the enemy team's situational awareness.
It's great for distracting the team long enough to have your team get past a chokepoint.
Even sneaking past all of them and destroying teleporters at spawn helps with those types of situations.
The icing on the cake is fucking over other enemy spies, if you're careful enough.

TF2tubers want to cater to the r3ddit audience so they shill degreaser even though it's been nerf to make airblasting not worth it

I couldn't tell you, I have a blast using the backburner with the jetpack though.

Stock flamethrower has been objectively better since Jungle Inferno. Arguably better when they did that holster/deploy change to the degreaser. They're retarded if they think otherwise

as a heavy player I don't let snipers get comfortable shots, spys have way more success on me

The best pyro (sketchek) use stock since he came back from his fake grave

Compfags have an extremely flawed view on the game because they're not playing TF2.

disagree, spy has a role, just like having 4 snipers is redundant 4 soldiers is also redundant

>compfags
>tf2tubers

Sniperfag here, I hate heavies that shoot at me because they keep shitting on my aim with the flinching

tf2tubers don't play comp idiot

>Stock is even better for combo pyro thanks to more airblasts
stock is worse for combo because it's slower, you get enough airblasts with degreaser, and afterburn is the literal definition of a crutch.

the only two tf2tubers i watch want the game to be balanced around 6v6 comp

That guy is a fucking madman.
The amount of bullshit he finds and the sheer creativity and being that good makes him a nightmare

Reminder that a correctly played heavy will SHIT on every other class.

Which ones

I look at LazyPurple's class-guide/"How it feels" videos and he's definitely good enough to play comp on some level. He'll drone on in the same stroke though that he spends most of his time in casual servers (especially considering his own personal "silly server" is one of those horrible "RDM = kick" friendly servers) and competitive has loads of try-hards and faggots.

experienced doesn't mean not bad

uncle dane and funke

>the glory days of Dr. Enforcicle
Ah, the memories

>more airblasts
10 instead of 8 from full ammo. It's literally fucking nothing.

>uncle "engineer should be a mainstay in 6v6" dane

how come 6v6 is the popular format when it's fucking boring to watch, it's medic + demo (played as an offense class) and the three offense classes with a sniper sometimes

>tfw almost no one remembers that heavy’s default minigun can gain an accuracy bonus by burst firing
>protect points using default with constant 7:1 k/d’s
>heavy gets best secondaries
>use dalokohs with brass beast to protect final points with hefty HP
>use banana with tomislav for offensive pushes and snap reactions and KGB for situational but godlike crit bursts thanks to tomislavs fast wind-up time
>use sandvich with stock for great overall defense or offense to push cart/take down nests
Playing as either medic or heavy switches your viewpoint or the game so dramatically it’s unreal. It’s like playing a mod of TF2.

Why did none of you attempt an Uber?

>6v6
>popular

Attached: qxeOkQj.png (623x658, 444K)

Don’t know. Probably because it’s modeled after CSGO’s team layout of 6’s.
Highlander is infinitely better.

>the three offense classes
>pyro
>6v6

How do you get this much distance on an air blast

Attached: 1547170702283.webm (1280x720, 1.56M)

>heavy’s default minigun can gain an accuracy bonus by burst firing
Wait, what?

Attached: 1559352551708.jpg (600x679, 45K)

Probably because it's faster

>get uber ready to 99%
>get crit on before its popped at 100%
Great game

>Standing anywhere near danger before you’re ready
>Blaming the game for your own mistakes

X10+

lmao

>dumbass spy teammate opens door from spawn to DR out
>crit sticky flies in and gibs 5 people

it's supposed to be but i find it doesn't actually work out like that in practice, even the core rotation of smaller maps chosen for 6v6 are too fucking big and the only thing that keeps it from not dragging on is the mobility of their class choices

Again
>Standing anywhere near danger
If you know they’re camping, get away from the door you dummy.

For your health.

You can shoot for a little bit and then retain that accuracy bonus for as long as you're spun up, Heavy's gun gets more effective the longer it's fired until accuracy caps.

>Playing Scout with Wrap Assassin and punt an ornament to a Heavy walking in the distance
>a mere second before it hits our Spy decloaks behind the Heavy to go for the stab
>Heavy gets hit by me and turns around, sees the Spy and cuts him in half with his minigun
oops

Attached: 31D067CF-92DE-435C-82F9-4613754629B5.jpg (600x869, 190K)

>October 20, 2017 Patch (Jungle Inferno Update)
>The 1-second damage and accuracy penalty now applies to the first second of spun-up time, whether or not the Heavy is firing. Previously, the 1-second damage penalty would only be removed after 1 second of firing.
>Accuracy and damage penalties now reset when the Heavy spins down, rather than when the Heavy stops firing. This means if you stay spun-up beyond one second, and fire in bursts, damage and accuracy will remain at 100%.

>being inside spawn should be dangerous
Doesnt matter if they're camping or not, these spawnrooms are cancer

The one in 2fort is true garbage so I’ll give you that one, the rest you can just crawl all the way back to when being camped and get an Uber ready.

>about to backstab someone important
>scout runs toward him and past him
>doesn't even fire his scattergun
>makes the enemy turn around and see me before I can kill him
>die

Attached: 1540115447728.jpg (700x525, 23K)

>most forward spawns only have 1 exit and are a small room with no visibility to what's waiting outside
This shit exists even on good maps and its utter tripe

>soldier
>hurr durr lets take away mobility that players gets for an exchange for secondary weapon from the second slowest class in the game it will sure make him fun to play

>demo
>hurrrr lets take away mobility from a class that gave away his primary weapon for it

you're retarded, sniper is clearly overpowered being able to oneshot 7/9 classes in the game in a second while soldier and demo actually take skill to play

Because he is also TF2 best boy

Attached: 8e3558a3bfeafdcba4f1343822ab3baa.png (490x731, 166K)

It would probably piss off anyone who has decent time on sniper but I think sniper should use projectile instead of hitscan that way players actually have a chance to dodge and snipers actually have to lead their shots. Also maybe nerf splash damage a little bit. Spy is fine where he is, the gun should be a last defense that you use to take out pyros and snipers with razorbacks.

Attached: cat bone juice.png (736x736, 509K)

The Healing Trinity for Soldier ( BB + C + HZ ) is the Chadiest loadout in the game .

Like the Lucksman?

Kinda but much much smaller and a lot faster, issue with the huntsman projectile is how fucking massive it is. I don't know much about tf2's engine so it might not work out well but if you could do it I think it would be the best way to rework sniper. Not like it would ever happen of course.

Attached: file.png (482x879, 206K)

But it crits a lot of you actually heal, so it's better

>Sneaking buffs:
Spy can fake reload always.
Spy can toggle disguise or real speed.
Spawn wallhacks don't work on Spies.
Disguise animation bugs fixed.
First and third-person animations for disguising and for cloaking/uncloaking are synced.
No on-hit effects (Building rage by hitting cloaked Spy, for example) work on disguised or cloaked Spies unless they kill them.
Cloaked Spies near dispensers or Payload carts can heal, get revolver ammo, and recharge cloak meter with Stock watch regardless of current disguise.
>Spying buffs:
Spy can see loadouts like he can see health and Uber meters. This includes weapons, ammo loaded, ammo stored, rechargeable meters, Rage meters, enemy heads, etc.
On disguise kit, Spy can see enemy team make-up, dead and alive, as two numbers above each class icon.
When holding disguise kit, Spy can see the outline of anyone he's disguised as.
None of the above three work on enemy Spies.
>Pure gameplay buffs:
Spy gets 20% damage resistance when disguised, the same thing they get when cloaked.
Revolvers have quicker accuracy cool down. (1.25 sec to .87 sec)
Sappers can be slid a short distance (Shift+M1) and can attach to buildings. Now takes 1 second to recharge on placement and 4 seconds on slide. Can be broken while on the ground, will attach to buildings placed near them, and when a fifth is slid, the oldest will break, like a sticky. Enemies walking over them will have chargeable meters quickly drained, including Uber, cloak, rage, etc.

10% more while undisguised.
Breaks through resistances.
Can get random crits.
20% slower firing speed.
10% less damage while disguised.
The honest man's weapon.

>t. Uncle Dane

Spy is great at PL defense.
I love playing Spy on Thundermountain for this reason.

because spy's main purpose is to stab people, not LARP as ocelot
although i really wouldn't mind a subclass dedicated to that but his alternate revolvers dont really suit that style right now

>it's a bit slower so it's worse
Means literally nothing, honestly. Since the changed swap times on all weapons and made them a bit faster, it feels fast enough. And if it isn't enough, you can use the panic attack

>reflecting sniper shots

Attached: 1550298028998.png (500x450, 216K)

I wish Pyro just got one single good flamethrower or that they unnerfed airblast and afterburn.
I mean come on, soldier has a bunch of good shit, can’t Pyro have a good weapon that isn’t a secondary?

I love using the Blutsager cause I love to go Quick fix medic, focusing more on getting around with with Scouts and Soldiers and keeping teammate topped up with health
and I don't care if I am shit and my team hates me for doing it, its fun to play and no one can ever stop me

I wish I could play Spy but my computer shits out at the worst times
>I go to backstab
>...
>...
>I'm next to them or in front of them and I die

I get that a lot too.

>The biggest and most infamous of crutches
>Chad

Attached: 32043.jpg (640x1050, 211K)

MERCENARY PARK IS A GREAT MAP
THERE
I
SAID
IT

black box is literally the number one crutch next to flog

>Managed to get Aces High Hat of Cards for next to nothing thanks to crate depression
>Would've cost me a shit-ton otherwise because it's "muh themed"
thanks tradie wadies!

Attached: 234267271.jpg (377x635, 26K)

I agree.